PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

spiderken17
23rd March 2013, 05:16 PM
How many versions are there of re-issue G1 prime besides the original? I would like one for my collection but don't need heaps of accessories (besides the original stuff). Also, whats a reasonable price to pay for them?
Cheers, Ken

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2013, 05:17 PM
Anybody know anything about these Micro Transformer American Rescue (http://randomtoyreviews.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/transformers-micro-transformer-american.html)toys?

That guy listed them up on his blog and I find them rather interesting.:)
Whoa... that's weird! Ran a quick Google search and stumbled across this site (http://yaplog.jp/reloaders55/archive/3859). Apparently these figures were were part of a re-release of Countdown as a "filler" because Takara suddenly cancelled the Diablock and Axelerator sets. Instead of coming with the Micro Trailers, they were given "streetscape" cards. Kinda cheap, but these things only cost 200JPY ($2) each. :o

How many versions are there of re-issue G1 prime besides the original? I would like one for my collection but don't need heaps of accessories (besieds the original stuff).
Cheers, Ken
Do you mean variants of the 2000 Takara reissue (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/0/02/2000_japanese_prime_reissue.jpg)? They would include:
+ JafCon exclusive black version
+ Lucky Draw gold version
+ 2002 New Year Special - comes with 2 rifles (regular thin and "fat"), Autobot logo sticker sheet, mouse pad, Matrix and reissue of Action Master Optimus Prime
+ Commemorative Series (2002) - has ridiculously overlengthened missiles and shortened smoke stacks. Trailer cannot launch Roller.
+ Transformers Collection (2003) - comes w/ "fat" rifle, energon axe and ring binder folder. Packaged in "book box".
+ Pepsi Convoy (2005) - Pepsi colours, new trailer.
+ Pepsi Optimus Prime (2007) - same as Pepsi Convoy, but w/ shortened smokestacks
+ Encore Convoy (2007) - similar to 2000 reissue, comes w/ "fat" rifle, some mould improvements and tampographed insignias
+ Universe/25th Anniv Optimus Prime (2008) - Similar to 2002 Commem. Series reissue, but pink (nicknamed "Pinkimus Prime" by fandom). Comes with reprint of US#1 and some electronic talking... thing. US version comes w/ MTMTE DVD.
+ Music Label (2007-08) - new head, new trailer (working iPod dock w/ speakers). Comes in white, G1 colours or red/yellow.

^Out of all those, I'd recommend Encore Convoy. It's the most closest to the original G1 Optimus Prime, and being a relatively recent reissue, shouldn't be as expensive as the older ones.

Bidoofdude
23rd March 2013, 06:32 PM
I'd also go with Encore, though you can get the re-release of the commemorative edition prime for about $90 shipped from RK.
It's really about preference and what price you're comfortable with.:cool:;)

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2013, 08:13 PM
I'd also go with Encore, though you can get the re-release of the commemorative edition prime for about $90 shipped from RK.
:eek: Damn that's expensive!! :eek:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink-1.gif

griffin
23rd March 2013, 09:15 PM
Any version of Gen1 Optimus for under $100 is a good deal. Look on ebay... there's only a handful under RK's price.

Sinnertwin
23rd March 2013, 09:42 PM
It's really about preference and what price you're comfortable with.:cool:;)

Dont forget that the re-reissue of the TRU comemorative series has the light trailer that came with the 25th Anniversary, which isnt accurate to the G1 release

spiderken17
23rd March 2013, 09:46 PM
Cheaper is better but i want it to look like the original G1 (as much as possible). Is $65 a good price for a 25th aniv. edition?

Sinnertwin
23rd March 2013, 09:54 PM
IMO, If you want original, skip the 2000's US releases. They either have the short smoke stacks or wrong coloured trailer or cab and really long missiles, especially the 25th Anniversary.
Spend some time looking at the list Goktimus supplied and have a look at Swindles Saleyard, Robotkingdom, HLJ, eBay etc.

Ae-Evolution
26th March 2013, 12:29 AM
I recently found this lying around the web;

http://www13.atpages.jp/pcwr/top7/top127n.jpg

What kind of mods would I have to do to make it fit?

I'm also after a Fort-max, but don't know my options, I just want one of a decent size but for a cheap price. I don't care if it's KO, just want to be able to say 'Yeah, I own a Fortress Maximus'.

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2013, 02:12 PM
I'm also after a Fort-max, but don't know my options, I just want one of a decent size but for a cheap price. I don't care if it's KO, just want to be able to say 'Yeah, I own a Fortress Maximus'.
Why not get Encore Fortress Maximus?

Ae-Evolution
26th March 2013, 03:37 PM
If I could I would, it's just too expensive and don't have that kind of room.

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th March 2013, 04:02 PM
But if you have a KO, then you don't have a Fortress Maximus, you have a KO :-/

What's the point?

Sinnertwin
26th March 2013, 04:07 PM
If I could I would, it's just too expensive and don't have that kind of room.

Have you considerd the Kabaya release? Its a small transformable snap together kit assembled through purchasing 3 units and should set you back +/- $30

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2013, 04:59 PM
There's also Transformers Junior Fortress Maximus (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071028100711/transformers/images/b/b6/G1_FortressMaximus_Jnr_toy.jpg). :) No idea what the aftermarket price on this toy would be.

SuspectimusPrime
26th March 2013, 05:56 PM
There's also Transformers Junior Fortress Maximus (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071028100711/transformers/images/b/b6/G1_FortressMaximus_Jnr_toy.jpg). :) No idea what the aftermarket price on this toy would be.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-jr-Junior-Optimus-Prime-Chromedome-Fortress-Maximus-JR-/111024418693?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item19d9922f85&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1182

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2013, 08:21 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-jr-Junior-Optimus-Prime-Chromedome-Fortress-Maximus-JR-/111024418693?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item19d9922f85&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1182
:eek:http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_stewiegriffin_shock.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink-1.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_spitdrink.jpg:eek: Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!

Okay, get the Kabaya model kit! :o

Bidoofdude
26th March 2013, 08:53 PM
What do you guys think is the best and most movie-accurate Bayverse Jazz toy.
I'm leaning towards human alliance, but is there anything better?
(not counting g1 colours;))

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, probably Human Alliance. I'm personally happy with the TF1 Deluxe figure though. :o :)

UltraMarginal
26th March 2013, 09:57 PM

I have no iIdea what that is, I can see some elements of a classics superion there, but I can't help you with the rest of it.

I'd suggest either the Kabaya kit, or encore. a ko if they exist for fort max, is probably going to be the same volume as the real deal so your not saving on space with that, and the quality will eventualy dissapoint you, so any money spent on a KO is probably a waste.

I haven't' opened my HA Jazz yet, but looking at it the vehicle mode is superior to the deluxe, it's a pretty popular HA toy, so it's got to be at least as good as the deluxe from the first movie, the arms on that thing, while a novel transformation concept, fairly well suck in robot mode.

Golden Phoenix
26th March 2013, 10:02 PM

That looks awesome. I think you'd need something that is shaped like Energon Optimus Prime's arms and legs, but with an Energon Combiner socket at the end.
Maybe even using a spare Prime's arms and legs and just making a hole for it.

Magnus
26th March 2013, 10:44 PM

The deluxe scales better next to Leader Optimus, and I think it has a more screen-accurate transformation sequence, but I agree that the HA is superior - it has far more detail, a more screen-accurate weapon (unless you get Final Battle Jazz) and a good paint job (the Premium version has a nice silver paint job).

Tober
29th March 2013, 02:50 PM
Is it known if/when FoC Grimlock is being released here?

I did a quick search, didn't find anything...

Bidoofdude
29th March 2013, 03:15 PM
So far there's none appearing and they were at the toy fair, so we may be getting them soon. Not that much more, I don't think.
I might email Hasbro.;)
I hope we get them soon.:D

Tober
29th March 2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks Bidoofdude. :)

Human Alliance Jazz is the best version, Takara release if you can find it.

griffin
29th March 2013, 03:32 PM
Toyfair display were just example items... so unfortunately doesn't mean that they will appear here.

Bidoofdude
29th March 2013, 06:32 PM
Yes, that's true. :cool:

Sinnertwin
29th March 2013, 07:27 PM
I have a suspicion that theyve skipped wave 2 of the voyagers. I'll do some digging around when i'm back at work on Tuesday

Bidoofdude
29th March 2013, 08:18 PM
I'd appreciate it. Thanks.:cool:

Tober
29th March 2013, 10:13 PM
I have a suspicion that theyve skipped wave 2 of the voyagers. I'll do some digging around when i'm back at work on Tuesday

Thanks! :)

Trent
29th March 2013, 11:15 PM
For those of you who have bought 3rd party stuff direct from igear's online shop, how long did the free shipping take? And did you get a tracking number?

M-bot
30th March 2013, 06:49 PM
For those of you who have bought 3rd party stuff direct from igear's online shop, how long did the free shipping take? And did you get a tracking number?

A bit long ago for me to remember specifics, but I do remember being surprised it reached me as quickly as it did - but as a rule I always assume it's going to take ages, so I'm more often pleased, and more easily. I don't remember a tracking number at all.

Starscream77
30th March 2013, 07:25 PM

I don't recall a tracking number but I have ordered twice from them direct and both came within 2 weeks

spiderken17
1st April 2013, 04:44 PM
What is a good price for Encore Bruticus and Encore Optimus prime?
Cheers, ken

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 07:15 PM

Had a quick look at Kmart today.
No Prime or Generations Voyagers listed on new TF layouts. Only Generation 2 packs and Deluxe figures to compliment BH.
Prime Weaponizers on clearance meaning no further orders.
Tomorrow Toyworld et al

Trent
1st April 2013, 07:44 PM
How does Hasbro MP Skywarp fit in with the MP-11 mold. I have MP-11 and TRU TC and am wondering whether Skywarp will fit in with the other 2.

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:08 PM
Had a quick look at Kmart today.
No Prime or Generations Voyagers listed on new TF layouts. Only Generation 2 packs and Deluxe figures to compliment BH.
Prime Weaponizers on clearance meaning no further orders.
Tomorrow Toyworld et al

Did kmart even have the wave 1 voyagers? I thought it was just Myer and Target, IIRC.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2013, 08:11 PM
What is a good price for Encore Bruticus and Encore Optimus prime?
In my personal opinion:
Encore Convoy --> $55
Encore Bruticus --> $85

I especially wouldn't recommend paying too much for Bruticus as that toy suffers from QA issues. Encore Convoy is supposedly a fairly good toy, with retooling done to improve on the original mould... so some might argue that it's worth paying double its original price (I personally wouldn't, but that's JMO :o).

spiderken17
1st April 2013, 08:15 PM
I haven't seen them at that price. Obviously ebay prices are inflated. Where else would i find them?

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 08:15 PM
Did kmart even have the wave 1 voyagers? I thought it was just Myer and Target, IIRC.

Now that i think about it, i dont believe that they did. Only recent voyagers were Prime Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bulkhead

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:16 PM
Encore Op goes for about $140 shipped in most stores.
I honestly think it's almost worth that.
Anywhere I CAN find it for $55 though? That's a bargain in my eyes...

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 08:18 PM
How does Hasbro MP Skywarp fit in with the MP-11 mold. I have MP-11 and TRU TC and am wondering whether Skywarp will fit in with the other 2.

I guess you could get away with the alt mode, but the robot modes' mold differences dont sit well with me personally ie Heads, lower body kibble.

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 08:31 PM
In my personal opinion:
Encore Convoy --> $55
Encore Bruticus --> $85

I especially wouldn't recommend paying too much for Bruticus as that toy suffers from QA issues. Encore Convoy is supposedly a fairly good toy, with retooling done to improve on the original mould... so some might argue that it's worth paying double its original price (I personally wouldn't, but that's JMO :o).

Did a quick check of eBay for giggles.
Average price of OP right now $143. Cheapest being 76.74 + 28.78 postage
Ready for this? Average price of Bruticus $239. Theres on at $70 with 3 days left

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah. eBay is basically where people buy stuff then sell them for MUCH higher prices and then the prices gradually go up and up.
That's why I like online stores that little bit better.
Sometimes on eBay, you can find a couple bogans that give you complete bargains.
Even bidding gets outrageous.
Some lesser known retailers probably still have one of the two, you just have to look hard. :cool:

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:36 PM
I guess you could get away with the alt mode, but the robot modes' mold differences dont sit well with me personally ie Heads, lower body kibble.

You could always take off the leg kibble off the ball joint and stick on the legs and just get someone to get you a head from MP TC.;)
Check this out:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/710933-masterpiece-skywarp-mp-11-mold.html (it's made from mp-11 though:()

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 08:40 PM
You could always take off the leg kibble off the ball joint and stick on the legs and just get someone to get you a head from MP TC.;)

But the kibble on skywarp would extend past his knees. Just lose them altogether.

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:43 PM
Good point.
Yeah, probably just lose the kibble altogether. That's what I'd do.;)
You could repaint the eyes as well, if you want them to match ever so slightly more.:cool::D

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 08:46 PM
Thats what i do with the old mold. The new ones i keep on a seperate shelf. Thats my OCD kicking in :p

Bidoofdude
1st April 2013, 08:47 PM
Thats what i do with the old mold. The new ones i keep on a seperate shelf. Thats my OCD kicking in :p

Join the club.;)
I'd do that, though if I made a mistake on one side, I'd probably do it on the other, for symmetry.
That's not too bad though.:o;)

Iriorne
1st April 2013, 09:30 PM

Personally, I think it's fine and I quite like that all three seekers have a slightly different look to them. Here's a picture (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/233731/OTCA/seekers_lg.jpg) of my three together.

I'm not game enough to try a DIY kibble modification but you could repaint SW's eyes red (one of the most obvious differences) and paint his chest fans grey. I already added grey to TC's null rays to add a bit of visual interest.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2013, 10:21 PM
Did a quick check of eBay for giggles.
Average price of OP right now $143. Cheapest being 76.74 + 28.78 postage
Ready for this? Average price of Bruticus $239. Theres on at $70 with 3 days left
Seriously... I was eating a bowl of muesli (low joule late night snack :p) while I read your post, and I literally dribbled some soy milk out my mouth and down my front! Just finished wiping myself clean with tissue paper! :eek:
(thankfully the drops were little and my wife who's sitting right behind me watching TV hasn't notice ;) :p) Aww man... there's half chew bits of oats on my right thigh... *discreetly.scrapes.off* :o And now my eyes and nose are welling up as I'm holding back the laughter and maintaining a poker face! That's the best "withheld chuckle" I've had in a long time! :D

I'm actually somewhat surprised that Optimus Prime has inflated so badly (or well from a seller's POV :rolleyes:). The original G1 Optimus Prime has got to be the single most reissued toy ever... you'd think with both Hasbro and Takara/TOMY having pumped so many of them into the market that it'd put relieve inflationary pressure on the aftermarket price of this figure. I guess the aftermarket demand for this figure just must be that high... which is kinda odd, because I don't recall any of these toys necessarily flying off shelves when they were out.

Sinnertwin
1st April 2013, 10:36 PM
Seriously... I was eating a bowl of muesli (low joule late night snack :p) while I read your post, and I literally dribbled some soy milk out my mouth and down my front! Just finished wiping myself clean with tissue paper! :eek:
(thankfully the drops were little and my wife who's sitting right behind me watching TV hasn't notice ;) :p) Aww man... there's half chew bits of oats on my right thigh... *discreetly.scrapes.off* :o And now my eyes and nose are welling up as I'm holding back the laughter and maintaining a poker face! That's the best "withheld chuckle" I've had in a long time! :D

Don't hold it in, man! Let it out! Let out the belly-laugh that'll make that Zeus envious! And when you're done wiping the milk and scraping the left over bits of muesli, laugh again!

You'd think so with Optimus, especially. But then again, i haven't checked recent sales so i couldn't tell how many have sold at those prices. If online retailers are out, doesn't leave many choices for those after one.

Tober
2nd April 2013, 12:03 AM
If online retailers are out, doesn't leave many choices for those after one.

MP-10 Convoy will obviously see re-releases. But I don't think the TRU MPs ever have or will.

Trent
2nd April 2013, 08:00 AM
MP-10 Convoy will obviously see re-releases. But I don't think the TRU MPs ever have or will.

If it does IMO it'll be through Hasbro Asia, as they are the ones re-releasing Grimlock. And it'll be at a much inflated price, just like Grimlock.

drahsrebu
2nd April 2013, 12:09 PM
How often do you think the major players in the industry (hasbro,TT,Idw etc) pay attention to forums and websites, Whether by just visiting or communticating with the members? Does anyone have any first hand experiences or stories that may have influenced the decisions that they make?

Was just an interesting thought i just had so i thought i would post.:D

griffin
2nd April 2013, 12:28 PM
Officially they can't anymore. Hasbro used to, via TFW, but then other sites got upset about it and made some rather nasty complaints, which is why they stick to their own site now, and probably just observe the fansites.
IDW have their own forum, so just focus on that one.

Sinnertwin
2nd April 2013, 01:59 PM
My local Toyworld.looks to be ranging only the BH and Prime Voyagers. No Generations. Couldnt get much info on which waves.

drahsrebu
2nd April 2013, 02:24 PM
Officially they can't anymore. Hasbro used to, via TFW, but then other sites got upset about it and made some rather nasty complaints, which is why they stick to their own site now, and probably just observe the fansites.
IDW have their own forum, so just focus on that one.

Thanks griff, i was just curious, i dont want to contact them etc. I was just wondering how much influence these fansites and us as fans have on the decisions that are made (if any at all)

Bidoofdude
4th April 2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone else's masterpiece Thundercracker's wings droop backwards?:confused:

Mine kind of lean back a bit.:(
Any help?

lancalot
4th April 2013, 01:50 PM
Does anyone else's masterpiece Thundercracker's wings droop backwards?:confused:

Mine kind of lean back a bit.:(
Any help?

there suspose to be a little spike that fold out on the wing/middle piece that will make the wing fit in the small hole (behind the shouder vents) sticking it together to the back...
ill post pick if u need Bidoofdude

Iriorne
4th April 2013, 02:07 PM
there suspose to be a little spike that fold out on the wing/middle piece that will make the wing fit in the small hole (behind the shouder vents) sticking it together to the back...
ill post pick if u need Bidoofdude

Yep, if you have a look on google for the proper MP TC instructions, the little tabs are shown in step 29. That should do the job, though if you angle the wings back too far the tabs will pop out due to the design of the hinge there.

Bidoofdude
4th April 2013, 02:20 PM
Cool. Thanks guys. I'll get to it now.:cool::D
Thanks!

DELTAprime
5th April 2013, 10:23 AM
I had a sleepless night last night and I used that extra time awake to wonder about the molds that are used to make toys.

I have a basic idea how the process worked in the 80's. Make a prototype, cast it, make a final proof, cast it and then make the final toys. I'm wonder in the creation of the molds are Hasbro and Takara using modern manufacturing techniques like CAD and CNC to make the molds or are they still using the techniques that where used to make G1 toys?

I'm wonder about it because I figure if they have the program to make a mold saved on a computer then if the mold starts to ware out or is broken it would be easy to make a replacement (assuming it a mold like the classics seeker that they can still sell a boat-load of to make their money back).

Iriorne
5th April 2013, 12:11 PM
I think they would almost certainly be using CAD in the design stages and probably 3D printing for prototypes. The quick turnaround times and relatively low cost would make these pretty attractive. CAD would be useful for optimising your parts sprues too.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_molding#Mold) says injection moulding dies are produced through CNC machining or electrical discharge machining. While not toy specific, I don't see why toy moulds wouldn't be made in the same manner - probably faster, cheaper and more consistent than other methods.

Replacing a mould designed this way would probably be fairly easy to do, though the cost of replacing them in the quantities required for large scale runs would still be quite high.

jazzcomp
9th April 2013, 10:01 AM
for the MISB collectors, how do you know that everything's inside and if there are missing parts or QC issues? This is for boxed toys like Encore Fort Max, MP Lambor and the like.

I ask because I just want to check the contents of the box and I do want to keep it MISB :eek:

gamblor916
9th April 2013, 10:21 AM
Well if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

jazzcomp
9th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Do you truly want me to answer that?

Iriorne
9th April 2013, 12:00 PM
Doesn't matter as long as you have a "no returns" policy if/when you sell it. ;)

DarkHyren
9th April 2013, 12:03 PM
for the MISB collectors, how do you know that everything's inside and if there are missing parts or QC issues? This is for boxed toys like Encore Fort Max, MP Lambor and the like.

I ask because I just want to check the contents of the box and I do want to keep it MISB :eek:Honestly, for blind boxed toys like those there really is no way that a MISBer can check for issues.
It's either keep it MISB and pray that Primus has blessed you with a perfect specimen or open it up and check.
I faced that same dilemma with my Fort Max, but in the end just bit the bullet and opened the box, mine was doubled taped anyway so it had already been opened from MISB quality anyway, so what's one more quality check between friends lol

jazzcomp
9th April 2013, 12:16 PM
What do you mean by double taped? re-taped over? why?

I guess the only reason why I want to check is because it's expensive and bought online/overseas and the limit of until when the supplier can replace or refund defective stuff.

DarkHyren
9th April 2013, 12:25 PM
From what I understand some Maxi's were rechecked at the factory for quality purposes.
See Griffins post here for more info- http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=348134&postcount=39
Considering the extra checking it's a little troubling that some people still have issues.

On a related note, can anyone suggest some fixes I can make to rectify the below "issues" that my Maxi has?
- Cannon on left leg is loose and is prone to popping out easily.
- Right hip cannon seems a bit floppy and doesn't click into place in attack mode.
- Legs of the main body are tight and need a fair bit of pressure to turn/rotate.

5FDP
9th April 2013, 02:05 PM

I ask because I just want to check the contents of the box and I do want to keep it MISB :eek:

Make friends with someone who has access to an x-ray machine or weigh yours against one that has been opened ;) :p

I'm leaving my Fort Max MISB just to torture Goki :D

I will however be opening MP Prowl when I receive him (he's already got a spot reserved on my display shelf).

Sinnertwin
9th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Thats why im not a fan of these blind packs. You just dont know. Youre taking it on good faith that the manufacturer has includd all the bits and bobs

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2013, 02:37 PM
Meh... if you have no intention of opening the toy or playing with it, does it even matter if it's complete or of good quality? :eek: I do have one blind boxed MISB TF toy in my collection (although I do have another one that's opened; it's one of the few times that I intentionally bought two so I could keep one opened and one sealed). But yeah... there could just be a really tightly bound or vacuum sealed bag of gravel in there for all I know. ;)

I'm leaving my Fort Max MISB just to torture Goki :D
You mean your MISB 5kg lead weight. :p :p

Omega Metro
9th April 2013, 03:09 PM
If you buy something from Robot Kingdom, how do you know its been shipped? I have had the order confirmation but that is it. Definately not as 'propheshinal' as BBTS.:confused:

Sinnertwin
9th April 2013, 04:24 PM
If you buy something from Robot Kingdom, how do you know its been shipped? I have had the order confirmation but that is it. Definately not as 'propheshinal' as BBTS.:confused:

They normally send you an email with your tracking number anf a link to HK Post

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th April 2013, 09:05 PM

I ask because I just want to check the contents of the box and I do want to keep it MISB :eek:My theory is it's actually like Shrodinger's Cat.

C'mon Goki, do an MSPaint "Schrodinger's Fort Max" comic, you know you want to.

Gouki
10th April 2013, 09:37 AM
Is TFPrime Ultra Magnus bigger than Classics (voyager) Optimus Prime? I need a Magnus, but so many of them are teeny.

drahsrebu
10th April 2013, 10:14 AM
FE Bulkhead or TFPRID Bulkhead?

Sinnertwin
10th April 2013, 10:26 AM

Ive got the FE. Didnt like the PRiD version.

GoktimusPrime
10th April 2013, 11:14 AM
If you want a more screen-like toy, got TFPRiD. If you want a better engineered toy, go FE. Cost is another thing... while FE Bulkhead is nice, it's not without its flaws (one of the doors on mine is highly prone to falling off) and I wouldn't recommend paying above RRP for it. So if you can't find FE Bulkhead at close to RRP then just go TFPRiD.

drahsrebu
10th April 2013, 12:33 PM
I like the thought of the better engineering, but I love show alikeness. Omg sooooo confused. :confused:

Are they both approx the same size?

I do have all the other FE's, I kinda forgot about poor old bulkhead. So kinda leaning towards FE at the moment.

griffin
10th April 2013, 01:22 PM
Is TFPrime Ultra Magnus bigger than Classics (voyager) Optimus Prime? I need a Magnus, but so many of them are teeny.

The Voyager Magnus (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpr24.jpg) released last year that we didn't get here? Or the new Voyager (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/tfpbh17.jpg) for this year?

I think since Classics Optimus was so small for a Voyager, even with the recent shrinkage of toy sizes in the last couple years, it is still smaller. Last year's Magnus is slightly taller and bulkier.

Sky Shadow
10th April 2013, 06:29 PM

Take it to the hospital and get it x-rayed.

lancalot
10th April 2013, 07:27 PM

:D:D:D that a very good way of doing it...

Trent
10th April 2013, 08:50 PM

This toy needs urgent medical attention. STAT!!!:D

Sinnertwin
10th April 2013, 09:08 PM
This toy needs urgent medical attention. STAT!!!:D

:D i can see it now...
"stand back, i'm a collector... We're losing the tape!" beeeeeeeeeep...

Ae-Evolution
11th April 2013, 12:46 AM
What would be an affordable and real easy figure I could paint that is currently on the market? It would be my first Transformers custom.

M-bot
11th April 2013, 08:49 AM
What would be an affordable and real easy figure I could paint that is currently on the market? It would be my first Transformers custom.

I'd go for a junker first, if you have one, or a figure in your collection you really don't mind getting wrecked. Not that you'd necessarily wreck it, but just in case, since its your first.;):)

If you really want to buy something new, make sure you get it cheap or on clearance.

And don't try anything that you'd paint white. Painting in white sucks.:eek:

Omega Metro
11th April 2013, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if the new Botshots Dragon set can 'shoot' out the older style Botshots or just the newer 'Flip', 'Spin' or what ever they do Bots?

griffin
12th April 2013, 02:03 AM
Mine's still on its way from America... so if no one else is buying one, it'll be about a week before I find out.

KalEl
12th April 2013, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know if the new Botshots Dragon set can 'shoot' out the older style Botshots or just the newer 'Flip', 'Spin' or what ever they do Bots?

I would assume both kinds.

Slag
17th April 2013, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if this was an actual gig release?. I was under the impression that the Diaclone Snarl should be black not red.
Also the sword is grey:confused:
He has a couple of others with the chrome sword
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140949189728?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1414

Bidoofdude
17th April 2013, 09:09 PM
He should be black in the torso, IIRC.
Could be a different release but you never know... Maybe contact him and ask?:confused:

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2013, 09:37 PM
Bidoofdude's correct - only the Transformers versions had red torsos, the Diaclone version (including GiG) was black

http://diaclone.net/orid/diadino/d089.html
Pics 1-3 are Diaclone
Pics 4-5 are TF G1
Pics 6-7 are TF G2
Pic 8 = MISB Diaclone
Pic 9 = MISB Trasformer
Pic 10 = MOSC TF G2

So AFAIK there's no red torso Diaclone Stegosaurus Kyouryuu Robo.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th April 2013, 03:24 AM
Even the pic on the back of the box of Snarl there has a different torso colour

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 08:39 AM
Someone ought to report this sale as fraudulent. Even if the Snarl is a legit TF and not a KO, the seller is presenting it as something that it's not. The box could be a repro too.

Slag
18th April 2013, 09:17 AM
Bidoofdude's correct - only the Transformers versions had red torsos, the Diaclone version (including GiG) was black

http://diaclone.net/orid/diadino/d089.html
Pics 1-3 are Diaclone
Pics 4-5 are TF G1
Pics 6-7 are TF G2
Pic 8 = MISB Diaclone
Pic 9 = MISB Trasformer
Pic 10 = MOSC TF G2

So AFAIK there's no red torso Diaclone Stegosaurus Kyouryuu Robo.

Cheers. Interesting, in these pictures, he has a grey sword too. i thought all of the Diaclone ones were chromed.
The other dinobots he has for sale look ok.

I'll be waiting for a black one to show up :)

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 12:24 PM
So I just made an account on BBTS to preorder Generations Blitzwing and Springer. What's this thing called "Pile of Loot"? Could someone please explain it to me in as simple and layman terms as possible? Thanks.

Sinnertwin
18th April 2013, 12:34 PM
So I just made an account on BBTS to preorder Generations Blitzwing and Springer. What's this thing called "Pile of Loot"? Could someone please explain it to me in as simple and layman terms as possible? Thanks.

Storage. Up to 6 months. They keep your stuff aside until.you decide to hit the "ship my loot" button. Its very handy for preorders. But beware, after 15 days you can't remove any PoL items. If you do decide to before 15 days, you get a store credit. Shipping goes by weight anyway, they'll amend any extra's accordingly.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 12:52 PM
Storage. Up to 6 months. They keep your stuff aside until.you decide to hit the "ship my loot" button. Its very handy for preorders. But beware, after 15 days you can't remove any PoL items. If you do decide to before 15 days, you get a store credit. Shipping goes by weight anyway, they'll amend any extra's accordingly.
So why would I want to use this option? Say for example, I've currently got Generations Blitzwing and Springer on pre-order... what would be the difference between leaving the Pile of Loot option on or off? Does it mean that if I keep it off, they'll ship them both separately rather than together?

Golden Phoenix
18th April 2013, 01:09 PM
So why would I want to use this option? Say for example, I've currently got Generations Blitzwing and Springer on pre-order... what would be the difference between leaving the Pile of Loot option on or off? Does it mean that if I keep it off, they'll ship them both separately rather than together?

There is no difference if the pre-orders are released at the same time. It is mainly for things that are going to be released separately.

Say you spotted something that were to be released a month later. Blitzwing and Springer would come out, and be put in your pile you pay for the figures and postage of those 2 figures. You then have the option of having them shipped then and there.

If you leave them in your pile, when the other thing comes out, it too will be added to the pile. You get charged for the figure and the difference in shipping.

It means you only pay the total shipping for 3 figures in one box. If you had them shipped separately you would pay more as you pay for the 2 voyagers to be sent, and then the 3rd figure sent later.

If you get a big pile, the adjustments to shipping become pretty much nothing. I had a pile of $500 and added a couple of deluxes and only had the shipping adjusted by $5. It eventually got to the point where I would add stuff and it would not charge me for the shipping. I think that pile ended up being $800 with $100 postage.

That pile was done over 6 months.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 01:32 PM
Aaah right, thanks. :) Sounds similar to what I do with my mate in Japan where he keeps stuff at his place until I ask him to send them all to me in a collective lot to save on postage (though I've never done it to the scale you have! :eek:).

I'm thinking about whether or not to get TFPRiD Voyager Ultra Magnus. It doesn't seem that this toy is coming out in Australia... but if I get it from BBTS the combined cost including postage will be $55, which is about $5 above AU RRP. :o I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5 or is there a cheaper option? Would a group order make the postage cheaper per figure?

lancalot
18th April 2013, 01:55 PM
Aaah right, thanks. :) Sounds similar to what I do with my mate in Japan where he keeps stuff at his place until I ask him to send them all to me in a collective lot to save on postage (though I've never done it to the scale you have! :eek:).

I'm thinking about whether or not to get TFPRiD Voyager Ultra Magnus. It doesn't seem that this toy is coming out in Australia... but if I get it from BBTS the combined cost including postage will be $55, which is about $5 above AU RRP. :o I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5 or is there a cheaper option? Would a group order make the postage cheaper per figure?

i got him from amazon ...$38 shipped ... just have to be careful of shipping on amazon because of different shop on there have different shipping cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Prime-Robots-Disguise-Voyager/dp/B008S9QAAO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366257033&sr=8-2&keywords=ultra+magnus

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 02:10 PM
Cheers mate! :)

Golden Phoenix
18th April 2013, 02:14 PM

The shipping quoted when you pre-order is a quote done as if you were to have it posted as soon as it comes in. It may vary if you have things already in your pile of loot.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 02:21 PM
Well, there's nothing else in there now, so I guess I'll just prepare to pay that much. :)

SuspectimusPrime
18th April 2013, 02:58 PM
If you get a big pile, the adjustments to shipping become pretty much nothing. I had a pile of $500 and added a couple of deluxes and only had the shipping adjusted by $5. It eventually got to the point where I would add stuff and it would not charge me for the shipping. I think that pile ended up being $800 with $100 postage.

I'm at that point now, and about tho ship my loot. I understand that I have to pay customs' import tax if it exceeds $1000, but is that price ceiling referring to the total cost of the import (i.e. $900 + $100 shipping) or the total cost of items with shipping separate from the total cost (i.e. $1000 + shipping)?

Iriorne
18th April 2013, 03:27 PM
From the customs website it's not entirely clear what the situation is.

If your goods value (less postage) is $1000 or above, you'll pay GST on any postage charges as well as the customs duty.

Not sure what happens though if your goods value is $900 with $150 postage. I'd err on the side of caution, unless customs/anyone else can provide a better answer.

Check here (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp) for more details, specifically examples 1 and 3.

Basically you'll pay 5% of the goods value as customs duty, plus 10% of the sum of goods value, customs duty and shipping as GST.

Or, equivalently: 15.5% of the goods value + 10% of your shipping.

Iriorne
18th April 2013, 03:35 PM
A bit more information from Whirlpool (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2077766) suggests that shipping is not included in calculating the $1000 threshold.

I'd still be inclined to play it safe though, as customs do not necessarily use the declared value of goods. They may conduct their own valuation which could come up higher, especially if they use Australian retail prices.

Golden Phoenix
18th April 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm at that point now, and about tho ship my loot. I understand that I have to pay customs' import tax if it exceeds $1000, but is that price ceiling referring to the total cost of the import (i.e. $900 + $100 shipping) or the total cost of items with shipping separate from the total cost (i.e. $1000 + shipping)?

Yeah I played it safe. I ended up shipping that particular order just before the total hit the $1k mark, but it meant I had some pre-orders still to come. They then formed the base of my next order that I stopped at about the $500 mark.

It can be addictive......

UltraMarginal
18th April 2013, 05:42 PM
I think they would almost certainly be using CAD in the design stages and probably 3D printing for prototypes. The quick turnaround times and relatively low cost would make these pretty attractive. CAD would be useful for optimising your parts sprues too.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_molding#Mold) says injection moulding dies are produced through CNC machining or electrical discharge machining. While not toy specific, I don't see why toy moulds wouldn't be made in the same manner - probably faster, cheaper and more consistent than other methods.

Replacing a mould designed this way would probably be fairly easy to do, though the cost of replacing them in the quantities required for large scale runs would still be quite high.

I'd suggest that you have pretty much hit the nail on the head. CAD can be used to ensure proper tolerances clearances between parts and for analysis to ensure it will all fold up neatly. Designing modern transformers with just 2D drawings and hand made prototypes would be nearly impossible and prohibitively expensive, given the time it would take.

design and manufacture of the tooling would definitely be one of the biggest expenses in toy manufacture, just like you said.

I would suggest taking it on an interational flight as carry on baggage and hoping to get a glimpse of the screen when they pass it through the x-ray machine. this has the added advantage of potentially being a trip to Botcon... :D

I've only ever seen the TFPrid bulkhead in a box on the shelf, I don't like the flap at the back. The FE bulkhead I have, it's a good transformation and I think it looks great in both modes, the fist rotation to fit the wrecking ball can also double as his inbuilt arm blasters. I'm a bit confused by other commets, I thought FE bulkhead was the more screen accurate version of the toy.

the largest POL I've ever shipped worked out to be just over 1K, before shipping cost, I didn't recieve any charges but I've made sure since then that it comes in under 1K.

@gok, depending on how much you order, you should look at the different shipping options, as the cheapest option will change depending on the weight of what you're shipping. PM me for my number if you want to discuss in detail.

I don't know what you're talking about, I can stop any time I want.:o:D

My Question:
I get the impression that the Kreo Micro changer combiners are available in Australia at the moment, what shops are carrying them and how much are they selling for? I've only seen the single packs.

iamirondude
18th April 2013, 06:02 PM
when you pre-order from any of these internet company's like big bad toy store and robotkingdom do u pay for it up front or only when it comes into stock?

Sinnertwin
18th April 2013, 06:05 PM
when you pre-order from any of these internet company's like big bad toy store and robotkingdom do u pay for it up front or only when it comes into stock?

RK upfront
BBTS when its in stock. Online retailers vary, best to have a look in their Ts & Cs :)

iamirondude
18th April 2013, 06:31 PM
thanks for the help sinnertwin

SuspectimusPrime
19th April 2013, 01:36 AM
A bit more information from Whirlpool (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2077766) suggests that shipping is not included in calculating the $1000 threshold.

I'd still be inclined to play it safe though, as customs do not necessarily use the declared value of goods. They may conduct their own valuation which could come up higher, especially if they use Australian retail prices.

Yeah I played it safe. I ended up shipping that particular order just before the total hit the $1k mark, but it meant I had some pre-orders still to come. They then formed the base of my next order that I stopped at about the $500 mark.

the largest POL I've ever shipped worked out to be just over 1K, before shipping cost, I didn't recieve any charges but I've made sure since then that it comes in under 1K.

Thanks for the research and insightful feedback guys! It's good to know where I stand before shipping. My original plan was to wait until MMC Hexatron was out before shipping that and the upcoming FP pre-orders -- making a total of $996.89USD! Will just have to leave it for my second loot now. Also, to request for BBTS to cite the declared value in AUD on the day of shipment.

GoktimusPrime
19th April 2013, 09:17 AM
Where can I find a list of TF toys release schedule for USA/overseas? I'm going overseas in late Sept/early Oct so I'm wondering which toys are being released overseas that aren't being released here between now and then (i.e. which toys I should wait and try to find overseas rather than jumping the gun and ordering online).

Thanks.

UltraMarginal
19th April 2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the research and insightful feedback guys! It's good to know where I stand before shipping. My original plan was to wait until MMC Hexatron was out before shipping that and the upcoming FP pre-orders -- making a total of $996.89USD! Will just have to leave it for my second loot now. Also, to request for BBTS to cite the declared value in AUD on the day of shipment.

996 is under 1K, and the aussie dollar has been at or above parity for a couple years now, I wouldn't worry about getting them to state value in Australian dollars, I've never asked for it. I'd wait for your hexatron and make the most out of the shipment.

DELTAprime
19th April 2013, 10:43 AM
A couple of stickers on my Encore Fort Max are pealing. Whats a good way to fix stickers that peal?

griffin
19th April 2013, 12:59 PM
I use superglue on any problem (or really old) stickers... I just don't see why I'd ever remove them in the future. Just make sure it isn't a glue that melts plastic though (clashing chemical compounds), so test it in a hidden spot first and use it sparingly.

If you ever intend to take off the stickers in the future (with lighter fluid or some other solvent), you'll need to use something else.

drahsrebu
21st April 2013, 03:06 PM
So i kinda missed the whole Unicron Trilogy.... I started watching Armada a while back and it was a little painful to see. Is it worth slogging it out and watching the whole series, or maybe just wiki it and read about it instead :rolleyes:

Sky Shadow
21st April 2013, 03:21 PM
So i kinda missed the whole Unicron Trilogy.... I started watching Armada a while back and it was a little painful to see. Is it worth slogging it out and watching the whole series, or maybe just wiki it and read about it instead :rolleyes:

Several Transformers series aren't worth the time or effort of watching them. Armada, Energon and Cybertron are three of them. Also, none of them really affect any Western continuities so other than adding to your general knowledge or shoehorning them into the Japanese universe they're barely a valuable study. The worst part about the Unicron Trilogy is just how half-arsed it all is. Just as it seems like they might actually be investing in some character development (Starscream and Demolishor, for example) it turns out to be a psyche.

Quickstrike
21st April 2013, 04:06 PM
So i kinda missed the whole Unicron Trilogy....

Lucky you.

Well I dunno, I remember the Cybertron Cartoon being ok. Or at least not terrible.

christalcase
21st April 2013, 07:34 PM

I loved Cybertron (although I watched it straight after Armada and Energon so it may have influenced my decision) and I think that is worth watching. Whereas Energon is a direct sequel to Armada, Cybertron is pretty much a separate story that you can watch on it's own and enjoy. That said, Cybertron still has some flaws (a lot of stock footage, boring episodes, basic plot etc).

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2013, 09:08 PM
The comics are worth reading IMO. Energon not so much... they never even finished the Energon comics since Dreamwave went belly up half way through. :rolleyes: So naturally they never got around to making Cybertron comics. By time IDW acquired the Transformers comic licence, the Unicron Trilogy was more or less winding down. But yeah, you're not missing out on much with the cartoon... especially dubbed in English. I've seen Armada in both English and Japanese (Micron Legend), and the Armada dub is just awful. :( <insert.massively.long.rant>

Toywise...
Armada
The best thing about Armada IMO were the Mini-Cons. :) I like the concept of Mini-Cons powering up the Autobots and Decepticons, but for the most part it didn't work out so well in execution as a lot of the toys became compromised by their gimmicks (Scavenger is one of the worst). But some of the toys were actually pretty good, like Tidal Wave and Unicron. :)
Energon
Disappointing -- they were trying to rehash the 1989 Multi Force gimmick as the Powerlinx gimmick, but it somehow worked out to be inferior to the original G1 gimmick! :eek: Some of the smaller equivalent Scout Class figures were pretty decent though. The Dinobots and Quintesson just sucked spheres.
Cybertron
On the whole a really good toy line. It was like Hasbro finally learnt how to make toys that were _complimented_ by their gimmicks rather than compromised by them. Even if you totally hated a certain gimmick in a Cybertron toy, you could just ignore it and just enjoy the value of the toy itself. The gimmicks were just so much less intrusive than those we saw in Armada and Energon. :) And a lot more effort was finally put into the toy fiction (tech spec bios); each Planet Key came with a unique code where you could unlock that character's full bio online that really fleshed them out -- like Shortround... a Transformer who collects Transformers! :D (holy metafiction, Batman!)

i_amtrunks
21st April 2013, 09:36 PM
The last 15 or so episodes of armada were okay, and kind of tand alone from the series (as in you need not have watched the rest of them to understand it).

Energon had some great ideas in the story but they were all executed poorly. The combiner gimmick ruined a fair bit of the show too.

I enjoyed Cybertron as a stand alone, trying to shoehorn it to fit with the first two series doesn't work but it was a fun, kind of Indiana Jones story with the relic hunting. Parts were weak, and the dub made things that were simple in he Japanese version wrong or overly complicated.

If you don't watch it, you won't have missed anything must see, but without the trilogy we wouldn't have had the rejuvenation of the to brand.

GoktimusPrime
22nd April 2013, 08:51 AM
The biggest effect from the Unicron Trilogy (specifically from the Cybertron series) is the introduction of the somewhat controversial Multiversal Singularity (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Multiversal_singularity) retcon.

BigTransformerTrev
22nd April 2013, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know if there is any way to tell what robot is in which packet with the Wave 1 Microchangers? I couldn't see any distinguishing codes like there was with the preview wave

ILikeSoundwave
22nd April 2013, 11:45 AM
The codes are at the back on the red strip at the top. And for the codes http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=18954

i_amtrunks
22nd April 2013, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know if there is any way to tell what robot is in which packet with the Wave 1 Microchangers? I couldn't see any distinguishing codes like there was with the preview wave

n the top right hand corner there are a bunch of numbers, you can ignore all but the last two, they are what define each figure, for example Inferno is : 22851 41, the 22851 is the same on every bag, the 41 is what lets you know it is Inferno.

Codes are:
Scorch (Singe) 40
Inferno 41
Springer 42
Warpath 43
Blackarachnia 44
Rampage 45
Insecticon 46
Blast Off 47
Hook 48
Dirge 49
Quickslinger 50
Bludgeon 51

griffin
22nd April 2013, 01:37 PM
The codes are at the back on the red strip at the top. And for the codes http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=18954

What the... you posted up link to a news article at another site, that is using my photos and link back to this site anyway. Why not just post up our news link? (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14900)
:confused:

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd April 2013, 01:59 PM
So... Transformers Legends mobile game thingy seems to require a constant online connection. Does it use a lot of Dl-iness? And why does it need an online connection anyway?

ILikeSoundwave
22nd April 2013, 07:36 PM
What the... you posted up link to a news article at another site, that is using my photos and link back to this site anyway. Why not just post up our news link? (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14900)
:confused:

Opps, sorry I didnt know we had this:confused:

Paulbot
22nd April 2013, 07:53 PM
So... Transformers Legends mobile game thingy seems to require a constant online connection. Does it use a lot of Dl-iness? And why does it need an online connection anyway?

In the current "episode" there seems to be a big reliance on teaming up with allies. Otherwise there's probably no real need... They just want to show you ads. I don't think it downloads a lot except for when there's updates like the current episode, but I play it only on my unlimited wifi so haven't looked.

griffin
23rd April 2013, 12:11 AM
Opps, sorry I didnt know we had this:confused:

You don't *have* to, but it's odd to refer to a news topic on another site that just refers back to this site as to where they scavenged their info from.

griffin
27th April 2013, 01:50 AM
The recent Ehobby Shattered Glass Soundwave Vs Blaster set...

I'm guessing that the Ehobby version of the comic is in Japanese? If it was actually in English, then ignore the rest of this.

Does anyone know if the Collector Club just sold the exact same version as the JP Ehobby set (packaging and comic), or did they end up reprinting the comic with English instead of Japanese?

I'd prefer an English version of the comic if it did end up happening, but I can't seem to find any confirmation that FunPub ended up doing that. BBTS was only selling the JP version, not the FunPub/Club version, and people on ebay saying they got one from the Collector Club keep using stock images from Ehobby, because they kept it sealed, so can't verify if the comic inside is any different.

Did anyone end up getting one from the Collector Club, or import one from someone who had the US version... or can link to a site that shows images of the English comic?
If they didn't redo the comic, I'd just buy the cheapest set I can find, but if they did, I need to be able to make sure I am getting a US version set (if there is anything on the box to indicate it if still sealed).

Tober
27th April 2013, 02:11 AM
I have the eHobby set. The comic is in Japanese.

The TFCC version comic is in English, but the instructions are in Japanese.

griffin
27th April 2013, 02:40 AM
Ah thankyou... that answers the first part of the question - was it originally printed in Japanese. Now all I need to know is, if it was redone by FunPub in English. If so, then I need to track down a Club release... if not, then any set will do.

Tober
27th April 2013, 02:46 AM
Oh! Yes it was. :o

e-Hobby / TFCC Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster "Solar Requiem" Comic English Preview (http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/shopdetail/002001000014/)

griffin
27th April 2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah... That's pretty much what I had thought from way back when that was first announced, but I'm still yet to see any proof that they ended up "dubbing" the comic into English for the FunPub release. I would have thought there'd be images online somewhere by now, but none of my searches found any.

I ran that page through the translator, and it said...

English version will be attached to the product that the TCC ship

I guess the packaging was exactly the same though, so I wonder if there is any labelling on the outside to let you know for sure if you are getting the English or JP comic, or is the comic loose outside of the box?

On a side note - on that ehobby page you linked to, the background image is really nice (http://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/ehobbyshop/common/background01.png), featuring their various Gen1 exclusive redecoes.

griffin
27th April 2013, 01:40 PM
Sky Shadow says his is from the Collector Club and that his comic is in English comic... so that should be proof enough, until I get my hands on it. :p

uteiki
27th April 2013, 03:09 PM
hey Griffin,

here's a photo for you to compare...
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/uteiki/8D659940-1AF1-4D50-9C38-D266A9D92436-14657-0000148FDD281BF8_zps3db4200c.jpg (http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/uteiki/media/8D659940-1AF1-4D50-9C38-D266A9D92436-14657-0000148FDD281BF8_zps3db4200c.jpg.html)

Tober
27th April 2013, 04:41 PM
The comic is packed outside of the box, for the eHobby version at least. So I would imagine that the TFCC version was too. The comic (and sticker sheet) was loosely inserted into the opening flap of the box:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/014-3_zps846ff84c.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/014-3_zps846ff84c.jpg.html)

However it appears that both versions have exactly the same cover, including the Japanese text on the front. I doubt that there would be any variation in the boxes either. So if you order online at an auction you should be able to ask the seller if the comic is English or not without them opening the box.

uteiki
27th April 2013, 05:34 PM
I got both versions and both comics were packed outside the box. Comic covers are identical but the back of the comics are different. The e-hobby one has japanese wording and the TFCC one has english wording about the collaboration. And the TFCC one doesn't come with stickers. Both boxes look identical to me. I haven't opened up any so i can't tell you the difference of the contents.

griffin
27th April 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys. That sorts everything out for me, and anyone else interested in the set who wasn't sure.
I wasn't too keen on paying FunPub pricing and shipping, so was going to just get it from a secondary source like BBTS... but their listing was very vague, and they claimed that theirs was the JP version, and that they were not getting the US version in. Meanwhile, ebay listings were rare, and ones claiming to be the US version didn't show any proof of what they had (they only used official product images).

loophole
28th April 2013, 05:22 PM
Is australia expecting a local release for the Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen?

griffin
28th April 2013, 05:41 PM
We should, since it is only second wave... but these days, we just can't say anything is certain. :(

Sinnertwin
28th April 2013, 06:04 PM
Is australia expecting a local release for the Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen?

I think with that price point, we will. Im on annual leave at the moment, but if anybody has one, all they need to do to find out if he's in a stores system is to take the APN and ask for a price and quantity check. If it comes up in there systems, it's an indication (depending if they go through with the order and purchase) that he will be available.

spiderken17
28th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Is there a list of what new Generations figures are coming out with the whole "Thrilling 30" thing?

Trent
29th April 2013, 05:49 PM
To those of you with Ikea Detolfs, are the metal bars in it solid or hollow?

M-bot
30th April 2013, 07:36 AM
To those of you with Ikea Detolfs, are the metal bars in it solid or hollow?

Solid, as far as I can tell (and remember), but can't be 100%.

Sounds like you're thinking of modding one? There was a mod on TFW2005 where someone put 2 together to make one large cabinet, but I don't remember it involving cutting the bars. Very curious as to what you're thinking about!:)

Paulbot
30th April 2013, 02:07 PM
Are Detolfs compulsory? :) It seems like so many Transformers collectors have them.

I don't know what to do with my spare room and how (or even if) I want to display my robots in disguise. But those Detolfs seem quite beloved.

When I look at them in store, they don't seem to seal shut though so I guess it's some protection against dust but not air-tightness.

gamblor916
30th April 2013, 02:47 PM
Deltolfs are nice but the glass shelves are too far apart. Plus the gaps let in too much dust. Better to visit someplace that does office or store fitouts.

Trent
30th April 2013, 02:51 PM
Solid, as far as I can tell (and remember), but can't be 100%.

Sounds like you're thinking of modding one? There was a mod on TFW2005 where someone put 2 together to make one large cabinet, but I don't remember it involving cutting the bars. Very curious as to what you're thinking about!:)

I don't own one, hence my asking. But if the bars are hollow it would be very easy to run the wiring for lighting up the inside of the tubing to conceal it. Not so easy if they are solid.

Are Detolfs compulsory? :) It seems like so many Transformers collectors have them.

I don't know what to do with my spare room and how (or even if) I want to display my robots in disguise. But those Detolfs seem quite beloved.

When I look at them in store, they don't seem to seal shut though so I guess it's some protection against dust but not air-tightness.

I don't knowwhether to get them or not. I saw them in Ikea and the display models looked rather shabby. Things didn't line up and they looked kind of cheap. I need to do something though...

Sinnertwin
30th April 2013, 03:03 PM

They're the de-folt choice. Badoom tish
I was considering a few, but instead i'm looking at the display cabinets you see in most stores: brushed aluminium frame, 5 ft tall, sliding doors lockable, you guys get the idea :)

UltraMarginal
30th April 2013, 03:03 PM

I'd lean to more normal shelving with glass doors or some description. I have an IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors. it does a pretty good job of keeping off the dust but it's no where near big enough for my whole collection and kitting out a room with them would be very expensive. I'd second the shop/office fit out suggestion.

Sinnertwin
30th April 2013, 03:15 PM
Now that i think about it, I much prefer Billy over Detolf.

gamblor916
30th April 2013, 03:24 PM
There's plenty of nice cabinets on Gumtree too.

Trent
30th April 2013, 06:12 PM
I'd lean to more normal shelving with glass doors or some description. I have an IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors. it does a pretty good job of keeping off the dust but it's no where near big enough for my whole collection and kitting out a room with them would be very expensive. I'd second the shop/office fit out suggestion.

Hmmm. The Billys look quite good. Expensive though. The ikea site has them for $360 each. But there does seem to be a fair bit more space in them then in a Detolf.

GoktimusPrime
30th April 2013, 07:12 PM
Hmmm. The Billys look quite good. Expensive though. The ikea site has them for $360 each. But there does seem to be a fair bit more space in them then in a Detolf.
Billies usually cost about $80 in store. Anyway...

The bookcase in the corner in this shot is a Billy.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/collection2012_004.jpg

And here's an idea of its toy storage capacity...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_e_masterpiece.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_f_binaltech_a.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_f_binaltech_b.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_f_binaltech_c.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_i_animated_a.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_i_animated_b.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/th_collection2012_g_starwars.jpg
At the time this photo was taken, I had all my MPs, BTs/BTAs/ALTs, KPs, Alternities, Ti Series, Animated & SW Crossover TFs in my Billy (since then I've moved the KPs & Ti Series off to another shelf as I had to make more space for the more recent MPs (especially Hasbro MP10! :eek:)

Trent
30th April 2013, 07:23 PM
Billies usually cost about $80 in store.

I meant the glass door ones.

Paulbot
30th April 2013, 07:25 PM
To prevent derailing this thread anymore, I'd continue the conversation over here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=352769#post352769)

Trent
2nd May 2013, 07:36 PM
I'm curious as to people's thoughts as to whether we'll see a MP-11 mould Skywarp from either Takara or Hasbro. Skywarp is the only one I am missing and would really like him in the new mold, hence why I haven't bought one yet.

I am doubting that we will. The reasoning being as follows:

From the recent TRU Thundercracker release I get the impression that Hasbro doesn't see the difference between the moulds. TC has the instructions for the old mould and also the box art stated that it had interchangeable faces (which it didn't). I believe that Hasbro are of the opinion that they have now released all 3 seekers and they are done and dusted. IMO Acid Storm is further proof of this.

Takara I think are much the same. MP-11 was released to provide a proper masterpiece Starscream in the G1 colours, which previously did not exist in a Takara release. They obviously took the opportunity to improve upon the Greenscream mould while they were at it (whether you see it as an improvement over the original mould or not is irrelevant). So it would appear that Takara now see themselves as done with the seekers as well and have moved on.

Keen to hear others thoughts on this. TFW discusses this regularly but constantly mistake intelligent speculation with what they want. Eg: "Of course Takara will release TC and SW in the MP-11 mould. Why? Because I want them to.".:rolleyes:

Sky Shadow
2nd May 2013, 08:08 PM
Trent - I don't think there's any logic in Masterpiece releases. There are two possibilities:

1. There will be a Skywarp with the new mould because HasTakTom want to get the most out of the costs of producing it and they think he's a character who sells. Plus they love making black Masterpieces, even for no logical reason. Four black Masterpiece Rodimus/Optimuses... seriously?

2. There will not be a Skywarp with the new mould because both Japan and the US have already released a Masterpiece Skywarp and a ridiculous number of other Seekers. They've never even reissued or recoloured Megatron once and he's the leader of the Decepticons.

I also don't think anyone's speculation can help you - basically it's a 50%-50% crapshoot and if it does happen it could be anywhere between a year and twenty years. Personally, if I really wanted a Masterpiece Skywarp I'd buy the existing toy if I could find it at a decent price since a Skywarp in the hand is worth two in the aether.

Iriorne
3rd May 2013, 04:04 PM
Some have speculated that a Hasbro release of Skywarp in the new mould is unlikely as the original release was a chronic shelfwarmer, hanging around for years if some are to be believed, thus making retailers shy of Skywarp toys. This reasoning has also been used to explain why Hasbro are releasing FOC Thundercracker (can't remember if that was confirmed, but I thought I saw artwork floating about) while leaving TT to release Skywarp.

Sounds plausible, though whether there's any truth to it is a different matter.

I think we probably will see an MP-11 Skywarp at some point in the future, but likely not until they get a bunch of new repaints out of the way. It seems like a pretty obvious way to utilise the mould, given that the major development costs are already sunk but from a business perspective I think shiny new colour schemes are likely to be stronger sellers than re-releases of existing decos.

Mythirax
7th May 2013, 02:21 AM
So I've never ordered transformers from overseas before. More specific Big Bad Toy Store for example. I have about $3000 - $5000 worth of Transformers I'd be looking to get off of there if I make a purchase. Question is how should I go about it, do I attempt one big order? Or should I be splitting it up, so each order is just under $1000 (including postage?). I'm not sure what the best way is, and how much customs would impact a fee on the order, if I was to get one of this magnitude.

Thought or anyone who has done this before / link to a thread with more info towards this topic?

Cheers :D:D

Tober
7th May 2013, 03:11 AM
I'm curious as to people's thoughts as to whether we'll see a MP-11 mould Skywarp from either Takara or Hasbro. Skywarp is the only one I am missing and would really like him in the new mold, hence why I haven't bought one yet.

I am doubting that we will. The reasoning being as follows:

From the recent TRU Thundercracker release I get the impression that Hasbro doesn't see the difference between the moulds. TC has the instructions for the old mould and also the box art stated that it had interchangeable faces (which it didn't). I believe that Hasbro are of the opinion that they have now released all 3 seekers and they are done and dusted. IMO Acid Storm is further proof of this.

Takara I think are much the same. MP-11 was released to provide a proper masterpiece Starscream in the G1 colours, which previously did not exist in a Takara release. They obviously took the opportunity to improve upon the Greenscream mould while they were at it (whether you see it as an improvement over the original mould or not is irrelevant). So it would appear that Takara now see themselves as done with the seekers as well and have moved on.

Keen to hear others thoughts on this. TFW discusses this regularly but constantly mistake intelligent speculation with what they want. Eg: "Of course Takara will release TC and SW in the MP-11 mould. Why? Because I want them to.".:rolleyes:

Hasbro release, very unlikely. It was an exclusive and sold so poorly it went on clearance for $10 at some Walmart stores (supposedly).

Takara tends to release molds to their maximum potential. It's extremely expensive to create Masterpiece type molds (around $50-100K based on similar molds from other companies). I would expect to see MP Thundercracker and Skywarp from them, although I'm surprised they haven't already been announced yet, ditto the Coneheads...

Tober
7th May 2013, 03:21 AM
So I've never ordered transformers from overseas before. More specific Big Bad Toy Store for example. I have about $3000 - $5000 worth of Transformers I'd be looking to get off of there if I make a purchase. Question is how should I go about it, do I attempt one big order? Or should I be splitting it up, so each order is just under $1000 (including postage?). I'm not sure what the best way is, and how much customs would impact a fee on the order, if I was to get one of this magnitude.

Thought or anyone who has done this before / link to a thread with more info towards this topic?

There is a box size limit for shipments, which would largely defeat the purpose of large volume shipping. So I would ship in sub $1000 lots anyway.

Just be aware that customs can accumulate shipments over a short period of time, although it has hasn't happened to me, yet. Although I don't make much of a habit of it and I've never exceeded $2000 over a week.

I don't think postage factors into the customs sums. Just what's on the declaration form.

Sinnertwin
7th May 2013, 06:50 AM

Stick with shipments under 1k. You can find details under the calculator link
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Iriorne
7th May 2013, 09:08 AM
I don't think postage factors into the customs sums. Just what's on the declaration form.

It's only counted if you exceed $1000 of goods value, then they'll slug you customs duty and GST on it.

Running some numbers quickly, assuming you only bought complete 8 figure Generations cases:

9 cases: $950 goods value, $212 shipping

Total cost $1156

45 cases: $4725 goods value, $920 shipping, $282 customs fee, $593 GST

Total cost $6520

The equivalent total cost for 5 shipments of 9 cases is $5780, so you save nearly $750 by splitting shipments.

Shipping costs will be dependent on what you order and how efficiently it can be packed, but once you get to that level it scales almost linearly so it's unlikely to make a huge difference either way.

Mythirax
7th May 2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the answers guys, covers most of it. With the 'goods' value though. Does that mean shipping isn't included in the $1000? So I could technically spend $999 and have $300 postage, making it $1299. And it wouldn't break the limit?

Iriorne
7th May 2013, 03:46 PM
Yep, but if you spent $1000 with $300 shipping you pay customs duty and GST on the $1300.

You can check back in this thread from post 5860 onwards for a bit more info on this. Can't work out how to link to a point in the thread, only to a specific post.

UltraMarginal
7th May 2013, 03:56 PM
Yep, but if you spent $1000 with $300 shipping you pay customs duty and GST on the $1300.

You can check back in this thread from post 5860 onwards for a bit more info on this. Can't work out how to link to a point in the thread, only to a specific post.

I'm pretty sure you wouldnt have to pay customs on a shipment like that. I've shipped a large amount like that from BBTS in the past and had no problems. as long as the shipping amount is itemised seperately to the goods value.

Iriorne
7th May 2013, 04:19 PM
Oops, I misread the wording of the threshold. You'd be fine at $1000 goods value and $300 shipping, no extra charges.

If you had $1001 of goods you'd be hit for duty and GST though. The Customs website explicitly states that the shipping costs are included in calculation of the payable GST for orders over $1000. I'll I've done is apply the rules as stated by Customs - how they're applied in practice may differ, and you may get away without additional charges. At least it shouldn't be any more expensive than if you apply the rules correctly. :)

Note that the threshold value is in AUD so you'll gain an exchange rate advantage coming from the US. Also Customs may choose to value your goods themselves if they believe the declared value to be fraudulent, which may mean you get assessed based on Australian RRP rather than US. I'd say this is pretty unlikely, though.

liegeprime
7th May 2013, 04:21 PM
With bbts they declare only the amount of the items, they don't include the shipping cost so if your items/merchandise is 1000 or below, should be alright.

Mythirax
7th May 2013, 04:42 PM
Awesome thanks guys :D

kurdt_the_goat
8th May 2013, 10:58 AM
Picked up a Hasbro reissue Astrotrain (this one (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/212/)) recently and noticed the packaging has red/blue stickers on the inside of his tailfin (only visible in robot mode) ... but such stickers don't exist on the sheet! Were they excluded on everyone's or supposed to be tampo'd or something?

GoktimusPrime
8th May 2013, 11:46 AM
The red-blue stickers should indeed be on the inside of the tail fins as they decorate the breastplate in robot mode (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach/4/0/5/9/7/astro04_1233782344.jpg). I got this toy 10 years ago now (holy cow!), so I cannot remember if the stickers were on the original sheet or if they were factory applied - but they should definitely be there. If not, I'd enquire about a refund/exchange.

Trent
8th May 2013, 01:03 PM
I've had him for quite a few years now as well. (Bought him on clearance at Toyworld Kiama for ~$10). but only got around to applying the stickers a few months ago. The inside tailfin ones were definately factory applied.

kurdt_the_goat
8th May 2013, 01:31 PM
Fail! I picked it up at Nexus so i guess i'll try make my own sometime.. thanks for the help guys.

Sinnertwin
8th May 2013, 01:47 PM
Fail! I picked it up at Nexus so i guess i'll try make my own sometime.. thanks for the help guys.

Reprolabels? From what i remember some of the Hasbro Reissues had poor sticker quality, real thin and flimsy

kurdt_the_goat
8th May 2013, 02:33 PM
I've toyed with the idea in the past but never ended up ordering anything from them, i just don't think stickers are worth even the fairly cheap prices they charge! In this case though, just one sticker is easy enough for me to do myself... sometime :)

GoktimusPrime
8th May 2013, 05:03 PM
I think Reprolabels' prices are okay. I'd buy some if I had PayPal (they don't accept payments by other means :().

Trent
8th May 2013, 10:49 PM
I think Reprolabels' prices are okay. I'd buy some if I had PayPal (they don't accept payments by other means :().

Gok, I'll be doing an order in the next few months. If you make a list of what you want I'll order it and drop off at the next Parra fair (wont be this one coming up though, the one after).

Oh and how's everyone's classics Jetfire going? I pulled mine out the other day, he was in a box in a wardrobe, and he is yellowing slightly :( It's only a little bit but definately noticeable, mainly on his back/top of jet. I've only had him about a year and the last 6 of those months have been spent in a dark wardrobe in our spare room.:confused:

Could a few of you check yours and report back?

Sinnertwin
8th May 2013, 11:00 PM

Mine's in storage, i'll let you know when i do.

Gouki
9th May 2013, 06:09 AM
Gok, I'll be doing an order in the next few months. If you make a list of what you want I'll order it and drop off at the next Parra fair (wont be this one coming up though, the one after).

Oh and how's everyone's classics Jetfire going? I pulled mine out the other day, he was in a box in a wardrobe, and he is yellowing slightly :( It's only a little bit but definately noticeable, mainly on his back/top of jet. I've only had him about a year and the last 6 of those months have been spent in a dark wardrobe in our spare room.:confused:

I don't have Jetfire, but I've been slowly watching my Classics Megatron's orange go from fiery to... peach.

Ultra Mackness
9th May 2013, 08:11 AM
@Kurdt: Here's a couple of quick picks I took of my reissue Astrotrain. The Stickers you're talking about were factory applied to mine. You'll see in the instruction sheet though that it contents diagram has a sticker sheet with those shapes clearly on it and the placement guide shot has stickers 1 and 2 as those, even though they didn't come with the reissue. From memory the pictures in the diagram are undetailed versions of a Japanese release, although the actual sticker sheet has Japanese script and no tail fin stickers.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/eaglenest/IMAG0395_zpsdfa10c52.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/eaglenest/media/IMAG0395_zpsdfa10c52.jpg.html)

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/eaglenest/IMAG0396_zps6cf3761b.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/eaglenest/media/IMAG0396_zps6cf3761b.jpg.html)

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/eaglenest/IMAG0397_zps0e5e20e6.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/eaglenest/media/IMAG0397_zps0e5e20e6.jpg.html)

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/eaglenest/IMAG0398_zps65b75f19.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/eaglenest/media/IMAG0398_zps65b75f19.jpg.html)

@Trent: Had a look at my (Hasbro) Classics Jetfire this morning. I keep him MIB in a room with minimal sunlight. I picked him up when he was released so he's been kept in that room the entire time and no signs of yellowing. I wonder, is it also damaging to white plastic to keep it completely removed from light? Possibly not as damaging as keeping it in direct sunlight but damaging nonetheless?

Sinnertwin
9th May 2013, 08:46 AM
Trent, had a look at Jetfire, no yellowing that i could notice. Magnus on the other hand isn't as bright as he used to be. Dulling down on the white, not yellowing if that makes sense.

liegeprime
9th May 2013, 11:37 PM

Set up one Gok, it's easy. I got my Debit/credit bank card (where my salary goes in) attached to it as it is the most convenient/safest way to pay online/ overseas.

@Trent: my Jetfire is loose and on display, but then I keep my display room sunlight free ... he's still white, no yellowing.

Sky Shadow
10th May 2013, 12:15 PM
Has anyone ever had a gun Transformer seized by customs and - if so - was there anything you could do about it? I'd at least like my box and accessories even if they won't give me back the main body.

griffin
10th May 2013, 12:43 PM
Quite a few people had theirs seized when MP5 came out, and even someone recently mentioned it I think. Perhaps do a search for "customs" or "Seized" and see if anything recent comes up.

I think, if you don't have a permit to have the gun part, you won't have much luck with the extras, as they appear to be classed the same as guns (at least in QLD).

gamblor916
10th May 2013, 01:26 PM
Contact Tiby and apply first for the club membership at megatron.net.au then Firearms NSW if you really want it back. I'd say you're looking at getting it all back or none of it.

UltraMarginal
13th May 2013, 04:55 PM
So I got the reissue Devastator recently, the one with the animated head. I like it, it's very simple in some ways but still very impressive given the design is 30 years old.

When I combine all six figures, it seems to have a bit of a forward lean, is this normal or is there a chance that I haven't popped everything in place properly? I note that some of the conncections in the hip/waist area are very tight.

griffin
14th May 2013, 12:11 AM
Mine had a lean too. Looks like something could be off with the clearance of the waist piece into LongHaul... probably from mould degradation, or over-correction of mould degradation that's made it too tight.

UltraMarginal
14th May 2013, 11:54 AM
I finished putting all the stickers on last night, I'll re-combine tonight and see how it looks.
so the original devastator didn't have a lean on it?

Sinnertwin
14th May 2013, 12:14 PM
I finished putting all the stickers on last night, I'll re-combine tonight and see how it looks.

Be careful of Mixmaster's rubsign, it gets slightly damaged when it comes into contact with the connector. It did on my regular Encore version.

Sky Shadow
14th May 2013, 12:22 PM
Be careful of Mixmaster's rubsign, it gets slightly damaged when it comes into contact with the connector. It did on my regular Encore version.

It did on the original too - the only way to keep it pristine is to never combine into Devastator.

UltraMarginal
14th May 2013, 01:08 PM

I noticed that happening, I've actually cut a small square out of it so the rest doesn't get stretched. thanks for the heads up though:cool:

DELTAprime
14th May 2013, 03:44 PM
Hey guys. I'm wondering what insurance companies you guys use to insure your collection? I'm after a good price with reasonable terms and conditions. Or do you not insure your collection specially? The cost seems rather high and I kinda feel I'd rather put that money into new TFs.

The best quote we have on the house and contents is from Comm Bank, but they have the unreasonable condition that I have to find an expert to value my collection and give an official replacement value. I am trying to classify them as toys not collectibles as the info on TFW and Seibertron says to get them classify them as toys.

iamirondude
14th May 2013, 06:31 PM
suncorp are good as they will insure it seperately from ur home and contents insurance but it doesnt cost any extra but there is a limit tho im not sure what it's set at.

UltraMarginal
14th May 2013, 10:35 PM
So I got the reissue Devastator recently, the one with the animated head. I like it, it's very simple in some ways but still very impressive given the design is 30 years old.

When I combine all six figures, it seems to have a bit of a forward lean, is this normal or is there a chance that I haven't popped everything in place properly? I note that some of the conncections in the hip/waist area are very tight.

Mine had a lean too. Looks like something could be off with the clearance of the waist piece into LongHaul... probably from mould degradation, or over-correction of mould degradation that's made it too tight.

As a follow up, I recombined tonight, the connector to longhaul is very tight. I need to attach it while in truck mode.

I've figured out a way of making devastator stand up straight.
there are two locking positions for longhauls legs/tray the first position doesn't lock hard but if you leave him in that configuration instead of locked all the way forward it corrects any lean and Devastator stands straight up at attention.:cool::D

griffin
16th May 2013, 01:58 PM
Autobot equivalent of the Seeker? (a mould that is most used for multiple characters, not redecos)

Hasbro & TakaraTomy obviously love the "Seeker" concept, as it means instant multiple reuse potential of a mould to make the most money from it. And not satisfied with just the classic six, they have since created two new characters for the mould (Sunstorm and AcidStorm/Wing).

So.... what do you think is the most equivalent Autobot mould?
Originally it was 3 with the Gen1 Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mould, which continues right up to this year with the Masterpiece line.
Sideswipe and Red Alert had two limited-edition obscure character redecos squeezed out of it's mould at one stage (Deep Cover and Tigertrack), so there is a future potential for four characters from any Sideswipe mould.
The Classicverse Jazz mould managed to squeeze out Wheelie, Treadshot*, Shockwave*, Kick-Over/Off and Stepper... although three of those were a stretch of the imagination, and isn't Stepper supposed to be Jazz anyway?
And then we have Bumblebee. Forever cheaply redone in red as Cliffjumper, it also has the potential to be Goldbug, Bugbite* or even Hubcap or Bumblejumper (if they can do Cliffjumper, and at least give it a new head).
(* = not Autobots, so don't count to the tally)

Now it seems there is a new character "class", that can be squeezed out of the one mould. TFPrime Commander Ironhide - so far with four toys, being redone as Kup, Trailcutter/breaker and Huffer already, with the potential to be Hoist, Gears and Swerve. (Hoist was already a reworked Trailbreaker, while Gears and Swerve were pickup trucks in Gen1).

It's kinda odd that with Movie Irohide being a pickup truck as well, out of all those Ironhide toy moulds, none (including the TFPrime pickup truck mould) were done as Gears or Swerve.

According to tfu.info, the most recent toys of Gears (http://www.tfu.info/1984/Autobot/Gears/gears.htm) and Swerve (http://www.tfu.info/1986/Autobot/Swerve/swerve.htm) are very few, and aside from one Swerve toy, they are hardly homages to their Gen1 versions. Perhaps they should redeco the TFPrime Ironhide mould into Gears and Swerve to fill a couple holes in the Classicverse line.

It also raises another question - if there have been Decepticon characters made from Autobot redecos, have we ever had an Autobot character created from a Seeker mould? (Aside from Botshots and Legions/Legends, which are just cheap/lazy imitation Aerialbots, so don't count)

Sky Shadow
16th May 2013, 03:34 PM
Clamp Down as well for the Red Alert mould. Plus, since OTFCC Punch was a remould of 'Classics' Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert he could be added to the lineup, which would make seven similar Autobots with Tigertrack and Deep Cover. (If Tigertrack can be differentiated from Sunstreaker. If not, it's six. Which is a good number for Seekers.)

UltraMarginal
16th May 2013, 05:37 PM
I'd say the nissan fairlady z cars are probably the most like the seekers. 3 characters from the same mold with little or no difference than a change of paint. The repaints have carried on through different lines of the toys also. as you mentioned the MP's coming out later this year.

I think the only acceptable multi mold uses these days are reflections of the multi mold uses of g1, the use of generations Jazz for all those other chracters is a bit weak, especially wheelie, it's not a neat parrallell of the orighial wheelie. I much prefer the legends wheelie. JaZz was pretty much a standalone toy, the ricochet toy was released years later as a limited edition.

UltraMarginal
16th May 2013, 05:39 PM
Does anyone have a lot of experiance with AMI AMI? how is their shipping? I've noticed that it's not calculated prior to payment.
what is the cheapest shipping method from them, is it SAL or something else?

lancalot
16th May 2013, 07:00 PM
Does anyone have a lot of experiance with AMI AMI? how is their shipping? I've noticed that it's not calculated prior to payment.
what is the cheapest shipping method from them, is it SAL or something else?

I bought from them just recently ...but i opt for EMS .... so it was very fast...but wasn't cheap... $20 shipping cost for a figma figure..
here their shipping pricing ...
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

Ae-Evolution
19th May 2013, 12:27 AM
I want to order a couple of items from bbts via the POL system, I'm just curious on the shipping, does UPS shipping cap off at around $100 -$120, as I've seen form other people's orders? I'm only ordering small to medium items (Voyagers, lots of deluxes, 1/8 figures so on).

UltraMarginal
20th May 2013, 05:03 PM
I want to order a couple of items from bbts via the POL system, I'm just curious on the shipping, does UPS shipping cap off at around $100 -$120, as I've seen form other people's orders? I'm only ordering small to medium items (Voyagers, lots of deluxes, 1/8 figures so on).

the more stuff you add the more it costs, it's a weight based system though with a flagfall, so if you buy one thing it's pretty expensive shipping, but if you buy lots the shipping works out to be good value.

Golden Phoenix
20th May 2013, 05:11 PM

You can have the POL sit there for up to 6months (I have only ever had one pile last that long, it actually went over by a month, but I don't think they really care too much about that).

Keep an eye out for things you might be interested in, or ask around and see if anyone was interesting in going in on anything.

Verno
21st May 2013, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know what a good price is for a Beast Machines Noble Savage?

And also where I could get one? Sealed, or complete with card would be ideal.

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2013, 04:37 PM
Eeerk... unfortunately that toy never came out in Australia, so good luck finding it. It is a pretty good toy though for what it is. :) No idea how much this toy is selling for these days. :/

Mythirax
21st May 2013, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know what a good price is for a Beast Machines Noble Savage?

And also where I could get one? Sealed, or complete with card would be ideal.

Randomly found this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380465512792&item=380465512792&vectorid=229466), any help?

Verno
21st May 2013, 08:01 PM
Randomly found this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380465512792&item=380465512792&vectorid=229466), any help?

Cheers mate. A little more than I'm willing to pay, but cheers anyway :cool:

GoktimusPrime
21st May 2013, 09:11 PM
I think the price of that toy's alright. But the postage is a killer. Yeeesh! :(

SuspectimusPrime
23rd May 2013, 10:43 PM
Mine is still MISB - just checked my P&L and looks like I picked for $24 including postage from the US in Dec 2010. That's an amazing amount of time considering how I've been waiting for the right occasion to open it.

theheretic
24th May 2013, 09:26 AM
Could someone tell me who this is? Please.http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/theheretic17/HFTD/73E49A12-8F6E-4BA5-90F8-B49395258AD4-8292-000008FA1C6AF3A4_zpsf3b40141.jpg

Paulbot
24th May 2013, 09:39 AM
Could someone tell me who this is? Please.http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/theheretic17/HFTD/73E49A12-8F6E-4BA5-90F8-B49395258AD4-8292-000008FA1C6AF3A4_zpsf3b40141.jpg

Stalker (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Stalker_%28G1%29)

theheretic
24th May 2013, 09:42 AM
Cheers :-)

liegeprime
24th May 2013, 08:03 PM
So TF Go has these 3 new figures coming out - KenZan Jinbu and Ganou - just who are these in English version? - could the police car be Prowl? The other two are - a yellow jet and a Fire truck.

Sinnertwin
24th May 2013, 08:36 PM
So TF Go has these 3 new figures coming out - KenZan Jinbu and Ganou - just who are these in English version? - could the police car be Prowl? The other two are - a yellow jet and a Fire truck.

These appear to be stand alone characters. That doesn't stop anybody from repurposing them into whoever :) Cab or Shūta Gō come to mind.
There's also a second, ninja themed team: Gekisōmaru, Sensuimaru and Hishōmaru

i_amtrunks
24th May 2013, 09:30 PM

Since they do not have show characters they could be anyone, Fearswoop and Hosehead? Thrust and Inferno? :p

Why not go Beast Wars with the names, Prowl Ironhide and Silverbolt?

Danzvader78
24th May 2013, 09:57 PM

I have him...which I recently acquired last week. What kind of weapon did he come with?

i_amtrunks
24th May 2013, 10:05 PM
I have him...which I recently acquired last week. What kind of weapon did he come with?

A giant white missile, a small green radar dish looking add on and a brown/gold missile launcher. Also came with 8 green missiles. Stalker at tfu.info (http://www.tfu.info/1992/Decepticon/Stalker/stalker.htm)

Sinnertwin
24th May 2013, 10:06 PM

Missed it by that much :p

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2013, 10:09 PM
Missile launcher/gun, green missiles (x5) and that massive missile/rocket scope thing. ;) He also came with a little radar dish. Unlike Machine Wars Soundwave, Stalker's scope works well with the small Predator jets. For some reason (possibly due to mould degradation??) the scope gimmick doesn't work so well on MW Soundwave - I tried it once... the jet clipped on well, but it was really hard to remove! (I felt like I was going to break the toy doing it! :eek:) - so I really don't recommend every trying it. But it works fine on Stalker. :) At least, with my toys anyway. :o

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th May 2013, 02:42 PM

I am curious about the TF GO! What is the catch to the line? Is it three bot gestalts? I sorta want them...:p

Sinnertwin
25th May 2013, 03:38 PM
I am curious about the TF GO! What is the catch to the line? Is it three bot gestalts? I sorta want them...:p

From what ive read, You can mix and match as each member can form either the legs, lower torso or upper torso of their respective teams gestalt

Trent
28th May 2013, 09:57 PM
A question mainly aimed at all the MISB collectors, but opinions by all are invited:

I understand that one (not all) of the major appeals of MISB collecting is the perceived investment side of things. If a toy kept MISB then theoretically (depending on the toy of course) it will be worth more in years to come then a MIB or loose version.

What happens if after said years pass, item X has significantly increased in value and you decide to sell and reap the profits. So you find a buyer and collect a handsome sum for your MISB item. Then while you are fanning yourself with your massive wad of cash and thinking yourself a much younger and better looking Warren Buffett, you get a message from the buyer saying that he has opened item X and found that there is a problem. Lets say the head is missing or some other sort of factory fault. Is this a case of Caveat Emptor as this is a no longer available 2nd hand item and you are not a business or do you consider yourself just as responsible as a business like say TRU or BBTS and offer some form of compensation, either a partial or full refund, thus defeating the purpose of the whole MISB thing. (I understand this would be a rare event of course. Unless you bought and are currently trying to offload 50 V1 MP Roddy's. then you're in trouble.)

So… thoughts? Comments? Shut up Trent??

Megatron
28th May 2013, 10:21 PM
A question mainly aimed at all the MISB collectors, but opinions by all are invited:

I understand that one (not all) of the major appeals of MISB collecting is the perceived investment side of things. If a toy kept MISB then theoretically (depending on the toy of course) it will be worth more in years to come then a MIB or loose version.

What happens if after said years pass, item X has significantly increased in value and you decide to sell and reap the profits. So you find a buyer and collect a handsome sum for your MISB item. Then while you are fanning yourself with your massive wad of cash and thinking yourself a much younger and better looking Warren Buffett, you get a message from the buyer saying that he has opened item X and found that there is a problem. Lets say the head is missing or some other sort of factory fault. Is this a case of Caveat Emptor as this is a no longer available 2nd hand item and you are not a business or do you consider yourself just as responsible as a business like say TRU or BBTS and offer some form of compensation, either a partial or full refund, thus defeating the purpose of the whole MISB thing. (I understand this would be a rare event of course. Unless you bought and are currently trying to offload 50 V1 MP Roddy's. then you're in trouble.)

Good question.. I've never thought about that before.

I would say that, for a MISB item that is no longer available, especially if vintage, that yes it is indeed buyer beware. As a MISB collector, I do try to make sure as much as possible that the item is genuinely MISB and that the packaging and, if viewable, the contents inside the packaging have no discernible flaws, etc. but beyond that no one can guarantee the toy is free of any defects without actually taking it outside the box (de-MISBing it :p).

So, generally the responsibility of a seller to ensure that their MISB item is problem free can only go so far. If the item is a new release, then the seller should offer an exchange/refund, but for something vintage, it's generally understood that the item is "sold as is" and the fact that it is still MISB, flawed or not, is the main selling point.

GoktimusPrime
28th May 2013, 10:36 PM
From the ACCC website:
-----------------------------
Second-hand goods
Consumers’ statutory rights apply whether the goods are new, ‘seconds’ or second-hand. Depending on the circumstances, a consumer can expect these goods will meet the statutory conditions and warranties.....
For example, a second-hand vacuum cleaner should work without the requirement of any immediate repairs if it has been sold for the purpose of vacuuming (and not spare parts). Depending on factors like price and age, it may not be reasonable to expect it will last as long, or perform to the same standard as a new one.

If something goes wrong - checklist
The following checklists may help you work out if you are entitled to a refund or other kind of remedy. If you have a problem with goods you bought, ask yourself these questions:
• Did the fault happen even though you followed the manufacturer’s instructions?
• Did the problem happen even though you took care of the item (for example, you didn’t drop it)?
• Was it unreasonable for the goods to have a problem when you consider their price, quality and age?
• Have you found out the seller did not own the goods he or she sold to you?
• Have you found that you cannot use the goods for the purpose you bought them for, even though you explained it to the salesperson?
• Are the goods you received different from the description you were given at the shop, or do not match the sample you were shown?
If the answer to any of these questions was ‘yes’, then the goods may not meet one or more of the statutory conditions.....
If you think this is the case, you may be entitled to a refund or other remedy.
Stop using the goods and take care of them until you are able to return them or notify the business of the problem.
-----------------------------
http://transition.accc.gov.au/content/item.phtml?itemId=322947&nodeId=0d27732a8eba631f0d2ea13ccf345092&fn=Warranties%20and%20refunds.pdf
http://transition.accc.gov.au/content/item.phtml?itemId=963175&nodeId=cbe0411ccf8d0b8fbf2bdbacea75046f&fn=Consumer%20guarantees%20a%20guide%20for%20consu mers.pdf

DELTAprime
28th May 2013, 11:06 PM

This gets me thinking that maybe I should open my MISB TF's. I have no problem with MIB, almost every Takara TF I own is MIB, and it would give me piece of mind about what condition everything is in.

Iriorne
28th May 2013, 11:17 PM
Ah, Schrödinger's toy box. It exists in a superposition of flawless and broken states until you open the box and collapse the wave function. You can always take your MISB toys to the airport, feed them through the security scanner and try and catch a glimpse on the screen. Or buy your own (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dynavision-Model-400A-Conveyorized-X-Ray-Scanner-XRAY-CONVEYOR-/390558218360?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item5aef157878&_uhb=1) if you've got $5000 to spare. :)

The MISB issue is something I've thought about before, though in the context of buying rather than selling, and it's why I always make sure there's a returns policy when buying on Ebay. Australian consumer guarantees do not cover one-off private sales so I would say that in this case, as a buyer, you're out of luck unless the seller has a returns policy. Similarly, as a seller, I don't think you'd be obliged to provide a refund as long as you clearly state this up front.

If the item is sold as part of a business then your rights under consumer law should still apply and you are entitled to the seller's choice of refund, repair or replacement for minor problems or your choice of refund, repair or compensation for value loss for major issues.

Unless you bought and are currently trying to offload 50 V1 MP Roddy's. then you're in trouble.

Yep, in this case you're buying to re-sell so you (and not your supplier) are required to fulfil the consumer guarantees. Whether you can then seek compensation from further up the supply chain is your problem. The main issue would be in proving that it wasn't a one-off sale. Easy if you sell all 50 at once on Ebay, but harder if you sell in individual lots over a period of time. If you were careful, it would probably be more trouble for the buyer than it's worth to try and prove you were liable.

More info: Australian Consumer Law: Consumer Guarantees (http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/content/the_acl/downloads/consumer_guarantees_guide.pdf)

lancalot
29th May 2013, 12:41 AM
Also about the leaking batteries debate as well.... The sold item when open has a totally destroyed battery compartment ...what then? who responsibility will that be?

griffin
29th May 2013, 01:21 AM
A second hand item that is sealed, is at the risk of the buyer... so be sure that it is sealed or has a window when buying it.
A buyer should be aware and accept that a non-retail figure that is old, the contents are not the responsibility of the seller if it was sold in good faith by a seller who did not open the packaging. If the item is in there but is faulty, it is not something the seller did to the item, as they had no contact with it, so isn't responsible. It just sucks if you bought it and now have to buy another.

However.... If the seller had never opened the box and it had no window to pre-verify the contents, BUT the item inside had been swapped out before the seller bought it, then that would be a messy situation that would be difficult to resolve, as the current buyer would think the seller ripped him off, while the seller would be thinking the buyer is scamming a refund.
It would be one for ebay to sort out...

Trent
14th June 2013, 11:04 PM
How often do Robot Kingdom have sales? They have an item I want but am not prepared to pay what they are currently asking. However I have been keeping an eye on the stock levels and it doesn't really appear to be selling that well. So I'm hoping they will knock 10-20% off it in the near future thus convincing me to pick it up.

And thinking about it, I can't really remember them putting much stuff on sale :confused:

Hursticon
15th June 2013, 04:32 AM
How often do Robot Kingdom have sales? They have an item I want but am not prepared to pay what they are currently asking. However I have been keeping an eye on the stock levels and it doesn't really appear to be selling that well. So I'm hoping they will knock 10-20% off it in the near future thus convincing me to pick it up.

And thinking about it, I can't really remember them putting much stuff on sale :confused:

To be honest mate I don't think they ever have, not during the time I've been purchasing from them at least anyway :o - They more often tend to simply discount old stock that wont move, or when stock numbers of a certain item become extremely low. ;)
(Made huge savings myself in this regard with 3 sets of Reissue Micromaster combiners & 90% of my TF: Animated collection :cool:)

Basically, you just have to trawl the site regularly & occasionally you'll come across a bargain - It's infrequent though. :)

Ae-Evolution
16th June 2013, 01:07 AM
Does this forum have a Facebook page or group by any chance?

griffin
16th June 2013, 04:07 AM
There is a facebook page somewhere, but I'm not on facebook... it should just be ozformers though, if I remember correctly.

liegeprime
16th June 2013, 06:56 AM
Does this forum have a Facebook page or group by any chance?

yes look for Goktimus' profile he'd have a link in his profile somewhere for an OTCA one, there not a lot of members in it yet.

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2013, 10:37 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7620189148/?fref=ts

theheretic
19th June 2013, 05:21 PM
So I got platinum Ultra Magnus yesterday and noticed a 03 of 30 for 30th anniversary sticker. Do we have a list of this line somewhere?

nexusnixx
19th June 2013, 10:50 PM
I believe the first is Platinum edition Optimus Prime (Year of the Snake) and the second is Platinum edition Omega supreme (Year of the Snake)

Sinnertwin
19th June 2013, 10:52 PM
So I got platinum Ultra Magnus yesterday and noticed a 03 of 30 for 30th anniversary sticker. Do we have a list of this line somewhere?

A full list of 1-30? Not yet, AFAIK. Although the Grimlock v Bruticus set looks like it's #4
Interestingly, OP isnt numbered. Seems like this platinum 30 business was an afterthought.
After a quick look at Magnus, the 3 of 30 is a sticker and not print on the box.

Bidoofdude
20th June 2013, 05:58 PM
Wasn't there one that said Platinum Predaking somewhere? :confused:Maybe it's G1 with some gold stuff or something. :cool:

Sinnertwin
20th June 2013, 09:58 PM
Wasn't there one that said Platinum Predaking somewhere? :confused:Maybe it's G1 with some gold stuff or something. :cool:

There's the 2010 reissue D78 Predaking (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Predaking_(G1)#Toys) boxset with the gold paint you mentioned. ?

Bidoofdude
21st June 2013, 11:39 AM
There was some reading in some Asian catalogue (the one that had Grim vs Brute) that also had Platinum Predaking or something.

Sinnertwin
21st June 2013, 12:41 PM
There was some reading in some Asian catalogue (the one that had Grim vs Brute) that also had Platinum Predaking or something.

Ah, yes, the Malaysian toy stores solicitation listings:

Cybertroncon Shockwave's Lab & BH OP
Plat. Ed. Chinese New Year Supreme Class Starsceam
Plat. Ed. Chinese New Year RiD Ultra Magnus
Plat. Ed. Predaking
Plat. Ed. Grimlock vs Bruticus

Trent
21st June 2013, 05:27 PM
Ah, yes, the Malaysian toy stores solicitation listings:

Cybertroncon Shockwave's Lab & BH OP
Plat. Ed. Chinese New Year Supreme Class Starsceam
Plat. Ed. Chinese New Year RiD Ultra Magnus
Plat. Ed. Predaking
Plat. Ed. Grimlock vs Bruticus

More likely to be Prime Predaking than G1.

Tober
21st June 2013, 06:17 PM
Are there any pics of the Japanese Beast Fire (Ultimate) Predaking deco yet? I like the mold but the Hasbro deco is... lacking... :o

Firestorm
21st June 2013, 07:50 PM
Are there any pics of the Japanese Beast Fire (Ultimate) Predaking deco yet? I like the mold but the Hasbro deco is... lacking... :o

this is the only pic I know of
Dragotron: Final Battle
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/BMnuX_hCEAAO9FA_1371156071.jpg
so it isn't at all screen accurate but is quite shiny and.... red

MY QUESTION

What parts of Beast Hunters Skystalker are made with that swirly plastic?

Tober
21st June 2013, 09:19 PM
this is the only pic I know of
Dragotron: Final Battle

so it isn't at all screen accurate but is quite shiny and.... red

MY QUESTION

What parts of Beast Hunters Skystalker are made with that swirly plastic?
Thanks for the pic. :)

I don't know the answer to that question tho. :o