PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2013, 10:12 PM
Is that release of the Seacon mold really that terrible or did Peaugh just get one with bad QC?
Mine are fine.

DELTAprime
27th August 2013, 10:26 PM
Cool. I'll pick them up since all you guys had no issues. My first Monsterbots.

Hursticon
27th August 2013, 10:38 PM
Is that release of the Seacon mold really that terrible or did Peaugh just get one with bad QC?

Mine was fine too, save for some "How-ya-goin" factory sticker placement & one of the limb-bots slipping slightly under the strain of weight from the Gestalt in leg-mode, but otherwise it was/is great. ;):cool:

griffin
28th August 2013, 12:05 AM
For just $30 for six Gen1 toys that combine... who cares. :D
(if you do get any QC issues, they should only be minor, and that price still makes it worth it)

GoktimusPrime
28th August 2013, 09:09 AM
My first Monsterbots.
I'd love to see the Monsterbots reissued, though I don't know if their sparking gimmick would pass current day toy safety standards. :o ;) And as others have said, at $30 you're laughing. Heck, I'm vicariously laughin' for ya! :D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-cliffjumperdance.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_fabio_lol.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-cliffjumperdance.gif

Jetfire in the sky
28th August 2013, 08:13 PM
For just $30 for six Gen1 toys that combine... who cares. :D
(if you do get any QC issues, they should only be minor, and that price still makes it worth it)

How the mighty have fallen (in value) :p

tinyJazz
29th August 2013, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking about picking up Takara's versions of FoC Magnus and Shockwave, but before I decide I'd like to see how the scale with Laser Prime. If somebody could take a pic of them (Magnus, Shockwave and Laser Prime) I'd be really grateful.

Took me a while to find shockers, but here you are:

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/tinyJazz/Mangoes_and_friends_zps2f94540e.jpg

Takara Magnus, Club Scourge and Hasbro Shockwave. I was surprised, they actually scale really well. I'm not about to transform Magnus any time soon, I just opened him and his shoulder ball joints are really stiff.

Cat
29th August 2013, 01:44 AM
I'd love to see the Monsterbots reissued, though I don't know if their sparking gimmick would pass current day toy safety standards. :o ;) And as others have said, at $30 you're laughing. Heck, I'm vicariously laughin' for ya! :D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-cliffjumperdance.gifhttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_fabio_lol.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-cliffjumperdance.gif

Sparking gimmicks in toys aren't allowed anymore.

Blame Barbie and hairspray.

nofacej
30th August 2013, 12:14 PM
Took me a while to find shockers, but here you are:

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww93/tinyJazz/Mangoes_and_friends_zps2f94540e.jpg

Takara Magnus, Club Scourge and Hasbro Shockwave. I was surprised, they actually scale really well. I'm not about to transform Magnus any time soon, I just opened him and his shoulder ball joints are really stiff.

Thanks man. Mags is a little shorter than I would have hoped, but as you said they do scale pretty well with each other. Strangely Shockwave and Prime (Scourge in this case) look more like they're from the same line than Ultra Magnus and Shockwave do.

DELTAprime
31st August 2013, 04:51 PM
Just for purposes of record keeping would you guys classify last years Sixshot as a Takara Tomy release or a Hasbro release?

Trent
31st August 2013, 06:47 PM
Just for purposes of record keeping would you guys classify last years Sixshot as a Takara Tomy release or a Hasbro release?

Hasbro Asia. For some silly reason a lot of Americans refer to all the Hasbro Asia releases as Takara, which they are plainly not. Must be because its outside the US :rolleyes:

griffin
31st August 2013, 08:54 PM
It was definitely a Hasbro Asia/HK release (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=305292#post305292), not a JP release.

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2013, 12:02 AM
I'm curious to know how many people classify Generations Metroplex as War For/Fall of Cybertron or Classicsverse (or something else). TFwiki has lumped him as "G1" (so more like Classicsverse), but to me he's FoC. Sure, he doesn't look totally like FoC Metroplex, but Generations Ultra Magnus doesn't look much like FoC Ultra Magnus either. ;) And alright, FoC Ultra Magnus' packaging does explicitly state "Fall of Cybertron," whereas Generations Metroplex's box doesn't, but Metroplex's sound chip does use his FoC voice and lines taken directly from the game. So for me, that counts as "authorial intent" that this toy is meant to be part of the WFC/FOC figures rather than Classicsverse or something else. Some Classicsverse toys come in packaging that doesn't state that it's part of that series either, but many fans consider them to be part of it (e.g. Classics Ultra Magnus).

Obviously there's no right or wrong answer here, I'm just asking out of curiosity as to what the general consensus is. I'm gonna keep classifying it as WFC/FOC personally. ;)

Tober
1st September 2013, 01:12 AM
I'm curious to know...

Obviously there's no right or wrong answer here, I'm just asking out of curiosity as to what the general consensus is. I'm gonna keep classifying it as WFC/FOC personally. ;)

Or you could start a poll...

Metroplex is Classicsverse to me. The proportions are way to far off for me to consider it the Fall of Cybertron Mertoplex.

Sinnertwin
1st September 2013, 08:05 AM
Metroplex is Classicsverse to me. The proportions are way to far off for me to consider it the Fall of Cybertron Mertoplex.

This.
I don't consider something like a voicechip enough of a factor to class him as FoC.

SuspectimusPrime
1st September 2013, 09:45 AM
I don't consider something like a voicechip enough of a factor to class him as FoC.

This.
Other than the designers, there are too many people that probably get to have their say in the production line.

Also, if Generations Metroplex is from the WFC/FOC continuity, then so are the 4 characters featured in his command cockpit: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/generations/metroplex/2980/2/76/

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2013, 10:28 AM
Or you could start a poll...
But that'd just make sense. :p
http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16821

iamirondude
5th September 2013, 11:57 PM
i know this has probably been asked here a million times but when does metroplex get released here and is all of the big shops gonna carry him? i tried to do a search for the answer but i couldn't find anything.

DELTAprime
6th September 2013, 12:05 AM
i know this has probably been asked here a million times but when does metroplex get released here and is all of the big shops gonna carry him? i tried to do a search for the answer but i couldn't find anything.

Hasbro said September. Big W is supposed to be getting him but he's not in the system yet. I don't remember the other stores he is supposed to be coming to.

iamirondude
6th September 2013, 12:12 AM
thanks for that. i'll keep my eye out for him then.

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2013, 09:52 AM
He's in the system for TRU, but for $200. Wait for Target. :)

UltraMarginal
6th September 2013, 10:38 AM
shouldn't be too long now!! there's only 3 weeks left in September.

ILikeSoundwave
6th September 2013, 05:09 PM
How tall is MP Sideswipe or "Lambor" in cm?

Sinnertwin
6th September 2013, 05:47 PM

17, IIRC. They're all stored away at the moment :o

Iriorne
6th September 2013, 06:04 PM

Yep, close enough to 17.

ILikeSoundwave
6th September 2013, 06:06 PM

Damn smaller than I thought, but that doesn't change my mind on getting Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescren!:D

Sinnertwin
6th September 2013, 06:28 PM
Cheers, Iriorne

Damn smaller than I thought, but that doesn't change my mind on getting Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescren!:D

They are compared to what we've been offered previously but the new MP cars are designed to be in scale with MP10. The only one that may cause some scale issues would be MP09 if you display him as Hot Rod. As Rodimus, he scales well with Optimus.

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2013, 09:41 PM
Robot mode heights are listed on toys' review threads. Here's (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14729) MP Lambor's (16cm). Yeah, it's not huge. Another reason why TakTOM MPs aren't worth full RRP IMHO. :o

DELTAprime
7th September 2013, 03:11 PM
Something just occurred to me. Since G1 Takara has replaced the Hasbro names of many figures with their own names ie: Optimus Prime = Convoy, Bumblebee = Bumble. Why is it that Takara has switched to using Hasbro's names since the 2007 movie and Animated?

tinyJazz
7th September 2013, 06:23 PM
Marketing push for the Movies I'd imagine. If all your new Convoys are now Optimus Primes, like the one that appears in the film, more mainstream fans will recognise the name. It broadens the potential audience for the toys.

Hursticon
7th September 2013, 06:54 PM
Marketing push for the Movies I'd imagine. If all your new Convoys are now Optimus Primes, like the one that appears in the film, more mainstream fans will recognise the name. It broadens the potential audience for the toys.

I'd say that's pretty damn spot on, in my opinion. ;)

Bidoofdude
8th September 2013, 07:08 PM
Are signatures supposed to be seen when logged in? I never knew they even existed until I got logged out once. I can only see them when logged out.

Is this supposed to happen. :confused:

Sinnertwin
8th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Are signatures supposed to be seen when logged in? I never knew they even existed until I got logged out once. I can only see them when logged out.

Is this supposed to happen. :confused:

I can see both logged in & out.
Have a look at your:

User CP>Edit Options>Thread display options

Iriorne
8th September 2013, 07:30 PM
And here was me thinking how nice it was that no one here has the huge image filled signatures that are plastered all over TFW. ;) I think I'll just leave them turned off rather than risk having my illusions shattered.

griffin
8th September 2013, 08:07 PM
Have a look at your:

I didn't even know about that... :o

We'll still have size restrictions on signatures (some are getting a bit big these days), but this is something for people who don't like seeing the same ones over and over again.

Bidoofdude
8th September 2013, 08:48 PM
Have a look at your:

Thanks mate. Fixed. :)

Mythirax
9th September 2013, 09:20 AM
Have a look at your:

Thanks for that! GoktimusPrime's sig always freezed my gmail for some reason the past few months, until I would scroll on the page they posted. Now it doesn't :P

Zand
9th September 2013, 11:21 PM
Hey guys, I didn't really just want to make a thread for this but I was wondering what people thought of the Beast Wars Scorponok figure? I've never actually handled one in real life and I'm undecided after looking at pictures/videos on the webbernets. Also, I read one review in which the figure broke in multiple spots (specifically the tail and the bee claw) but haven't really been able to figure out if that is a common problem or not.

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2013, 12:01 AM
I think it's a great toy; but the bee claw part can be broken. I've never had a problem w/ a tail though. In terms of the claw breakage, it means that the cyberbee cannot be launched, but it can still hold the be in place and the bee can still be removed by hand. So it's not as bad as some other kinds of toy breakages which has a more detrimental effect on the toy.

I'd strongly recommend looking at someone else's Scorponok before making a decision, but it's a pretty good toy.
http://cliffbee.com/reviews/bwscorponok.php

Hursticon
10th September 2013, 12:17 AM
The only consistent issue that I've seen with the original BW Scorponok figure is that the 'ball & socket' joints that comprise his Robot mode's hip assembly can get very loose, very quickly if they're played with too regularly. :o
This literally causes the figure to be unable to support its own weight (Due to the heavy tail & claws) and becomes quite a pain to statically display as it topples into a heap. :(

Other than that, and the occasional Bee/Spring Claw mechanism issue, it's absolutely brilliant. ;):cool:

Mythirax
10th September 2013, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, I didn't really just want to make a thread for this but I was wondering what people thought of the Beast Wars Scorponok figure? I've never actually handled one in real life and I'm undecided after looking at pictures/videos on the webbernets. Also, I read one review in which the figure broke in multiple spots (specifically the tail and the bee claw) but haven't really been able to figure out if that is a common problem or not.

The only consistent issue that I've seen with the original BW Scorponok figure is that the 'ball & socket' joints that comprise his Robot mode's hip assembly can get very loose, very quickly if they're played with too regularly. :o
This literally causes the figure to be unable to support its own weight (Due to the heavy tail & claws) and becomes quite a pain to statically display as it topples into a heap. :(

Other than that, and the occasional Bee/Spring Claw mechanism issue, it's absolutely brilliant. ;):cool:

I had one of these when I was a kid. Sadly sold it long ago. But when I did have him, he was amazing. Never had any issues and I played with it to no end, heck he was even thrown around and beat down. Nothing ever broke or became loose, surprisingly :P

UltraMarginal
10th September 2013, 11:27 AM

Now I have an image of a scorponok toy twerking it's way across Hursticons desk:eek:

Sinnertwin
10th September 2013, 12:59 PM
Now I have an image of a scorponok toy twerking it's way across Hursticons desk:eek:

Now I have an image of a Scorponok toy & Hursticon twerking their way across his desk :p

liegeprime
10th September 2013, 08:40 PM
I have the toy, (BW scorpy) and it is indeed a fun toy. Mine's second hand though, so the bee claw mechanism is kinda too springy IMO, it launches on its own at time. fixed that with some Blutack. Ive kept my figure mostly in Scorpion mode but yeah he can be a little back heavy when in bot mode due to the tail.

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, the launcher is extremely sensitive.

Hursticon
10th September 2013, 10:53 PM
I had one of these when I was a kid. Sadly sold it long ago. But when I did have him, he was amazing. Never had any issues and I played with it to no end, heck he was even thrown around and beat down. Nothing ever broke or became loose, surprisingly :P

You've been lucky then! :eek: - I've had about 2 or 3 and they've all started to go loose fairly quickly, albeit like Liege mine have also been 2nd Hand. :o

That'd be both amazing & bewildering! :D

Now I have an image of a Scorponok toy & Hursticon twerking their way across his desk :p

There is an image I would wish upon my worst enemy! :eek::p

Dkaris
10th September 2013, 11:00 PM
Is there a site that sells replacement parts for Masterpiece figures? I vaguely remember finding such a site years ago. I need a part for my MP Thundercracker

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2013, 12:09 AM
TakaraTOMY or Hasbro MP Thundercracker?

If it's TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker and you bought it in Japan and if you can speak Japanese or have a friend who can speak Japanese, then you can contact TakaraTOMY to get a replacement part. If you purchased it out of Japan, then contact the seller who should be able to source parts for you from TakaraTOMY. If it's a Hasbro MP Thundercracker... I don't know, I've never needed to source replacement parts for a Hasbro MP TF before; maybe contact Hasbro Australia's office in Epping? <shrug>

DELTAprime
11th September 2013, 12:35 AM
TakaraTOMY or Hasbro MP Thundercracker?

If it's TakaraTOMY MP Thundercracker and you bought it in Japan and if you can speak Japanese or have a friend who can speak Japanese, then you can contact TakaraTOMY to get a replacement part. If you purchased it out of Japan, then contact the seller who should be able to source parts for you from TakaraTOMY. If it's a Hasbro MP Thundercracker... I don't know, I've never needed to source replacement parts for a Hasbro MP TF before; maybe contact Hasbro Australia's office in Epping? <shrug>

Hasbro AU's customer service number.

For questions concerning products purchased in Australia, please contact:
Phone: 1300 138 697
Email: custservau@hasbro.com

Dkaris
11th September 2013, 07:30 AM
Cheers guys, uts a Takara so I'll try contact the seller and see if they can help me out

Gouki
11th September 2013, 07:44 AM
Hasbro AU are generally unwilling to help in the case of lost or missing accessories. They expect you to just buy a new one.

That could have changed since 2008/9 though.

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2013, 09:03 AM
Hasbro AU are generally unwilling to help in the case of lost or missing accessories. They expect you to just buy a new one.

So do TakaraTOMY; their initial response is to take the toy back to the store and get an exchange. And I don't blame them for this; it is the most expedient way to resolve the issue. But once I explain that although the toy was purchased in Japan but I'm in Australia, they're more than happy to help.

I've never needed to approach Hasbro AU for replacement parts (it's easier just to exchange/refund the toy at the shops), but based on my previous experiences w/ Hasbro's customer service "generally unwilling" is very much a description that I would agree with. :o

kaiden
11th September 2013, 12:55 PM

Now I have an image of Scorponok, Hursticon and Miley twerking against each other on his desk :p

Now Soundwave is in the background providing the music and instead of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvA-qUptp0) every other Transformer has decided to join in and twerk on Hursti's desk.

poor desk...

Hursticon
11th September 2013, 06:20 PM
Now I have an image of Scorponok, Hursticon and Miley twerking against each other on his desk :p

Now Soundwave is in the background providing the music and instead of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvA-qUptp0) every other Transformer has decided to join in and twerk on Hursti's desk.

poor desk...

I love you guys! :p:D

Gouki
12th September 2013, 04:52 AM
So do TakaraTOMY; their initial response is to take the toy back to the store and get an exchange. And I don't blame them for this; it is the most expedient way to resolve the issue. But once I explain that although the toy was purchased in Japan but I'm in Australia, they're more than happy to help.

I've never needed to approach Hasbro AU for replacement parts (it's easier just to exchange/refund the toy at the shops), but based on my previous experiences w/ Hasbro's customer service "generally unwilling" is very much a description that I would agree with. :o

I did it once for my Deluxe Arcee, first live action movie, and just wanted the missile. I was happy to pay for it, but they wouldn't have a bar of it. Taught me a valuable lesson about buying things while on holiday.

More companies should really be looking to Lego, and how they handle this sort of thing.

Omega Metro
13th September 2013, 11:57 PM
Are Blackarachnia (Animated) and Airachnid (Prime) essentially the same character or are they different. Didn't they both used to be Elita-1 or just one of them?

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2013, 12:07 AM
No and no. Only Animated Blackarachnia is an ex-Autobot. Airachnid's always been a Decep.

griffin
14th September 2013, 04:03 AM
Correction - Animated Blackarachnia WAS Elita-1 (spoiler (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blackarachnia_%28Animated%29))
They are indeed different characters, due to being in different series... but it could be claimed that Airachnid (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Airachnid_%28Prime%29) was based off the original Blackarachnia character from BW, which Animated homaged as well, but Hasbro ended up giving it a new name instead - possibly to differentiate this "evil female spider" from the previous two versions.

Omega Metro
14th September 2013, 10:14 AM
I remember seeing that flashback where she was Elita-1 but couldn't remember wether it was from Animated or Prime show. I'm looking at buying my first animated toy (Blackarachnia) but they seem hard to find and very expensive.:mad:

Trent
14th September 2013, 12:30 PM
I remember seeing that flashback where she was Elita-1 but couldn't remember wether it was from Animated or Prime show. I'm looking at buying my first animated toy (Blackarachnia) but they seem hard to find and very expensive.:mad:

I picked her up about 6 months ago for $20 delivered from eBay (MOSC), so just gotta keep your eyes open.

Ae-Evolution
15th September 2013, 12:29 AM
What's the difference between a Human Alliance figure compared to a normal deluxe? Are they worth the extra you're paying?

Sinnertwin
15th September 2013, 12:34 AM
What's the difference between a Human Alliance figure compared to a normal deluxe? Are they worth the extra you're paying?

They vary with gimmicks etc, but here, have a read :)

Roadbuster Deluxe & HA
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Roadbuster_(DOTM)

And Human Alliance range
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Human_Alliance

griffin
15th September 2013, 03:12 PM
The two HA sizes are different to the Deluxe size - one is larger (about voyager sized) and one is smaller (about CMDR size).

tinyJazz
16th September 2013, 01:07 AM
This has bugged me for a while.

Are the G1 iterations of Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen literally relatives? Is this referred to in any official fiction?

Because I keep seeing people referring to them as brothers, particularly in relation to the upcoming Masterpieces. Even news postings on the international sites are calling them "The Datsun Brothers".

I'm assuming it's more of a "brothers in arms" thing rather than a family thing, because they share the same alt mode, the MPs were sort of announced together and are being released in succession of one another.

I know RID Prowl has two brothers, but I don't think that's really relevant here.

Paulbot
16th September 2013, 08:26 AM
Can't recall them ever being " brothers" in G1 fiction, unless there's some random kids book or Japanese manga.

When they were choosing twins in 1984, then Prowl and Bluestreak would have been the better choice than Sideswipe and Sunstreaker.

DELTAprime
16th September 2013, 11:42 AM
In the G1 Cartoon there is no mention of family relationships between any Transformers I can recall.

SuspectimusPrime
16th September 2013, 03:56 PM
In the G1 Cartoon there is no mention of family relationships between any Transformers I can recall.

Aside from the Japanese cartoons, I recall one G1 Season 2 episode where Elita-1 refers to Alpha Trion as a fatherly figure (so I guess that explicitly suggests that Transformers have some understanding of family relationships).
See: http://cybertronchronicle.freewebspace.com/cartoon-dossier/transcripts/the_search_for_alpha_trion_act_three-script.html

In the same episode Prime is baffled when Alpha Trion knows something about him that only his 'creator' would know..

Hursticon
16th September 2013, 04:54 PM
...I keep seeing people referring to them as brothers, particularly in relation to the upcoming Masterpieces. Even news postings on the international sites are calling them "The Datsun Brothers".

First I've heard of this too, and it just sounds wrong! :confused: - Doesn't it sound wrong to you guys? :o
As someone who would go so far as to say they're a life-long fan, apart from RiD, I've never heard any reference to Prowl, Smokescreen & Bluestreak as being brothers... Sideswipe & Sunstreaker maybe, but definitely not those 3. :cool:

Sounds like International fans yet again trying to force the shortening of a descriptor, i.e. rather than list all 3 names they just say/type "The Datsun Brothers"... You watch! - Soon it'll be reduced to "TDB", just like they reduced "3rd Party" to "3P". :rolleyes::confused:

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2013, 04:59 PM
tinyJazz: No, they're not brothers at all. As you said, I think it's just intended to be "brothers in arms" due to their common alt modes and not meant to be taken literally. But even then, there's little canonical evidence that even portrays them as being close brothers in arms either. The Dinobots are much more like brothers in that sense than the Autobot Datsuns or even the Decepticon Seekers. One Dinobot goes down, the others all rush in to help. Starscream gets blasted -- the others won't even lift a finger to help him. ;)

It's just a silly fan term. Not a very good one at that... it'd be just easier to call them the "Datsun MPs." Meh. Weird how nobody refers to MP Lambor and Alert as the "Lamborghini brothers" or even to the Seekers as the "F15 brothers." There are PLENTY of characters who exist as retools of other toys - don't see why the MP Datsuns are getting such special treatment. Heck, even when MP Magnus came out nobody called him and Optimus Prime the "Freightliner twins," even though Ultra Magnus was a straight up repaint of Optimus Prime. the only substantial difference was the cardboard trailer! At least the Datsuns have retooled heads, launchers and variations in the vehicle modes!

Sinnertwin
16th September 2013, 09:25 PM

City Of Steel
Sideswipe to Sunstreaker
"No problem, bro. Just follow my lead"

Cat
17th September 2013, 02:49 AM
I've listed them as the 'Datsun Bros.' for ages when mentioning them.

It's just quicker and easier, and everyone knows what I mean (well, apparently not everybody).

In this sense, it's not meant in a literal way, just describing that it's essentially 3 of the same guy.

christalcase
22nd September 2013, 06:26 PM
Apart from online stores and the occasional news article on fan sites, does anyone know a website that lists the breakdown of the case for each wave?

griffin
22nd September 2013, 10:54 PM
Bigbadtoystore and Entertainment Earth are probably the most prolific... but only mainstream stuff though.
Entertainment Earth is the best for revision assortment info.

Verno
24th September 2013, 09:55 PM
Can Predaking (G1) fly?

Sinnertwin
24th September 2013, 09:56 PM
Can Predaking (G1) fly?

Yes.
http://randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/rah/transformersusa/3-19/

Verno
25th September 2013, 08:31 AM
Yes.
http://randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/rah/transformersusa/3-19/

Thank you muchly :)

Ae-Evolution
27th September 2013, 12:36 AM
3 Questions;

- Would anyone know how much weight a shelf in a Detolf would hold? I'm afraid to put any leader classes as I'm afraid if would be too much for it.

- Should I release any area with springs? Like all the Cybertron series figures have spring loaded abilities, will those areas wear out if I keep them compressed?

- What's a good series before RID to watch?

Cat
27th September 2013, 01:36 AM
Those shelves can hold a fair bit of weight.

I've seen heavy statues supported just fine.

I can't think of any Leader figure that I think would be too heavy.

Paulbot
27th September 2013, 08:10 AM

Beast Wars and/or Masterforce.

UltraMarginal
27th September 2013, 11:19 AM
- Would anyone know how much weight a shelf in a Detolf would hold? I'm afraid to put any leader classes as I'm afraid if would be too much for it.

Detolf shelves are tempered glass, you should be able to find weight limit specifications on the Ikea Web site for them. most likely on the detolf listing. I would be surprised if you could fit enough leader class figures stacked up to cause one of those shelves to fail.
Impact is different, if you hit them with a hammer they woiuld probably shatter. but if you just dropped a leader class toy on them you'd most likely just have a scary noise.

- Should I release any area with springs? Like all the Cybertron series figures have spring loaded abilities, will those areas wear out if I keep them compressed?

over time a compressed spring will gradually fatigue and "lose it's springiness". the time frame and amount of springiness lost will depend on the specific material used in the spring, the dimensions of the spring including it's cross section and primarily how close the compression or tension on the spring comes to the yield strength of the material the spring is made from.
I personally don't leave many of my figures guns loaded, just in case, but you'd probably happily expect a good decade out of the types of springs you'd expect to find in a toy.

I personally like G1 but that's what I grew up with, it's dated somewhat:o

Trent
27th September 2013, 12:41 PM
Yep, you will definately run out of space before you overload a Detolf with TFs ;)

Hursticon
27th September 2013, 03:05 PM
Beast Wars and/or Masterforce.

Can't go wrong there. ;):)

Jetfire in the sky
28th September 2013, 08:47 AM
Does G1 Prime have any date stampings on the cab?

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2013, 01:27 PM
Not as far as I can recall. It's pretty much just under the trailer (although I don't have my G1 Prime in front of me atm)

Ultra Mackness
28th September 2013, 04:02 PM
I just dug out my G1 OP and there were no date stamps on the cab, just the Hasbro and Takara stamp underneath the trailer.

Sinnertwin
28th September 2013, 04:21 PM
Although the 25th Anniversary reissue G1 has numbers stamped on the inside of the panel on his upper arm.

Jetfire in the sky
28th September 2013, 04:57 PM
Cheers guys, thats what I thought. Just wondered if it was hidden somewhere like the Stunticons have it in all sorts of nooks and crannies.

KalEl
28th September 2013, 05:09 PM
3 Questions;

1: 13lbs = 5.89kg

2: the spring tension will diminish over time if you keep them loaded (under pressure)

3. beast wars and Jap G1

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2013, 09:19 PM
Even Anglophone G1 is worth watching. Despite its campiness, overall it's a fairly decent series. Season 1 was the principally "Earth based" series, Season 2 added in more characters (mostly at random as if they'd always been there :p) and delved more into 'world building' (e.g. Vector Sigma, War Dawn etc.) and there were a few off world adventures, but it was still mostly Earth based. Season 3 followed the movie and was set in the distant future of 2006-10 and distinctly took the series in a more scifi direction. Season 4 would have continued from this, but due to Hasbro axing the series, it was essentially butchered into a toy advert; but the story itself has decent underlying merit, even if the execution wasn't well done. Whereas The Headmasters was a much better execution of less exciting idea; but overall I do prefer The Headmasters.

IMHO the G1 Marvel Comics are the greatest source of G1 stories (especially the UK issues, although they are meant to be read in tandem w/ the US stories); and many of the old stories have been reprinted by Titan Books and IDW. :) The comics are also the sole source of G2 canon, since the G2 cartoon was nothing more than a poor rehash of the G1 cartoon.

Beast Wars gives Transformers a unique and fresh perspective, but also continues on from the G1 continuity family and retroactively enhances G1/G2. Beast Wars would absolutely be the best screen story ever written for Transformers IMHO. :D

Jetfire in the sky
29th September 2013, 09:31 AM
Beast Wars gives Transformers a unique and fresh perspective, but also continues on from the G1 continuity family and retroactively enhances G1/G2. Beast Wars would absolutely be the best screen story ever written for Transformers IMHO. :D

+1

Beast Wars is on another level and to me for a Western Cartoon back then was groundbreaking.

UltraMarginal
29th September 2013, 10:03 AM
can someone with a voyager predaking please post a pic with him scaled against cyberverse leader prime Please? Just wondering how well they'd go together on a shelf. robot and alt mode if you have the time.:)

It's OK I've sorted out wahat I wanted to sort out.

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2013, 10:03 AM
The CGI was indeed groundbreaking for its time, but seems dated by today's standards. But it's the story quality that makes Beast Wars endure. The live action movies have far superior visual effects (the joys of a Hollywood super budget ;)) but their stories don't quite last the distance. It's be 16 years since Beast Wars first aired and we still fondly remember it as a great story. It's only been four years since Revenge of the Fallen debuted and I don't look back at that story nearly as fondly. Visually it's still bloody fantastic; you can see how the Devastator merge sequence would've crashed all the computers at ILM... but the greatest visual effects is fairly hollow without a good story to back it up. Beast Wars on the other hand has character-driven stories with substance; that's why fans still look back on it fondly over a decade and a half later.

Jetfire in the sky
1st October 2013, 04:11 PM
+1

And the JITS/Gok love-in continues :p :D :cool:

Trent
3rd October 2013, 08:51 PM
Which colour scheme is a better use of the mould out of Alternators Mirage, Hot Rod and KISS Hot Rod?

I'm having trouble making up my mind. Leaning slightly toward Mirage though. :confused:

Sinnertwin
3rd October 2013, 09:20 PM
Which colour scheme is a better use of the mould out of Alternators Mirage, Hot Rod and KISS Hot Rod?

I'm having trouble making up my mind. Leaning slightly toward Mirage though. :confused:

Mirage.

UltraMarginal
3rd October 2013, 10:33 PM

personally there are a lot of lighter yellow highlights on the robot mode for the hot rod that seem a bit off for me. the mirage is very nice in both modes.

Cat
4th October 2013, 12:43 AM
Mirage.

Trent
4th October 2013, 07:21 AM
Thought so. That's the way I was heading, but thought I'd consult other owners opinions first.

Cheers.

UltraMarginal
4th October 2013, 09:54 AM
Mirage.

are you sure? you don't seem very sure about that:p:D

DELTAprime
4th October 2013, 11:43 AM
Personally I like KP Hot Rodimus best. But he's the most expensive.

Cat
4th October 2013, 08:11 PM
are you sure? you don't seem very sure about that:p:D

I like to leave an air of mystery to my postings.

I want future generations to ponder over my true meaning.

:p

Megatron
4th October 2013, 08:17 PM
I like to leave an air of mystery to my postings.

I want future generations to ponder over my true meaning.

:p

lol.. :D

Sinnertwin
8th October 2013, 10:46 PM
Entertainment Earth.
Anybody purchase anything from these guys? What were they like to deal with?

UltraMarginal
9th October 2013, 11:27 AM
Entertainment Earth.
Anybody purchase anything from these guys? What were they like to deal with?

I've never used them, but just having a look, they seem to have a massive range and their website is very nicely set up for postage estimates. but using USPS only looks like postage will be a killer.

BigTransformerTrev
9th October 2013, 10:11 PM
Are there going to be any more new TFPrime-slash-Beast Hunter toys announced or are they pretty much officially done? I'm still hunting Trailcutter, Legion Flying Vehicon and Sky Lynx but besides that, for the first time since Energon, I think I have gotten pretty much everyone I want from a particular series :D. But I'm wondering if that is too good to be true and there are going to be some 'must-have' surprises around the corner :) ;)

Edit: Oh man! Now I am remembering all the AM characters I dont have that I want like Frenzy, Swerve and Breakdown. Forget it - I'm nowhere near as complete as I want to be (and given the prices of those figures probably wont be)

DELTAprime
11th October 2013, 04:25 PM
Are there going to be any more new TFPrime-slash-Beast Hunter toys announced or are they pretty much officially done? I'm still hunting Trailcutter, Legion Flying Vehicon and Sky Lynx but besides that, for the first time since Energon, I think I have gotten pretty much everyone I want from a particular series :D. But I'm wondering if that is too good to be true and there are going to be some 'must-have' surprises around the corner :) ;)

Edit: Oh man! Now I am remembering all the AM characters I dont have that I want like Frenzy, Swerve and Breakdown. Forget it - I'm nowhere near as complete as I want to be (and given the prices of those figures probably wont be)

There are some new figures coming next year, but they are the very basic figures with little articulation or show accuracy.

Bidoofdude
12th October 2013, 03:15 PM
Did anyone who got the Encore 20a release of Devastator get the cards for the individual constructicons as well as Devastator's? I know the original Encore 20 release had 7 cards but my 20a came with only one, which was Anime Colour Devy. :confused:

Sinnertwin
12th October 2013, 05:14 PM
Did anyone who got the Encore 20a release of Devastator get the cards for the individual constructicons as well as Devastator's? I know the original Encore 20 release had 7 cards but my 20a came with only one, which was Anime Colour Devy. :confused:

Just one, BD

Bidoofdude
12th October 2013, 06:00 PM
Just one, BD

Ok. Thanks a bunch. Kind of disappointing, but no harm done. ;)

Megatran
13th October 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm looking for the (G2?) Trypticon. Doesn't have to be complete as I want to display in 'bot' mode. But electronics must work... he must walk. Box is not required. What is a fair price? I often see ones without the battery cover clip. Why is this so??? Are there KOs around that I need to avoid? If so, how can I tell the difference? Thanks.

Jetfire in the sky
13th October 2013, 11:11 AM
Trypticon is a G1 figure, there is also Beast Wars II Gigastorm which are the only two of that mould in that size. There are no full size KO's (that I know of)
G1 Trypticon has become somewhat of an expensive figure on the secondary market, complete goes for $450 and upwards, however, incomplete the price can be as low as $150 but not in too good condition, sometimes he comes up in lots with his other big TF buddies and the price may go a bit lower as an average in the lot but you get killed in postage.
Your best bet is from overseas sellers as not many come up on Oz e-bay, I think there was one recently on Gumtree and was quite a good price with the box.
Battery covers and accessories on the big items are commonly missing because kids didn't care about them in the 80's :p:D Plus overall for a child it doesnt affect the playablity of the toy.

theshape
13th October 2013, 07:05 PM
Ive seen the price of trypticon go up and up over the years. The lack of reissue is keeping it really expensive. I upgraded mine from a guy lucky enough to pick one up at a flea market . awesome find

Jetfire in the sky
13th October 2013, 08:42 PM
Ive seen the price of trypticon go up and up over the years. The lack of reissue is keeping it really expensive. I upgraded mine from a guy lucky enough to pick one up at a flea market . awesome find

Mega Score. I'm still after an MIB one for myself, been keeping an eye out for the last 18 months. May have to wait until the next trip to The Land of the Rising Sun.
It is good to see a nice TF go up in price and it is definitely due to the lack of reissue of this item.
But in Gok's words, big toys don't sell and we saw that with the shelf warming of the Omega and Sky Lynx reissues.

Megatran
13th October 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the help guys. And yeah, definitely a great score. :)

iamirondude
15th October 2013, 10:54 AM
what sounds and lights is the new metroplex suppose to make? cause i think mine's broken.

Lint
15th October 2013, 12:15 PM
what sounds and lights is the new metroplex suppose to make? cause i think mine's broken.

Check your batteries? If lights and sounds are working you WILL know.

iamirondude
15th October 2013, 12:28 PM
brand new batteries were put in but the light on front of him just flashes for 0.00001 of a sec and no sounds either. i'm not to worried about it anyway cause other then the electronics being a bit dodgy, he's a really good figure. the box is in excellent condition and hasn't had the rough treatment that has happened to many other 1's.

Cat
15th October 2013, 12:35 PM
There were issues with that with quite a few of the SDCC ones.

They put some alfoil in the battery compartment, which fixed it.

Don't know how good an idea that is for anything other than short-term, but it may be worth a try.

griffin
15th October 2013, 02:34 PM

Have a look on youtube for what lights and sounds it makes, as I'm sure someone has posted a review or filmed it by now.
There are several phrases done, either from the FOC game, or done in the same voice style, and the chest lights up or flashes (I can't remember).

If it bugs you, or you want a working toy, perhaps take it back to the store if they have another one in stock... as this would qualify for being "faulty".
(other people manage to return toys for more insignificant things, that wouldn't even be classed as "faulty")

DELTAprime
15th October 2013, 03:28 PM
Anyone know the total price of the TFSS 2.0? I'm guessing it's higher outside the US cause of shipping.

I'm really thinking about joining the club and buying TFSS 2.0 for the IDW inspired figures.

UltraMarginal
15th October 2013, 04:35 PM
For one set including the cheaper shipping option and their insurance it's US$406.

Bidoofdude
15th October 2013, 10:28 PM
Any Deluxe to Voyager toys that look enough like Bludgeon from the Old Titan Hunting crew in IDW? (the one with TC)

Megatran
16th October 2013, 05:30 PM
Much of the items on the overseas online stores do not mention the actual size of the TF item. I'm not referring to the box, but the actual toy itself. Only in few instances does the description actually mention, say the height of the toy. The experience can be underwhelming when you first open the shipping box! Don't get me wrong. As great as the toy may be in terms of functionality, detail, QC and playability goes, sometimes you feel shortchanged value wise. Is there a way to find out the size of the toy prior to purchasing the item? The Toy Review threads are FANTASTIC by the way.

Paulbot
16th October 2013, 07:10 PM
Much of the items on the overseas online stores do not mention the actual size of the TF item. I'm not referring to the box, but the actual toy itself. Only in few instances does the description actually mention, say the height of the toy. The experience can be underwhelming when you first open the shipping box! Don't get me wrong. As great as the toy may be in terms of functionality, detail, QC and playability goes, sometimes you feel shortchanged value wise. Is there a way to find out the size of the toy prior to purchasing the item? The Toy Review threads are FANTASTIC by the way.

There's an old school TF reviewer named Dave Van Domelen (http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/Prime/index.shtml) who's pretty thorough at giving sizes for toys in both modes in his text reviews (that go back to BW days) and in cm too for his non US readers.

Megatran
16th October 2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks Paulbot.:)

This next question definitely fits into the category of a newbie & probably been asked by others on many occasions but I don't have the luxury of time to comb through the forum. Is shipping cost included as part of the $1,000 limit for GST exemption on overseas online store purchases?

Iriorne
16th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Shipping only counts if the value of goods is over $1000.

$1000 goods + $100 shipping --> no charges
$1001 goods + $100 shipping --> GST on total value inc. shipping + customs duty on goods value (+ maybe a processing fee too)

Cat
17th October 2013, 03:08 AM
There's an old school TF reviewer named Dave Van Domelen (http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/Prime/index.shtml) who's pretty thorough at giving sizes for toys in both modes in his text reviews (that go back to BW days) and in cm too for his non US readers.

It's also worth Googling the figure. You'll often shots people have taken of it with other relevant toys (eg '86 movie cast in Classics form), so you'll often see them next to a figure you own, a nice way to work out the size.

It also helps to have an idea of the general times when there have been general sizes to changes, ie what we saw with initial PRID and FOC figs. It may help a bit with generally managing expectations.

Or just ask. Whatever it is, someone on here is bound to own it.

Deonasis
17th October 2013, 07:09 AM
Any Deluxe to Voyager toys that look enough like Bludgeon from the Old Titan Hunting crew in IDW? (the one with TC)
A link or picture would help us non-reading folk.

Bidoofdude
17th October 2013, 05:30 PM
A link or picture would help us non-reading folk.

Something like this:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/10323548546_892681991e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/10323548546/)
bludgeon idw (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/10323548546/) by Bidoofdude (http://www.flickr.com/people/68801062@N05/), on Flickr

or

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5478/10323548706_41c538bc5f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/10323548706/)
bludgeon (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/10323548706/) by Bidoofdude (http://www.flickr.com/people/68801062@N05/), on Flickr

The more I look at him, I think Classics Tank Megatron or the scout Frumble mould, but that's a bit small. ;) Any suggestions?

griffin
18th October 2013, 01:36 AM
There must be a Bludgeon toy coming... it's unlikely that IDW would give a major TFs character a triple-changer form that isn't based on any existing figure, if there wasn't a toy planned (or was planned, but not gonna happen).

The Thundercracker spotlight (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bludgeon_%28G1%29#IDW_Generation_1_continuity) has Bludgeon transform into a jet that has a thin tail and thick cockpit (like a helicopter), with tank treads underneath (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Bludgeon_altmode_TheHuntingParty.jpg)... and also transforms into a tank in that issue.
(the jet mode reminds me of the large shell for Skyhammer (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skyhammer_%28G1%29#Toys), without the VTOL engines)

So if they did do a toy, the alt-modes suggest it could be a quad-changer, transforming into a tank, jet and helicopter.

Even if it was just a jet and a tank, I compared it to the Blitzwing toy, and I just don't see it being reworked enough to accommodate the alt-modes in that comic. They did a good job with Sandstorm from the Springer toy, but this looks a lot more different.

BigTransformerTrev
18th October 2013, 10:53 AM
Right now I am toying with the idea of getting Subscription Figures: Jackpot, Breakdown and Slipstream but am torn whether to get them from the Collectors Club store or from BBTS. Both have their pros and cons:

BBTS:
Jackpot - $39.99
Breakdown - $79.99
Slipstream - $99.99
Shipping - Can be put into my POL

Club Store:
Jackpot - yet to appear in store. Hopefully he will
Breakdown- $59.00
Slipstream - $69.00
Shipping - apparently quite expensive

So my questions are: A: Which should provide the cheaper option? and B: Are the figures worth the price? Since my wife's maternity leave pay has finished money is fairly tight so may have to bypass them altogether or at least limit myself to one or two, possibly Jackpot and Breakdown. I really want a Slipstream toy, but I'm not sure the TFCC version really does the character justice.

UltraMarginal
18th October 2013, 03:19 PM
I'd investigate whether or not you can get first class international with the club, that would be cheaper than their other options most likely. but probably still not as cheap as adding to your POL. of course the 20 - 30 difference between the cost of each figure might make all the difference.

define "worth the price" ?

they are exclusives so they are more expensive than retail by nature.
Breakdown has a fair lot of paint apps and looks good in both modes. it's as good a quality mold wise as classics red alert.

Slipstream is based on an excellent mold has a pretty good colour scheme. I'd have to have a closer look to check out the paint apps. The head design is OK, better tan photos and different to Starscream (unlike allll the other repaints of this mold) Another advantage of the new head not having a crest is the crest can't get bent up in vehicle mode. As lithe and feminine as the starscream feels, Slipstream kind of feels a little masculine some how.

I'm still waiting for Jackpot.

Cat
18th October 2013, 03:46 PM
And it there's a problem, BBTS is a hell of a lot easier to deal with than the Club.

It's up to you how much that is worth though, and if you're expecting problems in the first place.

Deonasis
18th October 2013, 04:52 PM
Just moving my non-tf question outta 'here' to here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=380072#post380072

BigTransformerTrev
18th October 2013, 07:47 PM
As lithe and feminine as the starscream feels, Slipstream kind of feels a little masculine some how.

I kind of got that impression from the pics. Think I may bypass her and hope they do a generations mold or something down the line that actually represents her as a femmebot rather than a blokebot with a femme face. Cheers UM and everyone else for your advice :):D:)

Gouki
18th October 2013, 11:38 PM
Slipstream is based on an excellent mold has a pretty good colour scheme. I'd have to have a closer look to check out the paint apps. The head design is OK, better tan photos and different to Starscream (unlike allll the other repaints of this mold) Another advantage of the new head not having a crest is the crest can't get bent up in vehicle mode. As lithe and feminine as the starscream feels, Slipstream kind of feels a little masculine some how.

I'm not sure how Slipstream feels masculine, really.

The worst thing about the figure is the missiles are super soft and cheap feeling--you'd think they could have used some harder plastic considering the cost and them clearly being aimed at adult collectors.

Cat
19th October 2013, 12:56 AM

The worst thing about the figure is the missiles are super soft and cheap feeling--you'd think they could have used some harder plastic considering the cost and them clearly being aimed at adult collectors.

They still have to go through Hasbro's approval, so it wouldn't be allowed, unfortunately.

Always with the lawsuits...

DELTAprime
19th October 2013, 02:26 AM

OMG, if it was hard plastic it might get stuck in a kids throat! Oh the humanity!:D:p

Gouki
19th October 2013, 07:43 AM
They still have to go through Hasbro's approval, so it wouldn't be allowed, unfortunately.

Always with the lawsuits...

Really? I thought they might be able to get around it by being 'adult collectibles' or something. Damn.

Megatran
20th October 2013, 09:09 PM
Got a question: Is the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime from the same mould as MP01/04 or am I totally off the beaten track? I think he's 12 inches tall in bot mode, hence why I think he could be from the same mould. If so, what key differences are there, if any? And what is a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

griffin
21st October 2013, 02:17 AM
The MP-1 mould was used twice by Hasbro and six times by TakaraTomy.

TakaraTomy versions...
MP1 - Convoy
MP2 - Ultra Magnus (white)
MP4 - Convoy with Trailer
MP1B - Black Convoy
MP4S - Sleep Convoy (grey version with translucent trailer)
MP1L - Final Edition Convoy (has a mould stamping to say it is the final time that the MP1 mould was used for producing toys before the MP10 came out)

Hasbro versions...
US 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime (with electronic stand)
US Movie/DVD 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Some can be seen here...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection/c16s1.jpg

At the front is the Hasbro version with the MP4 trailer. At the back from the left (behind Megatron) is MP1, MP2, MP4 and at the right is the other Hasbro version (which is taller because it is on the electronic base).

Gouki
21st October 2013, 07:16 AM
Don't forgot we got MP-2 exclusively at Targets here, which was extremely cool but then didn't happen again.

Sinnertwin
21st October 2013, 07:38 AM
Don't forgot we got MP-2 exclusively at Targets here, which was extremely cool but then didn't happen again.

And MP04 which was featured in Target's 2008 Toy Sale, IIRC.

Gouki
21st October 2013, 08:25 AM
And MP04 which was featured in Target's 2008 Toy Sale, IIRC.

Really?! Can't believe I missed that!

Trent
21st October 2013, 08:33 AM
Really?! Can't believe I missed that!

Yeah that's where I got mine. They sold out within a week though.

Megatran
21st October 2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collection/c16s1.jpg

Holly crap Griffin. I almost drowned in my own pool of drool. :eek: Very nice.:)

Jetfire in the sky
21st October 2013, 08:11 PM
Kremzeek looks like he has kicked the bucket though :D

Quickstrike
21st October 2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah that's where I got mine. They sold out within a week though.

I ended up buying MP-04 for like 50 bucks months after it was originally released when 1 randomly appeared on the shelves at my local Target.

I'm not sure where I put it.

iamirondude
21st October 2013, 09:08 PM
yeah i also got mine from target. didn't even know we were getting it, just walked into target that day with the wife to get some of the kids xmas prezzies but i walked out with a MP-04 and no xmas prezzies.

griffin
23rd October 2013, 01:58 PM
(moved several posts querying KOs, to the Knock Off query topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13608))

griffin
24th October 2013, 01:14 PM
(moved AFA Grading discussion to its own topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17155))

Starscream77
27th October 2013, 10:06 PM
Probably a really dumb question but was does 'ard' mean on a sales listing ?

crankcase76
27th October 2013, 10:34 PM
Probably a really dumb question but was does 'ard' mean on a sales listing ?

Wheres the sale listed on?

Starscream77
27th October 2013, 10:40 PM
Wheres the sale listed on?

Sorry meant to say on eBay sales listings. I have seen heaps of TF items lately with 'ard' at the end of the title

Ultra Mackness
28th October 2013, 05:38 AM
A Real/Rare Discovery?

I've not seen it before - do you have an example to give it context?

Cat
28th October 2013, 02:11 PM
I've never seen that on a listing.

Maybe they were trying to tell you that the winning bidder also gets a free aardvark, but their auto-correct changed it?

Verno
28th October 2013, 05:47 PM
Where does this image come from?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/3077008-rhinox-tf_universe%233.jpg

I know the url says 'tf universe', but what does that mean?

Cat
28th October 2013, 06:12 PM
Transformers Universe #3.

Published by 3H.

NOT Universe Feat. The Wreckers. Easily confused, totally different comics.

Just Universe.

This one right here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Homecoming_%28issue%29

Verno
28th October 2013, 06:21 PM
Transformers Universe #3.

Published by 3H.

NOT Universe Feat. The Wreckers. Easily confused, totally different comics.

Just Universe.

This one right here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Homecoming_%28issue%29

Thankyou muchly.

DELTAprime
28th October 2013, 07:13 PM
Are the new Remastered G1 DVD's from Madman actually a new better looking transfer of G1 or is it just the same old transfer that's been available for years?

Iriorne
28th October 2013, 11:24 PM
I looked into this earlier this year/last year but I can't find the post. :confused: Anyway, this is what I've worked out from reading around the web:

The G1 series has been remastered twice. The first US release was by Kid Rhino, and used pre-broadcast masters as the broadcast masters had deteriorated. The company they contracted to transfer the soundtrack to 5.1 added in a whole bunch of sound effects which were not originally present. Apparently they're very loud and sound pretty terrible. The pre-broadcast masters also used unfinished animation segments and had some animation mistakes that Rhino attempted to correct, often poorly.

The second US release was by Shout! Factory, who cleaned up the majority of the sound effects and mistakes introduced by Rhino. It's not perfect as some sections had to be restored from lower quality sources but it's a lot closer to the original.

As far as I can tell, the first Madman release is based on the Rhino release while the 2012 remaster is based on the Shout! Factory release. I own the 2012 version and haven't noticed any obvious problems.

BigTransformerTrev
29th October 2013, 09:25 AM
Question:
Saw that they are doing DX Gum Kits of Overlord and Road Ceaser and that Road Ceaser is made up of 3 bots. Now I have the Motorvators (Gripper, Lightspeed and Flame) - were the original Japanese versions of these toys designed to combine? I though they just had the little 'Facemaster' Energon Figure gimick thing.

Edit: Just looked it up on TFWiki. A shame the Motorvator release didn't come with the shields you could use to combine them. Like when they released G2 Constructicons without the kibble to make Devestator. Never understood why they took so much play value out of these figures to save a few cents by not producing extra plastic bits. :(

Sinnertwin
29th October 2013, 10:17 AM
Brainmaster ;) :)
Liokaiser's another that was released by Hasbro sans parts & two members as Rescue Force. They're crap.

GoktimusPrime
29th October 2013, 10:31 AM
The interesting thing I find about Road Caesar and Lio Caesar is how these are two opposing gestalts in the same series whose names are both based on "Caesar," but Road Caesar uses the Vulgar Latin pronunciation ("See-zar") whereas Lio Caesar uses the Classical Latin pronunciation ("Kaiser"; and Western fans typically use this spelling to denote the classical pronunciation (both names are originally written in Japanese Katakana)). So it's like Road Caesar is the Yang to Lio Kaiser's Yin. :D

Jetfire in the sky
29th October 2013, 04:13 PM
The G1 series has been remastered twice. The first US release was by Kid Rhino, and used pre-broadcast masters as the broadcast masters had deteriorated. The company they contracted to transfer the soundtrack to 5.1 added in a whole bunch of sound effects which were not originally present. Apparently they're very loud and sound pretty terrible. The pre-broadcast masters also used unfinished animation segments and had some animation mistakes that Rhino attempted to correct, often poorly.

The second US release was by Shout! Factory, who cleaned up the majority of the sound effects and mistakes introduced by Rhino. It's not perfect as some sections had to be restored from lower quality sources but it's a lot closer to the original.

As far as I can tell, the first Madman release is based on the Rhino release while the 2012 remaster is based on the Shout! Factory release. I own the 2012 version and haven't noticed any obvious problems.

I have had both Rhino and Madman and the poor and loud 5.1 sound effects are exactly the same, I thought there was something wrong with my Rhino disks, hence getting the Madman ones. :(

jazzcomp
30th October 2013, 09:26 PM
Do Heroes of Cybertron PVC figures have takara stamp on them?
Just like the SCF?

How would you know if a figure was HOC (hasbro) or SCF (takara)?

iamirondude
30th October 2013, 10:37 PM
are we getting the platnium predaking by any chance?

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2013, 10:39 PM
HoCs have light piped eyes, SCF don't.

UltraMarginal
30th October 2013, 10:58 PM
So today, I bought a Metroplex, I'm having a real hard time installing the arm. I've tried it both ways. The black clip Vertical or horizontal (pictured)

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20131030_222757_zps9fa03198.jpg

neither position seems to lock in and the arm slides in and out to the end of the clip. the Vertical position is harder to remove but it still doesn't lock. is there something I'm missing?

Cat
30th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Just like the SCF?

HOC are molded completely in translucent plastic, then fully painted.

SCFs are molded in colour.

iamirondude
30th October 2013, 11:24 PM
So today, I bought a Metroplex, I'm having a real hard time installing the arm. I've tried it both ways. The black clip Vertical or horizontal (pictured)

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20131030_222757_zps9fa03198.jpg

neither position seems to lock in and the arm slides in and out to the end of the clip. the Vertical position is harder to remove but it still doesn't lock. is there something I'm missing?

that should just lock in. i had no trouble with mine or haven't heard of anyone having that kind of trouble. i'll check mine later and see if sits the same way as your clip. is there any of that left over plastic from the molding sitting in there? cause sometimes that doesn't get cleaned off properly.

jazzcomp
30th October 2013, 11:30 PM
HoCs have light piped eyes, SCF don't.
can't even make my MOSC HOC eyes light up :confused:

UltraMarginal
30th October 2013, 11:31 PM
that should just lock in. i had no trouble with mine or haven't heard of anyone having that kind of trouble. i'll check mine later and see if sits the same way as your clip. is there any of that left over plastic from the molding sitting in there? cause sometimes that doesn't get cleaned off properly.

is there supposed to be anything inside the shoulder apart from the ramp? mine is pretty much empty.

iamirondude
30th October 2013, 11:37 PM
mine is also empty and your clip is suppose to be vertical(the pieces that clip in) not horizontal. so you should be able to unscrew it and spin it around.

Mythirax
31st October 2013, 01:48 AM
are we getting the platnium predaking by any chance?

I'd also like to know this one, before I go and order it online :D

UltraMarginal
31st October 2013, 08:42 AM

mine is also empty and your clip is suppose to be vertical(the pieces that clip in) not horizontal. so you should be able to unscrew it and spin it around.

Thanks so much for your inpur iamirondude.

Hmm, i've tried both directions, horizontal and vertical. the vertical is slightly better in that it doesn't just fall out. I'll take another photo or two of the inside of the shoulder tonight, there's no way this is working correctly. I have a feeling there's a piece missing fron the wall inside the shoulder.

BigTransformerTrev
31st October 2013, 11:48 AM
Just like the SCF?

The SCF usually come with holes in the feet so that they can be stood on their clear little display stands. Most HOC don't come with stands and hence dont have them. That's the method I use ;) Otherwise just look them up on TFWiki :)

UltraMarginal
31st October 2013, 11:58 AM
I've done a little research, it looks like mine is missing a clip on the inside wall of the shoulder. Mine does not look like this.
http://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/metroplex-gen-ramp-fail.jpg

there is a black piece in there that the shoulder clip fits into. I don't have that in mine.

iamirondude
31st October 2013, 12:09 PM
dude that sux. could you take it back and get a replacement by any chance?

jazzcomp
31st October 2013, 01:12 PM
The SCF usually come with holes in the feet so that they can be stood on their clear little display stands. Most HOC don't come with stands and hence dont have them. That's the method I use ;) Otherwise just look them up on TFWiki :)
Nice idea. :) I just don't know why hasbro HOC should have takara stamp on them and they're all takara china too.

griffin
31st October 2013, 01:48 PM
Nice idea. :) I just don't know why hasbro HOC should have takara stamp on them and they're all takara china too.

It costs money to modify moulds, so if it isn't anything significant, it could just be left to be the same.
Besides, Hasbro toys will often have Takara on them, because they design the toys... Hasbro just exclusively owns the Brand name and concept (so they have their stamp on the boxes, but not necessarily on the toys, as they don't exclusively own the toy designs).

UltraMarginal
31st October 2013, 01:49 PM
dude that sux. could you take it back and get a replacement by any chance?

I've emailed Hasbro, but I'll probably be taking it back tonight.

here is a pic of mine for comparison if anyone is interested.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20131031_130330_zpsa8945eba.jpg

I've rotated it so it's up the right way but it doesn't seem to be updating. oh well.

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, just bring it back to the shop for an exchange. That's the beauty of IRL shopping. :)

DELTAprime
31st October 2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah, just bring it back to the shop for an exchange. That's the beauty of IRL shopping. :)

As I was trying to explain today to a guy I work with. If you can buy it at a local store they can exchange it easily if there is any problem. We are lucky that places like BBTS and HLJ will stand behind what they sell, but most of the time online the seller doesn't want to know you if there is a problem.

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2013, 09:48 PM
but most of the time online the seller doesn't want to know you if there is a problem.
They have to. They're also bound by retail/consumer laws, same as IRL sellers. The problem is just the effort/hassle. My Transformers Prime Season 2 DVDs from Shout Factory came with a cracked case. Normally I'd exchange it, but considering that I'd have to mail it back and then wait for them to mail a replacement -- ceebs! The discs are fine... but it does suck that one corner of the case is cracked. :( Likewise one of the panels on my Generations Springer doesn't fit in absolutely flush. It's a minor issue, and one that would warrant me exchanging this toy if I'd bought it IRL, but I just cannot be bothered to do it through overseas exchange.

Gah... this is why I dislike online shopping. :(

Tober
31st October 2013, 10:03 PM
I did a small group buy of Springers from BBTS. One of the Springers was missing a headlight piece. I sent BBTS a pic, they sent me a Springer. :cool:

DELTAprime
31st October 2013, 10:25 PM
They have to. They're also bound by retail/consumer laws, same as IRL sellers.

Really, try getting a replacement or refund out of some overseas online retailers sometime, I bet they won't help. Every time I've tried with the exception of BBTS they did nothing for me.

liegeprime
31st October 2013, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know who the names of 2 Autobots included in the Kreo Beast Hunters packs? The black one looks like Trailbreaker so I'm assigning that one as... but the Red one I haven't a clue which autobot he looks like? Anybody got an idea ?

Megatran
31st October 2013, 11:16 PM
Hope someone can shed some light on this question. I've had 3 PoL's from BBTS this year. All three actual shipping weights (as shown on the tracking system of the shipping company) were at least several lbs lighter than that calculated by BBTS. Is it normal for companies such as BBTS to over estimate the shipping weight and hence pocket the cash? For example, an overestimate of 5 lbs in shipping weight translates to an extra US$20 for UPS Air Service (US$4 per lb). Have people noticed this on their PoL shipment?

Cat
31st October 2013, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know who the names of 2 Autobots included in the Kreo Beast Hunters packs? The black one looks like Trailbreaker so I'm assigning that one as... but the Red one I haven't a clue which autobot he looks like? Anybody got an idea ?

Windcharger.

And yep, the other one is indeed Trailbreaker/Trailcutter.

DELTAprime
31st October 2013, 11:35 PM
Hope someone can shed some light on this question. I've had 3 PoL's from BBTS this year. All three actual shipping weights (as shown on the tracking system of the shipping company) were at least several lbs lighter than that calculated by BBTS. Is it normal for companies such as BBTS to over estimate the shipping weight and hence pocket the cash? For example, an overestimate of 5 lbs in shipping weight translates to an extra US$20 for UPS Air Service (US$4 per lb). Have people noticed this on their PoL shipment?

Never looked at the final shipping weight myself but I would guess that they work off estimates. I know RK tends to overcharge on shipping. HLJ won't give you a shipping estimate till they have the product in stock.

liegeprime
31st October 2013, 11:43 PM
Windcharger.

And yep, the other one is indeed Trailbreaker/Trailcutter.

OH thanks!!, :D gotta get them now then :D

jazzcomp
1st November 2013, 12:48 AM
It costs money to modify moulds, so if it isn't anything significant, it could just be left to be the same.
Besides, Hasbro toys will often have Takara on them, because they design the toys... Hasbro just exclusively owns the Brand name and concept (so they have their stamp on the boxes, but not necessarily on the toys, as they don't exclusively own the toy designs).
then they're just the same HOC = SCF? jus thought there were significant/obvious differences like thundercracker has a different colour canopy.

griffin
1st November 2013, 01:09 AM
then they're just the same HOC = SCF? jus thought there were significant/obvious differences like thundercracker has a different colour canopy.

The moulds are the same. The colours of the plastics and paints are different.
As noted by others, the Hasbro ones are translucent plastic that is fully painted (except the eyes, so that you get the light-piping effect), while the JP ones are solid-coloured plastic with some paint apps.

Never looked at the final shipping weight myself but I would guess that they work off estimates. I know RK tends to overcharge on shipping. HLJ won't give you a shipping estimate till they have the product in stock.

FunPub over-estimate their shipping, and check how much they charged... but will only chase up the buyer if it is under-estimated (they never chase up the buyer to give them a refund).

It's in the Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15196)... which every dedicated fan should have had bookmarked some time ago. ;) :p

jazzcomp
1st November 2013, 02:00 AM
The moulds are the same. The colours of the plastics and paints are different.
As noted by others, the Hasbro ones are translucent plastic that is fully painted (except the eyes, so that you get the light-piping effect), while the JP ones are solid-coloured plastic with some paint apps.
My untrained eye can't tell the difference.

Cat
1st November 2013, 02:05 AM
My untrained eye can't tell the difference.

The Hasbro ones are glossier because of the paint.

The texture is also different, because it's a fairly thick paint Hasbro used.

And look at the top of the head. If there's a square unpainted, that's for the light-piping, so it's HOC.

Gasaraki
1st November 2013, 02:57 AM
Really, try getting a replacement or refund out of some overseas online retailers sometime, I bet they won't help. Every time I've tried with the exception of BBTS they did nothing for me.

Well, I had 2 left feet on an iGear Cogz from RK a couple of months back. I sent them pics and they packed in a replacement right leg with my next order (which I had already placed at the time). I was quite satisfied, but guess I could've hoped for a spare Cogz! :)

Cat
1st November 2013, 05:21 AM
Well, I had 2 left feet on an iGear Cogz from RK a couple of months back. I sent them pics and they packed in a replacement right leg with my next order (which I had already placed at the time). I was quite satisfied, but guess I could've hoped for a spare Cogz! :)

Two lefts? Well, that's just not right.

*Boom Tish*

Verno
1st November 2013, 10:45 AM
I can find reference to a couple of Cons and Preds who are poets, but what about writers in general? Anyone know of any G1 characters that are cited as writers?

DELTAprime
1st November 2013, 11:19 AM

I've never had to contact RK for a problem so good to know they will look after you.

The only times I've had to contact someone other than BBTS is related to video games. I did get my games from the UK but not anymore after getting bad CS from both OZ Game Shop and Game. If a code doesn't work they won't do anything, EB Games on the other hand will give you a new one.

UltraMarginal
1st November 2013, 02:47 PM

I've had that once, I questioned them and got some store credit out of it if i recall correctly. I think their shipping weight estimates are a little high to cover packing costs etc. if it was just a couple items it probably wouldn't be that noticeable but if you had a massive bos with more than 20 figures in it you might find the discrepency adding up to a measurable amount.

Iriorne
1st November 2013, 03:11 PM
I've had that once, I questioned them and got some store credit out of it if i recall correctly. I think their shipping weight estimates are a little high to cover packing costs etc.

Interesting, I'll have to check the next time I ship a pile. I've only had one pile before and was so pleased by the relatively economical shipping that I didn't even think to check the what the actual charge was. :)

UltraMarginal
1st November 2013, 03:16 PM
Interesting, I'll have to check the next time I ship a pile. I've only had one pile before and was so pleased by the relatively economical shipping that I didn't even think to check the what the actual charge was. :)

that has been the case for me most of the time too. :o

Gasaraki
1st November 2013, 05:19 PM
I've emailed Hasbro, but I'll probably be taking it back tonight.

here is a pic of mine for comparison if anyone is interested.

I've rotated it so it's up the right way but it doesn't seem to be updating. oh well.

Interesting reading abt your case, in that for me I decided to pack him back in the box for now, so was glad the arm didn't actually lock in! Haven't noticed whether there's a black piece there, but I'm guessing there is as the arm never felt loose even though I knew it hadn't clicked in.

Will have to check when I get a chance... I've shoved it under my daughter's cot and these babies sleep a lot! :)

Gasaraki
1st November 2013, 05:21 PM

*Boom Tish*

*speechless*

:)

UltraMarginal
1st November 2013, 05:22 PM
I highly recommend checking it, if it's not there it really can't be fixed as lookin gat the design, the clip is installed between the front and back halves of the shoulder when they are joined together.

My Local Big W went from over 10 to 1 Metroplex in the space of 2 days.

UltraMarginal
1st November 2013, 05:24 PM
I recall someone wishing they could get another launcher for their MP Prowl/bluestreak but couldn't because they'd already shipped from RobotKingdom.

I'm just putting the offer out there that I can probably grab an extra few if anyone wants one. $10 each plus any extra shipping charges. My order is waiting for the MP Smokescreen so will not ba here till just before or after Christmas.

Please indicate interest before the end of the weekend.

Sinnertwin
1st November 2013, 05:29 PM
I recall someone wishing they could get another launcher for their MP Prowl/bluestreak but couldn't because they'd already shipped from RobotKingdom.

I'm just putting the offer out there that I can probably grab an extra few if anyone wants one. $10 each plus any extra shipping charges. My order is waiting for the MP Smokescreen so will not ba here till just before or after Christmas.

put me down for two please. I:ve had a change of heart Parra fair ok for payment? If not shoot me your details & i'll direct deposit :)

gamblor916
1st November 2013, 05:55 PM

I'm interested in a pair also.

Starscream77
1st November 2013, 06:29 PM

Put me down for 2 please mate

Cat
1st November 2013, 07:36 PM
I can find reference to a couple of Cons and Preds who are poets, but what about writers in general? Anyone know of any G1 characters that are cited as writers?

Cited how?

By bio only?

Or does use in fiction count?

If fiction counts, Ironfist immediately springs to mind. Although I guess you could argue that's more data than creative writing, I think he'd still count.

EDIT: Also, could someone please kindly point me to where the launchers are offered on RK's site?

I can't find it, and I too am after another pair.

Mythirax
1st November 2013, 08:26 PM

*Boom Tish*

My night was made.

DELTAprime
1st November 2013, 10:49 PM

Since I finally caught up on IDW RID last month I really want some launchers for MP Prowl, looks awesome in the comic. Please put me down for a set.

Gasaraki
2nd November 2013, 01:14 AM
I highly recommend checking it, if it's not there it really can't be fixed as lookin gat the design, the clip is installed between the front and back halves of the shoulder when they are joined together.

My Local Big W went from over 10 to 1 Metroplex in the space of 2 days.

Alright, have dragged the big guy out this evening... and yes that dark plastic piece is there. Thankfully what I surmised about the arm not feeling loose at all was correct... it must sit really quite loose if that piece is missing!

So did you manage to get a swap? I think we'd be hard pressed trying to do that in Perth as they seem to fly off the shelves pretty quick, except at TRU with their ridiculous pricing. Just a thought if you haven't swapped already - my box had loose rattling pieces when I got it, one being the missile and the other being one of the shoulder guns. Might be a teensy chance that piece became loose and is floating around in the box...??

Also, I was thinking what I'd do if I needed to get a swap, considering having spent nearly 3 hours applying the stickers. I think I would've bought one, pried the piece out to use in mine, and returned the new one claiming it was missing the piece... not sure if that's considered wrong, but it would've been Hasbro's manufacturing fault nonetheless, and what I've bought would've been status quo.

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2013, 01:24 AM
Also, I was thinking what I'd do if I needed to get a swap, considering having spent nearly 3 hours applying the stickers. I think I would've bought one, pried the piece out to use in mine, and returned the new one claiming it was missing the piece... not sure if that's considered wrong, but it would've been Hasbro's manufacturing fault nonetheless, and what I've bought would've been status quo.
Make sure you assemble and transform the toy before applying stickers! But yeah, one foot of my Metroplex had a stress mark appear well after I'd assembled and 'road tested' my Metroplex. Even if I'd gotten mine locally, the thought of having to reapply all those stickers would dissuade me from getting an exchange... I used a black marker to cover up the stress mark, so now you can see a black line across the foot. Meh. :p

Verno
2nd November 2013, 09:05 AM
Cited how?

By bio only?

If fiction counts, Ironfist immediately springs to mind. Although I guess you could argue that's more data than creative writing, I think he'd still count.

I was going mainly on Bio, but in-fiction is also good.

UltraMarginal
2nd November 2013, 01:40 PM
Cited how?

By bio only?

EDIT: Also, could someone please kindly point me to where the launchers are offered on RK's site?

I can't find it, and I too am after another pair.

I couldn'tfind it either. I emailed them and they got back to me. I need to confirm numbers and they'll send me an invoice.

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2013, 04:22 PM
It should be noted that Gelshark/Sky Byte is supposed to be a bad haiku composer, often confusing haiku w/ senryuu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senry%C5%AB). :p G1 Wheelie speaks in rhymes. In the G1 cartoon, Blaster sometimes spoke in rhymes too (and often did it a lot better than Wheelie :p) - similar style to Roadblock from GI Joe ARAH. ;)

As Cat said, Ironfist was portrayed as a writer in the IDW comics, using the nom de plume "Fisitron." :) Others whose functions might lend them to be writers include:
+ Skids, G1 (Theoretician)
+ Crosscut, G1 Autobot (Ambassador) - fluent in nearly 7000 languages, I'd say he'd be highly literate too. The diplomatic nature of his job would also likely require him to do a lot of writing.
+ Ultra Magnus, G1 (Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord). He'd be writing endless reports and other required paperwork as per regulation. All with meaningfully correct punctuation of course. ;)
+ Prowl, G1 - IDW Prowl would be similar to Magnus in terms of filing lots of paperwork, but even other versions of the character would likely have done copious amounts of writing as a military strategist.
+ Tailgate, G1 - IDW Tailgate writes a lot of personal notes as he tries to catch up on millions of years of history that he's missed out on. Allthouh hiz writting iz horibly mispeled. :p
+ Glyph, Archaeometrist
+ Megatron, G1 IDW. Megatron was the author of "After the Ark: Nominus Prime and the Illusion of Progress". He later revised his ideology (rejecting passive and pacifistic resistance in favour of applied violence) and wrote a new manifesto ("Towards Peace"), rallying many who were sick of the corruption and injustice in Cybertronian society and forming the Decepticon movement. Even those who became known as Autobots (including Orion Pax) came to base their beliefs on Megatron's original treatise. Megatron was also the author of the six-stage infiltration protocol.
+ Chief Justice Tyrest. Drafted the Tyrest Accord as a code of interplanetary conflict of which both Autobots and Decepticons are signatories (thus violators are indiscriminately brought to justice regardless of faction).
+ Any medic/doctor! (Ratchet, First Aid, Glit etc.)
+ Any scientist/engineer! (Huffer, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Magnificus, Shockwave etc.)
+ Any explorer! (Hound, a lot of Maximals etc.)

"In whose interests do you exercise power? To whom are you accountable? How can we get rid of you?"
- Megatron's 3 questions to the Senate, as asked by Orion Pax.

Gasaraki
2nd November 2013, 05:52 PM
Make sure you assemble and transform the toy before applying stickers! But yeah, one foot of my Metroplex had a stress mark appear well after I'd assembled and 'road tested' my Metroplex. Even if I'd gotten mine locally, the thought of having to reapply all those stickers would dissuade me from getting an exchange... I used a black marker to cover up the stress mark, so now you can see a black line across the foot. Meh. :p

Yeah you betcha - should DEFINITELY check that there's no faults before applying those stickers!!

By what you describe, it sounds like the stress mark is on white plastic??? (i.e. visible black marker line)... or is it on black plastic, in which case it should be difficult to spot the black marker right?

I had a problem with those black ramps that form the base of the forefeet... very easy to forget to fold them out when transforming from city mode and then if you try to make the legs for robot, you end up stressing the ramp, which leads to guaranteed white stress marks on black plastic... Grrr!

GoktimusPrime
2nd November 2013, 10:11 PM
By what you describe, it sounds like the stress mark is on white plastic??? (i.e. visible black marker line)... or is it on black plastic, in which case it should be difficult to spot the black marker right?
Black plastic. Looks visible to me... the marker black is a lot glossier than the flat matte black of the plastic. Meh.

Sinnertwin
2nd November 2013, 11:57 PM
Looking over the MP SW instructions, how long have Laserbeak & Buzzsaw been vultures, and Ravage a panther?

DELTAprime
3rd November 2013, 12:17 AM
Looking over the MP SW instructions, how long have Laserbeak & Buzzsaw been vultures, and Ravage a panther?

I've seen the Condors called Vultures before and Ravage refereed to as a panther. Can't remember where I saw it, sorry.

jazzcomp
3rd November 2013, 01:29 AM
Oops, wrong. HOC also have holes.... as griffin said - same molds used.

Paulbot
3rd November 2013, 08:35 AM

A panther is a black jaguar. I tend to think of Ravage as a panther foremost - despite the Japanese name but not sure where I picked that up from. (At least the instructions didn't call him a dog!)

Vultures and Condors seem to be pretty closely related birds too, and I think the words vulture and buzzard have been used for those two tapes occasionally in prose fiction and maybe the cartoon. (I know Optimus Prime called Laserbeak a tin-foiled turkey once!)

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2013, 09:38 AM
Ravage is described as a jaguar and Buzzsaw/Laserbeak as condors on their original Microman packaging. ;)

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/tfhjapan2/lot29/DSC05591.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5156/5889573113_d02be37b59_b.jpg
http://microforever.com/1983microchange.htm

M-bot
3rd November 2013, 10:36 AM
Are there any deluxe size toys with the Animated (or TFPrime at a pinch) aesthetic that are helicopters? It's for a repaint to Blades. Can anyone suggest something that may suit?

Hursticon
3rd November 2013, 11:57 AM
Are there any deluxe size toys with the Animated (or TFPrime at a pinch) aesthetic that are helicopters? It's for a repaint to Blades. Can anyone suggest something that may suit?

Only 1 that comes to mind that fits that bill is TFP's DLX Airachnid - But I wouldn't recommend this toy to a Gobots fan! :o

Golden Phoenix
3rd November 2013, 12:12 PM

The only Helicopter from Animated I could think of is Blackout (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blackout_%28Animated%29), but I don't think it would fit Blades very well.....
Although it is a Voyager, it suffers from Bulkhead syndrome so could still fit in, in terms of height anyway.

DELTAprime
3rd November 2013, 12:53 PM
IDW question. Spoilers Ahead!

I'm reading Autocracy in an effort to get 100% caught up on IDW. The personality of Zeta Prime leaves me with a big question.

If the Matrix is a repository for the wisdom of the Primes why is it that Zeta Prime is a Hitler style dictator, shouldn't he be granted the wisdom of the Primes and therefor be a good guy?

Paulbot
3rd November 2013, 01:45 PM
IDW question. Spoilers Ahead!

I'm reading Autocracy in an effort to get 100% caught up on IDW. The personality of Zeta Prime leaves me with a big question.

The MTMTE, RID and Autocracy too I think have recently reveal the real Matrix was stolen and missing for a time until Optimus found it. So unless my chronology is wrong (and it could be) Zeta Prime never had the matrix.

i_amtrunks
3rd November 2013, 01:55 PM
I don't want to quote Paulbot and reveal the spoilers, but he is 100% correct. Read Shadowplay from the MtMtE series for a little bit more information.

Currently we don't know who did it or why, but I am sure it will come up in a story some time sooner rather than later.

DELTAprime
3rd November 2013, 02:52 PM
So Nova was the last Prime to have the before Optimus, I didn't realise it was lost for so long.

Sinnertwin
3rd November 2013, 09:38 PM
Ravage is described as a jaguar and Buzzsaw/Laserbeak as condors on their original Microman packaging. ;)

Which is why it got me thinking when i saw them labelled as such on the instruction sheet.
Since the days of MC02 & 03, through G1, Alternators (where Ravage was very cleverly given an XK alt mode) right up until the recent MP's, I've always thought of them as a Condor and a Jaguar.

A panther is a black jaguar. I tend to think of Ravage as a panther foremost - despite the Japanese name but not sure where I picked that up from. (At least the instructions didn't call him a dog!)

Vultures and Condors seem to be pretty closely related birds too, and I think the words vulture and buzzard have been used for those two tapes occasionally in prose fiction and maybe the cartoon. (I know Optimus Prime called Laserbeak a tin-foiled turkey once!)

That is true. IIRC, A panther could also be a black leopard, as Panthers aren't a disctinct species, but rather a result of melanism.

As for the G1 references, along with your quote from a Prime Problem, this also came to mind afterwards. Although it took me a while to recall the episode :o
"You're cassette vultures have done well, Soundwave"
Megatron
Atlantis Arise

There you go, so they were labelled vultures from the start ,in the G1 cartoon anyway

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2013, 09:55 PM
M-bot: have you considered Tomahawk?

That is true. IIRC, A panther could also be a black leopard, as Panthers aren't a disctinct species, but rather a result of melanism.
Japanese uses the same word for panther and leopard (豹:hyou). The Japanese word for jaguar is similar to English (ジャガー:jagaa), but they can also be called "American panthers" (アメリカ豹). So as far as Japanese semantics are concerned, jaguars can be viewed as a sub-class of panthers/leopards. I'm speaking purely from a Japanese linguistic POV, not a zoological classification POV. ;)

As for the G1 references, along with your quote from a Prime Problem, this also came to mind afterwards. Although it took me a while to recall the episode :o
"You're cassette vultures have done well, Soundwave"
Megatron
Atlantis Arise

There you go, so they were labelled as such from the start (Laserbeak & Buzzsaw) in the G1 cartoon anyway
So...
G1 cartoon continuity = vultures
Everywhere else (unless otherwise specified) = condors
:)
Megatron's most likely doesn't care that much about the subtle differences between different species of insignificant flesh creatures. ;) :p

M-bot
3rd November 2013, 10:28 PM
Only 1 that comes to mind that fits that bill is TFP's DLX Airachnid - But I wouldn't recommend this toy to a Gobots fan! :o

Yeah, trying to avoid Airachnid, based on reviews:)

The only Helicopter from Animated I could think of is Blackout (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blackout_%28Animated%29), but I don't think it would fit Blades very well.....
Although it is a Voyager, it suffers from Bulkhead syndrome so could still fit in, in terms of height anyway.

Blackout may work, in that it wouldn't be designed to combine, and Blackout/Blades would still be smaller than Hotspot (using Ultra Magnus as a base). Hmmm...

M-bot: have you considered Tomahawk?

I did, but as it turns out, I'll be using this mould in a combining Protectobots team I'll be doing as part of a FrenzyRumble online customising class.

Thanks to all for your input!:)

Golden Phoenix
3rd November 2013, 10:45 PM
Blackout may work, in that it wouldn't be designed to combine, and Blackout/Blades would still be smaller than Hotspot (using Ultra Magnus as a base). Hmmm...

Considering they do make some pretty radical changes to existing characters, you could say Blades put on some weight......

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2013, 11:22 PM
Considering they do make some pretty radical changes to existing characters, you could say Blades put on some weight......
Or he just bulked him to become more kick@$$ (that would be more in character for his persona ;))

Does anyone here own both TakaraTOMY and Hasbro MP Soundwaves? If so, I'd love to see side by side comparison pics posted on the MP Soundwave comparisons thread (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15593). :)

Cat
4th November 2013, 03:41 PM
Anyone planning on going to the US soon, and doing the TF Ride, or going to Universal in general?

UltraMarginal
4th November 2013, 03:44 PM
Anyone planning on going to the US soon, and doing the TF Ride, or going to Universal in general?

Define "soon" ?:p

I'm hoping that I'll be able to afford the time and money to do Botcon next year, if that comes to pass I'll be taking a day at universal for the sole purpose of going to the Transformers ride.

Cat
4th November 2013, 04:03 PM
Define "soon" ?:p

I'm hoping that I'll be able to afford the time and money to do Botcon next year, if that comes to pass I'll be taking a day at universal for the sole purpose of going to the Transformers ride.

Hopefully sooner than that?

I'm after an item that is exclusive to them, and that I've only been able to find a single photo for. Nothing on Google Images. Nothing on eBay, which is odd.

I've emailed the Universal Store, as I just read on their site they can help with items not listed online, but I don't know whether they'll be able to help as I'm in another country, and I don't have a whole lot of identifying info to give them. I don't even know the price.

I just know I REALLY want this piece.

UltraMarginal
4th November 2013, 04:20 PM
Now I'm really curious. :confused:

I expect to spend a lot of money on merch when I get there eventually.

Cat
4th November 2013, 04:25 PM
It's honestly not a terribly interesting item for most people.

I just happen to like the look of it, and it looks like it's perfect for the type of stuff I enjoy collecting.

I don't know a whole lot about it, bar a single photo from a guy who photographed it for sale at the Universal Store. He didn't note the price, or the details.

This is a smaller version of his photo, it's the only thing I can find for it anywhere.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/KJ_81/imageersarf_zps793e7ac4.jpg

I think it's pretty neat.

UltraMarginal
4th November 2013, 04:29 PM
and that's why i'll be broke walking out of Universal studios... If it's only a few dollars I'll be all over that sort of stuff.

good luck finding someone going in the mean time Cat.

Cat
4th November 2013, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping the online store will be able to help me out.

I'll let you know what they say, and how much these will cost if they are willing to ship them here.

It looks quite nice, even from that horrid photo.

It may even be in scale with the SDCC Titan Guardians set, which would be an added bonus.

As it is, I think it still looks like a neat piece to have.

griffin
5th November 2013, 03:05 AM
That's new (since last September when I was there). I wonder if it is a posable figurine, or just a plastic "statue".

And I wonder if there are others.
Something I might have to look at getting when I go over there next BotCon.

If you are desperate, you could do like me, and do a day trip to LA. :p

Cat
5th November 2013, 03:16 AM
I've heard back from them already!

One email to let me know they've forwarded this to the Transformers team for investigation, and another to let me know they do have it, and the pricing!

That's wonderful service. Less than 12 hours.

As for articulation, I'm thinking those might be swivel joints at the shoulder, just very limited, and I'm assuming the head swivels.

If not, I don't really care anyway.

Anyway, they're $14.95 each.

Shipping for two is $30 (I asked about two).

Edit: Just spoke to them on the phone and finalised everything. Absolutely lovely to deal with.

I don't really know what I've bought, but even if it's just a statuette, I'm happy enough to own it. I quite like the look of it, and it's something a bit different.

It'd be great if it was to scale with the SDCC Titan Guardians set, but I think it may be a bit big for that.

griffin
5th November 2013, 12:23 PM
Is it just Bumblebee, or are there others?

It'd be weird if it was just Bumblebee... unless they have more characters to come.

I hope it's worth $30, and not end up being some cheap, fragile thing (like a number of their other merchandise items I have).

UltraMarginal
5th November 2013, 12:46 PM
That's great service Cat, I await hearing your impressions1

On an entirely differnt note:
I am pretty happy with my Soundwave, he seems to have a slight backwards lean but I can live with that, his eyes are what's bugging me, they aren't smooth, they have a slight circle shape in their surface:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20131104_214444_zpsae383a61.jpg

As you can see it makes them look a bit rough. is this a common problem or have I picked a dud?

Iriorne
5th November 2013, 02:21 PM
I think that circle shape is a dob of glue behind the transparent visor. I recall some units from the TT release having the same issue so I'd say you were just unlucky.

UltraMarginal
5th November 2013, 02:57 PM
I'll have another close look tonight but I'm pretty sure it's on the outer surface.