PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Paulbot
15th April 2008, 05:03 PM
Oh, those are a different sort of Legends to the current type (which is what I thought you meant). They are the robot only versions of the Pretender Classics (Jazz, Grimlock, Bumblebee, Starscream) from around 1989/1990 and weren't sold in Australia (as far as I know)

Sam
16th April 2008, 07:54 PM
I have a question about the Quintessons.

What role(s) did they, and their planet play (if any) in the comics continuity?

Please enlighten me with your knowledge. Thanks!

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 08:42 PM
They only appeared in the UK story, Space Pirates. Their planet was being destroyed so they were making plans to conquer another metallic world to make their homeworld. Cybertron was top of their list and they attacked Transformers there and on Earth but were eventually beaten by an Autobot-Decepticon alliance and exiled to space with their planet destroyed.

They do appear in the US comic in a straight adapation of the cartoon episode Big Broadcast of 2006.

In the Dreamwave comics it was looking like they were involved in some mysterious events in Cybertron history, and responsible for all female Autobots, but the story never got completed.

Robzy
16th April 2008, 09:33 PM
I'm surprised TFC-00 Prime is still so expensive despite the recent Encore re-issue. I'd been holding out for the price to drop b/c of the Encore but that unfortunately didn't happen. :(

I always thought that was because the TFC Prime came with the Collector's Album (which everyone wants/needs). I may be wrong tho...:confused::)

interesting because i have never seen these figures before
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=170208234938&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

i cant seem to find these galleries from the major TF websites

Here's the "Jazz" one on Seibertron...

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=1462&size=0&start=0

Screamer, Bumblebee and Grimlock are on there too :)

They are the robot only versions of the Pretender Classics (Jazz, Grimlock, Bumblebee, Starscream) from around 1989/1990 and weren't sold in Australia (as far as I know)

I'm pretty sure they were sold in Australia - well, at least I definitely know Grimlock was... cos my best friend in Primary School had him...

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=1463&size=0&start=0

I remember this figure specifically cos he was really cool! :)

Paulbot
16th April 2008, 09:54 PM
I meant the non-Pretender versions. I still have all the Classic Pretender versions. :)

Robzy
16th April 2008, 09:59 PM
Oh... in the words of Optimus Prime... "My bad"! :D

STL
16th April 2008, 10:33 PM
I had Classic Pretender w/out shell Jazz. I always thought I was missing parts but never realised till now it was packaged singularly as part of a "classic" line

Paulbot
17th April 2008, 11:37 AM
I had Classic Pretender w/out shell Jazz. I always thought I was missing parts but never realised till now it was packaged singularly as part of a "classic" line

The only difference between the Pretender and non-Pretender Legend version of Jazz (other than lack of shell) was that Legend Jazz had Pretender Bumblebee's gun (and non-Pretender Bumblebee has Pretender Jazz's gun).

TheDirtyDigger
17th April 2008, 12:04 PM
I always thought that was because the TFC Prime came with the Collector's Album (which everyone wants/needs). I may be wrong tho...

I have it (the book) but I don't really want/need it and it has a few books in there from various figures.
What would anyone be willing to pay for it?

autobreadticon
17th April 2008, 12:15 PM
thanks every1 for answering my question, guess i will be just collecting the robots and not the shells :D

sanbot
17th April 2008, 02:13 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to find a transformer which I had when I was a kid but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

I know its a bit vague, but all I can remember is that it transforms into a spaceship and is maroon/redish in colour. I think it was an autobot.

Any ideas people?

Paulbot
17th April 2008, 02:28 PM
Scattorshot?

kup
17th April 2008, 03:12 PM
Try this:

http://www.tfu.info/ID/index.htm

here is what I got based on your description:

http://www.tfu.info/ID/redplanes.htm

STL
17th April 2008, 10:51 PM
I have it (the book) but I don't really want/need it and it has a few books in there from various figures.
What would anyone be willing to pay for it?
I want the box. I don't care too much about the book, just the box.

TheDirtyDigger
18th April 2008, 11:06 AM
I want the box. I don't care too much about the book, just the box.

Haha...no I want the box. It displays well and is a neat lttle storage compartment for all those Primey goodies.

autobreadticon
18th April 2008, 11:31 AM
i just realised the movie scouts are repaints of older transformer molds..:eek:

which line are they from ?
Which one are new molds?
What repaints of characters are they?

thanks

Paulbot
18th April 2008, 11:39 AM
They are repaints of Energon and Cybertron Scouts. If they come with a key they are from the Cybertron line, if they don't they are from Energon.

Here's who's who:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Movie_%28toyline%29#Target_exclusive_Scouts

Gutsman Heavy
18th April 2008, 07:27 PM
Have the Universe Branded Cybertron figs been released in Australia? I want the deluxe two packs!

STL
18th April 2008, 10:54 PM
Have the Universe Branded Cybertron figs been released in Australia? I want the deluxe two packs!

Nope unfortunately. I waited and waited but recently grabbed them for about $27 each off eBay from the US shipping included. I don't think we'll get them but if we do, they'll likely be in TRU like Snowcat ended up being.

Gutsman Heavy
19th April 2008, 12:51 AM
thanks STL, eBay it is then,
What about the Movie Deluxe Cybertron repaints (Big Daddy etc) and Scouts (Warpath)? I really like the look of some of those, Big Daddy, Grindcore and Warpath are win!

Pulse
19th April 2008, 01:05 AM
What about the Movie Deluxe Cybertron repaints (Big Daddy etc) and Scouts (Warpath)? I really like the look of some of those, Big Daddy, Grindcore and Warpath are win!

Big Daddy is the Shiznit! You will lurve him! :D
I've also got all 12 of the Movie/Allspark scouts & I have to say (except for Arcee & Elita-One) their new paintjobs are very nice indeed. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with them. :)

Gutsman Heavy
19th April 2008, 01:18 AM
Are the scouts in local stores? (If memory serves the Deluxes are not here)

Pulse
19th April 2008, 01:24 AM
Are the scouts in local stores? (If memory serves the Deluxes are not here)

Except for Warpath, Stormsurge & Crosshairs, I've seen all the other 9 scouts in Myer, DJs, Big W, Kmart, Target, TRU & Uncle Pete's (Do you have a Toyworld/Uncle Pete's type of store in your state?).

Hit the stores tomorrow & I'm sure you'll find a couple that appeal to you. :)

roller
19th April 2008, 05:50 PM
I got g2 gobots Frenzy today, he is reddish

so i guess it finishes that debate about who is who, right?

Pulse
19th April 2008, 05:55 PM
I got g2 gobots Frenzy today, he is reddish

so i guess it finishes that debate about who is who, right?

Er Yeah. :D

Something tells me that Rumble/Frenzy debate is gonna keep continuing until the Aliens come down & finish what they started with Cartman...

Autocon
20th April 2008, 12:19 AM
is there a place to post ur photos of ur collection up?

Pulse
20th April 2008, 12:57 AM
is there a place to post ur photos of ur collection up?

Just start a new thread here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Autocon
20th April 2008, 12:01 PM
thanks
thought that was just for arty type stuff

roller
20th April 2008, 09:30 PM
A scientific approach to the cognitive functions of the majority of senior fans

The reason you dislike G2 is because your minds and bodies were undergoing 'significant' change during those years

Your teen angst brains gave you a rebellious streak that made you lash out at the current tf series, G2.

Years later, awed by poseable bws toys you forgot about G2 and the lingering memory of teen rebellion forever shaded your vision of what is truly a spectacular line.

Scientific fact people, yep airtight, right?

right!

dirge
21st April 2008, 07:38 AM
I don't dislike G2, I loved some of the new toys. I don't like the random bright colours on some of the toys, and the cartoon offers nothing that the G1 cartoon hadn't aleady done.

Gimme Cyberjets over Cyberslammers anyday! (:

sanbot
21st April 2008, 01:28 PM
howdy all,

I am still not having any luck finding that transformer that I mentioned in an earlier post. I think I'll just put it down to my hazy memory from my childhood :D

On to another question... My friend is going to America and I'm thinking to take advantage of this. So, are there any transformers that you can only get in the States and not Australia? I'm talking any generation.

Or anything in the states that is significantly cheaper then in oz?

roller
21st April 2008, 03:23 PM
The Universe 2 pack of Repugnus and Overbite were not released in Australia

the toys of the current lines would probably be cheaper as in past years the price of tfs in America has mostly been cheaper then here, and our dollar is king at the moment

Paulbot
21st April 2008, 03:42 PM
The average price of a Deluxe on the shelf in America is $US10 which gives you an idea of how much cheaper they are.

The Wal-Mart exclusive Movie deluxes (BigDaddy, Jolt, Grindcore, Divebomb) may not come out here and would be worth looking for to get cheap.

You might also look out for Classics Devastator, another recent toy that never it here.

sanbot
21st April 2008, 04:44 PM
Overbite, looks pretty cool.

I saw Devastator classic when I was in Taiwan. Was going to get it but unfortunately I had to show some restraint on my spending hehe

Any other suggestions? In terms of the "bigger" ones?

Is Wal-Mart a US version of Kmart? Hence cheaper? Any other retailers recommended to check out?

roller
21st April 2008, 08:22 PM
walmart gets exclusive tfs occassionaly, only sold at their stores.

Not sure what the current, if there is one, walmart exclsuive

Paulbot
21st April 2008, 09:53 PM
Wal-Mart looked like a bigger Big W store to me. And Roller the four deluxes I mentioned are their current TF exclusive.

Pulse
21st April 2008, 09:58 PM
Have you heard the rumour about Walmart possibly opening a few stores here in Oz?
Does that mean we'll be getting those TF exclusives as well :D? (not bloody likely)

sanbot
22nd April 2008, 11:55 AM
pulse, wouldn't that be great if they did have tf exclusives? but i agree, not bloody likely hehe

Is there a website that I can source whats exclusive in the US and what prices to expect?

Paulbot
22nd April 2008, 12:34 PM
This is my first spot to look for what on shelves in America, and the exclusives are listed separately: http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/sightings.html

Movie toys and merchandise listed on their own page because there's so much:
http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/movie.html

Dave's reviews (as well as being my favourite US reviews) always mention the (US) price he paid too.

roller
22nd April 2008, 02:01 PM
Actionmaster Axer apart from the ARcee spotlight has he appeared in any othe fiction?

sanbot
22nd April 2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks Paulbot, I'll check it out.

roller
24th April 2008, 09:10 AM
we try again

Actionmaster Axer apart from the Arcee spotlight, has he appeared in any other fiction?

Paulbot
24th April 2008, 09:26 AM
No, he doesn't seem to have, although I have a vague memory that he's in the background of one of the last Marvel G1 comics.

Pulse
24th April 2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if you might be able to provide me with some insight on this issue that's been bugging me. Thanks ahead of time. :)

Is there any main reason why Hasbro decided to change BW Primal & Megs from a Bat & Alligator to a Gorilla & T. Rex?

Were these 2 original designs "too basic"? Did the target audience not really connect with Primal & Megs being a bat & alligator?

I've been googling this & I can't seem to find anything to answer my query.

kup
24th April 2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if you might be able to provide me with some insight on this issue that's been bugging me. Thanks ahead of time. :)

Is there any main reason why Hasbro decided to change BW Primal & Megs from a Bat & Alligator to a Gorilla & T. Rex?

Were these 2 original designs "too basic"? Did the target audience not really connect with Primal & Megs being a bat & alligator?

I've been googling this & I can't seem to find anything to answer my query.

The original toy only story was that Bat Primal was actually G1 Prime reformatted and Croc Megatron was indeed G1 Megatron reformated using 'genetic experimentations'. The concept of Beast Modes was also considerably different to the cartoon (and following toy waves) in the sense that it was more Beast Machines in Nature. They weren't robots 'wrapped' around artificial organic skin but were actually Cyborgs composed of both robotic and organic parts.

By the time the cartoon was in preproduction, the writers (who did massive amounts of research on Transformers G1&G2) realized that the toy Beast Mode concept would not fly well with fans despite Hasbro pushing it so they changed it completely to make the Alt modes more Pretender like in concept, successfully maintaining the Transformers as robots similar to G1 despite organic looking Beast Modes instead of Cyborg Creatures.

I believe that the Original Bat Primal and Croc Megs were intended to be reformated into Gorilla and T-Rex modes to explain the larger figures but thankfully the cartoon writers decided to make the setting of Beast Wars to take place an untold number of centuries after the end of G2 with a whole new generation of characters.

I believe that this is also a reason why many of the BW cast have G1 names despite being completely different characters. They ware originally intended to be their G1 namesake!

Nowadays G1 names are slapped at random on figures to maintain copyright.

The Bat Primal and Croc Megatron story is only isolated to the initial toy release, it never made it to mainstream canon.

Pulse
24th April 2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks kup. :)

I guess a hell of a lot of planning/research went into the early stages of the BW era. Considering the debacle that was G2, they either had to save TFs or they would have followed the same path of Gobots.

roller
24th April 2008, 10:44 PM
in idw its says that the alligator form was optional but megatron went with the stronger trex form

roller
1st May 2008, 08:42 PM
is 2007 movie megatron technically a protoform? he never seemed to scan a new mode and he looks the same in the comics, your thoughts?

STL
1st May 2008, 10:26 PM
is 2007 movie megatron technically a protoform? he never seemed to scan a new mode and he looks the same in the comics, your thoughts?

My interpretation was that a protoform was a minimalist form for TFs when they go on long travels through outer space to conserve energon. They re-scan a new mode after they arrive at the new destination or access something from their old database.

I figured that since Megatron crash landed on Earth when he was in pursuit, he retained his basic Cybertronian form?

dirge
1st May 2008, 10:26 PM
No, because he travelled through space in his established alternate mode, which happens to be a non-Earthen form.

Autocon
2nd May 2008, 02:29 AM
wat is the time line
G1 G2 BW MW BM armada universe energon cybertron?????

:confused:

list all the toy lines if u can

Pulse
2nd May 2008, 02:53 AM
wat is the time line
G1 G2 BW MW BM armada universe energon cybertron?????

:confused:

list all the toy lines if u can

Um, this might help: http://www.seibertron.com/toys/ (Remember, alot of lines like Alts/Binaltech, Classics, Universe, MPs etc. overlap one another)

kup
3rd May 2008, 11:07 AM

I think that the term 'protoform' in the movie has been changed from a newly formed Transformer to one which hasn't yet acquired a 'native' alt mode.

roller
3rd May 2008, 05:11 PM
so going by that logic Kup, do you think he is a protoform?

Has anyone seen online HeroicDecepticon lately?

autobreadticon
3rd May 2008, 10:36 PM
hay, do fake encore ironhide and ratchet exist?
and are they being sold on ebay?

Pulse
4th May 2008, 12:04 AM
hay, do fake encore ironhide and ratchet exist?
and are they being sold on ebay?

I've never heard of a KO Encore Ironhide & Ratchet :confused:

autobreadticon
4th May 2008, 09:12 PM
Hay guys , need help identifying the names of mini-cons that are not repaints that come with say deluxe, supreme , ultra , etc.... transformers. Usulally not in a team (3 pack)

It has to be a mold not released with any of the teams in any of the series.

For example the mini-con appeared as a single for Armada but later repainted in a 3 set in cybertron.

griffin
5th May 2008, 12:57 AM
This should cover all the minicons from Armada to Cybertron:
http://www.tfu.info/faction/minicon.htm

Otherwise, there are the individual series lists.
Armada - http://www.tfu.info/series/armada.htm
Energon - http://www.tfu.info/series/energon.htm
Cybertron (not complete) - http://www.tfu.info/series/cybertron.htm

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 09:35 AM
thanks, TFU is a great website:)

STL
6th May 2008, 09:54 AM
As most would know, I'm a very patient guy but I've been waiting for my order from HLJ for almost 3 weeks now. It shipped via SAL and was supposed to have gone by the 16th April. Normally I would've received it by now but I haven't and am getting rather concerned. Does anyone think I should wait for a bit longer or initiate a dispute?

And an extra note: I tried using the forum search function to find the old HLJ thread but it limits me to a string of 4 characters which is a pain. Maybe we could shorten it to two letters? For RK? BW? G1? type threads?

roller
9th May 2008, 07:32 PM
since i have Deftwing and Ironfist does that mean i have all the Tfs considred Lightformers?

Paulbot
9th May 2008, 08:02 PM
since i have Deftwing and Ironfist does that mean i have all the Tfs considred Lightformers?

Yes

roller
9th May 2008, 11:02 PM
ta, do the Japanese have an equivalent of BotCon?

Does Takara do anything at BotCon?

autobreadticon
10th May 2008, 03:53 PM
Is there any difference in WST random pack HOT ROD
and
TRU exclusive Hot Rod
in terms of the toy?

It seems WST random Hot Rod is easier to verify that it is not a KO than the red box TRU pack.

When will the Robot heroes - Final battle packs be released?

I can't seem to find the 'bad ebay seller thead'

Does anyone know a good reference link to all the Macdonald toys ever made ?(i lost the link)

Any1 know of the Kinder surpirse transformer figures?

Does any1 know the current market value of BOTCON 2000 choro-Q toys?

Also a question to Griffin, can you give us a progress report on the news from the Hasbro Australia in terms of the exclusives they mentioned ?

thanks

Pulse
11th May 2008, 12:52 AM
Is there any difference in WST random pack HOT ROD and TRU exclusive Hot Rod in terms of the toy?

It seems WST random Hot Rod is easier to verify that it is not a KO than the red box TRU pack.

Sorry, I can't help you with that :(

According to this page: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=561 They were scheduled to have been released in Big W stores in Jan-Feb? (Last item on list) So, your guess is as good as mine :rolleyes:

I can't find it either :confused: but here's the old international one: http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=477 & the old Aussie sellers one: http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2864

Does anyone know a good reference link to all the Macdonald toys ever made ?(i lost the link)

Here you go: http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vfastfood.html#orig

Any1 know of the Kinder surpirse transformer figures?

Not that I know of... :confused:

Does any1 know the current market value of BOTCON 2000 choro-Q toys?

Check Demonbay: http://search.ebay.com/transformers-choro-Q_W0QQcatrefZC6QQdfspZ32QQfposZQ5AIPQ2fPostalQQfro mZR40QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1Q QsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsargnZQ2d1 QQsaslcZ2QQsatitleZtransformersQ20choroQ2dQ51QQsbr ftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

Also a question to Griffin, can you give us a progress report on the news from the Hasbro Australia in terms of the exclusives they mentioned ?

Sorry, I can't help with that :D

thanks

Hope I've helped with some of your q's :)

liegeprime
11th May 2008, 08:57 AM
ta, do the Japanese have an equivalent of BotCon?

I believe its more something like Supanova - theres the Winter Wonder Festival or Wonfest which is all about robots, anime etc. Not just TFs but not as dissapointing like Supanova in regards to TFs, as the Japanese do love their robots ( especially Astroboy). There was also a Tokyo Toy festival coinciding with "Boys day" (a festival for boys, just as there is a Dolls Festival aimed primarily for the girls). I believe HLJ has a link in their website to last years TokyoToy Fest 2007.

With the second query better wait for Griffin to answer that, I have certainly no idea if they do anything at Botcon since AFAIK Takara is limited in their market to the Japanese, while overseas and everywhere else Hasbro manages marketing and promotions. Probably a little bit:D

griffin
11th May 2008, 11:34 AM
Now that others have done all the hard work for me... :p

Is there any difference in WST random pack HOT ROD
and
TRU exclusive Hot Rod
in terms of the toy?

Not aware of a KO, or what it looks like. No idea on differences between the two releases of the real version either. Probably some minor colouring difference, if any.

As mentioned in the link posted above, Hasbro can change their release schedule at any time, or cancel it altogether.

It was removed for re-working. It will return in some form later.

I think the Toyfair report had a few updates, but would have to ask again for any revised release schedules.

do the Japanese have an equivalent of BotCon?

Japan had two 'BotCons' around 1998, but as liegeprime mentioned, they have a number of toy related conventions that have Takara and Transformers as a part of them. I don't think they have had a purely Transformers themed convention since their BotCons.

There are no Takara presentations or official Takara guests at BotCon, either because they are not relevant to the American release of Transformers, or the language barrier. A number of high level Transformers designers from Takara are there each year, but mostly because it is 'the annual Transformers convention' and it would interest them to attend the one convention themed on their efforts.

Pulse
11th May 2008, 11:59 AM
Now that others have done all the hard work for me... :p

Thanks for the kudos (I'll take 'em anyway I can) :D

autobreadticon
11th May 2008, 08:49 PM
thanks guy

who is custombot on ebay, the seller makes customs and lives in Melbourne?

Is this you LCZ?

iceburn
11th May 2008, 10:50 PM
bread..the one selling the customs on ebay is goro.
lcz does customs too here in Melbourne, so does turtleboy...

roller
11th May 2008, 10:51 PM
Since i own Power-master Meanstreak

does that mean im the best ever?

Borgeman
11th May 2008, 11:16 PM
Since i own Power-master Meanstreak

does that mean im the best ever?

theres a chance you might be :)

George

roller
13th May 2008, 08:14 PM
fellows is there a g2 actiomaster breakdown exclusive?

dirge
13th May 2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, was produced for one of the BotCons. 2003 IIRC.

roller
13th May 2008, 11:21 PM
thanks dirge

On this website, how long does it take for someone to receive a pm? it doesn't seem to be instantaneous, or are the people i pm just really slow typers?

Was it ever explained why Breakdown became an actionmaster long after the actionmaster process was abandoned?

dirge
14th May 2008, 12:21 AM
Was it ever explained why Breakdown became an actionmaster long after the actionmaster process was abandoned?

Not sure. griffin is the only person I'm aware of that possesses this toy. griff?

autobreadticon
14th May 2008, 11:45 AM
can any1 give me a little more info on mini energon optimus prime?, thanks

iceburn
14th May 2008, 11:48 AM
mini energon optimus prime??

Pulse
14th May 2008, 11:52 AM
You mean this one?

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/25/r_stdconvoy005.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/25/r_stdconvoy041.jpg

autobreadticon
14th May 2008, 01:28 PM
i lost the link:( , but it looks like a japanese blind package, with a white helicopter and red fire engine on the box as one of the random figures

not sure'if it is from the energon series but the ebay auction said 'energon mini optimus prime'

griffin
14th May 2008, 02:11 PM
fellows is there a g2 actiomaster breakdown exclusive?

BotCon 2004 had it, but it was not authorised or produced by Hasbro, like every other BotCon/Official Con toy. As such, it is not considered a legit Transformers product, but a custom job, kinda like the WST Dinobots.

On this website, how long does it take for someone to receive a pm? it doesn't seem to be instantaneous, or are the people i pm just really slow typers?

People can be slow to respond, especially if they only stop by once a day, or don't have time to reply straight away. The private messages are pretty instant though, like a message posting.

The AM Breakdown did not have any story written up for it, and it's biocard was pretty much the same as its Gen1 biocard, with one added sentence to say that he didn't mind not being able to combine with the other STunticons anymore.
If you are trying to work out where it fits into the TFs universe, Breakdown probably became an Actionmaster when everyone else became Actionmasters. Just because it was released in 2004, doesn't mean it can't be from a series that was released around 1990.

iceburn
14th May 2008, 02:27 PM
You mean this one?

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/25/r_stdconvoy041.jpg

STL and the others call it Fatimus Prime

autobreadticon
14th May 2008, 03:23 PM
more information please :) just to get me started

kup
15th May 2008, 12:39 PM
STL and the others call it Fatimus Prime

I wonder why? :p

dirge
15th May 2008, 01:29 PM
That name was applied to Energon Prime by fans before either toy hit the stores!

autobreadticon
15th May 2008, 10:05 PM
from the image it doesnt seem the figure ishould be classified as a mini transformer.

STL
15th May 2008, 10:34 PM
from the image it doesnt seem the figure ishould be classified as a mini transformer.

Maybe he's just big cos he ate a lot of mini-cons?

Gutsman Heavy
15th May 2008, 11:03 PM
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/3/3d/McEnergon-prime.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d4/Optimusprime_cybertron_burgerking.jpg
all I know of that could be mini energon prime

autobreadticon
16th May 2008, 11:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320251998582

This is the auction that sparked my interest

Pipesqueak
24th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether the missiles from an original G1 Ultra Magnus will fit in the launchers of the Hasbro commemorative reissue version, which I believe comes with the silly oversized missiles?

Also, do the two robot heads on the reissue have painted faces? (ie blue mouth plate on the white prime and silver face for the larger robot?

Thanks

Gutsman Heavy
24th May 2008, 06:02 PM
the reissue has a silver face, blue face plate. G1 missles will fit since the reissue has no retooling of the launchers. I want short missles :(

Pipesqueak
24th May 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Gutsman :)

turtle boy
24th May 2008, 06:44 PM
the G1 missiles and launchers will NOT fit. i just tried my self. it will not work.

Gutsman Heavy
24th May 2008, 06:59 PM
holy crap? really?

damn....

roller
24th May 2008, 09:14 PM
Gutsman did you actually try or did you just assume that theyd fit?

Gutsman Heavy
25th May 2008, 12:25 AM
Gutsman did you actually try or did you just assume that theyd fit?

assumed, I wouldn't have guessed they retooled the launchers

Robzy
25th May 2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, unfortunately they're totally different launchers! Kinda like the seekers' launchers! :(

I think most of the stuff is different in size... even my original Bluestreak gun won't fit in the Hasbro re-issue's fist! (So I have to use the damn black one! :mad:)

Pipesqueak
25th May 2008, 11:43 AM
OK, so what about the G1 launchers themselves? Will they fit into a reissue Ultra Magnus in both modes?

griffin
25th May 2008, 12:49 PM
Coincedentally, this is being talked about on the ATT newsgroup.

It doesn't work that way on a number of reissues.
The Hasbro reissues that had fireing missiles got retools on both the
launcher and missile shaft:
Prime, Magnus, Jazz/Stepper the original missiles had a round shaft allowing
the missile to be loaded in any orientation, as do Takara reissues from
before the US reissues. The Hasbro reissues have half of the shaft
circular, and the other half T shaped, so the missile onlt fit one way. This
change was kept for later Takara reissues (TFC Jazz 2nd release and Encore,
TFC Stepper, TFC and Encore Prime)
The Hasbro reissue Seekers's launchers and shafts have a larger diameter.
Later Takara reissues (TFC Screamer, Sunstorm, Encore jets) keep the
retooled launchers with an added insert allowing the original missiles with
the shorter diameter to be used.
PM Prime's missile anf launcher have a - shaped shaft and launcher hole
instead of Godbomber's O shaped shaft.

autobreadticon
25th May 2008, 03:40 PM
how many versions of deluxe primes are Hasbro releasing?

griffin
25th May 2008, 04:26 PM
What series?

autobreadticon
25th May 2008, 05:17 PM
sorry, for the animated series

griffin
25th May 2008, 07:06 PM
Optimus, so far known, will be released as an Activator, Bumper Battler, Deluxe, 2-pack (Deluxe size), Voyager, Super, and Roleplay Blaster. I think the Deluxe one is the only Cybertron mode version, all the rest are Earth mode.

excelonzero
25th May 2008, 08:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320251998582

This is the auction that sparked my interest

OH Kabaya Superlink Convoy (aka Energon Prime)

Assuming the auction is correct this is a complete Grand Convoy/Prime

WARNING The limbs come a separate box. There is no trailer for the Grand force units.The wheels on convoy do not move

I have this. So I know this isn't blind packed. You need two boxes:
(It looks like both are listed in the auction)
1) Grand Convoy
2) Limb pack: Fire 1, Gyro 2,Digger 3, Submarine 4

Optional Box.
3) Galvatron

The toy pulls apart to transform... see these photos:
http://au.geocities.com/hedrax173/otca/slconvoy.jpg

a) Both boxes: Convoy in Robot mode.
b) Convoy with Arm removed (part of transformation)
c) Grand Convoy: super mode
d) Partial Transform to truck mode
e) Truck mode

I'd still prefer to have a full sized Grand Convoy....

autobreadticon
26th May 2008, 12:49 PM
thank you excelonzero , hay what is a good price to pay for the set these days?

sanbot
26th May 2008, 03:10 PM
Was watching Transformers cartoon the other night, the episode where they discover Skyfire in the ice and it occured to me that it looks exactly the same as Jetfire. Some questions:

-Are they the same thing?
-Why is Skyfire sometimes really big and then sometimes the same size as the other autobots?
-I know how Skyfire and Starscream got seperated but how did Starscream turn from a scientist and a friend of Skyfire to such a megalomaniac?

sifun
26th May 2008, 03:16 PM
What happened to God Ginrai in the Victory series?
Why has starsaber replaced him?

Kyle
26th May 2008, 03:19 PM
Spoiler:

God Ginrai became Victory Leo in the Victory Series...

roller
26th May 2008, 03:48 PM
yeah Skyfire and Jetfire are the same guy-im not sure why they changed the name, but in the series bibal they said dont use his character too much

Skyfire was always depicted as being larger then the other tfs at the time

Starscream was probably disenfranchised with Cybetronian society and lashed out, or he could just be a really sadistic pscho with a love of violence

sanbot
26th May 2008, 04:09 PM
Skyfire was always depicted as being larger then the other tfs at the time

His size had nothing to do with his importance did it? He's such a pansy, I remember he gets one little shot and he's down for the count already pfft.

sifun
26th May 2008, 04:29 PM
but as in, why is starsaber the supreme commander instead of God Ginrai? why was he replaced by starsaber in the first place?

Demonac
26th May 2008, 05:07 PM
Sifun: coz they had a new toy to sell!
Shazam: Yea, Skyfire = Jetfire. Even though Bandai licenced the toy model out, they didn't do the same for the animation model. So Sunbow had to redraw it to avoid any legal entanglements. As to the sizing issue... it's G1, crappy scaling was par for the course :P

roller
26th May 2008, 06:12 PM
which episode is Skyfire the same size as everyone else? I remember him always being larger

Robzy
26th May 2008, 07:21 PM
Jetfire/Skyfire was originally intended to look more like his toy.

Here's Jetfire's original concept art...
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Jetfire1.jpg

I think they changed his name when they had to change the design.

And Jetfire's original design (as seen in the TV toy ad)...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Jetfire2.jpg

autobreadticon
26th May 2008, 09:37 PM
bad question :p

how much to deluxes normally retail for major retailers?

How much does TK normaly sell deluxe transformers for?
the new animated toys seem really overpriced

Paulbot
26th May 2008, 09:55 PM
Toy Kingdom had $27.99 Animated deluxes next to Movie deluxes for $26.99, so yes they were expensive. Big W is usually the cheapest for deluxes (about $24) and they usually range from $24 to $27 in other stores but most of us wait until they have a 20% off sale and you can get a deluxe toy for just under $20

roller
26th May 2008, 10:11 PM
heh i remember i time when deluxes mean $15 ish

Pulse
26th May 2008, 10:21 PM
heh i remember i time when deluxes mean $15 ish

Quoting Homer "You're living in the past, Marge! Quit living in the past!"

:p

sanbot
27th May 2008, 01:39 PM
Well maybe not exactly the same size as the rest, but one moment he'll be massive so that the other autobots can sit inside him and then the next minute he's only a bit bigger then the other autobots.

I guess, its kinda like the situation with Megatron when he transforms into a gun.

autobreadticon
27th May 2008, 07:37 PM
What is TK regularly cycle or usual promotions on sales?
Cause i want to get some figures ASAP on sale :D
i dont think i ever seen deluxes on sales @ TK

roller
27th May 2008, 08:23 PM
ok which one of you put smack in Breads bread again? :p

TheDirtyDigger
27th May 2008, 08:32 PM
Well maybe not exactly the same size as the rest, but one moment he'll be massive so that the other autobots can sit inside him and then the next minute he's only a bit bigger then the other autobots.

I guess, its kinda like the situation with Megatron when he transforms into a gun.

'Mass displacement' explains it all.
There's no Wiki entry on it atm but someone should sure make one.

roller
27th May 2008, 08:34 PM
which ep? Ive always seen Skyfire as a big big big bot compared to the others

Pulse
27th May 2008, 08:47 PM
'Mass displacement' explains it all.
There's no Wiki entry on it atm but someone should sure make one.

This wikia entry might explain it. (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Size_changing)

Paulbot
27th May 2008, 10:23 PM
What is TK regularly cycle or usual promotions on sales?
Cause i want to get some figures ASAP on sale :D
i dont think i ever seen deluxes on sales @ TK

I don't recall ever seeing Deluxes on sale at Toy Kingdom either. They never do 20% off toy sales. It might pay to shop around since STL found them for $25 at one Toy Kingdom whereas I found them for $28 at another Toy Kingdom store.

sanbot
28th May 2008, 01:01 PM
This wikia entry might explain it. (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Size_changing)

Very useful! Thanks.

I found this reference quite amusing. It almost sounds like a little kid trying to explain something.

“Where does Optimus Prime’s trailer go when he transforms?” The answer? Subspace.

Roller, I'm not sure which episode, it might have been the episode where they are battling on this pyramid. I'll have to check it out again.

On another note, anybody remember that episode where Megatron takes Gear's chip to power the Solar Needle that harnesses the suns power? Gear's is such a smart ass in that one, even though he's supposed to be more friendly, he still comes up with the funniest lines. Like when Megatron calls for him and he said in a really friendly and polite way, "How can I help you, Megatron, heh heh, you rotten hunk of scrap." I thought that was the best line I have ever heard! :D

roller
28th May 2008, 01:25 PM
ever notice how Gears, Ratchet and Scavenger all have similiar voices? Its a conspiracy

dirge
28th May 2008, 07:44 PM
No, it's Michael Bell.

Pulse
28th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Very useful! Thanks.

No problems Mate!

I thought every TF person knew about TF Wikia (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). It's comedic element puts it miles ahead of Wikipedia's TF content :D.

autobreadticon
28th May 2008, 10:01 PM
Hay can sum1 if Arcee transformed into vehicle mode in the animated series, and which episode it was.

Pulse
28th May 2008, 11:32 PM
Hay can sum1 if Arcee transformed into vehicle mode in the animated series, and which episode it was.

I think you left a word out - maybe the word was remember? - but we only saw Arcee in bot mode in Episode 7 - The Thrill of the Hunt.

roller
29th May 2008, 10:40 AM
jiargifnfgds 's can you tell me about Gamete? the little toy who came with Magnificus, why is he helping a decepticon?

ta

Pulse
29th May 2008, 01:24 PM
jiargifnfgds 's can you tell me about Gamete? the little toy who came with Magnificus, why is he helping a decepticon?

ta

I can't seem to find very much info on this q at all.

According to this page (http://www.microforever.com/2005Gamede.htm), the only thing I can deduct is that Magnificus was an outcast Destron who happened to team up with a humanoid alien named Ga'mede.

Two evil individuals working together for the common goal - It makes perfect sense! :D

roller
29th May 2008, 11:24 PM
thanks pulse, i want the toy now, Gamete looks so evil!

Anyone know if Tfs are sold in Afghanistan? or Morroco?

Autocon
30th May 2008, 12:07 AM
anyone tell me what series will come after animated?
is there anything planned

Paulbot
30th May 2008, 12:08 AM
The second movie line will come next

Autocon
30th May 2008, 12:16 AM
oops must of hit wrong button :P

Autocon
30th May 2008, 12:18 AM
and after that?? :p

thinking about where tf can go for a new series

roller
2nd June 2008, 10:19 PM
When animated is released in shops, the initial price will of course be larger then when the line is about to die

so, what do you think the price of a deluxe or the leader 2 pack will cost when its finally release in AUst?

The 2 pack is about $50 in Malaysia, dya think thats roughly what it will be like here?

Kyle
2nd June 2008, 10:30 PM
They are already in Australia... :p

roller
2nd June 2008, 10:49 PM
anyone got pics of the Premium jap Optimus ma21 in its box?

same with Henkei Tankor/Octane in box

Pulse
2nd June 2008, 11:57 PM
When animated is released in shops, the initial price will of course be larger then when the line is about to die

so, what do you think the price of a deluxe or the leader 2 pack will cost when its finally release in AUst?

The 2 pack is about $50 in Malaysia, dya think thats roughly what it will be like here?

I saw Wave 1 deluxes for $24.99 & Bulkhead/Screamer/Prime & Megs 2-pack for $44.99 today...

Kyle
3rd June 2008, 03:14 AM

They are already in Australia... :p

Sorry roller, didn't realise you're physically in Malaysia... :p

roller
3rd June 2008, 07:44 PM
anyone know where i can get a pic of the jap premium optimus ma21?

Gutsman Heavy
5th June 2008, 10:12 PM
Music label Soundwave, do you need to pull his hands off to transform him?

STL
5th June 2008, 10:28 PM
Music label Soundwave, do you need to pull his hands off to transform him?
IIRC, no. I think they fold in nicely underneath.

Paulbot
5th June 2008, 11:33 PM
They fold under, but I think some of the optional hands might not fit as nicely. I haven't tried them all.

autobreadticon
6th June 2008, 08:53 PM
this is lame to admit, but i just realize some of the movie toys are new toy molds, can you guys please list them for me?

Does anyone who any good transformer hardcover books that have multiple comics combined into one, similar to what you always see in Dirty's images when he photographs his toy?

Is the new robot heroes considered to be wave one universe toys, coming with the deluxes prowl, tankor coming out soon?

Paulbot
6th June 2008, 09:12 PM
this is lame to admit, but i just realize some of the movie toys are new toy molds, can you guys please list them for me?

The Ultras are repaints from Cybertron series. The Scouts are repaints from Energon and Cybertron. The Wal-Mart deluxes (Big Daddy, Jolt etc) are repaints. Everything else released so far is new.

Does anyone who any good transformer hardcover books that have multiple comics combined into one, similar to what you always see in Dirty's images when he photographs his toy?

Dreamwave's first series was reprinted in Hardcover. IDW have a big hardcover with their first three series. All of the Marvel comics were reprinted in Hardcover books. There is big hardcover reprinting all the Devil Due GIJoe vs Transformers comics. There are more softcover collections.

Is the new robot heroes considered to be wave one universe toys, coming with the deluxes prowl, tankor coming out soon?

Yes.

roller
15th June 2008, 03:10 PM
Hey notnerds

is there some site that has the Transfohmar mosaics?

whenver i type it into Google it just has other sites that might have the older ones.

Everywhere i go, "Feelin Yellow' is everywhere!

Pulse
15th June 2008, 06:15 PM
Hey notnerds

is there some site that has the Transfohmar mosaics?

whenver i type it into Google it just has other sites that might have the older ones.

Everywhere i go, "Feelin Yellow' is everywhere!

Have you tried these 2?

www.transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/

forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=2139

roller
18th June 2008, 11:09 PM
thanks Pulse

Is there any fan in the world who owns every tf, variants included, up to the Cybertron series?

Pulse
18th June 2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe DJ Soundwave (aka Eric)?

www.youtube.com/user/Actionfigurexpert

GoktimusPrime
19th June 2008, 08:39 PM
Harold Tietjens, Doug Dlin, Ben Yee... ;)

dirge
19th June 2008, 09:28 PM
Doug Dlin has a relatively modest TF collection.

Harold's is insane. He collects doubles so he can display both modes. Triples of combiners. Which means he has.... six... of each G2 Constructicon. And triples of stuff like the Micromaster gestalt teams (originals!).

I'll never forgot visiting Harold's collection - an entire double bedroom full of display cases. He's since moved (from Texas to Iowa), but that room was like a one man museum!

roller
20th June 2008, 12:03 AM
does that include all South American g1 as well?

dirge
20th June 2008, 12:11 AM
Harold? No.

roller
20th June 2008, 12:19 AM
tietjans or tightguns looks crazy in his first book

"Im gonna run you down with ma truck!"

Did tailgate ever appear in the g1 cartoon?

Paulbot
20th June 2008, 08:54 AM
Did tailgate ever appear in the g1 cartoon?

Yes, but Hubcap didn't.

GoktimusPrime
20th June 2008, 07:16 PM
Don't forget AxadayZero's collection - that dude built a small building (roughly the size of a large shed) in his backyard for the sole purpose of housing his TF collection. :)

roller
23rd June 2008, 08:03 PM
i was in the comic shop today and they had "Transformers sequel comics"

Are these comic sequels to TF movie 2?

Kyle
23rd June 2008, 08:08 PM
i was in the comic shop today and they had "Transformers sequel comics"

Are these comic sequels to TF movie 2?

I believe these are set between the 2 movies.

roller
23rd June 2008, 08:10 PM
oh stupid me

i meant to type "Prequel comics"

im pretty sure they are not the prequel comics from last year/movie 1

Paulbot
23rd June 2008, 08:12 PM
There is a new prequel comic book set before the first movie which I think was originally a Target US exclusive. It focuses mainly on the Decepticons coming to Earth and IMO is better than the prequel comic from last year.

There is also a set of prequel stories coming soon that were originally published in the new UK Transformers comic with each story focusing on a separate character.

roller
23rd June 2008, 08:14 PM
thanks paul, can you give me legs a rub? i walked alot today :D

loophole
23rd June 2008, 10:07 PM
I got a question which do you think is better to own on DVD for G1 Transformers the Rhino version or the Madman version? i've already got the Rhino versions thanks to Griffin from a few years back, but have recently found out that some of the Rhino stuff is incomplete if this is true do you think its worth replacing them with the Madman releases?

dirge
23rd June 2008, 10:58 PM
I didn't bother. I'm happy enough with the Rhino version that I don't want to go spend all the money again. Which means more money for toys (:

roller
23rd June 2008, 11:45 PM
the madman versions have more extras i think in beast wars they do

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 12:00 AM
anyone know where i can get a pic of the jap premium optimus ma21?

I now realize why you want this. it's the exact same box as the Leaders we get here except it has the silver "Premium Series" tagline at the top.

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51z1IWxJBKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

TheDirtyDigger
25th June 2008, 11:02 AM
Now we all know the green guy here is named Acid Storm and there will be a camo version designed by Archer in the next wave of Universe/Classics, even though Archer's is a dull 'realistic' paintjob compared to how he originally appeared in his flouro sexiness.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/632/rainmakersom6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1st Question) Does anyone know the names of the other two here or could make up decent names for them if there is nothing officially canonical?

2nd Question) Do you think if I begged Stencilator long and hard enough he would custom up these babies for me?

Paulbot
25th June 2008, 12:47 PM
I thought the yellow one was Sunstorm?

For the blue/grey one I like the name Hailstorm (Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Hailstorm)

roller
25th June 2008, 01:00 PM
the yellah one aint sunstorm, he appeared in MTMTE part 1

The other guy never had a name.

But das green one is Acidstorm

Send stencil some beer and he wiill do it, he will do anything!

TheDirtyDigger
25th June 2008, 01:03 PM
I don't believe it is Sunstorm as he looks like.....

thishttp://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5631/sunstormcartoonpl9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Much more orange.

dirge
25th June 2008, 03:44 PM
Knowing Hasbro the yellow one will likely end up being called Scattorstorm :eek:

Gutsman Heavy
25th June 2008, 05:19 PM
ON the TF Wiki the are lots of references to Skywarp pushing people down stairs, where does this originate from?

Pulse
25th June 2008, 06:34 PM
He has low self esteem so he pushes around other 'cons to feel better about himself? ;)

Paulbot
25th June 2008, 09:00 PM
ON the TF Wiki the are lots of references to Skywarp pushing people down stairs, where does this originate from?

TF Chatroom injokes... here's some explanation (http://members.fortunecity.com/msipher/transform/painted/hoc/skywarpking/skywarpking.html).

Paulbot
25th June 2008, 09:15 PM
I don't believe it is Sunstorm as he looks like..... Much more orange.

In that case I propose the three Rainmakers are

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/632/rainmakersom6.jpg

Acid Storm, Hailstorm, and Firestorm

They are related to Sunstorm and Thunderstorm (who maybe changed his name to Thundercracker when he became an elite Seeker?) and of course their descendant Mangostorm (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1005) :D

Old school G1 Kitbasher and trivia man Zobovor suggests Limelight (http://members.fortunecity.com/zobovor/pvc_limelight_repaint.html), Blue Moon (http://members.fortunecity.com/zobovor/pvc_blue_moon_repaint.html), and Goldwing (http://members.fortunecity.com/zobovor/pvc_goldwing_repaint.html), complete with G1 style tech specs.

Ah links and images :)

GoktimusPrime
25th June 2008, 09:23 PM
Firestorm is taken by DC Comics... maybe they could go with Sparkstorm (remembering that G1.5 Spark is also known as Pyro, which I assume Hasbro wouldn't be able to use as a TF name due to the X-Men character of the same name... although it didn't stop them in 1993 *shrug*)

Other suggestions:
Pyrostorm
Flamestorm
Blazestorm
Flarestorm
Ted

roller
25th June 2008, 11:51 PM
but anyway the 3 jets, only 1 has an official name

liegeprime
26th June 2008, 08:51 AM
Firecracker :D

TheDirtyDigger
26th June 2008, 03:53 PM
Scattorstorm actually sounds ok. :)As does Pyrostorm and Hailstorm.

Paulbot had a suggestion for the yellow one he told me but I think it's maybe not appropriate here...:o

roller
27th June 2008, 10:28 AM
Ladettes

i have a dilemma

The original tf movie soundtrack, does it just have the songs by the singers featured in the movie? eg: Weird Al, spectre general?

Or does it have the musical only music ? Eg: the musical bits heard when the decepticons are pounding the city and Megatron yells "Their defences are broken let the slaughter begin"

OR

Does it have both?

Paulbot
27th June 2008, 11:02 AM
Both

Firecracker
27th June 2008, 05:03 PM
Firecracker :D

I like that idea... :p

GoktimusPrime
27th June 2008, 06:56 PM
I like how you're like the only Transfan I've seen named after a G2 Gobot. :)

Gutsman Heavy
28th June 2008, 03:16 PM
bar the occasional paint app difference (and Hot Shots light) is there any benefit in getting the Micron Legend figures over Armada. Any cool tech spec cards or somthin?

Krayt
28th June 2008, 09:38 PM
The pakaging is often nicer.... even down to Basics are normally found in boxes, and if like the armada minicons they are on cards, they are not glued, only stuck so you don't damage your packaging.

Everyone comes with a Tech card.... I have a nice stack formed over the years....

Some lines have bigger differences. MP Optimus had his Smokestacks cut down for the Hasbro release, due to safety issues. They are the same reason the TRU release of G1 figures had bigger, bulkier missiles on the figures. Taking a step down from MP, Binaltech figures had dicast parts, while the Alternators were lacking and therefore fantastic plastic!

But to support getting more released here, I usually stick with the normal Australian release.... only getting a japanese figure if it is completely different in some way.... eg Classics Megatron... and even then, I've got both.

*edit*

Whoops... i started writing, and got carried away.... didn't remember you asked about a specific line :-P

dirge
28th June 2008, 10:51 PM
Micron Densetsu Hot Rod uses a far more sedate yellow than the awful bright yellow of Hot Shot.

Gutsman Heavy
28th June 2008, 10:52 PM
so do ML have tech spec cards?

STL
29th June 2008, 12:50 AM
so do ML have tech spec cards?

Yeap. All the Japanese lines do. One of the reasons I'm trying to complete Galaxy Force is b/c of them. :D

The ML cards are really nice. The figures though aren't as desirable imo but if u want the premium version definitely get the Japenese stuff. Hasbro's only line that came w/ separate cards was Energon but they featured different art to the Superlink ones. Also the Energon scouts did not come w/ cards. however, you'll find that the Superlink ones did so that's a major point of difference.

Whoops... i started writing, and got carried away.... didn't remember you asked about a specific line :-P

U know u wanna keep going. :p

roller
29th June 2008, 08:45 PM
i have the Premium Movie MA21 Optimus

was $130 a good price?

Does the electronic sound it makes, when you push the chest button down, a different sound from the US version?

Is the blade colour movie accurate????

I dont like the head too much

griffin
29th June 2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFMLPOP&lang=us

roller
30th June 2008, 09:49 PM
thanks Griffin

But, the electronic noise is different from the Hasbro version right?

jaydisc
30th June 2008, 10:03 PM
i have the Premium Movie MA21 Optimus

was $130 a good price?

Does the electronic sound it makes, when you push the chest button down, a different sound from the US version?

Is the blade colour movie accurate????

I dont like the head too much

I paid A$110.55 from F2F by ordering a pair with LCZ. The page Griffin sent you is for the Hasbro Premium version, not the Takara MA21 version, so I don't think that's an appropriate comparative price. Note that the packaging between the two is the same. The difference is, as per usual, chrome highlights.

The chest button sounds on Takara MA21 and Hasbro Premium version are the same, which is different to the original Hasbro Leader Prime. The Premium/MA21 sound is the traditional G1 cartoon transforming sound.

I would consider the shape and color of the blade to be movie accurate, although from a toy perspective, I find it to be a pain in the ass that gets in the way of transformation and makes emulating the movie difficult (retracting the hand to expose the blade)

griffin
1st July 2008, 01:08 AM
Ah yes, sorry about that. I remembered seeing it when last browsing RK and mistakenly though it was the JP one. Just ignore me in future. :p

STL
1st July 2008, 01:52 PM
Just ignore me in future. :p

How do u know we already don't? :p

Pulse
1st July 2008, 10:46 PM
How do u know we already don't? :p

I think you may have joined me in the bad books... :D

roller
3rd July 2008, 08:38 PM
Lo crons

I wish to know the names of the Cybetron (?) moulds that were used in

"Theft of the Golden disc"

I think some of them were reused in the movie line? IF so

which ones? I might want to repaint them into "Theft" characters one day:)

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 09:37 PM
Maximal Security Force
With the exception of Tigatron, none of the Maximal Security Force Maximals were based on toys, hence I'm referring to them as "hypothetical" repaints.
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/2/22/Maximalcommandsecurityforce.jpg
L-R:
+ Stopgap: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ head resembling Machine Wars Skywarp/Thundercracker.
+ Nitrostreak (Unit 1): hypothetical repaint of Clocker
+ Shatterpoint: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ Energon Shockblast-like head.
+ Getout: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head
+ Switchblade: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles Armada Cyclonus)
+ Overshoot: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ the same head as Stopgap.
+ 9K: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head
+ Tigatron (Unit 2): repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles Tigatron)
+ High Beam: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles G2 High Beam)
Not pictured: Cheetor - same mould as Tigatron, former cadet

Megatron: repaint of Cybertron Defence Red Alert with a new head.

Scorponok: Hypothetical repaint of Energon Scorponok with a new head.

Buzzbomb: Hypothetical repaint of Cybertron Buzzsaw

roller
3rd July 2008, 11:09 PM
thanks Gok

So anyone know the movie line repaints names? Yeah im lazy

STL
3rd July 2008, 11:31 PM
Cybertron Downshift = Big Daddy
Cybertron Thundercracker/Skywarp = Divebomb
Cybertron Crosswise = Jolt
Cybertron Landmine = Grindcore

Cybertron Mudflap = Mudflap
Armada/Powerlinx Red Alert = Inferno

Cybertron Jetfire = Jetstorm
Cybertron Wing Saber = Wingblade

Gutsman Heavy
4th July 2008, 12:44 AM
Maximal Security Force
With the exception of Tigatron, none of the Maximal Security Force Maximals were based on toys, hence I'm referring to them as "hypothetical" repaints.
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/2/22/Maximalcommandsecurityforce.jpg
L-R:
+ Stopgap: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ head resembling Machine Wars Skywarp/Thundercracker.
+ Nitrostreak (Unit 1): hypothetical repaint of Clocker
+ Shatterpoint: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ Energon Shockblast-like head.
+ Getout: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head
+ Switchblade: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles Armada Cyclonus)
+ Overshoot: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ the same head as Stopgap.
+ 9K: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head
+ Tigatron (Unit 2): repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles Tigatron)
+ High Beam: hypothetical repaint of Clocker w/ different head (resembles G2 High Beam)
Not pictured: Cheetor - same mould as Tigatron, former cadet

Megatron: repaint of Cybertron Defence Red Alert with a new head.

Scorponok: Hypothetical repaint of Energon Scorponok with a new and head.

Buzzbomb: Hypothetical repaint of Cybertron Buzzsaw

I'll add that in Theft of the Golden Disk, Scorpy is a re-painted Cyb Shortround, according to the TF wiki.

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2008, 08:37 AM
So anyone know the movie line repaints names? Yeah im lazy
You shouldn't ask questions for answers that you could easily Google for! Gggrrr! ;)

kup
4th July 2008, 10:15 AM
You shouldn't ask questions for answers that you could easily Google for! Gggrrr! ;)

Actually his question isn't that bad. Its well above the other guy's style of serial questions and he is not creating a thread for each one.

n2o
4th July 2008, 07:44 PM
hope this is the right section to post

i'm having some difficulties in transforming my MP Megatron...

in this pic, there is evident lateral distance between megs head and the connecting clip
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4378/p7030220qy2.th.jpg (http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p7030220qy2.jpg)

in these two pics, i'm having difficulty making the parts of the arms line up, i've tried clicking the elbow join to his forearm as low as possible but it still results in below

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7955/p7030221sw8.th.jpg (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p7030221sw8.jpg)

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7653/p7030223du6.th.jpg (http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p7030223du6.jpg)

dirge
4th July 2008, 07:51 PM
n2o (is that Dinitrogen oxide?), I find that my MP megs does that from time to time, although only because the sliding joints on his elbows are rather tight...

STL
5th July 2008, 09:09 AM
Did Galaxy Force Dark Ligerjack come with a tech spec trading card? And if he did, is it different to the Galaxy Force Ligerjack one?

griffin
5th July 2008, 02:45 PM
WHile on the topic of JP biocards, and since I'm such a noob on this board :p
Do the new BT toys (19+) not come with biocards, or I just can't find them (or didn't get them)?
I see some character bio bits on the back of the packaging, but would have liked to see the biocards continue with this series. It's not like they have stopped doing biocards completely, because the Henkei toys have them.
I just think it is rather odd that they may have dropped them on this line, but continued the BT numbers and packaging as if everything was still the same. (yes, I noticed that their fancy instructions booklet has been dropped as well, for a folded sheet of paper).

kurdt_the_goat
5th July 2008, 02:52 PM
I didn't get a tech spec card with my BT20 either :(

STL
6th July 2008, 01:03 AM
I didn't get a tech spec card with my BT20 either :(

:mad:

Gutsman Heavy
6th July 2008, 10:01 PM
Is there a DVD set out there that has Micron Legend with eng subs? I want to see the show with finished animation and a coherent script!

my friend "Timothy Orrent" hasn't been able to help.

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 12:01 AM
I would have no idea - but good luck finding it. Micron Legend >>> Armada

n2o
7th July 2008, 01:25 AM
i've only started looking at transformers again after my purchase of MP-04

and i'm interested in the number of different releases of transformers, in particular the "premium" lines such as masterpiece

can someone explain henkei ?
what other "premium/collector" lines are there and what are the differences between them ?

Tober
7th July 2008, 02:15 AM
i've only started looking at transformers again after my purchase of MP-04

and i'm interested in the number of different releases of transformers, in particular the "premium" lines such as masterpiece

can someone explain henkei ?
what other "premium/collector" lines are there and what are the differences between them ?

If you're after a MP-5 Megatron to compliment MP-4 then maybe have a chat to Rampage in the 'For Sale' section - he currently has one for a reasonable price. Otherwise owning it can be VERY problematic.

'Binaltech' is the Japanese technical line that compliments Masterpiece. They are diecast metal (with one exception). The USA alternative is the 'Alternators' line which is essentially the same except they are plastic instead of metal. Releases within these lines vary. There is also 'Kiss Pla' which uses similar molds with minor variations.

Later this year the 'Alternity' line will commence in Japan taking over from Binaltech left off.

'Henkei' is the Japanese equivalent of Hasbro's 'Classics' and 'Universe Classics' lines. The construction is the same however the paint applications vary - sometimes mildly, sometimes almost completely.

Bartrim
7th July 2008, 09:39 AM
Is there a DVD set out there that has Micron Legend with eng subs? I want to see the show with finished animation and a coherent script!

my friend "Timothy Orrent" hasn't been able to help.

Hey Guts, are you after Micron Legend or Superlink? If you want Superlink PM and I may be able to help you out.

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 10:39 AM
I only have two Henkeis - Astrotrain and Megatron, and my Classics Astrotrain and Megatron look like cheap Knock-Offs compared to them!! Mind you, I've intentionally selected Henkeis which are drastically improved to their Classics counterparts, as Tober has said, others are more mild in variation. But if you don't already own any Classics I would absolutely recommend getting Henkei instead.

n2o
7th July 2008, 07:38 PM
thnks for that Tober, i've managed to grab MP-05 off another forum member already without a hitch

i'm glad i missed the binaltech release... otherwise i would be a poor poor man.
all that metal *drool*
i think i'll start a fresh with the Alternity line.

has anyone started to round up interest in a bulk buy of Alternity Convoy ? it's only 3 months away. If someone does, put me down for two, 1 silver & 1 red

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2008, 12:15 PM
Don't forget that:

a/ The standard retail prices for Binaltech weren't that expensive. BTs retailed for 4980JPY (which is approx. $50) whereas Alternators initially sold here for $55 and later $45 (prices were later reduced to move stock after Alternators became shelf-warmers).
b/ They didn't come out in a single wave. Each Binaltech was released between a period of several months.
e.g.:
Sep 2003 = Smokescreen
Dec 2003 = Sideswipe
Mar 2004 = Bluestreak, Hound
Jul 2004 = Dead End
...etc.
This enabled us to collect them continuously as they came out without driving us broke because we usually had a few months between each release to save up for the next figure. :)

I agree that collecting Binaltech now would be a costly venture. But you wouldn't have been driven to the poor house if you'd collected Binaltech at the time of its release.

Pulse
11th July 2008, 11:34 AM
How many missiles does G1 Overlord need?

What I mean is this Overlord (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-1988-GODMASTER-OVERLORD-D-307-TAKARA-Rare_W0QQitemZ320197881605QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4694Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em118Q2el1247) has only 1 missile but when I look at this page (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Destron/Overlord/overlord.htm) I can't figure out where all 3 go?

I can see that one goes in his big gun but what about the other 2?

The reason I'm enquiring about this is because I'm kinda interested in him... :)

Pulse
11th July 2008, 12:45 PM
I've been studying this page (http://www.tfu.info/1988/Destron/Overlord/overlord.htm) & this page (http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/content.php?/transformers-toys/toy-gallery/810/Generation+1/Overlord.html) & when comparing them to this guy (http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-1988-GODMASTER-OVERLORD-D-307-TAKARA-Rare_W0QQitemZ320197881605QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4694Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em118Q2el1247), that Overlord seems to have everything. :)

He only seems to need one missile (his big gun), his small gun seems to be the cannon in his tank mode & all round he seems perfect...

griffin
11th July 2008, 01:58 PM
A lot of the old Gen1 toys had more missiles spare than what you needed. It meant losing more stuff too... :(

1orion2many
11th July 2008, 02:24 PM
:)From what I remember the other 2 missiles are only spares so it wouldn't be a problem with displaying him.;)

Pulse
11th July 2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your help Guys :)

Now that I've paid for him, I can't wait til he actually arrives... (Trust me, he'll definitely be displayed in bot-mode :))

1orion2many
11th July 2008, 02:34 PM
:eek:I'm glad I got mine a year or 2 ago, complete in box he cost around $270-$290 U.S but of course the Aussie dollar was worth less back then:rolleyes:. He is a very nice figure and you bought it off a very reliable seller in Fire-Masa.;)

funkyaw
11th July 2008, 06:34 PM
He is a very nice figure and you bought it off a very reliable seller in Fire-Masa.;)

I bought my Star Saber from Fire-Masa too. He was a pleasure to deal with - quick to ship and provide tracking info.

roller
15th July 2008, 06:41 PM
whats the name of that irish guy who does the commentary on the 20th anniversary DVd?

FFN
15th July 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure which 20th Anniversary DVD you're talking about, but you might be referring to Chris McFeely (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_McFeely), who also did the commentary of Metrodome's Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone.

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah he is. McFeely also did the audio commentary for the 20th Anniversary TFTM DVD - released in Australia as "Transformers The Movie Special Edition."

http://www.madman.com.au/images/slicks/bigones/mma3870wp.jpg (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseId=7765&method=view)

roller
17th July 2008, 12:30 AM
thankyou both

Gutsman Heavy
18th July 2008, 12:01 AM
the Japanese releases of the Unicron trilogy on DVD came with figures (like the Microns with the ML DVDs, or Noisemaze drone in GF)

What volumes come with what figs? I can't find much on the TF wiki

STL
18th July 2008, 12:24 AM
the Japanese releases of the Unicron trilogy on DVD came with figures (like the Microns with the ML DVDs, or Noisemaze drone in GF)

What volumes come with what figs? I can't find much on the TF wiki

Can't help you dude, I'd like to know myself a lot about the Japanese v Cybertron stuff but not enough ppl seem to know. :(

GoktimusPrime
18th July 2008, 02:51 PM
Pulse thought that my X-Dimension Microns were knock-offs! Lawl! :D

In answer to Gutsman's question...

Micron Legend
DVD 1 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd1.htm)
DVD 2 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd2.htm)
DVD 3 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd3.htm)
DVD 4 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd4.htm)
DVD 5 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd5.htm)
DVD 6 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd6.htm)
DVD 7 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd7.htm)
DVD 8 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd8.htm)
DVD 9 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd9.htm)
DVD 10 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd10.htm)
DVD 11 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd11.htm)
DVD 12 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd12.htm)
DVD 13 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/armada/dvd13.htm)

Super Link
CD & DVD draw prize Kicker (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/energon/dvdkicker.htm)

Galaxy Force
DVD 1 (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/cybertron/dvd1_gc02.htm) (limited edition)

Source: Autobase Aichi (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/)

Pulse
18th July 2008, 02:57 PM
Pulse thought that my X-Dimension Microns were knock-offs! Lawl! :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D

Well, They're packaging reminded me of those cheap Easter Show KO TFs... :o

Oh, & I hope my guys haven't cracked onto your femmes... ;)

griffin
18th July 2008, 03:05 PM
This JP TFs archive site is one I've referred to for several years now, it has heaps of toy info.
http://megatronofcybertron.homestead.com/

The Micron Legend DVD (Minicon/Micron recolour) exclusives are in the 2003 section.
http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/japanesemicronlegend.html

Superlink DVDs don't appear to have any exclusives.

Galaxy Force though, had toys with Vols 1,9,13.
http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/japanesegalaxyforce.html

GoktimusPrime
18th July 2008, 05:45 PM
Well, They're packaging reminded me of those cheap Easter Show KO TFs...
until you saw my Easter Show Galaxy Shuttle KO with the Lion Force Voltron head, hands and feet right? :p ;)

Oh, & I hope my guys haven't cracked onto your femmes...
Sunstreaker's in love with himself and Tankor's been hitting onto Marco/Gorilla. Prowl's been drifting all over my carpet. Jazz has sworn a life debt to my G1 Inferno after Beast Changer was doing something unsavoury to his leg (bad doggie!) but Inferno rescued him with a good hosing. Ah, the adventure never stops.

Pulse
18th July 2008, 06:27 PM
It sounds like they've been having way too much fun... :D

I've got a feeling that they're gonna be dragged kicking & screaming back home where another member of my TF Family arrived today... ;)

roller
31st July 2008, 07:44 PM
i recently received G1 Flash

now i can transform him to robot mode

i cant figure out the hood section, how do you get the arms out???

i dont want to break it and so far every firm pull doesnt get the doors open or the front wheels to the side

Also, i wonder if there is a record for simultaneous around the world rainbows?

autobreadticon
31st July 2008, 08:33 PM
Does classics sideswipe come with the accessory , the missle on his shoulder?

Tommy K
31st July 2008, 09:09 PM
i have a question, where does one go if lets say they want to get 1 of optimus primals swords? or 1 of movie starscreams misslies?, bits and bobs mainly lol i need to fix up some of my givenformers

dirge
31st July 2008, 09:40 PM
eBay.

I recommend TheRawHyde (http://stores.ebay.com.au/Bama-A-C-and-Collectibles_Transformers-Toys_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ12959726QQftidZ2QQtZkm ), an excellent eBay seller with lots of parts on offer, who is efficient and is happy to combine postage.

kup
31st July 2008, 09:43 PM
i have a question, where does one go if lets say they want to get 1 of optimus primals swords? or 1 of movie starscreams misslies?, bits and bobs mainly lol i need to fix up some of my givenformers

The Rawhyde is indeed an excellent seller but you still need to be careful when buying incomplete Beast Wars figures as parts are very rare.

However there are many more complete and affordable BW figures out there than loose weapons.

jaydisc
31st July 2008, 09:45 PM
I recommend TheRawHyde (http://stores.ebay.com.au/Bama-A-C-and-Collectibles_Transformers-Toys_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ12959726QQftidZ2QQtZkm )

I remember visiting TDD once, and referring to that seller, pronouncing his nick as Thera Whyde. TDD was most amused and corrected me.

Pulse
31st July 2008, 09:47 PM
Does classics sideswipe come with the accessory , the missle on his shoulder?

From the pics we've seen so far, it seems as though he's got exactly the same accessories as his brother - so the answer would probably be "no"

iceburn
31st July 2008, 09:47 PM
I remember visiting TDD once, and referring to that seller, pronouncing his nick as Thera Whyde. TDD was most amused and corrected me.

I would have read or pronounce it your way too...strange!

Paulbot
31st July 2008, 09:54 PM
i recently received G1 Flash

now i can transform him to robot mode

i cant figure out the hood section, how do you get the arms out???

i dont want to break it and so far every firm pull doesnt get the doors open or the front wheels to the side

Where's iamtrunks, our No #1 Turbomaster fan? :)

I recall the arms just swing out but I've not played with my Flash in some time.

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2008, 11:44 PM
Flash is the only Turbomaster I don't have! :(

Tommy K
1st August 2008, 05:37 PM
thanx for the help but idont think i saw anything really there for my suiting, another question is where can i find a tf hat, shirt or jumper or whatever?

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2008, 05:53 PM
Tees (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseTypeId=7&webChannelId=9&sortKey=3&productView=1&method=browse&pager.offset=40) (scroll down)
Hoodies and T-shirts (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseTypeId=7&webChannelId=9&sortKey=3&productView=1&method=browse&pager.offset=50)
T-shirts (http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?releaseTypeId=7&webChannelId=9&sortKey=3&productView=1&method=browse&pager.offset=60)
Jayjay's also stock TF shirts.

Madman will be one of the stallholders at Smash! (http://www.smash.org.au/stallholders/stallholders-list). :)

roller
2nd August 2008, 08:18 PM
My g1 wreckgar has the tyre thing on the side of the leg , its just a red rim and seems to have lost the 'rubber' anyway

he has a spare tyre, can the one on the leg be pulled off? it seems pretty firm