PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Galvatran
27th February 2018, 02:14 PM
Does it appear for you in edit options under user cp?

^^ It should be under 'Edit Options' in the User CP, as BruiseLee said. :)
I looked there and no cigar. Looks like I don't have adequate privileges or been disabled for me. Thanks lads.

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about.
Sometimes ...... I don't know what I'm talking about either ..... But that's nothing new.

griffin
27th February 2018, 04:39 PM
Invisible mode is only available to staff and Deluxe Members.

Paulbot
6th March 2018, 11:12 PM
I know MP designs have got more complex. The last Autobot cars I have played with were Prowl and Sideswipe a few years back now.

Having not yet opened Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Tracks, Hot Rod, Ironhide, Inferno and their retools, should I open Sunstreaker or is it too complex/new and I would be better to work my way there?

UltraMarginal
7th March 2018, 10:40 AM
I know MP designs have got more complex. The last Autobot cars I have played with were Prowl and Sideswipe a few years back now.

Having not yet opened Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Tracks, Hot Rod, Ironhide, Inferno and their retools, should I open Sunstreaker or is it too complex/new and I would be better to work my way there?

Having yet to open sunstreaker myself, I can't offer an opinion. I expect though that if you follow the instructions you'll be fine.

You may however later find the earlier releases a little bland in comparison. the last MP I opened was Grapple and it was a delight to transform even after already having transformed Inferno a few weeks ago. The elegance in the transformation of the masterpiece line in the last year or two has been very enjoyable.

DELTAprime
7th March 2018, 12:21 PM
Sunstreaker is complex but still intuitive.

I almost never use instruction, last time I did was MP36 and I can't remember the last time before that.

Gouki
10th March 2018, 01:48 PM
Are Masterpieces with a 'Long Life Design' sticker legit?

DELTAprime
10th March 2018, 02:14 PM
Are Masterpieces with a 'Long Life Design' sticker legit?

Sticker? No it should be printed on the box not a sticker.

Gouki
10th March 2018, 05:44 PM
Sticker? No it should be printed on the box not a sticker.

To be honest it could have printed on the box, I was in a bit of a rush and I didnt grab a box for closer inspection.

griffin
10th March 2018, 11:13 PM
They've been printing that on the box for the last year of Masterpiece toys, as that toyline won some sort of design award last year.

Personally, I don't like it as it's plain design detracts from the look of the packaging... which is ironic for a design award to look so simple in design.
As an award that is worth promoting proudly on multiple products, I think it should look fancier than something that looks like a company logo doing mere cross-promotion.

DELTAprime
11th March 2018, 06:21 PM
Anyone know of any more backstory on how G1 Bumper came to be other than what's on TFwiki which basically is a big "I don't know"?

griffin
11th March 2018, 07:49 PM
Anyone know of any more backstory on how G1 Bumper came to be other than what's on TFwiki which basically is a big "I don't know"?

If Hasbro has ever come out officially with an explanation, it would be on the tfwiki. As such, I don't think it has, so we just have a lot of stories that come out from as early as the 1990s.
Dirge might know more, as he had a website that detailed info on various early Gen1 toys like this one. I can't access the website, so it might be gone.

DELTAprime
11th March 2018, 08:02 PM
If Hasbro has ever come out officially with an explanation, it would be on the tfwiki. As such, I don't think it has, so we just have a lot of stories that come out from as early as the 1990s.
Dirge might know more, as he had a website that detailed info on various early Gen1 toys like this one. I can't access the website, so it might be gone.

What's the URL of his site?

griffin
11th March 2018, 09:57 PM
What's the URL of his site?

The link to his Bumper page is on that TFwiki page, but his main domain is/was here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/www.cliffbee.com).

His domain is actually named after the alternative name for Bumblejumper, using the other halves of those two Gen1 names.
(it was the less popular of the two fan names for this toy during the 1990s... before Dreamwave gave us Bumper as an official name in 2004)

It is interesting to see that of all of the cult/obscure/fan characters out there who have had a toy made so far, there still hasn't been an official toy, officially packaged with the name Bumper yet, which would make it the only 1984 Transformers toy to not yet have an official homage toy.

UltraMarginal
12th March 2018, 10:33 AM
They've been printing that on the box for the last year of Masterpiece toys, as that toyline won some sort of design award last year.

Personally, I don't like it as it's plain design detracts from the look of the packaging... which is ironic for a design award to look so simple in design.
As an award that is worth promoting proudly on multiple products, I think it should look fancier than something that looks like a company logo doing mere cross-promotion.

That's the irony of 'design' awards sometimes they consider the simplicity the elegance in the design. :D

Jetfire in the sky
12th March 2018, 02:29 PM

This is a bot broader but should get you on the path of finding out more.

http://fredsworkshop.com/vminibots.html

DELTAprime
13th March 2018, 08:30 PM
Is MPM Optimus one of those toys I should never transform?

He seems more complex than MP36, I transformed Megatron once and said never again.

griffin
13th March 2018, 09:02 PM
You should transform all of your toys at least once, or else it wastes it main gimmick (if it converts)... otherwise you might as well just buy a statue, or leave them sealed in box.

MPM Optimus is one that probably needs instructions first time you do it, as it seems to have a lot of fiddly bits that lock together really strongly, and the weaker parts would probably break if you try to pull things apart that shouldn't come apart, just to try to work out what does come apart in the transformation.
(I haven't finished transforming mine yet... I managed to move some parts, but got stuck working out what moves next, and didn't want to force anything as it felt too fragile - unlike Generations, which are sturdier or have pop-out parts, and cheaper to replace if you break it.)

DELTAprime
14th March 2018, 09:20 PM
Is MPM Optimus one of those toys I should never transform?

He seems more complex than MP36, I transformed Megatron once and said never again.

You should transform all of your toys at least once, or else it wastes it main gimmick (if it converts)... otherwise you might as well just buy a statue, or leave them sealed in box.

MPM Optimus is one that probably needs instructions first time you do it, as it seems to have a lot of fiddly bits that lock together really strongly, and the weaker parts would probably break if you try to pull things apart that shouldn't come apart, just to try to work out what does come apart in the transformation.
(I haven't finished transforming mine yet... I managed to move some parts, but got stuck working out what moves next, and didn't want to force anything as it felt too fragile - unlike Generations, which are sturdier or have pop-out parts, and cheaper to replace if you break it.)

So I took a shot at transforming him. I thought I'd take a look at his movable parts before looking at the instructions, and in the end I transformed him completely from robot to truck and back without the instructions. He seems super complex and fragile at first glance, but I found him very logical and nothing seemed overly fragile. That said there is one part on him that didn't move, one of the bases of the truck mode smoke stacks seems like it will break if I force it despite the mirrored part on the other side being fine.

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2018, 08:46 AM
What was the RRP for the RID Crash Combiners?

tinyJazz
24th March 2018, 10:06 PM
Is Hasbro TFA Sentinel Prime’s lance made out of hard or soft plastic? I think the bendy one belongs to the Takara version but I can’t tell from pics online.

Bidoofdude
25th March 2018, 01:47 AM
Is Hasbro TFA Sentinel Prime’s lance made out of hard or soft plastic? I think the bendy one belongs to the Takara version but I can’t tell from pics online.

Tfwiki says the Takara uses a soft plastic, while Hasbro is hard.

tinyJazz
25th March 2018, 04:23 AM
Tfwiki says the Takara uses a soft plastic, while Hasbro is hard.

Haha I can’t believe I didn’t think to check the wiki. Thanks bidoof!

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2018, 11:49 AM
Can confirm that Hasbro's is hard.

DELTAprime
25th March 2018, 07:47 PM
Can confirm that Hasbro's is hard.

Taking that out of context would be so amusing.:p

CHILENO20
25th March 2018, 10:30 PM
Taking that out of context would be so amusing.:p

Buahahahahaha!!!

UltraMarginal
26th March 2018, 10:52 AM
What was the RRP for the RID Crash Combiners?

Everywhere I've seen the 5 pack combiners they've been 59.99, the 2 packs I can't remember exactly but I have a feeling they are 19.99, which is a bit rich.

philby
26th March 2018, 05:48 PM
Is there a binaltech or alternity figure using the Nissan 370z car shape?

tinyJazz
26th March 2018, 07:53 PM
Is there a binaltech or alternity figure using the Nissan 370z car shape?

Looks like Alternity Megatron does.

philby
27th March 2018, 08:50 AM
Thanks 😊

ZoonMaster5000
27th March 2018, 04:39 PM
Anyone bought of the hong kong yahoo auction before! if so did you use an on forwarder. Trying to figure out a way to pretend Im from Hk

DELTAprime
29th March 2018, 10:37 PM
Just double checking... Is it correct that we never got a Takara Legends Fracas or Nightstick?

I really want a Fracas to give to LG Scourge and a Legends styled Nightstick would be nice just to have a complete set even though I have Henkei Cyclonus that comes with a Nightstick.

Trent
29th March 2018, 10:54 PM
If one was to be looking to purchase the 86 movie on blu ray, which release is considered to be the best? I understand there are a few out there.

griffin
30th March 2018, 02:36 PM
Just double checking... Is it correct that we never got a Takara Legends Fracas or Nightstick?

I really want a Fracas to give to LG Scourge and a Legends styled Nightstick would be nice just to have a complete set even though I have Henkei Cyclonus that comes with a Nightstick.

Not yet... but if TT eventually do Artfire and Stepper (from the POTP Jazz and Inferno), they would be doing their Targetmaster guns, which are identical (not even redecos) of Nightstick and Fracas.
As such, they wouldn't release them twice, to give fans TM guns for both Autobots and both Decepticons.

philby
31st March 2018, 12:01 PM
If one was to be looking to purchase the 86 movie on blu ray, which release is considered to be the best? I understand there are a few out there.

If you search for the anniversary Blu ray you might get more correct info. I THINK that there are only 2 Blu ray releases. We got one in Australia a while ago. Then there was also the more recent anniversary edition which came out overseas from a new transfer. I have both but have not watched the anniversary edition yet.

I'm not sure what to recommend if you have neither but they would both be improvements over a DVD release

DELTAprime
31st March 2018, 08:24 PM
I got the Madman release from a few years back. It's a good transfer of the movie from what I can tell. https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/family/transformers-the-animated-movie/251451/

The other version from a few years ago is Sony's release, I don't know anything about it. But it's not the best to track down due to cost and I believe it's the same transfer as Madman's but with less bonuses.

There is a more recent reissue of the '86 movie for the 30th anniversary last year. It's a new transfer captured at 4k, but of course standard Blu-rays are only 1080p so that doesn't help much. Also it's only been released in America and I believe it's region locked like all Hasbro Transformers properties. https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Limited-Anniversary-Steelbook-Blu-ray/dp/B01HHGAIHE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1522487750&sr=8-2&keywords=transformers+the+movie+30th+anniversary&dpID=51jW8ksmxxL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I'd personally either grab the older Madman release since it's still available at JB Hifi for $24, or start hounding Madman to release the new 30th Anniversary Blu-ray.

Trent
2nd April 2018, 06:32 PM
Cheers guys. I’ll just go the JB version.

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2018, 09:09 PM

My TR Scourge is holding my United Fracas.
https://image.ibb.co/bL2Oun/TR_scourge08.jpg

P.S.: I've been told that the toy I've got that I thought was TR Seaspray is not TR Seaspray. :eek: :confused: Could someone please help me identify this toy. It came packaged on a TR Seaspray card which I got from The Little Toy Company.
https://image.ibb.co/cuHBWk/TR_seaspray01.jpg

DELTAprime
2nd April 2018, 09:40 PM
https://image.ibb.co/bL2Oun/TR_scourge08.jpg

Yeah but that Fracas is not in the style of the Legends Targetmasters. I want a Legends Fracas and Nightstick.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

P.S.: I've been told that the toy I've got that I thought was TR Seaspray is not TR Seaspray. :eek: :confused: Could someone please help me identify this toy. It came packaged on a TR Seaspray card which I got from The Little Toy Company.
https://image.ibb.co/cuHBWk/TR_seaspray01.jpg

Funny har har.:p

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2018, 10:01 PM
Funny har har.:p
It was a serious question. I always use emoticons if I'm being sarcastic or whatnot. No emoticon = serious question or statement.

griffin
2nd April 2018, 10:45 PM
Are you unable to recognise Seaspray, or you are baiting, which is a violation of the board rules...

Either option doesn't make you look very good to others.

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2018, 11:03 PM
Are you unable to recognise Seaspray, or you are baiting, which is a violation of the board rules...

My question was genuine and not intended to bait a negative response. I was informed in the Random TF thoughts thread that I do NOT own Titans Return Seaspray...

You obviously don't have Seaspray. He is a much bigger vehicle than other Legends class figures.
I thought that I could recognise Seaspray, but now I've had doubts seeded in my mind so I came seeking clarification (e.g. is this a counterfeit? Something else?) <---This was my intention.

DELTAprime
2nd April 2018, 11:43 PM

Well at least I'm getting a chuckle out of his little joke.

SuspectimusPrime
3rd April 2018, 10:40 AM
My question was genuine and not intended to bait a negative response. I was informed in the Random TF thoughts thread that I do NOT own Titans Return Seaspray...

Since this is a genuine request, just line up the one you received from TLTS with other popular moulds you already own. I don't see how TR Seaspray is "much bigger" than the others of the same class. http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/06/tfw2005s-titans-return-seaspray-gallery-340822

I thought that I could recognise Seaspray, but now I've had doubts seeded in my mind so I came seeking clarification (e.g. is this a counterfeit? Something else?) <---This was my intention.

In case you believe you've been given a third party fig... none of the prominent third party iterations look anything like Hasbro's:
Toyworld Wavebreak https://www.tfsource.com/toyworld/TW-M08-wavebreak/
MakeToys Hover https://www.tfsource.com/maketoys/bomber-hover/
FanToys Spindrift https://tfsource.com/fanstoys/ft-27-spindrift/
X-Transbot Neptune https://www.tfsource.com/xtransbots/mm-xII-neptune/
i-Gear Spray https://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/2846/
- Had no idea that the market for third party not-Seasprays was so darn competitive.

TLTS does not seem to have sold any KO's. Also, judging from this quick search query and the lack of KO forum topics, there doesn't seem to be any KO's of the official Hasbro mould - because if some Chinese factory did choose to make an elaborate high-quality Seaspray, which means it was not produce cheaply, then I'd assume they would have tried to market it heavily to much larger markets than Australia first to max their sales. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=transformers+ko+seaspray&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU761AU761&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii_-OX7JzaAhWIgLwKHbzNBooQ_AUICSgA&biw=1280&bih=614&dpr=1.5

GoktimusPrime
3rd April 2018, 10:45 PM
Thank you, Suspectimus. Much appreciated.

Skullcruncher
4th April 2018, 02:09 PM

I wonder about the state our community when someone who I assumed very knowledgeable about all things transformers is serious about stuff like this. It really does make me not want to interact with other collectors at all.

FatalityPitt
4th April 2018, 05:04 PM

It was a serious question. I always use emoticons if I'm being sarcastic or whatnot. No emoticon = serious question or statement.

No one's actually mad right? You're all being facetious?

He said he uses emoticons when he's joking.. Well, I saw emoticons..

(... so hard to tell if people are joking when it's all mostly text on a screen)

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2018, 06:58 PM
Getting seriously off topic. Suspectimus has answered my query now, so let's move forwards onto something more constructive/relevant.

He said he uses emoticons when he's joking.. Well, I saw emoticons..
I was not aware that emoticons expressing surprise :eek: and confusion :confused: denoted joviality. I shall try to be more specific in future.

https://image.ibb.co/dmBfcH/meme_nowreturn.jpg

Bidoofdude
13th April 2018, 10:52 AM
No wave 2 POTP sightings yet?

griffin
13th April 2018, 11:27 AM
Nope... and wave 3 Deluxe was just found in New Zealand today, and they didn't get wave 2 either... which doesn't look good for us (or those with half teams of Dinobots and Terrorcons).

DarkHyren
17th April 2018, 12:05 PM
I was looking at getting season one of RiD15 on DVD.
JBHiFi has four different options (ONE (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/446901/), TWO (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/603419/), THREE (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/761671/), FOUR (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1-special-edition/951367/))
Other then price, what's the difference between them?

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2018, 01:54 PM
Could someone please post a link or images of what the RID Season 3 DVD covers look like? Thanks.

griffin
17th April 2018, 02:59 PM
Could someone please post a link or images of what the RID Season 3 DVD covers look like? Thanks.

Only one volume released so far.... link and pictures here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25367).

griffin
17th April 2018, 03:09 PM
I was looking at getting season one of RiD15 on DVD.
JBHiFi has four different options (ONE (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/446901/), TWO (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/603419/), THREE (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1/761671/), FOUR (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-childrens/transformers-robots-in-disguise-season-1-special-edition/951367/))
Other then price, what's the difference between them?

The episodes and formats would all be the same (26 episodes in standard DVD format)... it just looks like both versions (DVD only, and DVD with Figurine) have had a second release in the last year.

ONE and THREE are just the cartoon episodes, with ONE released in 2015 and THREE released in 2017.

TWO and FOUR are the episodes packed with a figurine of Optimus, with TWO being released in 2018 (only a couple weeks ago) and FOUR being released in 2016.
As to why TWO is so much more expensive than FOUR... no idea. They appear to be identical, so maybe the got the second batch really cheap and their inventory system is telling them it is "different" to the first batch, so have kept them at different prices.
The same is probably the case for ONE and THREE, as the newer release is a fair bit cheaper than the first release in 2015.

If you don't want the Optimus figurine, buy number ONE, for $15 (on sale at the moment.
If you did want the figurine, buy number TWO, for $30.

DarkHyren
17th April 2018, 04:16 PM
hmm well the one I marked THREE says "Collectors Edition" on the cover, so wondering what makes it for collectors.
I think FOUR might be THREE just with the pop, like how TWO is ONE with the pop, but not certain.
Hopefully someone has the "Collectors Edition" and can say what makes it so collectible.
PS: I mentioned it here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=585669&postcount=481) but the pop version (probably the one marked TWO in my previous post) is $15 at Target so price isnt really any issue, just trying to find out if there are any other differences between the versions.

Paulbot
17th April 2018, 06:17 PM
I have THREE the Collector’s edition. It has nothing special compared to the other releases except for a box around the four individual dvd releases. ONE looks like the single case release (seen in Griffin’s second pic here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25367

I threw the box away.

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2018, 02:26 AM
If anyone ever wanted to know how to correctly pronounce the names of the G1 Trainbots, I've made this quick pronunciation video guide here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVhk5bMhLU).

DarkHyren
18th April 2018, 06:39 AM
I have THREE the Collector’s edition. It has nothing special compared to the other releases except for a box around the four individual dvd releases. ONE looks like the single case release (seen in Griffin’s second pic here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=25367

I threw the box away.Cheers, from the picture on JB wasnt sure if it was a slipcover over a tin or a lenticular cover or what, that clears up a lot, thanks :)

Galvatran
18th April 2018, 07:04 PM
I wonder about the state our community when someone who I assumed very knowledgeable about all things transformers is serious about stuff like this. It really does make me not want to interact with other collectors at all.
The state of our community is sound. One outliar doesn't skew the outcome.

SharkyMcShark
20th April 2018, 02:45 PM
The state of our community is sound. One outliar doesn't skew the outcome.

Freudian Slip? :D

Galvatran
21st April 2018, 03:11 PM
Freudian Slip? :D
I had to look that up. :D

Freudian Slip (noun):
an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.

DELTAprime
24th April 2018, 07:38 PM
Is it just me or has TF news been few and far between lately?:rolleyes:

Seraphim Prime
27th April 2018, 02:00 PM
Is it just me or has TF news been few and far between lately?:rolleyes:

It's the post Toy-fare pre-SDCC lull.

Hasbro have pretty much revealed the rest of the line for the year. Next year will either be a SDCC reveal or a Toyfair showing.

Skullcruncher
2nd May 2018, 03:20 PM
Anyone have any idea what these are? Not sure if they contain stickers/cards or maybe some sort of wafer/cracker.

http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/4f/91/25/3322c0844108304.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3322c0844108304) http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/f1/04/3b/a53afb844108314.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a53afb844108314)

UltraMarginal
2nd May 2018, 04:29 PM
or maybe temporary tattoos?

TAAUBlaster
2nd May 2018, 05:27 PM
Anyone have any idea what these are? Not sure if they contain stickers/cards or maybe some sort of wafer/cracker.

http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/4f/91/25/3322c0844108304.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3322c0844108304) http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/f1/04/3b/a53afb844108314.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a53afb844108314)

I know the katakana "チューインガム" means chewing gum. I'm having trouble reading the rest because I get an error trying to load the full size pictures (and my eyes aren't good enough to see the small pics well :p)
I'd say its probably gum and a card or something.

GoktimusPrime
2nd May 2018, 09:11 PM
Can confirm that it is indeed chewing gum. The rest of the text goes on about the benefits of chewing gum - nothing TF related though.

Skullcruncher
3rd May 2018, 09:32 AM
Thanks very much guys, was hoping there was a sticker or card inside! They can go back in a box for a few more years :D

UltraMarginal
3rd May 2018, 09:37 AM
by now it probably is a card of chewing gum...

Skullcruncher
3rd May 2018, 01:07 PM
by now it probably is a card of chewing gum...

Feels kind of mushy actually, unlike the G1 trading card gum that I opened which was basically concrete!

GoktimusPrime
4th May 2018, 10:26 AM
Oh soz, the front of the packet states that this gum was included with a plastic model kit.

Skullcruncher
5th May 2018, 08:31 PM
Oh soz, the front of the packet states that this gum was included with a plastic model kit.

Ah good to know, makes sense, thanks!

Trent
13th May 2018, 01:47 PM
Is there anywhere one can obtain a reasonably priced CW Devastator these days?

Jetfire in the sky
14th May 2018, 02:07 PM
Is there anywhere one can obtain a reasonably priced CW Devastator these days?

PM sent.

DELTAprime
22nd May 2018, 08:48 PM
Anyone know when POTP Wave 3 is meant to go on sale in the US?

DELTAprime
1st June 2018, 08:01 PM
Anyone have an educated guess as to how big the biggest Beast Wars MPs would be if TT stick to the same scale? (IE: Tigerhawk, TM2 Megatron, etc.)

Jetfire in the sky
2nd June 2018, 10:31 AM
Anyone have an educated guess as to how big the biggest Beast Wars MPs would be if TT stick to the same scale? (IE: Tigerhawk, TM2 Megatron, etc.)

I reckon the new Megatron release will have to be one of the biggest, if they did bring out a TM2 Dragon then it may be a little bigger buy I'd say there is a slim chance they would tackle that. (would be nice to be wrong on that one though)
The size of releases would likely range between Cheetor and Megatron I reckon. Its been years since I watched the cartoon but from memory that was about the size range wasn't it, oh if they did Rattrap then he would be smaller I guess.

Paulbot
2nd June 2018, 10:41 AM
Im sure Verno posted some of the Beast Wars size charts here but search isn’t helping me, so check out this post for some clues if the MP toy heights were accurate to the show.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/unofficial-beast-wars-scale-chart.1075068/

ReximusPrimal
2nd June 2018, 03:33 PM
has anyone bought from sirtoys before? i wanna get something but dont know about postage
the figure weighs about 200 grams

thanks

DELTAprime
3rd June 2018, 05:56 PM
What do you guys think the odds are of a new CHUG mould for Inferno, Grapple and Artfire?

I never really liked the Universe 2.0 mould and the POTP Inferno is just a repaint of Hotspot.

UltraMarginal
4th June 2018, 01:37 PM
What do you guys think the odds are of a new CHUG mould for Inferno, Grapple and Artfire?

I never really liked the Universe 2.0 mould and the POTP Inferno is just a repaint of Hotspot.

I'd say slim to none, to be honest I'm surprised they did a repaint of hotspot. It has been a while and I'd guess that Hasbro consider this repaint enough of a new version of the character to group him with all the other 'non-combining' G1 characters we got in the last couple years that already had a decent Generations representation.

With the exception of not having a ladder I thought the Universe 2.0 inferno was a great modernisation .

DELTAprime
28th June 2018, 01:24 PM
Aside from Omega Supreme, Scorponok, Black Zarak and Metro Titan are there any other obvious characters from G1 for HasTak to do in Titan Class?

FatalityPitt
28th June 2018, 03:09 PM
Aside from Omega Supreme, Scorponok, Black Zarak and Metro Titan are there any other obvious characters from G1 for HasTak to do in Titan Class?

The Guardian robots were blue and white versions of Omega Supreme, though they were more like drones than actual characters. Only other character I can think of is Raiden/Trainbots, since the likes of Predaking and Devastator got Titan class figures.

Galvatran
28th June 2018, 04:07 PM
Broadside

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th June 2018, 04:38 PM
Aside from Omega Supreme, Scorponok, Black Zarak and Metro Titan are there any other obvious characters from G1 for HasTak to do in Titan Class?Unicron and Primus.

DELTAprime
28th June 2018, 05:07 PM
Unicron and Primus.

Forgot about them. Still I wouldn't say no to an even bigger size class for Unicron at least.:p

ReximusPrimal
28th June 2018, 10:10 PM

Hopefully one day a tidal wave like from the ps2 game
But with the Tamara deco

DELTAprime
3rd July 2018, 08:51 PM
So it looks like the Micron/Armada Unicron is getting reissued again. I've been meaning to pick up that mould for some time but in G1 colours.

Which G1 deco of that mould do you guys feel is most accurate? Opinion seems to be divided between Hasbro and Takara's late 2000's G1 redos.

ReximusPrimal
4th July 2018, 08:00 PM
So it looks like the Micron/Armada Unicron is getting reissued again. I've been meaning to pick up that mould for some time but in G1 colours.

Which G1 deco of that mould do you guys feel is most accurate? Opinion seems to be divided between Hasbro and Takara's late 2000's G1 redos.

the 2010 takara reissue of unicron but he goes for 500$ :(

morg176
9th July 2018, 01:21 AM
Was trying to design my own (scramble city style) limb bots.cant tell from photos and cant seem to find the info anywhere, but what is the basic torso cube sise of the limbs. There seems to be a constant for both the head stack and the torso/chest 'cube' with verying embellishments.

Thankyou for any help

The head stack looks to be 5mm square, can anyone confirm?

BigTransformerTrev
9th July 2018, 10:59 AM
How does one change the name of a thread? Since the POTP online cartoon miniseries has ended, I thought I would add a review of it into the thread that reviews the Titans Return cartoon rather than starting a whole new thread.

UltraMarginal
9th July 2018, 11:08 AM
Was trying to design my own (scramble city style) limb bots.cant tell from photos and cant seem to find the info anywhere, but what is the basic torso cube sise of the limbs. There seems to be a constant for both the head stack and the torso/chest 'cube' with verying embellishments.

Thankyou for any help

The head stack looks to be 5mm square, can anyone confirm?

maybe buy a couple junkers so you can make some reliable measurements.

you can get a small set of Vernier callipers pretty cheap on eBay also.

griffin
9th July 2018, 09:32 PM
How does one change the name of a thread? Since the POTP online cartoon miniseries has ended, I thought I would add a review of it into the thread that reviews the Titans Return cartoon rather than starting a whole new thread.

Staff can change topic titles... which has now been done with that one.

morg176
10th July 2018, 11:26 AM
maybe buy a couple junkers so you can make some reliable measurements.

you can get a small set of Vernier callipers pretty cheap on eBay also.

I already have the callipers : )
Maybe if anyone knows the post size of the head stack, it looks to be 5mm or 6mm. Can anyone confirm? I can calculate most of what I need from photos on the net but I need a stsrting reference point.

:D:D

BigTransformerTrev
10th July 2018, 07:34 PM
Staff can change topic titles... which has now been done with that one.

Very kind :)

Now I had better get on and actually write something :p

DELTAprime
15th July 2018, 06:24 PM
What does the word "micros" mean in the jingle "Micromaster Transformers, the most incredible micros of all"?

As far as I know Micromasters were the only toys in the line to use the term micro so I'm not sure what they are comparing them to with micros in the jingle.

i_amtrunks
15th July 2018, 07:44 PM
Maybe micro machines???

Paulbot
15th July 2018, 07:56 PM
Definitely a dig at Micro Machines. Even the original packaging was an imitation of Micro Machine toys.

“They’re not just small” -> also a dig at the Micro Machines that were just small.

DELTAprime
15th July 2018, 08:19 PM
Ok, according to Google Micro Machines were small toy cars. I learnt something! (or maybe just remembered a long suppressed childhood memory). Cause all I ever remembered of Micro Machines were Star Wars and Star Trek toys. I had a ton of Micro Machines Star Wars and Star Trek ships and fighters.

Paulbot
15th July 2018, 09:36 PM
Ok, according to Google Micro Machines were small toy cars. I learnt something! (or maybe just remembered a long suppressed childhood memory). Cause all I ever remembered of Micro Machines were Star Wars and Star Trek toys. I had a ton of Micro Machines Star Wars and Star Trek ships and fighters.

Yep in the late 80s, Micro Machines were all sorts of small vehicles, released in multi packs (just like Hasbro emulated). They were very popular when I was in primary school but I just cared about the Transformers.

Autocon
15th July 2018, 10:30 PM
I tried selling all my micro machines on here lol. I did eventually sell them all, only have my military ones left. They developed heaps of playsets and veichles that opened up with mini figures inside. Now hasbro own micro machines. :p

I did dioramas of my military micro machines and the small legion figures. I thought the mini figures matched up well with the mini tfs.

UltraMarginal
16th July 2018, 10:44 AM
I have a fair few micromachines, I really liked them, but I think my parents present budget skewed towards transformers, which I'm fine with.

shockNwave
16th July 2018, 09:12 PM

How about Thunderwing. He's epic in the Stormbringer graphic novel and Transformers Prime the game.

Trent
16th July 2018, 09:58 PM
Apart from City Commander/Ultra Magnus, has an unofficial third party transformers design element ever been incorporated into an official toy/design?

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th July 2018, 10:50 AM
Apart from City Commander/Ultra Magnus, has an unofficial third party transformers design element ever been incorporated into an official toy/design?Not a toy design, but the Earth Wars Predacons look a lot like the MMC Feralcons.

I think there are a few other examples, but I can't remember them...

UltraMarginal
17th July 2018, 11:24 AM
Apart from City Commander/Ultra Magnus, has an unofficial third party transformers design element ever been incorporated into an official toy/design?

do you mean, where an element of the third party toy is later used in an official design? What part/element of City commander has since been used by Hastak for UltraMagnus?

Perhaps the upgrade kit Fans Project did for Hot Rod. The latest PotP rodimus is a bit like that.

I never bought those military limbs that were designed to go with the power core combiners (I came very close) but they may have elements that might be similar to the execution of combiner wars.

DELTAprime
17th July 2018, 12:17 PM

do you mean, where an element of the third party toy is later used in an official design? What part/element of City commander has since been used by Hastak for UltraMagnus?

Perhaps the upgrade kit Fans Project did for Hot Rod. The latest PotP rodimus is a bit like that.

I never bought those military limbs that were designed to go with the power core combiners (I came very close) but they may have elements that might be similar to the execution of combiner wars.

Yeah as someone that has City Commander and two CC repaints and both Hasbro and Takara Leader Ultra Magnus I don't see elements carried over by the HasTak team at all.

Trent
17th July 2018, 04:47 PM
I mean like how City Commander had 2 missiles on each shoulder, which was then incorporated into CW Ultra Magnus. Also are there any engineering elements that first showed up on a third party toy but later appeared on official stuff.

Also the as yet unreleased Imaginarium Devastator statue is a direct copy of MakeToys Green Giant. Third Party Transformers have been commonplace for so long now that I'm wondering if any "cross contamination" has occured.

DELTAprime
17th July 2018, 05:57 PM
If anyone lifted design elements from City Commander it was IDW as CW Leader Mangus is an IDW design.

As for engineering being copied it's probably a matter of there are only a certain number of ways to design a Transformer without resorting to MP level engineering.

As for a licenced product using a third party design, I bet Hasbro has probably told them to redesign it hence why it's not been released.

Trent
17th July 2018, 09:35 PM
If anyone lifted design elements from City Commander it was IDW as CW Leader Mangus is an IDW design.

As for engineering being copied it's probably a matter of there are only a certain number of ways to design a Transformer without resorting to MP level engineering.

As for a licenced product using a third party design, I bet Hasbro has probably told them to redesign it hence why it's not been released.

Not arguing that CW Magnus is heavily based off IDW. But whoever designed IDW Magnus obviously had a City Commander in the room at the time.

As for the Devi statue, Imaginairium Art last showed an update in May, so it's probably still happening.

I only thought to ask these questions because the unofficial market has been around for quite a while now and has grown significantly. I have been wondering in what ways Hasbro and Takara have adapted around this market, if at all.

DELTAprime
17th July 2018, 09:45 PM
Officially they rightly want to sue the third party market into oblivion, but the third parties incorporate in China where the courts are a joke and don't care about international copyright law.

Beyond that Hasbro have never said anything and anything beyond that is speculation.

Trent
17th July 2018, 09:57 PM
Officially they rightly want to sue the third party market into oblivion, but the third parties incorporate in China where the courts are a joke and don't care about international copyright law.

Beyond that Hasbro have never said anything and anything beyond that is speculation.

I'm not debating the legalities of it and ofcourse Hasbro have never said anything. It's simply a question of observations. I noticed something and wondered if anyone else had noticed similar things like:

Not a toy design, but the Earth Wars Predacons look a lot like the MMC Feralcons.

I think there are a few other examples, but I can't remember them...

Thanks Ode, I don't play Earth Wars so didn't know about that one.

So it does happen from time to time, probably mainly by accident.

Paulbot
17th July 2018, 11:29 PM
A couple of third party toys have been used as reference by (non-regular) artists on IDW comics. A third party Gears and Huffer showed up on a cover of MTMTE, Rodimus and Drift's vehicle modes were drawn based on third party toys in a recent Lost Light issue.

UltraMarginal
18th July 2018, 01:14 PM
you could argue that G2 laser ultra magnus (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:G2toy-LaserUltraMagnus.jpg)was the first to have twin shoulder launchers.

I think I see where you're going there. The line has certainly blurred a bit with characters in the comics like the members of the DJD.

DELTAprime
18th July 2018, 04:28 PM
Anyone have HFTD Hubcap? Just wondering how he compares to modern Legends figures of the season 3 Minibots?

prjkt
18th July 2018, 10:06 PM
Anyone have HFTD Hubcap? Just wondering how he compares to modern Legends figures of the season 3 Minibots?

Great figure, but a little out of place with classics-verse figures

Actually got the reprolabels set to turn him into G2 Volt for my neoG2 shelf

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2018, 11:15 AM
Great figure, but a little out of place with classics-verse figures

Actually got the reprolabels set to turn him into G2 Volt for my neoG2 shelf

I did this too. He's perfect as a Volt stand in. :)

DELTAprime
21st July 2018, 06:14 PM
So G1 Monstructor was made of the 6 inner bots of 6 Pretenders and was very tiny.

If you guys had to design a modern CHUG Monstructor that pays tribute to the Pretender gimmick and the 6 inner bots while allowing the modern combined form to be at least CW 5 piece combiner in height how would pull this off?

CHILENO20
21st July 2018, 07:20 PM
So G1 Monstructor was made of the 6 inner bots of 6 Pretenders and was very tiny.

If you guys had to design a modern CHUG Monstructor that pays tribute to the Pretender gimmick and the 6 inner bots while allowing the modern combined form to be at least CW 5 piece combiner in height how would pull this off?

Is this a scratch built, pre existing moulds or new moulds question?

DELTAprime
21st July 2018, 07:37 PM
Is this a scratch built, pre existing moulds or new moulds question?

Imagine you were a HasTak employee designing a new Monstructor. How would you do it while meeting the criteria?

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st July 2018, 08:16 PM
It's sort-of a cheat, but you could do Prime Master/Titan-master sized 'core' bots that could slot into Deluxe-sized combining bots (based on the inner robots with remolds as necessary) and the current Legends-sized Decoy Armor toys in the shape of the old G1 shells.

Other than that I can't see how you could make it work.

Paulbot
21st July 2018, 09:20 PM
Six deluxes, each comes with a Titan Master that becomes the robot head and fits inside an accompanying "Decoy Monster" (like the Prime Master) that also becomes a weapon for the deluxe.

Four are retools:
Bristleback - retool of Potp Sinnertwin
Icepick - retool of Potp Blot
Wildfly - retool of Potp Cutthroat
Scowl - retool of Potp Blot

Two are new:
Slog - new figure, becomes head, shoulders and chest of the combiner, also comes with the robot fists
Birdbrain - new figure, becomes torso and legs of the combiner, also comes with the robot legs

I would do Dinoking differently though, mostly repaints with new heads and just the robots turning into the dinosaurs of their shells

Goryu - repaint of Potp Grimlock
Kakuryu - repaint of Potp Slag
Yokuryu - repaint of Potp Swoop
Rairyu - repaint of Potp Sludge
Doryu - repatint of Potp Snarl

Gairyu - a new Legends sized figure, possibly a retool of Shrapnel, that could attach to Goryu

Autocon
22nd July 2018, 09:50 PM
Have beast wars figures gone up in price or is it just me? Ive been looking over ebay etc and for several months they seem to have increased.

GoktimusPrime
23rd July 2018, 12:40 AM
Moral of the Story: Don't use eBay. ;) :p :D

DELTAprime
23rd July 2018, 04:45 PM
Have beast wars figures gone up in price or is it just me? Ive been looking over ebay etc and for several months they seem to have increased.

I just had a look and honestly the prices seem fairly normal on BW.

Gouki
27th July 2018, 07:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm super depressed being stuck in Townsville. It's not fun. So. I'm thinking of doing an afterpay order for some Transformers and came across robotoyz.net and was thinking "hmmm, is this to good to be true?" Their Facebook page a has good reviews but that means nothing ultimately.

Can anybody endorse this lot? https://www.robotoyz.net/

UltraMarginal
27th July 2018, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm super depressed being stuck in Townsville. It's not fun. So. I'm thinking of doing an afterpay order for some Transformers and came across robotoyz.net and was thinking "hmmm, is this to good to be true?" Their Facebook page a has good reviews but that means nothing ultimately.

Can anybody endorse this lot? https://www.robotoyz.net/

I've heard of them, but I'm yet to use them myself. I'm currently pretty happy with toybotimportz and the little toy company, supplemented with anime export and local bricks and mortar purchases.

Gouki
28th July 2018, 10:19 AM
Since none of those stores have Afterpay, AND big W and Target won't let you choose your Transformers I got Figuarts instead.

Galvatran
28th July 2018, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, I'm super depressed being stuck in Townsville. It's not fun.
What do you mean 'stuck'. With weather in the mid to high 20's (thanks google), sure beats the winter in Melbourne or Rat. Chin up Gouki. :)

I stupidly decided to walk to work from my hotel a few weeks ago. It was minus 3 degrees Celsius.

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2018, 05:00 PM
Were you able to organise a fan meet?

Gouki
28th July 2018, 05:40 PM
What do you mean 'stuck'. With weather in the mid to high 20's (thanks google), sure beats the winter in Melbourne or Rat. Chin up Gouki. :)

I stupidly decided to walk to work from my hotel a few weeks ago. It was minus 3 degrees Celsius.

Townsville is a horrible place with no weather variance, terrible drivers, lazy store opening hours and a not overly intelligent population. There is no public transport. It is too far away from everything. The only place it's not worse than is Swan Hill. There are like three Big Ws here and I still don't expect to see anything beyond Wave 1 of Power of the Primes for another six months. The libraries books are literally falling apart.

I would rather be in Melbourne. I would rathe be in Bendigo. I can handle the cold. Negative temperatures? Please. That's nothing. Its easier to get warm than cool down.

Galvatran
28th July 2018, 06:42 PM
Townsville is a horrible place with no weather variance, terrible drivers, lazy store opening hours and a not overly intelligent population. There is no public transport. It is too far away from everything. The only place it's not worse than is Swan Hill. There are like three Big Ws here and I still don't expect to see anything beyond Wave 1 of Power of the Primes for another six months. The libraries books are literally falling apart.
Don't hold back. :p

Jetfire in the sky
29th July 2018, 06:50 PM

I would rather be in Melbourne. I would rathe be in Bendigo. I can handle the cold. Negative temperatures? Please. That's nothing. Its easier to get warm than cool down.

Looks like we got some sort of city folk here missing their fancy trains, trams and soy lattes BTT, Townsville and Swan Hill smashed in one paragraph. Should we tune up the band or let it slide. :D:D

Also, who the F goes to a library? :eek:

CHILENO20
29th July 2018, 09:42 PM

My partner coz she hates whats on TV. Plus, it gives our little one a chance to play with other kids :cool:

UltraMarginal
30th July 2018, 11:40 AM
yea, most libraries do this weekly thing called rhyme time, for parents and kids. It's pretty good and interactive. very challenging if you are trying to handle twins though. My wife hasn't taken the kids in a while now, it's just too hard.

Gouki
30th July 2018, 05:49 PM
Looks like we got some sort of city folk here missing their fancy trains, trams and soy lattes BTT, Townsville and Swan Hill smashed in one paragraph. Should we tune up the band or let it slide. :D:D

Considering my favourite places in Australia are Ballarat and The Grampians and I don't drink coffee... good to see those Country assumptions are as with the times as ever. :P (Also, come on, don't be that guy that defends Swan Hill. Only people who will never ever leave Swan Hill defend Swan Hill, and I'd hate to think there was another Transformers fan there that I ignored for a year--I made one friend in Target because I wouldn't let him badmouth the Switch without playing it. ;)) I will admit. I like the Infamous Geek, and I went to Cactus Jack the other night.

Library memberships have actually been on the rise for years, I was getting ready to start my library studies course to become a librarian which I can't do up here, and you can get everything from comics to rare books to video games and DVDs from the library, to great places to study, to even filling in some time before a train., it's a great way to try things out before you buy. And it's a great way for poor people to stay literate. You may have been joking about the library, but, seriously, don't. Libraries are invaluable. When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th July 2018, 06:06 PM

Library memberships have actually been on the rise for years, I was getting ready to start my library studies course to become a librarian which I can't do up here, and you can get everything from comics to rare books to video games and DVDs from the library, to great places to study, to even filling in some time before a train., it's a great way to try things out before you buy. And it's a great way for poor people to stay literate. You may have been joking about the library, but, seriously, don't. Libraries are invaluable. When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.I was actually going to say, aside from the absence of cold weather and the luxury of having 3 Big Ws (try one smallish KMart and a Target Country - Burnie does slightly better with a larger KMart and a tiny regular Target) that all sounds a lot like Devonport/NW Tassie.

But I have to give it to Tasmania, the library system here is great. Everything Gouki said, except there's literally one train line in the entire state and it's not for passengers.
Libraries are awesome.:cool:

UltraMarginal
30th July 2018, 06:34 PM
When we lose them it's the start of the apocalypse.

have to agree with this

Galvatran
30th July 2018, 08:10 PM
Considering my favourite places in Australia are Ballarat *snip*
I was there yesterday for the footy. It was horrible & I'm not talkin' bout my team losing. Freezing cold, flash rain at times & the wind chill. Not good when standing in the open in a next-to-useless biodegradable poncho!

Deonasis
30th July 2018, 08:17 PM

Hahahaha you truely sound like Karl Pilkington. You should travel more and blog it.

Gouki
31st July 2018, 12:35 AM
I was there yesterday for the footy. It was horrible & I'm not talkin' bout my team losing. Freezing cold, flash rain at times & the wind chill. Not good when standing in the open in a next-to-useless biodegradable poncho!

It's winter. It is not like that 365 days a year. Serves you right for liking sport. :P

Hahahaha you truely sound like Karl Pilkington. You should travel more and blog it.

We can't all live the glamorous Bris Vegas life of getting stabbed for walking through parks at night. :P (My partner really wants to take me to Brisbane. He loves it, having grown up splitting time between there and Vic.)

I had to Google Karl Pilkington, though. Not sure how much I trust someone who keeps. Inflicting Gervais on us haha

UltraMarginal
31st July 2018, 11:04 AM
Lol, biodegradable poncho:D

Galvatran
31st July 2018, 04:59 PM
It's winter. It is not like that 365 days a year. Serves you right for liking sport. :P
I'm not not much of a sports person Gouki. But I do like watching it. Netball, figure skating, beach volleyball, mud wrestling, rhythmic gymnastics.

Lol, biodegradable poncho:D
Save the planet... one poncho at a time ...

UltraMarginal
31st July 2018, 05:25 PM
did it melt to your skin in the rain?

I remember the biodegradable bags that target used to use would get sticky in your hands if you held onto them for too long.

Galvatran
31st July 2018, 07:10 PM
I was wearing a jacket & beanie under the poncho so didn't get the chance to cling on my skin. It was flapping hopelessly in the wind though.

Worst $7 bucks I've spent in a while. That's scalper territory.

...Back to Transformers...

Bidoofdude
2nd August 2018, 07:43 PM
Anywhere have CW Brawl and Vortex for half decent prices?

Tober
5th August 2018, 11:40 AM
Are there any other major toy shows where Takara makes a prominent appearance besides the Wonderfests and Tokyo Toy Show?

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th August 2018, 01:06 PM
But I do like watching it. Netball, figure skating, beach volleyball, mud wrestling, rhythmic gymnastics.

There's a certain common theme in your sports viewing....:p

Are there any other major toy shows where Takara makes a prominent appearance besides the Wonderfests and Tokyo Toy Show?
They had a reasonably big section at the Tokyo Comic Convention, but no presentation as far as I am aware.

Tober
5th August 2018, 01:11 PM
They had a reasonably big section at the Tokyo Comic Convention, but no presentation as far as I am aware.

Ok, thanks. Six months until Winter Wonderfest seems like a long time for announcements, but I know they announce through hobby mags too.

Bidoofdude
27th August 2018, 10:50 PM
Anyone know a place with low-priced TR Scourge figures? I was gonna pad out with some sweeps but I can't find anywhere that's super cheap.

DELTAprime
27th August 2018, 11:04 PM
TLTC has them for $24 each.

https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/transformers-available-now/transformers-titans-return-deluxe-scourge-1

DELTAprime
31st August 2018, 09:47 PM
What mode does MP Dinobot come packaged in? If it's Beast Mode can I get him into Robot Mode without breaking him?

Trent
1st September 2018, 06:37 PM
What mode does MP Dinobot come packaged in? If it's Beast Mode can I get him into Robot Mode without breaking him?

Beast mode without the tail attached. And yes you can get him into bot mode. It’s not that hard a transformation. Involved, but not hard. Essentially you’re turning him inside out.

Shoulders are a non-issue for me.

DELTAprime
1st September 2018, 07:15 PM
Beast mode without the tail attached. And yes you can get him into bot mode. It’s not that hard a transformation. Involved, but not hard. Essentially you’re turning him inside out.

Shoulders are a non-issue for me.

Ok, good to know. I still have an intact MP3, MP5 and MP9. I'd hate for Dinobot to be the first one with fragility issues to break.

Ralph Wiggum
16th September 2018, 01:09 PM
In the next couple of weeks my house will be on the market with the usual home open. I'm thinking it would be wise to lock up my display cabinet in case there may be some unscrupulous scumbags who may be tempted to nick something.

I have one of these display cabinets ( https://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/Categories/Storage-%26-Office/Storage/Display-Cabinets/Gallery-Glass-Display-Cabinet/p/GAYUTI4SHOOOGLAWHI ) which doesn't come with a lock.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ad-hoc solutions for locking up a glass cabinet?

DELTAprime
16th September 2018, 03:25 PM
^No idea, but the idea of selling my place scares the shit out of me because of my Transformers collection. I think the best solution would probably be to pack them away though.

Paulbot
16th September 2018, 03:30 PM
I’d be packing away too, and if not adults (who you’d hope would be better) it’s the kids too who come with the parents on open for inspections.

Autocon
16th September 2018, 08:50 PM
Zipties? They fix bumber bars on cars and everything

Seraphim Prime
17th September 2018, 05:03 PM
I'd be packing them away as much as possible too.

It sounds like you're trying to live in the place while selling, but I would imagine a large collection as well as any associated large pieces of furniture could be a little off-putting to potential buyers.

UltraMarginal
17th September 2018, 05:16 PM
I'd pack away, think of it as a warm up to packing to move when you sell. trust me, it takes a long time to pack up a collection.. I just did it over the last 2 months.

Ralph Wiggum
17th September 2018, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Packing things away is looking likely, I was already thinking of moving the cabinet to make more room but a complete disassemble and storage looks the go.

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2018, 02:23 PM
I packed away all my toys and put them in a storage unit when I had an open home. Sure, it cost money to rent the storage space, but it was peace of mind over random strangers walking in.

Bad enough that I've already had an eHobby toy pinched by a visiting collector. :( I certainly wouldn't trust total strangers.

Jetfire in the sky
19th September 2018, 01:13 PM
Bad enough that I've already had an eHobby toy pinched by a visiting collector. :( I certainly wouldn't trust total strangers.

:eek:
That's beyond ridiculous.
:mad:

Galvatran
19th September 2018, 05:34 PM
Before the lynch mob gathers pace, do we know that as fact. Or is it just conjecture.

BruiseLee
19th September 2018, 05:53 PM
Before the lynch mob gathers pace, do we know that as fact. Or is it just conjecture.

Someone post a pic of the Quintessons here. Feeling lazy right now.

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2018, 08:19 PM
Most likely/probably.

Nobody goes into my TF room except for family members and other collectors. These days I'm less likely to invite people over, but there was a time when I was more generous especially after the Parramatta Fair Meets where there might be a bunch of in the room at one time. Not that I watch my guests like a hawk.

I initially thought that the toy might've dropped behind a bookcase or somewhere else that I couldn't see. But after moving where I literally cleared out everything in that room and our entire home, the toy still didn't show up. And I'm the kind of person who meticulously displays and catalogues my toys. It's not as if I would just put it somewhere carelessly and have it go missing -- I've been carefully keeping track of my figures since the 1980s. It's the reason why I still have all of my childhood figures save ones that were stolen, and I haven't had any break-ins at my previous address so the most likely scenario is that someone who was invited over has probably helped themselves with a 5 finger discount. I can actually look back and past photos of my collection and see where it disappeared - it was some time after July 2011 and before July 2012. Because I can see Bad Boy sitting on my shelf in my 2011 photo but not from 2012 onwards. Like I said, I just assumed that it had fallen somewhere that I couldn't see or access. I was puzzled when I couldn't find it when I moved in 2016.

There may be other reasons, but I'd say that theft is the most likely or probable cause. But as I've mentioned before, I'm willing to accept an amnesty. If whoever has taken this toy is reading this, I'll take it back no questions asked. And if you don't want me to know who you are, please PM one of the admins and they can handle it discreetly and get the toy back to me. I don't necessarily want to know who did it, I just want the toy back.

Galvatran
19th September 2018, 11:54 PM
You convinced me Goki. NSW TF collectors can't be trusted.

Guilty or innocent?

Innocent.

Feed them to the Sharkticons.

SuspectimusPrime
20th September 2018, 10:19 AM
I packed away all my toys and put them in a storage unit when I had an open home. Sure, it cost money to rent the storage space, but it was peace of mind over random strangers walking in.

Sorry to hear. This is a real jerk move. A bit hard to believe that collectors would behave like primary school kids. Seems like the thief is quite the connoisseur to pick out a fairly rare exclusive.

Guilty or innocent?

Innocent.

Feed them to the Sharkticons.

^ This :D

Galvatran
22nd September 2018, 02:52 PM
Seems like the thief is quite the connoisseur to pick out a fairly rare exclusive.
Had this running on repeat in my head.

Bad boy, Bad boy
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

Jack-sin
8th October 2018, 12:12 AM
Hi there I was wondering if anyone here would know of the chances of the Bumblebee movie rerelease of Titan's Return Soundwave or the cassette bundle coming to Australia?

griffin
8th October 2018, 10:30 AM
Apparently we aren't getting them here.

Jack-sin
8th October 2018, 05:35 PM
Oh well that's disappointing but thanks anyway.

DELTAprime
10th October 2018, 04:46 PM
So dumb question from experienced Transformers collector...

Is Punch the Autobot or is Counterpunch the Autobot?

SharkyMcShark
10th October 2018, 04:48 PM

I think Counterpunch is the Decepticon?

Tober
10th October 2018, 05:15 PM

From the TF Wiki: (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Punch_(G1))

Punch (aka Nightbeat[1]) possesses a unique transformation ability that allows him to adopt a second robot mode—posing as a Decepticon named Counterpunch to spy on the 'Cons as a double agent.

So, it's safe to assume Punch is the Autobot.

DELTAprime
13th October 2018, 08:47 PM
Any ideas how HasTak could possibly do a modern CHUG version of Browning?

The best I can come up with is use a Megatron tank mould, put a new head on him, paint it to look like Browning's Masterforce appearance and give him a new name if released outside of Japan.

FatalityPitt
13th October 2018, 09:07 PM
Any ideas how HasTak could possibly do a modern CHUG version of Browning?

I was thinking about that yesterday too. Yeah, got a few ideas:
- A brown repaint (or retool) of RtS Legends Megatron
- A brown Battlemaster (like Blowpipe) as an accessory for a CHUG Squeezeplay

High_Q
16th October 2018, 09:15 PM
Has Takara Tomy ever explained why, even though the Masterpiece line is aimed primarily at the Japanese market, Masterpiece boxes all use the English logo instead of トランスフォーマー? Furthermore, even the character names are in Roman script despite the Japanese name for the said character being used (e.g. 'Lambor' instead of ランボル or even 'Sideswipe').

Bidoofdude
16th October 2018, 09:32 PM
Has Takara Tomy ever explained why, even though the Masterpiece line is aimed primarily at the Japanese market, Masterpiece boxes all use the English logo instead of トランスフォーマー? Furthermore, even the character names are in Roman script despite the Japanese name for the said character being used (e.g. 'Lambor' instead of ランボル or even 'Sideswipe').

From my (not super reliable) knowledge, English is pretty popular ornamentally in Japan. English words are often thrown onto packaging or advertising and stuff like that, which catch the eyes, even if a lot of people can't understand them.

Would probably make sense on Masterpiece figures, as they are supposed to be a kind of royal collectable tier of Transformers toy. You'd probably see similar stuff on high end expensive Pokemon merchandise or other stuff.

Again, I have little authority, just going on what I've seen in Japan. I think we've been seeing a little of it in the west lately. Many brands and T-shirts and stuff like that have the Japanese word or whatever to attract buyers, even if they don't speak it, because it looks cool/exotic/authentic.

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2018, 10:48 PM
Bidoofdude is correct. Just expanding on his point...

Hasbro and Takara(TOMY) have an agreement not to interfere with each other's markets without permission. Thus TakaraTOMY will always market their toys at their market unless there's a previous agreement with Hasbro on joint collaborations, but even then each company is responsible for distributing and servicing their toys in their own respective market.
e.g. TakaraTOMY will not service a POTP or Studio Series toy purchased in a Hasbro market.

English is a foreign and exotic language to people in Japan, much like Latin and other Romance languages are to people in Anglophone countries. For example, how many English speakers care that the name Ultra Magnus is nonsensical, since "Ultra" is FEMININE? "Volcanicus" is a completely rubbish and made-up word, the word "volcano" comes from the Latin word "Volcanus," which means "Vulcan," the Roman god of forging weapons (known as Hephaestos to the Greeks). The Romans had no word for "volcano." One of the reasons why Pompeii wasn't evacuated in the days leading to Vesuvius' eruption was because the Romans had never seen an eruption before. And by the time it happened, it was too late to evacuate and the Pompeiians perished. A Roman fleet commanded by Pliny the Elder was even lost as they attempted a rescue by sailing into the ash cloud, which would have instantly killed them... cos ya know, volcano ash is freaking hot (but apparently Chris Pratt can survive going through it in Jurassic World The Fallen Kingdom! :p).

So yeah, the presence of English text on Japanese packaging is completely irrelevant to the idea that it's also intended for overseas release. It's purely there to make it look more exotic. Hasbro once did the same thing with their release of Beast Machines Magmatron. This packaging has Japanese text on it despite being targeted towards the Anglophone market, not the Japanese market. But the Japanese text makes it look more exotic! Same with Hasbro MP boxes which prominently feature the word 傑作 (kessaku) on their boxes, which is the Japanese word for "masterpiece," but NOT the Japanese word for "Masterpiece." The Japanese use the word 傑作 in describing things like a piece of art - a literal masterpiece. As far as the Japanese product line is concerned, it is only ever called マスターピース (Masutaapiisu), which is the Japanese approximation of the word "masterpiece." And 傑作 even appeared on toys that were never released in Japan, like Masterpiece Acid Storm.
https://image.ibb.co/jmfsaf/hasbro-packaging-JAPANESE.jpg
And if you think this sounds weird, remember that the very fact that 50% of words in Modern English are of Latin-French origin is pretty much because people living in Norman-England just wanted to make their English sound more cool and exotic but mixing in French words. Yeah. English already had existing words, but even peasants started using French words because it just sounded cooler.
Wanna eat some cow? Nah, let's call it "beef."
Sheep? Veal.
Care for a drink? Let's say "beverage."
Want to see our list? We'll call it a "menu."
Have a seat on this stool? Let's call it a "chair."
Did you get jumped this morning? Let's call it "assault."
Is he friend or foe? Or shall we say "ally" or "enemy"?
Shall we eat? Why not "consume"?
Learning knowledge, or studying science?
Will Prince Harry be giving a warm welcome or a "cordial reception"?
Are we Shapeshifter Gatherers? Let's say, "Transformers Collectors." :)

And we still use straight out French and Latin words/terms for all sorts of things.
e.g.
and so on = et cetera (etc)
good thing = bonus
already seen = déjà vu
of fact = de facto
for this = ad hoc
under oath = affidavit
elsewhere = alibi
agreement = consensus
above, beyond = super
before midday = ante meridiem (a.m.)
after midday = post meridiem (p.m.)
after writing = post script (p.s.)
rest in peace = resquiescat in pace (R.I.P.)
please answer = répondez s'il vous plait (R.S.V.P.)
already seen = déjà vu
etc.

Languages are often borrowing words from each other for stylistic reasons. Heck, even the Japanese word for Masterpiece, "Kessaku," is originally Chinese. And the English word "Masterpiece" is Franco-Latin. If we wanted to use Pure English, then "Masterpiece" would be LORDBIT. And I suppose if you wanted to use Pure Japanese it would be 傑れたの作り物 (Suguretanotsukurimono). :p

TL;DR = the reason why Japanese use English words is for the same reason why English speakers use French and Latin words. Cos it looks/sounds cool.
Here's what "Transformers Masterpiece" would be called if we translated it from Franco-Latin to Pure English ;)
https://image.ibb.co/ibLm1L/temp.jpg

DELTAprime
16th October 2018, 10:58 PM
From my (not super reliable) knowledge, English is pretty popular ornamentally in Japan. English words are often thrown onto packaging or advertising and stuff like that, which catch the eyes, even if a lot of people can't understand them.

Bidoofdude is correct.

So it's basically the same thing that draws my attention and makes me think something is cool when I see Japanese text on a toy, collectable or game.

High_Q
17th October 2018, 12:55 AM

Don't give the KO companies any idea! :D
On the topic of funny KO names, the best is, back in the 80s, seeing a HE-MAN knock-off in Indonesia called HE-IS-A-MAN. :eek:

So it's basically the same thing that draws my attention and makes me think something is cool when I see Japanese text on a toy, collectable or game.

Ditto.

GoktimusPrime
17th October 2018, 01:34 AM
I am Dirt. Kingling of Foreverland and keeper of the derns of Stronghold Greyskull. This is Cringer... my fearless friend. Wonderful dern mights were shown to me the day I held aloft my spellcraft sword and said, "By the might of Greyskull! I have the Might!" Cringer became the Mighty Bede-Cat, and I became He-Man, the mightiest man in the allworld. Only a few others share this dern... Our friends: The Witch, Man-At-Arms and Orko. Together we keep Stronghold Greyskull from the evil henchmen of Framelord.

Nyeh-hehehehehehehehehehe!

(♪He-Man!)

TaZZerath
17th October 2018, 01:43 AM

This is the single greatest thing I’ve seen in my entire life.

GoktimusPrime
17th October 2018, 09:42 AM
Sing along!

♪...
Shapeshifters
More than meets the eye
Self-steelmen undertake their fighting to fornaught the evil henchmen of the Outwit-steelmen
Shapeshifters
Steelmen who are hidden
Shapeshifters
More than meets the eye

TaZZerath
17th October 2018, 09:50 AM
Sing along!

♪...
Shapeshifters
More than meets the eye
Self-steelmen undertake their fighting to fornaught the evil henchmen of the Outwit-steelmen
Shapeshifters
Steelmen who are hidden
Shapeshifters
More than meets the eye

*In the voice of Victor Caroli*
The Shapeshifters will return after these messages

GoktimusPrime
17th October 2018, 10:56 AM
*In the voice of Victor Caroli*
The Shapeshifters will return after these messages
"The Shapeshifters will come back after these words." ;)

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th October 2018, 05:33 PM
"The Shapeshifters will come back after these words." ;)Pretty much (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhbJnlIvfyc).

FatalityPitt
17th October 2018, 10:06 PM
Again, I have little authority, just going on what I've seen in Japan. I think we've been seeing a little of it in the west lately. Many brands and T-shirts and stuff like that have the Japanese word or whatever to attract buyers, even if they don't speak it, because it looks cool/exotic/authentic.

TL;DR = the reason why Japanese use English words is for the same reason why English speakers use French and Latin words. Cos it looks/sounds cool.
Here's what "Transformers Masterpiece" would be called if we translated it from Franco-Latin to Pure English ;)

Got me thinking of this

https://soranews24.com/2015/11/03/superdry-the-japanese-fashion-brand-that-japanese-people-have-never-even-heard-of/

High_Q
17th October 2018, 10:20 PM
Got me thinking of this

https://soranews24.com/2015/11/03/superdry-the-japanese-fashion-brand-that-japanese-people-have-never-even-heard-of/

I think, like most non-Japanese who've come across Superdry apparels, I thought it was of Japanese origin.

Learn something new everyday :p

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2018, 01:19 AM
The reissue Dile dino cassette that comes with Studio Series 19 Retro Rock Garage Bumblebee has die-cast metal arms, thighs and feet. Is this also true with the original G1 figure or is it all plastic?

Thurmus
29th October 2018, 04:56 PM
Is the orange version of the Studio Series Lockdown coming out at retail in Australia?

griffin
29th October 2018, 08:04 PM
Is the orange version of the Studio Series Lockdown coming out at retail in Australia?

That 3rd wave (Shadow Raider, DOTM Ratchet, VW Bumblebee) was starting to show up at Target stores in mid-September, just before the 2nd wave Jazz and Lockdown started showing up at some Kmarts.
But neither wave has seen much saturation though, as wave 1 still shelfwarms at some stores (especially Crowbar), while other stores just aren't restocking at all.

Thurmus
29th October 2018, 08:27 PM
Thanks Griffin. The black Lockdown showed up at my local Big W but Target has about 8 Crowbars.

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2018, 08:58 AM
I know someone who got Shadow Raider just last week. It's been showing up in shops for a while, but admittedly I've never found one either.

BigTransformerTrev
30th October 2018, 09:49 AM

Heh, I think the same way. Besides MP and Titans the only boxes I keep intact are any figures I import from Japan as I like the art and text style :)

UltraMarginal
30th October 2018, 10:43 AM

My Big W (Macquarie) had a couple last week. I nearly bought it but decided to wait to see if it's there during a sale.

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2018, 12:12 PM
My Big W (Macquarie) had a couple last week. I nearly bought it but decided to wait to see if it's there during a sale.
They didn't last long as both Tha_Phantom and I checked out that Big W as well as several others the weekend before last. We did see some of its casemates like the second SS Ratchet, but no Shadow Raider (which is what Tha Phantom was looking for; he's since acquired one from Target Bondi)

DELTAprime
8th November 2018, 01:03 PM
I'm through dealing with Australian based Transformers dealers as PC and TLTC have left me with nothing but bad feelings for all of them.

So which international TF dealers are you guys using these days and what are the prices like? RK, HLJ, NY, BBTS, etc?

Trent
9th November 2018, 08:26 PM
One for the G1 collectors: What would a complete MIB G1 Ultra Magnus with minimal yellowing set you back? Just after a ball park idea.

Ralph Wiggum
10th November 2018, 10:31 AM
I'm through dealing with Australian based Transformers dealers as PC and TLTC have left me with nothing but bad feelings for all of them.

So which international TF dealers are you guys using these days and what are the prices like? RK, HLJ, NY, BBTS, etc?

I’ve ordered from Oh my Primus (Singapore based) and Saviers Toys (https://www.tftoys.com.au - owned by Otca member langzixinxin and Australian based).

The key reason why I go with these guys is that they don’t ask for full upfront payment when pre-ordering. I can think of few, if any other things which demand full deposits and toys are no different.

GoktimusPrime
11th November 2018, 12:45 AM
One for the G1 collectors: What would a complete MIB G1 Ultra Magnus with minimal yellowing set you back? Just after a ball park idea.
I got a loose complete G1 Ultra Magnus a few months ago for about $50. Zero yellowing; really good condition. Granted it had no packaging, but that might give you a basis for an estimate.

Galvatran
11th November 2018, 04:29 PM
Price guide from TransformerLand. Listed price, may not be actual sale price.

http://www.transformerland.com/price/G1/Other/Ultra%20Magnus

Trent
11th November 2018, 10:22 PM
Thanks gents.

DELTAprime
30th November 2018, 08:04 PM
TFwiki has very little info on the current incarnation of Predaking.

Could one of you IDW readers tell me if there is any lore behind Predaking now being a Matrix bearer?

griffin
30th November 2018, 11:20 PM
TFwiki has very little info on the current incarnation of Predaking.

Could one of you IDW readers tell me if there is any lore behind Predaking now being a Matrix bearer?

If you are referring to the POTP toy, it could just be a meaningless toy gimmick, for the larger POTP toys to have a Matrix or an Enigma to plug into the toy somewhere.
(I haven't been following the IDW comics other than news postings, but don't recall hearing Predaking being featured much in the last year of the comics (during the POTP toyline), or if it played any major roles... just like Jetfire not playing any major role in the Revolutions crossover series, but it was the Transformers "representative" in the SDCC Revolutions boxset, because that's what Hasbro wanted released.)

DELTAprime
5th December 2018, 03:08 PM
I never had a G1 Scorponok. Is there anything in that G1 Scorponok set that HasTak could base a Siege Weaponiser on?

ComradeRenko
6th December 2018, 11:35 AM
I never had a G1 Scorponok. Is there anything in that G1 Scorponok set that HasTak could base a Siege Weaponiser on?

Scorponok came with Fasttrack, but he was more like Typticon's Full-Tilt than a weaponiser like Six-gun. That said, you could probably get Fasttrack from Cog with only a small amount of retooling. Start with the arm guns on the top, the torso piece in the middle and the legs at the bottom and you are pretty close. Some tweaks to the torso and change Cog's treads for wheel and you are practically there.

GoktimusPrime
30th December 2018, 09:39 PM
From the December Acquisition thread

Licensed metal puzzle Jazz from MU Model.
https://i.imgur.com/jF0uSMml.jpg
I'm trying to make out Jazz's Chinese function, but I don't know if I'm reading it rightly or if this is a time where a discrepancy between Chinese and Sino-Japanese words exist.

爵士 (shakushi)
* 爵 (shaku) = indicator of an entitled feudal rank or title, e.g. 公爵 (koushaku) = duke, 子爵 (shisaku) = viscount etc.
* 士 (shi) = samurai, official, minister (remember that samurai started off as just glorified government clerks; it was later on that they also became warriors - AFAIK other Confucian cultures didn't militarise their government officials and kept a the warrior class separate from scholars and officials)

AFAIK 爵 is only ever used as a suffix, so grammatically I would say that Jazz's function should be 士爵 (shishaku) rather than 爵士 (shakushi). I'll admit that it's not a word that I've come across before, but 爵士 seems to be a word used to describe an English or European noble, similar to the title "Sir" before a person who's been knighted.
https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/96279/meaning/m0u/
https://www.weblio.jp/content/%E5%A3%AB%E7%88%B5

But yeah, not sure what 爵士 is supposed to be. Any Chinese speakers able to help out?

GoktimusPrime
3rd January 2019, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know which episode of A.L.F. is shown in the Bumblebee movie?
Thanks in advance.

DELTAprime
5th January 2019, 11:51 PM
Anyone heard from Hasbro if Siege is a single year 3-4 wave line like POTP or a two-year line like older CHUG lines?

KELPIE
9th January 2019, 03:55 PM
But yeah, not sure what 爵士 is supposed to be. Any Chinese speakers able to help out?

Jazz.

Fungal Infection
13th January 2019, 10:23 AM
Anyone know what I can replace the springs in G1 Inferno/Grapple's arms with? Just purchased an old junker which I'm trying to restore but my Grapple seems to be missing springs in its arm so need to source replacements. Tried using springs from a pen but they're a bit too big (unless I'm using the wrong pen) so any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Deonasis
15th January 2019, 05:29 PM
Did TLK Premier edition Barricade get weathering on his bot mode and weapons?
Online pics show him only with clean paint apps.

There was some limited version with heavy weathering on all modes I believe.

Sinnertwin
15th January 2019, 06:03 PM
Did TLK Premier edition Barricade get weathering on his bot mode and weapons?
Online pics show him only with clean paint apps.

There was some limited version with heavy weathering on all modes I believe.

Regular release Barricade was clean
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24200

The weathered version was a HK TRU exclusive

Deonasis
15th January 2019, 07:21 PM
Regular release Barricade was clean
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=24200

The weathered version was a HK TRU exclusive

Thanks. I have a weathered robot with clean car panels with the plastic ties still on bought from Mr Toys today.

Edit: Images here.. https://twitter.com/darmithandle/status/1085137078306787328?s=21

tinyJazz
22nd January 2019, 01:01 AM
Anyone with Takaras “Movie the Best” Jazz, what type of visor does he have? And where did you buy it?

I bought 3 from Hobbysearch and the two that I opened have the cracked visor from the final battle version (helmet is normal though).

Griffin’s version from HLJ has a regular visor.

:/ the cracked visor was the one thing I really disliked about this version, and now I’m thinking it’s not even meant to look like that in the first place.

davieanix
24th January 2019, 09:53 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but there’s lots of sightings of Studio Series Wave 5 deluxes, but it always seems to be the same three (Sideswipe, Barricade and WW2 Bee).

Is this a revision case or something? Where are all the Crankcase’s and Clunker Bee’s?

Omega Metro
24th January 2019, 10:20 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but there’s lots of sightings of Studio Series Wave 5 deluxes, but it always seems to be the same three (Sideswipe, Barricade and WW2 Bee).

Is this a revision case or something? Where are all the Crankcase’s and Clunker Bee’s?

They probably are there. Just that nobody cares about those 2 I think.

Crankcase and Clunker are also only 1 per case. The others have 2.

GoktimusPrime
28th January 2019, 09:15 AM
Crankcase and Clunker are also only 1 per case. The others have 2.
Aah, this explains it. I was gonna say that I have seen both in stores (and I purchased Clunker 'Bee), but rarely. Being shortpacked explains why. Makes sense though. Clunker 'Bee is "just a repaint" of SS01 and while Crankcase is new, we still have Crowbar winning the 2018-19 Shelfwarmer Award

Galvatran
28th January 2019, 09:47 AM
Is there a Transformers crossover MLP coming out soon? Or just rumour?

DELTAprime
29th January 2019, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know roughly how large the JP G1 versions of the Big Powered toys were? (Dia Atlas, Sonic Bomber and Roadfire)

I tried looking them up on Cliffbee but I guess the site doesn't exist anymore.:(

griffin
29th January 2019, 07:37 PM
If you have Gen1 Metroplex, this might give you an idea of their size...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/c04s3.jpg

DELTAprime
29th January 2019, 08:28 PM
Thanks Griff. I have both Metroplex and Star Convoy so that picture makes it easy to compare them.

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2019, 02:32 PM
Or a G1 Ultra Magnus, which is about the same height as Metroplex ;)

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2019, 10:19 AM
My son was asking me which the toughest Decepticon Combiner Leader from G1 was. I said I thought it was Motormaster but he thought it would be Hun-Grrr. The bright little bloke was right! According to the original tech-specs (I miss them!) Hun-Grrr has strength and endurance ratings of 10, just beating out Motormaster and Snap Trap. In fact all the leaders rate pretty high.

I tried to find out who was the leader of the Pretender Monsters but can't find that info anywhere. Did the group ever have a leader?

Sinnertwin
9th February 2019, 11:25 AM
IIRC Blood (Bomb Burst) was the psuedo Leader in the SGMF cartoon, like Shrapnel and the Insecticons.

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2019, 12:10 PM
IIRC Blood (Bomb Burst) was the psuedo Leader in the SGMF cartoon, like Shrapnel and the Insecticons.

Sorry, should have clarified. I meant the Pretender Monsters that combine into Monstructor :)

Paulbot
9th February 2019, 12:21 PM
I tried to find out who was the leader of the Pretender Monsters but can't find that info anywhere. Did the group ever have a leader?

Slog has the highest rank and is the head so he’s a good choice. In the Marvel Comics Icepick had a more prominent role (what little it was) with ambitions of leadership of the Decepticons so he’s the other choice.

Ode to a Grasshopper
9th February 2019, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know if we'll be getting the Siege toys at anywhere other than ToyWorld?
I want that Skytread but not for freaking $40. :(

DELTAprime
9th February 2019, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know if we'll be getting the Siege toys at anywhere other than ToyWorld?
I want that Skytread but not for freaking $40. :(

Apparently, some of them are in the system at Kmart. I haven't had a chance to check the system at Big W recently so I don't know what's happening at work.

BigTransformerTrev
10th February 2019, 07:19 PM
Slog has the highest rank and is the head so he’s a good choice. In the Marvel Comics Icepick had a more prominent role (what little it was) with ambitions of leadership of the Decepticons so he’s the other choice.

Cool, cheers for that

Trent
10th March 2019, 08:25 PM
Is there anywhere I can get hi-res files of the old G1 toy catalogue things?

Also hi-res files of the art work that was on the back of the boxes?

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th March 2019, 10:37 PM
Is there anywhere I can get hi-res files of the old G1 toy catalogue things?

Also hi-res files of the art work that was on the back of the boxes?

Tried Botch the Crab's site? (http://botchthecrab.com/gallery.asp?gallery=10)

Trent
11th March 2019, 08:13 AM
No I hadn’t. Thank you.

DELTAprime
13th March 2019, 06:06 PM
When does AmiAmi normally charge for preorders? Day of release? A couple of days before?

Tober
28th March 2019, 01:47 AM
When does AmiAmi normally charge for preorders? Day of release? A couple of days before?

Day of release.

-------------------------------

My question:

I'm digging the Studio Series line, on and off. But the biggest annoyance is that there is no Concept Camaro version of Bumblebee... Is there any known reason for this? It was the hero vehicle for the first two movies after all.

Yeah, it's not like there's a shortage of Concept Bees, but still...

Dimi194
28th March 2019, 08:22 AM
Day of release.

-------------------------------

My question:

I'm digging the Studio Series line, on and off. But the biggest annoyance is that there is no Concept Camaro version of Bumblebee... Is there any known reason for this? It was the hero vehicle for the first two movies after all.

Yeah, it's not like there's a shortage of Concept Bees, but still...

My guess is that it's coming, but they just did one for TLK so wanted to go back to the OG first

griffin
28th March 2019, 10:11 PM
Yeah... they probably just want to space out the Deluxe Bumblebee toys a bit, as there have already been 9 in the first 30 Studio Series toys (8 if you don't count the WW2 Bumblebee).
Although, we now have a run of 20 toys (28 to 47) that don't include any Bumblebees, so it is a bit inconsistent so far, with them not being spread out more evenly

Tober
28th March 2019, 11:51 PM
Yeah, thanks. At first I figured it was because of the MPM-3 being released at a similar time. But that hasn't stopped Optimus, Ironhide, Barricade etc... :rolleyes:

DELTAprime
29th March 2019, 01:14 PM
Does anyone here have first-hand experience with Black Zarak?

I'm wondering if he is truly so fragile that his gold parts can really be destroyed in transit?

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2019, 09:53 PM
Don't forget that Studio Series Bumblebee is a retool of the New Camaro Bumblebee from The Last Knight. I know that's a 2017 Camaro rather than a 2008 Camaro, but still, perhaps they felt it was too soon and too similar.

https://i.ibb.co/3Rs4xHJ/TLK-bumblebee05.jpg

Tober
30th March 2019, 02:24 PM
Well, I've never seen anything stopping Hasbro releasing Bumblebee Camaros before*, so it's kinds annoying that the one time I actually want one, they don't have it... They have every other main vehicle cast member from the first movie released or announced in the SS line, except the Concept Camaro..!

* I'm pretty sure the deluxe CC Bumblebee is the most reused Transformers mold ever.

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2019, 09:44 PM
Well, I've never seen anything stopping Hasbro releasing Bumblebee Camaros before*, so it's kinds annoying that the one time I actually want one, they don't have it...
https://i.ibb.co/5vXXxfW/meme-nvm.jpg Touché...

theshape
30th March 2019, 11:16 PM
Does anyone here have first-hand experience with Black Zarak?

I'm wondering if he is truly so fragile that his gold parts can really be destroyed in transit?

I guess it's possible if packing is inadequate and it's dropped or kicked. I've never had an issue and ordered multiple parts for mine. Joins are especially fragile , mostly the shield join and the headmaster arms

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st March 2019, 02:58 PM
Sooo, we've pretty much missed Siege Wave 1 in Target/KMart by now, huh? :(

Tober
31st March 2019, 03:08 PM
Sooo, we've pretty much missed Siege Wave 1 in Target/KMart by now, huh? :(

Yeah. Probably cheaper to just grab them from Amazon Au anyway.

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2019, 09:48 AM
AFAIK there aren't any Transformers related guests (e.g. voice actors) attending any Aussie conventions this year, yes?

Paulbot
7th April 2019, 11:26 AM
Troy Baker (Steeljaw in RID) and Nolan North (Smokescreen in Prime, Brawl, Cliffjumper and Bruricus in the WFC games) are at Melbourne Supanova this weekend

DELTAprime
7th April 2019, 12:38 PM
Troy Baker (Steeljaw in RID) and Nolan North (Smokescreen in Prime, Brawl, Cliffjumper and Bruricus in the WFC games) are at Melbourne Supanova this weekend

Something tells me they are there for their work on Naughty Dog games, not Transformers.:p

Paulbot
7th April 2019, 12:40 PM
Um, well Steeljaw is a Naughty Dog. Some versions of Bruticus are a Naughty Dog too! :p