PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2008, 08:38 PM
afaik it's fixed.

roller
2nd August 2008, 08:45 PM
so the other tyre i have is a spare?

Golden Phoenix
2nd August 2008, 08:50 PM
Anyone know a good place to find Transformers Armada character stickers that came with the figures?

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2008, 09:26 PM
Stickers?!? Stickers went out of style after G2 man!

roller: http://www.tfu.info/1986/Autobot/Wreck-Gar/wreck-gar.htm

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 09:46 PM
I tried googling & it basically got me nowhere...

I don't think you'll find much luck on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&satitle=Transformers+Armada+Stickers&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1)...

IMO, The Energon Bio & Tech-Spec cards are much better :) (even then, they are kinda pointless :rolleyes:)

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2008, 10:29 PM
Of course! :p :D Disregard my previous post. d:

Golden Phoenix
3rd August 2008, 01:09 AM
I tried googling & it basically got me nowhere...

I don't think you'll find much luck on Ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&satitle=Transformers+Armada+Stickers&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1)...

IMO, The Energon Bio & Tech-Spec cards are much better :) (even then, they are kinda pointless :rolleyes:)

I'm just looking for replacements. I got most of my Armada stuff when I was younger and thought my TV was a bit boring. So on they went. Only real reason I keep the TV. I would have upgraded by now if it wasn't covered in stuff.

griffin
3rd August 2008, 01:20 AM
i recently received G1 Flash

now i can transform him to robot mode

i cant figure out the hood section, how do you get the arms out???

i dont want to break it and so far every firm pull doesnt get the doors open or the front wheels to the side

Try this:
http://fortmax05.10gbfreehost.com/instructions/g1/autobot/flash.jpg

If that doesn't help, I can't help you either since I don't have that figure, yet.

i have a question, where does one go if lets say they want to get 1 of optimus primals swords? or 1 of movie starscreams misslies?, bits and bobs mainly lol i need to fix up some of my givenformers

Try here:
http://www.transformerland.com/transformers-sales.htm
Their non-Gen1 sections aren't too huge though, but you might get lucky if you check it out from time to time. For figures that are really recent, it is probably best to find a loose figure/junker on ebay AU cheap. Or hassle one of us going to BotCon to look for what you need, if we have time while we are there.
Otherwise, try a google/yahoo search for 'Transformers parts' or 'Transformers accessories', and see if you find an online store that has what you need.

thanx for the help but idont think i saw anything really there for my suiting, another question is where can i find a tf hat, shirt or jumper or whatever?

One place I have used a few times:
http://www.stylinonline.com/transformers.html

Anyone know a good place to find Transformers Armada character stickers that came with the figures?

Try a google/yahoo search for 'Transformers parts' or 'Transformers accessories', and check some of the results to see if they sell/trade instructions, biocards, and other non-toy bits like those character stickers.

so the other tyre i have is a spare?

Not if you only have two, which are needed in bike mode. If you have more than two, and you have a duplicate of one, then it is a spare.
The rear one should be attached to the leg, the front wheel is detachable and becomes the shield.
See here to be sure:
http://www.tfu.info/1986/Autobot/Wreck-Gar/wreck-gar.htm

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2008, 12:29 PM
There was a stallholder at Smash! selling various TF shirts. They all sold out pretty quickly. :)

loophole
3rd August 2008, 11:33 PM
As a collector whats worth more $$$$ wise and collecting wise between the first release G1 stuff and the G1 classic releases???

roller
3rd August 2008, 11:46 PM
As a collector whats worth more $$$$ wise and collecting wise between the first release G1 stuff and the G1 classic releases???

investemnt wise? You wouldn't be a scalper would you sir? ;)

From what i remember, they are the exact same toy, maybe different production stamps.

But hey, G1 is g1, im sure there is someone out there who would prefer the original packaging to 'Classic'

go for classic, they rock

Paulbot
4th August 2008, 09:10 AM
I feel that the 90s classic toys should be cheaper than than the 80s toys as they are not as old. Not many agree with me though...

Pulse
4th August 2008, 10:50 AM
You see plenty of people collecting boxed G1 figures but hardly anyone bothering with the G1 Classic releases...

I can remember at the last Parra Fair how Rampage had a Encore Jazz transplanted into a Classic box but not one of the sellers was interested in it...

dirge
4th August 2008, 08:16 PM
I feel that the 90s classic toys should be cheaper than than the 80s toys as they are not as old. Not many agree with me though...

I agree, mainly because the paint over the transparent plastics on some (Jazz, Sunstreaker, Tracks, Prowl, probably others) deteriorates with exposure to air on the Classics.

STL
5th August 2008, 12:55 PM
Did Micron Legends mini-con packs come with bio cards like the normal Micron/Superlink/Galaxy Force figures?

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 02:10 PM
yes

Thanatos
6th August 2008, 06:12 PM
I had a question regarding the new universe series.

What do you guys think, does the Nemesis Prime and Onslaught releases remind you of RiD as well as G1? Scourge and Mega-Octane? I mean Mega-Octane is way more out there in colour than G1 Onslaught, but still, a completely unintentional motif? I think not!

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9917/onslaughtandpowerglide0jw7.jpg

blackie
6th August 2008, 07:56 PM
ok heres one. any good places to buy TF's online. im generaly looking for G1 bots, and so far all i can see thats any good is ebay, mainly due to the multitiude of things, is there any aussie ones arround, apart from ebay? overseas ones would be sweet too.

thanks

Nick

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2008, 08:34 PM
I recommend international ebay over eBay Australia.

Paulbot
6th August 2008, 08:55 PM
I had a question regarding the new universe series.

What do you guys think, does the Nemesis Prime and Onslaught releases remind you of RiD as well as G1? Scourge and Mega-Octane? I mean Mega-Octane is way more out there in colour than G1 Onslaught, but still, a completely unintentional motif? I think not!

Interesting thought. RID started this evil Prime trend after all. The more pics you show of Onslaught the more I want it :)

jaydisc
6th August 2008, 08:58 PM
Speaking of Nemesii, Hasbro mentioned that Takara would also be doing Nemesis Prime but with red windows instead of blue. Has anyone heard any updates as to how that figure will be available?

(+1 on the Onslaught lovin')

Golden Phoenix
6th August 2008, 09:31 PM
Speaking of Nemesii, Hasbro mentioned that Takara would also be doing Nemesis Prime but with red windows instead of blue. Has anyone heard any updates as to how that figure will be available?

(+1 on the Onslaught lovin')

Is he also going to have Chrome like the other Takara releases?

Pulse
6th August 2008, 11:22 PM
The more pics you show of Onslaught the more I want it :)

You don't have Classics Onslaught yet?! :D

griffin
7th August 2008, 03:04 AM
ok heres one. any good places to buy TF's online. im generaly looking for G1 bots, and so far all i can see thats any good is ebay, mainly due to the multitiude of things, is there any aussie ones arround, apart from ebay? overseas ones would be sweet too.

thanks

Nick

Look through here:
http://www.otca.com.au/dealer.html
It hasn't been updated in ages, but most should still exist. If in doubt, just ask here if anyone else has used them.

blackie
7th August 2008, 10:38 PM
ok next question. it may be quick, but has anyone hered of a ko version of omega encore? i found it online for $100 plus $20 shipping, from yahobby.com, which i know is a site that deals mainly in ko's but im hoping this isnt one.

also has anyone used this site before?

thanks

nick

Tober
8th August 2008, 04:29 AM
ok next question. it may be quick, but has anyone hered of a ko version of omega encore? i found it online for $100 plus $20 shipping, from yahobby.com, which i know is a site that deals mainly in ko's but im hoping this isnt one.

I don't think so. There is a Metroplex KO but I haven't heard of an Omega KO.

also has anyone used this site before?

Not that I know of.

I can recommend eBay seller hyakushiki0100 (http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hyakushiki0100). Comes to about $10 cheaper. Unfortunately he put his prices up a few weeks ago by about $10-15 per item now that he has established himself. :(

Pulse
8th August 2008, 11:05 AM
I can recommend eBay seller hyakushiki0100 (http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hyakushiki0100). Unfortunately he put his prices up a few weeks ago by about $10-15 per item now that he has established himself. :(

That really p#sses me off when they do that!

Yet another seller trying to syphon a few more dollars out of TF People's pockets... :rolleyes:

jaydisc
8th August 2008, 11:15 AM

Yet another seller trying to syphon a few more dollars out of TF People's pockets... :rolleyes:

I don't understand this concept. Do you feel that businesses should only make the most minimal profits they can?

Pulse
8th August 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm not gonna start this sh#t again

jaydisc
8th August 2008, 11:52 AM
Not sure what "sh#t" you mean. Can you not offer a logical and reasonable reply? Maybe the seller's rent went up? Maybe his petrol bill went up? I'm curious as to how you can be sure he's taking advantage of people by "trying to syphon a few more dollars out of TF People's"? It sounds a bit like you're being the prosecutor, judge and jury. The only thing missing is any evidence or expert testimony. You seem so quick to judge.

Tober
8th August 2008, 01:51 PM
There's a difference between a small time seller like hyakushiki0100 and BBTS. hyakushiki0100 reduced prices as much as he could to begin with in order to gain a strong reputation and build a customer base - any beginners guide to eBay selling will advise that. Six months later he now charges around RRP on his listings, and I still recommend him - his prices arn't extortionate.

BBTS is a different story. Whenever their listings start gaining populatiry and running low they start jacking up the price. Seen it many times, and when they started charging more for items that I pre-ordered at a lower price I stopped shopping there and boycotted them. Satan will be wearing thermal undies and a ugg boots before I shop there again :mad:.

griffin
8th August 2008, 02:41 PM
I really shouldn't be throwing in my opinion as *a fan* here, because it is bound to flare this issue up, and later have to hose it down as *the Admin*.
But, if we are free to complain about Hasbro AUS doing this practice of setting price based on demand rather than on a set profit margin (like the major retailers do), why can't we complain about private dealers or online stores for doing the same thing? Excessive capitalism (through monopolies, collusion, or scalping) gives liberal capitalism a bad name, and just hurts those of us who have limited options or are incapable of accessing cheaper sources.

I'm not saying that we should hound, or harass those sources, but if I rule against allowing people complaining about it here, I would have to stop people from complaining about Hasbro AUS doing the *exact same thing* with TFs prices in this country.

That said, and to be fair though - private dealers, online stores, and even Hasbro, are entitled to charge whatever they like if the market will still pay that price. If you aren't happy with the prices of one source, find another, like many of us do with Hasbro AUS TFs. And no excessive complaining or abuse, if the source is not actually doing anything illegal.

roller
10th August 2008, 12:53 PM
Are the Universe Seacons part of 'Universe' number 1 or 'Universe' Number 2?

kup
10th August 2008, 01:20 PM
Are the Universe Seacons part of 'Universe' number 1 or 'Universe' Number 2?

I believe so since they were originally intended for that line. However its also possible that the Club may have left them 'open to interpretation' or have been hammered into Classics.

Pulse
10th August 2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think it really matters. Hasbro just slap the name "Universe" on their packaging in an all encompassing way... :rolleyes:

roller
10th August 2008, 11:35 PM
does anyone know Andrew Richards of G2 'fame'? if he is a member on this site please pm me so we can discuss G2 stuff

ta

loophole
11th August 2008, 05:34 PM
Im interested to know what differences there from the reissue and KO stuff compared to the real G1 stuff are they stamped diffently etc.????

blackie
11th August 2008, 05:43 PM
ok new one, which is better, the reissue starscream or the masterpiece one?

Pulse
11th August 2008, 06:51 PM
ok new one, which is better, the reissue starscream or the masterpiece one?

It's hard to pit them against each other.

Reissue Screamer is a typical G1 figure - it's not really designed to be played with. But it's G1 Screamer nonetheless. :)

MP Screamer (The G1 coloured one) is a hell-of-a-lot more complicated to transform but his playability factor is off the charts... :)

I can't really recommend one over the other... It's up to you to decide if you want one or other, or both ;)

GoktimusPrime
11th August 2008, 06:56 PM
Erm... that entirely depends on what you're looking for in a toy.

G1 reissues primarily appeal to people who are looking for G1 nostalgia. If you want a super high level detailed display piece, then Masterpiece might be for you. The jet mode is like a scale model kit with an obscene amount of detail. But G1 Starscream is a better action figure IMO.

loophole
11th August 2008, 08:18 PM
I keep my MP-03 in jet mode because of its attention to detail in jet mode which almost makes it sort of useless as a TF!! I could of just bought a model kit and which probally would of cost less but then again it wouldnt be a TF then would it!!

dirge
11th August 2008, 10:00 PM
G1 Screamer is more playable, too. It doesn't take 35 minutes to transform him (:

jaydisc
12th August 2008, 02:24 PM

There's a difference between a small time seller like hyakushiki0100 and BBTS. hyakushiki0100 reduced prices as much as he could to begin with in order to gain a strong reputation and build a customer base - any beginners guide to eBay selling will advise that. Six months later he now charges around RRP on his listings, and I still recommend him - his prices arn't extortionate.

BBTS is a different story. Whenever their listings start gaining populatiry and running low they start jacking up the price. Seen it many times, and when they started charging more for items that I pre-ordered at a lower price I stopped shopping there and boycotted them. Satan will be wearing thermal undies and a ugg boots before I shop there again :mad:.

Pulse, you're a big proponent of BBTS and opponent of market based pricing. What's your opinion on Tober's comments?

Pulse
12th August 2008, 02:39 PM
I told you I'm not answering anymore questions to do with pricing/scalping etc.

iceburn
12th August 2008, 02:42 PM
Firstly, I'm not Pulse but I'm still a frequent buyer of BBTS right now.
Their prices may be outrageous like many online stores but at times when they do have their sale on and if you're intending to buy a bulk load of items, they are pretty worth it.

Take RK for example, some of their prices are not that fantastic as well but we still like to buy from them. Why so? Because of their reputation and customer service. BBTS has never stuffed up orders for me and at one order, an item was broken. I emailed them and without asking me to ship the item back, they gave me credits back for the price i paid for the item alone.

So I'll say that we should stick on what we individually like about the store and keep purchasing. Others may agree or disagree but it's our personal preferences. It's up to us to know and obtain the best deal for what we buy. If you're happy to pay more for an item that I think it's not worth, just buy it (i won't).

sifun
12th August 2008, 03:41 PM
To those with Classics 2.0 Onslaught, are there any real colour differences then the pictures we've seen with the henkei release?
I know you've taken a few pictures, but the phone cameras kinda dull the colours a bit..
cheers :D

roller
12th August 2008, 10:55 PM
can someone tell me how the G1 Joe Tf crossover from 2004ish ended

the one where the Cobra people are using the tfs to attack places and Soundwave has the best line ever 'No one going anywhere, except oblivion!' BOOM!!!!

i only bought that series up to issue 4 and i think there may have been 6

ta

liegeprime
13th August 2008, 12:08 AM
I dont have my comics here its still back in Phils so this is all from scarred memory :D ). GIJoe invaded Cobra Island with the help of the remaining Autobots, Wheeljack and Bumblebee, overidden the programming that locks out the original personality of the TFs. Tfs regain all their own selves again, all war breaks loose between, GiJoe Vs Cobra, Autos Vs Deceps. Prime finishes Soundwave, then Megs off uses his Fusion cannon to destroy threat ( missle or sumthingk cant completely recall.Cobra Commander Escapes , as usual using Screamer as his getaway jet. Gi Joes help restore Prime and other Autos to their usual G1 looking bodies and helps build new spaceship to transport them back to Cybertron which is now ruled over by Shockwave. meanwhile the remaining dissassembled decepts are taken in secret by the US military , tinkering them to make new weapons based on this technology, kinda like what Sumdac did with Megs. While mindbender on the other hand gets kidnapped by forces of Cobra- La.

roller
17th August 2008, 08:56 PM
I have seen on the net and in a book that G1 Longhaul has a rectangle hole in the chest, my G1 Longhaul does not have the hole in the front of the robot mode chest, and it doesn't look like there is anything lodged in there.

So, is my one a dud or does the hole appear when you push in the Devastator chest plate?

GoktimusPrime
17th August 2008, 09:38 PM
The square hole is fairly redundant so it was removed in later versions of the toy. Earlier versions had the hole.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/7730/longhaul.JPG

Pulse
17th August 2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe it was a leftover from "Diakron!"? :D

roller
17th August 2008, 10:42 PM
The square hole is fairly redundant so it was removed in later versions of the toy. Earlier versions had the hole.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/7730/longhaul.JPG

so does this mean i can't put the Devastator chest piece on?

GoktimusPrime
18th August 2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, you can. The square hole was originally intended to help secure the chest plate but in reality it never worked properly anyway, so they got rid of it in subsequent releases.

roller
18th August 2008, 06:11 PM
ta

I seem to remember that BW K9 figure was sold in packaging that was different to the non fuzor and transmetal toys, am i wrong?

GoktimusPrime
18th August 2008, 07:36 PM
The first year of carded BW toys had rocky and smooth bubble packaging variants, but as K-9 is a later wave figure I don't think he had those packaging variants.

MOSC K-9
http://transformers.winterchill.com/mycollection/beastwars/k9.jpg

The main variation that occurs with K-9 is in the nose paint application. There's one version which has just the nose and front of the muzzle spray-painted black (below left) whereas the other one has the entire muzzle spray-painted black (below right).

http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx3/zbwk9varinoses.jpg

Geminii
19th August 2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, you can. The square hole was originally intended to help secure the chest plate but in reality it never worked properly anyway, so they got rid of it in subsequent releases.

I always wondered what that thing was for. The chestpiece (or at least the one I had) didn't have anything which ended up even close to the hole. I did experiment with plugging the green Dev waist/abs piece in there in attack mode, as an alternative to attaching it to the hip-piece/missile rack.

roller
20th August 2008, 07:41 PM
what does S*T*A*R*S as in stars base, stand for ?

Any different paints used on Swerve or Outback in the encore release?

dirge
20th August 2008, 08:11 PM
Any different paints used on Swerve or Outback in the encore release?

Yes. Swerve has a silver face with blue eyes, Outback has blue eyes also, along with a stamped Autobot logo on his right arm.

GoktimusPrime
20th August 2008, 09:24 PM
what does S*T*A*R*S as in stars base, stand for ?
Secret Transformers Autobot Rescue Squad.

The idea was that by joining this club, you became an ally of the Autobots. If you spot Decepticon activity you were supposed to contact the Autobots to alert them! I seriously used to pretend to do this - I actually had a rotary-dial telephone on my desk and pretended to call the Autobots with it. It wasn't actually plugged in or anything - wasn't a working phone, but I would play make believe. Later when I had a dial-up modem and computer in my room (back in the pre-internet days of dial-up BBSes) I got a telephone extension cord so that the phone could actually work. :p

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/e/e0/Johnny_htdduoafa.jpg

roller
20th August 2008, 10:33 PM
Secret Transformers Autobot Rescue Squad.

The idea was that by joining this club, you became an ally of the Autobots. If you spot Decepticon activity you were supposed to contact the Autobots to alert them!

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/e/e0/Johnny_htdduoafa.jpg

did they ever pick up? :D

What number were you supposed to call to inform them of 'Con activity?

iceburn
20th August 2008, 10:44 PM
2255 87 28862687

Pulse
20th August 2008, 11:55 PM
Supposedly Prime would call you back (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Transformers_phone_call) if you left a message in a sexy voice... ;) :D

Autocon
21st August 2008, 12:21 AM
why did they change the name aquasting? i think it was a better name

roller
21st August 2008, 07:28 PM

cause Injector sounds better

Gutsman Heavy
21st August 2008, 07:54 PM

At least it isn't Lartarartolarltorartlroar, Ratatata, Ratatouille? You know what I mean!

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2008, 10:09 PM
You mean Raatoraata. And that name was never intended for the Anglophone market, so it's a rather unfair comparison. I'm far less forgiving when Hasbro gives us dodgy names which are intended for Anglophone markets... like "Scattorbrain." (-_-)

roller
22nd August 2008, 12:00 PM
Supposedly Prime would call you back (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Transformers_phone_call) if you left a message in a sexy voice... ;) :D

was or still is, that phone message thing availible in Australlia?

dirge
22nd August 2008, 07:04 PM
I think Aquasting sounds much better than Injector. Hasbro's obsession with "or" for a couple of years there gave us some really stupid names (such as "Scattor"). I'm not really a fan of Aquasting, these "or" names just feel illiterate to me.

FFN
22nd August 2008, 07:48 PM
To those with Classics 2.0 Onslaught, are there any real colour differences then the pictures we've seen with the henkei release?
I know you've taken a few pictures, but the phone cameras kinda dull the colours a bit..
cheers :D Basically the 'Transformers USA' Universe release in Japan is more accurate to both the original toy (general colour) and the cartoon (head deco). Tomy kept Hasbro's deco shout-outs to the American fan Monzo, though.

You mean Raatoraata. And that name was never intended for the Anglophone market, so it's a rather unfair comparison. I'm far less forgiving when Hasbro gives us dodgy names which are intended for Anglophone markets... like "Scattorbrain." (-_-) Last I checked, Scatterbrain was english slang. I believe it means somebody is confused/forgetful.

The-Guy-Who-Looks-Just- Like-Injector's name doesn't mean anything in Japanese.

I think Aquasting sounds much better than Injector. Hasbro's obsession with "or" for a couple of years there gave us some really stupid names (such as "Scattor"). I'm not really a fan of Aquasting, these "or" names just feel illiterate to me. Injector is actually how you spell the word, though.

dirge
22nd August 2008, 08:40 PM
Injector is actually how you spell the word, though.

Fair enough. I still think it's a poor name for Transformer :eek:

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 09:13 PM
Atleast it's not as bad a TF name as "Dirge"... :rolleyes: (& what's a Dirge? A funeral hymn or lament (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dirge) WTH!? :D)

dirge
22nd August 2008, 09:16 PM
Lamest. Joke. Ever.

roller
22nd August 2008, 09:18 PM
i think Dirge is a cool name, especially for a Decepticon

Injector is a product of his time, stop dissin Injector yo, he already has problems pickin' up with 'his face only a predacon could love'

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 09:25 PM
Lamest. Joke. Ever.

Wahahaha! :D

Atleast my name is completely TF-Unrelated so you can't make any jokes about it... :P

roller
22nd August 2008, 09:28 PM
Wahahaha! :D

Atleast my name is completely TF-Unrelated so you can't make any jokes about it... :P

um Pulse, Pulse is a Dreamwave decepticon who got scrapped in War Within

not tf my afterburner! http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Pulse

:D

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 09:43 PM
In my disturbed reasoning, Dreamwave originated that name but they're now dead so the TF name "Pulse" no longer exists... :D

loophole
22nd August 2008, 09:52 PM
so does that mean you dont exist either??:p

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 10:10 PM
That's right Loopholey, I'm just a figment of everyone's imagination... ;)

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2008, 11:19 AM
The TF name and character still does exist even if DW are no longer producing TF comics. Remember that IDW are unable to reprint any images of Circuit Breaker despite the fact that Marvel Comics haven't been making TF comics since 1993 (other than the recent Avengers/TF crossover) - and Circuit Breaker hasn't appeared since the end of the G1 comics in 1991/2!

Decepticon Pulse lives on!

FFN
23rd August 2008, 03:55 PM
Marvel Comics owns Circuit Breaker because they had her appear as the saviour of the Marvel Universe in Secret Wars II before making her debut in Transformers. Thus, she is a Marvel character, not a Transformers character.

This was done solely so Marvel could claim ownership over the character.

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2008, 04:20 PM
iirc they did the same thing with Death's Head too, so that's also a character owned by Marvel.

Autocon
23rd August 2008, 05:02 PM
going on with the injector/aquasting theme

were there any released with the aquasting packaging?
would they be a pretty penny?

roller
23rd August 2008, 06:56 PM
going on with the injector/aquasting theme

were there any released with the aquasting packaging?
would they be a pretty penny?

what are you really saying? That you have an Injector in Aquasting packaing?

Course it would be worth more, like anything else packaged wrongly. Many people will tell you that they are not worth more, but they are wrong.

FFN
23rd August 2008, 09:48 PM
Actually incorrectly packaged items aren't really worth that more. Artificial inflation of the value of things by people *thinking* it should be worth more. What he's asking about is a toy in pre-production packaging, which would be worth more.

But I am unaware of how far into the design and pre-production stage did the name Aquasting last before they renamed the toy Injector. If Hasbro ditched it while the toy was still at concept stage or the back-and-forth design stage between Hasbro and Takara, the name probably wouldn't have been printed on anything yet.

kup
23rd August 2008, 10:43 PM
Marvel Comics owns Circuit Breaker because they had her appear as the saviour of the Marvel Universe in Secret Wars II before making her debut in Transformers. Thus, she is a Marvel character, not a Transformers character.

This was done solely so Marvel could claim ownership over the character.

I don't get it. How come her origins are told within TF Marvel US as an important subplot? There doesn't seem to be any space of time for her to make her first appearance anywhere else from the hospital to her first appearance as circuit braker.

roller
23rd August 2008, 11:03 PM
Actually incorrectly packaged items aren't really worth that more. Artificial inflation of the value of things by people *thinking* it should be worth more. What he's asking about is a toy in pre-production packaging, which would be worth more.

sure :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2008, 11:27 PM
How come her origins are told within TF Marvel US as an important subplot? There doesn't seem to be any space of time for her to make her first appearance anywhere else from the hospital to her first appearance as circuit braker.
As FFN said Circuit Breaker appeared in Secret Wars II briefly before appearing in Transformers - and it was in Transformers where her origin was explained. Her appearance in the Secret Wars was just so that Marvel could secure the rights to that character. Marvel UK did the same thing with Death's Head - he appeared briefly in some non-TF comic strip just so that Marvel could claim ownership of the character before inserting him into the Transformers comic as he was always intended to be.

Both characters are intended to be for the Transformers universe and were created as such, but Marvel had them debut in other non-TF titles just so that they could claim ownership over those characters.

roller
24th August 2008, 03:36 PM
can someone link me to the site of the criminal who cannibalises tfs for his sure to be attrocious 'art'

?

gamblor916
24th August 2008, 03:45 PM
Ok I have a question. What is the likelihood of an Encore Shockwave? Who owns the mould and will it see the light of day?
The reason I ask is I'm deciding whether or not to part with my G1 shocky.

GoktimusPrime
24th August 2008, 04:16 PM
I'd say hang onto it until you have an Encore Shockwave in your hands (or at very least until TakaraTOMY announces it). Even if they own the mould it may not mean that they'll reissue it. After all we know that Takara have the Eject/Rewind mould yet they've never reissued either of them! Gah!

Autocon
24th August 2008, 05:19 PM

But I am unaware of how far into the design and pre-production stage did the name Aquasting last before they renamed the toy Injector. If Hasbro ditched it while the toy was still at concept stage or the back-and-forth design stage between Hasbro and Takara, the name probably wouldn't have been printed on anything yet.

they said the name aquasting in a commercial for the fuzors, thats all i know

MV75
24th August 2008, 05:24 PM
I'd say hang onto it until you have an Encore Shockwave in your hands (or at very least until TakaraTOMY announces it). Even if they own the mould it may not mean that they'll reissue it. After all we know that Takara have the Eject/Rewind mould yet they've never reissued either of them! Gah!

Really? Man, I'd like those to go with my tfc blaster.

They should do a casstte set like the minibots.

BTW, I'll give that shockwave a good home. :)

Pulse
24th August 2008, 05:33 PM
A whole bunch of Encore cassettes? That would be bloody awesome! :)

Do I seriously think it's gonna happen? not very likely... :(

FFN
24th August 2008, 08:03 PM
they said the name aquasting in a commercial for the fuzors, thats all i know If that's the case its possible Aquadsting may have appeared on packaging for early samples.

gamblor916
24th August 2008, 08:51 PM
A whole bunch of Encore cassettes? That would be bloody awesome!

Yeah that would be even better if they did the late Japanese ones as well.
See the aftermarket prices plummet :D

GoktimusPrime
24th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Autocon is right. The name Aquasting appeared in early promotional material and TV commercials, hence why the prototype name is so well known. But when the toy actually hit shelves it was called Injector much to everyone's surprise as we were all expecting it to be called Aquasting. Fuzors TV commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6n2ZeYfapM)

Really? Man, I'd like those to go with my tfc blaster.
We know that they have the Eject/Rewind mould because they've used it twice in recent years. Both Flipsides (came with reissue Twincast) and Rosanna (from KISS Play) are repaints of Eject/Rewind. So they definitely have the mould but for some reason that eludes me refuses to use it for an Eject/Rewind reissue! As much as I appreciate the coolness of the Flipsides character I would have much preferred either Eject or Rewind with Twincast. :/

They should do a casstte set like the minibots.
They could, although it'd be a combination of Autobot and Decepticon cassettes. Afaik they would be able to reissue:
+ Eject
+ Rewind
+ Steeljaw
+ Laserbeak
+ Buzzsaw
+ Ravage

...the Minibot reissue sets came with 5 figures each and there are at least 6 cassettes there that they could reissue. So which one should they exclude? I would exclude Laserbeak since he's already been reissued in the Encore line (with Encore Soundwave).

Yeah that would be even better if they did the late Japanese ones as well.
See the aftermarket prices plummet
I think we'd see people quickly selling off what stock they had before the reissues hit shelves like we did with Ginrai. :D Of course, we don't really know if Takara still have those moulds or not. :/

roller
24th August 2008, 10:36 PM
Ok I have a question. What is the likelihood of an Encore Shockwave? Who owns the mould and will it see the light of day?
The reason I ask is I'm deciding whether or not to part with my G1 shocky.

and you know who to sell it to dont you :D

MV75
24th August 2008, 10:46 PM
We know that they have the Eject/Rewind mould because they've used it twice in recent years. Both Flipsides (came with reissue Twincast) and Rosanna (from KISS Play) are repaints of Eject/Rewind. So they definitely have the mould but for some reason that eludes me refuses to use it for an Eject/Rewind reissue! As much as I appreciate the coolness of the Flipsides character I would have much preferred either Eject or Rewind with Twincast. :/

Doh! Now I remember. :) I was trying to repress that horrible blaster version...

I'm still hanging for an Encore shockwave. It's #1 on my list of wants. :) Jetfire a close second.

gamblor916
25th August 2008, 09:39 AM
and you know who to sell it to don't you

It's a double but I'll think I'll hang on to it for now. :)

Omega Supreme
25th August 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi all, I would like to buy a box of New Transformers (Universe Classics) so im able to get the whole line, and possibly sell off the doubles to friends. I was wondering if there is anywhere in australia that will sell a bulk lot like this.

Im able to do this for Marvel, WWE & Star Wars and it works out great in regrads to making sure you get the whole set without overpaying, so if Im hoping I can do this with TF.

kup
25th August 2008, 06:17 PM
As FFN said Circuit Breaker appeared in Secret Wars II briefly before appearing in Transformers - and it was in Transformers where her origin was explained. Her appearance in the Secret Wars was just so that Marvel could secure the rights to that character. Marvel UK did the same thing with Death's Head - he appeared briefly in some non-TF comic strip just so that Marvel could claim ownership of the character before inserting him into the Transformers comic as he was always intended to be.

Both characters are intended to be for the Transformers universe and were created as such, but Marvel had them debut in other non-TF titles just so that they could claim ownership over those characters.

I meant that it doesn't make sense continuity wise not that it didn't happen. Yeah, as you two have said, Marvel must have forced the characters to debute in another comic to own them which is a shame since Marvel rarely uses them these days and they would of had an active role in the TF franchise.

I particularly liked Death's Head, a shame that we won't see him again in TF. It would be awesome though if Hasbro creates a very similar character to him, different enough not to step in copyright toes but with enough of Death's Head to be recognizable as a tribute to him.

GoktimusPrime
25th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Death's Head was used quite extensively after G1 ended actually - he ran into the Doctor who shrunk him down to human size and transported him out of Earth-120185 (it was the Doctor himself who'd originally sent Death's Head to Earth-120185 in the first place). Death's Head later became Death's Head II and afterwards Death's Head 3.0.

Death's head in the 120185 universe
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/b9/MarvelUK-133.jpg/250px-MarvelUK-133.jpg

Death's Head meets the Doctor (look how puny the TARDIS is!)
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/deathsheadfpa3.jpg

Death's Head as reduced to human size by the Doctor
http://www.comicworldnews.com/fathersday/wetherell/deathshead_lg.jpg

Death's Head II
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/2/25/Deathshead2_volume2_1.JPG/300px-Deathshead2_volume2_1.JPG

Death's Head 3.0
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/31/180px-AMFAN016.jpg

The Doctor and his TARDIS
http://thegrumpyowl.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/doctor_who___david_tennant_by_jennicat5.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/tardisturn_5797.gif

P.S.: There's a delicious irony that IDW now publish Transformers and Dr. Who comics. :D
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6655/751med15zr.jpghttp://www.gallifreyone.com/images/news/IDW%20comic%20200px.jpg

dirge
25th August 2008, 07:47 PM
Actually, Gok, the first set of Minibots contained six - it's possible that alls six cassettes could be sold together. Of course, Four of the six you listed _have_ been released by Takara already in recent years.

kup
25th August 2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah I know of Deathhead's history after Transformers but he is still not a commonly used character although he has had a better post TF career than Circuit Breaker.

GoktimusPrime
25th August 2008, 08:24 PM
Josie Beller was a stunt double for Samus Aran (Metroid) in Monty Oum's short film "Haloid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU&feature=related)" ;) :p Heheheh. :D

TheDirtyDigger
28th August 2008, 08:16 PM
Did the original Universe line have any fiction to go along with it?
Does the current one have any as well?

GoktimusPrime
28th August 2008, 08:51 PM
There's nothing from Hasbro (beyond tech specs), but it's since received one from 3H/OTFCC comics. Universe occurs during and after Beast Machines.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/e/ef/Universe1a.jpg/200px-Universe1a.jpg

As for the new Universe figures - like the first one it has received no canon from Hasbro outside of tech specs. Some of them have appeared in IDW comics though - but it appears that IDW are merely using the designs where they feel like it. As a line it doesn't actually have a continuity.

Universe Prowl
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/idw_universe_prowl.jpg

Universe Sunstreaker
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/idw_universe_sunstreaker.jpg
(Universe Sideswipe is in that same shot too)

So in short, the first Universe line has a fiction but the second... as a line, no.

FFN
29th August 2008, 07:48 PM
Universe comics are in continuity with the Club's Timelines comics, evidently.

Thing with these BotCon/OTFCC/Club comics they're multiversal so they're interconnected anyway.

GoktimusPrime
30th August 2008, 09:52 AM
Everything's connected in a multiverse! Any time there's a canonical discrepancy, just explain it away as an alternate reality! :) Mind you, this has been happening with Transformers since its inception so it's nothing new. :p

Gutsman Heavy
30th August 2008, 01:26 PM
Or the Unicron singularity! its the TF version of "A wizard did it"

autobreadticon
30th August 2008, 10:48 PM
i think there is a trend, retails at the toy fair bidded for the right to receive stock before other retials

kmart = universe 2.0
big w = marvel crossovers
toyworld = ultras
Toy kingdom = animated leaders

i think target will get the new wave of animated deluxes and voyagers

STL
31st August 2008, 11:54 PM
i think there is a trend, retails at the toy fair bidded for the right to receive stock before other retials

kmart = universe 2.0
big w = marvel crossovers
toyworld = ultras
Toy kingdom = animated leaders

i think target will get the new wave of animated deluxes and voyagers

I don't believe that assessment's right. Universe 2.0 has been appearing at both Target and K-Marts I've seen pretty much simultaneously but that's not a surprise given that they're owned by the same parent.

I guess BigW grabbed Marvel Crossovers b/c its one of the lesser lines.

When did animated leaders appear at TK? I haven't seen them yet. :(

hungta
1st September 2008, 02:30 PM
With the term 'kibble', is that referring to the parts from alt-mode appearing in robot mode?

Pulse
1st September 2008, 02:35 PM
I think you've pretty much nailed it spot on (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Kibble) :)

1orion2many
1st September 2008, 02:36 PM
Yes it is, it tends to be all the unsightly bits that hang off the robot;).

hungta
1st September 2008, 09:38 PM
With the Titanium line of toys, are they generally good toys (as in looking nice and posing)?. I currently have a WW Starscream and WW Optimus Prime (still in the box).

I have read that early toys in the line weren't that great. I don't have any problems with Starscream, besides paint applications.

jacksplatt11
1st September 2008, 09:45 PM
the problem i have found, which i think most other ppl have found too. is that because they use both die cast and plastic parts, they cant really hold poses.. the weight of the die cast on some of the joints makes it difficult to get some of them into a position where they wont fall down over time.. i only have 3, ww magnus, fallen and soundwave.. fallen is the best i have, whereas soundwave has to lean on something or he will just fall backwards..

dirge
1st September 2008, 09:59 PM
Soundwave's and GI Joe Megatron's joints are awful, WW Prime's paint job can be pretty bad - pot luck. If your Prime has a dodgy paint job, you should be able to see it through the box.

My Sunstorm has trouble with one shoulder collapsing, but Starscream & Thundercracker are fine.

On the whole I'm fairly impressed with the line, but Soundwave & GI Joe Megs are to be avoid, hungta.

BTW I've reviewed almost all of them here (http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/classics.php).

hungta
1st September 2008, 10:06 PM
On the whole I'm fairly impressed with the line, but Soundwave & GI Joe Megs are to be avoid, hungta.

BTW I've reviewed almost all of them here (http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/classics.php).

Really? Awww but Soundwave is one of my favourite characters!

dirge
1st September 2008, 10:29 PM
Really? Awww but Soundwave is one of my favourite characters!

Grab the MP3 player instead, man (:

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2008, 11:06 AM
I think Titanium Series TFs are terrible toys. They're alright (but not exceptional) display pieces... but yeah. Awful action figures. I tried playing with my Titanium Series Rodimus Prime the other day... guh... got frustrated and had him "rebuilt" as Classics Rodimus in my play-story. :/ I'm really not a big fan of this line and I mostly collected characters that were exclusive to this line, e.g.: War Within characters, The Fallen etc. IMO Galaxy Force Starscream is a better realisation of War Within Starscream than Titanium Series War Within Starscream!

I have a general question for everyone, if you don't mind answering, when did everyone start collecting ? (someone might have made a thread for this, point me in the right direction if there is).

I guess I can say I started properly around end of 2005.

Pulse
2nd September 2008, 11:18 AM
6 inch Titanium line = IM worthless O, Overall just plain s#%@!

Good for display purposes, but that's about it... (when their arms/legs aren't popping off :rolleyes:)

I hope WW Grimmy & Prowl are better engineered but I haven't got my hopes up... :rolleyes:

I have a general question for everyone, if you don't mind answering, when did everyone start collecting ? (someone might have made a thread for this, point me in the right direction if there is).

I guess I can say I started properly around end of 2005.

2000/2001 - I guess I was a late starter :) (compared to some ;))

roller
4th September 2008, 05:07 PM
Are the Beast MAchines Dinobots meant to be Technoraganics?

Was T-Wrecks released in Australia? I seem to recall seeing it at Kmart

GoktimusPrime
4th September 2008, 05:33 PM
Are the Beast MAchines Dinobots meant to be Technoraganics?
Except for Magmatron, yes. The Dinobots were surviving Transformers reformatted by the Oracle using dinosaur DNA acquired from Dinobot's Spark which had rejoined the AllSpark during the Beast Wars. Magmatron, a survivor from Beast Wars Neo, became the leader of the new Dinobots although he himself wasn't reformatted by the Oracle (so technically his body isn't technorganic).

Toywise Magmatron is the only Dinobot who doesn't have a Dinobot Spark Crystal, instead keeping his Predacon Spark Crystals. The BM-era Magmatron toy is almost identical to his BW-Neo era toy - the only real difference being the missiles and sword being bluntened/rounded off to conform to US toy safety laws, and even then it's a very, very subtle change (whereas in a lot of other cases it's very obvious).

Was T-Wrecks released in Australia? I seem to recall seeing it at Kmart
Your memory serves you well. He was indeed released in Australia. All the Dinobots were.

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 08:09 PM
I want to know how many characters derive from the starscream, prior to Acid storm i never knew rainmakers existed.

So Rainmakers + Sunstorm use the starscream mold.
Any other characters?

Gutsman Heavy
4th September 2008, 08:23 PM
http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/3/35/MainSeekers.gif
Main Generation One Seekers

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/5/5a/ConeheadsGenerations1.jpg/200px-ConeheadsGenerations1.jpg
Coneheads

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d8/Sunstorm_Cartoon.jpg
Sunstorm and co

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/9/9c/MmteSeekers2.gif
Generics

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/a/a4/DivideandCon.gif
Rainmakers

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/e/e1/UltimateDoom.gif
more Generics

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/a/a9/Seekers.png
and again...

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/a/af/NotDirge.gif
Not dirge

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 08:31 PM
Hasbro are going to be repainting until the cows come home! :D

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 08:40 PM
haah wooow, what link can i read this up on , don't know if Takara will make a Henkei Acid Storm so might as well get Acid storm now.

dirge
4th September 2008, 09:40 PM
(T-Wrecks) was indeed released in Australia. All the Dinobots were.

Rapticon & Terranotron weren't released here. They're repaints of TMII Dinobot & TM Terrorsaur respectively.

GoktimusPrime
4th September 2008, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah true - I did see Rapticon and Terranotron, but only as imports - which of course doesn't count. They were never locally released/distributed by Hasbro AU.

haah wooow, what link can i read this up on
Here (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Seekers)

iceburn
5th September 2008, 09:07 AM
Rapticon & Terranotron weren't released here. They're repaints of TMII Dinobot & TM Terrorsaur respectively.

I like Rapticon but his rubbery tail is weird...

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2008, 09:31 AM
Well it's a straight-up repaint of Transmetal 2 Dinobot - and the tails are rubbery as part of the gimmick (not a great gimmick, but it's there :p).

Gutsman Heavy
5th September 2008, 07:37 PM
does Superlink Kicker have a bio card?

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2008, 07:44 PM
yes.

Gutsman Heavy
5th September 2008, 07:48 PM
yes.

damn I've got bad luck today, cracked open my one (was MISB) and he don't have one :(

dirge
5th September 2008, 07:57 PM
does Superlink Kicker have a bio card?

And a tech spec decoder? ;)

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2008, 08:04 PM
Actually, it depends on which version you have. The bio-card must've come with the SS-03 pack; chrome Kicker w/ SL Grand Convoy.

Kicker's bio card
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/c/c9/Kicker-card.jpg/300px-Kicker-card.jpg

L-R: SS-03 Kicker, DVD Kicker, regular Kicker
http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/energon/img/dvdkicker_vs.jpg

regular Kicker in box & contents (no card)
http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/energon/img/kicker_hako1.jpghttp://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/energon/img/kicker_hako3.jpg

Gutsman Heavy
5th September 2008, 10:37 PM
ah, guess that explains it, mines normal.

GoktimusPrime
6th September 2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know how many other Takara TFs you have, but the bio-cards are the same size as standard collectible trading cards (e.g.: baseball, basketball, football cards etc.). I keep all my bio cards in those special sleeves for collectible cards. :) But yeah... you can see that the regular Kicker box is just way to small to hold a bio card. :)

I still don't understand why BotCon/OTFCC couldn't have printed their exclusives' bio cards at the same size as standard collectible cards... it's freakin' annoying how I can't keep their bio cards in the folder where I keep all my other bio cards. Even Hasbro's Energon stat cards are able to be placed in those sleeves (even though I've always been unimpressed with their lack of bio...)... the BotCon/OTFCC character cards are well designed but I think they're oversized. Considering what we pay for them you'd think they'd be able to make them smaller (wouldn't that be cheaper too?).

Pipesqueak
7th September 2008, 12:19 PM
What encore releases have been announced? I remember the Thundercracker and Skywarp set and Metroplex. Anything else?

Pulse
7th September 2008, 12:27 PM
Yep, Skywarp/Thundercracker is 11 & Metroplex is 12 and that's it so far (I wonder what number Fort Max will be... :))

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2008, 12:35 PM
Official site (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/TF/products/encore.html)

gamblor916
7th September 2008, 05:24 PM
Ok this might be a bit subjective. What colour is Sunstorm? Is he bright yellow, a warm yellow orange, orange or dark orange? It's hard to tell from pics online. Representations of both toys and comics. I'm thinking it's a warm yellow orange.

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2008, 06:09 PM
Your appraisal is fairly accuratey - he's primarily amber. I assume you're talking about e-Hobby Sunstorm. Other Sunstorms' shades of yellow may vary - the yellow on my Cybertron Legends Sunstorm appears brighter.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Famous%20Covers/cover_g1v306.jpg

gamblor916
7th September 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks Gok, I thought he may have been brighter.

Pulse
8th September 2008, 07:12 PM
I was wondering if any of you long-time collectors could help me out :) - Thanking you in advance

Before the TFC range of G1 Reissues began in '00, Had the Ebay prices of original G1s just about reached astronomical heights?

autobreadticon
8th September 2008, 08:08 PM
WOw i never knew Binaltech could potentially become KO given their level of quality.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?p=629198

Does the price in ebay give a hint that the toy could be a KO, e.g a HK seller has them for $25 USD , i am unsure if thats the price they sell for.

GoktimusPrime
8th September 2008, 08:57 PM
Uh... what's your question bread?

Before the TFC range of G1 Reissues began in '00, Had the Ebay prices of original G1s just about reached astronomical heights?
First of all, TFC reissues came out in 2002, not 2000. Takara started doing G1 reissues in 2000, but they weren't part of the TFC line. I don't think G1 figures really became all too expensive until the movie came out - in my observation anyway. *shrug* In 2005 I decided to complete all the TF characters who appeared in G1 US cartoon seasons 1-3 as I figured they'd be the most popular and probably appreciate more compared to those who didn't appear in those seasons. I only had a small handful of toys to get, but I managed to complete that list by the end of 2005 with the exception of Sky Lynx (*huggles Encore*). I wouldn't consider these toys to be "astronomical" in 2005 and I honestly haven't looked on eBay for G1 TFs within that range since.

Pulse
8th September 2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that Goktimus :)

About me mixing up the Takara & TFC reissues :o, You can blame wikia (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Reissue) for that

I know the Classics reissues in the early 90's would have filled some holes in people's collections but there was a 9 year-gap between the end of Classics & the first of Takara's reissues (so I assumed interest & wanting for more reissued G1s would have been high)

GoktimusPrime
8th September 2008, 10:37 PM
Serves you right for trusting a wiki(a)!

roller
10th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Was it ever stated in Beast Wars or Machines that spark transfers, were tricky? and could only be performed by Megatron??

I know Optimus Primal managed to take OPtimus primes easily.

So then why not do the same for Dinobot or Transmutate? To save em from death

Tommy K
10th September 2008, 09:09 PM
ok workingoff memory, dinobot and transmutate both died, and the damages done tothem were way past stasis lock, optimus was the first one to do an OPTIMAL spark transfer, what happens is that when you put another bots spark into your body (speeking in the transformers sense) you will gain a new body, a reformation will occur and you will gain a new body. then if you choose to keep the spark its very dangerous to do so. megatron should be stated as a transmetal 2 but an optimal because of what he did with the original megs spark. then you have to think of altmodes, all optimals can have up to 6 modes but the can just have 2 if they want to. theres a whole bunch of other stuff i could go on about, like how tigerhawk, optimal optimus and optimal megatron are all different but i have to study

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2008, 09:14 PM
I know Optimus Primal managed to take OPtimus primes easily.
I wouldn't say it was "easy"... it was pretty traumatic really. Primal was convulsing in pain and the other Maximals wondered if he was dying. It was a pretty traumatic transmutation.

So then why not do the same for Dinobot or Transmutate? To save em from death
I'd say that because their Sparks were already dying or dead beyond the point of no return (and thus beyond the point where quarantining a Spark could be possible).

With Optimus Prime and G1 Megatron, their Sparks weren't in any kind of critical condition - merely in a suspended-animation kind of stasis lock, which preserves the Spark. When Dinobot's Spark was faltering, his computer repeatedly prompted a shutdown to stasis lock to protect his Spark - even warning Dinobot that failing to do so may result in loss of Spark, but Dinobot insisted on overriding the stasis lock. In doing so, he allowed his Spark to perish. By time the Maximals got to him it was already too late to save him - and Dinobot knew this (hence the truly heroic nature of his sacrifice).

As for Transmutate - save her Spark?! They couldn't even save her body after it was blown to smithereens by Silverbolt and Rampage! There wasn't enough left of her to build a freakin' bicycle for Chak and Una. :p

Optimus Primal and Megatron were carrying living Sparks, not dying Sparks.

Edit: re: Tigerhawk - Tigerhawk is an entirely different thing; he wasn't carrying dual Sparks; more accurately, Tigatron and Airazor's Sparks had merged together into one (afterwards their Sparks separated again ressurecting Tigatron and Airazor as Transmetals).

Transmetal Tigatronhttp://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/7/76/Primeval_Tigatron.jpg/180px-Primeval_Tigatron.jpghttp://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/c/c3/TransmetalAirazor2.jpg/150px-TransmetalAirazor2.jpgTransmetal Airazor

roller
10th September 2008, 10:57 PM
hmmmm yeah i agree with dinobots

Ive always thought that "Dawn of futures past" was just a bit hard to believe, i always thought that transfering a spark, whether it be living or dieing, would be dangerous or like Gok said traumatic.

In "Dawn of futures past" it just seemed so easy to save Unit 2 and Airrazor.
And i got the feeling in Beast Machines that the maximals were in disbelief that a spark could be removed.

Did the Axalon dock with the chromia 10? I dont think we ever see it, and somehow Airrazor and Unit 2 are brought aboard, during a battle with the Darksyde, a bit hard to believe to me

Tommy K
10th September 2008, 11:17 PM
ok im just hearing about dawn of futures past, anyone got a copy?

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2008, 07:44 PM
In "Dawn of futures past" it just seemed so easy to save Unit 2 and Airrazor.
You have an odd definition of "easy"! Remember that Unit 2 and Airazor had their memories completely wiped as a result of having their Sparks transferred to blank protoforms. That's pret-ty traumatic!

And i got the feeling in Beast Machines that the maximals were in disbelief that a spark could be removed.
The Vehicons accessed or developed technology (i.e. Spark Extractors (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Spark_extractor)) designed to remove Sparks in-tact, allowing Sparks to be captured but without allowing them to perish and thus rejoin the AllSpark.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/6/66/Cycle_drone_with_extractor.jpg/300px-Cycle_drone_with_extractor.jpg

omega3
11th September 2008, 11:02 PM
where are the hasbro/ takara markings on g1 primes cab?
and is a g1 bumblebee that is marked takara 1980, 1984 rarer than one thats marked hasbro

thanks

Rampage
11th September 2008, 11:34 PM
where are the hasbro/ takara markings on g1 primes cab?
and is a g1 bumblebee that is marked takara 1980, 1984 rarer than one thats marked hasbro

thanks

1) doesnt have any Has/Tak markings on the cab only on the bottom of the trailer

2) not really

autobreadticon
12th September 2008, 06:24 PM
sorry forgot about my previous post, are their KO binaltech in the market now?

Pulse
12th September 2008, 07:09 PM
There sure are... :rolleyes:

If they were better quality, it'd be hard to tell the difference between those & real ones.

For example, Here's a Wheeljack (http://www.flickr.com/photos/megabee/1409771855/)

roller
12th September 2008, 11:53 PM
Is the IDW Shockoract the same as the BotCon comics shockoract?

Or is there conflicting stuff between them
?

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 12:08 AM
Um... yes but from alternate realities - so I guess that means no?

Shokaract always originated from the same universe that the regular Beast Wars continuity exists in, but his destiny branches off differently between the 3H and IDW versions of himself. In both reality-streams Shokaract was ultimately always Unicron's pawn, working toward collecting his Angolmois Energy (aka "Dark Essence") for his ressurection (which Unicron achieved in Beast Wars Neo).

Unicron reformats Cybertron as his new bodyhttp://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/b/bf/BWNeo_Unicron.JPG

Furman has stated that the IDW BW universe is intended to be in the same continuity as the rest of Beast Wars. He did to BW what he was doing with G1 during the UK comic run in terms of creating an expanded universe rather than an alternate universe. The IDW BW stories are meant to compliment and expand on the existing BW stories, not to conflict with them.

Furman specifically states this in an interview on one of the Madman Beast Wars DVD interviews (Season 3).

FFN
13th September 2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for that Goktimus :)

About me mixing up the Takara & TFC reissues :o, You can blame wikia (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Reissue) for that

I know the Classics reissues in the early 90's would have filled some holes in people's collections but there was a 9 year-gap between the end of Classics & the first of Takara's reissues (so I assumed interest & wanting for more reissued G1s would have been high)
Serves you right for trusting a wiki(a)! It says 2000 as in the era of the 2000s. Not "It started in the year 2000." But I'll put 's' at the end of each 2000 to make it clearer.

If you want to criticize the wiki, criticize it for the mysterious non-listing of the pre-Collection reissues.

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 12:33 PM
..oh, there's all kinds of things I would criticise on TF wikia (and wikis in general)... I usually discourage my students from using wikis as sources for research, but if they do choose to use a wiki I always tell them to back it up with at least 2-3 other independent sources of information.

Pulse
13th September 2008, 01:44 PM
If you want to criticize the wiki, criticize it for the mysterious non-listing of the pre-Collection reissues.

So FFN, why aren't the pre-collection reissues mentioned? (Haven't gotten around to it ay? ;))

Tommy K
13th September 2008, 02:25 PM
does anyone know what happened in dawn of futures past? inever got the comic

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 02:47 PM
Google is your friend (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Dawn_of_Future%27s_Past)

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know what, if any, purpose the pegs on the back of Transmetal Cheetor's front beast mode legs are for?
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jimmey-11/other/cheetor-014.jpg

Pulse
13th September 2008, 03:05 PM
When planning Transmetal Cheetor's figure, Armada (& the minicon thing) was already in the distance and with repaints being planned years/lines ahead, Someone suggested "Let's give him Minicon Ports so that we don't have to change his mould down the track..." (in that he'll ultimately be re-painted/packaged with Minicon Cliffjumper (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/0/07/ArmadaCheetorToy.jpg))

Read that with a grain of salt... :D

Tommy K
13th September 2008, 05:29 PM
thanx gok

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 08:27 PM
Read that with a grain of salt...

I don't know why those pegs are there but it's definitely not what Pulse said.

griffin
13th September 2008, 08:54 PM
..oh, there's all kinds of things I would criticise on TF wikia (and wikis in general)... I usually discourage my students from using wikis as sources for research, but if they do choose to use a wiki I always tell them to back it up with at least 2-3 other independent sources of information.

Google is your friend (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Dawn_of_Future%27s_Past)

Huh??? You discourage the usage of wikia to students for being 'unreliable', but recommend it to us.

When planning Transmetal Cheetor's figure, Armada (& the minicon thing) was already in the distance and with repaints being planned years/lines ahead, Someone suggested "Let's give him Minicon Ports so that we don't have to change his mould down the track..." (in that he'll ultimately be re-painted/packaged with Minicon Cliffjumper (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/0/07/ArmadaCheetorToy.jpg))

Please don't post answers that don't have anything to back them up, as it will just confuse newer fans who will probably believe anything a long-time/veteran member says. Leave it to someone else to answer, or clearly state that you are just guessing, because Transmetals and Armada are 3 years apart (development is 18months, so Armada wasn't even an idea at Hasbro at the time of Transmetals).
And if you checked, a Minicon can't plug onto it because of the little knob inside the Minicon port.
To be honest, I don't know why they are there, and do agree that they look intentional (but never noticed it before now). It'd be interesting if they were meant to plug into something, but later dropped during the design stages.

Pulse
13th September 2008, 09:26 PM
No worries Griffin. I thought that grain of salt thing kinda gave it away... :)

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 09:54 PM
Huh??? You discourage the usage of wikia to students for being 'unreliable', but recommend it to us.
I wasn't actively seeking a wikia link, that was just the first result I got from Googling "Dawn of Future Past" - there are plenty more other sources too if anyone would care to Google it (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=dawn+of+future+past&btnG=Google+Search&meta=). In other words, I'm recommending the use of search engines.

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2008, 11:29 PM

That kind of explains it. Except that it is a really bad position. I always thought it might have been a mould they had already made and decided to use for Cheetor and as suck they were to have some function, like for a combiner or something

griffin
14th September 2008, 01:46 AM
I wasn't actively seeking a wikia link, that was just the first result I got from Googling "Dawn of Future Past" - there are plenty more other sources too if anyone would care to Google it (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=dawn+of+future+past&btnG=Google+Search&meta=). In other words, I'm recommending the use of search engines.

My post above was not a fair question, as it challenges his usage of wikia. Even if two preceeding posts comment on it being unreliable and not something recommended for students to use, it does not mean that it can't still be used as a resource if nothing else is available. It openly questions his actions on the board, and should have been done privately.
I'm sorry, I should have set a better example.

Wiki/wikias/wikipeadia can be an objective, reliable source if it references its content (most do at the bottom of the page). You just have to check its sources, like you would with any printed publication. And the Internet can, and does, get identified legally as a published medium (in relation to terrorism, paedophilia, and other crimes), if the source and content is confirmed as legitimate (like any printed publication - it isn't reliable unless it's content can be verified as legitimate in its bibliography).

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 08:33 AM
That kind of explains it.
No it doesn't. Beast Wars Transmetals were released in 1998 - a good 5 years before Armada in 2003. Like I said, I personally don't know why those pegs are there, but it's definitely not for the reasons that Pulse cited.

Furthermore, Armada Cheetor's Powerlinx ports are on his flight mode's boosters, not on the back of the forelegs.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/0/07/ArmadaCheetorToy.jpg/270px-ArmadaCheetorToy.jpg (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/0/07/ArmadaCheetorToy.jpg)

FFN
14th September 2008, 09:23 AM
So FFN, why aren't the pre-collection reissues mentioned? (Haven't gotten around to it ay? ;)) Probably. There's only a dozen regular contributors, and about 2/3rds of them contribute every day. I usually handle a lot of toy stuff there, but reissues is not my area of expertise.

autobreadticon
14th September 2008, 11:53 PM
hay i am curious about potential ''school holiday" sales on toys mentioned somewhere on the forum, since both Kmart and target sales have pasted, what are the likely retailers that will hold sales . hoping for BIGW to hold a sale or
cough# Myer (~60% of their toy stock have had price reductions)

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2008, 12:48 PM
News about sales are usually reported and discussed in the Australian News section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6).

As for reissues, two sites I would recommend would be Autobase Aichi (http://snakas.web.infoseek.co.jp/) (only lists Takara(TOMY) reissues but is very comprehensive) and TFArchive (http://www.tfarchive.com/) (lists both Hasbro and Takara reissues but not quite as comprehensive as Autobase Aichi).

griffin
15th September 2008, 02:15 PM
Don't forget the website I keep on plugging:
http://megatronofcybertron.homestead.com/thetoyarchive.html
It's fairly comprehensive, with both Hasbro and Takara, and has photos of most items.

blackie
15th September 2008, 02:41 PM
alright so i want to buy a mp prime soon, but after reading all the QC problems i was wondering if:
a) its better to get a mp01 and the unliscenced trailer
b)get an mp04 from overseas
c)find an mp04 here somwhere...
any other suggestions?

thanks

Nick

Saintly
15th September 2008, 03:24 PM
alright so i want to buy a mp prime soon, but after reading all the QC problems i was wondering if:
c)find an mp04 here somwhere...
any other suggestions?

thanks

Nick

I thought someone in VIC does have a spare MP4??

Pulse
15th September 2008, 03:30 PM
I got my MP-04 from RK before they got released here & it was 100% perfect! :)

iceburn
15th September 2008, 03:36 PM
I thought someone in VIC does have a spare MP4??

ehh who, what, where???

Saintly
15th September 2008, 03:39 PM
ehh who, what, where???

I might get shot if I reveal their identity... i'm sure if they want to make themselve known, they will :o

EDIT: saw it in the sept acquisition thread

Paulbot
15th September 2008, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure that there are any MP04s left around in Victoria.

The unlicensed trailer doesn't transform so while it looks fine in truck mode, it doesn't have that extra G1 touch that the MP04 trailer does.

However Demonac is selling Optimus Prime and the unlicensed trailer (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2126) (although in that case Prime is the Hasbro version not the Takara Masterpiece one)

STL
15th September 2008, 05:03 PM
I know where a MP04 is left in Melbourne. Two perhaps. Will PM.

iceburn
15th September 2008, 05:14 PM
on clearance price like $99??? *hehe*

Pulse
15th September 2008, 09:16 PM
on clearance price like $99??? *hehe*

Christmas is still a couple of months away... ;)

iceburn
15th September 2008, 09:29 PM
Christmas is still a couple of months away... ;)

yes i know...my company started asking who's interested in Kris Kringle since last week and i got a shock. moreover, they've increase the price to contribute a gift at $15 (instead of the previous $10). $5 more and I can hope to receive a decent Transformer Deluxe toy....

i'm hoping to get a Scout this time round. Last year, I've got the Movie 2-pack Robot Heroes!! :p

roller
15th September 2008, 09:40 PM
Because Universe 2 is a diahorrea of various continuities

does that mean that Tankor, Acidstorm and other deluxes are not from the Classics universe?

Is Henkei/Universe 2 moulds still a continuation of Henkei/Classics moulds?

Am i the only one angered over this issue? > We have a ton of Robot Heroes, but we DON'T receive Dispensor? How am i going to complete my movie cast:mad:?!!

rarayy

iceburn
15th September 2008, 11:10 PM
Am i the only one angered over this issue? > We have a ton of Robot Heroes, but we DON'T receive Dispensor? How am i going to complete my movie cast:mad:?!!

rarayy

get it customised!!!

autobreadticon
16th September 2008, 06:11 PM
Hotshot w/ Jolt (Deluxe) 2009

was there ever a picture of this toy from SDCC or botcon??

Gutsman Heavy
16th September 2008, 08:14 PM
I believe it was pictured but never seen outside so far, a botcon-ner would be more knowledgeable i suspect.

griffin
17th September 2008, 12:59 AM
Hotshot w/ Jolt (Deluxe) 2009

was there ever a picture of this toy from SDCC or botcon??

Doesn't look like it was shown at SDCC (which allowed photos), so it was only at BotCon (which didn't allow photos). It was a fairly new figure that was still only in the uncoloured prototype stage when shown at BotCon.

klystron
17th September 2008, 01:36 PM
OK stupid question time...
Does the Classics Megatron make it thru customs? Seems theres plenty of issues with Encore and MP05, but I couldnt find anyone saying they'd lost their classic/henkei/universe2008 version.
Been trolling thru posts trying to find "definitive" answer on this.
I'm guessing its ok, as toyworld had them on sale the other day. just didnt want to order one and then look like a dipstick for not checking first.
Thanks. :o

Saintly
17th September 2008, 01:38 PM
classic/henkei/universe megs don't look like a real/replica of any weapon... so there should be no problems with customs

Pulse
17th September 2008, 02:33 PM
Mate, they're not gonna seize your Classics/Henkei Megs :) (It's a freakin' nerfgun... :D)

griffin
17th September 2008, 02:39 PM
And it's packaged in robot mode, making it easier to get through, even if it was classed as being close enough to looking like a weapon for Hasbro US to give it bright colours...

klystron
17th September 2008, 02:43 PM
Ahhh, yes. Just needed some confirmation. I feel much better now. Thanks guys.

iceburn
17th September 2008, 03:02 PM
did you just order in a Henkei Megatron?? it'll be safe

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2008, 04:07 PM
Classics Megatron - yes.
Henkei Megatron - risky. It's technically classified as a prohibited replica like MP05, Encore etc.

Saintly
17th September 2008, 04:18 PM
Henkei Megatron - risky. It's technically classified as a prohibited replica like MP05, Encore etc.

but how?? just because it's metal??

iceburn
17th September 2008, 06:44 PM
Classics Megatron - yes.

what metal? the chrome???

blackie
17th September 2008, 09:35 PM
anyone know what this figue is called?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-TRANSFORMER-JET-1996_W0QQitemZ320297956098QQihZ011QQcategoryZ753QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dirge
17th September 2008, 09:50 PM

Lack of an orange tip. Yes, I know :rolleyes:

dirge
17th September 2008, 09:51 PM
anyone know what this figue is called?

Machine Wars Starscream.

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2008, 09:53 PM
Starscream.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/b8/StarscreamMW_Genesis.jpg/150px-StarscreamMW_Genesis.jpghttp://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/lluminence/EBAY/TOYS/TF/G2/MACHWARS1.jpg
http://www.unicron.us/tf1997/cartoonpix/starscream.jpg

blackie
17th September 2008, 09:55 PM
thanks guys

klystron
18th September 2008, 04:06 PM
Classics Megatron - yes.

Whoa, i was about to order a Henki from RK.
So a classics is ok, but a henki megatron is suspect?

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 05:13 PM
Yes. Please check with your state/territory laws regarding prohibited firearms and how to deal with those laws, e.g.: if you're in NSW ensure that you have a permit and other prerequisites for legally compliant ownership of prohibited gun Transformers.

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 05:17 PM
Q: What's the story with the G1 Ultra Magnus reissue toys with a blue face? Is that a common production error? Or a sign of a KO? There's quite a lot of Takara reissue Ultra Magnus' on ebay but I think there's a realistic KO version too?

klystron
18th September 2008, 05:25 PM
Yes. Please check with your state/territory laws regarding prohibited firearms and how to deal with those laws, e.g.: if you're in NSW ensure that you have a permit and other prerequisites for legally compliant ownership of prohibited gun Transformers.

Jeez. Well MP05 is legal to buy/own/whatever here in WA with no permits etc. So surely henkei megs will be ok.
I'll order in a couple of days (waiting/watching a few ebay items) and be sure to let you all know how I get on.

kurdt_the_goat
18th September 2008, 06:27 PM
There hasn't bean a reported confiscation of Henkei Megs, has there?
I got mine from RK a few months back no problems at all, but i'm in WA so it's no real measure. Considering it's in robot mode in the box, and still looks like a nerf gun, i don't think the silver alone will cause any problems.

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I think these toys are not prohibited in WA.

Paulbot: a reissue with a blue face?? Sounds like it's either a KO or someone's cobbled it together from a regular non-reissue Magnus parts... either way, something's definitely sussed.

Pulse
19th September 2008, 12:43 AM
Q: What's the story with the G1 Ultra Magnus reissue toys with a blue face? Is that a common production error? Or a sign of a KO? There's quite a lot of Takara reissue Ultra Magnus' on ebay but I think there's a realistic KO version too?

Blue face? :confused:

My KO meter is going off the scale... :D

Golden Phoenix
19th September 2008, 09:31 PM
Just some questions about the Cliffjumper upgrade kit.
- Do you guys think this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370088034548) is legit?
- The seller says that this is from the second production of the kit. I was under the impression that there was only 1 run (hence the price you see nowadays)
- and finally, that's a good price right?

FFN
20th September 2008, 04:07 AM
Just some questions about the Cliffjumper upgrade kit.
- Do you guys think this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370088034548) is legit?
- The seller says that this is from the second production of the kit. I was under the impression that there was only 1 run (hence the price you see nowadays)
- and finally, that's a good price right? It's a bootleg, and apparently it's a crap bootleg.

Pricing: The REAL one isn't worth that much. I mean, you can spend that much money on better things, or hell, get yourself an extra City Commander set. From what I recall, Fan's Project themselves artificially created the ridiculous prices for the Cliffjumper set that we see now by jacking up the price every time somebody enquired about it. At least, that's what people on the major TF boards reported.

blackie
21st September 2008, 06:52 PM
with the mp04 has anyone had lots of trouble retracting primes legs? ive tried using a fair ammount of force and it doesnt seem to work, all i have to do is push in the chrome bits on the side of his legs right?

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, push in the chrome cylinders on the sides of the legs as they trigger the locking mechanism. I've never had any problems with it.

King Atlas
21st September 2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah, there is a certain technique. It took me a while to work it out, but now it's a piece of cake.

kurdt_the_goat
21st September 2008, 08:07 PM
Try not to push the chrome bits from the centre, push them from one end (i forget which!) and jiggle the leg at the same time.

hungta
21st September 2008, 09:20 PM
I've seen reissues of transformers on online stores/ebay, I was wondering if there was a reissue of Devastator done.

GoktimusPrime
21st September 2008, 09:23 PM
iirc it's the top end. You will see it push in and that's when you know you're doing it properly.

hungta: no, there's never been a reissue of Devastator.

Pulse
21st September 2008, 11:24 PM
with the mp04 has anyone had lots of trouble retracting primes legs? ive tried using a fair ammount of force and it doesnt seem to work, all i have to do is push in the chrome bits on the side of his legs right?

When I first got mine, Those legs didn't wanna retract at all... I just could not figure it out... :(

Then with a bit of jimmying & jammying with the fuel tanks, I must have hit the sweet spot & they slid up with ease... :) (Maybe yours is exactly like mine)

blackie
21st September 2008, 11:46 PM
When I first got mine, Those legs didn't wanna retract at all... I just could not figure it out... :(

Then with a bit of jimmying & jammying with the fuel tanks, I must have hit the sweet spot & they slid up with ease... :) (Maybe yours is exactly like mine)

indeed is was, took a while tho. then i realised i couldnt fit it with my other TF's in truck mode, so now it has a shelf all to itself :P

thanks everyone :D

gamblor916
24th September 2008, 08:29 AM
Who do these belong to?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/6761/p9220160ek5.jpg

iceburn
24th September 2008, 08:46 AM
Who do these belong to?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/6761/p9220160ek5.jpg

G1 Ironhide/Ratchet's?

sifun
24th September 2008, 10:00 AM
holy crap they boot leg the cliffjumper upgrade sets now? thats ridiculous...

The blue face g1 magnus was an official release, can't remember why though, but its legit.

Pulse
24th September 2008, 10:51 AM
G1 Ironhide/Ratchet's?

Bingo! (http://www.tfu.info/1984/Autobot/Ratchet/ratchet.htm) :) I'll just get that meat tray ready for you... :D

gamblor916
24th September 2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys. They were packed with some dinobot weapons so I guess they're spare.

GoktimusPrime
24th September 2008, 01:01 PM
holy crap they boot leg the cliffjumper upgrade sets now? thats ridiculous...

Technically it's not a bootleg because the Cliffjumper Upgrade kit was never legit in the first place. :p "Oh noes~!1 An unlicensed reproduction of an unlicensed product!" :p ;P

Hereticpoo
25th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Will Hasbro or Takara ever re-issue the G1 combiners. In particular Defensor, Superion, Devastator and Menasor. Have any of the board members put the question to Hasbro or Takara. Imagine an Encore Combiner Giftset. *drool*

:)

Pulse
25th September 2008, 07:06 PM
Who knows Mate? :)

We never thought we'd get a Metroplex/Omega reissue so... Who knows? :)

GoktimusPrime
25th September 2008, 08:56 PM
Hereticpoo: Takara have already reissued some G1 gestalts; Predaking, Landcross, Sixturbo, Sixtrain, Sixliner, Sixbuilder and Sixwing (sorta).

As for Defensor, Superion, Devastator and Menasor, Takara have officially said that they will not be reissuing these gestalts. They said that it was because these gestalts have been heavily bootlegged and that Takara are not interested in competing against bootleggers in an unfair market (because there's just no way they can possibly make their reissues as cheap as KOs). Takara quickly jumped on reissuing Predaking - we saw KO Predakings cropping up shortly after the reissue came out.

There wasn't any real doubt over a reissue Metroplex but Omega Supreme was in doubt because the mould was never owned by Takara, but since Takara has merged with TOMY they've been able to acquire non-Takara moulds which have since been purchased by TOMY, such as Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme. (-_-)

Hereticpoo
25th September 2008, 10:35 PM
Hereticpoo: Takara have already reissued some G1 gestalts; Predaking, Landcross, Sixturbo, Sixtrain, Sixliner, Sixbuilder and Sixwing (sorta).

As for Defensor, Superion, Devastator and Menasor, Takara have officially said that they will not be reissuing these gestalts. They said that it was because these gestalts have been heavily bootlegged and that Takara are not interested in competing against bootleggers in an unfair market (because there's just no way they can possibly make their reissues as cheap as KOs). Takara quickly jumped on reissuing Predaking - we saw KO Predakings cropping up shortly after the reissue came out.

There wasn't any real doubt over a reissue Metroplex but Omega Supreme was in doubt because the mould was never owned by Takara, but since Takara has merged with TOMY they've been able to acquire non-Takara moulds which have since been purchased by TOMY, such as Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme. (-_-)

Thanks Gok. Its a shame that we won't be seeing these guys again. I'm surprised that they're put of by the abundance of bootleggers. Only because not many tf fans would buy ko's. And also imagine a "Universe Defensor Giftset' Surely that type of branding would sell. Oh well, I suppose I'll get back to daydreaming. :) By the way I like the new avatar.

GoktimusPrime
26th September 2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks! I was hoping that G1 fans would get my current avatar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Colin). :D :)

Soundwarp
26th September 2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Gok. Its a shame that we won't be seeing these guys again.

Mate i know, i have all of them but i definatley would kill to get them new.

liegeprime
26th September 2008, 10:07 AM
Mate i know, i have all of them but i definatley would kill to get them new.

And you're licensed to do so at that.... :eek::eek::D:D:D
Darn now the bootleggers have reissued Cyclonus /Scourge/Gnaw, Does this mean we don't get these now as well? Was hoping for a cheaper G1 Scourge so I can have at least 3 more for the sweeps and a few Gnaws.:(:( Darn Bottleggers!!:mad:

GoktimusPrime
26th September 2008, 11:18 AM
Hence why we should never support KOs and actively discourage others from purchasing them. Join the KO boycott and say no to bootlegs!

lcz128
26th September 2008, 01:11 PM
It's a bootleg, and apparently it's a crap bootleg.

Pricing: The REAL one isn't worth that much. I mean, you can spend that much money on better things, or hell, get yourself an extra City Commander set. From what I recall, Fan's Project themselves artificially created the ridiculous prices for the Cliffjumper set that we see now by jacking up the price every time somebody enquired about it. At least, that's what people on the major TF boards reported.

Holy crap! Really?! Thank goodness I didn't buy it when I saw it on the ebay thread ... I think I saw it there! :\ dayum!!! Is there a thread about warning people about it? :o

1orion2many
26th September 2008, 02:48 PM
It's a bootleg, and apparently it's a crap bootleg.

Wouldn't saying that about Fans Project without solid evidence be classed as slanderous? This is more a question for our Legal Eagle on the board:o.

kurdt_the_goat
26th September 2008, 06:48 PM

Whilst it's arguable that Metroplex was not as heavily bootlegged (i'm not sure tbh, all i know is that KO Metroplex came out more recently compared to the gestalts), at least the release of Encore Metroplex AFTER the fact, establishes some precedent for Takara going back on their word of not reissuing toys purely because of existing KO's. I'm not getting my hopes up either tho :(

GoktimusPrime
26th September 2008, 07:27 PM
Takara never actually said that they wouldn't reissue Metroflex though.

roller
26th September 2008, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't saying that about Fans Project without solid evidence be classed as slanderous? This is more a question for our Legal Eagle on the board:o.

It is my opinion as a Class-C Lawyer and journalist that and slanderous comments be stricken from the record.

autobreadticon
27th September 2008, 09:39 PM
Does the binaltech custom shoulder missles look proportional on Universe Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker's or Sideswipe's shoulder, a picture would be appreciated :)

autobreadticon
28th September 2008, 04:50 PM
does any1 on the board own binaltech custom shoulder missles ???:confused:

Gutsman Heavy
28th September 2008, 05:21 PM
I have little doubt that they would be WAY too huge for Uni Sunstreaker.

autobreadticon
29th September 2008, 12:12 AM
I have little doubt that they would be WAY too huge for Uni Sunstreaker.

thanks for that

another question , what exact costumes does spiderman wear and in which transformer comics series, thanks