PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

griffin
26th November 2015, 04:41 PM
Can Sharkticons fly?

If they could, they probably wouldn't have been piling on each other to get to the Judges when Grimlock demanded it of them (in the movie).
Then again... they are incredibly stupid, so probably could fly but just don't know it.

Sinnertwin
26th November 2015, 05:38 PM
Can Sharkticons fly?

if you throw them hard enough

Paulbot
26th November 2015, 05:44 PM
There were Sharkticons floating down to Junk in the comic book adaptation of the cartoon episode "The Big Broadcast of 2006". Not sure if that counts as "flying" though.

Handsprime
26th November 2015, 05:52 PM
Can Sky-Byte Fly?

Paulbot
26th November 2015, 06:16 PM
Can Sky-Byte Fly?

Absolutely. In shark mode he flies through the sky

Jaxius._
26th November 2015, 07:49 PM
Is the turret of g1 blitzwing supposed to come off?

DELTAprime
26th November 2015, 07:57 PM
What are the chances G1 cartoon Skyfire infringes on Macross copyrights? I'd love to see a cartoon accurate MP Skyfire but I'm unsure if that's even a legal possibility.

Handsprime
26th November 2015, 08:06 PM
What are the chances G1 cartoon Skyfire infringes on Macross copyrights? I'd love to see a cartoon accurate MP Skyfire but I'm unsure if that's even a legal possibility.

Actually its the other way around. Skyfire was created because the toy (Jetfire) would infringe Macross copyrights.
So a Cartoon accurate MP Skyfire is always possible my friend :)

Magnus
26th November 2015, 08:31 PM
Maybe ultra Magnus?

Edit: are we talking toy or character design?

If you mean, the one that has been the most similar across the 30 years... I'd say Bumblebee for always being yellow, or having yellow on it somewhere (even on the black redecos).

From G1, I'd suggest Metroplex.
Outside of G1, probably Waspinator.
Ravage rates an honourable mention too, as does Omega Supreme.

Perceptor generally looks the same. So does Blaster.

Time Warrior's never changed. Other than between time zones or EST and DST. :p

I came up with the question after looking at pictures of Shockwave, since he's almost always a horned cyclops without much of a face, but I was wondering if I missed someone else.

griffin
26th November 2015, 10:32 PM

Yes, but it can be very tricky, as you have a "hotdog" shaped plastic tab that the turret slots onto and locks onto it by turning it around to face the front. It's hard to explain, but once you get it off, it makes sense.
http://www.transformerland.com/image/inventory/hires/140716/IMG_0806.JPG

If you are trying to get it off, turn the tank turret 90 degrees so that it's barrel is facing to one side instead of the front, and wiggle it around a little to see if it pops off. If that doesn't work, keep rotating the turret clockwise or anti-clockwise with constant careful wiggling, as the plastic tab may have moved off its 90 degree setting (it is just screwed in, and the screw can move if someone was rough with the tank turret... like with my first Blitzwing as a kid).

UltraMarginal
27th November 2015, 01:59 PM
Do you guys think that $135aud is a decent price for MP21 Bumblebee?
Has anyone seen it for a reasonably cheaper price?

I think that's a lot. but I pre-ordered min online months before it was released.

I didn't want to start a new thread for such a simple question. Didn't think people would be so upset about it.

Why do people mention old prices that are no longer available?

Not to worry, every one is new at some point mate,
I personally would mention that I got mine for about $45 +shipping to give perspective on what it's RRP was. so if you pay $130 or more your understanding that what your paying is the aftermarket price at the moment, if it's actually that high.
(the $45 was with a pre-order discount though so I think the RRP worked out to be about 55-60. )
I think etailers here were stocking it for about $80.

Robot Kingdom (http://www.robotkingdom.com/transformers/masterpiece/tftrmp21.html) and Anime-Export (http://www.anime-export.com/product/26970) both seem to have at least one in stock with exchange rate and shipping will come to approximately $120 to $130 AU anyway but they are legit sources and both have the amazon exclusive (an extra faceplate) and the collector coin, which is nice.

Besides Optimus Prime, which Transformer would have the most conserved design across continuities/universes?

Hound? don't know about any beast wars representation or 2000 era stuff.
Jazz?

Yes, but it can be very tricky, as you have a "hotdog" shaped plastic tab that the turret slots onto and locks onto it by turning it around to face the front. It's hard to explain, but once you get it off, it makes sense.
http://www.transformerland.com/image/inventory/hires/140716/IMG_0806.JPG

If you are trying to get it off, turn the tank turret 90 degrees so that it's barrel is facing to one side instead of the front, and wiggle it around a little to see if it pops off. If that doesn't work, keep rotating the turret clockwise or anti-clockwise with constant careful wiggling, as the plastic tab may have moved off its 90 degree setting (it is just screwed in, and the screw can move if someone was rough with the tank turret... like with my first Blitzwing as a kid).

what he said:)

Megatran
12th December 2015, 09:06 PM
How many HasTakTomy combiner gestalts have been released or confirmed for release from the recent CW / UW lines? Not including double ups if both Hasbro & TakTomy released the 'same' combiner gestalt. And excluding SDCC versions. Thanks.

Sinnertwin
12th December 2015, 10:53 PM
How many HasTakTomy combiner gestalts have been released or confirmed for release from the recent CW / UW lines? Not including double ups if both Hasbro & TakTomy released the 'same' combiner gestalt. And excluding SDCC versions. Thanks.

10?

Superion [Has/Tak/G2]
Menasor [Has/Tak/G2]
Defensor [Has/Tak]
Devastator [Has/Tak/SDCC]
Bruticus [Has/Tak/G2]
Grand Galvatron [Tak]
Optimus Maximus [Has/Tak]
Victorion [Has]
Sky Reign [Has]
BotCon Tripredacus [Has]

Have I missed any?

griffin
12th December 2015, 10:58 PM

Ultra Prime/Grand Prime
Superion
Menasor
Galvatronus/Grand Galvatron
Defensor/Guardian
Optimus Maximus
(Grand Scourge)
Bruticus
Betatron
Skyreign
Gen2 Mensaor
Gen2 Superion
Gen2 Bruticus
Victorion
Mayhem Maximus
Predacus
(Gen2 Defensor - possible)
(Devastator, if you are counting all CW/UW combiners)

And for a fairly complete list that I did up for another site, to show the overkill of Combiners in just 18 months...

Voyager cores out so far (11)
Hasbro Optimus
Hasbro Silverbolt
Hasbro Motormaster
Hasbro Cyclonus
Hasbro Hotspot
Hasbro Battle Core Optimus
Hasbro Onslaught
TT Silverbolt
TT Motormaster
TT Grand Scourge
TT Hotspot (Guardian)

Deluxe limbs out so far (34)
Hasbro Airraid, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, Firefly
Hasbro Dragstrip, Deadend, Offroad, Breakdown
Hasbro Rook, Streetwise, Blades, Firstaid
Hasbro Mirage, Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker
Hasbro JP Quickslinger, Breakneck
Hasbro Brawl, Blast Off, Vortex, Swindle
TT Airraid, Skydive, Slingshot, Fireflight
TT Dragstrip, Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown
TT Groove, Streetwise, Firstaid, Blades

Voyager cores to come (11-15)
Hasbro Scattershot
Hasbro Skylynx
Hasbro Gen2 Motormaster
Hasbro Gen2 Silverbolt
Hasbro Gen2 Onslaught
Hasbro Pyra Magna (Victorion)
TT Convoy (Grand Prime)
TT Onslaught (already teased)
TT Tactician Cyclonus (Grand Galvatron)
CC Bludgeon (Mayhem Maximus)
BC Seaclamp (Predacus)
(TT Skylynx - very likely)
(TT Scattershot - possible)
(BC another Voyager sold at-show - likely)
(Hasbro Gen2 Hotspot - possible)

Deluxe limbs to come (41-63)
Hasbro Hound, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack
Hasbro Gen2 Dragstrip, Dead End, Breakdown, Break-Neck
Hasbro Gen2 Air Raid, Skydive, Quickslinger, Firefly
Hasbro Gen2 Brawl, Blastoff, Vortex, Swindle
Hasbro (Victorion) Stormclash, Skyburst, Jumpstream, Dustup
TT Mirage, Sustreaker, Prowl, Ironhide
TT Blastoff, Brawl, Vortex, Swindle (already teased)
TT Ghost Starscream, Curse Armada Thrust, Zombie War Breakdown, Wandering Roller
CC Windsweeper, Ruckus, Needlenose, Spinister, Impactor
BC Ravage, Ramhorn, Tarantulas, Cicadacon
(TT Hound, Smokescreen, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack - very likely)
(TT 4 Technobots - possible)
(BC 2-4 more Deluxes sold at the show - likely)
(Hasbro JP Groove & Blastoff (if new mold) - possible)
(Hasbro 4 Gen2 Protectobots - possible)

Verno
13th December 2015, 12:11 AM
Dear Gok and other Japanese speaking members,

Any chance of a bit of a translation from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfXF0d8vpE) from the 6:11:00 mark?

Masterpiece Optimus Primal!

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2015, 10:00 AM
She's basically saying that MP Beast Convoy is aiming to be a more show-accurate. She explains about how the TV series was CG animated and how the MP toy will be based on the CG model's textures, thus creating a more realistic looking beast mode.

Verno
13th December 2015, 10:34 AM
She's basically saying that MP Beast Convoy is aiming to be a more show-accurate. She explains about how the TV series was CG animated and how the MP toy will be based on the CG model's textures, thus creating a more realistic looking beast mode.
Cheers, Gok. Muchly appreciated :)

MayzaPrime
13th December 2015, 11:11 AM
Cheers, Gok. Muchly appreciated :)

You must be happy that Beast Wars is getting some MP love. :p

Verno
13th December 2015, 11:38 AM
You must be happy that Beast Wars is getting some MP love. :p
I most assuredly am :D

DELTAprime
14th December 2015, 08:04 PM
With all the goldish and clear plastic on it, what's the build quality like on the YOTG MP Soundwave? Might get one this week since it's $99.

DELTAprime
14th December 2015, 10:29 PM
Another question. I just had a thought. Which appeared first? The first appearance of Elita One and her crew in the G1 cartoons (US airdate), or the first time Red Tracks appeared on box art on the shelves (probably in the US also)?

Since I'm taking the retconing of Red Tracks into Road Rage as cannon does that make Road Rage the first female Transformer?

Paulbot
14th December 2015, 10:51 PM
Another question. I just had a thought. Which appeared first? The first appearance of Elita One and her crew in the G1 cartoons (US airdate), or the first time Red Tracks appeared on box art on the shelves (probably in the US also)?

Since I'm taking the retconing of Red Tracks into Road Rage as cannon does that make Road Rage the first female Transformer?

TFwiki has the female Autobot's first appearance episode (Search for Alpha Trion) as premiering November 12, 1985. 1985 line toys with that back of box art would have been on sale well before that (Some 1986 line toys like the Stunticons were coming into stores around Christmas 1985) so Road Rage came first, kinda.

Jetfire in the sky
20th December 2015, 08:36 PM
With all the goldish and clear plastic on it, what's the build quality like on the YOTG MP Soundwave? Might get one this week since it's $99.

It's very good, I expected it to feel light and flimsy but it is solid. A real surprise when I pulled him out of the box, and at $99 an absolute steal.

DELTAprime
22nd December 2015, 06:20 PM
Just got my YOTG Soundwave... I have no idea which one is Laserbeak and which one is Buzzsaw, any official images to say which is which?

Megatran
22nd December 2015, 06:56 PM
Just got my YOTG Soundwave... I have no idea which one is Laserbeak and which one is Buzzsaw, any official images to say which is which?
What does the instruction sheet say? If I had to guess, I'd say the orangey-yellow is Buzzsaw. And the paler yellow is Lazerbeak. :rolleyes::confused:

... Linkin Park Soundwave box set. Try & figure which one Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw.

Jaxius._
22nd December 2015, 07:48 PM
What does the instruction sheet say? If I had to guess, I'd say the orangey-yellow is Buzzsaw. And the paler yellow is Lazerbeak. :rolleyes::confused:

... Linkin Park Soundwave box set. Try & figure which one Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw.

Garboil and sundor :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2015, 12:14 AM
Wait, so did Hasbro actually misspell Laserbeak as "Lazerbeak" in the YOTG set? :eek:

Cos TakaraTOMY frequently misspells laser as "lazer" in their MP instructions, which I keep on having to correct as "laser" for Hasbro AP's English adaptations. Then again, I guess that these toys aren't really being aimed at the Anglophone market, and the English words are just there for decoration. :o

Jaxius._
23rd December 2015, 08:28 AM
Lazorback :eek:

DELTAprime
23rd December 2015, 08:58 AM
The instructions just have a single entry for both Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, and the spelling is correct, Laserbeak not Lazerbeak. There is nothing on the box or in the instructions which officially says which is which.

There also is nothing that says which is Rumble and which is Frenzy, but they at least have their traditional colours on their arms so you can go with your choice of RIRFIB or FIRRIB.

Jaxius._
23rd December 2015, 09:38 AM
Apparently funpub is closing down? before I make a thread I'll post it here. I was saving to go to botcon in 2018 but alas that won't be happening :(

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1057636-fun-publications-ending-tfcc.html

Paulbot
23rd December 2015, 11:21 AM
Apparently funpub is closing down? before I make a thread I'll post it here. I was saving to go to botcon in 2018 but alas that won't be happening :(

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1057636-fun-publications-ending-tfcc.html

Keep saving. There will be a Transformer fan convention in 2018. The BotCon name existed before Fubpub took over and can live on afterwards. And some of the current competitor conventions could be a better event anyway. (And probably cheaper!)

BigTransformerTrev
2nd January 2016, 10:35 AM
Anyone know where I could find pics of the CW Combaticon limb instructions online? Can't find them anywhere and I'm itching to put together Bruticus now that Onslaught has shown up :D

Sinnertwin
2nd January 2016, 10:52 AM
Anyone know where I could find pics of the CW Combaticon limb instructions online? Can't find them anywhere and I'm itching to put together Bruticus now that Onslaught has shown up :D

Try a google search like
Unicron.com Combiner Wars Blast Off Instructions

Theyre my go to website for instructions online

:)

BigTransformerTrev
2nd January 2016, 11:03 AM
Try a google search like
Unicron.com Combiner Wars Blast Off Instructions

Theyre my go to website for instructions online

:)

Cool - I'll give it a go - thanks mate :)

I've been able to figure them all out on my own bar Brawl so far due to all the molds being similar to other CW groups. I'm gonna tackle Brawl next and hope for the best :)

Krayt
2nd January 2016, 12:38 PM
Cool - I'll give it a go - thanks mate :)

I've been able to figure them all out on my own bar Brawl so far due to all the molds being similar to other CW groups. I'm gonna tackle Brawl next and hope for the best :)

Dude.... Tank mode, flip bottom/back, flip out connector, adjust turret as desired....

Jaxius._
4th January 2016, 08:02 PM
Finally got to jaycar to buy some rare earth magnets but they were to big, I need them about 2-3 mil in diameter. Any ideas

philby
4th January 2016, 08:53 PM
Finally got to jaycar to buy some rare earth magnets but they were to big, I need them about 2-3 mil in diameter. Any ideas

do you know anyone who plays warhammer 40k? or check some forums for that or wargaming? people use them to be able swap the weapon arms of soldiers and vehicles etc. there might be some recommendations there.

BruiseLee
4th January 2016, 09:56 PM

Going by their name, think these guys in Burwood have what you need :)

https://magnet.com.au/

Jaxius._
6th January 2016, 05:26 PM
Where would I find really small rare earth magnets (3mmX1mm)

Edit: Nvm the original post was kept

CyberiusPrime
8th January 2016, 01:12 PM
I've been a bit out of the loop with the sales on in shops.

Is anyone having a sale either discount or buy one get one free on any combiner wars figures? I know the combaticon limbs are available and want to look into obtaining them, but do not want to pay full price if i can avoid it.

Cheers

I'm in Vic btw

Paulbot
8th January 2016, 07:11 PM
Best offer: 20% off toys at Myer tomorrow
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22193

Target, Myer and Kmart have all had the Combaticon CW wave. Kmart's shelf price is $25 and they are $30 at the other two. Myer sale makes them $1 cheaper there - so not a great deal.

prjkt
11th January 2016, 09:19 PM
so I'm teetering on joining the Masterpiece Collectors...

I currently have one, G2 Bumblebee, and am really impressed by the little guy, however, based on the reviews, it seems I may be disappointed by any of the other Masterpiece Cars - am I correct in this assumption, or are people out there a little too critical?

GoktimusPrime
12th January 2016, 01:08 AM
Why not meet up with another collector who has more MPs and try before you buy?

Seraphim Prime
12th January 2016, 09:42 AM

I currently have one, G2 Bumblebee, and am really impressed by the little guy, however, based on the reviews, it seems I may be disappointed by any of the other Masterpiece Cars - am I correct in this assumption, or are people out there a little too critical?

I think we've become a bit too critical (in general) over the last few years. Some argue that it's simply being discerning, but when you get figures with near perfect cartoon likeness and accurate, licensed car modes, and you pull it apart because of engineering decisions, I think it's just being picky. But that's been discussed elsewhere on these boards.

Bumblebee is generally regarded as one of the high points of the Hasui designed MPs. However I have personally found that I have played with Prime, Magnus, Prowl and Sideswipe a lot more.

I personally think Sideswipe and Magnus are superb and well worth your time and energy.

Deonasis
12th January 2016, 11:44 AM

If they were all crap they would not sellout and be re-issued. People are pointing out minor flaws. Nothing snaps and everything (sometimes miraculously) fits. Alot of people also want more for less. :rolleyes:

prjkt
12th January 2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I do have the reissue Wheeljack on order, and trying to work out if I've got the budget for Tracks atm

The Lambo and Nissan mould guys might need to wait a little while.

If they were all crap they would not sellout and be re-issued. People are pointing out minor flaws. Nothing snaps and everything (sometimes miraculously) fits. Alot of people also want more for less. :rolleyes:

That's what I was hoping for. I guess I should remember proper "forum mentality" - 5% of people make 95% of the noise over something 95% of the time doesn't matter.

I guess it applies to this hobby as well as audio and photographic equipment.

UltraMarginal
12th January 2016, 02:36 PM
I think also when someone is reviewing or giving an opinion on a toy they feel they need to point out a negative as much as they point out positives so they look like they aren't just fanboying the toy. so you end up with negative points that are potentially very nitpicky for the sake of a 'level-headed' opinion.

Like everything, they all have something that maybe could have been done better if there was more budget or time but I personally have been very impressed with them all. I do prefer some things over others and I've skipped Starsaber but the rest I am very content with. I just wish I had a little more space to spread them out on display. I think you'll enjoy wheeljack, my exhaust doesn't fit together quite as well. but still good.

SuspectimusPrime
12th January 2016, 07:14 PM
Like everything, they all have something that maybe could have been done better if there was more budget or time but I personally have been very impressed with them all. I do prefer some things over others and I've skipped Starsaber but the rest I am very content with. I just wish I had a little more space to spread them out on display. I think you'll enjoy wheeljack, my exhaust doesn't fit together quite as well. but still good.

Which part of Exhaust doesn't fit quite well?

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th January 2016, 08:52 PM

I currently have one, G2 Bumblebee, and am really impressed by the little guy, however, based on the reviews, it seems I may be disappointed by any of the other Masterpiece Cars - am I correct in this assumption, or are people out there a little too critical?I've heard good things about Magnus and Wheeljack, though I don't have either myself, and I haven't opened my Exhaust yet. Grimlock is another apparently-great-but-I-don't-have-him MP. Soundwave and his cassettes are well worth having, though he may be hard to find these days. Prowl and Sideswipe/Lambor are both more than adequate, as (presumably) their remolds/recolors would be. MP10 Optimus V.2 is hard for me to accurately judge, since mine has a lot of sentimental value and I never had the original MP Optimus mold, but it is a nice piece and looks great. Less gimmicks than the older version, but aside from the slightly dinky gun he's pretty much the Optimus Prime toy IMO. Tracks and Road Rage...not really worth the cost IMO. Don't have MP Starscream yet. Star Saber is adequate, but also kind of basic - he's a nice piece, but his alt-modes are so-so and a lot of his value/attraction comes from his sheer presence and size. His robot modes (especially the combined form) are by far the standouts.

Basically, I'd recommend Bumblebee and Soundwave without hesitation, and for the rest maybe watch some reviews or mess around with someone else's first.

Also, Movie Leader Starscream/Takara MPM Starscream is nothing short of amazing. And I'm very much not a Bayformers fan.

Starscream77
12th January 2016, 10:05 PM
That's what I was hoping for. I guess I should remember proper "forum mentality" - 5% of people make 95% of the noise over something 95% of the time doesn't matter.

Perfectly said

Bladestorm
13th January 2016, 01:46 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about the Masterpieces I have (or have experienced).

Optimus is fabulous. Grimlock is fun.
My 8 YO son got Ultra Magnus for Christmas and LOVES him. He now wants a MP car (or 4!) for his birthday to fill UM's trailer with (at the moment he is using CW cars). UM is really nicely detailed and surprisingly my son had no problems transforming him whatsoever.

I think Gok's idea of meeting with someone who has some of the MP's you are interested in so you can check the real thing out is a really good idea. Not all MP's are created equally and at the end of the day I think rather than focussing on bad reviews, unless the vehicle you want has a critical flaw, you shouldn't write it off without seeing the real thing first.

GoktimusPrime
13th January 2016, 10:21 AM
Also, we all have different tastes. What I might think is awesome or bad might not hold true for someone else. So IMO if you're really unsure about a toy, I think it's best to try before you buy and just decide for yourself. :)

UltraMarginal
13th January 2016, 11:11 AM
Which part of Exhaust doesn't fit quite well?

the vehicle mode feels like the robot is just a bit big to fit inside. the windscreen pops out as it has to stretch slightly to fit, the sides of the vehicle are the same. I am yet to get it to sit nicely in vehicle mode without applying significant force to get it there. which I hate doing. it is not a KO either.

Wheeljack seems to fit together much nicer.

prjkt
13th January 2016, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, big help.

Had a $50 ToysRUs voucher given to me to help get stuff for the nursery, but that was all supplied second hand by friends/family and we didn't need anything else from there, and there was one MP Lambor left at the Moorabbin store on sale from $150 down to $105

I'll post pics in the acquisitions thread later

Sinnertwin
13th January 2016, 07:16 PM
Sideswipe's a wonderful figure :)

Handsprime
13th January 2016, 10:30 PM
My mum is going to hong Kong in a few weeks and she gave me a budget of $100. What good transformers could I get there that you can't normally find here or are cheaper there? Is quickslinger also available there?

prjkt
13th January 2016, 11:38 PM
check out what's listed on Robotkingdom maybe?

I mean there's the current MP range that's probably still in shops, Red Bumblebee, Tracks and Roadrage.

Some Takara TAV stuff maybe? Or any CW figures you're missing?

Paulbot
13th January 2016, 11:46 PM
My mum is going to hong Kong in a few weeks and she gave me a budget of $100. What good transformers could I get there that you can't normally find here or are cheaper there? Is quickslinger also available there?

I mean there's the current MP range that's probably still in shops, Red Bumblebee, Tracks and Roadrage.

Would also consider looking at what's in mainstream shops, like the TRU HK website as a start and other department stores. There's lots of toy sellers but your mum might not want to venture into the small market-style arcades for the rarer bits and pieces. (I found it fun and amazing how much collectible a stuff there is in those places but they are geek havens)

UltraMarginal
14th January 2016, 09:20 AM

Would also consider looking at what's in mainstream shops, like the TRU HK website as a start and other department stores. There's lots of toy sellers but your mum might not want to venture into the small market-style arcades for the rarer bits and pieces. (I found it fun and amazing how much collectible a stuff there is in those places but they are geek havens)

I think you've got all the advice you need there mate. :)

Handsprime
14th January 2016, 09:43 AM
That's some pretty good advice. Other than Toys R Us the only other toy store I can mention is wonderland. I'll see if I can see that they have in stock there :)

prjkt
14th January 2016, 09:49 AM
If you can't, just give her a list in priority order, that way there's an element of surprise while you wait for her to get back

Bladestorm
15th January 2016, 01:25 PM
Where is she staying (which neighbourhood) and how much "effort" does she want to put in for you?

Quickslinger MAY be found in some of the specialty stores in Yai Ma Tei (or obtusively expensive at one store in Wan Chai Toy Street) but he isn't a common figure to find.

If she is going to Toys R Us, tell her to visit the one at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui (It's a touristy area so she will probably end up there anyways unless she's a former local).

If you want some real cheapies and she is adventurous in terms of getting around, Wonderland (North Point or Whampoa) have a few figures still reduced to clear - YoTG Optimus, Generations Jetfire, Brainstorm, AoE Optimus + Trailer with Red Sideswipe come to mind... they also have a Chinese New Year 15 % off sale this week. They have MP Tracks for around HK$350, Road Rage about the same and slightly cheaper for red Bumblebee.
(I live right next to the North Point one so I visit it regularly. ;))

But it really depends what you want and where your mum is willing to travel and explore for you. If you can narrow it down to exactly what you are after and she doesn't mind hitting the toy malls I can probably suggest a couple of stores in Sino or In's Point but if she is a first time visitor to HK it might be a bit of a culture shock entering those places.

Handsprime
15th January 2016, 03:16 PM
Where is she staying (which neighbourhood) and how much "effort" does she want to put in for you?

Quickslinger MAY be found in some of the specialty stores in Yai Ma Tei (or obtusively expensive at one store in Wan Chai Toy Street) but he isn't a common figure to find.

If she is going to Toys R Us, tell her to visit the one at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui (It's a touristy area so she will probably end up there anyways unless she's a former local).

If you want some real cheapies and she is adventurous in terms of getting around, Wonderland (North Point or Whampoa) have a few figures still reduced to clear - YoTG Optimus, Generations Jetfire, Brainstorm, AoE Optimus + Trailer with Red Sideswipe come to mind... they also have a Chinese New Year 15 % off sale this week. They have MP Tracks for around HK$350, Road Rage about the same and slightly cheaper for red Bumblebee.
(I live right next to the North Point one so I visit it regularly. ;))

But it really depends what you want and where your mum is willing to travel and explore for you. If you can narrow it down to exactly what you are after and she doesn't mind hitting the toy malls I can probably suggest a couple of stores in Sino or In's Point but if she is a first time visitor to HK it might be a bit of a culture shock entering those places.

Thanks. I've been to the toys r us in harbour city and the wonderland toy store in Whampoa. Thanks for telling me the other stores that can help! :D

Jaxius._
15th January 2016, 03:55 PM
What do you do with missiles??

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2016, 04:31 PM
You've amassed 1932 Transformers and you're only asking about accessory storage now? :eek: :o

I first started storing accessories when my collection hit the 50 mark. I initially used my cardboard STARS bases. Once I hit past 100 I augmented it with makeshift containers like used lolly tins etc. But once I hit around the 500-600 mark I started using a toolbox. After hitting around 900-1000 I changed to this roller toolbox (http://www.eproducts.co.nz/files/images/content/HL-3042.jpg) which is what I still use now. :cool:

Sinnertwin
15th January 2016, 04:40 PM

Fire them.

Jetfire in the sky
15th January 2016, 04:43 PM

Lunch ziplock baggies with name or group or multiples of them written on the outside. If your figures still have their boxes (like me) store them in there :D

Or yeah, get anal like Gok :p;)

Jaxius._
15th January 2016, 05:14 PM
You've amassed 1932 Transformers and you're only asking about accessory storage now? :eek: :o

I first started storing accessories when my collection hit the 50 mark. I initially used my cardboard STARS bases. Once I hit past 100 I augmented it with makeshift containers like used lolly tins etc. But once I hit around the 500-600 mark I started using a toolbox. After hitting around 900-1000 I changed to this roller toolbox (http://www.eproducts.co.nz/files/images/content/HL-3042.jpg) which is what I still use now. :cool:

Well most of them have lost their missles or I store them with the figure

DELTAprime
15th January 2016, 07:34 PM

Gok, I think you are the only one that goes to the extent that you do for storage.:p

I've not lost a single accessory in my adult collection. I prefer to keep my accessories on the figure, it completes the look of the figure normally. If it's a product I have the box for, eg: Takara Tomy Masterpiece's, I just keep the unused accessories in the bubble in the box. If I don't have the box or have flattened the box I keep unused accessories in sandwich bags in the cupboard of my computer desk.

prjkt
16th January 2016, 06:36 PM
The only thing I think I've lost so far is the missile for RTS Lugnut...

Which is a surprise considering the scope of my collection.

While moving stuff from what's now a nursery to its new location I did misplace one of Defensor's feet (Alpha Bravo kindly offered his temporarily) and Strongsrm's rifle, but found them eventually...

Every bot has his/her own weapons and accessories, even the combiners some how have all the weapons from their members attached. Exceptions are my two MPs, who's extras are in the box, and those with 3P weapons, like seven of my Seekers and TG Gold Bumblebee. Their weapons are in the iGear Weapons crate that came with sniper rifle and twin pistols for Perceptor, and twin blasters for Kup. I figured it was a suitable spot, and looks cool on display.

Ultra Mackness
20th January 2016, 06:14 PM
So I was looking through Transformers Legacy G1 artwork yesterday and noticed that there was no picture of the G1 Jetfire robot mode. Initially I thought it was some trademark issue with Harmony Gold or something, but Jetfire in jet mode is present in the box art for 1985, probably looking more macross than the robot mode. Does any one know why Jetfire was excluded?

UltraMarginal
21st January 2016, 01:23 PM
So I was looking through Transformers Legacy G1 artwork yesterday and noticed that there was no picture of the G1 Jetfire robot mode. Initially I thought it was some trademark issue with Harmony Gold or something, but Jetfire in jet mode is present in the box art for 1985, probably looking more macross than the robot mode. Does any one know why Jetfire was excluded?

It might be a harmony gold thing, since the artwork you're referring to I think is not just of Jetfire but an entire scene.

I do know that when they were putting the book together they said if they couldn't get a high enough quality image of the artwork they wouldn't include it, perhaps Jetfire is one of the few they weren't able to get any usable artwork for.

TAAUBlaster
21st January 2016, 03:00 PM
That reminds me, I still need to track down a copy of the Legacy book. :o

Speaking of G1 books, has there ever been a book release of all the G1 tech specs?

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2016, 05:19 PM
Speaking of G1 books, has there ever been a book release of all the G1 tech specs?
None that I'm aware of. I find that Botch's site (http://botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/) has a pretty good archive of Hasbro G1 tech specs, and Sigma's Lab (http://tflab.net/) is good for Takara G1 tech specs (Japanese only).

Ultra Mackness
21st January 2016, 05:27 PM
There were these released a few years back, not sure where you'd get them now though - not even certain they were official :confused:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ATL10000&mode=retail&picture=aux2

Paulbot
21st January 2016, 05:48 PM
The Transformers: Identification and Price Guide (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Identification-Price-Mark-Bellomo/dp/0896894452) (which I don't actually like) does have all the US G1 tech specs (text and numbers) all in a single book, retyped though, not scans/original format.

The Cybertronian guide book series did the same but that's across multiple out of print books.

TAAUBlaster
21st January 2016, 06:36 PM
Cool, thanks for the info guys :)

I saw those repro sets a while ago, but I never got around to getting them.

Shame a tech spec book hasn't been done. Would be nice to have all of them together.

Thanks for the links Gok and Paulbot! :)

Ultra Mackness
21st January 2016, 08:19 PM
Don't know why I didn't think of that Mark Bellomo book. I have a copy and it is fantastic. If you're just after the content of the tech specs as well as a great photographic record of the toys I'd highly recommend it.

Paulbot
21st January 2016, 08:35 PM
Don't know why I didn't think of that Mark Bellomo book. I have a copy and it is fantastic. If you're just after the content of the tech specs as well as a great photographic record of the toys I'd highly recommend it.

Great photography? Maybe you got a special copy where the toys and stickers were in good condition and none of the photos were blurry or overexposed. (I'm not a fan ;) )

Ultra Mackness
21st January 2016, 09:04 PM
Just dug my copy out and had a look.

You're probably right Paulbot, he probably won't win any awards for photographic acumen. But I don't find the photos that bad (my optical prescription is pretty strong though, so the difference between awesome, excellent and very good photos is pretty much academic for me anyway!) and there are pics of both modes and accessories for all G1 releases along with tech specs and bios. I really like the book and if for whatever reason I had to get rid of my G1 collection I'd hang on to this book as a virtual collection.

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2016, 12:46 AM
The toy photography in Transformers Generations is superb IMO. Even TFwiki uses scans from this book for almost all of their G1 & G2 toy pics.

TAAUBlaster
25th January 2016, 09:44 AM
Can anyone please tell me what the dimensions of the old G1 product catalogues are?

Paulbot
25th January 2016, 10:26 AM
Should be able to do this when I'm home. Stupid working day before Australia Day.

Pretty much each year's was a different size though

TAAUBlaster
25th January 2016, 11:41 AM
Should be able to do this when I'm home. Stupid working day before Australia Day.

Pretty much each year's was a different size though

Thanks a lot man. :) I don't have access to mine at the moment, and I thought the info would be easy to find on the net. But my Google-fu failed me. :(

I hate it when the public holidays are like this - working one day after a weekend, then public holiday. It really throws off my weekly working clock/schedule. I almost took today off and made it a 4 day weekend - but we're too busy at work. :p

Ultra Mackness
25th January 2016, 07:05 PM
The 1985 one with say, Whirl, Roadbuster, Omega supreme etc. is 59.7 cm (23.5") long and 21.3 cm (8 and 5/16") wide.

The reinforcements from Cybertron with power dashes and time warrior 38.3 (15 and 1/8") long and 14.4 (5 and 5/8") wide.

Can't seem to find any of my '84 ones sorry.

Paulbot
25th January 2016, 08:16 PM
By my measure:

1984: 30.4 cm long and 21.4 cm tall
1985: 59.8 cm long and 21.3 cm tall
1986: 60.2 cm long and 21.5 cm tall
1987: 59.4 cm long and 21.5 cm tall
1988: 59.4 cm long and 21.4 cm tall
1989: 43.0 cm long and 17.1 cm tall
1990: 42.1 cm long and 17.2 cm tall

That covers all the US G1 toys. There was no catalogue in the 1991 toys (AM Elites, Motorvators). The next two catalogues (the Turbomasters/Predators one and the Colour changers/Lightformers etc) came in various sizes and aren't immediately at hand.

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2016, 08:53 PM
My measures...
1984: 30.3cm(L) x 21.6cm(B)
1985: 59.5cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1986: 59cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1987: 59.5cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1988: 59.5cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1989: 42.3cm(L) x 17cm(B)
1992: 29.1cm(L) x 28.9cm(B)

And if I average it with Paulbot and UltraMackness' measures (where applicable and around the figures up to 1 decimal point), we get...
1984: 30.4cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1985: 59.7cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1986: 59.6cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1988: 59.5cm(L) x 21.4cm(B)
1989: 42.7cm(L) x 17cm(B)
1990: 42.1cm(L) x 17.2cm(B)

And just cos I was curious, this means that the average size of a G1 catalogue is around 47.8cm(L) x 21.3cm(B). :p ;)

TAAUBlaster
25th January 2016, 09:44 PM
The 1985 one with say, Whirl, Roadbuster, Omega supreme etc. is 59.7 cm (23.5") long and 21.3 cm (8 and 5/16") wide.

The reinforcements from Cybertron with power dashes and time warrior 38.3 (15 and 1/8") long and 14.4 (5 and 5/8") wide.

Can't seem to find any of my '84 ones sorry.

By my measure:

1984: 30.4 cm long and 21.4 cm tall
1985: 59.8 cm long and 21.3 cm tall
1986: 60.2 cm long and 21.5 cm tall
1987: 59.4 cm long and 21.5 cm tall
1988: 59.4 cm long and 21.4 cm tall
1989: 43.0 cm long and 17.1 cm tall
1990: 42.1 cm long and 17.2 cm tall

That covers all the US G1 toys. There was no catalogue in the 1991 toys (AM Elites, Motorvators). The next two catalogues (the Turbomasters/Predators one and the Colour changers/Lightformers etc) came in various sizes and aren't immediately at hand.

My measures...
1984: 30.3cm(L) x 21.6cm(B)
1985: 59.5cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1986: 59cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1988: 59.5cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1989: 42.3cm(L) x 17cm(B)

And if I average it with Paulbot and UltraMackness' measures (where applicable and around the figures up to 1 decimal point), we get...
1984: 30.4cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1985: 59.7cm(L) x 21.3cm(B)
1986: 59.6cm(L) x 21.5cm(B)
1988: 59.5cm(L) x 21.4cm(B)
1989: 42.7cm(L) x 17cm(B)
1990: 42.1cm(L) x 17.2cm(B)

And just cos I was curious, this means that the average size of a G1 catalogue is around 47.8cm(L) x 21.3cm(B). :p ;)

Wow, thank you so much guys! :D
They really do jump allover the place don't they?

I'm finally at the stage where I have the room to buy a few Detolfs, so I wanted something to hang behind the wall above them, and I was thinking about using the old product catalogues in a frame or something. :)

GoktimusPrime
25th January 2016, 10:31 PM
They really do jump allover the place don't they?
Heh. I couldn't find my tape measure, so I was using a standard 30cm wooden ruler, which meant that I had to shift it and I may be a millimetre or so off due to the shift. Also, the condition of the catalogue may also affect its measurement. I measured two different 1984 catalogues, one was heavily creased and even torn along some creases, the other is in fairly good condition, and they both gave me slightly different results (only by a few mm).

I'm going to find my tape measure when this discussion is long forgotten. :p :rolleyes:

CyberiusPrime
26th January 2016, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone,

My transformers collectors club membership expires in about 2 months, however i never received the free subscription figure.

Did i miss something or would i need to order it at a members price?

Thanks

griffin
26th January 2016, 01:06 PM
It depends on the date you joined in 2015. If it was before March 15th (or could be 17th) you should have been sent Nova Prime last June/July. If you joined after that cut-off date you will be sent the 2016 toy this June/July.

CyberiusPrime
26th January 2016, 01:37 PM
It depends on the date you joined in 2015. If it was before March 15th (or could be 17th) you should have been sent Nova Prime last June/July. If you joined after that cut-off date you will be sent the 2016 toy this June/July.

My bill date is the 08/03/2016. So i would assume it is a 12 month membership.
I think i shall send them an email querying this.

I joined August last year :(

Thanks Griff

EDIT: Check joined date silly me!!!

griffin
26th January 2016, 02:13 PM
My bill date is the 08/03/2016. So i would assume it is a 12 month membership.
I think i shall send them an email querying this.

I joined August last year :(

Thanks Griff

EDIT: Check joined date silly me!!!

Just be aware that in America, the month is listed before the day, so that join/bill date is August 3rd, not March 8th.
So that means you'll get the 2016 toy, which is the GEN-14 Armada Starscream toy done as 2003 Universe Ramjet.

Paulbot
31st January 2016, 09:02 PM
Anybody know the deal with Go-Bots toy Pocket? He's part of the Puzzler combiner. He's a yellow lamborghini with a head that is an whole lot like Sunstreaker's...

Yet there's no connection right? It's not like old Diaclone line toys could have ended up in Gobots/Machine Robo line is there?

Seems too similar to be coincidence though. Could both Sunstreaker and Puzzler toys have a common ancestor? Based on a character maybe from a movie or older toyline?

http://i.imgur.com/bHzKUFel.jpg

DELTAprime
4th February 2016, 08:13 PM
Trying to find a pose for MP Ironhide. The dual blasters that are included with him, did Ironhide ever use two blasters in the cartoon? I remember Ratchet using two blasters in his final battle, but can't remember Ironhide ever using two.

Jaxius._
4th February 2016, 08:22 PM
Anybody know the deal with Go-Bots toy Pocket? He's part of the Puzzler combiner. He's a yellow lamborghini with a head that is an whole lot like Sunstreaker's...

Yet there's no connection right? It's not like old Diaclone line toys could have ended up in Gobots/Machine Robo line is there?

Seems too similar to be coincidence though. Could both Sunstreaker and Puzzler toys have a common ancestor? Based on a character maybe from a movie or older toyline?

http://i.imgur.com/bHzKUFel.jpg

Sunstreaker after a night out

jazzcomp
4th February 2016, 10:36 PM
Is there a metallic prime with axe scf with battle damage? Or is this a custom?

Ultra Mackness
5th February 2016, 05:34 AM
It may be from the TF confrontation set from 2002:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_(G1)/merchandise#Super_Collection_Figure

jazzcomp
5th February 2016, 04:47 PM
The confrontation set pictures don't look as shiny. Or was the chest part just swapped?

Ultra Mackness
5th February 2016, 05:25 PM
Not sure - it was the only scf convoy with an axe and battle damage though.

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2016, 06:38 PM

Just did a quick Google search and according to this site (http://alma.skr.jp/mtblog/archives/2005/08/post_69.html), the original Machine Robo Machine Puzzler (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHo85NW1RAs) toy came out in 1985; 3 years after Diaclone Car Robot, and a year after Hasbro released Transformers (and thus Sunstreaker in yellow). Perhaps it was in response to Takara releasing Transformers in Japan that year. <shrugs>

DELTAprime
7th February 2016, 07:08 PM
Looking at filling the gaps in my MP collection. Does the Takara version of MP Acid Storm MP-11A come with a Takara Tomy collector card? I'm thinking of doing a display of MP collector cards like some other people on the boards have done.

DELTAprime
7th February 2016, 09:47 PM
One last question before I go blowing my savings... Have Starscream and Skywarp used the Leader Class CW figure as their bodies in the comics? I'm going to fill in the gaps in my IDW lineup, but if they haven't used those bodies in the comics I won't get those figures.

prjkt
7th February 2016, 09:56 PM
Starscream has, made a bit of a song and dance about it in the Combiner aware arc, yet Skywarp is still in his FOC/Cybertronian form

Megatran
9th February 2016, 07:57 AM
I've seen TakaraTomy referred to as simply Tomy. Have they changed their name by dropping the Takara word or is it simply a legacy thing.

DELTAprime
9th February 2016, 12:11 PM
I've seen TakaraTomy referred to as simply Tomy. Have they changed their name by dropping the Takara word or is it simply a legacy thing.

In Japan they are known as Takara Tomy, outside Japan they are known as Tomy because the Takara brand never really made it's way outside Japan. At work I sell heaps of Tomy product as the Tomy brand is common outside Japan.

griffin
9th February 2016, 01:18 PM
Tomy is apparently the fourth largest toy company in the world, behind Hasbro, Lego and Mattel.

Megatran
9th February 2016, 06:07 PM
Tomy is apparently the fourth largest toy company in the world, behind Hasbro, Lego and Mattel.
By what measure? Sales revenue, number of employees, length, girth, profit, number of toy lines?

griffin
9th February 2016, 07:28 PM
By what measure? Sales revenue, number of employees, length, girth, profit, number of toy lines?

I think it was by sales. It was about three years ago, in an article somewhere.

DELTAprime
10th February 2016, 12:26 AM
Makes sense. I must sell as much Tomy product in general (mostly baby toys) as I sell Hasbro product. Don't really sell much Mattel anymore and Lego dominates.

CyberiusPrime
12th February 2016, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone,

Do we know when the CW Legends Wave 5 is coming out in retail?

Pipes, Buzzsaw, Chopshop and Shockwave

Did or will Hubcap make an appearance?

Thanks

EDIT - Leader Skywarp, has been been and gone? Did we ever get a release of Legends Huffer?

Paulbot
12th February 2016, 07:10 PM
Pipes, Buzzsaw, Shockwave and Chop Shop are showing up at Kmarts now. (Dandenong had the first two on Sunday morning). Skywarps can still be found on the shelves at Targets at least.

DELTAprime
12th February 2016, 08:59 PM
Pipes, Buzzsaw, Shockwave and Chop Shop are showing up at Kmarts now. (Dandenong had the first two on Sunday morning). Skywarps can still be found on the shelves at Targets at least.

Figures, I would buy a set from BBTS and then they would show up locally...

DELTAprime
12th February 2016, 09:15 PM
When I get Laserwave, should I put him on my Season 1 MP shelf or Season 2 MP shelf? The fact Shockwave appears in season one but didn't get a toy till 85 puts him a odd spot for me.

CHILENO20
12th February 2016, 09:43 PM
When I get Laserwave, should I put him on my Season 1 MP shelf or Season 2 MP shelf? The fact Shockwave appears in season one but didn't get a toy till 85 puts him a odd spot for me.

Guess it depends on how you base it. If you go by appearence in the series, series 1 then. If you go by toy, series 2.

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2016, 09:52 PM
I arrange my toys by toy series, not cartoon.
Reasons being:
1/ The toys came first.
2/ There are several toys that never appeared in the cartoon (e.g. Jumpstarters, Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But I suppose if you're exclusively collecting G1 toys of characters that appeared in the cartoon, then you could arrange them by season. I guess Reflector would count as a Season 1 character(s) too, even though toywise they're Series 3 (1986). I do include "retconned" characters though (e.g. Sunstorm sits on my 1984 Decepticon shelf along with my other Series 1 Jets). I used to display these sort of characters separately, but that takes up additional shelf space, so mixing them up conserves space. ;) It also allows me to display the mould in different modes; e.g. both Omega Supreme and GADEP are with my 1985 Autobots, w/ Omega in robot mode and GADEP in rocket base mode. So admittedly I do have completely subjective biases in the way that I categorise my toys too. But then again, all systems of classification have some form of subjectivity to them.

Krayt
12th February 2016, 10:27 PM

Wrong skywarp.... Leader still hasn't hit and probably won't due to stock on hand at hasbro of the 2 Megs and screamer

Paulbot
12th February 2016, 10:30 PM
Wrong skywarp.... Leader still hasn't hit and probably won't due to stock on hand at hasbro of the 2 Megs and screamer

Oops yes. I misread that as him asking about legends Skywarp and Huffer :o

DELTAprime
12th February 2016, 11:27 PM
I arrange my toys by toy series, not cartoon.
Reasons being:
1/ The toys came first.
2/ There are several toys that never appeared in the cartoon (e.g. Jumpstarters, Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But I suppose if you're exclusively collecting G1 toys of characters that appeared in the cartoon, then you could arrange them by season. I guess Reflector would count as a Season 1 character(s) too, even though toywise they're Series 3 (1986). I do include "retconned" characters though (e.g. Sunstorm sits on my 1984 Decepticon shelf along with my other Series 1 Jets). I used to display these sort of characters separately, but that takes up additional shelf space, so mixing them up conserves space. ;) It also allows me to display the mould in different modes; e.g. both Omega Supreme and GADEP are with my 1985 Autobots, w/ Omega in robot mode and GADEP in rocket base mode. So admittedly I do have completely subjective biases in the way that I categorise my toys too. But then again, all systems of classification have some form of subjectivity to them.

Hmmmmm, never realised Reflector didn't get a toy till 86. I might have to go with cartoon appearance because I can't think of reflector as being anything but Season 1.

DELTAprime
13th February 2016, 04:36 PM
Anyone ship a POL from BBTS recently? Just wondering how long they are taking these days to pack and ship a POL?

My worst experience with them was 5 days to ship a POL. They are not the BBTS of old...

Starscream77
13th February 2016, 10:34 PM
Got mine last week, 6 working days from hitting button to hitting my door step

BigTransformerTrev
14th February 2016, 10:23 AM
Anyone ship a POL from BBTS recently? Just wondering how long they are taking these days to pack and ship a POL?

My worst experience with them was 5 days to ship a POL. They are not the BBTS of old...

That's exactly how long they took on the order I did with them a week ago.

The time before that it said it was in the warehouse for like nearly 2 weeks but then it arrived like 2 days after they said they shipped it so guessing someone somewhere hadn't pressed the 'your items have shipped button' a week before like they were supposed to

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2016, 02:40 PM

5 days is pretty fast for an overseas shipment! My longest was 23 days from Japan! (although best was 3 days; avg wait time for me is 10 days) Then again, I only use cheaper EMS or SAL. What shipping method did you use?

DELTAprime
14th February 2016, 03:09 PM
5 days is pretty fast for an overseas shipment! My longest was 23 days from Japan! (although best was 3 days; avg wait time for me is 10 days) Then again, I only use cheaper EMS or SAL. What shipping method did you use?

Gok you mis-read, I was asking how long are they taking to ship it. Not how long it took to get through the postage system. BBTS has been taking a long time just to put their boxes into USPS/FEDEX/UPS's hands.

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2016, 03:24 PM
:eek: Wow... okay, in that case that sounds quite unacceptable. :eek:

prjkt
14th February 2016, 09:27 PM
Gok you mis-read, I was asking how long are they taking to ship it. Not how long it took to get through the postage system. BBTS has been taking a long time just to put their boxes into USPS/FEDEX/UPS's hands.

Yeah I hit "ship" on something from BBTS last weekend, they marked it as shipped on Thursday, yet the tracking suggests they haven't handed it over yet...

DELTAprime
15th February 2016, 01:34 PM
My payment from Friday is still processing today and of course BBTS won't let you hit the ship button while your payment is processing. I really wish BBTS would go back to being fast and reliable instead of just reliable.:(

CaminusPrime
15th February 2016, 02:15 PM
So wasn't the CW Leader class ultra magnus confirmed for coming to retail or did we definitely miss out?
Hoping to not have to buy online :s

Sinnertwin
15th February 2016, 02:49 PM
So wasn't the CW Leader class ultra magnus confirmed for coming to retail or did we definitely miss out?
Hoping to not have to buy online :s

Target etc have moved onto Wave 4 (Starscream), so it appears that we may have skipped Ultra Magnus.
If by chance there's a revision with the Skywarp cases, you may have to bite the bullet and buy online.

CaminusPrime
15th February 2016, 02:51 PM
Target etc have moved onto Wave 4 (Starscream), so it appears that we may have skipped Ultra Magnus.
If by chance there's a revision with the Skywarp cases, you may have to bite the bullet and buy online.

Thanks, Should be fun with shipping and currency conversion right now :rolleyes:

DELTAprime
15th February 2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks, Should be fun with shipping and currency conversion right now :rolleyes:

If you use a place with a BBTS style POL Magnus should still be cheaper to buy online than at Aussie retail, just slightly.

Sinnertwin
15th February 2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Wars-Leader-Ultra-Magnus-MISB-IN-STOCK-HASBRO-/252036282034?hash=item3aae8876b2:g:E58AAOSwMmBVsfP X

$71 delivered compared to the $89 + travel time shopping locally.
Also comes with ebay's get your product or get your money back guarantee

CaminusPrime
15th February 2016, 07:27 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Wars-Leader-Ultra-Magnus-MISB-IN-STOCK-HASBRO-/252036282034?hash=item3aae8876b2:g:E58AAOSwMmBVsfP X

Oh sweet!

CaminusPrime
20th February 2016, 10:42 PM

Oh sweet!

Got it on ebay that night, just waiting for it. Definitely expecting to hear it turn up in australia just after i get it knowing my luck but for that price, not complaining too much :D

GoktimusPrime
21st February 2016, 12:31 AM
From here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22496&page=2):

Does anyone know (of where to find) the basic/average dimensions for a scramble city combiner limb?
Here's a sample:
FIRST AID
= vehicle mode: 3cm(H) x 6.5cm(L) x 3cm(W)
= robot mode: 9cm(H) x 4cm(W)
SLINGSHOT
= vehicle mode: 4cm(H) x 12cm(L) x 7.5cm(W)
= robot mode: 8cm(H) x 3cm(W)
SWINDLE
= vehicle mode: 3cm(H) x 8cm(L) x 4cm(W)
= robot mode: 7cm(H) x 5cm(W)
BREAKDOWN
= vehicle mode: 2.5cm(H) x 8cm(L) x 4cm(W)
= robot mode: 9cm(H) x 4cm(W)
AFTERBURNER
= vehicle mode: 4.5cm(H) x 8cm(L) x 5cm(W)
= robot mode: 8cm(H) x 4cm(W)

So the average among this sample would be:
= vehicle mode: 3.4cm(H) x 8.5cm(L) x 4.7cm(W)
= robot mode: 8.2cm(H) x 4cm(W)

==========================================

My MP Ironhide from PC came with a coin, so I assume that it's from Hong Kong rather than Japan. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it then occurred to me that the instructions and everything else that came with this toy is entirely in Japanese. :eek: When I've purchased Transformers from mainland China, they came w/ 2 instructions, one in English and the other in Chinese. Hasbro AU's imported MPs come w/ 2 instructions as well (English and Japanese). But my Ironhide only came with Japanese instructions, no Chinese one.

So did I happen to get a figure that erroneously didn't come with Chinese instructions, or is this issue more common with other MP Ironhides from HK? :confused: If it's the latter, then it seems to be quite an oversight from Hasbro HK.

Bladestorm
21st February 2016, 01:14 AM
My MP Ironhide from PC came with a coin, so I assume that it's from Hong Kong rather than Japan. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it then occurred to me that the instructions and everything else that came with this toy is entirely in Japanese. :eek: When I've purchased Transformers from mainland China, they came w/ 2 instructions, one in English and the other in Chinese. Hasbro AU's imported MPs come w/ 2 instructions as well (English and Japanese). But my Ironhide only came with Japanese instructions, no Chinese one.

So did I happen to get a figure that erroneously didn't come with Chinese instructions, or is this issue more common with other MP Ironhides from HK? :confused: If it's the latter, then it seems to be quite an oversight from Hasbro HK.

None of the Takara MP's (or any other Japanese Transformers) I have ever brought in Hong Kong have ever had English or Chinese instructions. Only Japanese.
If you are getting a Japanese MP from HK with Chinese instructions I'd be checking its authenticity. Perhaps Hasbro China (as opposed to Hasbro HK) do something like AU and customise their instructions for their mainland customers?

All I can say is "Google Translate is my friend" regarding how I and others I know here in HK overcome trying to figure out our instructions on our MP's.

morg176
21st February 2016, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;511806]From here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22496&page=2):

So the average among this sample would be:
= vehicle mode: 3.4cm(H) x 8.5cm(L) x 4.7cm(W)
= robot mode: 8.2cm(H) x 4cm(W)

Gok, thanks for the reply, I looked all over the net bet there doesn't seem to be a diagram anywhere. A second question if I may.

As all the 'limbots' have ultimately different dimensions, could you measure the chestplate-groinplate part that is more or less common to all limbots. And maybe the connecting post.
I would appreciate this. All my limbots are packed away, and relatively unaccessible. :D

canofwhoopass_87
21st February 2016, 02:52 PM
Does Grimlock transform into robot mode at all in Season 3 of G1? I only recall him being in dino mode

CHILENO20
21st February 2016, 03:06 PM
Does Grimlock transform into robot mode at all in Season 3 of G1? I only recall him being in dino mode

Yep, Five Faces of Darknes (episode 3) & Madman's Paradise

spiderken17
21st February 2016, 04:13 PM
Whats TCCA?

griffin
21st February 2016, 04:30 PM
Whats TCCA?

TCCA - Transformers Collector Club of Australia, started late 2014 (I believe) on Facebook.
OTCA - Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia, started late 1996.
(all these weird acronyms these days :p )

TCCA is the fifth group/community/club for Transformers that we've had in Australia, and as I always say, it is better for variety to have a choice (as long as there isn't targeted competition from them against us)... as this site will never be able to cater to everyone's tastes, and it is better that fans go where they get the most enjoyment from this hobby. :)

GoktimusPrime
21st February 2016, 09:05 PM
Grimlock and the Dinobots were pretty forgettable characters in Season 3, so I don't blame you for not remember. :o Of course, they still manage to have loads more characterisation than the Dinobots in AoE. #shotsfired :p

None of the Takara MP's (or any other Japanese Transformers) I have ever brought in Hong Kong have ever had English or Chinese instructions. Only Japanese.
If you are getting a Japanese MP from HK with Chinese instructions I'd be checking its authenticity. Perhaps Hasbro China (as opposed to Hasbro HK) do something like AU and customise their instructions for their mainland customers?

All I can say is "Google Translate is my friend" regarding how I and others I know here in HK overcome trying to figure out our instructions on our MP's.
I've never purchased a Japanese MP from mainland China, only a Hasbro MP (Acid Storm). The instructions were just a Chinese translation of the Hasbro instructions, which as we all know has bugger all text on it anyway so there's not much to translate. :p I've only ever seen Japanese MPs in China at specialty import stores. Of course, finding legit Transformers anywhere in China is freaking hard. :mad:

So wait... Hasbro HK are willing to go to the trouble for minting exclusive coins for their imported MPs, and they initially hired a HK based translation company to translate MP Wheeljack and Bumblebee's instructions into English (or some language approximating English :p) for Hasbro AP's Anglophone markets, but don't seem bothered to translate the instructions/booklets into Chinese for their own domestic market? :confused:

Relying on Google Translate must be horrible. :( I just spent the last 2 hours translating a unit of work I developed in Japanese into German using Google Translate. I know that most of the translations are wrong. I've just sent one of my files to a native German teacher, and I'm going to get another one to proofread my other file. The Google translated stuff is nothing more than placeholders just to give the German teachers a rough idea of what I'm trying to achieve. :o

Sinnertwin
21st February 2016, 09:07 PM
Their mental regression was painful to watch

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st February 2016, 11:06 PM
Dunno if this has been asked before, but is there any information on how the transformation sound was made?

Paulbot
21st February 2016, 11:23 PM
Dunno if this has been asked before, but is there any information on how the transformation sound was made?

The old Alt.Toys. Transformers FAQ described it such

The Transform sound begins as an 8 hz pulse repeated five times for 0.7 seconds each repeat whose pitch can be represented by the absolute value of a declining sine wave, with each zero-to-zero arc of the wave representing one of five cycles of the repetition. The actual value of the sine wave can be modified by factor N which is multiplied into the X value but divided into the Y value, which means that although the actual pitch is largely indefinite, in analog terms when the transform pitch is higher the length of each pulse is shorter, and conversely when the pitch is lower the length of each pulse is longer.

Remember in the old days when FAQs for subjects were useful and substantive info dumps that now day we have Wikipedia for.

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2016, 12:13 AM
It's transform static I tells ya! Static! :p

Bladestorm
22nd February 2016, 12:17 AM
Relying on Google Translate must be horrible. :( [snip] The Google translated stuff is nothing more than placeholders just to give the German teachers a rough idea of what I'm trying to achieve. :o

Google Translate is a beast. It doesn't translate Traditional Chinese to English well AT ALL (but that's for another forum). I have found the Japanese translates enough to interpret the instructions when combined with the pictures for MP figures.

I don't know what the logic is behind not having "local language" instructions. I would have to translate either way though unless English was included. Admittedly all the MP's I've ever purchased are from Tak Tomy cases and the boxes inside generally aren't double (or triple) taped like the Hasbro direct stuff (eg Platinum Editions). Perhaps the distribution process is different or the cost to add the extra paper isn't justified as locals would just source from Japan given the pricing. I often wonder if the coins are produced to give the local suppliers a sweetener to entice people in Asia (but outside Japan) to buy local.
Not all local HK suppliers get the coins though as some bypass Hasbro HK and source direct from Japan so if you are buying MP's and you WANT the coin you have to check if stores include it before buying/pre ordering.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd February 2016, 10:33 PM
Google Translate is a beast. It doesn't translate Traditional Chinese to English well AT ALL (but that's for another forum).
I get handed BING and Google translated stuff all the time as "students work" which I find hilarious as I'll be reading their wrk going, 'Ok, a little bit starnge, but I can tell what they are trying to write' and the next paragraph/line is an incomprehensible line of words, that are English, but don't manage to convey any meaning. Much like posts on some american message boards :p

The old Alt.Toys. Transformers FAQ described it such

Remember in the old days when FAQs for subjects were useful and substantive info dumps that now day we have Wikipedia for.
While googling, I think I found a copy of that page :

http://206geek.com/how-were-the-transformers-sound-effects-made/
Interesting about the TFing noise, as well as Soundwaves voice. I can pull off a fairly convincing Dr Claw, I might try and whip up a Soundwave sample for giggles.
Interesting. Just to add a bit of info, it turns out that many cartoons of the 80s used sound effects from the warner bros sound fx library. Which is why they share many of the same FX.

This includes Star Trek noises (the photon missiles fx show up everywhere) and you often hear the same FX on He-man, TF, Dungeons and Dragons, as well as countless others.

prjkt
22nd February 2016, 11:03 PM
Quite a few Star Wars FX ended up in TF as well, blaster fire and the tie fighter engine are probably the most obvious.

griffin
24th February 2016, 06:58 PM
Did anyone here follow the "Ask Vector Prime (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ask_Vector_Prime#Facebook)" thingy on Facebook in the last year?

I never followed it, but noticed it's impact on the TFwiki, with a lot of pages noting additions/retcons that reference AVP.
In theory, it was a good idea (from the perspective of those young, or still young at heart) to try to explain the loose ends, errors and contradictions in the Transformers fiction universe, but ultimately, most of us older fans have already created our own explanations for things, and I heard that there were many who would reject and dispute things that were being posted by "Vector Prime" (otherwise known as Jim Sorenson for the Collector Club).

Anyways, it has come to an end (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/ask-vector-prime-has-come-to-an-end/34812/).

Paulbot
25th February 2016, 09:31 AM
Oh so it was on Facebook. I'd seen the references too but didn't know it was an ongoing thing, thought it tied back to the old days where Forums could send through a few questions to Hasbro every month.

Oztron
29th February 2016, 08:47 AM
Sep 2013 was our launch date, and while we were the 5th, we are the largest

Juggernaut
29th February 2016, 09:59 AM

???

griffin
1st March 2016, 04:36 PM

???

They are replying to this post...

TCCA - Transformers Collector Club of Australia, started late 2014 (I believe) on Facebook.
OTCA - Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia, started late 1996.
(all these weird acronyms these days :p )

TCCA is the fifth group/community/club for Transformers that we've had in Australia, and as I always say, it is better for variety to have a choice (as long as there isn't targeted competition from them against us)... as this site will never be able to cater to everyone's tastes, and it is better that fans go where they get the most enjoyment from this hobby. :)

we are the largest

Not yet... but it is quality not quantity I care about here, or for any fansite, so membership numbers should not be a priority as you can lose focus chasing up new members (who never come back to interact) instead of keeping people active, as I believe people should have some choice for interaction, and not be targeted, or forced to interact on just one site.

I just went and had a look at the numbers, to see if it was true that the TCCA was the largest group, and they have just over 1,600 registered members, while we have had just over 4,200 registered members at this current location (plus about a couple thousand more in the 10 years before this location, on our previous sites), and it is more of a deterrent to type out a registration form and follow email instructions on a messageboard site like ours than click to join a facebook page (and since our Ozformers facebook page is an open page and not a closed community page, we'll never know how many extra people who aren't members here, are viewing that page as well).

But as noted above, I honestly don't keep track of our numbers or anyone else's, as I concern myself more with the number of "active members", who keep coming back (at least once a week) by generating more topics and posts here to make it more interesting for other people to register and want join in to voice their opinion... as all fansites and facebook pages get people joining up and then never coming back (after a post or two, or not at all). Our site has about 10% active members (300-400 people logging more than once a week), so that would be a percentage you could apply to any other fansite as well, if their site doesn't show the exact statistic.

Realistically, I would expect to see similar active numbers on various local sites, if they are kept interesting, active, inviting and non-combative against other fansites that even competing against them.

griffin
1st March 2016, 04:41 PM
(moved last few posts here as they were off topic in the dealer feedback section)

Megatran
2nd March 2016, 05:26 PM
According to Wiki, the acronym GDO (Global Development Organisation) refers to Hasbro's Asian market 'exclusives'. Any idea how this acronym came to being?

Jetfire in the sky
2nd March 2016, 08:18 PM
According to Wiki, the acronym GDO (Global Development Organisation) refers to Hasbro's Asian market 'exclusives'. Any idea how this acronym came to being?

Perhaps global meaning outside of the "western" hemisphere and into the "eastern":confused:

SuspectimusPrime
3rd March 2016, 01:48 PM

They kept that acronym in all listings for those 2012 repaints/retools. The dept/division suggests something glorious, like they're aiming to change the world. It seems to have come and went with those releases as the full term brings nothing else up (aside from a few corporate profiles on LinkedIn). I think it's about as accurate in describing a department as renaming every single corporate position as "Business Development Manager". Perhaps they're a sub-division that got canned shortly?

#politics

CyberiusPrime
7th March 2016, 09:35 PM
The Toys R Us Devastator, is that the Hasbro or the Warriors unite Takara Tomy version?

Only reason i ask, as i know they are selling TT Superion

Thanks

Handsprime
7th March 2016, 10:02 PM
The Toys R Us Devastator, is that the Hasbro or the Warriors unite Takara Tomy version?

Thanks

TRU are selling the hasbro version. While the takaratomy one was leaked, no further comments have been made about it and it's likely cancelled (similar to Arcee) or was inaccurate information

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th March 2016, 08:58 AM
Does anyone have a pic of Combiner Wars Sky Lynx with Titan class Metroplex, especially in base/city mode?
People have said CW Sky Lynx works well with the Legends class (which 'plex was designed to interact with), so I'm curious to see how they scale together.

Cheers.:)

GoktimusPrime
9th March 2016, 07:16 AM

Thanks

Toys R Us" UW Superion is the Hasbro AP version with English language instructions. There is no such version for Devastator nor are there any plans for one AFAIK

BigTransformerTrev
17th March 2016, 10:58 AM
Couple of quick queries:

1: Did Deluxe RID Jazz and Sideswipe ever get released here? Wondering if I just missed them or they have not been out.

2: The release date for MP Shockwave seems to keep changing. Does anyone know the latest specific date? Just think its going to run down to the wire with my current PW time limit with HLJ.

Many thanks, Trev :)

UltraMarginal
17th March 2016, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Sideswipe was in the first wave on shelves here months ago.
Not sure about Jazz.

No idea about the release date for Shockwave.

tinyJazz
17th March 2016, 03:39 PM
I've bought two Jazzes from different Kmarts, and saw another one in store as recently as last week. So yes, RID Jazz was released here. :) I think he might be short packed though.

Amazon Japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-トランスフォーマー-MP29-防衛参謀レーザーウェーブ/dp/B0167Z1CDA/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1458189296&sr=8-43&keywords=トランスフォーマー) currently has MP Shockwave listed for March 26th release.

BigTransformerTrev
17th March 2016, 03:47 PM
I've bought two Jazzes from different Kmarts, and saw another one in store as recently as last week. So yes, RID Jazz was released here. :) I think he might be short packed though.

Amazon Japan (http://www.amazon.co.jp/タカラトミー-トランスフォーマー-MP29-防衛参謀レーザーウェーブ/dp/B0167Z1CDA/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1458189296&sr=8-43&keywords=トランスフォーマー) currently has MP Shockwave listed for March 26th release.

Cheers for that :)

griffin
17th March 2016, 06:03 PM
Shockwave's release date keeps changing (according to Amazon Japan, who are the most accurate source). It started out on the 31st, then moved to the 19th, then back to the 31st, and now is noted as the 26th.
:confused:

I'm pretty sure Sideswipe was in the first wave on shelves here months ago.
Not sure about Jazz.

Sideswipe and Jazz were wave 3... which we didn't actually get here, but both toys were in wave 4, which we did get here, last September (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=451981&postcount=3).

Megatran
17th March 2016, 06:17 PM
Shockwave's release date keeps changing (according to Amazon Japan, who are the most accurate source). It started out on the 31st, then moved to the 19th, then back to the 31st, and now is noted as the 26th.
Given the change in release date is only minor, it's perplexing as to the reason for this. Perhaps the Activation Executive is throwing darts at the calendar to determine the revised release date. Don't quote me though.

Paulbot
17th March 2016, 06:18 PM
Just as long as Shockwave comes out before I need to ship my Private Warehouse offer I'll be happy... Ideally Ratchet would get in that window too but I don't like those chances.

BigTransformerTrev
17th March 2016, 07:19 PM

Sideswipe and Jazz were wave 3... which we didn't actually get here, but both toys were in wave 4, which we did get here, last September (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=451981&postcount=3).

Cheers for that - sounds like maybe I should have ordered the JP versions instead of trusting to luck

Just as long as Shockwave comes out before I need to ship my Private Warehouse offer I'll be happy... Ideally Ratchet would get in that window too but I don't like those chances.

Yeah I have to ship my PW on the 28th so it's cutting it damn close for me :eek:

prjkt
18th March 2016, 07:14 AM
I wonder if HLJ would hold a couple of days before shipping if you ask really nicely?

Sinnertwin
18th March 2016, 11:03 AM
TRU are selling the hasbro version. While the takaratomy one was leaked, no further comments have been made about it and it's likely cancelled (similar to Arcee) or was inaccurate information

Arcee has been spotted at TrU Aspley via an FB post
Devy may also be on Its way perhaps

BigTransformerTrev
18th March 2016, 06:05 PM
I wonder if HLJ would hold a couple of days before shipping if you ask really nicely?

Considering it. Depends if MP Ratchet and UW Brutucis will come out within 60 days of each other because if so I'd want Shockers in this PW shipment and leave Ratchet till later. If not then I'd be happy for a Ratchet and Shockers to constitute one shipment

BigTransformerTrev
23rd March 2016, 09:08 PM

I asked them nicely and they sadly said no. This was their response:

Hi, Trevor-

Thanks for writing!

We're afraid that if Private Warehouse's 60-day clock runs out, shipment of items older than 60 days is an automated process. Time extensions are unfortunately not possible, as our Help Center explains:

http://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/200989874-Private-Warehouse-60-Day-Limit

Although it is unlikely, we hope it might arrive in time and enter your Private Warehouse in time for you to create a combined Private Warehouse shipment (it would not be included in an automated shipment; you would need to create a Private Warehouse shipment combining the items before the 60-day clock runs out), but we do not know if that will be possible.

We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us!

Best Regards,

Mark Kutsugi
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.hlj.com

:(

prjkt
23rd March 2016, 09:42 PM
Figured that'd be the case, but worth a shot anyway

BigTransformerTrev
23rd March 2016, 10:36 PM
Figured that'd be the case, but worth a shot anyway

Yeah. A bit disappointed but at least they were polite and treated me like a person TRU could learn a lot from them about how to converse with customers

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th March 2016, 12:33 PM
I tried the getting the 60 PW hold on too, especially annoying since an item I ordered arrived 2 days later (insert face palm here). I too was refused. I think they may have mentioned that the picking or something is automated. I dunno.

Now for my question, which I was thinking of the other day.

Has it been asked if Hasbr/TT make transformers with a certain life span in mind.

For example, Sky Lynx's feet, with the hinge joint. I see that as going weak over the years I would have the toy, but do Hasbro look at the design and consider "Yup, that'll last 3 years, the average lifespan of a toy with a kid"

One could consider that Masterpieces are designed with collectors in mind, so they are designed and made to last for many years. Whereas RID toys might have an expected shorter life and so certain design cuts that would last for the assumed life of the toy, but not longer, are acceptable.

So, how long do we think that may be?

DELTAprime
25th March 2016, 03:05 PM
Anyone know how Hisashi Yuki because the public face of Takara Tomy's Transformers team? Looking through the list of TFs he's designed he doesn't seem to have a great success rate and is responsible for the worst MP of all time MP-5 Megatron.

griffin
25th March 2016, 05:58 PM
Anyone know how Hisashi Yuki because the public face of Takara Tomy's Transformers team? Looking through the list of TFs he's designed he doesn't seem to have a great success rate and is responsible for the worst MP of all time MP-5 Megatron.

Maybe he's the designer with the most prolific twitter habits to make it useful to have him officially reveal images and info, as he seems to make time to tweet a lot of things.
Or he's close with the marketing or management at TakaraTomy to convince them to tease and reveal with his twitter account... something I've been trying to convince Hasbro to do as well with one of their Designers or staff for future Hasbro products (teasing several images to generate/build hype instead of a one-off reveal on their facebook page).

Then again, maybe that zmultiplier person in Asia is a Hasbro employee, who is trying to do a Hasbro version of what TFYuki does, because what benefit is it to a leaker to reveal part of an image, then a b&w image, then the full colour image over a period of time, when they could just leak the full image first off. They can't get fame as their real identity like TFYuki, and aren't earning revenue from advertising because they aren't hosting the images on a private website or have an exclusive deal with a website... so it makes more sense that they are a Hasbro Employee.

Jaxius._
25th March 2016, 08:41 PM
I tried the getting the 60 PW hold on too, especially annoying since an item I ordered arrived 2 days later (insert face palm here). I too was refused. I think they may have mentioned that the picking or something is automated. I dunno.

Now for my question, which I was thinking of the other day.

Has it been asked if Hasbr/TT make transformers with a certain life span in mind.

For example, Sky Lynx's feet, with the hinge joint. I see that as going weak over the years I would have the toy, but do Hasbro look at the design and consider "Yup, that'll last 3 years, the average lifespan of a toy with a kid"

One could consider that Masterpieces are designed with collectors in mind, so they are designed and made to last for many years. Whereas RID toys might have an expected shorter life and so certain design cuts that would last for the assumed life of the toy, but not longer, are acceptable.

So, how long do we think that may be?

I was thinking this with CW Brawl. His cannon relies on a friction joint that will slowly wear away if removed repeatedly. Most likely yes.

----------------------

Ok on to my question. I have noticed that we got FOC Bruticus, then later we get CW. We get T30 Brainstorm, then we get TR. I'm guessing Hasbro was testing the market for those gimmicks. If so what would be the chances of:

A beast line (including rereleases of Waspinator & Rhinox)
A plethora of Armada related toys (the rumored triple changer Tidalwave, redeco of a rumored Broadside, says maybe.)
And more?

BigTransformerTrev
25th March 2016, 08:57 PM
I was thinking this with CW Brawl. His cannon relies on a friction joint that will slowly wear away if removed repeatedly. Most likely yes.

----------------------

Ok on to my question. I have noticed that we got FOC Bruticus, then later we get CW. We get T30 Brainstorm, then we get TR. I'm guessing Hasbro was testing the market for those gimmicks. If so what would be the chances of:

A plethora of Armada related toys (the rumored triple changer Tidalwave, redeco of a rumored Broadside, says maybe.)
And more?

They are already doing a beast-ish line with many of the Con RID characters and just before that we had the Beast Hunters cartoon and toyline. In the Titans Return line there are a few beast characters like Ravage & Stripes. Throw in the odd BW homage Generations toy and MP Primal and I think beasts have been pretty well covered over the last few years.

Oh, and Takara are rereleasing those characters that you mentioned very soon as part of the BW 20th anniversary.

As for Armada, I don't think we will ever see a 'plethora' as it was popular but not that popular. We may continue to see the odd Generations character based on the line though. So far none have been as cool as the original Armada toys sadly.

Omega Metro
25th March 2016, 09:34 PM
I've been out of the loop for about 18months and have decided to restart my Masterpiece collecting. Any good places to get MP-22 Ultra Magnus and MP-21 Bumblebee (first yellow release) still?

BruiseLee
25th March 2016, 10:18 PM
I've been out of the loop for about 18months and have decided to restart my Masterpiece collecting. Any good places to get MP-22 Ultra Magnus and MP-21 Bumblebee (first yellow release) still?

HLJ have MP22

https://www.hlj.com/product/tkt80320

Seraphim Prime
26th March 2016, 12:34 PM

And more?

I don't think FOC Bruticus and Generations Brainstorm and the subsequent Combiner Wars / Titans Return were so much market testing as they just one of the interesting by products of the huge internal Hasbro shift that occurred a couple of years ago.

From what I understand the 4th movie line and Combiner Wars are the first lines that have come from this team, and it doesn't seem like they're concerned about doubling up on characters (eg - Wheeljack, Traibreaker), particularly where their absence would be noticeable in the lineup - ie no Bruticus among the original G1 combines and no Brainstorm among the new Headmasters.

If we were going to get new Beast Wars characters this would have been the year, being the 20th anniversary and all. However, again it seems like the mentality within Hasbro is that these are now just characters within the larger tapestry of Transformers as a whole and will receive homages just as like any other character.

spiderken17
28th March 2016, 05:38 PM
Can someone do me a favour and measure the height of MP Ultra Magnus please? I'm setting up a display cabinet and my Magnus hasn't arrived yet and I don't want to redo it when it shows up.
Cheers, Ken

Burrakooka
28th March 2016, 06:05 PM
Can someone do me a favour and measure the height of MP Ultra Magnus please? I'm setting up a display cabinet and my Magnus hasn't arrived yet and I don't want to redo it when it shows up.
Cheers, Ken

315-320mm.

spiderken17
28th March 2016, 06:13 PM
Cheers

Handsprime
28th March 2016, 07:15 PM
As for Armada, I don't think we will ever see a 'plethora' as it was popular but not that popular. We may continue to see the odd Generations character based on the line though. So far none have been as cool as the original Armada toys sadly.

If the runout about Broadside is true, we may see a new Tidal Wave character. Other than that we would be lucky to see an armada Optimus prime toy.

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2016, 07:28 PM
I want a Beast Wars Tidal Wave, as he's appeared in the IDW comics. Plus it will be the first whale Transformer -- and actually the first cetacean TF ever. Torca and Elphaorpha are half Killer Whales (and half elephant), but of course, Killer Whales are actually a species of dolphin. Orcanoch's the closest that we have, but that's really a vehicle/play set rather than a Transformer action figure. A BW Tidal Wave would be the first whale and full cetacean TF action figure.

I also wonder if a Generations Tidal Wave could be tooled as both a carrier and a whale (i.e. release two versions as redecos), because from the glimpses that we see of IDW Tidal Wave's robot mode, it appears to look the same as Armada Tidal Wave. So I wonder if it might be as simple as retooling the alt mode kibble but otherwise maintaining the same core mould; one would simply wrap the robot up to become carrier, and the other a whale. Perhaps one of the robots could sport Tidal Wave's cartoon colours (purple) while the other with the original Hasbro toy colours (green).

autobreadticon
30th March 2016, 11:28 PM
Hello, does any1 have any idea or images of what this empty box could be. The seller stated on their listing that these were for eHobby minibots. But the box is Autobot red :eek:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1470/26132519335_f96d06d258_b.jpg

I remember seeing an image a long time of go of 'TFC 12' minibots in an ehobby box.

Megatran
31st March 2016, 12:15 AM
The plastic insert looks to be the Decepticon Minibots, which doesn't belong inside the Autobot box. :(

Regarding the box, it's a generic Collector's Edition Autobot reissue box. You can't identify from the front. But from the back, there should be a sticker on the bottom right side which identifies the Autobot number, hence the Autobot character. Perhaps the name in Japanese as well but I can't read Japanese. Do you mind posting a pic of the back of the box?

Where it gets tricky is when there are several variants of the same character. For example:
04 - Lambor (Sideswipe) & New Year Special Lambor
05 - (Red) Alert & New Year Special Alert
08 - Streak (Anime version) & Streak (silver plate version)

Hope this helps.

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2016, 12:15 AM
Could you please show a photo of the back of that box? Because eHobby boxes all state the name of the toy on the reverse side. It's printed in Japanese, but if you post the pic either myself or one of the other Japanese-literate members here can tell you what it says. I suspect that it's the eHobby Gobots blister inserted into an eHobby Autobot's box.

Sinnertwin
31st March 2016, 06:21 AM
y'know, I'd always thought that the minibot tray was the same size as the Twincast one -I've never seen one in the flesh- but there you go, fits right in an Autobot car box.

Megatran
31st March 2016, 02:43 PM
y'know, I'd always thought that the minibot tray was the same size as the Twincast one -I've never seen one in the flesh- but there you go, fits right in an Autobot car box.
Bread should know. He owns an ehobby Gobots/Minibots MISB. :D:D:D

autobreadticon
31st March 2016, 07:21 PM
cheers guys , it is indeed a mismatch, looks to be Magnificus/Gamede number

Megatran
31st March 2016, 08:40 PM
#68 - Magnificus is packed in a purple Decepticon box.

Krayt
31st March 2016, 08:58 PM
Magnificus also had a larger sized box

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2016, 10:08 PM
That's impossible. Can you take a photo of the Japanese text box at towards the bottom of the back and post it? It would be incredibly simple to identify the box if I could just see the text on the back.

Here, I just quickly found this picture of an eHobby Clampdown box to show you where the name of the character is located on the back. This one's blurry (and illegible) because I just grabbed a low res pic that I quickly found on Google. But I'm sure you can scan or photograph even just that part of the back of the box (I don't need to see the rest) and post it.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/clampdownboxback_zpsfo1gqqxi.jpg

DELTAprime
1st April 2016, 07:25 PM
When did everyone get their shipping notification from PC for Grand Convoy? I know I'm probably being paranoid but I only just got my notification last night right after I emailed them and asked if they had an update as to when it would ship. I'm wondering if they forget to send me mine.:confused:

Megatran
1st April 2016, 08:06 PM
When did everyone get their shipping notification from PC for Grand Convoy? I know I'm probably being paranoid but I only just got my notification last night right after I emailed them and asked if they had an update as to when it would ship. I'm wondering if they forget to send me mine.:confused:
PC is a way small operation relative to other global online retailers. Bare that in mind.

They mentioned in one of their recent posts on this forum that they are looking to invest in hiring staff for customer service & order packing as their business enterprise grows. May explain why some orders are filled relatively slowly during peak releases & some customers are complaining about lack of customer service response to their enquiries.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
1st April 2016, 08:43 PM

They made this FB post (https://www.facebook.com/premiumcollectaus/posts/1093246634030257) on the 28th:

Very Big Sea Shipment Arrived today, mp-22 , uw-05 , mp-28, hasbro superion, big bird funko . pc-09 kits. will begin dispatch tomorrow

So if they started sending stuff out on the 29th -- and you got your notification last night -- then that's pretty acceptable I think, given they mention (on their website) stock processing takes 2 to 3 days.

DELTAprime
1st April 2016, 10:21 PM
Ok, so coincidence that I emailed them and then they shipped it. I just wish they would update their product listings with more accurate dates. I don't go searching through the forum or facebook for updates on my preorder, I check the retailers website.

jazzcomp
5th April 2016, 04:46 PM
Is UW Devy box similar to other UW sets (Menasor/Superion)? Or is it the same as Hasbro CW devy box?

Ultra Mackness
5th April 2016, 06:38 PM
Same as Hasbro.

DELTAprime
5th April 2016, 07:32 PM
It's actually a modified version of the Hasbro box. They did a bit of Photoshop on the the artwork of Devastator and the text is in UW style.

spiderken17
7th April 2016, 10:36 PM
Question. I have finally got around to transforming MP Tracks and i have noticed his backpack with the missile launchers sits quite high. I have looked at other pics of him and in some of them it looks like it sits lower. Is it just me?

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th April 2016, 08:02 AM
Question. I have finally got around to transforming MP Tracks and i have noticed his backpack with the missile launchers sits quite high. I have looked at other pics of him and in some of them it looks like it sits lower. Is it just me?Nah, the toy is like that. I had the same thing with Road Rage.:(

Seraphim Prime
8th April 2016, 09:51 AM
Photo angles help to hide the issue, and I think people have tried ways of making the backpack sit lower, but it then doesn't lock in securely.

spiderken17
8th April 2016, 09:58 AM
No worries, thanks

Tarn
10th April 2016, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,

With the Takara's Computron revealed I'm finding that for the first time ever I might have to import a figure.

As such I was hoping you might have some tips about importing such as who you get your imports through etc

Thanks!

GoktimusPrime
10th April 2016, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone,

With the Takara's Computron revealed I'm finding that for the first time ever I might have to import a figure.

As such I was hoping you might have some tips about importing such as who you get your imports through etc

Thanks!
See this thread (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=21402). :)

BruiseLee
10th April 2016, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

If you're looking to dip your toe into online then for this item this may be the cheapest option:

http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/transformers-unite-warriors-uw-08-computron

You will have to pay upfront for this and you may have to be patient as to when this gets delivered but for price its probably the best out there right now.

Megatran
10th April 2016, 12:50 PM
Also have a squiz of the 'Business & Retailer Feedback' sub-section.

Tarn
11th April 2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

DarkHyren
11th April 2016, 11:52 PM
MP question, is this legit? http://www.robotkingdom.com/transformers/masterpiece/mp12k.html
It's TT MP Lambor packaged in robot mode, were any MP cars ever packaged in robot mode rather then vehicle?
I know that larger bots TT have released are generally packaged in robot mode, as well as the Hasbro releases of the autobot cars, but I thought all the smaller TT car types were packaged in vehicle mode?

Krayt
12th April 2016, 12:03 AM
It was a running change for sideswipe and red alert....

DELTAprime
13th April 2016, 06:57 PM
There was a running change. The one reservation I have is that I bought a MP-12T from RK in robot mode packaging and the Lamborghini sticker was missing from the box so it might have been a lunch time special.

Omega Metro
13th April 2016, 07:06 PM
Why is one MP-12 priced at $49.90 and the other $119.90 at Robotkingdom? Why such a big price difference?

DELTAprime
14th April 2016, 07:35 AM
The $50 one looks like the Hasbro HK reissue while the $120 version looks like the Takara version with the running change.

philby
15th April 2016, 06:27 PM
It was a running change for sideswipe and red alert....

what did they change? just the way it was packed or was something done to the figure?

philby
15th April 2016, 06:28 PM
If anyone has Generations Chromia and CHUG Wreck-gar, can they tell me if they are around the same size in bike mode or is one quite bigger than the other?

DELTAprime
17th April 2016, 02:23 PM
If anyone has Generations Chromia and CHUG Wreck-gar, can they tell me if they are around the same size in bike mode or is one quite bigger than the other?

From memory Wreck-gar is fair bit bigger.

DELTAprime
17th April 2016, 02:24 PM
Anyone know what the best option at this point is for me to pick up a TFCC 2016 Skywarp and Ramjet?

griffin
17th April 2016, 03:23 PM
Anyone know what the best option at this point is for me to pick up a TFCC 2016 Skywarp and Ramjet?

BBTS sometimes has Club toys.
Ebay is an option, as the membership toys can sometimes go cheap.

Otherwise, take a chance with the club store's shipping rates if you are a member... and if one hasn't sold out if you wanted to buy both at the same time (if they are available at different times).

I will have to order the Skywarp from the Club Store (and the other items expected later in the year), and would be doing a group order when it gets released. If there is enough interest I could buy items as they are released, otherwise I will wait until they are all released (to save postage) and just risk missing out on something (and look for it on ebay).

griffin
17th April 2016, 11:49 PM

Wreckgar is a lot bigger in bike mode...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/d127.jpg
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/d126.jpg

philby
18th April 2016, 12:11 AM
Wreckgar is a lot bigger in bike mode...

Thanks! :) I had an idea for a photo and Chromia is too small. I might have to nab one of those Wreck-gars from somewhere.

Handsprime
18th April 2016, 12:22 AM
I was watching Family guy the other day and had noticed how one of the Transformers in the Negatron cutaway gag was Barrage who had never appeared in the G1 cartoon so I was wondering, which G1 characters have appeared in other cartoons, but not in the G1 cartoon?

Borgeman
21st April 2016, 08:10 AM
So given Hasbro and Takara have had some Masterpiece toys (https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8308/7984761514_02c11293d3_z.jpg)release with different paint jobs (http://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/43/r_hasbro-sunstorm-133.jpg), would it be a bad thing to use the Takara versions as the intended character, but rechristen the two Hasbro ones, along with Acid Storm, as the rainmakers?

I think Imma do that :)

Edit: ok so clearly a quick google search shows plenty of peeps have long thought of the same thing... it validates my thoughts then!

GoktimusPrime
2nd May 2016, 03:28 PM
Sunstorm has always been the Yellow Rainmaker to me. Technically they're two separate characters, but I don't care, in the Gokiverse they are one and the same!

I just wish that the blue Rainmaker had been given a name ending with "storm" to maintain consistency -- at least with Acid Storm (who is officially a Rainmaker), if not Sunstorm. I would've loved to have seen "Blizzard Storm." :rolleyes: I suspect that being a blue Seeker, he'd look too similar to Thundercracker for HasTak's liking to justify making this toy.

Jaxius._
2nd May 2016, 06:24 PM
Sunstorm has always been the Yellow Rainmaker to me. Technically they're two separate characters, but I don't care, in the Gokiverse they are one and the same!

They are the same don't tell me otherwise :D

Tober
4th May 2016, 11:26 PM
How do I get the Transformers Collectors Club Exclusives Marvel MP Ratbat without being a member? Is this something BBTS might be carrying?

Sinnertwin
5th May 2016, 07:06 AM
How do I get the Transformers Collectors Club Exclusives Marvel MP Ratbat without being a member? Is this something BBTS might be carrying?

I would assume so, looking back at all of the other subscription figures that they've been carrying. :)

Borgeman
5th May 2016, 08:20 AM

I just wish that the blue Rainmaker had been given a name ending with "storm" to maintain consistency -- at least with Acid Storm (who is officially a Rainmaker), if not Sunstorm. I would've loved to have seen "Blizzard Storm." :rolleyes: I suspect that being a blue Seeker, he'd look too similar to Thundercracker for HasTak's liking to justify making this toy.

Eh, I just looked at the wiki which had said that the other two rainmakers were named via "Ask Vector Prime" sometime last year, so that's enough reason for me to keep Takara MP Sunstorm as Sunstorm, and the Hasbro one in my imagined Rainmaker trio.

Incidentally, I didnt realise how many bloody MP seeker releases there have now been! - and I dont have them all since I dont have the Hasbro MP3 molds.

So counting the G1 coloured MP3 Hasbro Screamer and the Jap release of that toy as one, and doing the same for Eastern and Western Acid Storm releases, that makes it FIFTEEN recoloured/retooled MP Seekers :eek:
And I own 11 of them - Imma have set up a flying armada!

Tober
5th May 2016, 09:05 AM
I would assume so, looking back at all of the other subscription figures that they've been carrying. :)

Cool, thanks Sinner. :)

Krayt
8th May 2016, 09:05 AM
Dilemma time.... Of the first world problem kind

I got the Uw combiners (except Devy) but have kept them sealed due to Hasbro sorting the 5th Limbs out to childhood standards.... And Optimus was already done by Hasbro too

But now I have Grand Galvatron.... To open or not to open? And if I open Galvy, should I open the rest?

Golden Phoenix
8th May 2016, 10:14 AM
Dilemma time.... Of the first world problem kind

I got the Uw combiners (except Devy) but have kept them sealed due to Hasbro sorting the 5th Limbs out to childhood standards.... And Optimus was already done by Hasbro too

But now I have Grand Galvatron.... To open or not to open? And if I open Galvy, should I open the rest?

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7626/26878529975_fea0452b8f.jpg

Mythirax
9th May 2016, 06:34 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7626/26878529975_fea0452b8f.jpg

^

Krayt
14th May 2016, 10:42 AM
Thrust? Not done yet....

And sold out.... So eBay?

BigTransformerTrev
16th May 2016, 10:57 AM
Are eBay sellers allowed to change their postage costs mid auction?'

Just I put a bid on a Titanium Jetfire and got the notice today I had won it. However the postage is nearly $30US and I don't remember it being that much when I put on my bid a week ago.

Borgeman
16th May 2016, 11:51 AM
Are eBay sellers allowed to change their postage costs mid auction?'

Just I put a bid on a Titanium Jetfire and got the notice today I had won it. However the postage is nearly $30US and I don't remember it being that much when I put on my bid a week ago.

I'm assuming since you mentioned USD it is in fact an overseas auction.

When a listing is active, you can check revision on the page, not sure if thats the case after its finished.

One thing is misleading is in the search results, some/all/(not sure exactly) auctions display domestic postage below the current price, and it's not until you inspect the auction page itself proper that the international price to you shows up.
Dunno if that matters at all to you here, but it catches people out.

Otherwise ask ebay to check perhaps

BruiseLee
16th May 2016, 12:29 PM
One thing is misleading is in the search results, some/all/(not sure exactly) auctions display domestic postage below the current price, and it's not until you inspect the auction page itself proper that the international price to you shows up.

Seen this happen quite a number of times. Also not sure if this is all the time as well but I most recently noticed this on a Transformers #1 CGC comic from USA. It was showing at around $19 shipping on my search page and shows the same number on my watch page but when I clicked into the actual listing shipping was about US$75!! :eek: The actual sold price on bid was pretty much just a bit more than it would have cost to ship to Australia and no it wasn't me who won it as I left that auction well alone!

Bladestorm
16th May 2016, 12:55 PM
I find for me the eBay search pages show US shipping and it isn't until I go onto the individual listing page do I get the correct shipping for my location.

The other thing that might have happened is that they have it going through the global shipping program which whacks shipping on top.

Have you msg'd the seller to see what's going on?

BigTransformerTrev
16th May 2016, 02:53 PM
The other thing that might have happened is that they have it going through the global shipping program which whacks shipping on top.

I checked - that's what happened.

Thank goodness I was the only bidder so got him for $10US complete which is a pretty sweet deal

UltraMarginal
16th May 2016, 03:21 PM
I'm assuming since you mentioned USD it is in fact an overseas auction.

When a listing is active, you can check revision on the page, not sure if thats the case after its finished.

Dunno if that matters at all to you here, but it catches people out.

Otherwise ask ebay to check perhaps

Seen this happen quite a number of times. Also not sure if this is all the time as well but I most recently noticed this on a Transformers #1 CGC comic from USA. It was showing at around $19 shipping on my search page and shows the same number on my watch page but when I clicked into the actual listing shipping was about US$75!! :eek: The actual sold price on bid was pretty much just a bit more than it would have cost to ship to Australia and no it wasn't me who won it as I left that auction well alone!

I've almost been caught by this on several occasions. makes looking internationally a bit tricky to say the least.

Verno
16th May 2016, 10:30 PM
Can anyone read Japanese?

http://www.dvandom.com/tv/ax.GIF

Apologies for the size. It's the largest (only) version I can find.

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th May 2016, 10:45 PM
Can anyone read Japanese?

http://www.dvandom.com/tv/ax.GIF

A few of us can, but you'll need a bigger image than that. Japanese characters can be pretty intricate, and changing just one part of a given character can change its meaning entirely.
That image is small/low-resolution enough that メインブリッジ "Main Bridge" looks pretty much the same as メインフリッジ "Main Fridge", and that's one of the larger text sections.
You might be out of luck on this one I'm afraid.:(

griffin
16th May 2016, 10:55 PM
I remember that, because I was wishing there was one done for the Ark as well.
What was it it from?

M-bot
16th May 2016, 11:11 PM
Did the G2 Combaticons come with stickers? If so, are they any different (especially colour-wise) from the stickers for the G1 Combaticons?

Google image search not helpful.

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2016, 11:41 PM
Did the G2 Combaticons come with stickers?
Nope! All their awful decos were painted or tampographed on! :D

Verno
17th May 2016, 08:04 AM
A few of us can, but you'll need a bigger image than that. Japanese characters can be pretty intricate, and changing just one part of a given character can change its meaning entirely.
That image is small/low-resolution enough that メインブリッジ "Main Bridge" looks pretty much the same as メインフリッジ "Main Fridge", and that's one of the larger text sections.
You might be out of luck on this one I'm afraid.:(
I feared as much. Cheers anyway.

I remember that, because I was wishing there was one done for the Ark as well.
What was it it from?
I'm not exactly sure. The Japanese market seemed to have a wealth of great merchandise that we missed out on.