PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

griffin
24th February 2015, 01:53 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from Sky Shadow recently?

According to his public profile, he still logs in occasionally... he's probably just busy at the moment with other (more important) things. Send a PM and next time he logs in he should see it. Or try his blog or deviatart links in his signature for other contact options if you are a member of those sites.

Anyone here have all of the Club's Animated figures? I can't afford the full set so I'm wondering if there are any standouts of the 11 released so far I absolutely should try and get?

I had a look at my collection of FunPub Animated toys (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/c22.html), and was surprised that it took them until 2011 before they used an Animated mould, considering the Animated toys were out between 2008 to 2011.

When it comes to Animated toys (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/c11.html), the styling/sculpting/aesthetic of them was so uniquely different to any other line of Transformers, they were quite polarising for not being as easy to blend in with other toys from other lines (for play or display).

For the benefit of others to give their recommendations, these are the FunPub Animated toys...
- BotCon 2011
The Motormaster
Wildrider
Brakedown
Drag Strip
Dead End
Fisitron
Toxitron
Sideswipe
Autotrooper (x3)
Minerva (custom class)
- Official Club Exclusives (2011) -
Cheetor (noted as "Transtech in story, but used an Animated mould)
- Subscription figures (2013) -
Jackpot

Not as many as I had thought... I guess there are so many FunPub toys, it is hard to keep track of them all now.

griffin
27th February 2015, 03:08 PM
(moved posts discussing the Collector Club Animated toys to its own topic here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20449) as it has generated a significant number of posts - and sent copies of the two posts that were responding to something else at the same time)

CoRDS
1st March 2015, 05:50 PM
does anyone know what if any differences there are between the CW leader megatron and the upcoming Transformers Legends LG-13 Megatron

other than packaging

DELTAprime
1st March 2015, 09:43 PM
does anyone know what if any differences there are between the CW leader megatron and the upcoming Transformers Legends LG-13 Megatron

other than packaging

TT normally shows off it's deco closer to release, what we have seen so far is a placeholder image of the Hasbro version.

UltraMarginal
2nd March 2015, 10:17 AM

other than packaging

all I know is it's not out yet. and I'm still waiting.

griffin
2nd March 2015, 02:15 PM
It doesn't come out until May 30th, so probably don't expect a Japanese deco to be revealed before the end of this month.

Starscream77
4th March 2015, 08:10 PM
For anyone who has Green Giant and CW Superion or Menasor could you please throw up a comparison pic ?

prjkt
4th March 2015, 09:56 PM
I'll do so soon

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th March 2015, 09:03 AM
There's a few that come up on an image search.:)

Anyway, it's probably a bit early, but do we have a rough price estimate on the upcoming Reissue Trypticon yet?

CoRDS
5th March 2015, 05:05 PM
giant and superion
http://i.imgur.com/IvttxM5.jpg?1

Starscream77
5th March 2015, 05:48 PM
Thanks mate, appreciate that

prjkt
5th March 2015, 11:38 PM
here's a shot of all my combiners so far

http://prjkt.net/gallery3/var/albums/Resources/cwcrew/IMG_8793.jpg

(I don't include the recent minicon set, too small)

Zommael
7th March 2015, 11:02 PM
I've been looking at pictures of CW Superion, and found myself wondering, are all of the Aerialbot limbs except Alpha Bravo just retools of each other, with different alt modes but very similar robot modes? In which case I only need to get one version, according to my collecting rules?

Krayt
8th March 2015, 12:16 AM
Nah man, there is nothing similar between the planes so far.... But they do share similar design features. It's like the originals, all transformed exactly the same, designed with the same articulation, but 100% unique.

Unlike all the other teams, where every member was different.... But dead end and breakdown did it too, both cars, same transformation, totally different...

BigTransformerTrev
8th March 2015, 10:03 AM
What toy line do the Asia Kids Day Protectobots technically come under? Generations? Universe? Prime? Or is it just Thrilling 30?

Krayt
8th March 2015, 10:28 AM
I couldn't work it out either, but settled on generations

Omega Metro
8th March 2015, 10:54 AM
What toy line do the Asia Kids Day Protectobots technically come under? Generations? Universe? Prime? Or is it just Thrilling 30?

It comes under 'Generations' at BBTS. if they are the ones you mean.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2339&category=10335

prjkt
8th March 2015, 12:13 PM
Nah man, there is nothing similar between the planes so far.... But they do share similar design features. It's like the originals, all transformed exactly the same, designed with the same articulation, but 100% unique.

Unlike all the other teams, where every member was different.... But dead end and breakdown did it too, both cars, same transformation, totally different...

Not quite... Air Raid and Skydive sport the exact same moulding for the lower legs, combiner peg and slightly retooled arms.

Otherwise entirely unique ;)

BigTransformerTrev
8th March 2015, 01:37 PM
I couldn't work it out either, but settled on generations

Yeah, think I'll do the same.

It comes under 'Generations' at BBTS. if they are the ones you mean.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2339&category=10335

Wow - $55 :eek: They are like $10 on Amazon!

griffin
8th March 2015, 02:46 PM
I think they might have been exclusive to Amazon in America... and if so, BBTS probably bought them at full price from Amazon, before Amazon started reducing their price to clear them out... and BBTS take longer to discount items.

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th March 2015, 04:21 PM
finally managed to get my grubby mitts on TF Battle tactics for my Nexus 5, android. But the bloody game crashes constantly. Any tips? It's driving me nuts! I haven't finished a single battle without it crashing yet.

Think I've done it, just did a re-install. The dodgy connection at Starbucks must have messed with the DL when I tried yesterday. Here's hoping.

DELTAprime
8th March 2015, 09:53 PM
The dodgy connection at Starbucks

What, Starbucks is still a thing???:p

Verno
15th March 2015, 08:13 PM
I'd like a second opinion on something.

In this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKStW7-pMus) from the Beast Wars episode Bad Spark, fast-forward to the 3:30 mark: During Primal's flashback, do you think the planet in the background is Cybertron?

Paulbot
15th March 2015, 08:20 PM
I don't think so, too organic looking. Isn't part of his back story with Depth Charge about an off world base.

Verno
15th March 2015, 08:23 PM
I don't think so, too organic looking. Isn't part of his back story with Depth Charge about an off world base.

Rampage leveled Colony Omicron, then killed everyone on Starbase Rugby, then went on the run for 4 years until Depth Charge finally managed to capture him.

Paulbot
15th March 2015, 08:47 PM
That supports the idea that the flashback is not taking place in the orbit of Cybertron.

Trent
15th March 2015, 08:49 PM
Animated Blitzwing: is it a forgone conclusion that buying the Hasbro version will result in owning a floppy mess? Is the Takara version better?

Ta

Verno
15th March 2015, 08:51 PM
That supports the idea that the flashback is not taking place in the orbit of Cybertron.

Excellent. I appreciate the second opinion :)

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2015, 09:18 PM
Animated Blitzwing: is it a forgone conclusion that buying the Hasbro version will result in owning a floppy mess? Is the Takara version better?

Ta
I've personally found the plastic quality on my TakaraTOMY Animated Blitzwing to be substantially superior to that on my Hasbro Animated Blitzwing. Having said that, I had a notoriously bad run w/ Hasbro's Animated Blitzwing; particularly with the tabs that hold the tank turret in place showing stress marks, and my first two having faulty wing pegs. But I haven't heard this problem happening w/ anyone else, so it could just be isolated to me (much like how every MP Lambor I've seen has had weak shoulders, but everyone else says that theirs is fine). :o

Hursticon
15th March 2015, 09:30 PM

Ta

My Hasbro Blitzwing has always been rather good to me, given, I don't handle him much (If at all) but he's always been solid and MAN do I love his dumpy little "Metal Slug"-esque Tank mode! :D
(Not forgetting the Man-E-Faces homage ;))

Excellent. I appreciate the second opinion :)

Late to the discussion as always :o, but to chime in - I'd agree; that planet seems to have land masses & water, not to mention an atmosphere, so I reckon it wouldn't be Cybertron either. :):p

At least, if Maximal High-Command were worth their salt, they wouldn't want to be testing/experimenting on Protoform-X anywhere near Cybertron or its outposts. :D

Verno
15th March 2015, 09:51 PM
Late to the discussion as always :o, but to chime in - I'd agree; that planet seems to have land masses & water, not to mention an atmosphere, so I reckon it wouldn't be Cybertron either. :):p

At least, if Maximal High-Command were worth their salt, they wouldn't want to be testing/experimenting on Protoform-X anywhere near Cybertron or its outposts. :D

The planet not being Cybertron opens up a larger can of worms. If we assume the scene we're seeing is the Axalon's launch (it's shown to be collecting other Stasis Pods, as well as Protoform X's) then the Axalon wasn't near Cybertron when Megatron and the gang were stealing the Golden Disk. Is it just a large coincidence that Megs steers their ship towards wherever the Axalon is, presumably some distance from Cybertron, before trying to travel through time? Optimus says something in episode 1 about the Axalon being the only one able to lock on the Megatron's warp signature (meaning there was more than one ship in pursuit?) but surely they'd have to be in some sort of close proximity to be able to lock on to such a signature.

I like to over-think stuff :p

Paulbot
15th March 2015, 10:17 PM
The planet not being Cybertron opens up a larger can of worms. If we assume the scene we're seeing is the Axalon's launch (it's shown to be collecting other Stasis Pods, as well as Protoform X's) then the Axalon wasn't near Cybertron when Megatron and the gang were stealing the Golden Disk. Is it just a large coincidence that Megs steers their ship towards wherever the Axalon is, presumably some distance from Cybertron, before trying to travel through time? Optimus says something in episode 1 about the Axalon being the only one able to lock on the Megatron's warp signature (meaning there was more than one ship in pursuit?) but surely they'd have to be in some sort of close proximity to be able to lock on to such a signature.

I like to over-think stuff :p

I don't think it's the Axalon's launch as such, as I'd expect Cheetor to remember that part of the launch when the big mad robot was packed away? It's them putting Rampage into status for disposal and loaded onboard prior to the launch of the mission proper. And like Hursticon said I'd always imagined the Protoform X experiments took place off world.

I also assumed, from that line in the first episode, that the Axalon went after the Darkside, because yes is was the closest Maximal ship. It may have been the only ship in orbit of Cybertron ready for flight, and not actually started their mission (hence why they still had so many status pods aboard). I don't recall if they ever indiciated they had dropped some off prior to ejecting them in episode one.

Verno
16th March 2015, 10:07 AM
There's a 4 stellar-cycle (year) gap between when Rampage escaped (leveling Colony Omicron) to when Depth Charge recaptured him. Presumably DC would have dragged his ass back to Cybertron to hand him over to the High Council to deal with. They in turn wash their hands of the issue and hand Rampage over to Primal to dump somewhere.

As for Cheetor not knowing about Rampage being on board, I presume that Cheetor and Rattrap were actually in Stasis Pods at the time of launch, leaving only Primal and Rhinox 'awake'. Then, when the Pred ship pursuit started, they needed a few more hands on deck, so they woke Rattrap and Cheetor up to man the different systems. This then explains why Cheetor, Rattrap and Rhinox have to introduce themselves to each other when just after they've taken on new Beast forms. "Livin' large is for bots like me -- Rhinox" etc etc.

UltraMarginal
16th March 2015, 03:37 PM
so I was in Target the other day and noticed that the Hero Mashers Slag/Slug seems to have a mid production mould change.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20150310_121550_zpsclqmsfti.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/UltraMarginal/UltraMarginals%20Transformers%20collection/Forum%20Photos/20150310_121545_zps6bqigdtq.jpg

I'm trying to decide which one I prefer more, one seems to be more in line with the styling of the rest of the toy but the other has super big tail spikes, and probably isn't overly child safe.

Has anyone noticed this difference?
Any ideas which is the more prevalent?

griffin
16th March 2015, 06:07 PM
so I was in Target the other day and noticed that the Hero Mashers Slag/Slug seems to have a mid production mould change.

I'm trying to decide which one I prefer more, one seems to be more in line with the styling of the rest of the toy but the other has super big tail spikes, and probably isn't overly child safe.

Has anyone noticed this difference?
Any ideas which is the more prevalent?

I think they've just packaged the parts in different spots on the plastic tray, as it comes with both tails (spiked for Snarl and clubbed for Slug), as mine came with both tails.

UltimateGalvatron
17th March 2015, 08:23 AM
I was wondering is there any place in Australia that holds a Transformers Convention (like a Botcon or similar in Australia?) because I can't really afford a trip to America. Thanks in advance

UG

UltraMarginal
17th March 2015, 09:43 AM
I was wondering is there any place in Australia that holds a Transformers Convention (like a Botcon or similar in Australia?) because I can't really afford a trip to America. Thanks in advance

UG

:(
no.
there are pop culture conventions here and they are getting bigger and bigger
there have even been a couple transformers related guests at them.
check these (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15726)threads (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20506)

I'm not sure how old you are but if you're doing a trip with someone at some point tacking Botcon on the end on the way home is a great way of maximising the value of your overseas flight. Or doing Botcon and going somewhere else first.

it's about 20% more expensive than it was 2 years ago at the moment just because of the drop in the dollar which does make it harder.

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2015, 09:48 AM

UG
We had fan-run conventions in 2004 (Sabretron) and '05 (OzToyCon), but unlike overseas conventions, we didn't enjoy support from Hasbro. :( It's simply not financially or practically viable to run a TF convention in Australia. We do have regular fan meets in capital cities (e.g. Syd, Mel, Bris, Ade, Per) though. :o

5FDP
17th March 2015, 11:28 AM
We had fan-run conventions in 2004 (Sabretron) and '05 (OzToyCon), but unlike overseas conventions, we didn't enjoy support from Hasbro. :(

Hmmm... maybe we should revisit this as Hasbro seems to be more cooperative with the Australian fandom these days.

UltraMarginal
17th March 2015, 11:35 AM
Hmmm... maybe we should revisit this as Hasbro seems to be more cooperative with the Australian fandom these days.

and pop culture in general is a much bigger thing than it used to be.
and since 2007 so is transformers. there probably would be a fair number of walk ins to a transformers convention in a major city now.

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2015, 01:51 PM
Organising a con was easier 11-12 years ago when I was young and single. I just don't have the time to do something like that now, but if anyone else wants to organise one, I'll be there like Clive Palmer on a buffet! ;)

5FDP
17th March 2015, 03:19 PM
Organising a con was easier 11-12 years ago when I was young and single. I just don't have the time to do something like that now, but if anyone else wants to organise one, I'll be there like Clive Palmer on a buffet! ;)

I think the same can be said for the majority of us dude :)

UltimateGalvatron
17th March 2015, 03:51 PM
Ok thanks all for your suggestions and answers. I think we should revisit Hasbro Australia for a fan convention, maybe if it is only a 1 day, 1 off event.

UG

DELTAprime
20th March 2015, 08:32 PM
Is the Construction coloured Roadblock from G1/G2 (not the Pretender) actually the same character as the new TAV Roadblock?

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2015, 09:48 PM
Is the Construction coloured Roadblock from G1/G2 (not the Pretender) actually the same character as the new TAV Roadblock?
Apparently so (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Roadblock_%28G2%29).

Omega Metro
20th March 2015, 10:26 PM

This is the only one of those Japanese things that I'm interested in. Though trying to figure out if it has a 'G1' face or a RID/Prime face. No clear pics anywhere:mad:

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2015, 11:39 PM
This is the only one of those Japanese things that I'm interested in. Though trying to figure out if it has a 'G1' face or a RID/Prime face. No clear pics anywhere:mad:
It's a Scoop face (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/c/c4/Takaratomy-tav-07-roadblock.jpg). :o

griffin
23rd March 2015, 10:07 PM
Did anyone get the QT-18 Nemesis Prime (http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT82869/Sci) fulfilled at any online store (or find it at a store in Japan)?
The recent Figure King magazine has it grouped with the April pair (G1 Optimus, Lambo Megatron), so I'm suspecting that it was held back a month.

Bidoofdude
23rd March 2015, 10:40 PM
Since I'm having trouble (after contacting several members who I thought it was), can anyone point me to who did that reading of More than Meets the Eye with the Animated Megatron-ish voice? Thanks.

Paulbot
23rd March 2015, 10:51 PM
Since I'm having trouble (after contacting several members who I thought it was), can anyone point me to who did that reading of More than Meets the Eye with the Animated Megatron-ish voice? Thanks.

Is this the video you mean? http://youtu.be/xg6aiBlbj38

I did a good Megatron voice once but can't find that recording. :o

tinyJazz
23rd March 2015, 11:16 PM
Did anyone get the QT-18 Nemesis Prime (http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT82869/Sci) fulfilled at any online store (or find it at a store in Japan)?
The recent Figure King magazine has it grouped with the April pair (G1 Optimus, Lambo Megatron), so I'm suspecting that it was held back a month.

According to Amazon.jp: release date is April 25! (http://www.amazon.co.jp/トランスフォーマー-ネメシスプライム-ウェスタンスター-4900SB-トラクター/dp/B00U211YX4/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1427112565&sr=8-20&keywords=キュートランスフォーマー) :(
Tracks is June 27? (http://www.amazon.co.jp/トランスフォーマー-QT17-トラックス-シボレー-コルベット/dp/B00U21205U/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427112674&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=キュートランスフォーマー+トラックス)
Nooo

Amiami still lists both as late March. :/

griffin
24th March 2015, 12:31 AM
Thanks.

Tracks wasn't released either... okay. A June release explains why it wasn't shown with the other three that are now in April (in the Figure King magazine).
I've updated the monthly JP listing, and will update the main checklist later.

Considering they are such tiny simple toys, I wonder if the delay is due to lack of retailer demand, rather than issues with production.

Bidoofdude
24th March 2015, 07:58 AM
Is this the video you mean? http://youtu.be/xg6aiBlbj38

I did a good Megatron voice once but can't find that recording. :o

Yes! It was KalEl I was thinking of. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th March 2015, 11:24 AM
What, Starbucks is still a thing???:p
A horrible thing, yes....

I thought part of the flppiness was due to the shoulders being the wrong way round.

MAN do I love his dumpy little "Metal Slug"-esque Tank mode! :D

That times 100000000000

Thanks.

Considering they are such tiny simple toys, I wonder if the delay is due to lack of retailer demand, rather than issues with production.
From what I've seen in the local shops, they aren't doing too badly. Like a lot better than the AOE stinkbombs that are still hanging around, but looking at them and for and average price of ~900yen, and comparing them with other toys, they don't look to provide good value for money.

griffin
24th March 2015, 01:05 PM
Re: Q-Transformers.

From what I've seen in the local shops, they aren't doing too badly. Like a lot better than the AOE stinkbombs that are still hanging around, but looking at them and for and average price of ~900yen, and comparing them with other toys, they don't look to provide good value for money.

They seem to be like Botshots... over-priced for their size, but a "cheap" toy for the kiddies (cheapest you can get at retail), which parents seemed to prefer.
But I guess it's a bit like food or other items, which costs more by weight/size the smaller you get, and even though it might be more economical to buy larger, some people don't want to spend more dollars or want to be stuck with a larger size.

Anyone here getting the licensed Art Storm Unicron head (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%A6%E3%83%8B%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%8 3%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89-%E3%82%BD%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%E3%83%93%E3%83%8B%E3%8 3%BC%E3%83%AB%E8%A3%BD-%E5%A1%97%E8%A3%85%E6%B8%88%E3%81%BF%E5%AE%8C%E6%8 8%90%E5%93%81%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A5% E3%82%A2-%E4%B8%80%E9%83%A8%E7%B5%84%E3%81%BF%E7%AB%8B%E3%8 1%A6%E5%BC%8F/dp/B00MUFOI1K/ref=sr_1_55?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1427157271&sr=1-55&keywords=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%8 3%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC) from Japan?
It was released in the first week of March, and is 60cm tall... and would be about AU$350 plus postage to import (5kgs with packaging).

UltraMarginal
24th March 2015, 02:28 PM
Anyone here getting the licensed Art Storm Unicron head (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%A6%E3%83%8B%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%8 3%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89-%E3%82%BD%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%E3%83%93%E3%83%8B%E3%8 3%BC%E3%83%AB%E8%A3%BD-%E5%A1%97%E8%A3%85%E6%B8%88%E3%81%BF%E5%AE%8C%E6%8 8%90%E5%93%81%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%82%AE%E3%83%A5% E3%82%A2-%E4%B8%80%E9%83%A8%E7%B5%84%E3%81%BF%E7%AB%8B%E3%8 1%A6%E5%BC%8F/dp/B00MUFOI1K/ref=sr_1_55?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1427157271&sr=1-55&keywords=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%8 3%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC) from Japan?
It was released in the first week of March, and is 60cm tall... and would be about AU$350 plus postage to import (5kgs with packaging).

no, it's in the same category as ultimetal prime for me.
super cool, outside money budget and well outside display space budget. If I won the lottery and owned a mansion with a dedicated collection room/hall/wing, then yes:(:)

Megatran
25th March 2015, 11:06 PM
A request: for those that own the many repaints of the Classics Hot Rodimus, can you put them in one pic. Not to fussed in robot or car mode.

Thanks in advance.

Sinnertwin
25th March 2015, 11:24 PM
A request: for those that own the many repaints of the Classics Hot Rodimus, can you put them in one pic. Not to fussed in robot or car mode.

Thanks in advance.

Left to right

TFCC Sideburn, Battle in Space, Challenge at Cybertron, United 3 pack, Sons of Cybertron, Hasbro Universe, Henkei C05, United 23
and not pictured are Henkei Wild Rider and Shattered Glass Rodimus

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/20150325_231513-1_zpsk0aw50qw.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/20150325_231513-1_zpsk0aw50qw.jpg.html)

PS: if anyone has an SG RP for sale PM me!

Megatran
26th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks Sinnertwin. :)

How about the translucent black (C-78B) & translucent red (C-78C) variants.

Sinnertwin
26th March 2015, 11:28 AM
The SG and Wild Rider in relation to my previous post are repaints if the classics figure

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/hot_zps0vhpztig.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/hot_zps0vhpztig.jpg.html)

while the C78 Clear and Black are of the G1 figure

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/G1toy_crystal_rodimus_zpsshhb2vey.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/G1toy_crystal_rodimus_zpsshhb2vey.jpg.html)

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/800px-G1toy_darkhotrod_zpsiiozi6x3.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/800px-G1toy_darkhotrod_zpsiiozi6x3.jpg.html)
:)

Megatran
26th March 2015, 11:35 AM
They are indeed different moulds. :o

BigTransformerTrev
28th March 2015, 12:02 AM
Quick question:

Have they ever released the Western G1 4 Seasons on Blu-Ray? I'm assuming they haven't - but then I don't know everything so quite hoping I'm wrong :);)

DELTAprime
28th March 2015, 10:01 AM
Quick question:

Have they ever released the Western G1 4 Seasons on Blu-Ray? I'm assuming they haven't - but then I don't know everything so quite hoping I'm wrong :);)

Nope. There is no high res copy of G1 in existence. They would have to go back and rescan every frame, and chances are high that not all the assets still exist. The only reason there is a Blu-ray of the 86 movie is because there are film reels of the 86 movie. Film tops out at between 4k and 8k, Blu-ray is 2k.

DELTAprime
28th March 2015, 08:38 PM
Is there a complete list of Recommended Retail Prices for Transformers over the years?

I'm after JP prices in Yen (back to BW), Australian prices and US prices to G1 for my record keeping. I know TFwiki has some US prices I'm after but only for main size classes from BW to TFP.

BigTransformerTrev
28th March 2015, 08:50 PM
Nope. There is no high res copy of G1 in existence. They would have to go back and rescan every frame, and chances are high that not all the assets still exist. The only reason there is a Blu-ray of the 86 movie is because there are film reels of the 86 movie. Film tops out at between 4k and 8k, Blu-ray is 2k.

Well there ya go - I didn't know blu-ray worked like that. Cheers for the interesting info bud :)

DELTAprime
31st March 2015, 09:26 PM
Is there a way to lock TAV/RID Strongarm's shoulders or is that transformation mechanism non-lockable?

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2015, 10:41 PM
Is there a way to lock TAV/RID Strongarm's shoulders or is that transformation mechanism non-lockable?
Not AFAIK. Annoying, isn't it? :rolleyes:

DELTAprime
3rd April 2015, 07:38 PM
Sorry for all the questions as of late. Just wondering how tall CW Superion and Menasor are in CM?

ILikeSoundwave
3rd April 2015, 09:35 PM
Sorry for all the questions as of late. Just wondering how tall CW Superion and Menasor are in CM?

Menasor head to toe is 29cm tall.

Megatran
5th April 2015, 05:55 PM
Is the Monopoly Transformers edition sold at other stores other than TRU (I may have recalled someone mentioning Myer???)? $60 at TRU is a bit steep to pay considering a standard Monopoly is half that price.

You know you've hit the upper epsilon as a Transformer when the character is emboddied as a Monopoly Token. Well done Ravage. Now just waiting for the Hall of Fame call up. :D

tinyJazz
5th April 2015, 06:16 PM
Is the Monopoly Transformers edition sold at other stores other than TRU (I may have recalled someone mentioning Myer???)? $60 at TRU is a bit steep to pay considering a standard Monopoly is half that price.

You know you've hit the upper epsilon as a Transformer when the character is emboddied as a Monopoly Token. Well done Ravage. Now just waiting for the Hall of Fame call up. :D

I'm not sure if you knew this already, but if you're specifically after the ravage token, make sure you get the 2009 version.
I just ended up buying the Jazz token on eBay for eight bucks. :p

BruiseLee
5th April 2015, 06:19 PM

Seen them at either Games Workshop or Games World. EB Games may have them too. Reckon the price will be around the TRU price though. The licensed sets are usually around that price or more.

UltimateGalvatron
8th April 2015, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if the Legion two packs with the Basic Class Beast Wars figure and Legion Class figure were released in Australia?

GoktimusPrime
8th April 2015, 09:53 AM
Legion Class didn't exist back then. That's a new name for the Legends Class that came in 2011, and the Legends Class started with Transformers Cybertron in 2005.

Basic Class definitely existed then and Australia did get them, but missed out on the first three waves of the 1997 assortments! :eek: So as far as Basics are concerned, Australia missed out on Airazor, Razorclaw, Claw Jaw, Drill Bit, Lazorbeak etc. I was living in Japan when this happened, but when I returned to Australia in 1998, all I saw on shelves were Wave 1 from 1996 and Wave 4 onwards from the '97 assortment; and local fans told me that Australia had indeed skipped everything in between those waves.

UltimateGalvatron
8th April 2015, 10:36 AM
I meant the Age of Extinction ones, with Optimus Grimlock (Cruellock) Stinger Slug (Triceradon) and Bee Strafe (Terrosaur)

I know Legends class didn't come til Cybertron, sorry for confusion?

Paulbot
8th April 2015, 10:47 AM
We didn't get them here

BigTransformerTrev
8th April 2015, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know if Transformers Adventure: Rollbar come labelled as Gregevor on the box even from Japan? Just HLJ have him cheaper than BBTS but have him listed as Rollbar whereas BBTS have him listed with the other name.

I REALLY want the version that says Gregevor on the box for one of my oldest mates. Greg + Trevor = Gregevor! He will get a big kick out of it :D

UltimateGalvatron
8th April 2015, 12:21 PM
We didn't get them here
By Alpha Trion's beard!

griffin
8th April 2015, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know if Transformers Adventure: Rollbar come labelled as Gregevor on the box even from Japan? Just HLJ have him cheaper than BBTS but have him listed as Rollbar whereas BBTS have him listed with the other name.

I REALLY want the version that says Gregevor on the box for one of my oldest mates. Greg + Trevor = Gregevor! He will get a big kick out of it :D

The names Rollbar and Greenjeeper were listed by some initial sources because this toy was a homage too the 2000 Car Robots toy, who was called Greenjeeper by Hasbro fans... that was the same mould as the Hasbro RID Rollbar toy. The actual English name on the packaging is Gregevor (http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/151630872451_/Transformers-Adventures-Robots-In-Disguise-Takara-TAV08-Gregevor.jpg), which I think is meant to be pronounced Gre-jee-ver, to be similar to the Greenjeeper from the 2000 Car Robots line, as the Japanese printed name is identical to the Car Robots toy packaging (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Transfan2/media/TF2%20x%20COLLECTIONS%20PICS%20%20for%20recent%20p ics/Collection%2045%20Car%20Robots%20D-006%20%20Greenjeeper/COL-45CRD-006GreenjeeperTS-2PIC12.jpg.html). (so maybe that 2000 Car Robots toy was supposed to be pronounced like Gregevor, instead of Greenjeeper... but us English-speeking fans just picked an English name that makes more sense - like people calling the Gen1 Dezarus toy as Deathsaurus.

By Alpha Trion's beard!

The Movie exclusives that we got here, and missed (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=370739#post370739).

UltimateGalvatron
8th April 2015, 04:32 PM
We missed out on HEAPS :(

GoktimusPrime
8th April 2015, 05:54 PM
The actual English name on the packaging is Gregevor (http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/151630872451_/Transformers-Adventures-Robots-In-Disguise-Takara-TAV08-Gregevor.jpg), which I think is meant to be pronounced Gre-jee-ver,
Yep, that's pretty close. :D Say "Gree-jee-var." (グリジバー)

(so maybe that 2000 Car Robots toy was supposed to be pronounced like Gregevor, instead of Greenjeeper... but us English-speeking fans just picked an English name that makes more sense - like people calling the Gen1 Dezarus toy as Deathsaurus.
Not quite. :o Here's the thing...

GREGEVOR

* The first G is a 'hard G' as in words like good, get, golf, griffin, great etc.
* The second G is a 'soft G' as in words like agent, gem, edge, digital, giraffe, logic etc.
So you would pronounce the G's in Gregevor in the same way that you would pronounce both G's in the English word Garage.
* The first E is actually pronounced as a "short I" as in grip, it, giggle etc. It's not ideal having this vowel being spelt with an "E", but this is because the Roman alphabet is essentially little more than ornamental on Japanese packaging. :o
* The second E is a 'long E' as in words like meet, green, meat, feature, creation etc. I personally would've Romanised it with "EE," but again, most Japanese audiences don't give a sheet.
* VOR may be pronounced as "VAR" (rhyming with car), or as "VER" (rhyming with sir). Again the use of the 'O' syllable is arguably misleading.

So IMHO the following would be more accurate Romanisations of the グリジバー (Gregevor):
+ Grijeevar
+ Grijeebar (Japanese makes no distinction between 'b' and 'v')
+ Grijeever (Japanese makes no distinction between '~er' and '~ar')
+ Grijeeber
+ Grijeebre

Now of course, unlike Japanese, English is a stress timed language, but I would say that an approximated stress for Grijeevar would be on the final syllable, similar to the English word 'personnel' (per-son-NEL); so it's like, gri-jee-VER. 'Gregevor' isn't a great spelling for this name, as it's phonetically misleading, but it is now the official spelling. And this certainly isn't the first time that Takara has used ambiguous or confusing spelling for Japanese names. 1988's Cab's (キャブ) name is officially spelt as "Carb" (カーブ) on the packaging, 1989's Jalgar (ジャルガー) is "Jallguar" (ジャルグアー/ジャルグワー) etc. But it's because most Japanese people don't pay attention to the Romanisation; it's just there to look exotic.

Hasbro sometimes does the same thing too with Japanese text. For example:
Which of the following is the correct Japanese word for "Masterpiece"? (no cheating!)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/soundwave_mpkanji_zps5ejzywaa.jpg
(A) 創作
(B) 偵竹
(C) 傑作
(D) I don't care
If you answered "D", then that's pretty much how most people in Japan feel about Roman letters and English words on their packaging etc. :cool: :p

"Deathzaras" is an acceptable adaptation of "Deszaras" (desuzarasu; デスザラス) because Japanese people render the 'soft TH' in English as 's' anyway. e.g. Death Note (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note) is called desu-nooto (デスノート) in Japanese. I used to Romanise Deszaras as "Death Thalas" - 'thalas' being the Greek word for 'ocean' (θάλασσα) and the 'hard TH' is rendered as 'z' in Japanese (e.g. "The Headmasters = 'za heddomasutaazu' [ザ☆ヘッドマースターズ])... buuut of course, 'thalas' in Greek is spelt with a soft TH (Theta) and not a hard TH (Delta). :o So I go with "Deathzaras"... whatever the hell a 'zaras' is. :p

griffin
8th April 2015, 08:22 PM
So what you're saying is that if TakaraTomy are consistent with the Katakana between toys of the same character but alter or change the English printed name... we should ignore the English name and list/archive/refer to the toy by the actual translated Katakana? (which as you say, is just there to be exotic to the Japanese customers)

That would certainly make it easier in the long term... but probably won't look as nice to westerners if we use the translated katakana instead of the word that the katakana is aiming for. (like konboi being called Convoy by Westerners)

BigTransformerTrev
8th April 2015, 10:16 PM
The names Rollbar and Greenjeeper were listed by some initial sources because this toy was a homage too the 2000 Car Robots toy, who was called Greenjeeper by Hasbro fans... that was the same mould as the Hasbro RID Rollbar toy. The actual English name on the packaging is Gregevor (http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/151630872451_/Transformers-Adventures-Robots-In-Disguise-Takara-TAV08-Gregevor.jpg), which I think is meant to be pronounced Gre-jee-ver, to be similar to the Greenjeeper from the 2000 Car Robots line, as the Japanese printed name is identical to the Car Robots toy packaging (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Transfan2/media/TF2%20x%20COLLECTIONS%20PICS%20%20for%20recent%20p ics/Collection%2045%20Car%20Robots%20D-006%20%20Greenjeeper/COL-45CRD-006GreenjeeperTS-2PIC12.jpg.html). (so maybe that 2000 Car Robots toy was supposed to be pronounced like Gregevor, instead of Greenjeeper... but us English-speeking fans just picked an English name that makes more sense - like people calling the Gen1 Dezarus toy as Deathsaurus.

Cool! Thanks very much for the info :)

Might put off buying them until tomorrow - think I've already blown my TF budget for today :o

GoktimusPrime
8th April 2015, 10:56 PM
So what you're saying is that if TakaraTomy are consistent with the Katakana between toys of the same character but alter or change the English printed name... we should ignore the English name and list/archive/refer to the toy by the actual translated Katakana? (which as you say, is just there to be exotic to the Japanese customers)

That would certainly make it easier in the long term... but probably won't look as nice to westerners if we use the translated katakana instead of the word that the katakana is aiming for. (like konboi being called Convoy by Westerners)
I would say look at the Katakana and deduce what it's intended to mean or a more effectual way of spelling it. And yeah, if it means overriding the official spelling provided by Takara(TOMY), then so be it.
TFwiki does this sometimes. e.g.:
Cab (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cab); the official spelling on the toy packaging is "Carb," and the tfwiki page does mention this in the description of the toy, but otherwise they use spelling "Cab," as it is a more accurate transcription of the way that it's written in Katakana.
Minerva (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Minerva_(Masterforce)); the official spelling from the toy box is "Minelba" (because Japanese doesn't differentiate 'l' and 'r' nor 'b' and 'v'). But of course, ミネルバ (mineruba) is a common way of writing the name of the Roman goddess 'Minerva' in Japanese*, so TFwiki has used the correct original Latin spelling.
Translating isn't just about directly converting things from one language to another (that's why online translators aren't very good); it's about interpreting the meaning and intention of what the author is wanting to say and then adapting it for context, purpose and audience. :)

---------------------------------------
* As it is pronounced in Vulgar Latin. The Classical Latin form (preferred by Japanese scholars) is ミネルウァ (mineruWa); because the Romans pronounced 'v' as 'w' (but still spelt it with 'v'. The letter W didn't exist until around the 14th Century, and even then, it evolved as 2 u's (or 2 V's in uppercase) being joined together (VV, uu), hence why it's called "double-U."

BigTransformerTrev
9th April 2015, 12:08 AM
Cool! Thanks very much for the info :)

Might put off buying them until tomorrow - think I've already blown my TF budget for today :o

Couldn't wait so ordered tonight. Unfortunately HLJ had a limit of one per customer so I had to get one for US$16.99 from them and the 2nd from BBTS for US$26.99 :rolleyes:

prjkt
9th April 2015, 01:34 AM
Was this silly?

Wanted Gen. Legends Nemesis Prime for the targetmaster Spinister to give to Timelines Spinister just because. Also, after fiddling with Huffer, I've decided it's a pretty good mould.

BBTS had them for US$11.99.

Or with Cliffjumper and his targetmaster for US$14.99.

So even though I don't really want/need Cliffjumper (happy with GDO Cliff as my classics version) is spent the extra US$3.

So I repeat, was this silly?

UltimateGalvatron
9th April 2015, 06:16 AM
well even if you don't open it you can always sell it on. I believe Cliff didn't get released in Australia so you can probably get $10-$15 for it.

prjkt
9th April 2015, 11:49 AM
You make a good point there. Also still have an extra MOSC Legenda Tailgate, and MOSC Legends Windcharger and Thundercracker I'm not convinced on yet too... (Damn buying whole waves...)

DELTAprime
9th April 2015, 08:00 PM
Speaking of Japanese stuff. We know that there are going to be a total of five UW releases because of the interview with TF Yuki. Are there any rumors going around the international sites as to whats going to happen with the non-G1 CW stuff from a TT release point of view?

I'm wondering about Voy Optimus and the Masquerade Autobots, Voy Cyclonus and Galvatronus parts, and the non-G1 members of Superion, Menasor, Defensor and whoever IDW/Hasbro shoehorn into Bruticus.

I want to get all the CW characters, but don't want to buy the expensive local Hasbro versions only to find TT is releasing them later.

Paulbot
9th April 2015, 09:11 PM
I think we can only speculate at this stage and look at what they did with previous series.

TakTomy tend to use any Hasbro mold that exists but you can't always predict what they'll do with it or where. Look at Generations Scoop and Beast Hunters Knock Out now turning up in their RID line. They used IDW Generations Megatron, but skipped his retool. And they've not used either Skids or Crosscut yet.

I think the non-G1 members of the combiners are unlikely to turn up over there, since they appear to be not much more than repaints. The Voyagers might get used, the remolds seem a bit more substantial, but I could imagine them getting skipped at this point or even being other characters.

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2015, 11:23 PM
I'd be surprised if TakaraTOMY released Blackheat (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Heat) (JP version of Blackjack) considering that he's an Autobot. ;)

UltimateGalvatron
10th April 2015, 06:42 AM
You make a good point there. Also still have an extra MOSC Legenda Tailgate, and MOSC Legends Windcharger and Thundercracker I'm not convinced on yet too... (Damn buying whole waves...)

Yeah you could probably get the same for them too

SuspectimusPrime
10th April 2015, 10:04 AM
I'd be surprised if TakaraTOMY released Blackheat (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Black_Heat) (JP version of Blackjack) considering that he's an Autobot. ;)

That's pretty cool - unlikely, but cool. Would be really cool if they redo CW Prime into a Micromaster Overload (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Overload_(G1)) as well; that, and another 3 cars repainted into Micromaster decos and make it into a Micromaster combiner ;)

(Maybe CW First Aid as Fixit (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fixit_(G1)), CW Streetwise as Stakeout (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Stakeout_(G1)), and CW Rook as Barrage (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Barrage_(Micromaster)).)

UltraMarginal
10th April 2015, 01:25 PM
I think we can only speculate at this stage and look at what they did with previous series.

TakTomy tend to use any Hasbro mold that exists but you can't always predict what they'll do with it or where. Look at Generations Scoop and Beast Hunters Knock Out now turning up in their RID line. They used IDW Generations Megatron, but skipped his retool. And they've not used either Skids or Crosscut yet.

I think the non-G1 members of the combiners are unlikely to turn up over there, since they appear to be not much more than repaints. The Voyagers might get used, the remolds seem a bit more substantial, but I could imagine them getting skipped at this point or even being other characters.

He's a wise one that Paulbot

mitch
10th April 2015, 09:16 PM
hi guys, just picked up a g1 metroplex the rubber wheeled variant and have noticed that two of the rims are a gold colour. any thoughts :confused:

DELTAprime
11th April 2015, 01:08 AM
hi guys, just picked up a g1 metroplex the rubber wheeled variant and have noticed that two of the rims are a gold colour. any thoughts :confused:

Vintage or Encore?

mitch
11th April 2015, 04:27 PM
vintage

mitch
11th April 2015, 04:55 PM
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah275/007mitch/temporary_zpshqyvywsl.jpg (http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/007mitch/media/temporary_zpshqyvywsl.jpg.html)

griffin
14th April 2015, 05:08 PM
This is for anyone with the RID App on their device - how do you get it to scan the circular codes from the toys?
Each time I start the App it goes straight to the game. I can't get out of the game, and I can't seem to stop the game from starting when I tap on the App.

The toy packaging isn't much help, as it only says to install the App, scan the codes and play the game... but my device (Galaxy s4) will only play the game. There isn't even any options screen/menu.
Is my device already too old for this App to work properly?

UltraMarginal
14th April 2015, 05:49 PM
top right hand of the map screen, there is a logo with the spinning circle around it, select that, watch the instructional video and then go for it.

griffin
15th April 2015, 10:48 AM
top right hand of the map screen, there is a logo with the spinning circle around it, select that, watch the instructional video and then go for it.

How do I get to the map screen?

This is all I seem to ever get each time I start the app...

1 - Hasbro logo
2 - An image telling me what this app should do, with the "thinking" icon at the bottom, so nothing is touchable here.
3 - The scrolling "comic". Only one spot on the screen is touchable, which is the green arrow icon at the bottom. Touching it sends me to image 5.
4 - Even if I let the "comic" run to the end, it automatically goes to image 5.
5 - Another "thinking" screen that has nothing touchable before it jumps straight to the game.
6 - The game, with only one thing on the screen that responds to touch (the green tick box).
7 - And again, on the next screen the only thing that responds to touch is the green tick box.
8 - Which sends me into the game, and touching any part of the screen just moves Bumblebee. There's no icons or any part of the screen that can be touched to open up a menu or a map.

Which step was the map screen supposed to be showing up, or am I supposed to finish playing Bumblebee's level like an intro-sample before it goes to the full game & map?
(in case anyone asks, I checked that the app doesn't require any updates, so should be complete on my phone)

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/app1.jpg

Seraphim Prime
15th April 2015, 11:23 AM
Pretty sure it's an into level which you need to go through so you know the game basics, before it will open up the rest of the world.

griffin
15th April 2015, 01:38 PM
Okay... that's annoying.
So do you have to do this intro level every time you start the app, or once you play it through once it will just skip past it in the future?

UltraMarginal
15th April 2015, 01:56 PM
After you do the intro level there is a map that shows other battle locations, it's the top right of that screen.

as for your last question, that's a good one, I've only played through the intro level yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I played through it once just after the app came out, I can't remember if I finished it though. :o

griffin
15th April 2015, 09:40 PM
Okay... I've done the intro level and got to the map screen, and was able to scan in a few circular logos. But it isn't easy working out where to find things on the menu/map screen or what different icons do without having to tap on every one to find out. The App is in English, so why can't it have icons labelled, or have instructions, or just have the option to look up instructions from the start. Considering the toys are promoting the scanning of the toys into the App, I'm sure there are other people left wondering from that intro level and lack of menu or icon labelling, especially the young kids who only know about the App from the packaging telling them to get the App to scan in their toys.

Since I have a faulty battery at the moment, after I scanned in four of the circular logos from the Tiny Titans, my phone switched off and when I was able to turn it back on later, the game looked to have reset itself, as it started from the intro level and didn't have a record of the logos I had scanned in already.
So hopefully that was because of the phone shutting down, and not something I have to keep doing each time I go back to the game.
(and I had to force-close the App to stop it running while it was no longer on the screen, because there doesn't seem to be a way to exit the game from the App itself... so the music just kept playing on and on, even though I was using other things on the phone)

My first experience with game Apps on a Device... and I'm not impressed.
At least the experience will keeps me from getting addicted to downloading Apps and games.

autobreadticon
15th April 2015, 10:44 PM
Heya can any1 please help explain this photo for me, these are not KO Masterpeice Bumblebees.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3MFg5NjA=/z/LUoAAOSwEeFU-9k4/$_57.JPG

Lint
16th April 2015, 12:45 PM
Heya can any1 please help explain this photo for me, these are not KO Masterpeice Bumblebees.

Without any context all I can say about this photo is that its of a manufacturing error, the one on the right has had it's clear blue plastic switched with it's clear 'white' plastic. Hence the blue headlights and clear windshield

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th April 2015, 11:28 PM
I personally would've Romanised it with "EE," but again, most Japanese audiences don't give a sheet.

I'll admit, this made me LOL.

On the idea od the non G1 combiners, I reckon TT might just slap then in the TAV line. Sincce the combiners are in gift sets, it kinda messes with the Scramble city shenanigans, so hopefully they will pop them out that way.

Plus, they did that with the blackjack repaint. TAV seems to be all over the place with Animated moulds, Prime and TAV in there. That's what I hope for anyway. :D

prjkt
19th April 2015, 01:35 AM
Yeah TAV is pulling moulds from RiD, Animated, Prime/Beast Hunters, Generations and who knows what else.

Does keep it interesting though

griffin
22nd April 2015, 03:18 PM
Another question about the RID App...

A week ago I spent a fair bit of time scanning in all my toys, plus some photos from the internet of other toys (like Toyfair photos to see what they would unlock)... and a couple days later I start the App and I get a message saying that all my characters "have returned to Cybertron"... and they are all locked again.
Has this happened to anyone else, and it is normal?
If it is normal, that is so stupid.
What's the point of having dozens of unlockable characters on the App's character menu if you have to keep unlocking them each time you want to play the game?
Like, what if you're travelling, or on a lunch break at work, and you pull out your device and start up the game, only to find that you can't continue where you were up to because you have to use the "starter" characters.
That had better be something they fix, or else it isn't worth going through all those maps and harder enemies, if you are only left with the weakest "starter" characters.

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2015, 10:27 PM
When's the date for the next Parramatta Fair?

Handsprime
24th April 2015, 10:46 PM
When's the date for the next Parramatta Fair?

I think it's the 31st of May, which is 1 week after my birthday :D

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks. :)

UltimateGalvatron
25th April 2015, 08:35 AM
Another question about the RID App...

A week ago I spent a fair bit of time scanning in all my toys, plus some photos from the internet of other toys (like Toyfair photos to see what they would unlock)... and a couple days later I start the App and I get a message saying that all my characters "have returned to Cybertron"... and they are all locked again.
Has this happened to anyone else, and it is normal?
If it is normal, that is so stupid.
What's the point of having dozens of unlockable characters on the App's character menu if you have to keep unlocking them each time you want to play the game?
Like, what if you're travelling, or on a lunch break at work, and you pull out your device and start up the game, only to find that you can't continue where you were up to because you have to use the "starter" characters.
That had better be something they fix, or else it isn't worth going through all those maps and harder enemies, if you are only left with the weakest "starter" characters.

I only played it a bit before getting rid of it (hey Rid, :p) but they are only unlocked if you scan them for a limited time.

UltimateGalvatron
25th April 2015, 08:38 AM
What is the difference between MOSC (mint on sealed card) and MISB (mint in standard box)?

Paulbot
25th April 2015, 08:45 AM
MISB is a *sealed* box. Both terms mean the same thing, an unopened toy, it's just that some toys are on a backing card (eg deluxes, legions) and some in boxes (voyagers, leaders).

Some people use MISP (mint in sealed package) to cover both, and some (like me) use the two different terms to be overly accurate.

UltimateGalvatron
25th April 2015, 09:01 AM
MISB is a *sealed* box. Both terms mean the same thing, an unopened toy, it's just that some toys are on a backing card (eg deluxes, legions) and some in boxes (voyagers, leaders).

Some people use MISP (mint in sealed package) to cover both, and some (like me) use the two different terms to be overly accurate.

Ok thanks

Starscream77
25th April 2015, 10:47 AM

I couldn't find anything on it, where did you find the date?

Handsprime
25th April 2015, 11:30 AM
I couldn't find anything on it, where did you find the date?

Well I believe it's the week after the record fair, which is on the 24th.
EDIT: Checked online and can confirm it is 31st, so it is 1 week after the record fair.

GoktimusPrime
27th April 2015, 12:30 AM
"What does the Transformers theme sound like in a capella?"

Good question, Goki. Check it out! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5RSPypJgFw) ;)

UltraMarginal
27th April 2015, 11:32 AM

Good question, Goki. Check it out! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5RSPypJgFw) ;)

that was pretty cool and their other work is pretty impressive, ie: dr Who theme

Handsprime
27th April 2015, 01:25 PM

How have I not discovered this before? Love the guy in the top left corner.

UltimateGalvatron
29th April 2015, 05:33 PM
Do you need a Gunformer License to import an MP5G? a.k.a Masterpiece Gold Megatron

UltraMarginal
29th April 2015, 05:46 PM
Do you need a Gunformer License to import an MP5G? a.k.a Masterpiece Gold Megatron

given that you live in NSW I'd expect it's an identical ruling to the regular Masterpiece megs.

you will need a replica firearms permit, there is a thread on here somewhere that outlines all the requirements and points you to NSW government websites.

UltimateGalvatron
29th April 2015, 09:09 PM
given that you live in NSW I'd expect it's an identical ruling to the regular Masterpiece megs.

you will need a replica firearms permit, there is a thread on here somewhere that outlines all the requirements and points you to NSW government websites.

Ok then, just though because of his obvious not real-gun looking-ness you wouldn't need one. Damn.

griffin
29th April 2015, 09:25 PM
It applies (see the topic here as I had my Gold Megatron seized (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265))... because some people might be tempted to spray paint their gun gold for the bling value, and that's why the Gold Megatron would still be deemed imitation enough. If it was a fluro orange or another odd colour, then it probably wouldn't be.

UltimateGalvatron
29th April 2015, 09:35 PM
It applies (see the topic here as I had my Gold Megatron seized (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20265))... because some people might be tempted to spray paint their gun gold for the bling value, and that's why the Gold Megatron would still be deemed imitation enough. If it was a fluro orange or another odd colour, then it probably wouldn't be.

... Dark Energon (Purple?) G1 Megatron? Anyone? Anyone?

Bidoofdude
29th April 2015, 10:08 PM

Wasn't a fluoro coloured Megatron reissue shot down quite long ago?

griffin
30th April 2015, 01:47 AM
Wasn't a fluoro coloured Megatron reissue shot down quite long ago?

I think it was shot down because of how bad it had to look just to make it legal in America... and as such they wouldn't be able to sell it to fans and regular consumers for being "ruined" or too weird to accept it as a Gen1 Megatron "reissue".

Bladestorm
30th April 2015, 01:59 AM
Has Hasbro ever made a Nerf gun Megatron? They'd have an excuse to make him fluoro orange and blue AND if he converted from robot into Nerf gun who WOULDN'T want one?!?! (and he'd be legal too right?)

Krayt
30th April 2015, 06:39 AM
Classics megatron was nerf looking, but not officially and not working....http://tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/ClassicsMegatron/megatron.htm

Takara reprinted this into G1 colours for their release

CyberiusPrime
30th April 2015, 08:10 AM
I may have missed it, but when is Wave 2 of Combiner Wars due out here in Oz?

GoktimusPrime
30th April 2015, 09:09 AM
Has Hasbro ever made a Nerf gun Megatron? They'd have an excuse to make him fluoro orange and blue AND if he converted from robot into Nerf gun who WOULDN'T want one?!?! (and he'd be legal too right?)
Yes. Classics Megatron is a Nerf N-Strike Maverick. The same mould was also used for Henkei and United Megatron (which have much nicer G1 colours as opposed to Classics Megs' Nerftastic "Clown" colours ;)).

AFAIK colourisation doesn't affect the legal status of a toy's prohibition (or lack thereof). An orange G1/MP Megatron would still be illegal or prohibited in states where Gunformers are restricted, and likewise more realistically coloured Classics Megatrons (i.e. Henkei & United) are unrestricted in states where it's restricted. e.g. in NSW a gold MP Megs is still prohibited (requiring permit & safe storage compliance), whereas Henkei and United Megatron are completely unrestricted. I keep my G1 Megatrons and MP Megatron displayed in a locked display unit, and I don't take them outside. I keep my Henkei Megatron displayed freely on one of my Classicsverse shelves and I am able to bring him outside.

I may have missed it, but when is Wave 2 of Combiner Wars due out here in Oz?
Already sighted at smaller independent chains like Uncle Pete's Toys. So should be out in the majors soon I imagine.

Sinnertwin
30th April 2015, 10:11 AM
Already sighted at smaller independent chains like Uncle Pete's Toys. So should be out in the majors soon I imagine.

Myer and Big W have also had W2 limb figures in stock for a while now :)

CyberiusPrime
3rd May 2015, 09:03 PM
Has there been any word yet on what the Melbourne Comic Con exclusive TF figures will be? If any?

Golden Phoenix
4th May 2015, 04:11 PM
Has there been any word yet on what the Melbourne Comic Con exclusive TF figures will be? If any?

First I've heard of one being suggested. I haven't heard of them doing them before or saying they are going to do one this year.

CyberiusPrime
4th May 2015, 07:53 PM
First I've heard of one being suggested. I haven't heard of them doing them before or saying they are going to do one this year.

I have heard, this is only a rumor so please dont place any weight on this.
But i heard that the SDCC figures will be making an appearance here at the Aust Comic Concs.

griffin
4th May 2015, 09:43 PM

Probably nothing from Hasbro... as the Sydney and Brisbane shows in September will have SDCC exclusives for sale.
(the Melbourne show in June is before SDCC in July)

Verno
5th May 2015, 01:15 PM
In the IDW universe, at what point did the Predacons (Razorclaw, etc) take on animalistic forms?

Paulbot
5th May 2015, 03:45 PM
In the IDW universe, at what point did the Predacons (Razorclaw, etc) take on animalistic forms?

When they came to Earth for All Hail Megatron.

Verno
5th May 2015, 05:31 PM
When they came to Earth for All Hail Megatron.

Thank you muchly.

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2015, 04:49 PM
Is the $1000 limit on importation before you then have to pay GST including the cost of postage or is it just the value of the goods? Because if it's just the goods my BBTS POL is $967AU but with postage it's over $1100

CBratron
7th May 2015, 04:51 PM
They tax the value of the goods.

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2015, 04:56 PM
They tax the value of the goods.

Awesome! :D Thanks! That means as long as the Aussie dollar doesn't significantly drop in the next couple of days I should be safe :). Fingers crossed!

It's a real bugger though as I only had hot spot/cyclonus and Ultra Magnus to go :rolleyes:

Starscream77
7th May 2015, 11:06 PM
Awesome! :D Thanks! That means as long as the Aussie dollar doesn't significantly drop in the next couple of days I should be safe :). Fingers crossed!

It's a real bugger though as I only had hot spot/cyclonus and Ultra Magnus to go :rolleyes:

Be careful dude, my last POL I got stung when the dollar dipped and I went $13 over the thousand and got stung over $100 when it got to Australia !!! :mad:

GoktimusPrime
7th May 2015, 11:27 PM
...I'm still feeling the pain of the big AUD dip in 2000 when it dropped below 0.45USD. It really limited the number of Car Robot toys that I could get. :( Thankfully Hasbro released RiD in the following year (although we missed out on Scourge, the Predacons & the Bullet Trains :(). The GFC dip of 2008 was pretty awful too --- AUD took a nosedive just as Encore Metroplex and Omega Supreme came out! Then to rub salt in the wound, both of those toys shelfwarmed and ended up being cheaper on the aftermarket! :eek: One of the few times when pre-ordering toys w/ earlybird discounts didn't actually end up being cheaper, simply due to money lost via a crappy exchange rate. :(

BigTransformerTrev
8th May 2015, 06:49 AM
Be careful dude, my last POL I got stung when the dollar dipped and I went $13 over the thousand and got stung over $100 when it got to Australia !!! :mad:

That sucks dude. Well the Aussie dollar dropped overnight so my order went from $967 to $976 which is a bit scary. But for once BBTS seems to have gotten off their duffs as I got the 'shipped' notification less than 12 hours after my order entered the warehouse .

So they calculate the cost when it hits our shores do they ? Bugger - maybe I should have gone the faster shipping option. Fingers crossed the dollar isn't too low when it gets here :eek:. I just had my latest Pochaco figure show up at HLJ so that's that $100+ bucks the taxman might want well and truly gone:o

Maybe I should institute a '$500 then ship' policy with my POL in future

DELTAprime
8th May 2015, 07:25 PM
I just got my second CW limb-bot. I have Alpha Bravo and Offroad. Do all CW limb-bots share the same leg transformation? (splitting the alt mode shell to pull out the thighs)

I don't really like it. Feels like it's there cause it's probably cheaper than collapsible legs.

liegeprime
8th May 2015, 08:47 PM
has anybody else bought those MP 22 (Ultra Magnus)stickers sold for Hasbro?

I couldn't apply mine coz it didn't provide a direction sheet. While I can deduce which ones go to which part, I prefer to be sure and not mess up the figure ... so If anyone has an instruction for the sticker sheet, can you please send me a copy thru PM. Thanks!

Bidoofdude
8th May 2015, 09:05 PM
I just got my second CW limb-bot. I have Alpha Bravo and Offroad. Do all CW limb-bots share the same leg transformation? (splitting the alt mode shell to pull out the thighs)

I don't really like it. Feels like it's there cause it's probably cheaper than collapsible legs.

All the aerialbots do. Drag Strip has collapsible legs, unsure about the rest of the stunticons.

BigTransformerTrev
9th May 2015, 07:56 AM
Well the Aussie dollar dropped overnight so my order went from $967 to $976 which is a bit scary.

So they calculate the cost when it hits our shores do they ? Bugger - maybe I should have gone the faster shipping option. Fingers crossed the dollar isn't too low when it gets here :eek:

An economist on the news this morning was talkin about how to stimulate growth the dollar needs to drop further....

....I was thinking 'DONT LISTEN TO HER!!!!!!!!!!' :mad::eek::mad::eek:

Megatran
9th May 2015, 01:07 PM
Can anyone shed some light on these TF coins (http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/32229685542_1/2-design-transformers-font-b-coin-b-font-Souvenir-font-b-coin-b-font-10pcs-lot.jpg). I've seen the 'silver' coin, but not the 'gold' coin.

One side of the coin is the Autobot insignia, the other being the Decepticon.

griffin
9th May 2015, 01:32 PM
An economist on the news this morning was talkin about how to stimulate growth the dollar needs to drop further....

I agree... because the whole economy and struggling families & pensioners must suffer so that us handful of fans can get our toys cheaper... :p

Unfortunately, because our wage rates and cost of living is so high in this country, our dollar is over-valued when at parity to the US$ or close to it... which means that local industry and business can't compete, which costs jobs and blows out the deficit from all the cheap imports we are consuming. Just look at all that cheap Chinese stuff in Kmart and BigW, that costs less at retail to buy than it would cost to make here before it is even sold to the stores.
We've gone so long with these cheap imports that we've become reliant on those prices, so when the necessary adjustment occurs as the one industry that was keeping us going dries up (Mining), it's going to be hard to accept or afford the prices we had 10 years ago before the AU$ headed towards parity.
It's a bit like low interest rates for mortgages... if we go too long at a low rate that is below normal for a healthy economy, people eventually get used to that repayment rate as if it is normal. And when rates go back up to a "healthy target" or even higher to deal with inflation, it hits people hard who made themselves comfortable or used to what they thought was a healthy rate. (which is going to happen within a couple years, as interest rates are way too low... but keep getting cut to deal with the sluggish economy - an economy that was used to the Mining sector bringing in billions of dollars to people's pockets and paying billions in tax and royalties, which state and federal governments now have to compensate by raising other taxes and/or cutting spending... both of which impacts on the whole economy, and in turn the value of our dollar)

It's all so confusing, and people spend decades trying to understand it all.
And we are just pawns to the game of the rich and powerful. :(

BigTransformerTrev
9th May 2015, 05:11 PM
I agree... because the whole economy and struggling families & pensioners must suffer so that us handful of fans can get our toys cheaper... :p

Unfortunately, because our wage rates and cost of living is so high in this country, our dollar is over-valued when at parity to the US$ or close to it... which means that local industry and business can't compete, which costs jobs and blows out the deficit from all the cheap imports we are consuming. Just look at all that cheap Chinese stuff in Kmart and BigW, that costs less at retail to buy than it would cost to make here before it is even sold to the stores.
We've gone so long with these cheap imports that we've become reliant on those prices, so when the necessary adjustment occurs as the one industry that was keeping us going dries up (Mining), it's going to be hard to accept or afford the prices we had 10 years ago before the AU$ headed towards parity.
It's a bit like low interest rates for mortgages... if we go too long at a low rate that is below normal for a healthy economy, people eventually get used to that repayment rate as if it is normal. And when rates go back up to a "healthy target" or even higher to deal with inflation, it hits people hard who made themselves comfortable or used to what they thought was a healthy rate. (which is going to happen within a couple years, as interest rates are way too low... but keep getting cut to deal with the sluggish economy - an economy that was used to the Mining sector bringing in billions of dollars to people's pockets and paying billions in tax and royalties, which state and federal governments now have to compensate by raising other taxes and/or cutting spending... both of which impacts on the whole economy, and in turn the value of our dollar)

It's all so confusing, and people spend decades trying to understand it all.
And we are just pawns to the game of the rich and powerful. :(

(Cue joking Sarcastic tone) Way to take the sensible, long term and big picture view of the situation dude :rolleyes: - personally I want my home loan interest rates to remain low and my imports to be cheap and plentiful! To hades with the needs of the many! I'm thinking of the needs of the few, or indeed the one right here :D:p;)

griffin
9th May 2015, 06:58 PM
Sorry... it was originally only meant to be a short tongue in cheek comment at first, but then I got carried away with the ramble. :o

UltimateGalvatron
9th May 2015, 08:17 PM
Guys, if the insecticons abandoned the Nemesis before it crashed 4 MYA in the G1 cartoon, does that mean they would have been around during the Beast Wars, but originally with Organic Alternate Modes? Or would they have been Transmetals?

Or not there at all?

Paulbot
9th May 2015, 08:44 PM
They were in statis pods of their own so probably not active during the Beast Wars. Although a crossover could be written that would make sense.

prjkt
10th May 2015, 02:06 AM
Anyone know how long the club store takes to ship an order?

Ultra Mackness
10th May 2015, 08:20 AM
Can anyone shed some light on these TF coins (http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/32229685542_1/2-design-transformers-font-b-coin-b-font-Souvenir-font-b-coin-b-font-10pcs-lot.jpg). I've seen the 'silver' coin, but not the 'gold' coin.

One side of the coin is the Autobot insignia, the other being the Decepticon.

I did a quick bit of scouting - the only place I can find those coins are on Aliexpress - they don't seem to be legit, certainly not at the low prices on Aliexpress.

Perth mint have produced some coins to coincide with the recent movies, and aside form the MP coins seem to be the only legit coins made.

There were some doubloons made for the 1986 New Orleans mardi gras as well:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/NovMardiGrasCoin1986.html

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2015, 11:38 AM
Guys, if the insecticons abandoned the Nemesis before it crashed 4 MYA in the G1 cartoon, does that mean they would have been around during the Beast Wars, but originally with Organic Alternate Modes? Or would they have been Transmetals?

Or not there at all?
As Paulbot said, while they were in stasis, it's not impossible for it to have happened -- i.e. activated during the Beast Wars, scanned insect modes but were mechanical insects due to the more primitive transcanning technology from G1 (which would explain why all of the "Primitive" G1 TFs have mechanical bestial forms). Then something happened which put them back in stasis and potentially made them unaware of the events of the Beast Wars (which would have given them future knowledge). Perhaps the BWTFs deleted that part of the memory, or something wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey. ;)

I gotta say, I'd never thought of this before, but it's a pretty cool and feasible story concept! :D Good thinking, UltimateGalvatron! :)

UltimateGalvatron
10th May 2015, 12:46 PM
As Paulbot said, while they were in stasis, it's not impossible for it to have happened -- i.e. activated during the Beast Wars, scanned insect modes but were mechanical insects due to the more primitive transcanning technology from G1 (which would explain why all of the "Primitive" G1 TFs have mechanical bestial forms). Then something happened which put them back in stasis and potentially made them unaware of the events of the Beast Wars (which would have given them future knowledge). Perhaps the BWTFs deleted that part of the memory, or something wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey. ;)

I gotta say, I'd never thought of this before, but it's a pretty cool and feasible story concept! :D Good thinking, UltimateGalvatron! :)

Yeah thanks! I was just thinking because I write stories alot, I was wondering if they could have possibly meant the Predacons and Maximals, which would kind of explain Waspinator acting like Shrapnel in that episode (I believe he malfunctioned when GhostScream left his body??) as a narritive? That could also possibly explain the disappearance of the Deluxe Insecticons, they may have been killed in the fighting?

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2015, 04:36 PM
I don't think that it would have anything with Waspinator mimicking Shrapnel; that was a moment of lunacy (he was also quoting Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and broke the fourth wall by singing ♪"More Than Meets The Eeeyyyyeeee..."♭ ;)) and he would've been imitating a historical figure. Also, two of the Deluxe Insecticons did feature in G1 (Earth-120185) -- Chop Shop and Venom were both members of the original Mayhem Attack Squad (the Decepticon equivalent of the Wreckers); both were killed during the Time Wars. Although Chop Shop, Venom and Ransack all appear in the 21st Century on an alternate Earth-91274 (ReGen One). So I don't think it'd be a good idea to kill off the Deluxe Insecticons on prehistoric Earth, as it would directly conflict with future events from G1. Except for Barrage. He never appeared in G1, so he's canonically expendable. ;)

griffin
10th May 2015, 05:32 PM
Perth mint have produced some coins to coincide with the recent movies, and aside form the MP coins seem to be the only legit coins made.

Perth Mint coins are easy to spot because they have the standard Queen's head and date/location on the back like any other legal tender coins. (which means you can use them in whatever country is on the back of the coin... but costing about $100 to buy one for a value of just $1 if you use it (http://worldmintcoins.com/2009-australian-coins/transformers-optimus-prime-1oz-silver-proof-coin), I don't think anyone would be silly enough to use them as money)

BigTransformerTrev
12th May 2015, 01:59 PM

Yay! My BBTS package arrived! At $976AU so just snuck under the $1000 - no GST for me! :D

Was worried that tonight's budget might make the dollar drop and I'd be screwed :rolleyes:

Mythirax
12th May 2015, 05:06 PM
Yay! My BBTS package arrived! At $976AU so just snuck under the $1000 - no GST for me! :D

Was worried that tonight's budget might make the dollar drop and I'd be screwed :rolleyes:

Excellent! Wins all round :D

DELTAprime
12th May 2015, 06:30 PM

What? There's a budget tonight? Sounds like another way for the Government to screw us.

griffin
12th May 2015, 07:35 PM
I don't think this year's budget will make much difference to the AU$, as it is going to be a lot more restrained than last year's mess.... but I will seeing how the markets respond to it tomorrow, just in time for the BotCon registration payment.

I think the recent rise might have been a result of China dropping its interest rates the other day, which should encourage more growth in the worlds biggest economy... and more growth for China means more exports from us to them (and a stronger dollar, like during the start of the mining boom, when China was needing our iron-ore for the steel in all their buildings).

Verno
12th May 2015, 09:04 PM
According to the ABC, G2 Megatron is a big winner in this year's Federal Budget.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11220839_10153272325005309_8370773070094980643_n.j pg?oh=3414b474029fe0e7e2cd693fe3618d04&oe=55C7D61F&__gda__=1439514706_df474526bc03d430dfea4ab9efbc436 c

M-bot
13th May 2015, 01:46 PM
According to the ABC, G2 Megatron is a big winner in this year's Federal Budget.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11220839_10153272325005309_8370773070094980643_n.j pg?oh=3414b474029fe0e7e2cd693fe3618d04&oe=55C7D61F&__gda__=1439514706_df474526bc03d430dfea4ab9efbc436 c

Oh that's gold. I LOL'd.:D

UltimateGalvatron
13th May 2015, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if there are any Transformer stalls or nerd stuff sales at Oz Comic Con Sydney?

I might be going this year... soooooo

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th May 2015, 11:11 PM
Anyone know when and why the official transformers collectors club got their logo booted off the TF packaging? Just noticed that my off Road and AlphaBravo is TFCC logoless

prjkt
13th May 2015, 11:28 PM
That's something I've noticed with all the CW stuff, I recall seeing it on some Generations figures, but I can't remember if it was on the recent releases like Brainstorm or the Arcee/Chromia wave or not

GoktimusPrime
14th May 2015, 12:09 AM
This (http://i2.wp.com/www.allspark.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/lg-ep22.jpg) weird Windblade manga has popped up, and here's the English translation (by me).

[PART 1]

PANEL 1
Caption 1: My name is Windblade
SFX: Ba-dump
Caption 2: Having lost my memory in battle, I find myself alone in the streets of Akihabara...

PANEL 2
Windblade: And thus, I'm now work in a Little Sister Café
SFX: Maid clothes!!
Windblade: Welcome home, Big Brother!
SFX: Ta-daaa <3

PANEL 3
Windblade: Hey, hey, Big Brother, will you be having the Extra Special Lunch? Only ¥5000 for 1 set, please won't you get one?
Bighorn: Oooooh, leave it to me
SFX: wobble wobble

PANEL 4:
Windblade: Order for 10 Extra Special Lunches!
SFX: Hehehehehe
Starscream: Such a reliable child.
SFX: Miss Windblaaade!

[PART 2]

PANEL 1
Caption 1: My name is Windblade
SFX: Caw-caw
Caption 2: I have found work, but I have nowhere to live...

PANEL 2
Windblade: And thus, from today I will be living with Big Brother!
Tigatron: Verily forsooth--!?

PANEL 3
Airazor: That's my Tigatron!
SFX: BAM
SFX: Who're you?
Tigatron: Verily forsooth--!!

PANEL 4
Windblade: Big Brother is like a teddy bear, tee-hee-hee
SFX: rub rub
Airazor: Stop glomping Tigatron, Kabuki-girl!
SFX: That's enough, he's my man!
Tigatron: Verily forsooth...

-----------------------------------------------
NB: Remember that Airazor is male in Japanese continuity, and in this manga, Airazor is using the male first person pronoun (which English doesn't have). ;)

griffin
14th May 2015, 12:23 AM
Anyone know when and why the official transformers collectors club got their logo booted off the TF packaging? Just noticed that my off Road and AlphaBravo is TFCC logoless

I noticed it missing about a year ago... which I thought was odd, and wondered if it was an indication that they weren't getting their licensed renewed last year. But they are still the official club, so must have.

DELTAprime
14th May 2015, 11:22 AM
I noticed it missing about a year ago... which I thought was odd, and wondered if it was an indication that they weren't getting their licensed renewed last year. But they are still the official club, so must have.

I could see Hasbro wanting to take control of The Club. Seems like every Botcon and TFSS I hear people complaining about some issue with their figures thats avoidable.

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th May 2015, 02:48 PM
I could see Hasbro wanting to take control of The Club. Seems like every Botcon and TFSS I hear people complaining about some issue with their figures thats avoidable.

They'd probably dissolve it over controlling it. For the amount of effort required vs returns, it wouldn't make much sense for them as a company.

I miss the old days where toylines had little clubs and crap, like the STARS thing and all that.

GoktimusPrime
14th May 2015, 03:00 PM
I miss the old days where toylines had little clubs and crap, like the STARS thing and all that.
Does anyone still have their STARS membership card? Mine got wrecked when I left it in my jacket pocket and it went through the washing machine. :( Sadly I've lost my STARS bases too. :( :(

UltraMarginal
14th May 2015, 04:14 PM
Does anyone still have their STARS membership card? Mine got wrecked when I left it in my jacket pocket and it went through the washing machine. :( Sadly I've lost my STARS bases too. :( :(

I think I still have my STARS Base somewhere, it's probably folded up pretty flat and not in the best condition but it might still exist.

griffin
14th May 2015, 05:12 PM

Someone on TFW who was at this year's JoeCon (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1040871-registration-botcon-update-post12535312.html) approached Hasbro about the ongoing problems with FunPub, and if they were aware of it... to which he claims that Hasbro are aware of the issues, but are content with what FunPub provides (I guess all those toys and Conventions), to still be more of an asset than liability to Hasbro.

talking to the 2 reps from Hasbro after I went threw Thursday store pick up at joecon. I asked if they knew about the issues with the club and all I got from them was they knew about the issue but they back the club and are happy with (what) the club is pushing out. Sadly they said they can not step in to help the club with these issues b/c of there contract. But it was a good talk tho.

After all, the Convention is a marketing element of Hasbro's each year, so as long as the general public don't know about its problems to impact on the "regular retail" side of the Brand, they will use it as one of the many elements they use to promote the Brand on their end. (it just means that if they keep talking about things like a Club and Convention, the general public who will never join or attend but buy most of Hasbro's products, get the impression that the Brand is more faceted than just a mere kids toyline - so unless something significant happens to get the mainstream media's attention, the Club and Convention are still useful to Hasbro Marketing)

DELTAprime
14th May 2015, 06:32 PM

Forgive my ignorance, whats STARS?:o

Sinnertwin
14th May 2015, 07:10 PM

Secret
Transformer
Autobot
Rescue
Squad

It's an 80's thing :)

Paulbot
14th May 2015, 07:17 PM
Ssshhh! It's supposed to be a secret.

griffin
14th May 2015, 07:26 PM

A mail-order thing from around 1987 (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/STARS) (here)... probably earlier in America.

SuspectimusPrime
15th May 2015, 09:51 AM

Someone on TFW who was at this year's JoeCon (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1040871-registration-botcon-update-post12535312.html) approached Hasbro about the ongoing problems with FunPub, and if they were aware of it... to which he claims that Hasbro are aware of the issues, but are content with what FunPub provides (I guess all those toys and Conventions), to still be more of an asset than liability to Hasbro.

After all, the Convention is a marketing element of Hasbro's each year, so as long as the general public don't know about its problems to impact on the "regular retail" side of the Brand, they will use it as one of the many elements they use to promote the Brand on their end. (it just means that if they keep talking about things like a Club and Convention, the general public who will never join or attend but buy most of Hasbro's products, get the impression that the Brand is more faceted than just a mere kids toyline - so unless something significant happens to get the mainstream media's attention, the Club and Convention are still useful to Hasbro Marketing)

Not big enough to attract negative mainstream media or calls for external audits, and at the same time not small enough to entirely brush off as they evidently provides for an steady income for Hasbro.

They are in a comfortable niche of being too medium to fail :p

Mythirax
15th May 2015, 11:55 AM
Ssshhh! It's supposed to be a secret.

I was going to say that :D

SuspectimusPrime
15th May 2015, 04:49 PM
RID2015 noob question: Are there likely to be Deluxe/Warrior class scaled figures of the rest of the Decepticons in RID2015?

Underbite, Thunderhoof, Fracture and Chop Shop all look like super cool designs - arguably the coolest more unique gang for some time (Haven't seen the rest yet). It would be a shame if these weren't realised with intuitive designs and creative transformations.

griffin
15th May 2015, 05:38 PM
RID2015 noob question: Are there likely to be Deluxe/Warrior class scaled figures of the rest of the Decepticons in RID2015?

Underbite, Thunderhoof, Fracture and Chop Shop all look like super cool designs - arguably the coolest more unique gang for some time (Haven't seen the rest yet). It would be a shame if these weren't realised with intuitive designs and creative transformations.

It's not looking good so far, according to the recent game App update.

In the Warrior size class we have...

Wave 1
Autobot - Bumblebee
Autobot - Grimlock
Autobot - Strongarm
Decepticon - Steeljaw

Wave 2
Autobot - Drift
Autobot - Optimus

Wave 3
Autobot - Jazz
Autobot - Sideswipe

Future waves (from the Game App)
Autobot - Night Bumblebee
Autobot - Clash Bumblebee
Autobot - Clash Sideswipe
Autobot - Clash Optimus
Autobot - Gold Grimlock
Decepticon - Megatronus

12 Autobots to 2 Decepticons.

If you include Deployers (who look to be similar to size of Warriors, but have the launcher gimmick impacting a little on transformation)....
Decepticon - Fracture
Autobot - Drift

The Game App also notes a "Cybertron" class Underbite (which could be a larger one-off sized toy... but probably a simple gimmick), and an "Ultra" class Megatronus (which hopefully is something more complex than the other larger sized toys).

Even the Legion class is lacking of Decepticons - 12 Autobots to 4 Decepticons, with two of those Decepticons being two decos of Underbite.

The best size-class for Decepticons seems to be 1-step... barely... at 11 Autobots to 4 Decepticons, who are at least 4 different Decepticons.

:(

DELTAprime
15th May 2015, 11:44 PM
I'm just hoping that I get a full cast of Autobots, Decepticons and Minicons out of the TAV line. TT have a nasty habit lately of not using every characters mould.

Verno
16th May 2015, 11:06 AM
I was at Woolies last night and came across some TF toys. They're about 2 inches tall and Megatron has his G2 tank body. Any idea what they are?

Paulbot
16th May 2015, 01:12 PM
I was at Woolies last night and came across some TF toys. They're about 2 inches tall and Megatron has his G2 tank body. Any idea what they are?

A set of Legion (old legends) class toys (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_(2014_toyline)#Legion_Class) released as part of AOE. Turned up at Targets and Woolworths mostly. We got waves 1 and 2 but don't think wave 3 appeared here.

Verno
16th May 2015, 01:22 PM
A set of Legion (old legends) class toys (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_(2014_toyline)#Legion_Class) released as part of AOE. Turned up at Targets and Woolworths mostly. We got waves 1 and 2 but don't think wave 3 appeared here.

Yeah, that's them. Cheers, PB.

UltimateGalvatron
16th May 2015, 09:07 PM
Wave 3 has only just been released so I'm not surprised they haven't shown up yet.

Wave 1-2 are in AoE Packaging

Wave 3 will/is in CW Packaging.

Verno
17th May 2015, 12:15 PM
In relation to Shockwave's Regenesis project in IDW, the TF-Wiki tells me that Ore-7 is " "Change", possessed of transmutation properties " but it gives no citation of where this information comes from.

Anyone with an in-depth knowledge of IDW have any ideas where this info would have come from?

prjkt
17th May 2015, 02:01 PM
Was that the ore or "secret" thet Metroplex was protecting?

Earth: Ore 13 Super Energon
Gorlam Prime: Ore 14(?) Death
Arduria: Ore ?? Cold
LV-117(?): Ore ?? Time
Cybertron: Ore 1(?) Life
Metroplex: Ore 7 Change

UltimateGalvatron
17th May 2015, 07:47 PM
in the rebirth part 3, do the Aerialbots and UM die when the Combaticons throw their batteries or whatever in the big junk pile to fuel Cybertron to crash into the Sun/Earth???

Verno
17th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Was that the ore or "secret" thet Metroplex was protecting?

Earth: Ore 13 Super Energon
Gorlam Prime: Ore 14(?) Death
Arduria: Ore ?? Cold
LV-117(?): Ore ?? Time
Cybertron: Ore 1(?) Life
Metroplex: Ore 7 Change

Thank you muchly.

griffin
17th May 2015, 08:09 PM
in the rebirth part 3, do the Aerialbots and UM die when the Combaticons throw their batteries or whatever in the big junk pile to fuel Cybertron to crash into the Sun/Earth???

You'd think that it should mean they are dead, but it was so vague... and the Beast Wars era introduced a "stasis lock" for those out of power, or over-charged. (a retcon, but something a fan could assume for Gen1 events)

As for what you do see in the episode, everyone appears to be brought back to life when Cybertron is brought back into a radiating golden age of energy... so it could be assumed that those people were the same.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2015, 10:09 PM
The golden energy was so powerful that it restored Bumblebee and Goldbug at the same time! :eek: Wibbly-wobbly... ;)

UltimateGalvatron
18th May 2015, 07:55 AM
The golden energy was so powerful that it restored Bumblebee and Goldbug at the same time! :eek: Wibbly-wobbly... ;)

Yeah! In the celebration scene Bumblebee was jumping up and down NEXT TO GOLDBUG!

Bladestorm
18th May 2015, 01:22 PM
So my hubby just gave me Ultimetal Optimus Prime for a significant benchmark in our lives this year and one of the phrases he says is "Energon fuel cells are low. I need to recharge in the CR chamber."

I don't remember a "CR chamber" in G1.. but admittedly I haven't watched the whole series in a while. Can anyone point me to where and what that might be referencing?

tinyJazz
18th May 2015, 01:38 PM
So my hubby just gave me Ultimetal Optimus Prime for a significant benchmark in our lives this year and one of the phrases he says is "Energon fuel cells are low. I need to recharge in the CR chamber."

I don't remember a "CR chamber" in G1.. but admittedly I haven't watched the whole series in a while. Can anyone point me to where and what that might be referencing?

Creation/restoration, Cryonic or Cryogenic regeneration chamber.

A device for medical treatment or adding a new altmode (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/CR_chamber)

Appears in the Beast Wars cartoon, Dreamwave and IDW comics.

The G1 cartoon had a similar thing called a "recharging chamber", which appeared in like, one episode. :D

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2015, 03:42 PM
It was also occasionally just simply referred to as the "R" (Regeneration) Chamber. CR and R chambers are explicitly used for repairing wounded Transformers, whereas the G1 recharging chambers are just used for refuelling (only in 1 episode :p). Beast Wars used CR and R Chambers because neither side had a medic. G1 didn't have these, as the Autobots had 'bots like Ratchet, Wheeljack, First Aid etc. to help repair the wounded, and the Decepticons had Medicroids (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Medicroid), which are presumed to be like medics, but we only ever see them once when they rebuilt Dr. Arkeville as a cyborg.

One does not simply expect continuity consistency from the G1 cartoon. :p

UltraMarginal
18th May 2015, 03:43 PM

The first reference to a CR chamber that I'm aware of was Beast wars but I haven't read any of the old marvel G1 comics.

Your Husband is a legend by the way, a whole ultimetal optimus prime as a gift. I hope you have somewhere suitable to display and appreciate the awesomeness.

Bladestorm
18th May 2015, 04:03 PM
The first reference to a CR chamber that I'm aware of was Beast wars but I haven't read any of the old marvel G1 comics.

I was thinking the same way... I vaguely remember a chamber in Beast Wars but couldn't think of anything like that in G1. Optimus and co always seemed to be on a slab of some sort with Ratchet over them... which is why of all the quotes Optimus says, this one seems like the odd one out.
I don't read the comics so I wasn't sure if there was a reference in there...
I don't know if any of you have heard the sound bites from Ultimetal but Peter Cullen does a fabulous job with them. Optimus SOUNDS drained when he comments about the CR chamber.

Your Husband is a legend by the way, a whole ultimetal optimus prime as a gift. I hope you have somewhere suitable to display and appreciate the awesomeness.

Yeah - my husband is AWESOME. He's the reason I got into collecting Optimus (and he probably regrets it a bit now). He's very tolerant of my obsession (and that of my kids) despite being a Gundam guy himself.
I do have somewhere for Ultimetal to sit but at the moment I'm undecided how best to display him - whether to get a custom perspex housing made for him, etc. Anyways, probably best to discuss Ultimetal elsewhere... I'm happy to post pics/video of him if people are curious. Just point me to the best place to start a thread. ;)

UltraMarginal
18th May 2015, 06:44 PM
Anyways, probably best to discuss Ultimetal elsewhere... I'm happy to post pics/video of him if people are curious. Just point me to the best place to start a thread. ;)

well, you could tack posts on to the end of the original news thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17172&highlight=ultimetal+optimus+prime)or you could create your own review (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)thread.

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2015, 10:40 PM
The comics didn't use regenerative chambers; they had medics. Although when there were massive casualties, many who weren't outright killed ended up in stasis pods because of a lack of resources to restore them. This led to some interesting story ideas, such as...
* Galvatron probing the minds of deactivated Autobots, eliciting them to dream about their darkest moments in an attempt to corrupt them. The plan backfires and Galvatron is placed in stasis by one of Wheeljack's inventions, causing him to repeatedly dream about being defeated by Autobots.
* Optimus Prime having only enough Matrix energy to restore one Autobot, but unable to decide which Autobot to revive. He ultimately decides to use it to revive a forest that was scorched by a battle between the Autobot Rescue Squad and Whisper.
* Megatron orchestrating a complex plan to kidnap Ratchet, forcing him to rebuild Starscream as a Pretender with his mind reprogrammed to be fearless and utterly loyal. Ratchet sabotages the plan by secretly restored Starscream's true personality to resurface later on. He also used Decepticon resources to resurrect Jazz, Grimlock and Goldbug (as Bumblebee) as Pretenders too.
* Grimlock, desperate to have his Dinobots back, ventures to Hydrus Four and tests Nucleon on himself. It makes him incredibly powerful, and thus he uses it to restore the Dinobots and other Autobots in stasis aboard the Ark. Later, Grimlock discovers the horrible side effect of Nucleon (which Hydrus Four creatures tried to deter him from and warn him about) as he metamorphosises and becomes an Action Master -- faster, stronger, but unable to transform.

griffin
19th May 2015, 12:15 AM
The short answer is that it is a retcon.
The concept of CR chambers was introduced in Beast Wars, but since BW is part of the Gen1 universe, it was retrospectively applied to Gen1 in things like homage toys, new comics and your Ultimetal Optimus.

UltimateGalvatron
19th May 2015, 05:01 PM
Regarding the MP-10 Rerelease... in Australia on the box will it say 'Optimus Prime' or 'Convoy'?

Thanks

griffin
19th May 2015, 05:46 PM
Regarding the MP-10 Rerelease... in Australia on the box will it say 'Optimus Prime' or 'Convoy'?

Thanks

All the direct imports from Asia are in their original (untouched) packaging. The only thing different is an added booklet for instructions and bio in English, as a bonus.
Nothing is removed or altered with the toys from their Asian release.

So in the case of this one, if it is the Convoy toy from Japan, it will still say Convoy on the box.

UltimateGalvatron
19th May 2015, 05:49 PM
All the direct imports from Asia are in their original (untouched) packaging. The only thing different is an added booklet for instructions and bio in English, as a bonus.
Nothing is removed or altered with the toys from their Asian release.

So in the case of this one, if it is the Convoy toy from Japan, it will still say Convoy on the box.

Ok thanks I knew they changed the booklet that is why i asked

Paulbot
19th May 2015, 10:23 PM
The G2 Protectobots are pretty rare beasts, but are there any known cases of G2 First Aid suffering from GPS? We know G2 Slingshots will crumble if you give them a hard stare, but I didn't know until tonight that First Aid's head/post and thighs were also made of Gold Plastic.

TAAUBlaster
20th May 2015, 11:37 AM
The G2 Protectobots are pretty rare beasts, but are there any known cases of G2 First Aid suffering from GPS? We know G2 Slingshots will crumble if you give them a hard stare, but I didn't know until tonight that First Aid's head/post and thighs were also made of Gold Plastic.

I've only ever seen the MOSC sealed ones, but I reckon it would be a pretty safe bet that he would suffer from GPS. The gold plastic looks almost identical in colour to G2 Slingshot. Not to mention almost every G2 figure that had gold plastic ended up with GPS. And for the price these guys go for, I'm not sure of anyone who would risk transforming him anyway :p

BigTransformerTrev
22nd May 2015, 02:38 PM
I'm assuming so, but do people know if we arre definetly getting CW Blackjack here?

Just now I couldn't resist getting Quickslinger and Break-Neck from BBTS, and I'm getting the Takara versions so thinking I'll have all 7 Stunticons in robot mode and then 6 of them (no double of Offroad) made up as Menasor. However BBTS does not sell him seperately, only paired with Huffer

UltimateGalvatron
22nd May 2015, 03:27 PM
Is it true in the Age of Extinction Grimlock Evolution Pack there are instructions for combining some of the Age of Extinction Dinobots? I was watching obtibotimus's review of PCC Grimstone + Dinobots and numerous comments were saying to try out this combiner or whatever.

spiderken17
22nd May 2015, 07:36 PM
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences between the Hasbro and Takara combiners?
I noticed TT Defensor has Groove, what are the other differences?

Sinnertwin
22nd May 2015, 07:49 PM
Can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences between the Hasbro and Takara combiners?
I noticed TT Defensor has Groove, what are the other differences?

Apart from the paint apps, it's mostly who is there and who isn't -the Legends Class figures have been omitted. They do however appear in Takara's Adventure Series of toys as TAV19, TAV25, TAV26 (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=3609&page=2)

In Defensor's case, Legends Groove is replaced by Deluxe Groove and Rook gets the boot.

Menasor:
Off Road is replaced by a repainted/remolded Dead End as Wild Rider -Blackjack is not included

Superion:
Alpha Bravo gets the flick while a repainted/remolded Fireflight acts as his replacement, Slingshot -Powerglide is not included.

Hasbro have also released these repainted deluxe figures as Quickslinger and Brake Neck.
(http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=18815)

spiderken17
22nd May 2015, 09:51 PM
Cheers, that make things a bit simpler. I did not realise Hasbro and TT were making such differences with what is essentially the same figures.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd May 2015, 10:50 PM
Is it true in the Age of Extinction Grimlock Evolution Pack there are instructions for combining some of the Age of Extinction Dinobots? I was watching obtibotimus's review of PCC Grimstone + Dinobots and numerous comments were saying to try out this combiner or whatever.At a guess, I don't think so. Hasbro tends to push selling points for their toys as much as possible.

I think what the comments are referring to is more that the PCC Grimstone is apparently a pretty good set.

UltimateGalvatron
24th May 2015, 05:32 PM
http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=29508896&sr=1&origkw=Transformer

Is this Toys R Us an American one, because the prices are heaps cheaper then in Australia. Also, do they ship to Australia?

Bidoofdude
24th May 2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=29508896&sr=1&origkw=Transformer

Is this Toys R Us an American one, because the prices are heaps cheaper then in Australia. Also, do they ship to Australia?

That is the US site. I know they had international shipping previously on some (most) items, but they may have scrapped it.

prjkt
26th May 2015, 12:39 AM
I'm assuming so, but do people know if we arre definetly getting CW Blackjack here? I'm pretty sure I've seen Blackjack on the pegs at Myer & Target (?) - so safe bet he'll be around somewhere.

DELTAprime
27th May 2015, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure if I will go with the UW Devastator or CW Devastator so I'm thinking if I should buy the Hasbro version at the toy sale and leave it MISB till Takara get around to releasing pictures of theres.

What happened to the price of Titan Metroplex after the initial sales? Did he hold his value or did he suffer the same fate as many big figures and start selling below retail?

BruiseLee
27th May 2015, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure if I will go with the UW Devastator or CW Devastator so I'm thinking if I should buy the Hasbro version at the toy sale and leave it MISB till Takara get around to releasing pictures of theres.

What happened to the price of Titan Metroplex after the initial sales? Did he hold his value or did he suffer the same fate as many big figures and start selling below retail?

If I recall correctly, Titan Metroplex pretty much sold out at Target at usual retail/toy sale prices. There were sightings though of Myer having him on clearance later.

Megatran
27th May 2015, 09:26 PM
I also recall Costco coming into the picture very late & pretty much undercutting price of other retailers. Can't remember exact price though.

BruiseLee
27th May 2015, 09:37 PM
Think Costco wasn't too much later in the game. I got mine from the Target sales at $120 give or take and the missus saw it at Costco a few weeks later at just over $100.

UltraMarginal
27th May 2015, 10:15 PM
I picked up Metroplex for about $100 when Big W got him but it was a long time after everyone else had it.

SuspectimusPrime
28th May 2015, 01:52 PM
Would be sweet if Costco could pull that sort of deal again.

griffin
28th May 2015, 04:33 PM
I am expecting it, as this large toy will need the same sort of mass release to as many chains as possible, like we saw with Metroplex and the Ultimate Movie Bumblebee (both of which ended up as whole pallets to Costco stores).

UltimateGalvatron
31st May 2015, 07:37 PM
Is there a Transformers RPG? Official or fan made? (Preferably G1, Unicron Trilogy or Aligned)

BigTransformerTrev
2nd June 2015, 09:29 AM
Whats the difference between the first Combiner Wars Optimus and the new Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus they are trying to flog?

DELTAprime
2nd June 2015, 10:52 AM
Whats the difference between the first Combiner Wars Optimus and the new Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus they are trying to flog?

Definitely redeco, possibly remould/use of Motormaster parts. I don't see any reason to buy the figure again tho.

griffin
2nd June 2015, 12:47 PM
Based on the artwork floating around, it is a white deco of Optimus... which probably was going to be called Ultra Magnus before they planned to have a Leader class toy coming out at the same time.
(because white Optimus toys just seem to get called Ultra Magnus... and they only just did it with the small Legends wave last month)

Tober
3rd June 2015, 05:12 PM
What's this crud I'm hearing about CW Groove only being released as part of the Defensor set in Japan? Apparently Takara has said as much, but developing a mold exclusively for one region isn't as profitable...

Sinnertwin
3rd June 2015, 06:14 PM
What's this crud I'm hearing about CW Groove only being released as part of the Defensor set in Japan? Apparently Takara has said as much, but developing a mold exclusively for one region isn't as profitable...

Apparently so. I'm quietly confident that we'll see an "exclusive" Hasbro release of Groove some time down the line

CBratron
3rd June 2015, 06:45 PM
Pretty sure Hasbro will sort out a deal. Either that or Takara Tomy sees the profit to be made by making a lone Groove figure available to online retailers.

Tober
4th June 2015, 01:58 PM
Apparently so. I'm quietly confident that we'll see an "exclusive" Hasbro release of Groove some time down the line

Okay, thanks. Yeah, I'm sure we will at least see a Hasbro Asia release.

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th June 2015, 10:07 PM
Is there a Transformers RPG? Official or fan made? (Preferably G1, Unicron Trilogy or Aligned)

There was Transformers Awakening for mobile phones (before the days of common adnroid/touch screens.) I think it got made into an Iphone format.

There was also a game apparently made by one of the people who worked on the Armada PS2 game, an unofficial small executabel game, but the name of it really escapes me now. I think it was an RPG, but have a feeling it may have been more like a card battleing game.... I have it somewhere, but currently have no idea where.... :p

Paulbot
4th June 2015, 10:52 PM
There was Transformers Awakening for mobile phones (before the days of common adnroid/touch screens.) I think it got made into an Iphone format.

There was also a game apparently made by one of the people who worked on the Armada PS2 game, an unofficial small executabel game, but the name of it really escapes me now. I think it was an RPG, but have a feeling it may have been more like a card battleing game.... I have it somewhere, but currently have no idea where.... :p

It was more like a card battling game (if I'm thinking of the same game). ;)

Somewhere I have saved a set of rules that turns a deck of cards into TF themed Magic The Gathering cards.

And if you understand Japanese there's a G1 themed RPG style game for Playstation 2 (I think it's PS2). Looked impressive but was apparently a crappy game.

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th June 2015, 04:32 PM
And if you understand Japanese there's a G1 themed RPG style game for Playstation 2 (I think it's PS2). Looked impressive but was apparently a crappy game.
Are you thinking of this game? (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_%28PS2%29)
If so, avoid it. I bought it on my first trip to Japan. Not only is it not an RPG, it's an incredibly poor beat em up.

I like beat em ups, I like Transformers, this game is without a doubt the WORST game I have EVER played. That's including my fan boy fever.
For a bit of reference, I have been playing video games since the early days of the commodore 64 and have played quite a few on the Atari 2600. I would much rather play something on the c64 than that TF abomination!!

unicronsblood
5th June 2015, 04:44 PM
Is anyone eagerly awaiting the Hot toys optimus prime....starscream version? Im sort of half half on this one. Want to hear the thoughts of others on this one?

UltimateGalvatron
5th June 2015, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I meant something akin to Dungeons and Dragons. A pen and paper RPG.

Sinnertwin
5th June 2015, 05:13 PM
Is anyone eagerly awaiting the Hot toys optimus prime....starscream version? Im sort of half half on this one. Want to hear the thoughts of others on this one?

i quite enjoy wearing the body parts of my defeated enemies
If the price wasn't so prohibitive i may have considered buying one :)

Paulbot
5th June 2015, 05:54 PM
Are you thinking of this game? (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_%28PS2%29)
If so, avoid it. I bought it on my first trip to Japan. Not only is it not an RPG, it's an incredibly poor beat em up.

I like beat em ups, I like Transformers, this game is without a doubt the WORST game I have EVER played. That's including my fan boy fever.
For a bit of reference, I have been playing video games since the early days of the commodore 64 and have played quite a few on the Atari 2600. I would much rather play something on the c64 than that TF abomination!!

Yep that's the one I recalled as "Looked impressive but was apparently a crappy game". I remembered there was leveling up and some sort of overworld so assumed it had some RPG elements in it

Bladestorm
5th June 2015, 08:01 PM

I've seen this figure a couple of times now and as much as I am a fan of Hot Toys (the Hulkbusters are AMAZING!!), I'm going to skip it.
The picture of the severed head of Starscream they had with it at ani-con last year didn't do it any favours for a start and I still think even they are confused as to whether it is Starscream dressed up as Optimus or Optimus wearing Starscreams parts...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3867/14738226514_8091dfd2ed_z.jpg
every time I quiz the boys at their store about it they have no idea or can't explain the severed head...
I haven't heard any word on the Megatron version they were touting around last year either...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5579/14760688933_9895131af7_z.jpg
(That's a pic I took of it)

Also when I compare it to my recently acquired Ultimetal Optimus Prime...
I think my money was better spent on Ultimetal. I don't tire of looking at him, he's entertaining, heavy and everything I expect in a giant sized Optimus Prime. The only thing he can't do is transform, but I'll forgive him that. ;)

tinyJazz
5th June 2015, 09:44 PM
Sorry, I meant something akin to Dungeons and Dragons. A pen and paper RPG.

There's an unofficial one based on Transformers. It's called Mechamorphosis, and is a d20 system.

Wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechamorphosis)

Boardgamegeek info page (http://boardgamegeek.com/rpgitem/53234/mechamorphosis)

Looks like it's available to buy in hard copy or digital pdf.

Tried to get my DND group to run a FATE system (http://www.faterpg.com/) sci-fi campaign. Character and world creation is pretty broad so you could just have a team of transforming robot characters in space.
Also, FATE system is available as a free pdf, while there's still an option to buy it or donate to the creators of course.

I thought this huge list of role-playing games by genre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_role-playing_games_by_genre) would be handy to link here too, in case you find something better there. :) Have fun!

unicronsblood
6th June 2015, 06:29 PM
Agreed, Sinnertwin, the price is a little ott, even for hot toys.
Bladestorm: thanks for those pics, after seeing that il pass as your right, the Ultimetal looks far superior. And....hot toys megaton is rumored? Yeah, il wait for that one for sure!!

Handsprime
7th June 2015, 07:38 PM
With Robots In Disguise Side Burn, where do you place his gun/knife thingy in Vehicle mode?

kurdt_the_goat
7th June 2015, 07:42 PM
It goes on his robot mode butt pointing towards the sides of the car.

Handsprime
7th June 2015, 07:43 PM
It goes on his robot mode butt pointing towards the sides of the car.

Just figured that out. Pretty much if you want to store his weapon. You have to do it WHILE transforming Side Burn, not after you've transformed him :rolleyes:

UltimateGalvatron
8th June 2015, 09:54 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get Motor Master?

Given were not getting it here anymore... :(