PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Bidoofdude
1st January 2013, 02:18 PM
I meant as more of a g1 esque one to get a group of thundercrackers. Like the masterpiece, the generations figure, the G1 figure etc.
I like my generations TC though.

Jetfire in the sky
1st January 2013, 05:19 PM
Armada Thundercracker is G1-esque due to coloration and styling features, but I guess it depends on the individual's definition of "esque" :p
I loved Energon Starscream due to his likeness in robot form to his G1 counterpart, same same with Hot Rod and others. I guess this was the first time when I realised what an homage was. :)

Starscream77
2nd January 2013, 02:37 PM
For all Sydney siders:
I am palnning a bit of a trash and treasure TF hunt day and i know of a couple of flea markets i want to check out but...

Are there any good flea markets, op shops, unique places anyone wants to recommend around Sydney / Western Sydney for me to check out ?

Hursticon
3rd January 2013, 12:46 AM
So could G1 Motormaster be considered the first Nemesis Prime? After all he has the purple and black combination, is a truck, was a direct rival to Optimus (in the cartoon at the very least and Bio too) and he is also a commander.

Really all he is lacking is the name.

Personally, I'd prefer to look at it as every Nemesis Prime/Scourge is that universe's Motormaster. ;):cool:

kup
3rd January 2013, 12:54 PM
How many toys are there in the US G1 run 1984-1990? (not including S.T.A.R.S., Time Warrior and decoys)

All these polls have made me wonder and I may be too lazy or tired to count.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd January 2013, 01:18 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to look at it as every Nemesis Prime/Scourge is that universe's Motormaster. ;):cool:

That's what I always thought as well :D

I was curious to know if others felt the same.:cool:

Megatron
3rd January 2013, 09:13 PM
...Why can't we have a legit MP Shockwave? I've heard there's a problem with copyrighting the name. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Thanks.

Bidoofdude
3rd January 2013, 10:05 PM
It's more like the rights to the mold. An MP figure would be too close to the mold to evade the rights of the mold, IIRC. The name is fine. :D
I think the closest you will get is the new Masterpiece scale Fans Toy's "Quake Wave", which looks really good, with lights and (hopefully) sounds.
http://www.tomopop.com/fans-toys-quake-wave-is-a-real-shocker-28509.phtml
http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/third-party-transformers-434/quake-wave-6871/
I definitely want this, as we probably won't be getting an official MP figure of Shockwave for some time.

Megatron
3rd January 2013, 10:17 PM
Has/Tak doesn't own the mould, really? Then who does?

Bidoofdude
3rd January 2013, 11:33 PM
Toybox, I believe, AFAIK IIRC.

griffin
4th January 2013, 03:12 AM
How many toys are there in the US G1 run 1984-1990? (not including S.T.A.R.S., Time Warrior and decoys)

All these polls have made me wonder and I may be too lazy or tired to count.

About 400, depending on where you cut off Gen1, and how many "extras" you include - like Mail-away, Mini-spies, Minibot variants and My First Transformers.
(list below is from my collection site (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection.html))

1984 - 28 + 3 Extras
Decepticons - Megatron, Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Skywarp, Starscream, Thundercracker, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble.
Autobots - Optimus Prime, Bluestreak, Hound, Ironhide, Jazz, Mirage, Prowl, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Brawn, Bumblebee (yellow), Cliffjumper (red), Gears, Huffer, Windcharger.
Extras - Bumblebee (red), Bumblejumper, Cliffjumper (yellow).

1985 - 50 + 12 Extras*
Decepticons - Shockwave, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Barrage, Chop Shop, Ransack, Venom, Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel, Bonecrusher, Hook, Mixmaster, Long Haul, Scavenger, Scrapper.
Autobots - Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Blaster, Roadbuster, Whirl, Perceptor, Slag, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, Grimlock, Grapple, Hoist, Inferno, Red Alert, Skids, Smokescreen, Tracks, Topspin, Twin Twist, Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide, Seaspray Warpath.
Mail Order - Sky Dasher, F-1 Dasher, Drill Dasher, Camshaft, Downshift, Overdrive.
Extras* - (Mini-Spies) Mazda/FX-1 (white), Mazda/FX-1 (yellow), Mazda/FX-1 (blue), Jeep (white), Jeep (yellow), Jeep (blue), Dunebuggy (white), Dunebuggy (yellow), Dunebuggy (blue), Porsche (white), Porsche (yellow), Porsche (blue).

1986 - 58 + 3 Extras
Autobots - Broadside, Sandstorm, Springer, Hotspot, Silverbolt, Air Raid, Firefight, Skydive, Slingshot, Blades, First Aid, Groove, Streetwise, Metroplex (with Scamper, Slammer, Sixgun), Sky Lynx, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, Blurr, Hot Rod, Kup, Wreck-Gar, Hubcap, Outback, Pipes, Swerve, Tailgate, Wheelie, Eject, Ramhorn, Rewind, Steeljaw.
Decepticons - Trypticon (with Fulltilt, Brunt), Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, Octane, Gnaw, Runabout, Runamuck, Ratbat, Motormaster, Onslaught, Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage, Tantrum, Razorclaw, Blast Off, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, Breakdown, Dead End, Drag Strip, Wildrider.
Mail Order - Spectro, Spyglass, Viewfinder.
Extras - (My First Transformers) Car-Bot, Jet-Bot, Truck-Bot.

1987 - 51
Autobots - Fortress Maximus (with Cerebros, Spike, Cog), Brainstorm (with Arcana), Chromedome (with Stylor), Hardhead (with Duros), Highbrow (with Gort), Scattershot, Doublecross, Grotusque, Repugnus, Blurr (with Haywire), Crosshairs (with Pinpointer), Hot Rod (with Firebolt), Kup (with Recoil), Pointblank (with Peacemaker), Sureshot (with Spoilsport), Punch/Counterpunch, Cloudraker, Fastlane, Afterburner, Lightspeed, Nosecone, Strafe, Chase, Freeway, Goldbug, Rollbar, Searchlight, Wideload.
Decepticons - Scorponok (with Zarak, Fasttrack), Sixshot, Apeface (with Spasma), Snapdragon (with Krunk), Mindwipe (with Vorath), Skullcruncher (with Grax), Weirdwolf (with Monzo), Hun-Gurrr, Cyclonus (with Nightstick), Misfire (with Aimless), Scourge (with Fracas), Slugslinger (with Caliburst), Triggerhappy (with Blowpipe), Pounce, Wingspan, Battletrap, Flywheels, Blot, Cutthroat, Rippersnapper, Sinnertwin, Overkill, Slugfest.

1988 - 60
Autobots - Optimus Prime (with Hi-Q), Quickswitch, Getaway (with Rev), Joyride (with Hotwire), Slapdash (with Lube), Cloudburst, Groundbreaker, Landmine, Sky High, Splashdown, Waverider, Catilla, Chainclaw, Gunrunner, Hosehead (with Lug), Nightbeat (with Muzzle), Siren (with Quig), Landfill (with Silencer and Flintlock), Quickmix (with Ricochet and Boomer), Scoop (with Tracer and Holepunch), Fizzle, Guzzle, Sizzle, Backstreet, Dogfight, Override, Grandslam, Raindance.
Decepticons - Doubledealer, Darkwing (with Throttle), Dreadwind (with Hi-Test), Bomb-Burst, Bugly, Finback, Iguanus, Skullgrin, Submarauder, Carnivac, Snarler, Roadgrabber, Snaptrap, Nautilator, Overbite, Seawing, Skalor, Tentakil, Fangry (with Brisko), Horri-Bull (with Kreb), Squeezeplay (with Lokos), Needlenose (with Zigzag and Sunbeam), Quake (with Heater and Tiptop), Spinister (with Hairsplitter and Singe), Cindersaur, Flamefeather, Sparkstalker, Crankcase, Ruckus, Windsweeper, Beastbox, Squawktalk.

1989 - 57
Autobots - Skyhammer, Crossblades, Vroom, Doubleheader, Longtooth, Pincher, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Jazz, Roadblock, Countdown, Groundshaker, Hot House, Ironworks, Erector, Overload, Highjump, Mudslinger, Powertrain, Tote, Free Wheeler, Roadhandler, Swindler, Tailspin, Big Shot, Flak, Sidetrack, Sunrunner, Fixit, Red Hot, Seawatch, Stakeout.
Decepticons - Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Octopunch, Stranglehold, Starscream, Birdbrain, Bristleback, Icepick, Scowl, Slog, Wildfly, Skystalker, Skyhopper, Airwave, Greasepit, Flattop, Roughstuff, Nightflight, Storm Cloud, Tailwind, Whisper, Blackjack, Detour, Hyperdrive, Road Hugger.

1990 - 85
Autobot Actionmasters - Blaster, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Inferno, Jackpot (with Sights), Jazz, Kick-Off, Mainframe (with Push-Button), Rad (with Lionizer), Rollout (with Glitch), Skyfall (with Top-Heavy), Snarl (with Tyrannitron), Over-Run, Prowl, Optimus Prime, Sprocket, Wheeljack.
Autobot Micromasters - Full-Barrel, Overflow, Retro, Surge, Pipeline, Gusher, Blaze Master, Eagle Eye, Sky High, Tread Bolt, Crumble, Groundpounder, Neutro, Takedown, Big Daddy, Greaser, Hubs, Trip-Up, Big Hauler, Heavy Tread, Hydraulic, Slow Poke, Barrage, Heave, Moonrock, Missile Master, Phaser, Blast Master, Oiler, Slide, Strikedown, Power Run, Wheel Blaze, Road Burner.
Decepticon Actionmasters - Banzai-Tron (with Razor-Sharp), Devastator (with Scorpulator), Krok (with Gatoraider), Shockwave (with Fistfight), Soundwave (with Wingthing), Treadshot (with Catgut), Axer, Starscream, Gutcruncher, Megatron.
Decepticon Micromasters - Blackout, Spaceshot, Terror-Tread, Cement-Head, Bombshock, Dropshot, Growl, Tracer, Barricade, Ground Hog, Motorhead, Roller Force, Direct-Hit, Power Punch, Fireshot, Vanquish, Meltdown, Half-Track, Grit, Knockout, Sledge, Hammer, Stonecruncher, Excavator.

TOTAL - 389 + 18 Extras*

* plus another 12 if you count Mini-spies by allegiance, as each of the 12 colour/mould varieties had an Autobot or Decepticon sticker.

Add about another hundred if you then want to include Hasbro figures released in UK and South America.

5FDP
4th January 2013, 11:21 AM
...Why can't we have a legit MP Shockwave? I've heard there's a problem with copyrighting the name. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Thanks.

If it's a Masterpiece then there's a chance that we'll see one at some point as it would be an all new mould. In fact, it's been alluded to for quite some time. A reissue would be a different story as it's been speculated for a while now as to who actually owns the rights. Also, if the mould has been lost / destroyed as rumoured, reverse engineering a mould from an existing toy can be quite expensive not to mention inaccurate. This was the process used for KO Shockwave and KO Sunstreaker which is why there are certain details of the toys that differ from the originals.

Megatron
4th January 2013, 11:29 AM
If it's a Masterpiece then there's a chance that we'll see one at some point as it would be an all new mould. In fact, it's been alluded to for quite some time. A reissue would be a different story as it's been speculated for a while now as to who actually owns the rights. Also, if the mould has been lost / destroyed as rumoured, reverse engineering a mould from an existing toy can be quite expensive not to mention inaccurate. This was the process used for KO Shockwave and KO Sunstreaker which is why there are certain details of the toys that differ from the originals.

I wanted to ask about reissues as well actually. That's very interesting, I didn't know all this. Thanks for the info!

Bidoofdude
4th January 2013, 07:18 PM
Isn't it also what he looks like, as well? I thought I'd read that somewhere. :D

5FDP
4th January 2013, 10:34 PM
Isn't it also what he looks like, as well? I thought I'd read that somewhere. :D

Not necessarily. Hasbro produced a resin prototype for Shockwave in the 6 inch Titanium series (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach/4/0/5/9/7/4059746852cab54c89_1197125082.jpg) which closely resembled his G1 self. Sadly, this was cancelled before making into production because the toys were for the most part poorly executed and not very popular. There would be nothing to stop them from producing an up-scaled version of this toy, with a few tweaks of course, and call it a Masterpiece.

We'll see a MP Shockwave before the end of the year if not sooner ;)

i_amtrunks
5th January 2013, 01:06 AM
Does anyone know if this "reissue UM" from robot kingdom is legit?

Ultra Magnus (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFHRUM&lang=us)

Not a bad price, and I'd like a Magnus with all the bits and pieces they stay where they are meant to!

5FDP
5th January 2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, it's legit. It's being re-released in Asia (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/generation-1-powermaster-optimus-prime-ultra-magnus-and-astrotrain-to-get-asia-re-reissued-176193/) with a bunch of others. Good luck trying to loose those missiles though ;) :p

Megatron
5th January 2013, 12:37 PM
I have another question, but this time it's about the 1984 G1 Jazz toy. From what I've discovered, there was a different version released in 1985, which lacked door stickers with the word "Martinii" and from what Wiki tells me, entirely lacked the "Martinii Porsche" decals for the windshield and rear spoiler. Wiki also tells me that this was an exclusive mail-away version from Cookie Crisp cereal. Also, the one with the missing stickers has an "R" instead of "TM" on the front flap. Here's a comparison pic:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/Transformers/Jazzcomparisons_zpsc738bc87.jpg

Can anyone confirm this, and if so, does this mean that the mail-away version is rarer/harder to find?

Thanks!

Skullcruncher
5th January 2013, 01:23 PM
Pre-rubsign on the left, with rubsign on the right. Pre rub is much cooler :D

The cookie crisp Jazz came in a clear bag - I think.

Megatron
5th January 2013, 01:26 PM

Aha, well that was easy... thanks Skullcruncher!

Bidoofdude
5th January 2013, 05:23 PM
Does anyone else's kreo Sunstorm's (or seekers) helmet not fit on all the way. My Sunstorm's eyes stop at the edge of the narrower part and will not go any further.
I looked inside, and it seems that the stud-hole thing is too thin at the front, so the front of the stud won't go in.
Is this on all Sunstorms or is this a common QC issue?
Thanks. :cool:
EDIT: I just played around with him now. It is also very hard to take the helmet off.

Starscream77
7th January 2013, 02:57 PM
i guess thats a no from the sydney peeps???

For all Sydney siders:
I am palnning a bit of a trash and treasure TF hunt day and i know of a couple of flea markets i want to check out but...

Are there any good flea markets, op shops, unique places anyone wants to recommend around Sydney / Western Sydney for me to check out ?

GoktimusPrime
7th January 2013, 03:51 PM
Flea markets etc. are extremely hit and miss (mostly miss). Back before people were using eBay I used to find more stuff, like a loose complete original G1 Soundwave for $5 :D And I always found LOTS of bot-less Pretender shells. But I honestly haven't tried checking these places out since the late 1990s, so I have no idea what it's like nowadays.

Even dedicated toy fairs like the Parra Fair are mostly a miss for me - but that's because I've been collecting Transformers for a long time and I already have most of what people are trying to sell there. But you can always find Transformers at such fairs. Flea markets, op shops on the other hand, most times you won't find anything TF related... and if you do... well, LMK if you find the back half of a Bomb Burst shell, eh. :)

5FDP
8th January 2013, 08:39 AM
The only market that I have ever visited in Western Sydney for the sole purpose of finding vintage Transformers was the Trash & Treasure Markets in Prestons (http://www.trashandtreasure.com.au/markets_sydney.html). That was a couple of years ago. The only 'Transformer' that I found was a KO Motormaster... you know, the carded KO Stunticons that you would find at most other markets except they only had Motormaster by itself.

Also worth mentioning is the smell of the place. It was quite 'special'... if you like unique smells :p

theshape
8th January 2013, 09:46 AM
Ive found a few things in markets in perth - Loose kup, jetfires gun, pretender jazz shell, a pretender car. There are later issue loose TFs too that can be found pretty cheap

Skullcruncher
8th January 2013, 11:18 AM
I recently won a real auction - meaning I was at the auction and bid on the transformers lot.

$5 + $1 buyers premium. MIB G2 Gripper complete with paperworks, complete sinnertwin, broken wheelie and an clean astrotrain decoy.

Happy days especially when I sold Gripper for more than $5 :D

tinyJazz
8th January 2013, 08:42 PM

It absolutely did. bradforj on TFW posted some photos of a MISP mail-away Jazz here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/627854-mailaway-g1-transformers-pic-request.html#post8058673). :)

Was there ever a "Martinii" stickered G1 Jazz with a rubsign? I've seen a few about with the 84 copyright stamp. :/

Also, I have a cookie Jazz question too. ;)

I bought one off ebay from another collector about four years ago. Blank stickers, no rubsign, green headlights and it came with the censored instruction booklet.
Does anyone know: Is there a way to tell the difference between the mail-away and the 1985 rubsign Jazz just going by the toy itself?

Thanks guys.

Bidoofdude
10th January 2013, 01:36 PM
What are the dimensions for Encore 20 Devastator's box, since I'm finding it hard to tell and the pics make it look quite big?:D
Thanks.

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th January 2013, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know if this "reissue UM" from robot kingdom is legit?

Ultra Magnus (http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFHRUM&lang=us)

Not a bad price, and I'd like a Magnus with all the bits and pieces they stay where they are meant to!

It is. I bought one. Short Smoketacks, long missiles. Stamped hasbro 2009 I think.

i_amtrunks
10th January 2013, 05:42 PM
It is. I bought one. Short Smoketacks, long missiles. Stamped hasbro 2009 I think.

Thanks Tets, went and ordered one with some of the other Hasbro reissues. Next time, some takara reissues!

Paulbot
10th January 2013, 09:33 PM
What are the dimensions for Encore 20 Devastator's box, since I'm finding it hard to tell and the pics make it look quite big?:D
Thanks.

Roughly 8cm x 44.7cm x 25.2cm

Bidoofdude
10th January 2013, 10:35 PM
That's slightly different to what I thought. It looks huge in pictures.

Autocon
13th January 2013, 03:48 AM
I have a misb leader starscream. Is it worth opening and transforming it?

Kazza
13th January 2013, 10:23 AM
I have a misb leader starscream. Is it worth opening and transforming it?

I reading this as 'leaderclass' starscream which makes me think its either the HFTD one or the GDO one, i always open my toys to transform them at least once and look for any QC issues. I do enjoy transforming them every now and than.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2013, 11:09 PM
So... whenever people talk about "Asian exclusive" toys and things being released for the "Asian" market... are we pretty much talking about the Sinophone (Chinese speaking) market? Because "Asia" is a pret-ty big region, and I'm wondering how many non-Sinophone Asian countries get these Asian-exclusives. Certainly Japan doesn't seem to get them. What about Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Lebanon or Turkmenistan?

Because when we talk about "European exclusives," we're talking about toys that are released widely across a fair spread of the European continent . When I look at toys with European packaging, we can see like a dozen languages other than English cramped on the packaging like French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc. But when I look at images of Asian Exclusive Transformer packaging, like say Year of the Dragon Ultimate Optimus Prime, the only language other than English that I can see is Chinese. Which leads me to wonder if these toys are only being released in Sinophone markets like China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore etc. and not in Non-Sinophone Asian countries like Japan, Gangnam-Land^South Korea, Thailand, Iran, Laos, Cambodia, Mongolia, Eastern Russia, Kazakhstan, Israel... you get the picture. ;)

---------------------------------

P.S.: I'm talking about stuff released in regular stores. I know places like Hong Kong and the Philippines have lots of specialty stores that sell all kinds of imports, but I'm not talking about that. Kthanks. :)

griffin
20th January 2013, 12:51 AM
Asian Exclusive is a long established term that doesn't mean "geographic Asia", but "Hasbro Asia", which is based in Hong Kong, and supplies stock to various other Asian countries like Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, and maybe China as well.

Hasbro HK/Asia became big enough a few years ago to start releasing their own versions of Japanese TFs, for their "Asian" (non-Japanese Asia) markets.

It's a labelling term, not a geographic term, so maybe ask Hasbro HK what countries they sell their products to.

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2013, 02:44 PM
So I received a G1 Hotspot ages ago from an OTCA member, and had put it away somewhere safe. Found it while cleaning up today and had a play around. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get his head out of his chest in robot mode! Any hints/ideas?

Paulbot
23rd January 2013, 02:50 PM
Isn't it kinda sping loaded like Rumble/Frenzy. I feel like you kinda push it forward and it pops up. But it's been a long time since I picked up my Hotspot.

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2013, 02:58 PM
Isn't it kinda sping loaded like Rumble/Frenzy. I feel like you kinda push it forward and it pops up. But it's been a long time since I picked up my Hotspot.

Thanks Paulbot, after a little wriggling on the nead it popped right up. I thought it was tied into the ladder at first. Seems like some dust/something crumbly had gotten in down near the neck and clogged up the spring.

All fixed now and working a treat. Thanks.

Paulbot
23rd January 2013, 03:02 PM
I thought it was tied into the ladder at first.
You could put the Defensor head in its place if gets stuck :) It's pretty common now (especially after PCC) but back in the day having the Gestalt head built into the toy instead of being a helmet or accessory was one of my favourite things about Hot Spot.

GoktimusPrime
23rd January 2013, 03:10 PM
You could put the Defensor head in its place if gets stuck :) It's pretty common now (especially after PCC) but back in the day having the Gestalt head built into the toy instead of being a helmet or accessory was one of my favourite things about Hot Spot.
+1. Defensor was the first TF gestalt to have a self-contained head. :)

G1 Triggerhappy's head works the same way as Hot Spot's -- in case anyone runs into that problem in the future. ;)

Bidoofdude
25th January 2013, 12:33 PM
Do the combiners' limbs change size when they combine?
I've been watching Scramble City and I couldn't help but notice how a limb suddenly becomes 3 times as tall as a regular transformer.:p
I thought it was just bad g1 scale to make them look big, but I played Combaticons Combine on FOC yesterday and I again noticed how the limbs become double or triple the size/height of the Autobots you're smashing.
Can someone please inform me on any info that might help explain whether they change size or not?:confused:
They probably do it to make them look bigger but I would like to know if there's any info on this. Thanks.;)

Paulbot
25th January 2013, 01:52 PM
It's mostly this

do it to make them look bigger

Off the top of my head I don't recall any character explicitly mentioning a particular size change in the fiction, except that they form "giant robots".

Scale is always a funny thing with Transformers. Groove is a motorcycle (maybe 7 feet long) and Blast Off is a space shuttle (184 feet long) and they both form similar size limbs and transform into similar size robots.

Jetfire in the sky
25th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Hasn't one of the latest comics by Furman given an explanation for this? Or perhaps an older one :confused: I recently read it when I was reviewing different stories to read.

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, gestalt robots always get bigger when they're combined to make the gestalt itself look more massive. :p The only one that had consistent scale would have been Revenge of the Fallen Devastator. Construction vehicles are a good choice because they are freaking massive. I find Dinoking and Monstructor to be quite hilarious... two teams of little Decepticons who combine to form big gestalts in canon. Dinoking is big enough to battle Road Caesar and Star Sabre, and Monstructor is big enough to kick the crap out of Omega Supreme! :eek: (yet the toys themselves are puny as)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Monstructor/photocomic_monstructor03.jpg

griffin
25th January 2013, 02:43 PM
Ask Gen1 Soundwave or Megatron about size changing when transforming... and where the extra mass comes from, or goes (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mass-shifting). :p
But Scale has never been a priority if a plot device or toy engineering prevents it, although in some instances there have have been attempts to incorporate it somewhere (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale).

Trent
25th January 2013, 02:45 PM
G1 Triggerhappy's head works the same way as Hot Spot's -- in case anyone runs into that problem in the future. ;)

And Slugslingers IIRC

jazzcomp
25th January 2013, 02:50 PM
Is G1 hook really loose in devy mode? Always seem to be slipping off when I combine devy.

jazzcomp
25th January 2013, 02:54 PM
Scale is always a funny thing with Transformers. Groove is a motorcycle (maybe 7 feet long) and Blast Off is a space shuttle (184 feet long) and they both form similar size limbs and transform into similar size robots.
Astrotrain was big enough to contain the decepticon lot in TFTM animated :)

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2013, 03:19 PM
Is G1 hook really loose in devy mode? Always seem to be slipping off when I combine devy.
G1 Devastator is generally not the most sturdiest of gestalts. Hook shouldn't be that loose though. :/

Astrotrain was big enough to contain the decepticon lot in TFTM animated :)
Or was he? :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator03.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator03a.jpg

5FDP
25th January 2013, 04:18 PM
^ That's one of your best Goki :p

Bidoofdude
25th January 2013, 10:04 PM
Nice photocomic Gok!
Yes, I am quite aware of scale issues but I was pretty much asking only about the combiners though. Thanks for all the helpful info though.:D:cool:

Mythirax
26th January 2013, 03:07 PM
The POP gave me quite a good giggle :D:D

Jetfire in the sky
26th January 2013, 03:48 PM
In reference to G1 Bumblebee, did the Red one have a pic of the toy red car and yellow bee with the yellow car mode on the card or did it vary? I can't seem to find a clear answer on Fred's or anywhere else.

Bidoofdude
26th January 2013, 05:25 PM
I believe the red bee had a yellow bee art and vice-versa (Cliffy of course). I think that's it but you never know.;);):)

Jetfire in the sky
26th January 2013, 06:51 PM
I believe the red bee had a yellow bee art and vice-versa (Cliffy of course). I think that's it but you never know.;);):)

I'm not referring to the art, it's the picture of the toy itself on the front of the card, they had both red and yellow bee variants. I may not have worded my question correctly.

Paulbot
26th January 2013, 07:09 PM
I am not sure that the Red Bumblebee was ever on a card with the vehicle photo on the front. I think it was only from 1985 that the mini-vehicles started getting sold in robot node and the photos were added. And I think the Red Bees had gone by then. Not 100% though.

Edit: no, Red bees kept coming in 1985. I would guess the instruction photos would have been yellow the whole time and this so would the front photo but it's only a guess.

griffin
26th January 2013, 11:26 PM
In reference to G1 Bumblebee, did the Red one have a pic of the toy red car and yellow bee with the yellow car mode on the card or did it vary? I can't seem to find a clear answer on Fred's or anywhere else.

I did a google search and came up with these images...
Red Bbee on card with yellow art & red car photo with minispy (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1515/)
Red Bbee on card with yellow art & red car photo - no minispy (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Original-G1-AFA-75-Series-2-Red-Bumblebee-MISB-/121019552387)
But maybe it was random, as this one is a yellow Bbee with a red car photo (http://thepoptopshop.com/osc/images/Bumblebee.JPG)
Looks like the same happened with yellow Cliffjumper, with a yellow car photo (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1670/) - As well as without a car photo on the card (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1669/)

Is that what you were hoping to find out?

On a side note... after seeing heaps of KO mini-vehicles on fake backing cards, I hate seeing the word "reissue" everywhere by counterfeit/KO sources. It's just so deceptive and wrong using a legit TFs word, because they know they wouldn't get as many customers if they used the fake words (from people who don't know the difference, but know that "reissue" toys exist as legit toys from Hasbro & TakaraTomy).

Jetfire in the sky
27th January 2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks griffin, that 3rd link shows what I'm after.
Totally agree with you on slime selling fakes and calling them reissues. Makes me super mad :mad::mad:
Good point Paulbot one that warrants further investigation. :)

P.S. that cliffjumper is not a bad price

Ae-Evolution
27th January 2013, 09:29 PM
I'm looking into the battle tanker and was wondering, does the purple/blue kit come with the body armour or is it just the tanker?

http://tformers.net/g/generated/18756/MakeToys%20Battle%20Tanker%20Blue%20and%20Purple%2 0BotCon%20Shattered%20Glass%20Tanker%20Mode%20Imag es%20(1)__scaled_600.jpg

This would suit the Combat Hero Prime yes?

SuspectimusPrime
28th January 2013, 03:32 AM
I'm looking into the battle tanker and was wondering, does the purple/blue kit come with the body armour or is it just the tanker?

http://tformers.net/g/generated/18756/MakeToys%20Battle%20Tanker%20Blue%20and%20Purple%2 0BotCon%20Shattered%20Glass%20Tanker%20Mode%20Imag es%20(1)__scaled_600.jpg

This would suit the Combat Hero Prime yes?

That pic isn't working on my phone, but the Purple or Majority Blue versions are remoulds designed for Botcon Shattered Glass Optimus Prime and Botcon Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus respectively (price of both became way overpriced on eBay once MakeToys made the announcement - jumped from $100 to $250). For the UM set, there is a new remoulded head. The blue one also works with Generations Combat Hero Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/maketoys-battle-tanker-shattered-glass-editions-176190/).

Ae-Evolution
28th January 2013, 01:13 PM
What I meant was, does it also come with the armour for the body it self and not just the tanker, by armour I mean the side elbow plates and chains parts. I know it's expensive that's why I'm just settling with a ko.

SuspectimusPrime
28th January 2013, 07:08 PM
What I meant was, does it also come with the armour for the body it self and not just the tanker, by armour I mean the side elbow plates and chains parts. I know it's expensive that's why I'm just settling with a ko.

The armour for RTS Prime mould is included. Everything packs into the tanker. You may want to check out a video review. I wasn't aware of a KO for the new mould, recently available only a week ago.

Only knew that the original Battle Tanker mould was KO'ed in purple and blue prior to MakeToys' announcement of the remoulded set for the SG figs. The KO's are distinguishable by their sword and face detail. This original mould that got KO'ed does not contain the shoulder chain or chest parts.

MakeToys Dagger Interspace Army Commando Exclusive (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10007&mode=retail) (new Battle Tanker remould with shoulder chain/chest additions), for SG Ultra Magnus, released Jan 2013.

KO MakeToys Blue Battle Tanker (http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=840&osCsid=c349fb4afb9f772e2f14c75e54d92a09) (original Battle Tanker mould), for SG Ultra Magnus, released post-Botcon 2012.

NB: Apologies for posting in this section if any mods want to move this topic to the unauthorised TF product thread.

kup
31st January 2013, 10:27 AM
Has anyone ever bought stuff from Kapow Toys or Captured Prey? If you have, how are their shipping rates to Australia?

Bidoofdude
31st January 2013, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know what the exclusive comic that comes with Encore Sunstorm is called, because I'm considering the toy for my G1 collection and I want to know if the comic is any good. Thanks. (In Japanese is fine):D:cool:

GoktimusPrime
31st January 2013, 10:23 PM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decepticon_Aerospace_Warrior_Sunstorm

Bidoofdude
31st January 2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks Gok. :D

GoktimusPrime
31st January 2013, 10:46 PM
You're welcome. :)

Autocon
2nd February 2013, 08:52 PM
Should I add photos of everything Im selling or just leave the photos until somebody wants one of the items?

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2013, 10:05 PM
Should I add photos of everything Im selling or just leave the photos until somebody wants one of the items?

I think being pro-active about it would help you sell the items. You are not going to all of a sudden sell everything because of the pictures, but it may help those who are umming and arring about it.

It may also get someone into an impulse purchase.

Hursticon
2nd February 2013, 10:25 PM
I think being pro-active about it would help you sell the items. You are not going to all of a sudden sell everything because of the pictures, but it may help those who are umming and arring about it.

It may also get someone into an impulse purchase.

GP has hit the nail on the head dude - It gives a person an idea as to what exactly they're looking at, even the best text-based description will get over looked in favour of a listing with a photo/s; Why do you think eBay pushes for photos so much? ;):cool:

Gouki
4th February 2013, 08:36 PM
I don't suppose anybody has an MP Grimlock, Sideswipe and Soundwave on hand to do a size comparison shot? If you can chuck a Classics Voyager Optimus in there that'd be great but not neccesary.:P

Mythirax
7th February 2013, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know what the biggest transformer combiner is? And the tallest transformer in general as well.

I'd love to get two specific heights for each as well, so for example, let's pretend Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime is the biggest transformer in general. His approx 12" up to his head and then an extra 6 odd inches higher making him 18" inches in total with his trailer wing things.

So what I'm saying is I'd love to find out for both, what is the biggest transformer with and without accessories. So I can find out what transformers are quite large just by head level.

Sorry if I explained this poorly :(

Trent
7th February 2013, 04:43 PM
Biggest combiner was Predaking I believe.

Biggest TF ever is Fortress Maximus.

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, at 28cm Predaking is the tallest gestalt. And not just in height, but in sheer bulk as well (especially if you get the die-cast version).

Fortress Maximus (and obviously all other repaints of that mould) is the biggest Transformer ever made. 55cm tall, 41cm wide and a whopping 77cm long in battleship mode! :eek: The toy also weighs 5kg!! :eek:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Wollongong%20Transfan%20Meet/th_gongmeet07.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/bravemaxddr.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Wollongong%20Transfan%20Meet/th_gongmeet10.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Yuki/th_yuki_maximus_20090703.jpg

Megatron
7th February 2013, 08:52 PM
Does anyone have DotM Speed Stars Stealth Force Starscream, or has anyone played with it/opened the cardboard? I need to know if the large red missiles are found inside the cardboard packaging, because when the toy is activated the launchers under the wings are empty. I just want to make sure that that is normal. (And please no comments about opening it up myself, as I would like it to remain Mint on Sealed Box :)). Thank you.

snaketales
7th February 2013, 11:08 PM
Why does United Artfire - a double targetmaster - have a fireblast ranking of only 5?

griffin
8th February 2013, 12:48 AM
Does anyone have DotM Speed Stars Stealth Force Starscream, or has anyone played with it/opened the cardboard? I need to know if the large red missiles are found inside the cardboard packaging, because when the toy is activated the launchers under the wings are empty. I just want to make sure that that is normal. (And please no comments about opening it up myself, as I would like it to remain Mint on Sealed Box :)). Thank you.

I remember that Inferno's was inside the packaging (that's a long story from a BotCon trip with Demonac), so Starscream's probably would be as well. (I have the toy, but it was several hundred toys ago, so can't recall where the missiles were.)

Megatron
8th February 2013, 09:18 AM
I remember that Inferno's was inside the packaging (that's a long story from a BotCon trip with Demonac), so Starscream's probably would be as well. (I have the toy, but it was several hundred toys ago, so can't recall where the missiles were.)

Ah.... I think you're right. None of the pics I can find of either Inferno or Starscream in their activated mode have a missile(s) on them whilst still on their packaging. Makes sense, too, because otherwise any loose missiles would be too easily lost or stolen when on the store shelves. ;) Thanks griffin! I just wanted to be sure.

griffin
8th February 2013, 12:50 PM
That's part of the long story, which is why I remember that specific little detail - we were in a Kmart in America, and an Inferno was on a trolley of discounted items... it looked fine, and I almost bought it, but then I saw that one side was open - I looked inside and only saw one missile where there was supposed to be two. (it was a cheap price, and a toy that wasn't easy to find, but after several minutes of walking around the store with Demonac, I decided against getting it because it would bug me that it was incomplete and I'd have to find another missile or new toy to get the missile)

Megatron
8th February 2013, 01:37 PM
That's part of the long story, which is why I remember that specific little detail - we were in a Kmart in America, and an Inferno was on a trolley of discounted items... it looked fine, and I almost bought it, but then I saw that one side was open - I looked inside and only saw one missile where there was supposed to be two. (it was a cheap price, and a toy that wasn't easy to find, but after several minutes of walking around the store with Demonac, I decided against getting it because it would bug me that it was incomplete and I'd have to find another missile or new toy to get the missile)

It would bug me, too, and is probably why it was discounted. I hope you eventually managed to find a complete Inferno. :)

griffin
8th February 2013, 02:45 PM
Yep, and all the rest of the series... I only just found the last one just a couple months ago in Singapore (a yellow redeco of the red motorcycle - not in the photo below yet though). Which was a welcome surprise, because it was even harder to find than most in this (unloved) series.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection/c19s5.jpg

Megatron
8th February 2013, 03:06 PM
Yep, and all the rest of the series... I only just found the last one just a couple months ago in Singapore (a yellow redeco of the red motorcycle - not in the photo below yet though). Which was a welcome surprise, because it was even harder to find than most in this (unloved) series.

Ooh awesome! I've still to get Megatron. It's sad that this series is as you put it unloved, because when I got Stealth Force Soundwave, I absolutely fell in love with the toy (although that's standard for me but regardless :p). I think the gimmick is really neat (and I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't require batteries?), they look good, plus I can test them out (without missiles) and still have them Mint on Sealed Box. I think more people should buy them. :D

tinyJazz
8th February 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm back with another really difficult question :p Actually, it's probably only difficult because I can't find anyone with the relevant items.

Are the sculpts in the SOTA Transformers chess set unique, or are they from one of the PVC lines? They kind of look like Heroes of Cybertron. :/
If you have the set I'd love to see a photo!

Thanks guys!

Why does United Artfire - a double targetmaster - have a fireblast ranking of only 5?

What, is he dual-wielding pea shooters? :D Anyway, isn't his aim supposed to be really good? Maybe a well-placed shot is worth more than a high-powered one.

Ooh awesome! I've still to get Megatron and Jazz. It's sad that this series is as you put it unloved, because when I got Stealth Force Soundwave, I absolutely fell in love with the toy (although that's standard for me but regardless :p). I think the gimmick is really neat (and I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't require batteries?), they look good, plus I can test them out (without missiles) and still have them Mint on Sealed Box. I think more people should buy them. :D

There isn't a Stealth Force Jazz. That silver car in the picture is Bluestreak/Silverstreak. There's a "Cyberslammers" Jazz from the first movie, which is sort of the same thing, only way better.
I'm kinda thankful that Jazz died in the first movie so that he didn't have to be recreated into the terrible gimmick lines from ROTF and DOTM. :p

Megatron
8th February 2013, 05:22 PM
There isn't a Stealth Force Jazz. That silver car in the picture is Bluestreak/Silverstreak. There's a "Cyberslammers" Jazz from the first movie, which is sort of the same thing, only way better.
I'm kinda thankful that Jazz died in the first movie so that he didn't have to be recreated into the terrible gimmick lines from ROTF and DOTM. :p

I know, I edited my post before you posted your reply. :rolleyes: I do know what Jazzes there are available... I collect them (and love them all). That was an error on my part that I fixed straight away.

I absolutely hated the first movie when I watched it. Main reason being is that they killed off Jazz (as well as changed his character too much).

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2013, 09:36 PM
His Nebulans don't swim upstream? :p

Omega Metro
8th February 2013, 09:44 PM
And why does United Artfire cost sooo much?:mad:

Omega Metro
8th February 2013, 10:08 PM
Oh, and another question!
I am looking at acquiring a Masterpiece Grimlock from somewhere at a good price. Are there any KOs known to exist for these or any thing else to be aware of? Also why does the Takara version come with an apron and cocktails? :)

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2013, 10:32 PM
Also why does the Takara version come with an apron and cocktails? :)
Because that's what he had in Season 3 of the G1 cartoon (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/42/Madman_Paradise_Grimlock_drinks.JPG)... as opposed to Grimlock of the G1 comics who was a King! (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/3a/Variablevoltageharness.jpg) (which is why the Limited Edition and Hasbro versions of Grimlock come with the crown instead; can you see why a lot of G1 fans prefer the comics over the cartoon? ;)).

DELTAprime
8th February 2013, 10:39 PM
I was wondering, I have a lot of empty TF boxes and card with bubble I want to keep, mostly Takara stuff. Whats the best way to store them and keep them safe? I'm currently just putting them in a cupboard and hoping for the best.

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2013, 10:45 PM
I would recommend...
+ Ensure that the storage area is pest free. Nothing worse than having pests nibble, defecate, spin webs etc. on your packaging
+ If you're concerned about humidity, consider using some form of desiccant or dehumidifier

But the big issue with keeping packaging is space. Here are some tips to help save space:
+ Throw away all card bubbles and just keep the backing cards. Bubbles just hold nothing. Be sure to use a knife (e.g. box cutter) to cut the bubbles off the cards rather than just ripping the bubble off and tearing the card.
+ Consider flattening some boxes. You'll need to discard the inside trays, which again, are pretty useless anyway. For me, I choose a select number of boxes to keep unflattened, and the rest get flattened.

SuspectimusPrime
8th February 2013, 11:06 PM
And why does United Artfire cost sooo much?:mad:

He wasn't exactly cheap even if you're living in Japan, and most resellers like TFSource and BBTS had the pay the additional cost of shipping from Japan to US (also not cheap, but very reliable). End result is more than double of what Million Publishing asked for.

Oh, and another question!
I am looking at acquiring a Masterpiece Grimlock from somewhere at a good price. Are there any KOs known to exist for these or any thing else to be aware of? Also why does the Takara version come with an apron and cocktails? :)

There doesn't seem to have been any KO's coming out on the market for MP Grimlock, that's probably why Grimlock commands such high prices - only prominent KO of MP's would be the iGear range.

KalEl
9th February 2013, 12:13 PM
I was wondering, I have a lot of empty TF boxes and card with bubble I want to keep, mostly Takara stuff. Whats the best way to store them and keep them safe? I'm currently just putting them in a cupboard and hoping for the best.

Go to kmart and buy a few $10 stackable storage containers 60litre

griffin
9th February 2013, 05:58 PM
When your collection of boxes and cards with bubbles start taking up too much room, start sorting them from good to ordinary, if you intend to have them on display.
(I try to have as many as I can on display, so that it doesn't waste the artwork or packaging colours/themes - it's like wallpaper that you can't stop looking at)
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/578.jpg

For the less interesting packaging, or if you want to keep good ones safe for when you do have space later (in a bigger room or house), it is possible to keep all the visual parts and the important contents.

The bubbles will need to come off the card backs, unless you intend to have the toys back in them when displaying them later.
A sharp hobby knife will slice those suckers right off.... making them very stackable, if you have a corner to lean them against if you have a lot.
(these are pretty much every card-back since Robots in Disguise (2002))
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/579.jpg

Those big plastic containers are good for the inner paperworks and card bits from inside the plastic bubbles...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/577.jpg

As for the boxes - remove any plastic from inside (keep the inner card though, as it gives colour through the window, if it has one - just make sure you write on the back of that inner card, what toy it is for, to make it easier matching them up later).
They can then be flattened along any existing creases, and stacked carefully...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/576.jpg

If you aren't careful, or you have a big stack (mine was started back with RiD, like the card backs), eventually... one night... it all comes crashing down...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/923.jpg

(That was only a few weeks ago, so I had to start a second stack)

Basically, if you later want to rebuild the boxes, you can. And if you wanted to resell an item later, you have all the important stuff (packaging and paperwork) in the most space-efficient way.
As for the card-backs - once you've removed a toy from the bubble, it pretty much removes any value in keeping the bubble... and if you carefully slice off the bubble, the card backs pinned to a wall like tiles, will look a lot nicer without the plastic obscuring the colour and artwork.

If you have packaging that has a lot of plastic (like Hasbro Masterpiece toys or a lot of TakaraTomy toys), try to keep them left intact as they don't really break down too well... or prioritise those for display - they are usually the better looking ones anyway.
If you aren't wanting to display them, prioritise those ones for storage intact, and breakdown as many that you can, to save as much space as you can.

Megatron
9th February 2013, 06:27 PM
Or, collect them MISB, and you don't have to worry about any of that. :D

(Sorry, couldn't help it. :o)

On a serious note, that's really good advice from Gok, KalEl and griffin. I only have a very few empty packaging/cardbacks and already they take up more room than they should.

DELTAprime
9th February 2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. I don't have anywhere near as many boxes and card with bubble as you guys have so right now. I have enough space for them at the moment, but going forward I'll have to start prioritising i guess. Maybe start with breaking down what Hasbro and cross-company boxes I have, they don't look as interesting to me as the Takara stuff with all it's cool Japanese writing on it.

Jetfire in the sky
10th February 2013, 08:04 AM
Or, collect them MISB, and you don't have to worry about any of that. :D

Definitely with Megs on that one :)

Trent
13th February 2013, 10:44 PM
So I tried the other night to download the new comics, MTMTE and RID. I want to read them on my computer but the only place I found to get them is Comixology, which only allows you to read read them on an iPhone, iPad or windows 8 device. Considering my puter is none of these things, how do I read them? Ideally I want to download them as a file onto my computer and read with something like comicrack.

So what does everyone else do??

Hursticon
13th February 2013, 11:29 PM
So I tried the other night to download the new comics, MTMTE and RID. I want to read them on my computer but the only place I found to get them is Comixology, which only allows you to read read them on an iPhone, iPad or windows 8 device. Considering my puter is none of these things, how do I read them? Ideally I want to download them as a file onto my computer and read with something like comicrack.

I've no idea how one would tackle this situation dude but looking at it in a software's sense, is there an emulator for any of the above devices that might be able to facilitate your needs? :o

Paulbot
14th February 2013, 07:27 AM

You can read the comics full screen on your computer via the Comixology website which has a similar interface to tools like Comicrack.

The Comixology app is also available for Android devices too, just not the dedicated TF comics app. You can buy all the TF comics through that master app.

Comixology is the only way you can legally get the TF comics digitally.

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2013, 10:36 AM
I go to my nearest comic book store. I still prefer reading comics in physical print over on a computer. :p ;)

Trent
14th February 2013, 11:16 AM
You can read the comics full screen on your computer via the Comixology website which has a similar interface to tools like Comicrack.

The Comixology app is also available for Android devices too, just not the dedicated TF comics app. You can buy all the TF comics through that master app.

Damn. I was hoping to buy them and save them as a file on my puter.

I go to my nearest comic book store. I still prefer reading comics in physical print over on a computer. :p ;)

Yes well, my nearest comic book shop is parramatta. Quite the trek for a comic every month. And if I buy comics that take up actual physical space, that's less room for actual physical transformers. Hence why I'd like to give the ecomics a go. ;)

UltraMarginal
14th February 2013, 12:05 PM

Damn. I was hoping to buy them and save them as a file on my puter.

I'm pretty sure what Paulbot is describing does save them to your computer, you just need the Comixology software to read it.
I get the digital only comics and read them on my Samsung phone, and collect trades of everything else.
The eVersions though I use the App to read, and have to wait for them to download only the one time when I purchase them. I was under the impression that Comixology was available for PC/Mac but I've never looked. In theory, I can download to my computer and read them from there using comixology software and only have to pay the one time from when I purchased for use on my phone.

Hope this helps

Paulbot
14th February 2013, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure what Paulbot is describing does save them to your computer, you just need the Comixology software to read it.
I get the digital only comics and read them on my Samsung phone, and collect trades of everything else.
The eVersions though I use the App to read, and have to wait for them to download only the one time when I purchase them. I was under the impression that Comixology was available for PC/Mac but I've never looked. In theory, I can download to my computer and read them from there using comixology software and only have to pay the one time from when I purchased for use on my phone.

Hope this helps

The web version of Comixology is like YouTube (that's probably the closest comparison I can think of). You go to their website, open your purchased comics and click and zoom through the pages within the web browser (using Java or something). No extra software downloads are required. There may be some underlying file being transferred (like YouTube) but it's probably just the separate image files being displayed one by one.

Once you've purchased anything with a Comixology account, you can view it on the website or any version of the app as long as you've logged in first. So if you own something on your phone, you wouldn't have to transfer the file, you'd just log in on the computer with your account and be able to view it on the website, not transfer files directly.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like reading a comic on their website. (You can zoom in and everything too)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0bfd7ebadbb09b53d4f53975741ce054/tumblr_mi6s3fJvk31qbguy1o1_500.jpg

Hence why I'd like to give the ecomics a go. ;)

The eComics are also much cheaper. Wait a month and every new release IDW comic is $2. I buy with iTunes credit that I get deals on, so I usually pay about $1.60 per issue or less. And then they have regular sales. I got most of the ongoing series digitally for $1 each issue.

Then I buy the IDW Collection volumes for the hard copy later.

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2013, 12:51 PM
Yes well, my nearest comic book shop is parramatta. Quite the trek for a comic every month.
You can get a standing order and they can hold the comic for you to pick up -- say once a quarter at the Parra Fair. I've had a standing order for Transfomers comics since 1990. #ooold

And if I buy comics that take up actual physical space, that's less room for actual physical transformers. Hence why I'd like to give the ecomics a go. ;)
Fair point. I have 2.5 shelves full of Transformers comics alone. :D But I personally like the look of having books and comics on shelves. :)

The eComics are also much cheaper. Wait a month and every new release IDW comic is $2. I buy with iTunes credit that I get deals on, so I usually pay about $1.60 per issue or less. And then they have regular sales. I got most of the ongoing series digitally for $1 each issue.

Then I buy the IDW Collection volumes for the hard copy later.
Hmm... didn't know that. Can't argue against saving money. :D

UltraMarginal
14th February 2013, 01:00 PM
Fair point. I have 2.5 shelves full of Transformers comics alone. :D But I personally like the look of having books and comics on shelves. :)
:D

Is that 2.5 metric shelves or 2.5 Imperial Shelves ?:D

griffin
14th February 2013, 02:45 PM
The digital comics format is a good thing for the short-term collector, as it gives you a cheaper, more convenient format for reading the comics once or twice and probably never going back to them... or ever considering them to be an asset to want to keep to resell later.
If you are wanting to have the comics for more than 10 or 20 years, buy the printed versions. If you don't see yourself doing much with them after you've read them once and don't value them as an investment (or have the storage space), buy the digital version.

For me, the thing I worry about with digital comics is their longevity.... as in, how long you will be able to access them.
As technology and the subsequent visual media is always being improved, I'd be worried that after a few generational upgrades of computers and media-viewing programs (which forces file-format changes), I'd end up losing access to all those comics I bought as a single-format collection. There are very few file formats or base programs from 20 years ago that are still being used much today.
This new comixology may be the current preferred standard for the comics industry, but what happens if a new company comes along, offering a better return to the comic companies with their new and improved (program) format. Those comic companies wouldn't hesitate to change, and then look at re-releasing all the back catalogue in the new format.
Yes, you'd still be able to view your old-format digital comics, until the operating system of your device or computer goes through a couple major upgrades (as they do every couple years), preventing you from using that viewing program.

For example - computer games I've bought since the early 90s, I can't play most of them on my current computer, because they are no longer compatible with the base operating systems (like Windows, etc). There are probably some sort of emulators out there, to play those older games (if I had a disc drive that could still play the format they are recorded on), but once those recording devices (and the software the games are built to operate on) were obsolete, the companies start releasing their products in the new/current formats and softwares. Often to compete with something new, rather than improve on their existing formats.
Or in more simpler terms - a person with a VHS collection will eventually have to throw away and replace that collection because of DVD/Bluray, because some time soon we won't be able to buy new tapes or players.
If in 5 or 10 years time there is a new and better comic viewing program or file format that the entire industry is then using "to keep up", does that mean having to re-buy the entire collection if you don't want to end up losing easy access to the new and old comics you've bought? It may be a long way off, but no matter how long it takes to eventually happen (and it will if it is a computer/digital/technological concept), at least the dusty old printed comics are there to easily pick up and flick through.

We might say that printed comics degrade over time, and that digital lasts forever, but accessing those digital files wont (or won't be easy to do over time).... and that's what's holding me back from considering having a digital comic collection.

Paulbot
14th February 2013, 03:10 PM
I generally agree, but a few notes. With Comixology you don't buy a particular version/format/file, you buy access to a particular comic book issue.

They upgraded many of the digitial comics to a HD format after one of the iPad releases, if you owned the comic next time you accessed it you got the HD format. You didn't have to rebuy it, you might have to re-download it though.

Presently, if Comixology upgrades their systems/format, you will still have access to the comics your purchased in their new systems/format. There is still the risk of Comixology going bankrupt etc. That's the biggest long term concern.

For a $1-$2 per issue I find it an acceptable price to pay for some comics to read once or a couple of times in the forseeable future, and generally to read sooner than waiting for the trade/collection.

But I still get the hardcovers (IDW Collection) and trades (Marvel) for the series I want to own long term. And I buy the single physical issues of Regeneration One (to go with my 80 Marvel comics) and MTMTE (because its absolutely fantastic!).

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2013, 08:17 PM
Is that 2.5 metric shelves or 2½ Imperial Shelves ?:D
^fix'd :)

It's 2.5 Rebel Shelves. No Imperial entanglements (http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/what-i-do-meme-stormtrooper.jpg). ;)

Jetfire in the sky
14th February 2013, 08:27 PM
Why is G1 Perceptor worth diddly MIB or loose, it doesn't matter, seems to be good for a paperweight thesedays when he was such a rad toy that worked as it should in diguise.

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2013, 04:14 PM
My guess would be the TFC reissue -- which is nigh-identical to the G1 toy.

Jetfire in the sky
15th February 2013, 08:46 PM
:mad::mad::mad: *steam coming out of ears*

..................well not really but you get it :p

Just means I got an MIB Perceptor super cheap :D:D

DarkHyren
16th February 2013, 08:23 PM
So about these "Asian exclusives" I've been hearing about.
I see some sellers on ebay have ones with Asian writing on the cards (front and back) and some without.
What's the difference, are some fakes or are some just using old pre-production stock photos or is there some regional difference where the cards/manuals are printed differently depending on location?

I'd like everything to be in English preferably to fit in with the rest of the packaging I have, but it's not a necessity if it doesn't exist, just my OCD acting up :P

SuspectimusPrime
17th February 2013, 01:18 AM
So about these "Asian exclusives" I've been hearing about.
I see some sellers on ebay have ones with Asian writing on the cards (front and back) and some without.
What's the difference, are some fakes or are some just using old pre-production stock photos or is there some regional difference where the cards/manuals are printed differently depending on location?

I'd like everything to be in English preferably to fit in with the rest of the packaging I have, but it's not a necessity if it doesn't exist, just my OCD acting up :P

Are you referring to the Generations GDO Deluxe figs? Springer, Wheelie, Cliffjumper and Swerve? The ones packaged in robot mode and without Chinese are ironically the "Asian Exclusives" released by Hasbro HK, whilst the ones packaged in alt mode and with Chinese are the same "Asian Exclusives" sold in TRU US. Both types of releases are exactly the same quality, but I acquired my GDO Deluxes (except for Wheelie) and Voyagers cheaper through the US.

DarkHyren
17th February 2013, 02:39 AM
Are you referring to the Generations GDO Deluxe figs?Yes that's them. lol that's pretty random about the English ones being the Asian distributed ones and the Chinese ones being the ones sold in the US.
Well since they are the same and I'm a bit of a MISP collector I think I'll go for the ones packed in bot mode, they look prettier :p
Cheers for that.

Is there a reason Wheelie seems to be more costly/scarce then the other three?

SuspectimusPrime
17th February 2013, 04:12 AM
Yes that's them. lol that's pretty random about the English ones being the Asian distributed ones and the Chinese ones being the ones sold in the US.
Well since they are the same and I'm a bit of a MISP collector I think I'll go for the ones packed in bot mode, they look prettier :p
Cheers for that.

Is there a reason Wheelie seems to be more costly/scarce then the other three?

Wheelie was actually shortpacked in that assortment, plus the RTS Jazz mould seemed to be the most popular out of all the choice of repaints. One box reaped 1 Wheelie, 2 of Springer and Swerve, and 3 Cliffjumpers. The ones in robot mode, i.e. Chinese exclusives, sold for a higher price initially before the US releases flooded the market (Wheelie was over $50 at one stage).

They do look pretty in package and not too practical in alt mode! Wheelie's weapon still attaches to the underside of the car but it sticks out a bit, and Springer's sword doesn't really have a nice place to hide away unless you want to move the missiles to the rear of the copter and have the sword under his wing.

This (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-ASIA-ASIAN-EXCLUSIVE-DELUXE-4-GDO-GENERATIONS-UNIVERSE-WHEELIE-ECT-/261160806227?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cce65a753&_uhb=1) seems to be the best price on eBay, but seeing how the lot is coming from the US, you may want to verify with the seller if these are the original Chinese market versions packaged in robot mode :)

Sinnertwin
17th February 2013, 12:03 PM
I must be missing the obvious boys and girls. How am I able to change my user name so that the 's' is 'S' ?

Megatron
17th February 2013, 12:14 PM
I must be missing the obvious boys and girls. How am I able to change my user name so that the 's' is 'S' ?

The only way to change your username is to ask an admin. :)

Sinnertwin
17th February 2013, 03:19 PM
The only way to change your username is to ask an admin. :)

Thanks Megatron :)

DarkHyren
17th February 2013, 09:34 PM
This (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-ASIA-ASIAN-EXCLUSIVE-DELUXE-4-GDO-GENERATIONS-UNIVERSE-WHEELIE-ECT-/261160806227?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cce65a753&_uhb=1) seems to be the best price on eBay, but seeing how the lot is coming from the US, you may want to verify with the seller if these are the original Chinese market versions packaged in robot mode :)Thanks again Suspectimus :) I seem to have accidentally won that exact same auction with my best offer before the seller got around to answering my question, I guess that's what I get for doing things in a hurry lol

Ae-Evolution
17th February 2013, 10:31 PM
I've seen Sydney members have been getting stuff from the Toy fair. Does Melbourne have any events like that?

Paulbot
17th February 2013, 10:35 PM
I've seen Sydney members have been getting stuff from the Toy fair. Does Melbourne have any events like that?

Yes. There's a few fairs around particularly the two held at Sandown Park and Malvern Town Hall. Here's the details and dates (http://www.eventsvic.com.au/page3.htm). The Sandown one is coming up and is bigger than the Parramatta fair, but doesn't have as much Transformers stuff. In fact all of the Melbourne fairs are a little light on in comparison which is why we don't tend to gather at them as much as we used to a few years ago. (You'll notice that quite a few of the Sydney members have purchased off each other too)

BigTransformerTrev
18th February 2013, 09:39 PM
So far we've had , Jackpot (Club) Circuit (Club)

Speaking of the Transformers Collectors Club (to digress from the theme of this thread momentarily), I've just rejoined after 5 years (was a member for a year then didn't bother to renew). I've yet to receive any confirmation emails or 'welcome' emails like I did 5 years ago, and the only club toy I can find is an Over-Run (Runabout) for $54!!! I had a look at the subscription service part and it has said it has closed. Is there somewhere I'm not looking, or am I not logged in properly, or has it just really gone downhill in my absence?

Oh, and is there a Collectors Club thread or area on this site somewhere? Had a look and couldn't find one so asking my silly questions here :)

griffin
19th February 2013, 02:34 AM
The Subscription cut-off was a few months ago, so the only place you'll be able to get them now is BBTS, or ebay when they are released.

DarkHyren
20th February 2013, 12:14 AM
I'm considering branching out into some of the third party stuff, this might be a newb-ish question but who are the main players in the market, who make the best quality figures?
I know Fansproject is one of them but who are ones to look at and are there any I should avoid?

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th February 2013, 12:39 AM
I'm considering branching out into some of the third party stuff, this might be a newb-ish question but who are the main players in the market, who make the best quality figures?
I know Fansproject is one of them but who are ones to look at and are there any I should avoid?

I'd be inclined to have a dig around the Unauthorised TFS section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=46) for best results as there is plenty of discusiion of various kits from Fans Project, Mastermind creations, etc etc.

theshape
21st February 2013, 10:35 AM
Hey anyone have any idea where to get small plastics boxes to put in a detolf cabinet to elevate toys at the back? thanks

gamblor916
21st February 2013, 10:55 AM
I use acrylic risers (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Set-Of-3-Clear-Stepwise-Risers-Bracelet-Jewellery-Retail-Display-Holder-/390481017856?pt=AU_Jewellery_Boxes_Supplies&hash=item5aea7b7c00) off ebay.

Omega Metro
21st February 2013, 12:02 PM
Hey anyone have any idea where to get small plastics boxes to put in a detolf cabinet to elevate toys at the back? thanks

I use those gift boxes with the lids. Got some from Target xchristmas sale for 50cents each. I have also covered tissue boxes with nice contact paper stuff.

Ae-Evolution
21st February 2013, 11:44 PM
Anybody ever used SAL Shipping from Japan? Is it reliable? I don't want to pay for EMS as it brings the cost of a figure to $45.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st February 2013, 11:49 PM
Anybody ever used SAL Shipping from Japan? Is it reliable? I don't want to pay for EMS as it brings the cost of a figure to $45.

I used to use SAL all the time. It's reliable in that you will eventually get your delivery.

usually it would take a month, but a couple of times I had a package take almost 2 months to get to me...

Stug
22nd February 2013, 12:31 AM

Not sure about the boxes. I went to Reverse Garbage (like a tip shop) up here and bought a heap of clear acrylic sheet off cuts. Hit 'em with a heat gun and bent the sheet into three sided rectangles... got about 2 dozen stands/risers of varying depths, widths and heights for a few bucks... when my wife hasn't stolen them and is using them upside down for holding her cookbooks!

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2013, 09:43 AM
Yes, it's reliable. As Tetsuwan Convoy said, don't expect your stuff in a hurry. :)

UltraMarginal
22nd February 2013, 11:31 AM

buy a box of ferrero Rochere, eat the chocolates and keep the box... :D
only problem with these is the rounded edges reduce your available flat real estate.

I've used it once, it was pretty fast, maybe a couple weeks.

theheretic
23rd February 2013, 12:13 PM
Is there a website that I can look up all the different toy released of a particular TF character? For example if I wanted to know all the different versions of sideswipe toys that had been released (including convention exclusives). And it'd be nice if there was pictures too but I don't want to be greedy.

Bidoofdude
23rd February 2013, 01:01 PM
I'd use the tfwiki to see all version based on a specific character in a specific continuity. You can just go to the disambiguation page for Sideswipe, go to each version and go to toys.:D
Otherwise, I'm not sure.;)

SkyWarp91
23rd February 2013, 01:24 PM
Is there a website that I can look up all the different toy released of a particular TF character? For example if I wanted to know all the different versions of sideswipe toys that had been released (including convention exclusives). And it'd be nice if there was pictures too but I don't want to be greedy.

tfu . info is pretty good as well, just type in their name and you should have like a whole list of results based on toys

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 02:38 PM
+1 -- TFU.info is good for that. Also Fred's Variations Quest.

theheretic
23rd February 2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks. TFU was a great help. I tried tfwiki first but it wasn't working for me.

Trent
23rd February 2013, 10:55 PM
What's the difference between Takara and Hasbro animated releases? Is it the same as with the CHUG lines in that the Takara ones have higher quality/better looking paint apps?

Or are they much of a muchness?

SkyWarp91
24th February 2013, 01:44 AM
What's the difference between Takara and Hasbro animated releases? Is it the same as with the CHUG lines in that the Takara ones have higher quality/better looking paint apps?

All depends on which line you're looking at.

CHUG there's the obvious paint app difference.

TF:PRime there's the build-it-yourself micron toys that come with the Takara releases.

ROTF had the famous Takara-release Leader Class Buster Optimus Prime who had sick silver paint apps and his awesome gun.

griffin
24th February 2013, 01:56 AM
Japanese versions often had some shiny parts to them, like the United toys.

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2013, 10:28 AM
In my experience TakTOM Animated Blitzwing also has better quality plastic than Hasbro's. Blackout was a TakTOM exclusive toy, as Hasbro's version got cancelled.

iamirondude
24th February 2013, 02:19 PM
does anyone know of any sites that have instruction for the armada series and beyond.i know of some sites but they all seem to end at beast wars.

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2013, 02:31 PM
http://tfwiki.net/~fortmax/instructions/ARM/arm_instructions.html

iamirondude
24th February 2013, 02:49 PM
thanks for that goki but is there 1 also with energon and cybertron instructions too?the tf i thought was in armada is actually in energon(jetfire).

Paulbot
24th February 2013, 02:56 PM
does anyone know of any sites that have instruction for the armada series and beyond.i know of some sites but they all seem to end at beast wars.

http://tfwiki.net/~fortmax/instructions/ARM/arm_instructions.html

That's good for Armada, but not for "and beyond".

Unicron.com (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_db.php?mode=instructions) is building up more recent series but still has some big gaps.

The Hasbro website also hosts a lot but it's a pain to search.

iamirondude
24th February 2013, 03:04 PM
thanks paulbot.i'll be bookmarking each site for the future.

griffin
24th February 2013, 06:58 PM
I've added a page in our resources section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15559), with a list of links to Transformers Toy Instructions, for future reference.

Bidoofdude
25th February 2013, 07:29 PM
Is it possible that Hasbro AU may be skipping the Grimlock/Blaster wave, because it's seeming very likely to me and I'm not very fond of that?:mad:
Hopefully we'll get them eventually...:confused:

griffin
26th February 2013, 01:10 AM
Is it possible that Hasbro AU may be skipping the Grimlock/Blaster wave, because it's seeming very likely to me and I'm not very fond of that?:mad:
Hopefully we'll get them eventually...:confused:

Send them an email and ask (custservau@hasbro.com). They didn't reply to my queries a month ago about it, but are replying to other people here. If you get a reply, post it up in the Toy Updates News topic in the AUS news section.

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th February 2013, 01:54 PM

In a very general sense, the TT animated figures look nicer as toys, but the Hasbro ones seem more show accurate.
EG, Hasb Jazz has a lightly matte looking white plastic, while TT has a nicer, cleaner white.

Some of them (like Blurr and Optimus) have got the shiny red paint like in the CHUG line.
If I hadn't seen the TV show, I'd want all the TT versions, as they do look nicer. But since I have, I stuck with the Hasbro as they looked much closer to the show. IMO

Comparison of Arcees (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/pair-of-pairs-animated-arcees.html)

Ratchet Comparison (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/cybertronian-ratchet-vs-ratchet-whaaaat.html)

Rodimus x three (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/many-faces-of-rodimie.html)

And a Bumblebee (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/animated-jetpack-bumblebee.html)

Hmm, that rhymes a little bit

Ae-Evolution
26th February 2013, 04:39 PM
Did Amazon put up their shipping price lately? I was going to buy a whole lot of items from the but the shipping cost around $70, but I did the math and it weights less than YOTS Omega and Prime and they cost way less to ship.

KalEl
26th February 2013, 10:38 PM

Japanese animated have metallic paint jobs usually, that usually about it.

Trent
26th February 2013, 10:40 PM
In a very general sense, the TT animated figures look nicer as toys, but the Hasbro ones seem more show accurate.
EG, Hasb Jazz has a lightly matte looking white plastic, while TT has a nicer, cleaner white.

Some of them (like Blurr and Optimus) have got the shiny red paint like in the CHUG line.
If I hadn't seen the TV show, I'd want all the TT versions, as they do look nicer. But since I have, I stuck with the Hasbro as they looked much closer to the show. IMO

Comparison of Arcees (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/pair-of-pairs-animated-arcees.html)

Ratchet Comparison (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/cybertronian-ratchet-vs-ratchet-whaaaat.html)

Rodimus x three (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/many-faces-of-rodimie.html)

And a Bumblebee (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2010/10/animated-jetpack-bumblebee.html)

Hmm, that rhymes a little bit
Cheers Dude. You blog is always a good read :)

Hursticon
26th February 2013, 11:38 PM
I've added a page in our resources section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15559), with a list of links to Transformers Toy Instructions, for future reference.

Ooh! - Awesome addition indeed Griffin! :cool:

There have actually been a couple of occasions where I've needed instruction for an older bot that I couldn't find in the usual places :o, 'Cobraislandtoys.com' (Who no longer exists) were an excellent resource that I know 1AZRAEL1 actually contributed a number of things to. :(

The new section should help alleviate trying to find additional sites that don't necessarily come up in conversation all too often. ;):cool:

After your acquisition today, I smell a new collection coming along! :D

Gouki
27th February 2013, 12:40 AM
HLJ ships to Australia, yeah? I didn't see any specific "where do we ship" section on the site.

DarkHyren
27th February 2013, 01:55 AM
HLJ ships to Australia, yeah? I didn't see any specific "where do we ship" section on the site.They do indeed. If you add something to your cart and click on it you will get shipping costs, it should automatically show the cost to Australia but if it doesn't just select it from the drop down menu.

Trent
27th February 2013, 07:21 AM
After your acquisition today, I smell a new collection coming along! :D

:o We'll see

Ae-Evolution
27th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Not exactly figure related, but FOC game, is it any good? And should I get it for Ps3 or 360? I did play WFC on 360.

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2013, 09:13 PM
360. PS3 version doesn't have a mute function for multiplayers, and there are a LOT of annoying talkers in the game! :mad:
So if you'd rather play a game _without_ hearing other players:
+ Talking about irrelevant crap
+ Swearing
+ Screaming
+ Laughing
+ Complaining
+ More swearing
+ Shouting at their mothers
+ Singing (very badly, but they think they're good)
+ Still more swearing
+ Playing random blasphemous non-TF music very loudly in the background
+ Heavy breathing
+ White noise
+ Still even more swearing
...avoid the PS3 version at all costs! :rolleyes:

theheretic
27th February 2013, 09:21 PM
If you get the PS3 version you'll be able to play games with me :-) If you want to mute players talking simply turn on a headset but don't wear it. I haven't come across too many talkers online though. Plus PS3 is better than xbox

I'm on almost every day after work too.

Quickstrike
27th February 2013, 09:59 PM
Unreal engine games usually end up being slightly better on the 360. I haven't played the PS3 version though so I dunno. I don't think there's any massive difference between the 2 versions.

DELTAprime
27th February 2013, 10:12 PM
I'm wondering what stands you guys use in your displays. I'd like to put MP Ravage in a leap like in the shot on the box, also I'd like to make some deluxe's take flight.

Also for the question about FOC. I always get games I want to play multiplayer on 360 because of the ability to mute everyone that's not a friend. Also I don't like the triggers on PS3 at all, glad they have fixed that on PS4. I'd get the 360 version.

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2013, 10:47 PM
I'm wondering what stands you guys use in your displays. I'd like to put MP Ravage in a leap like in the shot on the box, also I'd like to make some deluxe's take flight.
Most of my toys just stand in fairly 'neutral' stances. But for me, my display is more for "open/accessible toy storage" rather than for "static action pose" purposes. I started keeping my TFs on display out of toy boxes since 1985 -- started using a book case in 1988, purely because I was playing with my TFs more than any other toy I didn't want to have to rummage through Legos, MotU, Star Wars etc etc. to find specific Transformers to play with. By having my TFs on display, if I want to play with an exact TF, I know just where to find it. So if I want to play with a toy I'll take it from its shelf, play with it, then put it back. Also to me there's a certain cool aesthetic about having them just all stand there like a Terracotta^plastic army. ;)

But from a practical POV, neutral stances also take up less space than dynamic action poses. If you got the space for it and that's the sort of thing you like, then go for it. But for me, space is a limited commodity. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th February 2013, 03:51 AM
Aw shucks, Thanks man, and yer welcome!

Not exactly figure related, but FOC game, is it any good? And should I get it for Ps3 or 360? I did play WFC on 360.

Usually the Xbox has slightly better textures (?) Or so I hear. I'd go for Ps3, but thats coz I dont have an xbox :p

And yes it is rather good. The first game in ages where I stopped after bits and said "OH $41T YEAH! THAT WAS COOL!"

Which being a jaded old gamer is quite an endorsement.:cool:

Trent
28th February 2013, 12:46 PM

Also for the question about FOC. I always get games I want to play multiplayer on 360 because of the ability to mute everyone that's not a friend. Also I don't like the triggers on PS3 at all, glad they have fixed that on PS4. I'd get the 360 version.

Ou can mute other players on PS3, just for some reason you can't do it on FOC:confused:

Nearly every other game I have played allows you to mute those with which you would rather not converse.

Actually, I just realised that it's a feature built into the game, not the console itself. So it would appear that Xbox finally got 1 up on PS3:p

BigTransformerTrev
28th February 2013, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know how tracking numbers for post work after they leave the USA? I've been waiting for my G1 Krok for months. The tracking number keeps coming up with the same message about it being dispatched to a sorting office in the US. Contacted the seller multiple times and he says since it has a tracking number, its not his fault if the tacking number does not work outside his country and not his problem if I don't recieve it. Help please!

DELTAprime
28th February 2013, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know how tracking numbers for post work after they leave the USA? I've been waiting for my G1 Krok for months. The tracking number keeps coming up with the same message about it being dispatched to a sorting office in the US. Contacted the seller multiple times and he says since it has a tracking number, its not his fault if the tacking number does not work outside his country and not his problem if I don't recieve it. Help please!

Try putting the tracking number into the Australia Post site. Some tracking numbers show up in there system online, others you have to call the 13POST number and ask a person. It depends on which level of postage you buy.

I had an item stop reporting new events for months before it finally showed up at the door one day. And that was using the fastest shipping from Amazon.com

Tober
28th February 2013, 03:10 PM

What DELTAprime said, try tracking through AustPost.

If it's still within 45 days of being bought you could start a PayPal dispute. Assuming you used PayPal and the seller is verified.

BigTransformerTrev
28th February 2013, 08:56 PM
Try putting the tracking number into the Australia Post site. Some tracking numbers show up in there system online, others you have to call the 13POST number and ask a person. It depends on which level of postage you buy.

I had an item stop reporting new events for months before it finally showed up at the door one day. And that was using the fastest shipping from Amazon.com

Just tried the Australia Post site. It came up: Product Not Trackable. May have to try ringing them tomorrow.

What DELTAprime said, try tracking through AustPost.

If it's still within 45 days of being bought you could start a PayPal dispute. Assuming you used PayPal and the seller is verified.

Have got it marked on the calendar - I can complain to ebay by the 3rd of March and PayPal by the 5th. A shame since I don't think the seller is trying to screw me, but I can't afford to shell out $25 a pop for toys that never show up so I'll have to do something. Cheers for the advice guys!

lancalot
1st March 2013, 12:42 AM
Have got it marked on the calendar - I can complain to ebay by the 3rd of March and PayPal by the 5th. A shame since I don't think the seller is trying to screw me, but I can't afford to shell out $25 a pop for toys that never show up so I'll have to do something. Cheers for the advice guys!

Yeah you have to protect yourself , i had this one time when they only send me an empty envelope with a tracking number when i asked for one ! :mad: Dirty ! At least you have a record of what been said between party when you put a dispute And always cancel it when it does arrive but when it doesn't then at least your protected :cool:

AJ_Prime
2nd March 2013, 09:49 AM
According to this (http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Do-Sellers-Have-To-Refund-If-An-Item-is-Lost-or-Stolen?ugid=10000000015247185), the seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer. That means if it gets lost in transit they must reimburse you and pursue their carrier for the loss.

I had an item take about 3 months to get to me, and the buyer had offered to reimburse only half the price. That's when I checked out the seller's obligations when it came to ebay sales. It did finally arrive, thankfully, however the time to leave positive feedback (for the seller's patience) had expired after 2 months on ebay.

Anyway as others have said, if you have no joy with the seller you can lodge a dispute through either ebay and/or paypal to recover the money. If a seller is shirking their obligations as per ebay policy/rules then you can report them.

Best of luck! I hope things work out for you.

BigTransformerTrev
3rd March 2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah you have to protect yourself , i had this one time when they only send me an empty envelope with a tracking number when i asked for one ! :mad: Dirty ! At least you have a record of what been said between party when you put a dispute And always cancel it when it does arrive but when it doesn't then at least your protected :cool:

Wow - that is such a dirty, underhanded move! I got angry on your behalf just reading that!

According to this (http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Do-Sellers-Have-To-Refund-If-An-Item-is-Lost-or-Stolen?ugid=10000000015247185), the seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer. That means if it gets lost in transit they must reimburse you and pursue their carrier for the loss.

Thanks for that link, I wasn't aware of that before but it is good to know and will help me with the upcoming dispute.

The deadline for me to make a complaint via Paypal and Ebay is the 5th so if Krok hasn't arrived in the mail by tomorrow I'll be putting in my complaint via both those mediums. But fingers crossed he shows up and it ends amicably.

Bidoofdude
4th March 2013, 09:17 PM
Is G1 Soundwave lighter than the various reissues,(Encore, Classics, etc.)or is it just the flash on peoples' cameras? :confused:
I also noticed some photos of MP Soundwave have lighter colours than others.
Probably flash or lighting, or just me...;)

GoktimusPrime
4th March 2013, 09:44 PM
It could be lighting/photography -- which is why it's always good to have direct side by side comparison pics, as the toys are photographed under the same conditions and so it's a better comparison. :) The only version of the original G1 Soundwave that I've photographed with MP Soundwave is my Encore Soundwave. My original G1 Soundwave is loose in box, and ceebs to take it out for a comparison pic (it's just easier to use my loose-open Encore Soundwave :p).

But here's some comparison pics between original G1, Encore and Hasbro reissue Soundwaves taken during daytime:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/soundwaves-1.jpg
Encore Soundwave is a slightly lighter shade of blue. All of the reissues use the more rounded Soundblaster heads with pointier faces, whereas the original has a flatter and broader face and wider visor.

Here are some comparison pics between original G1, Hasbro reissue and Soundblaster. It was taken at night, so the lighting isn't very good.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/soundwave_soundblaster.jpg

Kazza
5th March 2013, 07:46 PM
Can someone advise me if this is a custom or what toyline/toy this is?

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1361552872_3.jpg

iamirondude
5th March 2013, 07:59 PM
i think that's a japanese prime exculsive.new paint job and i can't remember what the name is.i've seen it at TFW2005

DarkHyren
5th March 2013, 08:03 PM
Kazza- I do believe that is the Japanese Prime series AM-19 Nightmare Unicron combined with the AM-25 Nemesis Prime figure.
I randomly saw it on BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11642&mode=retail) the other day, it gets released this month apparently.

Kazza
5th March 2013, 08:06 PM
Kazza- I do believe that is the Japanese Prime series AM-19 Nightmare Unicron combined with the AM-25 Nemesis Prime figure.
I randomly saw it on BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11642&mode=retail) the other day, it gets released this month apparently.

Thanks man, just figured it looked awesome and wanted to know what toyline it was so i can buy it.

griffin
5th March 2013, 09:38 PM
Nightmare Unicron (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15550) is a store exclusive in Japan, so is going to be difficult and expensive for non-JP fans to get. :(

Bidoofdude
6th March 2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info Gok. Thought something was wrong with my vision... ;)(or my Soundwave...:p)

Ae-Evolution
7th March 2013, 01:13 AM
Where would be the cheapest place to buy the YOTS combo? I don't really want to wait for Amazon, but the total price is the right price for me. RK, BBTS is just under $300 for both but that's realllly stretching it for me.

Mythirax
7th March 2013, 07:39 PM
Where would be the cheapest place to buy the YOTS combo? I don't really want to wait for Amazon, but the total price is the right price for me. RK, BBTS is just under $300 for both but that's realllly stretching it for me.

Same here, I was about to buy it the other month but ended up stopping myself. In hopes of finding it much cheaper :D

Tober
8th March 2013, 11:25 PM
So what's this gossip I keep hearing about Lamborghini and Takara? Something about Lambo being unhappy and wanting to pull their license from Takara...? :confused:

Trent
8th March 2013, 11:53 PM
So what's this gossip I keep hearing about Lamborghini and Takara? Something about Lambo being unhappy and wanting to pull their license from Takara...? :confused:

That is indeed the rumor. TFW member TCracker, who has proved a very reliable source on the Takara masterpiece line stated somewhere in the masterpiece speculation thread (cant find the page, but i did read it. Thats what made me finally pull the trigger on RA. And at that time BBTS only had 8 left so i was lucky.) that if you didn't already have SS or RA, get them now. There will be no reruns due to Lamborghini either pulling or not allowing Takara to renew the license due to some issue Lamborghini has with the toy. That's all he knew though. Although he did believe that because of this there will be no MP-12T Tigertrack, or any other variant. But apparently Sunstreaker is a separate license application so he may not be affected.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Golden Phoenix
9th March 2013, 12:00 AM
That is indeed the rumor. TFW member TCracker, who has proved a very reliable source on the Takara masterpiece line stated somewhere in the masterpiece speculation thread (cant find the page, but i did read it. Thats what made me finally pull the trigger on RA. And at that time BBTS only had 8 left so i was lucky.) that if you didn't already have SS or RA, get them now. There will be no reruns due to Lamborghini either pulling or not allowing Takara to renew the license due to some issue Lamborghini has with the toy. That's all he knew though. Although he did believe that because of this there will be no MP-12T Tigertrack, or any other variant. But apparently Sunstreaker is a separate license application so he may not be affected.

How could you not be happy with a toy like that?

Hursticon
9th March 2013, 12:13 AM

I heard the very same relayed via twitter, hence I promptly hit up eBay for SS & now have him currently in transit; At the time I couldn't afford it when he was 1st issued but this news sort of made me find the money. :o
I feel that it's likely due to the paint issues which I see as more of a factory problem than a Takara problem, i.e. the people on the factory floor painting the figures weren't used to the quality of paint or construction of the figure. ;)

That said, I wonder if we'll ever see an MP Jazz or Bumblebee? - Seeing as though Volkswagen own Porsche and the former is a "Don't even ask" state of affairs. :o
(I'm personally really looking forward to seeing an MP Hound & Mirage though :D)

5FDP
9th March 2013, 12:13 AM
How could you not be happy with a toy like that?

Many people I have heard have complained about the paint application on these and from what I recall, Lamborghini coordinated this part of the production process. Maybe they heard this feedback and are now trying to distance themselves from it. Either way, not good news for a potential Hasbro release.

ITZTRU
9th March 2013, 12:16 AM
So I'm watching Animated on youtube. Never seen the episodes before, so i'm trying to get into them now. In the first season, I found it pretty slow with the introduction of the human villains. I got so frustrated with the introduction of yet another human villain when the episode "Headmaster" came up that I ended up skipping the episode completely.

Will I miss anything important if I skip episodes like that?

I'm up to season 2 episode 2 - and wouldn't you know it? "The return of the Headmaster."

@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I skip these episodes? Is it important to the story line??

Hursticon
9th March 2013, 12:29 AM
So I'm watching Animated on youtube. Never seen the episodes before, so i'm trying to get into them now. In the first season, I found it pretty slow with the introduction of the human villains. I got so frustrated with the introduction of yet another human villain when the episode "Headmaster" came up that I ended up skipping the episode completely.

Will I miss anything important if I skip episodes like that?

I'm up to season 2 episode 2 - and wouldn't you know it? "The return of the Headmaster."

@#$%!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I skip these episodes? Is it important to the story line??

The 'Headmaster' story lines are pretty integral & important facets of the overall TF: Animated story, YES - So yeah I'd recommend going back & watching them. ;):o

ITZTRU
9th March 2013, 12:30 AM
*Sigh*
ok
if i have to...

thanks hursti

Hursticon
9th March 2013, 12:43 AM
*Sigh*
ok
if i have to...

thanks hursti

No probs man :); honestly it's worth giving the series an entire thorough watching at least once, as it really picks up once you get past Season 1. ;):cool:
(Trust me, I utterly detested the show until I gave it a go & now I love it :D)

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2013, 01:45 AM
ITZTRU: There's only one more episode with Henry Masterson in it. Thank Primus. I totally agree that the human villains in Animated are just painful to watch... Season 2 is better... but it's like haphazardly hit and miss -- some episodes are great, others make you wanna cry. :) :( Season 3 is good (sadly it's the only season never released on DVD :mad:).

You might wanna consider skipping episode #24 (SUV: Society of Ultimate Villainy) - the only canonically important event in that episode is that (spoiler): Swindle falls prey to one of his own weapons and becomes locked in vehicle mode (end spoiler)

Tober
9th March 2013, 08:27 AM

Darn!

Thanks tho. :)

Trent
9th March 2013, 08:49 AM
I heard the very same relayed via twitter, hence I promptly hit up eBay for SS & now have him currently in transit; At the time I couldn't afford it when he was 1st issued but this news sort of made me find the money. :o
I feel that it's likely due to the paint issues which I see as more of a factory problem than a Takara problem, i.e. the people on the factory floor painting the figures weren't used to the quality of paint or construction of the figure. ;)
While its possible thats the case, I personally doubt it. How would Lamborghini know there are numerous paint issues? It's not like they hang out over at TFW or Siebertron so where would they find out it was a widespread issue? Maybe Lambo aren't happy with one of the repaints (like Tigertrack) that Takara had planned?

Dunno. And I doubt we ever will find out officially.

That said, I wonder if we'll ever see an MP Jazz or Bumblebee? - Seeing as though Volkswagen own Porsche and the former is a "Don't even ask" state of affairs. :o[/SIZE]

But VW own Lamborghini as well through Audi. And VW allowed the official use of an Audi in ROTF. As a decepticon no less. So I don't see the validity of that arguement.

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2013, 04:59 PM
But VW own Lamborghini as well through Audi. And VW allowed the official use of an Audi in ROTF. As a decepticon no less. So I don't see the validity of that arguement.
Only in the movie, but not for the toyline though. :( All the ROTF Sideways toys are just approximations of an Audi R8, but not actually modelled on the Audi R8 itself. So it looks similar enough for people to know that it's meant to be an R8, but dissimilar enough so that Audi won't sue Hasbro. Likewise Ferrari allowed Paramount to use the Ferrari 458 Italia for DotM Dino, but not for the toy -- so Speed Star Mirage is only an approximation of the 458 Italia.

Bidoofdude
9th March 2013, 05:14 PM
Movies are different, aren't they? :D:cool:
Toys are a bit more... iffy...:):p;)

Hursticon
9th March 2013, 08:20 PM

Only in the movie, but not for the toyline though. :( All the ROTF Sideways toys are just approximations of an Audi R8, but not actually modelled on the Audi R8 itself. So it looks similar enough for people to know that it's meant to be an R8, but dissimilar enough so that Audi won't sue Hasbro. Likewise Ferrari allowed Paramount to use the Ferrari 458 Italia for DotM Dino, but not for the toy -- so Speed Star Mirage is only an approximation of the 458 Italia.

Honestly, Goki has probably said it best; bare in mind too that apart from Alternators/Binaltech & Alternity, almost all automotive-based Alt modes are merely approximations of actual vehicles when it comes to mainline toy lines & never direct representations.

Note that we've never had a Beetle or 'New' Beetle representation of Bumblebee or a modern Porsche 911 equivalent for Jazz. :o

BigTransformerTrev
9th March 2013, 10:13 PM
I just got a Worlds Smallest Transformer - Thrust. He came packaged and labelled as WST: GTF-11 Thrust. Can anyone tell me what the GTF-11 stands for?

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th March 2013, 06:32 PM
...I'm up to season 2 episode 2 - and wouldn't you know it? "The return of the Headmaster."

If it's any consolation, I found that episode incredibly funny., mainly due to the emphasis on Sentinel Prime...

Magnus
10th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Honestly, Goki has probably said it best; bare in mind too that apart from Alternators/Binaltech & Alternity, almost all automotive-based Alt modes are merely approximations of actual vehicles when it comes to mainline toy lines & never direct representations.

Note that we've never had a Beetle or 'New' Beetle representation of Bumblebee or a modern Porsche 911 equivalent for Jazz. :o

Not only that, but I would imagine that TakaraTomy would also have to obtain a licence from Martini Racing so they can use the Martini Racing logo and three-tone stripes on Jazz.

Starscream77
11th March 2013, 02:56 PM
Has there been a release of Headmasters/Victory on dvd with a decent english dub on it?
I picked one up and it has the worst dub in history

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2013, 03:29 PM
Nope. Those horrid StarTV dubs are the only ones that have been done. Better off watching it with subtitles. :) I've heard rumours that the original plan for G2 was to have the Japanese G1 series dubbed with the original surviving* Sunbow voice actors, but with a new CGI theme sequence and intermittent graphics (Cybernet Space Cube). But then someone decided to redo some of the US episodes in that format first, and the show was canned before they could ever even touch any of the Japanese episodes to dub. :(

---------------------------------------------
*Although G2 came out in 1993, there were already some G1 voice actors that'd passed away, such as Scatman Crothers (that's why Jazz never has any spoken lines after Transformers the Movie -- we see him in Season 3, but he never speaks) and Chris Latta (passed away in 1991 iirc - so he was able to voice Starscream and other post-movie characters like Spasma, but he wouldn't have been around to do anything for G2).

...maybe they should pay Dr.Smoov a load of money to redub the entire Japanese series. He could do virtually 98% of the cast (just need someone else to dub Daniel, Arcee, Carly, Clipper, Minerva, Mega, Illumina and Clipper). :D

Trent
12th March 2013, 07:11 AM
In regards to the recent speculation about the MP SS and RA licencing issues, I emailed Lamborghini the other day and received this reply last night:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

We’ve received your request, thank you very much for contacting us and reporting us this case.

We kindly inform you that the rumors you referred to are false.

Don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.

With best regards,

EXXXX

Automobili Lamborghini SpA
After Sales - Customer Care
Via Modena 12
I-40019 Sant’Agata Bolognese (BO)
Ph. +39 051 XXXXXXX
Fax +39 051 XXXXXXX
customercare@lamborghini.com
www.lamborghini.com

So there you go.

gamblor916
12th March 2013, 07:22 AM
In regards to the recent speculation about the MP SS and RA licencing issues, I emailed Lamborghini the other day and received this reply last night:

So there you go.

Nice. Love it when fanboy rumours are quashed.

Hursticon
12th March 2013, 07:22 AM

*snip*

So there you go.

Excellent job on the footwork Trent :cool:, it'll no doubt come as a relief to quite a number of people I'm sure. ;):)

Paul Agnew
12th March 2013, 09:18 AM
Chris Latta passed away in 1991 iirc

It was 1994. This I know on account of him still voicing Cobra Commander in the live-action G.I. Joe commercials up to (and including) 1993.

GoktimusPrime
12th March 2013, 12:20 PM
It was 1994. This I know on account of him still voicing Cobra Commander in the live-action G.I. Joe commercials up to (and including) 1993.
I sit corrected. :)

Ae-Evolution
12th March 2013, 10:09 PM
Two questions; does anyone have a comparison picture for Mp-4 and Mp Alert/Sideswipe? I want to know would it work at all as a replacement Mp-10.
Second question, do the new Mp's have the same hand size? I want to pick up an Mp-10 blaster for Alert and want to know does it fit.

Hursticon
13th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Two questions; does anyone have a comparison picture for Mp-4 and Mp Alert/Sideswipe? I want to know would it work at all as a replacement Mp-10.
Second question, do the new Mp's have the same hand size? I want to pick up an Mp-10 blaster for Alert and want to know does it fit.

Here you go mate; it's a little bit of a quick & nasty pic &is also at a slight angle :p, but you should be able to get a good idea from it ;):

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/DSCI0095_zpsa18a60d2.jpg

Omega Metro
13th March 2013, 10:34 PM
Has the word 'Energon' ever been mentioned in any of the 3 live action movies? I don't recall it.

Hursticon
13th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Has the word 'Energon' ever been mentioned in any of the 3 live action movies? I don't recall it.

TBH I don't remember it being mentioned... At least not in any meaningful way, it might've been said in a glancing 'throwaway' statement but yeah! - Nothing springs to memory at all. :o:p

Sinnertwin
13th March 2013, 10:53 PM
TBH I don't remember it being mentioned... At least not in any meaningful way, it might've been said in a glancing 'throwaway' statement but yeah! - Nothing springs to memory at all. :o:p

Wasn't there a reference in ROTF about energon being the lifeblood of all transformers? I may be mistaken of course, but it does sound vaguely familiar

Magnus
13th March 2013, 11:30 PM
Wasn't there a reference in ROTF about energon being the lifeblood of all transformers? I may be mistaken of course, but it does sound vaguely familiar

Yes, off the top of my head, there were a few references in RotF. The Solar Harvester used the energy from exploded stars to make energon.

Also, in the novelisation for the first movie, the AllSpark was referred to as the Energon Cube.

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2013, 11:54 PM
In Dark of the Moon, the humans had installed Energon Detectors (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Energon_detector) that helped N.E.S.T. to track/hunt Cybertronians.

Mythirax
14th March 2013, 12:59 AM
Quotes: sort of

Revenge of the fallen:

The shard make Energon!
Without more Energon,
of Energon,
to the Energon source.
Energon hidden on this planet.
Like a map to an Energon source!
was another Energon source here.
Whatever the Energon source is,
to harvest Energon,
It harvests Energon by destroying suns.

Dark of the Moon:

Energon detectors guard its cities now.
Energon readings, sir. It's strong.
We got an Energon reading!
These things run on Energon,
We have an Energon alert.
Energon readings detected
Energon detectors have been triggered

Hursticon
14th March 2013, 01:02 AM
Quotes:

Revenge of the fallen:

The shard make Energon!
Without more Energon,
of Energon,
to the Energon source.
to harvest Energon,

Dark of the Moon:

LOL, well you know what this tells me? - That the dialogue is not the most memorable part of these movies! :p:D
(I must admit, I completely drew a blank to all of these :D:cool:)

Mythirax
14th March 2013, 01:04 AM
LOL, well you know what this tells me? - That the dialogue is not the most memorable part of these movies! :p:D

It's not full dialogue. It's just ripped parts of sentences :D:D:D

Hursticon
14th March 2013, 03:44 AM
It's not full dialogue. It's just ripped parts of sentences :D:D:D

Yeah and yet I still couldn't remember any of it! :p:D

Omega Metro
14th March 2013, 10:30 AM
Hmmm, may have to watch all 3 again to count how many times 'Energon' is spoken. :D

GoktimusPrime
14th March 2013, 10:55 AM
Hmmm, may have to watch all 3 again to count how many times 'Energon' is spoken. :D
Drinking game! :D

Mythirax
14th March 2013, 03:00 PM

That was every energon word in my post prior :P

SuspectimusPrime
14th March 2013, 03:31 PM

My only favourite line from the movies was at the end of ROTF, right after The Fallen gets killed seen by Megatron and Starscream, Starscream says:
"Not to call you a coward, master, but sometimes, cowards do survive..." :)

GoktimusPrime
14th March 2013, 03:49 PM
"He went to find you a tighter shirt."
"There isn't a tighter shirt. We checked."
(Revenge of the Fallen)

Hursticon
14th March 2013, 05:34 PM
My only favourite line from the movies was at the end of ROTF, right after The Fallen gets killed seen by Megatron and Starscream, Starscream says:
"Not to call you a coward, master, but sometimes, cowards do survive..." :)

For me it's the 1st film with Ratchet's observation:
"Hmm... The boy's pheromone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female". :p:D

Mythirax
14th March 2013, 05:46 PM
For me it's the 1st film with Ratchet's observation:
"Hmm... The boy's pheromone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female". :p:D

I found a lot of the humor not needed in the movies. Like when bee urinates, or the dogs are in the letterbox. Was just weird :\

Hursticon
14th March 2013, 05:49 PM
I found a lot of the humor not needed in the movies. Like when bee urinates, or the dogs are in the letterbox. Was just weird :\

On those 2 instances I completely agree with you ;); With the line I mentioned though, I take it more as an Alien making an observation of another being - It just so happens that many Humans would see a certain level of innuendo with such a statement. :D

Trent
14th March 2013, 07:09 PM
On those 2 instances I completely agree with you ;); With the line I mentioned though, I take it more as an Alien making an observation of another being - It just so happens that many Humans would see a certain level of innuendo with such a statement. :D

Indeed. I'm sure that nearly everyone on this board had at least one instance of total embarrassment when one of their "friends" announced to some girl/boyl while pointing at them: "My friend likes you!!!" At the top of their voice.

Happened to me quite a bit. :o

Omega Metro
14th March 2013, 09:49 PM
Quotes: sort of

Revenge of the fallen:

The shard make Energon!
Without more Energon,
of Energon,
to the Energon source.
to harvest Energon,

Dark of the Moon:

Actually, after reading these, some of them do sound familiar.

Sinnertwin
16th March 2013, 08:56 AM
Indeed. I'm sure that nearly everyone on this board had at least one instance of total embarrassment when one of their "friends" announced to some girl/boyl while pointing at them: "My friend likes you!!!" At the top of their voice.

Happened to me quite a bit. :o

So true :) Never got to be a pointer, always the pointee

Mythirax
16th March 2013, 04:05 PM
Actually, after reading these, some of them do sound familiar.

Now they shall be stuck in your head forever. Muahaha!

Trent
18th March 2013, 01:29 PM
Alternity Bumblebee as a MP stand in??? He's roughly the same size scale as Sideswipe, but is he too blocky in bot mode??

gamblor916
18th March 2013, 01:52 PM
Alternity Bumblebee as a MP stand in??? He's roughly the same size scale as Sideswipe, but is he too blocky in bot mode??

They're pretty good little figures. The big chest looks a bit strange in pics but they look better in person.

lj7369
18th March 2013, 02:24 PM

I was thinking art feather bee. Looks the g1 bit.

lancalot
18th March 2013, 07:59 PM
I was thinking art feather bee. Looks the g1 bit.

Yeah that why i just got them .the alternity cars scale well with mp12... the art feather bb really good...but alittle loose and very fragile .... but looks great next to the other MP :D And with the up coming releases of prowl , blue streak and smoke screen would fit in well as Gen1 ...now where JAZZ:confused:!!!!

Trent
18th March 2013, 08:46 PM
I would prefer to go official rather than 3rd party. And besides while Art Feather does look good, a lot of reviews put the quality at a low standard. Which is even worse when you consider the price.

Besides, we have t had a VW Bumblebee since G1 and I can't really see one happening anytime soon.

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2013, 09:24 PM
Did Shadow Strike Bumblebee (http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/covers/c59/c597544e-7031-4d8b-8a53-2c2a406b861a.jpg) come out in Australia? I vaguely remember seeing it... might in all honesty, there's just SO many Bumblebees out there, it's hard to keep track! I tried looking in 5 different stores today for him... couldn't find him! :(

Trent
18th March 2013, 09:29 PM
Did Shadow Strike Bumblebee (http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/covers/c59/c597544e-7031-4d8b-8a53-2c2a406b861a.jpg) come out in Australia? I vaguely remember seeing it... might in all honesty, there's just SO many Bumblebees out there, it's hard to keep track! I tried looking in 5 different stores today for him... couldn't find him! :(

I'm pretty sure I've seen it around.

Sinnertwin
18th March 2013, 09:38 PM

Released in the same case/wave as Dead End and Airachnid. We only got 2 boxes at Kmart, around January. Haven't seen any since.
Anyways, if you want one, I can throw it in my PoL. $16. PM if you're interested.

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2013, 11:04 PM
PMed. Thanks! :)

griffin
19th March 2013, 01:33 AM

The Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13011) and the First Sightings (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=329718#post329718) topics are your friend with these sorts of questions. (if the checklist doesn't get updated for a few weeks, the First Sightings topic is a reliable resource to use)

Target was your best chance for it, but being released before Christmas, you'd be very lucky if you found one now.

If you are going for show-accuracy, there is also the Legion Class figure that is a little easier to find at this time (mostly at Kmart), as it is black (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpc20.jpg), not grey (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpr18.jpg)... like in the cartoon. But then, Legion size may be too small for some, if you collect a certain size scale.

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks griff. :)

I got the Legion class figure yesterday for half price at Target (cos of their current deal). I've still kept it sealed, so I might end up returning it if I can get the Deluxe version.

DELTAprime
20th March 2013, 03:34 PM
Seeing the TRU price for MP Soundwave and the cassettes has me wondering, how does Hasbro undercut Takara's prices on the MP line? I know on the normal lines like Generations Takara uses higher quality paint jobs to justify the price, but what is different about Hasbro's MP line that makes it cheap?

SuspectimusPrime
20th March 2013, 06:22 PM
Seeing the TRU price for MP Soundwave and the cassettes has me wondering, how does Hasbro undercut Takara's prices on the MP line? I know on the normal lines like Generations Takara uses higher quality paint jobs to justify the price, but what is different about Hasbro's MP line that makes it cheap?

Aside from material costs, Hasbro also produces at much greater quantities than Takara (due to the populations Hasbro cater towards), so is able to achieve economies of scale.

Trent
20th March 2013, 07:23 PM

Takara have to charge more to cover the cost of developing the mold. Hasbro then just jump in and go "Hey, can we borrow this for a bit? We'll bring it right back!"

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 09:44 PM
Aside from material costs, Hasbro also produces at much greater quantities than Takara (due to the populations Hasbro cater towards), so is able to achieve economies of scale.

Takara have to charge more to cover the cost of developing the mold. Hasbro then just jump in and go "Hey, can we borrow this for a bit? We'll bring it right back!"
I don't buy that. Remember when Hasbro and Takara MP prices weren't all that different from each other?

Then...
+ MP3 Starscream retailed for approx. $105, Hasbro's MP Starscream sold here for $100
+ MP8 Grimlock retailed for approx. $140, Hasbro's MP Grimlock sold here for $150
...as we can see, the Takara and Hasbro prices are roughly the same.

Now...
+ MP11 Starscream & Sunstorm retailed for approx. $140 each. Hasbro's MP Thundercracker sells here for $80, Acid Storm is slated to sell for $100.
+ MP10 retailed for approx. $235, Hasbro's version sold for $150.
+ TakTOM's MP Soundwave & all Cassettes would cost a total of approx. $260. Hasbro's is slated to sell for $150.
...so on average, the TakTOM prices are about 40% higher than Hasbro's (even though they're getting smaller and lighter :rolleyes:)

DELTAprime
20th March 2013, 10:50 PM

Well if that's the case I'm happy to keep funding Takara's development of these molds.

It will be interesting to see what the price difference is if the Nissan trio get a Hasbro release.

griffin
21st March 2013, 12:45 AM
Either the merger with Tomy is a factor, or Hasbro are increasing their commission rate (the amount of money they get on each toy sold outside of America - like how TFs are twice as expensive here).
Or both.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd March 2013, 02:07 PM
Anybody know anything about these Micro Transformer American Rescue (http://randomtoyreviews.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/transformers-micro-transformer-american.html)toys?

That guy listed them up on his blog and I find them rather interesting.:)