PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Zommael
9th June 2015, 01:51 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get Motor Master?

Given were not getting it here anymore... :(

Motormaster is in Voyager Wave 4, so it should be relatively easy to get from the usual online stores such as BBTS, Robot Kingdom, etc.

That said, the response from Hasbro did not specifically say we weren't getting Motormaster. It said they couldn't bring over the entire product range and we weren't getting any exclusive deluxes or exclusive leaders. It also said they were bringing voyagers and deluxes "next year". My take is that the whole response is a pretty weird thing to be seeing a few weeks before the mid-year toy sales, so I'd just wait and see for now.

Megatran
12th June 2015, 11:36 AM
This question would have gone up on the boards over the years but I'll ask anyway.

How long does it really take ship from HLJ (Japan) to Melbourne, VIC using SAL method? I think HLJ online site mentions up to 30 business days (:eek:) but I think that is for countries that are geographically further away.

It's been 4 weeks today with no tracking. I'll go back to using other faster & trackable shipment options.

Trent
12th June 2015, 12:28 PM
This question would have gone up on the boards over the years but I'll ask anyway.

How long does it really take ship from HLJ (Japan) to Melbourne, VIC using SAL method? I think HLJ online site mentions up to 30 business days (:eek:) but I think that is for countries that are geographically further away.

It's been 4 weeks today with no tracking. I'll go back to using other faster & trackable shipment options.

My slowest SAL shipment was a tad over 3 weeks. But yeah, I don't use it anymore purely because of the stress it causes :o

Tober
12th June 2015, 12:34 PM
Yeah, 4 weeks is the upper limit for SAL. Try contacting your post office to see if they are holding a parcel for you, sometimes they don't leave a delivery slip. If not then try contacting HLJ.

I hardly use SAL either since they (sorta) dropped the tracking.

Zommael
12th June 2015, 03:19 PM
New question: I heard that in the recent Collector's Club comics, G1 Prowl is now in a body similar to Animated Prowl's. I don't get the club stuff and I can't find confirmation on the wiki, so can anyone confirm if this is true so I can move my Animated Prowl over to the G1 shelf? :p

CHILENO20
12th June 2015, 08:13 PM
New question: I heard that in the recent Collector's Club comics, G1 Prowl is now in a body similar to Animated Prowl's. I don't get the club stuff and I can't find confirmation on the wiki, so can anyone confirm if this is true so I can move my Animated Prowl over to the G1 shelf? :p

I don't have the copy on me but from what I recall it is true.

Lint
12th June 2015, 08:53 PM
I'm heading to the US on business tomorrow. From what I can gather they're pretty much on the same wave as us in combiner wars, however is there anything else from other lines I should keep an eye out for? Especially stuff that we're definitely NOT getting?

griffin
12th June 2015, 10:40 PM

Yes, he has the Animated form... and apparently so does Ironhide, but is less obvious in robot mode.
For those who are wondering, the current Club comic has the Magnaboss trio (who could be the actual Gen1 Autobots in Beast Wars) taking on vehicle modes again after coming back from their Beast Wars mission.
Silverbolt looked like the Gen1 version (or maybe the Combiner Wars version), while Ironhide and Prowl are apparently their Animated forms... which might be tie into their Elite Guard universe from about 4 years ago.
Incidentally, their Elite Guard story was part of the 1986 movie era, and this year's comic is doing some parts of the Mirror-verse version of the 1986 movie.

I'm heading to the US on business tomorrow. From what I can gather they're pretty much on the same wave as us in combiner wars, however is there anything else from other lines I should keep an eye out for? Especially stuff that we're definitely NOT getting?

I've seen wave 3 Combiners here, but mostly wave 1 & 2 in most stores here that I've been to so far this week, and the amount of stock is small and pathetic like in Australia. I've only bought one toy so far, and have been to a Walmart, 2 Targets and the toyshop at the Childrens Museum in Indianapolis. Ironically, the Museum's shop is where I've seen the most toys and the newest ones. :(
The best stores for toys are ToysRUs, Walmart, Target for the main lines, and for smaller sizes or obscure items try Walgreens, Kohls, Kmart, Dollar Tree and Ross Dress for Less (some smaller stores may not have any toys).
This is a great archive topic for current mainline items & exclusives in America (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/953417-newly-released-upcoming-toys-hasbro-edition.html), but like with us, the newer it is, the harder it can be to find, as distribution in America is often very regional, not national.
The topic doesn't include smaller lines like Rescue Bots and Kreo.

Lint
13th June 2015, 08:35 PM
Cheers for the pointers Griff. I'll try to document my hunts so that they may be useful to others!

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th June 2015, 12:06 PM
Yes, he has the Animated form... and apparently so does Ironhide, but is less obvious in robot mode.I sort of want to see that...any pics anywhere?:)

DELTAprime
14th June 2015, 05:13 PM
What ever happened to the Marissa Faireborn figure from the Club? I went to BBTS and Ebay and couldn't find it.

CBratron
14th June 2015, 06:19 PM
Come to think of it I haven't heard of anyone owning the Marissa Faireborn/Afterbreaker set either.

edit: The only things I can find are the Seibertron gallery and a load of reveals from August 2014

Paulbot
14th June 2015, 06:40 PM
It's been delayed and as far as I'm aware it's still not released.

DELTAprime
19th June 2015, 07:59 PM
I really don't want a super large TAV Optimus. What's everyone think the odds are that we will see a TAV Warrior Class Optimus?

kreh80
19th June 2015, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone,

Far from young, but a realativley inexperienced collector, I have a question regarding the prices I am seeing on ebay.

I have been collecting G1 and movie figures for a few years. Due to life I have not completed the goal of collecting each movie character misb. I have not been active for about a year, with a new ethusiasm to finish the collection before baby number 4 arrives, I go and look up a few figures I need on ebay and a couple of prices have floored me.

Namely deluxe que and leadfoot, even the skids mudflap icecream truck. Now I can remember those figures going for around the 70/30 dollar mark. The prices I am seeing are $500 and $100 respectively. Are they really this sort after now? For you more experienced guys, do these prices fluctuate with time?. If not I'm afraid thats a couple of figures I'm going to have go without.

Thanks for any advice.

Handsprime
19th June 2015, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Far from young, but a realativley inexperienced collector, I have a question regarding the prices I am seeing on ebay.

I have been collecting G1 and movie figures for a few years. Due to life I have not completed the goal of collecting each movie character misb. I have not been active for about a year, with a new ethusiasm to finish the collection before baby number 4 arrives, I go and look up a few figures I need on ebay and a couple of prices have floored me.

Namely deluxe que and leadfoot, even the skids mudflap icecream truck. Now I can remember those figures going for around the 70/30 dollar mark. The prices I am seeing are $500 and $100 respectively. Are they really this sort after now? For you more experienced guys, do these prices fluctuate with time?. If not I'm afraid thats a couple of figures I'm going to have go without.

Thanks for any advice.

Que and Leadfoot (and Soundwave) make sense since these figures were only released in the Asian Market. Because of how limited the release is, the figures are worth a bit more than regular deluxes since they aren't as common as the other deluxes.
Not too sure about the ice cream twins

griffin
19th June 2015, 09:04 PM
What ever happened to the Marissa Faireborn figure from the Club? I went to BBTS and Ebay and couldn't find it.

I asked them yesterday as they were hoping to have Marissa and Old Snake before the convention... but they are still on their way from China.

I really don't want a super large TAV Optimus. What's everyone think the odds are that we will see a TAV Warrior Class Optimus?

Probably won't happen, as they released the Warrior Optimus mould as Nemesis Prime and have this oversized exclusive one coming instead.

spiderken17
21st June 2015, 06:43 PM
What scale figures go best with Generations Metroplex? I assume Legend class but are all Legend class figures the same or do they change? If they change is it by much?
I want to build a collection of figures to go with Metroplex for my soneso scale is not going to be super important, just if it is way out.

Paulbot
21st June 2015, 07:32 PM
Legend toys started in the Cybertron series and was renamed Legion class with DOTM. They are all about the same size and would work well with Metroplex. The new Generations legend scale (that came with a Minicon and now are part of Combiner Wars) are a new larger scale.

spiderken17
21st June 2015, 09:19 PM
Legend toys started in the Cybertron series and was renamed Legion class with DOTM. They are all about the same size and would work well with Metroplex. The new Generations legend scale (that came with a Minicon and now are part of Combiner Wars) are a new larger scale.

In that case I will buy your Legend class figures :)

Paulbot
21st June 2015, 10:03 PM
In that case I will buy your Legend class figures :)

Oh my answer seems self serving. Can someone else confirm my answer? :)

tinyJazz
21st June 2015, 10:17 PM
Paulbot is right... about the legends :D

TF Yuki posted a pic of (Takara) Metroplex with a ton of legends figures which seibertron mirrored here. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-tg23-metroplex-and-tg24-optimus-prime-bumblebee/28396/)

It's meant to be!

What scale figures go best with Generations Metroplex? I assume Legend class but are all Legend class figures the same or do they change? If they change is it by much?
I want to build a collection of figures to go with Metroplex for my soneso scale is not going to be super important, just if it is way out.

Handsprime
21st June 2015, 10:26 PM

TF Yuki posted a pic of (Takara) Metroplex with a ton of legends figures which seibertron mirrored here. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-tg23-metroplex-and-tg24-optimus-prime-bumblebee/28396/)

It's meant to be!

Hey there's even some Minicons and Spychangers there!

kurdt_the_goat
23rd June 2015, 11:31 AM

Good :) Although it looks to be part of a new sub-line, not sure if it'll have TAV numbering.
http://i.imgur.com/CrED4VV.jpg

UltraMarginal
23rd June 2015, 05:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for any advice.

try this for que (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-Deluxe-Dotm-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Mercedes-Benz-E550-Wheeljack-Que-AU-/221267044563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33848b28d3)
It's an OK figure but robot mode has limited knee articulation so only really has one or two poses, if you spend a lot you may be disappointed in it I feel.

perhaps consider the human alliance model for leadfoot, note there are two paint jobs for this one, one has the number on the roof.

the ice cream truck is fiddly and a neat concept but again I wouldn't pay loads for it.

with eBay it's sometimes worth just waiting with saved searches, sometimes someone will put something up for sale at a reasonable price and you'll be able to nab it, it could take months or years though. And it is worth remembering that certain lines do fluctuate in perceived value, I guess there are people on the market at the moment with money to burn who are keen on these items?

It's meant to be!

I agree with Paulbot and TinyJazz, some of the newer legends figures also scale well, like the optimus as you'd expect him to be bigger than a lot of the older smaller scale legends figures.

I am slowly collecting some WST Transformers for my Metroplex/fort max/other titan display if/when it ever happens. they might be considered too small by some.

Handsprime
23rd June 2015, 07:33 PM
Does Energon Wing Saber have the widest vehicle mode ever by Length:Width ratio?

Zommael
25th June 2015, 05:06 PM
Does Energon Wing Saber have the widest vehicle mode ever by Length:Width ratio?

By ratio almost certainly, but Grandus is almost as wide as it is long, depending on how you look at it.

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2015, 05:20 PM
By ratio almost certainly, but Grandus is almost as wide as it is long, depending on how you look at it.

Yeah he's a stocky fragger - kinda hoping we see him redone for Titan Wars :)

Handsprime
25th June 2015, 05:20 PM

Is Grandus the widest Transformer ever? Actually better yet which Transformers are:
The widest in alternate mode?
The longest in alternate mode?
Longest in Length:Width Ratio?

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2015, 05:21 PM
Is Grandus the widest Transformer ever? Actually better yet which Transformers are:
The widest in alternate mode?
The longest in alternate mode?
Longest in Length:Width Ratio?

I reckon the longest would have to be Generations Metroplex in mobile base mode

SuspectimusPrime
26th June 2015, 09:33 AM
Yeah he's a stocky fragger - kinda hoping we see him redone for Titan Wars :)

Or in Animated-form if Animated ever gets a reboot? ;)

Megatran
26th June 2015, 12:17 PM
Does the Takara Orion Pax (same mould as the 2015 TFCC Lio Convoy) only come in a 2-pack with Megatronus? Or is there a Takara Orion Pax single pack that I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

Golden Phoenix
26th June 2015, 12:57 PM
Does the Takara Orion Pax (same mould as the 2015 TFCC Lio Convoy) only come in a 2-pack with Megatronus? Or is there a Takara Orion Pax single pack that I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it was only in a 2 pack. TFWiki (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28G1%29/toys#VSMegatronus) also says only in the 2-pack as well.

prjkt
26th June 2015, 01:46 PM
Ja, only the two pack. However it is the best deco of both moulds so far - nice and shiny for Pax, and black w/purple highlights (very comic accurate) for Megs

BigTransformerTrev
26th June 2015, 07:42 PM
Or in Animated-form if Animated ever gets a reboot? ;)

They need to make EVERY character that appeared in Animated in Animated-style toy form :D:p

UltimateGalvatron
26th June 2015, 09:01 PM
How much was MP 11S Sunstorm's Standard RRP from TRU? Some are still floating around and am wondering whether it is worth my first MP Decepticon or not..

Trent
26th June 2015, 09:05 PM
They need to make EVERY character that appeared in Animated in Animated-style toy form :D:p

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/8570ef8cb4bca834bedb6210556dd000.jpg

How much was MP 11S Sunstorm's Standard RRP from TRU? Some are still floating around and am wondering whether it is worth my first MP Decepticon or not..

Beware. The Hasbro version sold at TRU is different to the Takara version. it's much more ugly.

Starscream77
26th June 2015, 09:30 PM

Where is that friggin like button !
:cool:

Handsprime
26th June 2015, 09:42 PM

If you're talking about the cartoon only

Ow my wallet

If you're also counting the comics

Ow my bank account

If you're also the allspark almanac

Owie ow im now bankrupt

GoktimusPrime
26th June 2015, 10:11 PM
Are you telling us that you wouldn't buy an Animated Carrera (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Carrera_(Animated))?! :p ;) :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th June 2015, 11:20 PM

Thanks.For what it's worth, I only want the Megatron, so if I can find a cheap 2-pack here sometime I'll happily split the cost and the Orion is yours.:)
It might take some time is all - I tend to wait for bargains and they're still new enough to be selling for more than I want to pay.

Megatran
26th June 2015, 11:28 PM
^ Thanks Ode, but I prefer mine minty in sealed box, so splitting is not an option. Appreciate your consideration. :)

UltimateGalvatron
29th June 2015, 07:40 AM
What is the pack in Comic for Thrilling 30 Goldfire?

Thanks- I suspect it is probably from Dark CYbertron but I am curious

prjkt
29th June 2015, 09:58 AM
What is the pack in Comic for Thrilling 30 Goldfire?

Thanks- I suspect it is probably from Dark CYbertron but I am curious

Robots in Disguise #18 - Dark Cybertron Prelude from the exiled Autobots perspective, "narrated" by Arcee

UltimateGalvatron
29th June 2015, 10:52 AM
Robots in Disguise #18 - Dark Cybertron Prelude from the exiled Autobots perspective, "narrated" by Arcee

Cool thanks

DELTAprime
30th June 2015, 06:15 PM
After Henkei ended I went with Hasbro's versions of the CHUG figures, but now that I'm back to buying Takara Tomy products far more often than Hasbro I'm wondering what United and Takara Generations figures are worth going back and getting to use as a replacement the Hasbro versions?

BTW: I value cartoon/media accuracy so more accurate decos are what I'm after.

prjkt
30th June 2015, 06:40 PM
Takara United Tracks over RTS Turbo Tracks for sure.
All Takara WFC/FOC figures are more game accurate, except Shockwave as he was part of the Arms Micron line instead.
United Jazz is another one. Grappel, Darkmount/Straxus and Thunderwing are 50/50, especially as the decos of the latter two vary in the source media too. The red on Hasbro's Darkmount's arms provides more of a contrast than the pale blue on Takara's Straxus though, more visually interesting.
United Scourge's metallic paint and extra blue in plane mode looks nicer, but either one is cartoon accurate in terms of colour.
The United Seeker three packs are probably the best releases of each character to date.
50/50 again for Lugnut, but I kinda prefer Hasbro's version.
Warpath is probably a Hasbro win for cartoon colour accuracy, while the Takara is more original toy accurate.
Perceptor's another tough one, Hasbro's RTS version has chromed parts and yellow windows, yet Takara's is shinier, with clear windows while the Asia Exclusive Generations version merges the shiny paint, chromed parts and clear windows together. Kup is another where the main difference is shiny paint.
Takara's Armada Starscream follows the original Armada colours, while Hasbro's is closer to his Dark Cybertron colours (which are based on the toy).
Orion Pax/Megatronus two pack from Takara has the superior deco, with Megatronus matching his comic form, black plastic and purple highlights, while Orion Pac has a beautiful metallic paint job and a blue window, rather than clear.
Generations Blurr probably beats United Blurr in bot mode for being visually interesting, Takara's is quite bland. Opposite for altmode though.
Brainstorm has a little extra paint on his wings and a slightly different coloured canopy.
Takara's Sky Byte wins out over Hasbro's, same for Windblade, with Arcee being exceptionally G1 vs Hasbro's.
Leader Megatron is a little more cartoon accurate from Takara, and Jetfire has a little more paint, but no chromed parts.
Generations Wheeljack beats the United version for accuracy, and the upcoming Leader Ultra Magnus is more comic accurate than Hasbro's, but lacks Minimus Ambus.

And that's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps.

Megatran
30th June 2015, 06:44 PM
I've noticed the Collector's Edition Ratchet has a small side panel missing near the undertray in vehicle mode compared to the Encore version. You can see the red background behind the missing small side panel.

Here are links to the pics, courtesy of TFsource.

Encore Ratchet (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/58/)

Collector's Edition Ratchet (http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1734/)

Can anyone explain why this is? It doesn't appear to be a one off. All the Collectors Edition Ratchet I've seen have this small missing piece. Bizarre....

Paulbot
30th June 2015, 07:00 PM
That site and it's popup is very unfriendly for mobiles. Do you mean the robot fist? Looks like the sticker is just a bit smaller on that release than it should be.

griffin
30th June 2015, 08:18 PM
That site and it's popup is very unfriendly for mobiles. Do you mean the robot fist? Looks like the sticker is just a bit smaller on that release than it should be.

Yes, it looks like the sticker on the back of the fist is too small on the Collectors Edition version.

Sinnertwin
30th June 2015, 09:03 PM

$130.
But as Trent pointed out, it has a different paint job

Megatran
1st July 2015, 07:38 AM

Yes, it looks like the sticker on the back of the fist is too small on the Collectors Edition version.
Thanks guys. That is bizarre.

UltraMarginal
1st July 2015, 06:14 PM
Takara United Tracks over RTS Turbo Tracks for sure.
All Takara WFC/FOC figures are more game accurate, except Shockwave as he was part of the Arms Micron line instead.
United Jazz is another one. Grappel, Darkmount/Straxus and Thunderwing are 50/50, especially as the decos of the latter two vary in the source media too. The red on Hasbro's Darkmount's arms provides more of a contrast than the pale blue on Takara's Straxus though, more visually interesting.
United Scourge's metallic paint and extra blue in plane mode looks nicer, but either one is cartoon accurate in terms of colour.
The United Seeker three packs are probably the best releases of each character to date.
50/50 again for Lugnut, but I kinda prefer Hasbro's version.
Warpath is probably a Hasbro win for cartoon colour accuracy, while the Takara is more original toy accurate.
Perceptor's another tough one, Hasbro's RTS version has chromed parts and yellow windows, yet Takara's is shinier, with clear windows while the Asia Exclusive Generations version merges the shiny paint, chromed parts and clear windows together. Kup is another where the main difference is shiny paint.
Takara's Armada Starscream follows the original Armada colours, while Hasbro's is closer to his Dark Cybertron colours (which are based on the toy).
Orion Pax/Megatronus two pack from Takara has the superior deco, with Megatronus matching his comic form, black plastic and purple highlights, while Orion Pac has a beautiful metallic paint job and a blue window, rather than clear.
Generations Blurr probably beats United Blurr in bot mode for being visually interesting, Takara's is quite bland. Opposite for altmode though.
Brainstorm has a little extra paint on his wings and a slightly different coloured canopy.
Takara's Sky Byte wins out over Hasbro's, same for Windblade, with Arcee being exceptionally G1 vs Hasbro's.
Leader Megatron is a little more cartoon accurate from Takara, and Jetfire has a little more paint, but no chromed parts.
Generations Wheeljack beats the United version for accuracy, and the upcoming Leader Ultra Magnus is more comic accurate than Hasbro's, but lacks Minimus Ambus.

And that's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps.

could not have said that any better.

Ultra Mackness
3rd July 2015, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know where I might find a complete list of the collector coins which have been released with MP transformers and some of the other Reissues?

Jaxius._
3rd July 2015, 09:26 PM
Is it just me or in the recent tfcc comic SG superion has a helicopter limb.

(Ssh it is basically confirmed)

Krayt
3rd July 2015, 11:08 PM
Is it just me or in the recent tfcc comic SG superion has a helicopter limb.

(Ssh it is basically confirmed)

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not combiner Superion.... It's the micro aster combiner Japanese recolour from mid 2000s.... The Japanese release had a con standard and autobot chase, and was released in the universe line as Superion. Six members...

http://www.tfu.info/2003/Destron/Sixwing/sixwing.htm

Megatran
5th July 2015, 06:39 PM
How do I combine shipping if I win several auctions from the same ebay Seller? What's the process?

Thanks in advance.

griffin
5th July 2015, 06:55 PM
If they are noted as being part of the "Global Shipping Program", you can't... which is why I avoid sellers who are on it.
If they aren't on the GSP, just send them a message asking for a combined quote.
They aren't require to if they don't mention it in their listings, but it can't hurt to ask (very politely).

Firestorm
6th July 2015, 09:56 PM
Does Amazon Japan ship to Australia?
and if so is it cheaper to buy Transformers Adventure figures from them than Robot Kingdom or BBTS? factoring in shipping?
Trying to get the New Optimus and Jazz (and maybe a few Q transformers) but the shipping from RK is insane and BBTS is sold out of primes

Megatran
6th July 2015, 10:10 PM
and if so is it cheaper to buy Transformers Adventure figures from them than Robot Kingdom or BBTS? factoring in shipping?
Trying to get the New Optimus and Jazz (and maybe a few Q transformers) but the shipping from RK is insane and BBTS is sold out of primes
No, Amazon Japan doesn't ship to Australia. Though you can use a freight forwarder or ship to a friend / person who lives in Japan who in turn sends it to Australia. But these options add additional cost anyway.

Firestorm
6th July 2015, 10:30 PM
No, Amazon Japan doesn't ship to Australia. Though you can use a freight forwarder or ship to a friend / person who lives in Japan who in turn sends it to Australia. But these options add additional cost anyway.

Darn,
alright thanks. guess I'm going with Robot Kingdom then. after my next pay.

Tober
6th July 2015, 10:53 PM

Only books, audio and anime/movies. Not games (usually) or much else including toys. Like Megatran said, you could use a proxy if it's worth the difference.

Wouldn't HLJ, Anime Export etc be cheaper?

Firestorm
7th July 2015, 01:49 PM
Only books, audio and anime/movies. Not games (usually) or much else including toys. Like Megatran said, you could use a proxy if it's worth the difference.

Wouldn't HLJ, Anime Export etc be cheaper?

Most sites I've checked have been sold out unfortunately

tinyJazz
7th July 2015, 02:40 PM

You could try fromjapan.co.jp as a proxy. Personally I haven't used them yet, but the reviews I've read were pretty positive.

Firestorm
7th July 2015, 06:07 PM
You could try fromjapan.co.jp as a proxy. Personally I haven't used them yet, but the reviews I've read were pretty positive.

I'll look into that, thanks for the tip
I normally would have a friend in Japan I can send things through, but he's busy right now with family visiting and a baby on the way so don't want to inconvenience him. So a proxy may be best

davieanix
8th July 2015, 07:18 AM
There are new TFA preorders on BBTS (and I'm sure elsewhere too). One of them says Rumble and Frenzy. What are the chances these are the United figs that didn't see wide release? Or does anyone have info on what they are?

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th July 2015, 07:59 AM
There are new TFA preorders on BBTS (and I'm sure elsewhere too). One of them says Rumble and Frenzy. What are the chances these are the United figs that didn't see wide release? Or does anyone have info on what they are?No real news yet, though I'd expect them to be more 'Deployer'-type toys than a reissue of the Classics ones.
It's possible though.

Jaxius._
8th July 2015, 09:53 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not combiner Superion.... It's the micro aster combiner Japanese recolour from mid 2000s.... The Japanese release had a con standard and autobot chase, and was released in the universe line as Superion. Six members...

http://www.tfu.info/2003/Destron/Sixwing/sixwing.htm

The more you know

BigTransformerTrev
8th July 2015, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know if the step-changer RID Drift that launches Mini-Cons actually comes with any Mini-Cons? Trying to decide whether to order it or just get the regular Deluxe at the Target Toy Sale in 3 weeks

Firestorm
8th July 2015, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if the step-changer RID Drift that launches Mini-Cons actually comes with any Mini-Cons? Trying to decide whether to order it or just get the regular Deluxe at the Target Toy Sale in 3 weeks

Pretty sure both deployers come with 1 mini-con.
But the warrior Drift And the one step Drift and Fracture can't launch mini-cons
That said the warrior Drift is probably one of my favourite figures in the RiD line so far.

Bladestorm
8th July 2015, 02:25 PM

He comes with one minicon.
My daughter has him and my son has the Fracture one.

They seem to prefer Fracture. My daughter doesn't like the leg design on the minicon launcher Drift.

The minicon has lots of little orange plastic bits (purple in the case of Fracture's minicon) you can add to him to make him look better but they are easy to come off and have potential to be easily lost.

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th July 2015, 08:17 PM
There are new TFA preorders on BBTS (and I'm sure elsewhere too). One of them says Rumble and Frenzy. What are the chances these are the United figs that didn't see wide release? Or does anyone have info on what they are?Good news (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-takara-tomy-transformers-adventure-tav-ted-qt-listings-now-with-images/33420/) - it turns out they are a re-release.:)

Glad I was wrong about that one, I've got mine already but it's good to know other people will get another chance at them as well.

UltimateGalvatron
8th July 2015, 08:57 PM
Good news (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-takara-tomy-transformers-adventure-tav-ted-qt-listings-now-with-images/33420/) - it turns out they are a re-release.:)

Glad I was wrong about that one, I've got mine already but it's good to know other people will get another chance at them as well.

IMO from the reviews I have seen they are Masterpiece in quality, despite being chug.

davieanix
8th July 2015, 09:42 PM
Amazing news! =D

UltimateGalvatron
8th July 2015, 10:52 PM
Are there any Oz members who need a Wave 4 Legends Rodimus, Skywarp or Groove? I'm heading to a Big W tomorrow that had numerous Rodimus and Skywarps and 1 Groove (well there are 2 but it's mine :P). Send me a PM if you do. This is just because they are new items not trying to make a profit.

prjkt
9th July 2015, 08:01 AM
IMO from the reviews I have seen they are Masterpiece in quality, despite being chug.

Apart from the touchy pistons, they're great figures.

Meister
9th July 2015, 11:29 AM
G'day all,

Just a question regarding scale, picked up the G1 deco Leader class Megatron (Combiner wars) and now looking for a relative size Optimus to kick his ass (if u get what I mean :)). The only figure I can see as getting close is something like a masterpiece figure (since it's also got the G1 look) although I've heard that the optimus masterpieces have come in different sizes?

Anyway, right now I'm looking into the hasbro key to vector sigma figure, is anyone able to confirm if that MP is at a same or close to the same scale as the CW Leader Megatron?

Just want to make sure It will suit the purpose that I'm after (same size/scale, look the part) before forking out that much dosh

I managed to pick up a ROTF leader class optimus but he's a tad bit on the roids compared to CW Megs

Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

Handsprime
9th July 2015, 12:02 PM
G'day all,

Just a question regarding scale, picked up the G1 deco Leader class Megatron (Combiner wars) and now looking for a relative size Optimus to kick his ass (if u get what I mean :)). The only figure I can see as getting close is something like a masterpiece figure (since it's also got the G1 look) although I've heard that the optimus masterpieces have come in different sizes?

Anyway, right now I'm looking into the hasbro key to vector sigma figure, is anyone able to confirm if that MP is at a same or close to the same scale as the CW Leader Megatron?

Just want to make sure It will suit the purpose that I'm after (same size/scale, look the part) before forking out that much dosh

I managed to pick up a ROTF leader class optimus but he's a tad bit on the roids compared to CW Megs

Any help would be appreciated, cheers :)

MP-10 is about the same size as CW Megatron.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2015, 12:16 PM
There are two main moulds for MP Optimus Prime, the original MP1 mould and the newer MP10 mould.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/masterpiece%20optimus%20prime/masterpieceop18.jpg
Left: MP10, Right: MP1

In terms of size...
MP1 = 30.5cm
MP10 = 24cm
CW Megatron = 23cm

So yeah, height-wise MP10 is the nearest match. Also, remember that Australia will be getting the reissue Japanese MP10 Optimus Prime (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20297) which has different colours from the standard Hasbro release. You may like to compare and see which version you prefer. :)

griffin
9th July 2015, 01:00 PM

Yes... even TakaraTomy were promoting their (Generations) Megatron toy as being a pairing for the MP-10 Optimus toy, which they re-released at around the same time in Japan.
It's slightly more complex, but the pair go well together because Megatron is about "Gen1" looking as we are likely to get from Hasbro (or TakaraTomy for the foreseeable future).

Paulbot
9th July 2015, 01:05 PM
Just confirming for you, that the Hasbro Optimus Prime that comes with the vector sigma accessories is the Mp10 toy that the others are talking about.

UltraMarginal
9th July 2015, 02:44 PM
Just confirming for you, that the Hasbro Optimus Prime that comes with the vector sigma accessories is the Mp10 toy that the others are talking about.

what vector sigma accessories/prime are we talking about here??:confused:

Paulbot
9th July 2015, 03:09 PM
what vector sigma accessories/prime are we talking about here??:confused:

There's this release of Masterpiece Optimus Prime (MP10 version) that comes with Vector Sigma and a Key (https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail) - which is the one Meister wanted to know if it would be in scale with CW Leader Megatron.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2015, 04:28 PM
That's a sweet looking accessory, but I'm not prepared to buy another MP10 just to get it. But great for people who don't have an MP10 yet (or those who don't mind just getting another one). :)

It's slightly more complex, but the pair go well together because Megatron is about "Gen1" looking as we are likely to get from Hasbro (or TakaraTomy for the foreseeable future).
Also no legal hassles with import and ownership! :D

UltraMarginal
9th July 2015, 05:52 PM
There's this release of Masterpiece Optimus Prime (MP10 version) that comes with Vector Sigma and a Key (https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail) - which is the one Meister wanted to know if it would be in scale with CW Leader Megatron.

And knowing is half the battle.
If I didn't already have an MP 10 I'd consider getting that. cool accessory.

DELTAprime
9th July 2015, 06:05 PM
How quickly does Premium Collectables send out their preorders? Did people get UW Superion around the same time as Japanese EMS preorders? I'm thinking about trying them for UW Devastator, just got to scrounge together the cash upfront.

UltimateGalvatron
9th July 2015, 08:36 PM
How much Australian does it approximately cost to go to Botcon, not including at con purchases? Thanks

griffin
9th July 2015, 10:18 PM
How much Australian does it approximately cost to go to Botcon, not including at con purchases? Thanks

Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=454931#post454931). :)

Meister
9th July 2015, 10:34 PM

There are two main moulds for MP Optimus Prime, the original MP1 mould and the newer MP10 mould.

Left: MP10, Right: MP1

In terms of size...
MP1 = 30.5cm
MP10 = 24cm
CW Megatron = 23cm

So yeah, height-wise MP10 is the nearest match. Also, remember that Australia will be getting the reissue Japanese MP10 Optimus Prime (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20297) which has different colours from the standard Hasbro release. You may like to compare and see which version you prefer. :)

Thanks everyone for the info (including Paulbot for saving me from looking like a dope :o)

So basically MP-10 is what I should be looking at for the best scale opponent to CW Megatron, and the key to vector sigma one is an MP-10 = awesome :). I've had a quick look at a few comparison vids between the Takara and Hasbro versions and the main differences appear to be different colours (Hasbro reflects G1 animation while Takara reflects G1 toy more) with quality of the product (more tight and better detailing) going to Takara. Essentially its going to be a present for my son (yes I've decided to seize the opportunity to relive my youth through my kids:D), meaning that its for the purpose of being played with as opposed to being displayed, so of course price plays a big part in that category for me which leans me more to the Hasbro version as it is "supposed" to be "cheaper", and the finer detailing sort of becomes irrelevant since its most likely going to get banged up.

Unless of course the Takara version is available for the same price then its much of a muchness to me (although personally I think I like the colouring of the Hasbro one better since I've already got a G1 figure - and that one is mine;))

Does anyone have any idea on what the going price range would be for the Takara release MP-10 that Australia is supposed to be getting? Goktimus - I'm assuming you mean its scheduled to hit Toys R Us etc sometime this year?, would I be right to assume it would most likely be around the Ultra Magnus price i.e. $300, or can we expect it to be somewhere around the $200 mark?

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2015, 12:17 AM
Goktimus - I'm assuming you mean its scheduled to hit Toys R Us etc sometime this year?, would I be right to assume it would most likely be around the Ultra Magnus price i.e. $300, or can we expect it to be somewhere around the $200 mark?
Yeah, should be coming out later this year. As for price, your guess is as good as mine. :o Hasbro's MP10 sold here for $150, so my guess would be that the imported TakaraTOMY reissue might sell for $200.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_meme_interpreter_zps7runeeq9.jpg

UltimateGalvatron
10th July 2015, 05:34 AM
Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=454931#post454931). :)

Thanks. So hope it isn't in LA :p

griffin
10th July 2015, 05:53 AM
LA is the best location in terms of cost (cheapest airfares because you don't need to buy the extra Domestic flights within America) and extra things to do if you want to make a holiday around the convention (Universal Studios with the Transformers Ride and merchandise, Disneyland, Hollywood Studios that most have tours).
I've been to LA five times now and there are still things I want to do if I go back there.

UltimateGalvatron
10th July 2015, 06:07 AM
I just meant because the airfare cost is a lot higher then other American destinations. I agree from what I've heard L.A is a good place with lots of stuff to do.

Paulbot
10th July 2015, 08:51 AM
It's at least a grand to get to the US regardless and you'll likely fly into LA from Australia. The cheaper flights Griffin mentioned (the couple of hundred ones) are for the extra connecting flights you'd need to buy from LA to whichever city hosts BotCon. Being in LA gives you only one return flight to buy.

UltimateGalvatron
10th July 2015, 01:36 PM
Which is the cheapest MP10 Mould you can find atm?
I think year of the horse/goat/sheep whatever one is I'm curious as I want one but don't want to spend to much money.

DELTAprime
13th July 2015, 07:49 PM
Anyone have a link to a scan of CW Powerglide's instructions?

Now that I have UW Superion I thought I'd try Powerglide's gun mode but I'm not sure where I put the instructions and my attempt looks wrong.

DELTAprime
13th July 2015, 07:51 PM
I think year of the horse/goat/sheep whatever one is I'm curious as I want one but don't want to spend to much money.

The Hasbro Vector Sigma reissue is cheap right now.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/masterpiece-optimus-prime-w-trailer-vector-sigma-gift-set-reissue

Handsprime
13th July 2015, 07:52 PM

MP-10 reissue would be the cheapest.

I actually would like an MP-10. If anyone wants a year of the horse Optimus, I am willing enough to trade it for a used MP-10.

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th July 2015, 01:52 PM
Anyone have a link to a scan of CW Powerglide's instructions?

Now that I have UW Superion I thought I'd try Powerglide's gun mode but I'm not sure where I put the instructions and my attempt looks wrong.

Is the gun mode in the instructions?  I have UW Powerglide and it just has the jet mode.

Remember the jets on his legs can slide up and down.

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2015, 07:17 PM
It's not in the instructions. Google for pics of Powerglide in gun mode and work it from there. :)

DELTAprime
22nd July 2015, 06:17 PM
I just found a random CW Hot Rod on the shelf and grabbed it. I tried to stick him to CW Prime's chest but he hardly goes on the spikes and a tap will make him fall off. Is this just how the moulds are meant to be?

griffin
22nd July 2015, 06:23 PM
I just found a random CW Hot Rod on the shelf and grabbed it. I tried to stick him to CW Prime's chest but he hardly goes on the spikes and a tap will make him fall off. Is this just how the moulds are meant to be?

Blackjack is the same... they don't plug in tightly enough, or in enough to hold well.

DELTAprime
22nd July 2015, 06:31 PM
Blackjack is the same... they don't plug in tightly enough, or in enough to hold well.

What a bummer. I was actually going to get an extra TAV Runabout (is that what they are calling him???) to be a chest plate for UW Menasor.

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2015, 11:19 PM
Gah, sucks to hear that they didn't try to fix this flaw w/ the mould.

DELTAprime
6th August 2015, 06:23 AM
The Diaclone Reboot (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/wonderfest-2015-takara-tomy-diaclone-reboot/33577/) line that Takara Tomy is bringing out, are we going to see designs that would go on to be Transformers in the line?

UltraMarginal
6th August 2015, 10:17 AM
The Diaclone Reboot (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/wonderfest-2015-takara-tomy-diaclone-reboot/33577/) line that Takara Tomy is bringing out, are we going to see designs that would go on to be Transformers in the line?

I've been thinking exactly the same thing:D

Zommael
6th August 2015, 03:12 PM
What a bummer. I was actually going to get an extra TAV Runabout (is that what they are calling him???) to be a chest plate for UW Menasor.

The fan-created Seeker chestplate fits in much tighter, and works much better IMO.

Trent
6th August 2015, 09:25 PM

Oh god I want that. I'm hanging on preorders going up...

DELTAprime
8th August 2015, 03:08 PM
Anyone have the link to the reading order list of IDW G1? I had it ages ago but I've lost it.

Paulbot
8th August 2015, 03:25 PM
Anyone have the link to the reading order list of IDW G1? I had it ages ago but I've lost it.

Check it out here

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=475262

BigTransformerTrev
8th August 2015, 07:58 PM
Anyone got a lead on where you can get TAV Override from? By the time I found out about him all my usual sources had sold out and my weeks of subsequent searching has turned up naught. :(

Fungal Infection
9th August 2015, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know whether it's been hinted that Hasbro will be releasing deluxe CW Groove on his own sometime down the line? Torn between getting the Takara giftset and the Hasbro version because I actually prefer the colours of the Hasbro version but want Groove as a full sized limb rather than a legends version.

Golden Phoenix
9th August 2015, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know whether it's been hinted that Hasbro will be releasing deluxe CW Groove on his own sometime down the line? Torn between getting the Takara giftset and the Hasbro version because I actually prefer the colours of the Hasbro version but want Groove as a full sized limb rather than a legends version.

I think it will depend on what Takara does with Blast Off.

I reckon if they make their own space shuttle mould (or even possible heavily retool the Alpha-Bravo mould), then Hasbro might do what they did with Slingshot and Wildrider, and release Groove and Blastoff in a small wave of 2.

UltimateGalvatron
17th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Do we have an ongoing RPG on the board thread? If we don't would anyone join in if I started one?

UltraMarginal
18th August 2015, 10:28 AM
Do we have an ongoing RPG on the board thread? If we don't would anyone join in if I started one?

I think there have been some in the past, they tend to last for a while and then go a bit quiet. I don't know if I have the attention span myself but your welcome to start one.

Megatran
18th August 2015, 10:41 AM
When I see or hear the acronym RPG I'm thinking of Rocket Propelled Grenade. But I'm sure you're not referring to this.

DELTAprime
18th August 2015, 12:59 PM
When I see or hear the acronym RPG I'm thinking of Rocket Propelled Grenade. But I'm sure you're not referring to this.

RPG means either Rocket Propelled Grenade, or Role Playing Game. There are variations on Role Playing Games, some are played in video games, some are in real life, some are played on forums, like this one.

MMORPG is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. JRPG is a Japanese Role Playing Game. Turn based RPG is a RPG where people take turns playing the game. Table top RPG is a RPG played on a table with little figures. etc, etc, etc.

Verno
18th August 2015, 04:08 PM
Part of the second assortment of Beast Wars Deluxe-class toys, Wolfang transforms into a timber wolf. In robot mode, his wolf mode's back becomes a hand-held shield, and his tail becomes a spring-loaded missile launcher; two anchor-shaped missiles are stored in Wolfang's midsection. By transforming his shield and replacing it on his back, his gun can peg into the shield's handle for storage in robot mode. This potentially doubles as an inefficient Attack Mode for his wolf mode, as the gun is facing backwards.
I'm a few 100km away from my collection. Would anyone care to try this out?

griffin
18th August 2015, 08:10 PM
I'm a few 100km away from my collection. Would anyone care to try this out?

I spent several minutes failing to figure out what they were talking about, when I realised I had grabbed K-9 instead of Wolfang. :o

On Wolfang, the shield's post does sit in the crevice where the gun's post folds into, but I think it is just coincidence that the two are of similar length (they are intentionally similar width because they both have to fit in the fists)... it doesn't fit perfectly like a post in a fist hole, it sorta just sits in there comfortably and falls out if the toy is moved too much.

Verno
18th August 2015, 08:16 PM
I spent several minutes failing to figure out what they were talking about, when I realised I had grabbed K-9 instead of Wolfang. :o

On Wolfang, the shield's post does sit in the crevice where the gun's post folds into, but I think it is just coincidence that the two are of similar length (they are intentionally similar width because they both have to fit in the fists)... it doesn't fit perfectly like a post in a fist hole, it sorta just sits in there comfortably and falls out if the toy is moved too much.
Damn. I was formulating all sorts of ideas about it acting as a turret for a basic-sized figure to man whilst riding Wolfang.

Cheers for having a look anyway, Griff.

1AZRAEL1
21st August 2015, 04:19 PM
Was there any running colour change for Micromaster Flak?

Going through my stuff I am selling, and I found I have 2. The olive green version, and a vibrant dark green. Anyone know about the latter or has it?

Paulbot
21st August 2015, 05:11 PM
I remembered this question coming up before... and it turns out that was you too (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=19356).

1AZRAEL1
21st August 2015, 06:35 PM
Yea I had asked that, damn near a year ago haha. Still no idea as to why there are different versions. Wonder who would know and could shed some light

Paulbot
21st August 2015, 07:52 PM
My first thought was this was a thing, but it was because I was remembering you asking before. I've checked all my guidebooks but non make mention of it.

1AZRAEL1
21st August 2015, 08:11 PM
I can't find any mention of it anywhere either. Kinda irritating lol

DELTAprime
21st August 2015, 09:27 PM
I found by looking on ebay and seeing MOC Battle Patrol's that they were KO'ed. The KO's are in packaging that looks similar to real packaging, but don't say "Transformers" (I think they say Battle Patrol in Transformers font and colours). I have no idea how to tell a real loose Battle Patrol from a KO Battle Patrol. I would love to know since I bought a loose Battle Patrol off ebay a couple of years back.

DELTAprime
22nd August 2015, 07:25 PM
Question... My LG Arcee came with 4 weapons, 2 translucent blue weapons and a pink and a grey gun. My Combiner Hunters Arcee only came with the two translucent blue weapons. Are the pink and grey guns exclusive to the LG version or did Hasbro just drop them from the CH version, cause as we all know, Hasbro are cheap bastards that count the cost of everything?

griffin
22nd August 2015, 08:06 PM
Question... My LG Arcee came with 4 weapons, 2 translucent blue weapons and a pink and a grey gun. My Combiner Hunters Arcee only came with the two translucent blue weapons. Are the pink and grey guns exclusive to the LG version or did Hasbro just drop them from the CH version, cause as we all know, Hasbro are cheap bastards that count the cost of everything?

GEN-14 Arcee had four weapons as well, so if Hasbro were to be cheap, that would be the one they'd be cheap with... while SDCC toys are full of extra frills that cost a lot, so there is no reason for them to cut back on that version unless there was a reason, like say, accommodating a giant big sword as a fifth weapon.

My thinking is that the GEN and LG versions of Arcee have two fists and two leg holes for holding all four weapons... throw in another weapon that often needs two hands to hold, two of the regular weapons wouldn't have proper storage spots on the robot mode.
Chromia and Windblade on the other hand only had a single weapon with their original toys, which can be stored while holding their new swords... so didn't need to be sacrificed like two of Arcee's weapons.
That's my thinking anyway.

Paulbot
31st August 2015, 08:39 PM
Went looking to see if there was a Transformers Generations 2015 edition guidebook in the works, and the websites for the book publishing company are all gone. Either errors on some and cybersquatters have jumped on the Million Publishing domain name?

Anyone heard anything about this? Perhaps the company went out of business?

Would be a shame if there's no more coming as I've loved adding these books to my library.

GoktimusPrime
31st August 2015, 09:50 PM
Million Publishing...
Official home page (http://taiyohgroup.jp/company/millionpub/)
'Transformers' search result (http://taiyohgroup.jp/?s=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E 3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC)

UltimateGalvatron
31st August 2015, 09:53 PM
Will Titan Class Devastator be coming out with other stockists by Christmas?

Paulbot
31st August 2015, 10:50 PM
Million Publishing...
Official home page (http://taiyohgroup.jp/company/millionpub/)
'Transformers' search result (http://taiyohgroup.jp/?s=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E 3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC)

Great!

The old website www.millionhero.jp is gone, but good to see they aren't. Still no 2015 volume on their site though. Hopefully one will come to cover all the (many) TAV releases and the newest MPs.

DELTAprime
9th September 2015, 01:22 AM
Will Titan Class Devastator be coming out with other stockists by Christmas?

I'm hopeful that Hasbro will have their supply chain issues sorted soon and we will get good supplies of all Generations toys. Till that happens we have to wait and see what trickles out to the retailers.

UltimateGalvatron
9th September 2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah Toys R Us got him like a few days after I asked. $300 though! :mad:

Megatran
13th September 2015, 03:09 PM
What's the difference between ehobby Sunstorm 2003 & the reissue in 2009? How can you tell?

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2015, 11:57 PM
What's the difference between ehobby Sunstorm 2003 & the reissue in 2009? How can you tell?
1. Packaging. The original is pre-Tomy while the reissue is post Tomy, so original has "Takara" logos whereas reissue has "TakaraTOMY" logos.
2. Only the reissue comes with the exclusive pack-in comic & 2 bonus sticker sheets (Autobot and Decepticon logos).
3. The original was only sold with Road Hauler (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-galery_image_933_2621.jpg). They were not sold individually (even though they are packaged in individual boxes). The reissue was just sold on his own.

Images

Original
Front of box (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3659/3451934526_33e49b992e_b.jpg)
* Takara logo located at bottom right corner
* 'Collector's Edition' logo located at top right corner
* No legal fine print
Back of box (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-galery_image_1716_5011.jpg)
* Far less legal blurb
* You can see a bold 89; that's Sunstorm's number (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cYj4OEOB8-0/VBcJ2OZyqMI/AAAAAAAAHvU/e1KYfGcvbTo/s1600/Sunstorm%2BFront.jpg)

Reissue
Front of box (http://toys.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2009/10/Japane-hobbySunstorm2ndissue_1256988796.jpg)
* TakaraTOMY logo located at top right corner
* 'Collector's Edition' logo located at top left corner
* Legal fine print located at bottom centre
Back of box (http://s615.photobucket.com/user/EHOBBYsunstorm/media/ehobbySUNSTORM04.jpg)
* More legal text
* No number 89
* Has QR code (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code)

AFAIK there are no differences between the two toys when they're loose. So I guess the only way to be sure is to get it MISB.

I actually only wanted Road Hauler in 2003, but I ended up getting Sunstorm too because I 'had to.' I initially tried to sell off my Sunstorm (for about $40) and nobody was even remotely interested. Then in 2004, Dreamwave went and made Sunstorm a cool character (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/2469030-sunstorm_tf_g1_vol03_2003_2.jpg), and now I'm glad that I got this toy. :)

DELTAprime
15th September 2015, 06:26 PM
AFAIK there are no differences between the two toys when they're loose. So I guess the only way to be sure is to get it MISB.

I have the reissue and I've noticed no difference between pictures of the original and what I have.

Ozgardian
25th September 2015, 09:21 PM
Did anyone do a review of the black version with swords of Age of extinction Sixshot? ...couldn't see one & I just ordered him.:)

GoktimusPrime
25th September 2015, 09:46 PM
There's an Age of Extinction Sixshot?!? :confused: :eek:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sixshot_(disambiguation)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Age_of_Extinction_(toyline)

UltimateGalvatron
25th September 2015, 09:57 PM
There's an Age of Extinction Sixshot?!? :confused: :eek:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sixshot_(disambiguation)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Age_of_Extinction_(toyline)

It's a KO of MMCs Hexatron

Ozgardian
25th September 2015, 10:35 PM
Sorry, my bad (face palm:() didn't realise he was 3rd party. Looks like He's been holidaying in the Final Fantasy realm & has some nifty souvenir swords to show for it!:cool:

Megatran
5th October 2015, 05:41 PM
How many variants of the AoE Evasion Mode Optimus Prime mould were released (not including the Milk Magazine exclusive one off custom paint job)?

I'm counting 8?

griffin
5th October 2015, 08:38 PM
How many variants of the AoE Evasion Mode Optimus Prime mould were released (not including the Milk Magazine exclusive one off custom paint job)?

I'm counting 8?

Yes... these seven plus the regular release Japanese version (slightly different to the regular release Hasbro version).
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/botcon/bc15/ba49.jpg

DELTAprime
12th October 2015, 06:31 PM
I think I'll have enough spare cash next week to order one of the Takara Tomy convention exclusive MP cars. Which one is in shorter supply, Blue Bluestreak or Silverstreak?

Golden Phoenix
12th October 2015, 06:49 PM
I think I'll have enough spare cash next week to order one of the Takara Tomy convention exclusive MP cars. Which one is in shorter supply, Blue Bluestreak or Silverstreak?

I personally would go for the Blue Bluestreak. The blue stands out enough to make him look like a different character, rather than a figure they just forgot to put paint on......

UltraMarginal
12th October 2015, 06:57 PM

I personally would go for the Blue Bluestreak. The blue stands out enough to make him look like a different character, rather than a figure they just forgot to put paint on......

I would have to agree with that assessment. PC have the silver one for a not bad price. I have the 3 brothers, if I was going to get a fourth personally I'd get the blue bluestreak. It's very pretty.

DELTAprime
12th October 2015, 07:43 PM
PC have the silver one for a not bad price.

You had me excited for a moment, but alas they are sold out. I'm looking at BBTS for the pair, and I am planning to get both, so I'm just worrieds about which one is in shorter supply.

Bladestorm
12th October 2015, 09:12 PM
I have a lot of the modern Optimus Primes (last few years), and I'm now contemplating what to look for in terms of older Optimus's that are worth collecting.
I look at the list of Optimus Prime figures and it is somewhat overwhelming how many there have been over the years and I honestly don't know where to start in terms of getting some of the more classic versions.

I'm after an Encore (because I can't afford the original), but what other figures (or versions of figures) do you think a G1 loving OP gal like myself should be saving up and looking out for (maybe your top 10 worth getting)?
And alternatively which figures should I avoid? (I won't be getting Animated as I dislike that version of OP and I only collect trucks, not monkeys)

I don't want every Optimus figure. I want a few key pieces that are G1 or G1-reminiscent in colour or form to add some historical depth to my collection.

ZoonMaster5000
12th October 2015, 11:05 PM

Not sure if you know but pc has 1 Silverstreak up due to cancellation.

Megatran
12th October 2015, 11:10 PM
I look at the list of Optimus Prime figures and it is somewhat overwhelming how many there have been over the years and I honestly don't know where to start in terms of getting some of the more classic versions.

I don't want every Optimus figure. I want a few key pieces that are G1 or G1-reminiscent in colour or form to add some historical depth to my collection.
First of all, you've got a decent OP collection. :)

Try looking up tfwiki. It has a smorgasbord of OP toys over the years with a brief description.

If you are into slightly quirky G1 OP, I'd suggest Red Camouflage BAPE Convoy, Music Label Convoy & Exile Perfect Year Convoy. The last being limited numbers.

Happy hunting & good luck.

TAAUBlaster
12th October 2015, 11:13 PM
I have a lot of the modern Optimus Primes (last few years), and I'm now contemplating what to look for in terms of older Optimus's that are worth collecting.

I'm after an Encore (because I can't afford the original), but what other figures (or versions of figures) do you think a G1 loving OP gal like myself should be saving up and looking out for (maybe your top 10 worth getting)?
And alternatively which figures should I avoid? (I won't be getting Animated as I dislike that version of OP and I only collect trucks, not monkeys)

I always thought the New Year G1 Convoy reissue that came with Matrix chain, mousepad and Action Master Prime was a nice figure.

The G2 Laser Optimus Prime is a solid figure as well.

I'm also a big fan of the RID/Car Robots (2001) Optimus Prime. :)

Hope that helps narrow your search down a little!

BruiseLee
12th October 2015, 11:20 PM

Ok I've stopped drooling over the pics of your Ultimetal OP now. Very nice collection!

For the G1 look, a Generations Classics Prime will be a nice bridge from blocky G1 to the more modern figs. Also a worlds smallest TF Prime would look great in that case.

Also one of my favorites is the Cybertron OP/Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy. It's leader sized and has just enough to homage G1 OP and has a fantastic winged backpack.

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2015, 12:14 AM

My top 10 suggestions:

* G1 original Optimus Prime (any Japanese reissue); all the JP reissues are good. Avoid the Hasbro ones as they have shortened smoke stacks and silly looking lengthened missiles.
* G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime or God Ginrai (reissue)
* G1 Star Convoy (reissue)
* G2 Laser Optimus Prime. One of the best Optimus Prime toys ever made. IMHO it reigned supreme as the best OP toy from 1995-2007 when it was finally matched by TF1 Leader Class Optimus Prime.
* Super Fire Convoy. I strongly recommend this over RiD2000 Optimus Prime, because Hasbro's version has inferior quality rubber on the tyres which are prone to splitting. However, Takara's is more prone to chrome chipping, so just be careful with that. You may consider getting God Magnus so that they can combine to form God Fire Convoy. Remember that Car Robot was the toyline that inspired Takara to make Binaltech and Masterpiece. ;)
* Armada Optimus Prime, Super-Con (w/ Over-Run Mini-Con). This is the smaller carded figure which actually is a better figure than the larger "super pants" version.
* MP-1 Convoy. While MP10 is still a very nice toy, MP-1 still boasts a lot of incredible features which MP10's cab robot simply doesn't have.
* Classics Optimus Prime, or any of the several redecos of this mould (they're all good :D)
* Alternity Convoy (red)
* Generations Orion Pax

christalcase
13th October 2015, 12:20 AM

RiD Optimus Prime, he is my favourite Transformer ever and is an excellent mold.

Zommael
13th October 2015, 11:23 AM

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron Optimus Prime yet. It's one of the best Optimus moulds ever made, with articulation at near Masterpiece levels, three different modes (five if you get the combiner partners), firing missiles, electronic lights and sounds, opening matrix chamber... it's just awesome. Get the original if you can, but the smaller Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy is a worthy substitute if you can track it down and space is an issue.

BruiseLee
13th October 2015, 12:49 PM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron Optimus Prime yet. It's one of the best Optimus moulds ever made, with articulation at near Masterpiece levels, three different modes (five if you get the combiner partners), firing missiles, electronic lights and sounds, opening matrix chamber... it's just awesome. Get the original if you can, but the smaller Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy is a worthy substitute if you can track it down and space is an issue.

Look up a bit ;)

And yes, I totally agree with you on this!

UltraMarginal
13th October 2015, 12:52 PM
My favourite Primes,

G1 (can't really beat the original, except with MP-04 and MP-10)

MP-04 it's a glorious toy, solid, great transformation, looks spectacular.
MP-10 is almost as good as MP-04, it's cleaner, but doesn't have quite the same appeal in the Robot mode.

I quite like the animated prime, I realise you're not a fan but the transformation of the earth mode voyager is not overly complex but is interesting with the spinning gimmick.
The Cybertron mode deluxe is a pretty cool take on the character.
both robot modes are well articulated and can be posed quite emotively.

First Edition TFP Prime is a brilliant toy, well engineered and articulated. (be sure to avoid the one with brown doors which was a re-release) the first release is pretty much impossible to pick in-pack and potentially a lot more expensive if you can find it.

the Generations voyager prime is a good solid mould, it's starting to age a bit in my opinion but is still an excellent modernisation of the original character.

War for Cybertron Prime is a good mould, complex but fun.
FOC prime is small and simple but does look like a fist on wheels as described by the game designers.

Trent
13th October 2015, 01:22 PM

Wait.

It combines?

BruiseLee
13th October 2015, 02:20 PM
Wait.

It combines?

Yup but not like the CW gestalts. From memory think it was Wing Saber to give him a different winged backpack and the liger one to give him a claw arm.

Bladestorm
13th October 2015, 02:41 PM
Wow - I want to thank you guys for all the recommendations so far... do keep 'em coming.

I am making a list based on your comments so I can narrow down and prioritise what I want to get first. I've been eyeing off the 2002 New Year Special version of Convoy... so nice to know it is worth considering.

First Edition TFP Prime is a brilliant toy, well engineered and articulated. (be sure to avoid the one with brown doors which was a re-release) the first release is pretty much impossible to pick in-pack and potentially a lot more expensive if you can find it.

I have the SDCC First Edition TFP Prime... is it worth getting another version of this mould as well or will he be enough? (There is a First Edition Prime inside clear plastic packaging at hobbybase at the moment so I'll have to give him a good look over next time I am in there). My TFP Prime is not on display at the moment as I simply don't have enough room for him and his matrix... yet. ;)

GoktimusPrime
13th October 2015, 09:46 PM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned Galaxy Convoy/Cybertron Optimus Prime yet.
Bruiselee already mentioned it (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=494117&postcount=8405). :)

Wait.

It combines?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whsKhNmMLto

Zommael
13th October 2015, 09:51 PM
Bruiselee already mentioned it (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=494117&postcount=8405). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whsKhNmMLto

That'll teach me to skim read. Sorry, Bruiselee!

Handsprime
13th October 2015, 09:56 PM
Personally, RID Optimus (the 2001 one) is defs one of the best Optimus toys out there, along with Cybertron Optimus and even Generations Optimus (the legends toy)

BruiseLee
14th October 2015, 12:29 AM
That'll teach me to skim read. Sorry, Bruiselee!

As a fellow fan of The Galaxy Convoy fig, all is forgiven!

Bladestorm, this is the one we're geeking out on:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2laaqo6.jpg

The wings here on mine are somehow upside down as they should be pointing upwards. Actually kinda like it this way as it matches the DOTM jetwing OP perched just above which has the wings angled down as well.

BigTransformerTrev
14th October 2015, 10:02 AM
Is it possible for anyone to scan and post here or otherwise PM me the instructions to put CW Hot Spot and Groove into their combiner forms? I've misplaced all my instruction manuals - I can figure out the limbs but am having a bit of trouble with Groove and Hot Spot for the torso :o Many thanks :)

UltraMarginal
14th October 2015, 10:53 AM
I have the SDCC First Edition TFP Prime... is it worth getting another version of this mould as well or will he be enough? (There is a First Edition Prime inside clear plastic packaging at hobbybase at the moment so I'll have to give him a good look over next time I am in there). My TFP Prime is not on display at the moment as I simply don't have enough room for him and his matrix... yet. ;)

The SDCC is a Deluxe and the First Edition is a voyager. The transformation scheme has some similarities but the Voyager is a better toy in my opinion.

I recommend having a look at it, you won't be able to tell if it has brown side panels in package though as they end up on the inside of the chest and you just can't see them. I am not aware of any particular batch numbers to look out for.

Deonasis
14th October 2015, 12:04 PM
Energon Optimus (with the 4 drones and the hate) has an orange firetruck drone with a kind-of wrist hinge that the other 3 drones are missing. It has no purpose as far as i can tell. Anyone know what it was meant for and why the other 3 are missing it?

SuspectimusPrime
14th October 2015, 12:20 PM
Is it possible for anyone to scan and post here or otherwise PM me the instructions to put CW Hot Spot and Groove into their combiner forms? I've misplaced all my instruction manuals - I can figure out the limbs but am having a bit of trouble with Groove and Hot Spot for the torso :o Many thanks :)

Would these help?

Groove (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=instructions&itemID=3822&imageID=6030)
Hotspot (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=instructions&itemID=3814&imageID=6036)

BigTransformerTrev
14th October 2015, 03:15 PM
Would these help?

Groove (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=instructions&itemID=3822&imageID=6030)
Hotspot (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=instructions&itemID=3814&imageID=6036)

Good on ya mate! Cheers for that :)

Zommael
14th October 2015, 03:59 PM
Energon Optimus (with the 4 drones and the hate) has an orange firetruck drone with a kind-of wrist hinge that the other 3 drones are missing. It has no purpose as far as i can tell. Anyone know what it was meant for and why the other 3 are missing it?

I'm not 100% sure which part you're referring to, but if it is the part that attaches the front of the fire engine to the rest of the vehicle, I believe it is meant to allow weapons to be placed in the hand without that piece getting in the way. It's not totally necessary for Energon Optimus himself, but for other compatible toys such as the Energon Saber or even the Requiem Blaster it might be very useful. Alternately, it might just be a vestigial design feature.

Megatran
15th October 2015, 09:48 PM
Anyone know if Brave Maximus will get a reissue, just like Encore Fortress Maximus a few years back.

Ozgardian
16th October 2015, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know how to make the alarm go off on beast wars Heinrad, I set it and followed the STUPID japanese instructions but no go. Had a look at other sites & they were completely useless. One site even said the tanuki is a real animal unlike mythological animals like the unicorn, jackalope & the platypus:eek: LOL!

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2015, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know how to make the alarm go off on beast wars Heinrad, I set it and followed the STUPID japanese instructions but no go. Had a look at other sites & they were completely useless.
Why are the instructions stupid for being in Japanese? The toy was made by Takara for the Japanese market. Insert battery in compartment. Set time. Press down on head to toggle alarm on/off.

One site even said the tanuki is a real animal unlike mythological animals like the unicorn, jackalope & the platypus:eek: LOL!
That's because tanuki are real animals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_raccoon_dog). The tanuki's zoological name is nyctereutes pryonoides viverrinus. Although "tanuki" is sometimes translated as "raccoon dog," they are actually a basal member of the Canidae (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canidae) family, making them more closely related to dogs, wolves, foxes and coyotes. Heinlad's beast mode can be configured to resemble either a biologically accurate real-life tanuki by placing him on all fours, or the mythological version of the tanuki by standing him upright and placing the saké gourd and journal in his hands. Platypodes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus) are real animals too. Unicorns (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Battle_Unicorn) and jackalopes are fictitious.

Anyone know if Brave Maximus will get a reissue, just like Encore Fortress Maximus a few years back.
I'd say that it'd be unlikely considering that they haven't reissued any other Car Robot toy thus far. I'd love to get a Super Fire Convoy reissue, and I wouldn't mind picking up other CR characters to replace my RiD figures (e.g. Wild Ride over X-Brawn etc.).

Jaxius._
18th October 2015, 07:45 AM
is $250 for a mib (box has been opened and is damaged) God Ginrai (original) cheap?

Paulbot
18th October 2015, 10:47 AM
There's the original and there's a 2002 rerelease that was pretty common. I got the rerelease for about $200 ten years ago, so $250 is not too bad a price but you find a completely new one for the same price.

Sinnertwin
18th October 2015, 12:30 PM
is $250 for a mib (box has been opened and is damaged) God Ginrai (original) cheap?

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tfhrpwmstop.html

Buy a brand new reissue with God Bomber for half the price

Megatran
18th October 2015, 01:48 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/tfhrpwmstop.html

Buy a brand new reissue with God Bomber for half the price
Mine came packed inside box upside down. It's how it will remain.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th October 2015, 04:07 PM
Mine came packed inside box upside down. It's how it will remain.

Pics please. This sort of magic needs to be shared

SuspectimusPrime
19th October 2015, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know how to make the alarm go off on beast wars Heinrad, I set it and followed the STUPID japanese instructions but no go. Had a look at other sites & they were completely useless. One site even said the tanuki is a real animal unlike mythological animals like the unicorn, jackalope & the platypus:eek: LOL!

That's because tanuki are real animals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_raccoon_dog). The tanuki's zoological name is nyctereutes pryonoides viverrinus. Although "tanuki" is sometimes translated as "raccoon dog," they are actually a basal member of the Canidae (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canidae) family, making them more closely related to dogs, wolves, foxes and coyotes. Heinlad's beast mode can be configured to resemble either a biologically accurate real-life tanuki by placing him on all fours, or the mythological version of the tanuki by standing him upright and placing the saké gourd and journal in his hands. Platypodes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus) are real animals too. Unicorns (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Battle_Unicorn) and jackalopes are fictitious.

Sounds more like this classic Simpsons line (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701279/quotes?item=qt0421838)? :confused::p

Ozgardian
20th October 2015, 07:24 PM
Yeah I know tanuki are real racoon dogs, just pointing out the platypli error. What a cack:D. Will try the head toggle, thankyou kindly. Not being racist either, seen english instructions way worse in past transformers. ...should count my lucky stars I got instructions at all.:p But that's one of the greatest traits I found in the Transformers, it's a puzzle. I never touch the instructions until I think I've completed the transformation. Always have & always will, love the challenge!

Verno
23rd October 2015, 12:38 PM
Do Sharkticons and Allicons have Sparks?

In my own head-canon (otherwise known as the TF-TVC (http://tf-tvc.deviantart.com/)), the Sharkticons and Allicons were lobotomised versions of Transformers. When the Quints took over Cybertron in the distant past, they turned the non-transforming inhabitants into transforming machines of labor (Autobots) and machines of war (Decepticons). But they tried to go one step further and remove freewill from these sentient robots, and started creating Sharkticons and Allicons. When word of this got out, the Autobots and Decepticons rebelled and threw off the shackles of the Quintsson oppression and retook control of their planet. But as the Quints fled, they took with them countless numbers of Sharkticons and Allicons.

So in my canon, Sharkticons and Allicons do indeed have Sparks, as they were gifted life from Vector Sigma like all other Cybertronians.

But what are other peoples' thoughts on the issue. Are they just vicious robots that serve the Quintessons? Or long-lost brothers of the Transformers?

UltraMarginal
23rd October 2015, 03:07 PM

In my own head-canon (otherwise known as the TF-TVC (http://tf-tvc.deviantart.com/)), the Sharkticons and Allicons were lobotomised versions of Transformers. When the Quints took over Cybertron in the distant past, they turned the non-transforming inhabitants into transforming machines of labor (Autobots) and machines of war (Decepticons). But they tried to go one step further and remove freewill from these sentient robots, and started creating Sharkticons and Allicons. When word of this got out, the Autobots and Decepticons rebelled and threw off the shackles of the Quintsson oppression and retook control of their planet. But as the Quints fled, they took with them countless numbers of Sharkticons and Allicons.

So in my canon, Sharkticons and Allicons do indeed have Sparks, as they were gifted life from Vector Sigma like all other Cybertronians.

But what are other peoples' thoughts on the issue. Are they just vicious robots that serve the Quintessons? Or long-lost brothers of the Transformers?

I've always felt that Transformers are a unique entity in the galaxy, the one life form with the ability to transform. sharkticons, allicons, camians, whoever, all children of primus at some point.

GoktimusPrime
23rd October 2015, 07:38 PM
Sharkticons do appear to have some level of sapience, although it may not be as high as most other Transformers. If TFs' level of sapience can be equated to humans, then perhaps Sharkticons would be like higher order apes like chimps, gorillas or bonobos. Allicons on the other hand, while sentient, don't appear to be terribly sapient. Their level of sentience may be more like dogs or wolves.

But then again, it's possible that their level of sentience or sapience may simply be simulated and not actually real. Similar to the artificial intelligence shown in droids in the Star Wars universe. While these simulacra may appear to be sentient or even sapient, they may not actually be self aware. #HUM∀NS (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/humans/) ;)

Verno
23rd October 2015, 10:27 PM
So that's one 'yes' and one 'maybe' for them having Sparks. That's good enough for me.

UltimateGalvatron
24th October 2015, 10:55 AM
Allicons...?

Verno
24th October 2015, 11:05 AM
Allicons...?
Allicons. (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Allicon)

UltimateGalvatron
24th October 2015, 11:11 AM
Oh. I thought the Allicons were just a different type of Sharktocon :o

Learn something everday :D

griffin
24th October 2015, 06:12 PM
Oh. I thought the Allicons were just a different type of Sharktocon :o

Learn something everday :D

In one way, they are related, as they were two groups or clones that the Quintessons created to serve as their guards or army/cannon-fodder... but after the revolt of the Autobots & Decepticons many years earlier on Cybertron, the Quintessons had the sense to make sure that these ones were less intelligent.

I would also like to think that Hasbro/Takara had plans to create both as toys, but only ended up doing the Sharkticons.

SuspectimusPrime
24th October 2015, 11:48 PM
But then again, it's possible that their level of sentience or sapience may simply be simulated and not actually real. Similar to the artificial intelligence shown in droids in the Star Wars universe. While these simulacra may appear to be sentient or even sapient, they may not actually be self aware. #HUM∀NS (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/humans/) ;)

Pretty sure there's a Dreamwave issue where a Sharkticon was the pet of Wheelie. Not sure if this is included in IDW's continuity (been too long since I've read up on Wheelie's past and have caught up with issues in a while).

Edit: Wheelie & Gnaw (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sharkticon_(G1)).

Jaxius._
25th October 2015, 08:14 AM

I assume your the same guy who posted this on tfw

Verno
25th October 2015, 09:49 AM
I assume your the same guy who posted this on tfw
Sure am. Trying to generate some discussion.

Bidoofdude
25th October 2015, 10:40 PM
Is the Combiner Wars Devastator listed on Toys R' Us' site for $300 the Hasbro version? I remember someone said we may very well be getting UW Devy at Toys R' Us for the same price.

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2015, 12:47 AM
I believe it is the Hasbro version. So if the UW version does come out here as a TRU exclusive, expect it cost the same as a used car. ;) #getrekt

griffin
26th October 2015, 01:44 AM
Is the Combiner Wars Devastator listed on Toys R' Us' site for $300 the Hasbro version? I remember someone said we may very well be getting UW Devy at Toys R' Us for the same price.

The Japanese one doesn't get released in Japan until end of December, so if it comes here, it won't be until next year.

jazzcomp
31st October 2015, 03:34 PM
I didn't know that the piranacons was a BBTS exclusive?

griffin
31st October 2015, 03:52 PM
I didn't know that the piranacons was a BBTS exclusive?

BBTS got the original colour set, while the Collector Club got the redeco set.
Surprisingly, the BBTS set seemed to do worse, shelfwarming and being discounted years later. (maybe they just got greedy and asked for a lot more units than the Club did)

jazzcomp
31st October 2015, 03:58 PM
BBTS got the original colour set, while the Collector Club got the redeco set.
Surprisingly, the BBTS set seemed to do worse, shelfwarming and being discounted years later. (maybe they just got greedy and asked for a lot more units than the Club did)
I saw lots of them overseas in toy shops so I never thought they were exclusives. :confused:

Ozgardian
4th November 2015, 11:34 PM
Any bot know of a good source for the Beast Wars Neo (or hyper) japanese tv series on dvd?

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2015, 12:32 AM
What's Beast Wars Hyper? :confused: I have Beast Wars Neo on VHS, although I no longer possess a functional NTSC VHS player on which to view it with. And getting it converted to disc seems expensive. :/

speros
5th November 2015, 08:43 AM
was there a 3rd party trailer released for Optimus or Magnus for the FOC or WFC toy line? I found some photos of one but can't find it anywhere and I found on one website but apparently it was cancelled :(

all primes should have a trailer!!!

Ozgardian
5th November 2015, 09:14 AM
Hyper was a japanese movie set between Beast Wars & Neo. I've seen the Neo dvd box sets but none for sale that I can find.:(

kup
5th November 2015, 04:21 PM
What's Beast Wars Hyper? :confused: I have Beast Wars Neo on VHS, although I no longer possess a functional NTSC VHS player on which to view it with. And getting it converted to disc seems expensive. :/

You only need an NTSC VCR and a PC capture card/USB - Both should be relatively cheap but you can always borrow the VCR from someone as they were not uncommon on the last days of the format (most 'new' VCRs are both Pal and NTSC). Capture Card is no more than $30

Basically, you plug the capture card to your PC and then Plug in the VCR to it (AV). Then play the tape from the VCR while hitting record on the capture card software. It will record what is being played into an AVI or MPEG format, essentially digitising it for you to watch/Edit and do as you please.

Ozgardian
5th November 2015, 05:23 PM
With all the Japanese Beast Wars I've read all the manga but tragically have yet to see any of the anime, so I'm just going off what my friendly bot in Japan has told me. Cheers Goktimus for the Heinrad head toggle, did the job!:D Timer must be on 12 hours not 24 because I tried the head toggle & It didn't work the 1st time.

UltraMarginal
6th November 2015, 01:57 PM
You only need an NTSC VCR and a PC capture card/USB - Both should be relatively cheap but you can always borrow the VCR from someone as they were not uncommon on the last days of the format (most 'new' VCRs are both Pal and NTSC). Capture Card is no more than $30

Basically, you plug the capture card to your PC and then Plug in the VCR to it (AV). Then play the tape from the VCR while hitting record on the capture card software. It will record what is being played into an AVI or MPEG format, essentially digitising it for you to watch/Edit and do as you please.

Thanks for the tip, I've had a small stack of VHS sitting around for ages that I mean to get converted to DVD, this seems like a reasonable option. we still have a functioning VCR.

link here Gok to suppliers (http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=video+capture+card&spos=3)

Hotrod
13th November 2015, 12:15 PM
Can anyone tell me why we get blackjack but no huffer in Oz

Golden Phoenix
13th November 2015, 12:56 PM
Can anyone tell me why we get blackjack but no huffer in Oz

Pretty sure it is to do we skipped Legends Waves 2 and 3.

Huffer was in Wave 2, while Blackjack was in Waves 2 and 5.

We may have also skipped Wave 4, but I can't remember if I had seen Warpath or not.

Handsprime
13th November 2015, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure it is to do we skipped Legends Waves 2 and 3.

Huffer was in Wave 2, while Blackjack was in Waves 2 and 5.

We may have also skipped Wave 4, but I can't remember if I had seen Warpath or not.

Warpath has been released in Australia as I've seen him in a few places, but Viper hasn't been released for some odd reason.

Golden Phoenix
13th November 2015, 01:59 PM
Warpath has been released in Australia as I've seen him in a few places, but Viper hasn't been released for some odd reason.

Viper was Wave 3. Warpath was 3 and 4

griffin
13th November 2015, 02:08 PM
We had an unconfirmed sighting of wave 2 at the beginning of the year by a newbie, so I don't think we got wave 2.
We also didn't get wave 3, but since wave 4 and its revision arrived here, we got some previous toys that we missed (Blackjack, Warpath, Groove).

From the 2015 checklist...

Legends (US$10 - AU$20) (11 for Series 1) (no Targetmaster this year)
- - Wave 1 (JAN) OUT US DEC 2014 - HERE JAN
Bombshell - purple/black insect (Decep - new)
Powerglide - red jet (Auto - new) (with gun mode for Combiners)
Thundercracker - blue jet (Decep - redeco 2013 Starscream)
Windcharger - red/grey car (Auto - redeco 2014 Tailgate)
- - Wave 2 (JAN) OUT ASIA FEB - OUT US MAR - HERE MAR (unconfirmed sighting)
Blackjack - black/purple car (Decep - new) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners) - HERE SEPT W/ Wave 4 revision
Huffer - orange truck cab (Auto - redeco 2013 Optimus Prime)
- - Wave 3 (APR) OUT ASIA APR - OUT US - NOT RELEASED HERE
Groove - white motorcycle (Auto - new) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners) - HERE JULY W/ Wave 4
Viper - blue jet (Decep - redeco Powerglide w/ new head) (with gun mode for Combiners)
Warpath - maroon tank (Auto - redeco Megatron w/ new head) - HERE JULY W/ Wave 4
- - Wave 4 (JUL) OUT ASIA - OUT US - HERE JULY
Skywarp - black jet (Decep - redeco 2013 Starscream)
Rodimus - red/yellow car (Auto - redeco Blackjack) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners)

It's funny that when all the waves get released, there will be grumbles about older toys being repacked into the cases that then warm the shelves or could have been filled by the new toys that are hard to find... but when waves are skipped, it is a blessing that the older toys are repacked into the cases, like a second chance.

Golden Phoenix
13th November 2015, 03:41 PM
It's funny that when all the waves get released, there will be grumbles about older toys being repacked into the cases that then warm the shelves or could have been filled by the new toys that are hard to find... but when waves are skipped, it is a blessing that the older toys are repacked into the cases, like a second chance.

Kinda works as a safety net for places that don't get every wave.

At least it is starting to look like the retailers have listened to Hasbro in staggering the stock purchases, unlike a while back where they over-ordered wave 1 and 2 of everything.

Jaxius._
14th November 2015, 08:27 AM
Wait grove and viper were the same wave? Yet not a single viper has been sited

Facepunches
14th November 2015, 09:01 AM
So this is something that I'm hoping can be explained... Cause it feels a little not right with MP BB. In my mind's eye, when I think back to the G1 cartoon, the classics line BB head sculpt feels more accurate than the final sculpt on the MP. Is it just me? I mean the elements are there...but the MP head feels like its checked a few boxes...but ulimately missed the mark. Again, this feeling isnt based around checking agaisnt animation frames etc... Its more of a feeling. Any thoughts?

BigTransformerTrev
14th November 2015, 09:26 AM
So this is something that I'm hoping can be explained... Cause it feels a little not right with MP BB. In my mind's eye, when I think back to the G1 cartoon, the classics line BB head sculpt feels more accurate than the final sculpt on the MP. Is it just me? I mean the elements are there...but the MP head feels like its checked a few boxes...but ulimately missed the mark. Again, this feeling isnt based around checking agaisnt animation frames etc... Its more of a feeling. Any thoughts?

My son is watching G1 right now and it's reminding me how dated the animation is. Bumblebee had a fatter face in the cartoon which seems to be more reflected in the classics BB than the MP BB

Golden Phoenix
14th November 2015, 11:11 AM
Wait grove and viper were the same wave? Yet not a single viper has been sited

Groove was also in multiple waves, Viper was not.

Jaxius._
21st November 2015, 08:29 PM
Any coupons for Hasbro Toy Shop

griffin
21st November 2015, 10:39 PM
Any coupons for Hasbro Toy Shop

Check TFW. They have a Coupons topic and a Hasbro Toy Shop topic in the Toys section (I think).

We don't often keep track of their coupons/deals here because we can't order direct from the HTS... so very few people would be interested, or could use it.

Sol_Bad
23rd November 2015, 10:32 PM
Do you guys think that $135aud is a decent price for MP21 Bumblebee?
Has anyone seen it for a reasonably cheaper price?

UltimateGalvatron
23rd November 2015, 10:34 PM

No.
PC had him for $55 +Shipping sold out, and Collectors Drift has him for $75+Shipping

Sol_Bad
23rd November 2015, 10:47 PM
No.
PC had him for $55 +Shipping sold out, and Collectors Drift has him for $75+Shipping

Collector's Drift only has the newer red version which I unfortunately do not want, I want yellow Bumblebe. :)

DELTAprime
23rd November 2015, 11:00 PM
Collector's Drift only has the newer red version which I unfortunately do not want, I want yellow Bumblebe. :)

This isn't the right place to ask about MP21 as we are talking about MP21R in this thread. But BBTS still has MP21 for $75 USD. Shouldn't cost to much in shipping to add to a POL.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11728&mode=retail

BruiseLee
23rd November 2015, 11:04 PM

There are cheaper options on eBay. Have a browse but beware of KOs. They would usually have the text Takasa Tony on the box or in the description. Generally, anything you see with the $50-60 mark shipped is most likely a KO so stay away.

If you are after Gold Bumblebee there are a few for sale in the members sales section here.

Sol_Bad
23rd November 2015, 11:36 PM
There are cheaper options on eBay. Have a browse but beware of KOs. They would usually have the text Takasa Tony on the box or in the description. Generally, anything you see with the $50-60 mark shipped is most likely a KO so stay away.

If you are after Gold Bumblebee there are a few for sale in the members sales section here.

Thanks for the suggestions BruiseLee.
I'm just so scared of importing from China in fear of them being fake.
:(

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
24th November 2015, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the suggestions BruiseLee.
I'm just so scared of importing from China in fear of them being fake.
:(

I've bought MP figures from eBay sellers in Taiwan or Hong Kong before without any problems - much more reliable than from China.

So maybe scope out location first or see if they're listed in the eBay and dealer section.

UltimateGalvatron
24th November 2015, 07:50 AM

Then why did you post in the 21R thread...
either way no that is way too much. Even TRUs price when they had him was $100

Sol_Bad
24th November 2015, 09:37 AM
Then why did you post in the 21R thread...
either way no that is way too much. Even TRUs price when they had him was $100

I didn't want to start a new thread for such a simple question. Didn't think people would be so upset about it.

Why do people mention old prices that are no longer available?

Seraphim Prime
24th November 2015, 11:48 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread for such a simple question. Didn't think people would be so upset about it.

All good mate. We're all a community of fans sharing similar interests.

However, we try to keep individual threads on track, so the thread of the conversation isn't lost in different tangents. Griffin and the moderators on this forum tend to be a bit hands off, really only stepping in when conversation gets aggressive or hurtful, so everybody tries to help out newer members find the right avenues for different questions. (Sorta like showing a friend around a new town. :) )

FWIW, if you've got questions regarding price, you can use the Price Check thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6054&page=22) in the Questions & Discussion section.

Also, if you're going take the Ebay route for a yellow MP Bumblebee, you may be interested in the KO Alerts/Discussion (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=36) thread in the Repair Bay / ID section, and the Ebay listings / Retailer Feedback (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=38) in the Sales Thread section.

spiderken17
24th November 2015, 11:55 AM
Didn't a member have a whole heap for sale on the forum? Its pretty safe buying from other members.

DELTAprime
24th November 2015, 01:39 PM
If you have a question and you don't think something needs a new thread the Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=377) is the best goto if it's a normal question and the previously mentioned KO and Price Check threads are good for those topics.

drifand
24th November 2015, 03:53 PM

You are clearly in the wrong thread.

This thread us specifically talking about the red bee.
And no is not yellow bee is orange.

IMO you are overt paying as tru was selling at $100.00 and you may still find it.

Go and post a want to buy thread at the toy scout area and see if any members are selling the orange bee off.

Starscream77
24th November 2015, 06:59 PM
No wonder some people don't stay in Ozformers, some of the rudeness to a new member here is disgraceful.

Well done to those that offered helpful assistance instead of being a douche

Sol_Bad
24th November 2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the helpful links Seraphim Prime and Deltaprime, I'll certainly remember them for future reference. Looking in them now.
I am guilty of doing a quick Bumblebee search and posting in the most recent and relevant thread.

janda the red
24th November 2015, 07:33 PM
No wonder some people don't stay in Ozformers, some of the rudeness to a new member here is disgraceful.

My thoughts exactly....

Welcome aboard Sol Bad :)

DELTAprime
24th November 2015, 07:35 PM
Starscream77, I'm not being rude, just pointing out this is not the correct thread. If you don't tell someone they made a mistake they will never know.

GoktimusPrime
24th November 2015, 08:19 PM
Sol_Bad: Try calling Toys R Us (1300 869 778) to see if they can source any remaining stock of MP Bumblebee from any of their stores, then have it shipped to your nearest Toys R Us store for you.

Sol_Bad
24th November 2015, 08:44 PM
Sol_Bad: Try calling Toys R Us (1300 869 778) to see if they can source any remaining stock of MP Bumblebee from any of their stores, then have it shipped to your nearest Toys R Us store for you.

Well I tried contacting TRU via their website as Griffin suggested in the 20% off sales thread. I asked about Prowl and Wheeljack. I got a reply with a list of store inventorys but when it came to calling the stores I had no luck, like the staff were lazy.
I'll try calling the number you suggested, thank you.

drifand
24th November 2015, 09:04 PM
Starscream77, I'm not being rude, just pointing out this is not the correct thread. If you don't tell someone they made a mistake they will never know.

+1
I guess it wasn't worth it. We get regarded as rude when we are pointing out this isn't the right thread.

Let's talk about golden bee here then.
Heck just talk about any other tf other than the red bee.

DELTAprime
24th November 2015, 09:04 PM
Yeah I wasn't impressed with TRU store staff when I was looking for a Lego set that is exclusive to TRU. The TRU staff looked it up in the computer, they had it in stock, but were unable to find it for me. I should have tried on a weekday when the store wouldn't have been staffed by children. I'll have to give that number a try next time I'm looking for something at TRU that the staff can't find.

drifand
24th November 2015, 09:18 PM
Yeah I wasn't impressed with TRU store staff when I was looking for a Lego set that is exclusive to TRU. The TRU staff looked it up in the computer, they had it in stock, but were unable to find it for me. I should have tried on a weekday when the store wouldn't have been staffed by children. I'll have to give that number a try next time I'm looking for something at TRU that the staff can't find.

Just two months back bees were floating around WA stores.
Most stores are too lazy to even know how it look like.

griffin
24th November 2015, 09:51 PM

The people who were critical without any helpful suggestions were not senior members, so are not representative of this place and the standards that the Deluxe Members have maintained to earn that status.

If people are avoiding this place because they see the actions of our junior members and think they are an indication of our overall standards... standards that the bulk of the more active members maintain... then they aren't being fair to the vast membership here who do treat others, and the rules, with respect.

(posts moved to this regular questions topic)

Magnus
25th November 2015, 03:06 PM
Besides Optimus Prime, which Transformer would have the most conserved design across continuities/universes?

BruiseLee
25th November 2015, 03:53 PM
Besides Optimus Prime, which Transformer would have the most conserved design across continuities/universes?

Maybe ultra Magnus?

Edit: are we talking toy or character design?

Bladestorm
25th November 2015, 04:14 PM

That seems a bit high to me but it would depends where you are sourcing it from. He retails (when you can find him) for about AU$100 in stores here in HK but he's hard to find. I guess if that price includes shipping it isn't too bad.

Also be VERY careful as there are a few MP-21 (yellow) KO's floating around that are hard to spot differences from the original on.

griffin
25th November 2015, 04:19 PM

If you mean, the one that has been the most similar across the 30 years... I'd say Bumblebee for always being yellow, or having yellow on it somewhere (even on the black redecos).

UltimateGalvatron
25th November 2015, 04:21 PM

I wasn't angry or upset... just confused. :confused:
The reason I mentioned old prices was because
a) A few stores still have him and
b) I was showing you a price that was better then the one you suggested. (and that is TRU price :eek:) The price you suggested may have been a scalper, or coming from another country where he wasn't released.

Magnus
25th November 2015, 05:27 PM
Edit: are we talking toy or character design?

I was thinking character, but there can be two answers if toy and character each give a different answer.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th November 2015, 09:36 PM
Besides Optimus Prime, which Transformer would have the most conserved design across continuities/universes?From G1, I'd suggest Metroplex.
Outside of G1, probably Waspinator.
Ravage rates an honourable mention too, as does Omega Supreme.

UltimateGalvatron
25th November 2015, 09:40 PM

Perceptor generally looks the same. So does Blaster.

GoktimusPrime
25th November 2015, 10:05 PM
Time Warrior's never changed. Other than between time zones or EST and DST. :p

Verno
26th November 2015, 12:20 PM
Can Sharkticons fly?

DELTAprime
26th November 2015, 12:39 PM
Can Sharkticons fly?

I know they never fly in the '86 movie.