PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42

Seraphim Prime
10th November 2020, 11:34 AM
They were sufficiently different in design, with PM OP Titan Master having an open mouth as well as the substantially different cab and chest.

I hadn't thought about it, but I would say that they were different characters.

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th November 2020, 06:26 PM
I would agree with them being different characters. The Legends toys (and fiction) makes it pretty clear that Ginrai is Ginrai as well. I think there is one joke about how it looks like Convoy, but that's it. Also the head is Ginrai and the body is also cooled Ginrai, whereas PMop I think has Apex? I think that even going back to G1 there is enough difference between the two (character wise) to say that while they look the same, they aren't the same character. (IMO);)

DELTAprime
10th November 2020, 08:20 PM
I agree with that. Was just wanting to see how others felt.

Of course, this means I really need to find a Power Master Optimus Prime now as I have been putting it off as I have Ginrai. My CHUG collection is character-based rather than by line like most people tend to do.

Autocon
10th November 2020, 10:13 PM
Ginray? How do you pronounce it?

Seraphim Prime
11th November 2020, 10:29 AM
Of course, this means I really need to find a Power Master Optimus Prime now as I have been putting it off as I have Ginrai. My CHUG collection is character-based rather than by line like most people tend to do.

For what it's worth, despite seeing them as different characters, I felt no need for the TR Powermaster Prime, as the Classics (and now Earthrise) figure was sufficient - partly because of a lack of connection to the original, but also because I didn't think it was that great an execution from the Magnus mould and much preferred the Ginrai version, which I did get.

SMHFConvoy
11th November 2020, 11:17 AM

I have a TR PMOP in storage if that's what you're after

Jaxius._
11th November 2020, 11:32 AM

I just bought pmop in a lot and will be selling it if you want

Jetfire in the sky
11th November 2020, 09:27 PM
Ginray? How do you pronounce it?

It might be Gin-Rye, Gok and Ode to Grasshopper would know better.

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th November 2020, 10:17 AM
The TFWiki (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ginrai) has the pronunciation as Jinrai, which would be Gin-Rye (as in the drink and the grain). So for whatever reason they decided to Anglicise the English spelling a bit, possibly to emphasise his 'I left Japan to come to America' backstory/characterisation.
It's still better than the Lightfoot/Leftfoot pun at any rate.

Jaxius._
17th November 2020, 11:01 AM
it might have been asked before but is the december 31st 2021 date on the zing site the actual release date for haslab unicron (for australia) or a placeholder?
Or do we still not know?

Krayt
17th November 2020, 11:22 AM
it might have been asked before but is the december 31st 2021 date on the zing site the actual release date for haslab unicron (for australia) or a placeholder?
Or do we still not know?

Placeholder.... Anything they don't know at all gets that date (Well, end of year of the year expected)

Seraphim Prime
17th November 2020, 03:13 PM
For some reason I had February in my mind.

BUt looking at the Haslab website I note that it only commits to early 2021. That would be for orders sent from Hasbro Pulse. I believe our orders tend to be a little after that.

Thurmus
18th November 2020, 12:54 PM
Does Titans Return Fort Max have the same gun turret in his forearm that Generations Metroplex does?

nalops
18th November 2020, 01:56 PM
Does Titans Return Fort Max have the same gun turret in his forearm that Generations Metroplex does?

I have neither toy but looking at TFwiki, "Fortress Maximus retains the opening compartment in his right forearm from Metroplex, but the gun emplacement is no longer present, seemingly meant to represent the holding cell from his original toy given its red coloration."

Thurmus
19th November 2020, 10:23 AM
Thanks nalops.

Thurmus
19th November 2020, 10:23 AM
For some reason I had February in my mind.

BUt looking at the Haslab website I note that it only commits to early 2021. That would be for orders sent from Hasbro Pulse. I believe our orders tend to be a little after that.

I had February in my mind as well. I think it may have been the pre-pandemic ETA.

JJJ
19th November 2020, 06:02 PM
I had February in my mind as well. I think it may have been the pre-pandemic ETA.

Nope, not pre-pandemic. UK vendors have let it be known that the official word to them from Hasbro is that Unicron will be ready at the very end of January 2021. This was posted to TFW2005 on the 11th of October.

Flukey
20th November 2020, 09:10 AM
Is Black Friday generally a good day to get a bargain as a TF collector or do we not see too much in the way of reductions on certain items?

nalops
20th November 2020, 09:51 AM
It has the potential to be good. There's meant to be an Amazon exclusive dropping too.

Flukey
20th November 2020, 10:17 AM
It has the potential to be good. There's meant to be an Amazon exclusive dropping too.

is this the Combiner wars Devastator that was mentioned previously?

nalops
20th November 2020, 11:21 AM
No, that's a seperate thing.

DELTAprime
21st November 2020, 11:47 PM
Does anyone else really not like the parts formers that HasTak has been doing in the last couple of Generations lines?

I feel they are pretty damn lazy.

Thurmus
22nd November 2020, 10:24 AM
I don't like all of the empty holes/sections in limbs that have a couple of bars across for strength.

JJJ
22nd November 2020, 10:24 AM
Does anyone else really not like the parts formers that HasTak has been doing in the last couple of Generations lines?

I feel they are pretty damn lazy.

I don't care for it, but it doesn't piss me off, and I'm certainly not avoiding a toy because of it. And I can understand why they do it - in the last two lines Hasbro's designers have been more restricted in their design options than normal, because the whole War For Cybertron thing is "it looks kinda like the cartoon, but slightly modernised". This puts real limits on what they can design; couple that with their existing limits for budget and child safety requirements, and you start to see that rather than being the easy way out, parts-forming for some toys may well have been the only way out. Yes, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee quite obviously could have been done without parts-forming; we've had at least one 3d printed kit that proves it. But could those couple of extra parts have been incorporated whilst remaining within Hasbro's budget for a deluxe?

I have the same "really not an issue" approach to complaints about fake parts. Okay then, you don't like what they did with Earthrise Prime's midriff? Fine, you find another way to go from a wide and square truck front to a tapering abdominal section without going over budget. And that last part is why we get fake parts.

If you (the general you, not you you :) ) want it to look like it stepped off the screen, and have a near-magical transformation sequence that keeps everything together, then you'd better be prepared to pay a lot more for your toys. Right now, for the most part, Hasbro doesn't seem prepared to make that kind of toy (but are at least testing the waters, with SS86 Hot Rod). I would suggest investigating the work of Magic Square Toys.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd November 2020, 11:24 AM
The Arcee/Elita-1 and upcoming Warpath ones definitely seem a little over the top on the partsforming, for sure. I don't mind it so much on the Cliffjumper/Bumblebee mold because at least it still stores in both modes and allows for different character models to be portrayed, but 'hey here's a shield/hoverboard' is a little bit overt, especially when the hoverboard doesn't really do anything to become the hoverboard. If it at least had a few panels that flipped out and made it look less like a bunch of alt-mode kibble then it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is...eh.

I'm glad they haven't tried it with the upcoming SS Scourge or Kingdom Blackarachnia, those character designs seem like they'd be ripe for shield-forming.

JJJ
22nd November 2020, 12:20 PM
Earthrise Arcee is a bad one, I'll grant that.

You could make the argument that they need to parts-form/shell-form in order to make it look like Arcee from the cartoon (the idiotic sexbot look), but having got my hands on an Animated Arcee I can no longer really accept that. Seeing how they did Cyberverse Wildwheel doesn't make it any better. It turns out that yes, you can incorporate the body and limbs of a slender bot into the actual substance of a vehicle if you want. I can't argue against budget issues (there would be a lot of parts and joints), but I think they could do it if they threw a bit more money at this one toy and less at a few others (which seems to be what they do in a line anyway; there's always at least one toy per line, sometimes per wave, that clearly got less attention and effort than the others).

Tha_Phantom
22nd November 2020, 02:34 PM
those character designs seem like they'd be ripe for shield-forming.

I really like this term. :p

Tha_Phantom
22nd November 2020, 02:40 PM
I don't care for it, but it doesn't piss me off, and I'm certainly not avoiding a toy because of it. And I can understand why they do it - in the last two lines Hasbro's designers have been more restricted in their design options than normal, because the whole War For Cybertron thing is "it looks kinda like the cartoon, but slightly modernised". This puts real limits on what they can design; couple that with their existing limits for budget and child safety requirements, and you start to see that rather than being the easy way out, parts-forming for some toys may well have been the only way out. Yes, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee quite obviously could have been done without parts-forming; we've had at least one 3d printed kit that proves it. But could those couple of extra parts have been incorporated whilst remaining within Hasbro's budget for a deluxe?

Yeah, all this. I did a parts count of ER Cliffjumper and as he is he has one of the highest parts counts for a deluxe, at least against what I compared it to. I suppose they could have ditched the weapon to give it the extra bits necessary to avoid shield-forming, but I feel like the weapon is a better choice in terms of giving people the perception of value, as not everyone understands how parts counts can affect the price of a toy. What I bet a lot of people don't realise is Siege Refraktor has a far lesser parts count than Cliffjumper, but nobody hesitated to buy three of those. Does being a head taller really make Refraktor a better figure in terms of value?

High_Q
22nd November 2020, 03:04 PM
My general rule is not to buy any parts-forming TF toy unless the original toy or animation model on which it's based partformed (e.g. Skytread, Omega Supreme). If it's not based on an existing toy/character, it just shouldn't parts-form.

DELTAprime
29th November 2020, 09:04 PM
Do any of you have an easy way of remembering which of the two Decepticon cars is Runabout and which one is Runamuck? I always get them mixed up.

JJJ
29th November 2020, 09:38 PM
Just remember that the one with muck in the name is the one that isn't the mucky colour.

nalops
29th November 2020, 09:45 PM
Or Runamuck isn't black?

Paulbot
29th November 2020, 10:01 PM
What about

RunaB = black
RunaM = the other one

UltraMarginal
29th November 2020, 11:14 PM
runawhite and runablack.

I gave up trying to get it right

griffin
29th November 2020, 11:59 PM
Paulbot's way is how I always remembered it too - the Black one has B in its name.

DELTAprime
30th November 2020, 12:04 AM
Thanks.

Jaxius._
30th November 2020, 12:07 AM
Was there meant to be a black friday exclusive this year? I swear i heard about one but obviously it’s been black friday and nothing

nalops
30th November 2020, 02:14 AM
Was there meant to be a black friday exclusive this year? I swear i heard about one but obviously it’s been black friday and nothing

So looking back, it turned out to be the SS Devastator box set. I know the info about it being on Prime Day or Black Friday confused a lot of people, including me, but the initial post said the toy would be revealed 17th October and yea.

https://www.facebook.com/214419758596750/posts/3607187532653272/

https://www.facebook.com/214419758596750/posts/3678500755521949/

Flukey
30th November 2020, 08:57 AM
There was also talk of Combiner wars Devastator reissue for amazon AU? https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/posts/3610155419023150

nalops
30th November 2020, 12:56 PM
CW Devastator got pushed back until next year.
https://www.facebook.com/214419758596750/posts/3619692188069473/

DELTAprime
30th November 2020, 07:31 PM
Is Runabout still scheduled for Feb 2021? Because I just got a shipping notice for him from RK.

EDIT: I just got notified of my CHUG Cordon and Spinout and Thrust shipping from RK also. I guess Hasbro HK doesn't want this stuff sitting in their warehouse over Xmas???

Paulbot
30th November 2020, 08:16 PM
Yeah me too for all those from RK. Guess we might have them for Xmas!?

DELTAprime
1st December 2020, 06:16 PM
Question for people that speak Japanese. How do you pronounce Black Roritchi?

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd December 2020, 10:03 AM
Question for people that speak Japanese. How do you pronounce Black Roritchi?Type the Japanese text from his TFWiki page into Google Translate/similar and you should have a spoken/text-to-speech option. :)

It's sort of hard to type out phonetically in English in a way that someone who isn't already at least a little bit familiar with Japanese (or at least phonetics/phonemics) will really understand, because Japanese has this kind of tiny/brief pause/emphasis thing for consonant sounds that we don't really think about in English (though we do actually have/use it pronunciation-wise).

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd December 2020, 10:14 AM
Question for people that speak Japanese. How do you pronounce Black Roritchi?

burakku rorichi

Its phonetically based so Black is broken down into Japanese sounds.

Bu Ra(a as in cAp) Ku.

Roritchi is how its read/said.

Paulbot
14th December 2020, 01:05 PM
Is there a good resource for all the neo-g1 Autobot (and other) Cars introduced over the last 20 odd years? Here's what I've pulled together so far but I'm fairly certain I'm missing some.

Bascially I'm making a list of any new character that's a recolour of an Autobot Car (either a G1 toy or a later CHUG version)

Japanese G1 additions
Artfire - targetmaster white Inferno
Stepper/Ricochet - targetmaster black Jazz

eHobby additions
Roadhauler - Green Grapple
Clampdown - original Red Alert colours
Deep Cover - Black Sideswipe
Tigertrack - Yellow Sideswipe
Crosscut - Grey Skids
Roadrage - Red Tracks
Detritus - Tan Hound

Masterpiece additions
Corden - White police Sunstreaker
Spinout - Red Sunstreaker
"Bluestreak" - diaclone colours Bluestreak (treated as a different character to G1 Streak)
Exhaust - Wheeljack
Loudpedal - Black tracks
Delta Magnus - diaclone colours Ultra Magnus

Exclusives additions
Quantum Operative Skids - Skids in Movie Skids colours
Screech - Crosscut in Movie Mudflap colours
Burnout - Black Skids
Lift-Ticket - Red Hoist
Ratchet Emergency Green - no new identity, movie colours (basis for a G1 Oil Slick in Fun Pub stories)
Protect Black Ironhide - no new identity, movie colours

WFC additions
Barricade - Black Prowl
Decepticon Mirage - Grey Mirage

Not used yet Diaclone colour schemes
Red Mirage
Blue Hoist
Red Skids
Yellow Trailbreaker

Tha_Phantom
14th December 2020, 01:19 PM
I wish they'd hurry up and do red Mirage already. They could even call it Dino as a nod to the Bayverse.

Jaxius._
14th December 2020, 06:44 PM
I wish they'd hurry up and do red Mirage already. They could even call it Dino as a nod to the Bayverse.

Not to mention Delta Magnus

Krayt
15th December 2020, 09:16 AM
What about Orion Pax (Kup)?

DELTAprime
15th December 2020, 12:36 PM
Is there a good resource for all the neo-g1 Autobot (and other) Cars introduced over the last 20 odd years? Here's what I've pulled together so far but I'm fairly certain I'm missing some.

Bascially I'm making a list of any new character that's a recolour of an Autobot Car (either a G1 toy or a later CHUG version)

TF Wiki has a list of the Diaclone characters. It's not laid out particularly well for quick reference, so if you were to extract the data and make a list for people I think that would be great. Also, I suggest adding guys like Smashdown and Sound Barrier when you make your list to make it more complete. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Diaclone

Seraphim Prime
16th December 2020, 03:59 PM

Release it with the toy head from the fan vote 3 pack as a GS release and call it Dino

I'd buy it.

Tha_Phantom
17th December 2020, 04:02 PM
Release it with the toy head from the fan vote 3 pack as a GS release and call it Dino

I'd buy it.

Yeah when I saw that they did a toy-accurate head sculpt I assumed it would be used on a red version.
I'm hoping we get a 3-pack of Kingdom Ultra Magnus, Siege Sideswipe and Siege Mirage (with toy head) as a PC DX set (Delta Magnus, Deep Cover, Dino???). Probably won't happen, but I can dream.... ;)

klystron
8th January 2021, 08:10 PM
Thinking of getting some micromasters for Sky Lynx to shuttle about, since that's a thing he does.
Can someone please confirm if the following fit:

Powertrain
Highjump
Powertrain AND Highjump
Red Heat
Red Heat AND Stakeout

Its largely the height of Red Heat and Powertrain that concern me.
Cheers.

nalops
8th January 2021, 09:08 PM
If no one answers you, I'll do this tomorrow. I'll have some more time at home thanks to the lockdown and should probably open Sky Lynx already

nalops
11th January 2021, 12:21 AM
Hey, sorry for the late response. I got distracted by other things.

Anyway, finally opened Sky Lynx and can report back regarding the Micromasters.

Powertrain and High Jump both fit individually, with High Jump actually being the tighter fit. Unfortunately can't put both in together. They're a bit too long.

Red Heat struggles because of the peg on top but does fit. And yes! You can fit both Red Heat and Stakeout but you need to place Stakeout first and the door just barely closes.

The tricky thing is getting them out but luckily the bottom opening saves the day.

Let me know if you want pictures. I'll have to post them on Twitter since I don't fully know how to add photos here.

Tha_Phantom
11th January 2021, 09:03 AM
Let me know if you want pictures. I'll have to post them on Twitter since I don't fully know how to add photos here.

I use Image BB. Make sure you set it to "BBCode full linked" before copy/pasting the link here. Also sometimes they'll throw a text add into the link, I always delete that bit before posting here.

klystron
12th January 2021, 12:08 AM
Hey, sorry for the late response. I got distracted by other things.

Anyway, finally opened Sky Lynx and can report back regarding the Micromasters.

Powertrain and High Jump both fit individually, with High Jump actually being the tighter fit. Unfortunately can't put both in together. They're a bit too long.

Red Heat struggles because of the peg on top but does fit. And yes! You can fit both Red Heat and Stakeout but you need to place Stakeout first and the door just barely closes.

The tricky thing is getting them out but luckily the bottom opening saves the day.

Awesome. Exactly the info I was after. Thanks very much, appreciate the reply.

I'm kinda not sold on the idea of getting a set of micromasters now though.

Thurmus
22nd January 2021, 03:37 PM
Is the Quintesson Judge getting an Australian retail release?

JJJ
22nd January 2021, 04:17 PM

Starting to look very much like it isn't, what with SS86 and Kingdom now hitting shelves. And W3 deluxes made a token appearance in a few places.

griffin
22nd January 2021, 08:52 PM

The Earthrise Voyager Quintesson Judge was released here.
The Quintesson Pit multi-pack is not being released here.

Jaxius._
22nd January 2021, 10:00 PM

Did wave 3 voyagers make it to retail here outside of amazon?

Skyfire
22nd January 2021, 10:48 PM
I think ER voyagers wave 3 hasn't appeared at general retail. Myer is at wave 2 and Target was at wave 2 a few weeks go, at least in Perth. A Toymate here is at wave 2. However, Kmart has put deluxes (and voyagers?) on clearance and generally been bare of them. Big W has been bare of deluxes and voyagers too. Meanwhile SS86 has come to Kmart/Big W and coming now to Myer/Target. And Kingdom has come to Toyworlds/Toymates and coming now to Kmart/Target.

So with all the bare shelves lately at Big W, Kmart, Target and new stock coming in, I think Earthrise wave 3 deluxes and voyagers have been bypassed largely - final wave curse as member JJJ noted. I'm hoping Myer might get wave 3 deluxes and voyagers as they don't seem as pressured as the discount dept stores. Or Toymate gets a bunch for some random reason, like they do with other TFs/toys.

JJJ
22nd January 2021, 11:19 PM
Huh. Misread one vitally important word... Never mind me.

Voyager =/= deluxe. Oops...

Where did the Judge end up? I don't recall seeing any reports of sightings (but then I don't look at non-Vic reports much, not being elsewhere :) )

griffin
22nd January 2021, 11:53 PM
Did wave 3 voyagers make it to retail here outside of amazon?

I don't think they did.

Occasionally, we will have a single retailer doing their restock which takes up all the units on-hand of an entire wave, if the amount of stock of that wave into Australia was only small. And then it ends up looking like it is an exclusive to that retailer, even though it was available to every retailer, if those other retailers had sold out their stock fast enough to re-order while a particular wave is at the Hasbro warehouse.
Hasbro Australia are not going to import excessive amounts of stock just in case one retailer does a one-off big order... they will only bring in enough to cover any retailer pre-orders, and to top up the supply in their warehouse. I get the impression that the major retailers only pre-order the first couple of waves of each year, and then re-order if necessary after that... so the amount of stock brought into the country of the later waves is either very small or not at all (if it has been a slow year and they still have early wave stock on hand after the middle of the year).

Flukey
23rd January 2021, 09:43 PM
Not sure if this is a post for this thread, another or a completely new one but I'm seeing that there will be reissues of Siege Jetfire being released (well advertised to a number of collectable sellers)..Do we know if this will show up in retail or Amazon AU when Hasbro makes them available again?

CyberiusPrime
3rd February 2021, 10:41 PM
Quick question, when was or is the reissue if Netflix to Kmart happening?

For some reason I was able to pick up a prime and that?s it.

Paulbot
7th February 2021, 05:56 PM
I’m having trouble starting a new sales thread. I have a heap of stuff I want to get rid of, some of which will help offset the cost of Unicron and some will make space for Unicron.

I feel like I should wait until I have a big list - but that’s a daunting task that I’m struggling to start. Should I do a drip feed? Just to start things going, or do people prefer a bigger list to choose from and combine postage and things like that?

Sinnertwin
8th February 2021, 09:08 AM
I’m having trouble starting a new sales thread. I have a heap of stuff I want to get rid of, some of which will help offset the cost of Unicron and some will make space for Unicron.

I feel like I should wait until I have a big list - but that’s a daunting task that I’m struggling to start. Should I do a drip feed? Just to start things going, or do people prefer a bigger list to choose from and combine postage and things like that?

I'd just rip that band aid off, sit down and put up everything you want gone in one hit.

DELTAprime
9th February 2021, 04:02 PM
Does anyone by chance know how much Action Masters cost back in the day when you would find them on pegs at Woolworths?

Paulbot
9th February 2021, 07:20 PM
Does anyone by chance know how much Action Masters cost back in the day when you would find them on pegs at Woolworths?

I wanna say about $8 to $12 at Big W... I have a feeling there’s a price tag on my Blaster or Bumblebee card I could check.

Paulbot
9th February 2021, 10:04 PM
It was my Jackpot card that has the remnants of a Big W price sticker but no price. Two years earlier I have a Seacon with a $6.99 price sticker. My recollection is that Action Master Elites we’re closer to $20 ( although I only have a memory of seeing them once in a specialist toy store, I bought Classic Inferno instead) and the regular ones were a fairly cheapish toy.

DELTAprime
9th February 2021, 11:21 PM
Ok, thanks anyway, Paul.

Seraphim Prime
15th February 2021, 11:54 AM

I reckon start with what you can do - maybe group by generation - and note that you will be adding future things, and that you are willing to hold on to items for people who may wish to have things sent in only one or two bundles. Maybe request that people pay for the item upfront and then have them pay shipping once the whole bundle is paid.

DELTAprime
16th February 2021, 11:48 AM
Has SS86 Grimlock been seen at Aussie retail?

I have him on preorder with Amazon US, but for whatever reason, their date keeps getting pushed back so I'm after a local source.

nalops
16th February 2021, 12:34 PM

I have him on preorder with Amazon US, but for whatever reason, their date keeps getting pushed back so I'm after a local source.

It's been at some Myer and Toyworlds from what I've seen. There's an Amazon UK via AU listing as well now but it says not in stock until April.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08P21L283/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_HBX8YXR4FAYN52B2YC7A?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1

griffin
16th February 2021, 08:00 PM

Just confirming what nalops has posted... it was found at a Toyworld in the ACT, and several Myer stores in Brisbane/Gold Coast (which won't help you in Gladstone, unless you can get to Mackay or Sunshine Coast, as your closest two stores, and call in advance to make sure they have one).

But as I had noted somewhere else, Studio Series Leader class is not currently stocked by Kmart or Target... and BigW only gets new stock for a sale 2 or 3 times a year, so your best bets are Toyworld and Myer, or online.

I expect it to show up on Amazon Australia and America at some point eventually... if you are like me and are willing to wait.

JJJ
16th February 2021, 09:22 PM
Oh damn. So that Studio Series leader Shockwave I saw in my BigW around Christmas was an abberation, because of their sale? I was hoping that I'd just not noticed other Studio Series leaders because it's not my thing...

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th March 2021, 10:24 AM
I was watching Starscream' Brigade last night and decided that I love the sound of Welker's Megatron voice. It got me thinking, which episode of G1 has the most Megatron talking in it?
I rather enjoyed the two Stars Brigade episode for its focus on the Decepticons, and let's face it, in my extremely un-scientifically gathered evidence, the Autobots get a lot more screen time than the Decepticons.

So, what should I watch for the most efficient consumption of Megatron voice-i-ness?

Skyfire
13th March 2021, 12:34 AM
Not sure if this is a post for this thread, another or a completely new one but I'm seeing that there will be reissues of Siege Jetfire being released (well advertised to a number of collectable sellers)..Do we know if this will show up in retail or Amazon AU when Hasbro makes them available again?

Amazon US and Zavvi according to Omega Metro:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/25671-Amazon-AUSTRALIA-items-of-interest?p=640245#post640245

Quick question, when was or is the reissue if Netflix to Kmart happening?

For some reason I was able to pick up a prime and that?s it.

I didn't think there would be a restock but I saw this:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/21761-Online-sightings-(Australian-companies)?p=640332#post640332

Skyfire
13th March 2021, 01:02 AM
I was watching Starscream' Brigade last night and decided that I love the sound of Welker's Megatron voice. It got me thinking, which episode of G1 has the most Megatron talking in it?
I rather enjoyed the two Stars Brigade episode for its focus on the Decepticons, and let's face it, in my extremely un-scientifically gathered evidence, the Autobots get a lot more screen time than the Decepticons.

So, what should I watch for the most efficient consumption of Megatron voice-i-ness?

I've been rewatching my DVDs recently but I haven't really thought about that. Heavy Metal War is my rough guess but perhaps More than Meets the Eye part 2, City of Steel, Cosmic Rust. There are some where he has little or no dialogue e.g. The Gambler and Child's Play.

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th March 2021, 11:14 AM

So, what should I watch for the most efficient consumption of Megatron voice-i-ness?Megatron's Master Plan seems like a good bet. I think he talks a lot in that Season 1 3-parter (The Ultimate Doom?) where he brings Cybertron to Earth as well.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th March 2021, 11:12 AM
I've been rewatching my DVDs recently but I haven't really thought about that. Heavy Metal War is my rough guess but perhaps More than Meets the Eye part 2, City of Steel, Cosmic Rust. There are some where he has little or no dialogue e.g. The Gambler and Child's Play.

Megatron's Master Plan seems like a good bet. I think he talks a lot in that Season 1 3-parter (The Ultimate Doom?) where he brings Cybertron to Earth as well.

Oh yes, good thinking chaps. Thanks muchly

Skyfire
7th April 2021, 11:52 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before. How come the Japanese versions of Earthrise Deluxes/Voyagers don't come with the red decoder strip?

I just got an Earthrise Arcee and Earthrise Megatron from Japan and the instructions have a big black sticker over the diagram of the hand holding the decoder on the last page (you can tell by holding it to the light). Also the packaging box doesn't contain a red decoder (either stuck to the plastic shell or to the galaxy map). I don't need the decoder (got lots) but I thought it was a curious difference. The Chinese versions have the decoder and decoder how-to instruction.

DELTAprime
8th April 2021, 12:13 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before. How come the Japanese versions of Earthrise Deluxes/Voyagers don't come with the red decoder strip?

I just got an Earthrise Arcee and Earthrise Megatron from Japan and the instructions have a big black sticker over the diagram of the hand holding the decoder on the last page (you can tell by holding it to the light). Also the packaging box doesn't contain a red decoder (either stuck to the plastic shell or to the galaxy map). I don't need the decoder (got lots) but I thought it was a curious difference. The Chinese versions have the decoder and decoder how-to instruction.

My guess would be down to kanji vs roman characters that Takara didn't want to deal with.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th April 2021, 09:09 AM

The black sticker seems to cover over the "other languages" that appear on the instructions as well as adding Japanese text to the names and stuff.

As for the decoders... who can say. They manage to successfully cover the back of the box with a huge sticker and there is no mention of the decoders or assemble the map on the box, instructions or JP listings. I found that odd as well when I first got a few figures and though I'd lost it, but I guess they must take it out/not bother during the stickering process.

Oddly they still have the instructions printed with the cybertronian font for the tech specs and some parts of the names.

Skyfire
9th April 2021, 07:38 PM
Thanks fellas. I also thought I had lost a decoder then I saw lack of the other one. Then the covering up of the decoder how-to. My guess is the Takara galaxy maps point to the location of Takara Customer Service Department... and they want to keep that hidden :p.

DELTAprime
13th April 2021, 11:02 PM
I just ordered an MP Starscream V2 now that Amazon AU has him up for preorder, but I'm having immediate second thoughts.

How many of the MPs released in recent years have had QC issues or design floors?

High_Q
14th April 2021, 09:49 AM
How many of the MPs released in recent years have had QC issues or design floors?

The only G1 MP issues I've read about frequently enough to be of concern were MP-44's knees, and MP-9 and MP-47's general fragility.

Most other MP QC/flaw complaints i've read about were related to paint chipping.

Justice for Ironhide
16th April 2021, 12:40 PM
This is not related to the posts above, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the netflix voyager pack of primal and ratrap instead of buying them separately? This is because kingdom voyagers cost around $45-$59, with the core class costing around $19-20. I mean the only difference in getting them separately or together in the netflix voyager pack is (other than the price) the paint deco of both figures. But would it be worth it?

nalops
16th April 2021, 01:14 PM
This is not related to the posts above, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the netflix voyager pack of primal and ratrap instead of buying them separately? This is because kingdom voyagers cost around $45-$59, with the core class costing around $19-20. I mean the only difference in getting them separately or together in the netflix voyager pack is (other than the price) the paint deco of both figures. But would it be worth it?

Yes, definitely. All the Netflix Voyagers have been insane value here in Australia thanks to Kmart's $49 price for them. 2 Micromasters/Battle Masters are also $20 so the value for money has stayed the same.

griffin
18th April 2021, 07:06 PM
In America the Netflix pricing matches the contents, but in Australia, Kmart appear to have the "Voyager" pack priced as a Voyager, possibly because it has Voyager in the product name.

Tha_Phantom
20th April 2021, 11:39 PM
Does anyone recall which commemorative Hot Rod reissue we got here back in the day? Was it the English only box or multi-lingual box?

https://i.ibb.co/Lzqk5CX/20210420-233319.jpg (https://ibb.co/zhLnJST)
https://i.ibb.co/NKTs32K/20210420-233353.jpg (https://ibb.co/CQPztKQ)

Sinnertwin
21st April 2021, 07:07 AM
Multilingual

DELTAprime
21st April 2021, 07:10 AM
I know the commemorative series was a real Hasbro thing, but I still think those boxes are KOs whenever someone brings them up. They just don't look right.

Tha_Phantom
21st April 2021, 01:03 PM
Multilingual

Thanks. The multilingual does look more familiar to me, but wanted to be sure.

DELTAprime
4th July 2021, 03:16 PM
Is anyone else thinking Hasbro might not make a SS numbered 84, 85 or 87 so that they can put more G1 figures in the SS line as they have with the SS 86 figures?

JJJ
4th July 2021, 05:16 PM
Is anyone else thinking Hasbro might not make a SS numbered 84, 85 or 87 so that they can put more G1 figures in the SS line as they have with the SS 86 figures?

Interesting.

I don't think that was the original plan by any means (SS86 being a way of releasing toys that were meant for another line that got seriously re-jigged), but I'm sure it must have occurred to Hasbro by now.

But we appear to be coming to the end of G1 stuff for now (yes, there will be endless toys of the dozen or so big-name G1 characters), and the remaining toys don't seem to be enough to justify, for example, SS84. Although if that meant actually decent cassetticons for a change...

We'll just have to wait and see. Although hasn't Hasbro pretty much run out of 2007+ movie characters? I don't know, it isn't my thing, I just read this a few times when SS86 first cropped up; perhaps there just won't be enough toys to get the numbering that far. Shouldn't take long to know - TFWiki lists up to SS76 right now.

Flukey
4th July 2021, 05:32 PM
We'll just have to wait and see. Although hasn't Hasbro pretty much run out of 2007+ movie characters? .

For the Movies Studio series there are still...

Sideways
Demolisher
Strafe
Scorn
Slug
Galvatron
Hot Rod
Nitro
Mohawk
Onslaught
Dreadbot
Hound
Crosshairs

To name a few, though to be honest I use Figures from TLK toyline to cover those from that movie, as they are basically early versions of the SS line imo (Hence Nitro figure is used for KSI boss and Thundercracker while Cogman is just a repaint of his TLK figure)

Then there are the BB movie figures from the Cybertron scene that they seem to have started on..

Paulbot
4th July 2021, 08:26 PM
Mudflap and Skids could get two Studio Series toys each (DOTM cameos count!) plus a combined voyager Ice Cream truck toy!

I wonder if the next movie’s generations toys will come directly into Studio Series or not. Probably will with the kid focused lines being their own packaging.

griffin
4th July 2021, 09:50 PM

I hope they don't, as "Studio Series" is supposed to be only for Movie toys (characters who were in a Movie).
The SS86 labelling was probably necessary to differentiate a small number of Studio Series toys that were not from the current era of movies, but as noted, it might mean they might have to skip that number in the series of live action movie toys.
I don't think that they need to (because it wouldn't have the extra two digits after the 86), but it could be deemed necessary to avoid confusion/complaints about the actual SS86 toy not being a 1986 Movie toy.

It should be simple, when they get into the 80s...

SS83 - live action movie
SS84 - live action movie
SS85 - live action movie
SS86 - live action movie
SS86-01 - 1986 Jazz
SS86-02 - 1986 Kup
SS86-03 - 1986 Blurr
etc
etc
etc for the 1986 movie toys
SS87 - live action movie
SS88 - live action movie
etc
etc

Considering the Hasbro product number for the first batch of 1986 Movie SS toys puts them in just before SS70 (B-127), that would be the rough time frame of their development, so Studio Series was already getting close to number 86, and I imagine that the people working on the Studio Series toyline, would have already thought about the numbering of toys numbered in the 80s by that stage.

JJJ
4th July 2021, 09:53 PM
Reasonably sure that Hasbro has decided never to make any further toys of those two, uh, caricatures.

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th July 2021, 10:46 AM
We haven't got a SS Snarl yet either.

Flukey
5th July 2021, 10:56 AM
Im hopeful with the current ss86 dinobots being released that we will indeed get the collection....

I would assume Snarl and sludge would be leaders while swoop a voyager?

JJJ
5th July 2021, 02:22 PM
If I recall the leaks/rumours correctly, they will all be leaders. And yes, all 5 have been leaked.

Paulbot
5th July 2021, 04:54 PM
If Snarl's blink and you miss it cameos get him a Studio Series toy, than I hearby begin the campaign for Studio Series 86 TFTM Gears!

JJJ
5th July 2021, 10:34 PM
Could yet be the line we get him in, yes.

Windcharger also counts! And definitely Brawn.

DELTAprime
5th July 2021, 10:54 PM
Could yet be the line we get him in, yes.

Windcharger also counts! And definitely Brawn.

The look of that JP93 figure makes me wonder if he has some shared engineering with an upcoming Brawn and Outback.

Ode to a Grasshopper
6th July 2021, 11:10 AM
I actually meant the Bay movie one, except...it turns out he was never actually IN the movie. NVM.

Flukey
6th July 2021, 11:10 AM
In regards to the SS line being that we seem to have two or multiple of differing characters without too much change to their alt mode, B's, Prime, Starscream, ratchet, sideswipe, it would be nice to have Ironhide redone from either ROTF or DOM since it was very limited in its initial release and wouldnt require any changes except for colour or minor to its current mould!

For me this is the only character out there that I am missing from my movieverse collection!

SentienlPrimefan
6th July 2021, 03:19 PM
When is SS 86-10 sweep and SS-78 ROTF Sideswipe coming out?

nalops
6th July 2021, 03:32 PM
When is SS 86-10 sweep and SS-78 ROTF Sideswipe coming out?

Haven't been announced yet so hard to give a definite answer.

SentienlPrimefan
6th July 2021, 03:38 PM
At this point, the leakers are doing a better job at revealing the figures

DELTAprime
6th July 2021, 08:43 PM
At this point, the leakers are doing a better job at revealing the figures

Because HasTak has been producing figures so far in advance that they are sitting in warehouses in the destination countries for months there's basically no way they can stop leaks unless they reveal figures super early. ¯\_(?)_/¯

DELTAprime
8th July 2021, 07:04 AM
I'm thinking about not buying The Ark day one and instead waiting for a sale on it. What is the best price you guys have seen on Scorpinok and other recent Titans?

griffin
8th July 2021, 09:05 AM
Hit and miss...
I waited out on Predaking and it disappeared from everywhere without being discounted... so had to grab one at full price when I could find it.

Flukey
8th July 2021, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking about not buying The Ark day one and instead waiting for a sale on it. What is the best price you guys have seen on Scorpinok and other recent Titans?

Got Scorpinok recently for $299, Omega Supreme is out there currently for $270 (got it last year for 299 as well), while picked up CW Devastator for $212 when amazon dropped it on sale (now back at $299) but that was with its reissue, while if I want Trypticon or Predaking I haven't found it for under $350, so Ark could be hit and Miss..might gain some popularity off Netflix Kingdom when out as per the trailer showing it indeed transforms, who knows...

Seraphim Prime
8th July 2021, 02:34 PM
Scorponok was $250 on Amazon - not sure if that was the regular price or a sale price.

But they were pretty consistently sold out and restocks were snapped up pretty quickly. I managed to purchase one off here for around $280 - only slightly cheaper than RRP.

Omega I think was similarly on Amazon for $250 but was easier to obtain.

DELTAprime
8th July 2021, 02:46 PM
Hmm. That makes it hard to decide. I don't think it's worth $300 or anywhere close to it. But I don't want to miss Mainframe/Teletran I.

nalops
8th July 2021, 03:33 PM
Currently $275 on Amazon. That may be the best it gets or it might get to $180 like Omega Supreme did for Prime/Boxing Day sale. Very hard to tell.

DELTAprime
8th July 2021, 11:14 PM
Currently $275 on Amazon. That may be the best it gets or it might get to $180 like Omega Supreme did for Prime/Boxing Day sale. Very hard to tell.

I see it for $275. It's still too much for me as I'm just after the Deluxe class Mainframe figure included with The Ark. Hopefully they also release an Action Master colours Gen Select Mainframe so I can have a Teletran I and Mainframe.

Skyfire
10th July 2021, 12:39 PM

Scorponok reissue just landed at The Falcon's Hangar in Singapore SGD$220 + $87.88 shipping (weighs 4kg, that's why).

https://www.tfh.com.sg/product-details.php?p=26272

DELTAprime
27th July 2021, 11:29 PM
Dumb question. Does WFC K Galvatron not have an equivalent to the G1 toy's gun mode?

Seraphim Prime
28th July 2021, 11:33 AM
Dumb question. Does WFC K Galvatron not have an equivalent to the G1 toy's gun mode?

Not an official designed gun mode. but I've seen a few fan modes.

griffin
28th July 2021, 03:49 PM
It's strange that these WFC toys have been very faithful to the alt-modes of the originals, especially ones that have 3 modes, and then give up on this major character... even if the gun mode was probably only seen in the comics once or twice.

JJJ
28th July 2021, 06:09 PM
Not really that strange. Looks like a hard toy to turn into a submarine.

Seraphim Prime
29th July 2021, 11:52 AM
Not really that strange. Looks like a hard toy to turn into a submarine.

;)

I still love the recurring joke that RFC had with John Warden about whether he could pivot Sixshot upside down.

To Griffin's point - the only other figure that hasn't been G1 specific has been Megatron which would be for the same reason there is only the cannon emplacement mode for Galvatron.

griffin
29th July 2021, 08:23 PM
;)

I still love the recurring joke that RFC had with John Warden about whether he could pivot Sixshot upside down.

To Griffin's point - the only other figure that hasn't been G1 specific has been Megatron which would be for the same reason there is only the cannon emplacement mode for Galvatron.

Yes of course, Megatron can't homage the original alt-mode of a handgun... but they do a great job with the robot modes most of the time.
That said, Galvatron doesn't even remotely look like a hand gun, or even the colours of a real gun... but can concede it if they didn't want to risk it (which would be a pretty weak reason, as one of their biggest selling toylines is Nerf, which is all about guns, in a variety of shapes and colours, so they can't be too afraid of any negative press about some other toy of theirs resembling a non-realistic gun).

Paulbot
29th July 2021, 08:49 PM
Galvatron already has an orange barrel!

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th September 2021, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know what the N.C. in MP Spin-Out's 'N.C. Beam rifle' stands for?

SentienlPrimefan
5th September 2021, 12:23 PM
Is studio series 77 an exclusive or will it be released around the world?

DELTAprime
5th September 2021, 03:01 PM
Is studio series 77 an exclusive or will it be released around the world?

TF Wiki has him in the Multi-packs and Exclusive's section. So it's not promising.

griffin
5th September 2021, 09:20 PM

No idea... which is really puzzling.
The tfwiki doesn't say anything about it, or give any hint at it standing for some sort of easter egg (like designer initials), and it doesn't appear to be a human gun code either, so I hope someone is able to find something about it.

griffin
5th September 2021, 09:37 PM
TF Wiki has him in the Multi-packs and Exclusive's section. So it's not promising.

I see on tfwiki that they have guessed or assumed a few things that I can't see on the Hasbro Pulse product page (https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-studio-series-77-deluxe-transformers-bumblebee-n-e-s-t-bumblebee)...
- they refer to the figurine as Sam (it is unnamed, but this is packaged as a Bumblebee movie toy, so wouldn't be Sam).
- they note that SS-77 is "exclusive to online retailers", but the last lot of regular release Studio Series toys went up as pre-orders at various online retailers as well... and I think they were misled by one promo image that was floating around (https://media.entertainmentearth.com/assets/images/b6bc6e82c7ba4a5db9f2679edef76c5bxl.jpg), with the NEST Bumblebee shown with a GEN Selects logo, which I think would be an error, as it isn't on the toy box (mockup).

At this time, I don't see it as being a toy that isn't part of the regular release, and if it was, it would have been noted somewhere as being a "fan channel exclusive".

Paulbot
5th September 2021, 10:38 PM
Best explanation I’ve seen is that it stands for New Countach - as the gun is based on the one that came with the Diaclone New Countach (that we know as Sideswipe).

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2021, 01:00 AM
"New Countach."

Reference: Diaclone.net (http://diaclone.net/eod/klmno.html)

Ode to a Grasshopper
10th September 2021, 10:37 AM
Cheers gozaimasu everyone. :)

Paulbot
13th September 2021, 05:57 PM
The Kingdom toy has me wondering: why does Tracks have a third/flying mode?

Was he designed alongside the Omnibots but the only one to be released in Diaclone? His flying car mode isn't too far removed from Overdrive's after all...

Was the flying car mode official in his Diaclone release (I couldn't find an definitive answer to that) or did someone at Hasbro partly transform him - thus is it a fan-mode that got elevated to official status?

His wings don't need to exist for any reason but the car mode so it's seems like it intentional. It's an official mode in the Hasbro instructions, so it's not just something animators came up with (like Black Zarak's Hydra/dakatsu mode)

Wondering if the Diaclone history books or local experts can shed light on this?

Sinnertwin
13th September 2021, 06:40 PM
Funny, I was just reading about the 3K Black Diaclone Tracks fraud the other day & went down the rabbit hole.

It appears that Tracks was featured with his flying alt mode in the Diaclone instructions & that there was even a red hard copy early mock up produced with yellow wings & front spoiler extension.

Paulbot
16th September 2021, 08:14 PM
Good to know it's a Diaclone thing - still odd huh that only one of those Car Robots had (an official) third mode like that.

Wonder what G1 would have been like if all of them did? Probbaly look something like M.A.S.K.!

DELTAprime
22nd September 2021, 04:49 PM
I've just decided I'm going to get the BW Kingdom toys of the TV characters. Are there any that you guys have found are really not good or are they all pretty decent?

Dkaris
28th September 2021, 10:30 PM
Hey all,
I'm looking to add a Grimlock to my collection, I'm looking at masterpiece or the SS-86 one. I don't own any masterpieces any more, most of my collection is classics and siege/kingdom size. Does anyone have any suggestions about which Grimlock I should look at? Or any issues/ features for either?

1AZRAEL1
28th September 2021, 11:39 PM
If you're keeping mostly Siege sized, Studio Grimlock would be best bet I reckon. MP might be too big

Skyfire
29th September 2021, 12:52 AM
I don't have the MP Grimlock but I've heard SS86 is quite similar in design. "Mini Masterpiece" is what I've heard. I'm very happy with my SS86. He scales perfectly with Kingdom Optimus Prime and the rest. He's quite movie/cartoon accurate. And the other Dinobots are coming down the SS86 pipeline (SS86 Slag is great and the 5 would be a fantastic set in the end I think). And you can still get SS86 Grim at normal prices - it can still be found at Target online and in stores (I've seen heaps at Toymate and a few on sale at Myer recently).

Tetsuwan Convoy
29th September 2021, 03:09 PM
I'd suggest Studio over MP. Just because on the MP the shoulders of robot look high. I think SS does it better.
I like my MP UK comic colour MP version. I'd like a g2 colouring of Grimlock from the studio series one personally.

1AZRAEL1
29th September 2021, 03:58 PM
A G2 Grimlock? Anything is possible these days. Would be cool.

Mach Alert
20th October 2021, 01:32 PM
hello, i have a question.

i once collected black repaints, mostly convoy/optimus prime. i have just found a container that i stored them, and sadly i can't remember most of them, especially from movies.
is there a website that i can look up images of repaints based on the original?

thank you in advance:)

Seraphim Prime
20th October 2021, 01:51 PM
hello, i have a question.

i once collected black repaints, mostly convoy/optimus prime. i have just found a container that i stored them, and sadly i can't remember most of them, especially from movies.
is there a website that i can look up images of repaints based on the original?

thank you in advance:)

Two sites that I'd recommend are

TFU.INFO (http://www.tfu.info/)
TFWiki.net (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page)

TFwiki is probably more navigable - you've each character will have a section for toys (including repaints)
TFU.info will tend to have a catalogue of all the various pieces that were part of it (less up to date for newer releases as the owner got older / adult responsibilities / there became many more figures)

Mach Alert
20th October 2021, 02:23 PM
thank you, Seraphim Prime! Do you believe i even have a transforming Black Convoy PEN:D totally forgot about its existence.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th October 2021, 11:10 PM
thank you, Seraphim Prime! Do you believe i even have a transforming Black Convoy PEN:D totally forgot about its existence.

Ahh, yes, the one I dubbed Penesis Prime (https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2014/10/blkcvypen.html). Great action figure made by the sculptors at Sentinel who do very nice (but expensive) work. And a TERRIBLE pen. Makes a nice bazooka/missile launcher though. I really love that the pen is the gun for robot mode.

DELTAprime
20th October 2021, 11:25 PM
Oh boy. I totally forgot I own the standard Optimus Prime colour Optimus Prime pen. Maybe I have too much in my collection...

Mach Alert
21st October 2021, 08:48 PM
Ahh, yes, the one I dubbed Penesis Prime (https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2014/10/blkcvypen.html). Great action figure made by the sculptors at Sentinel who do very nice (but expensive) work. And a TERRIBLE pen. Makes a nice bazooka/missile launcher though. I really love that the pen is the gun for robot mode.

yes he does look beautiful (it was as if i saw the figure for the first time)
that reminds me i also had shoeformers.

Oh boy. I totally forgot I own the standard Optimus Prime colour Optimus Prime pen. Maybe I have too much in my collection...

my collection isn't much but even though there have been surprises!

Handsprime
21st October 2021, 09:29 PM
I want to know who is the most Obscure Transformer character. I'm not talking about the rarest/hardest to find figure, but I meant a character that has so little information about them, the only thing we know is their name, and if it's a figure, what they look like.
My first thought is '07 Mini-con Longarm (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Longarm_(Movie_Mini-Con)) as the only thing we know about him, is that he is probably associated with Inferno.

DELTAprime
21st October 2021, 10:10 PM
I want to know who is the most Obscure Transformer character. I'm not talking about the rarest/hardest to find figure, but I meant a character that has so little information about them, the only thing we know is their name, and if it's a figure, what they look like.
My first thought is '07 Mini-con Longarm (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Longarm_(Movie_Mini-Con)) as the only thing we know about him, is that he is probably associated with Inferno.

There is an extremely obscure Transformer called Gari Robo Kun. He is based on a Japanese Paddlepop-like ice cream mascot. He is the most obscure character I own. Also, he is an awesome toy.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gari_Robo-kun

Paulbot
21st October 2021, 10:12 PM
There’s lots of obscure mini-cons (heaps of single releases and obscure Japanese reprints) but that’s definitely one I’ve forgotten completely about if so ever knew of it all. Well done!

Mach Alert
21st October 2021, 10:25 PM
little beast and dino minicons were neat. i also found a cap transformer in my black repaint collection box. crazy

DELTAprime
23rd October 2021, 09:07 PM
Can I use an Australia credit card on Hasbro Pulse and have my items shipped to my ShopMate address?

nalops
23rd October 2021, 09:56 PM
Yes, but not every credit card works from what I've heard.

DELTAprime
23rd October 2021, 10:44 PM
Ok, well I've given it a go. They didn't immediately refuse me. Hopefully, it goes all through because I can't be bothered adding extra stress to myself trying to order them at the moment since I'm sick right now. Just need to relax until this flu goes away.

Tha_Phantom
25th October 2021, 08:12 AM
Yes, but not every credit card works from what I've heard.

Oddly, Hasbro Pulse US rejected my credit card but the UK site didn't.

Autocon
25th October 2021, 02:40 PM
What happened to those lil shopkeep transformers? The science squad lil rubber ducky etc Did that line just stop?

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th October 2021, 04:20 PM
What happened to those lil shopkeep transformers? The science squad lil rubber ducky etc Did that line just stop?

The Bot bots? Dunno, little fellas never made it to Japan.

griffin
25th October 2021, 07:12 PM

They suddenly stopped after series 5. We saw some images and a catalogue for series 6, but it was never released anywhere.

Since we didn't get all of wave 4 & 5 here in Australia, the 6th series was probably unlikely to show up here anyway.

(I'm still missing 6 figures from series 5, because the single packs were never released anywhere near me, and apparently had a very limited release in Australia... and since those 6 figures are rarities, they aren't cheap on ebay.)

DELTAprime
14th November 2021, 05:38 PM
I'm wanting to get rid of a bunch of Transformers. Mostly Bayverse (pre-SS) and also some superseded Generations. I'm going to do them in lots because it's about getting rid of them, not making my money back. But I would like to get as much for them as I can. How much is "reasonable" for lots of Bayverse and old Generations, assuming about 20 figures per lot?

Dan
17th December 2021, 04:15 PM
My collection is still currently growing but I can envisage a time in which I will want to shrink it. There are plenty of ways to do that, and one that interests me is charity. I notice UK TF fans on YouTube talk a bit about Toy-Fu and was wondering, does Australia have anything comparable?

Ode to a Grasshopper
20th December 2021, 07:15 PM
Hi all, quick question. Is there some sort of trick to getting Buzzworthy Bumblebee toy-deco Blackarachnia's weapon to store under the spider mode in beast mode? I can't seem to get mine to slot in, much less stay attached. It looks like the extra paint has made it a bit too think to slot in, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance. :)

DELTAprime
27th January 2022, 10:37 PM
I'm considering replacing my Henkie Datsun's with WFC E Datsun's since my Henkie ones have damaged chrome. There are a few figures from that era that had chrome that would degrade over time even without play.

What are people's thoughts on the WFC E Datsun's?

DELTAprime
27th January 2022, 10:38 PM
Hi all, quick question. Is there some sort of trick to getting Buzzworthy Bumblebee toy-deco Blackarachnia's weapon to store under the spider mode in beast mode? I can't seem to get mine to slot in, much less stay attached. It looks like the extra paint has made it a bit too think to slot in, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance. :)

I just had a look at my standard WFC K Blackarachina now that my figures are out of storage. I can't get her weapon to store either. Maybe a bit of mould deg as I only got mine a couple of months back???

Tober
27th January 2022, 11:00 PM
I'm considering replacing my Henkie Datsun's with WFC E Datsun's since my Henkie ones have damaged chrome. There are a few figures from that era that had chrome that would degrade over time even without play.

What are people's thoughts on the WFC E Datsun's?

I really like them. I have Smokescreen and Prowl. Prowl is a kinda sentimental figure for me, so I was lucky to be able to split the two-pack with a friend.

There are some paint discrepancies concerning the weapons, but they didn't really worry me.

Studio Series Jazz was also a great figure, and goes well with the Datsuns.

Sinnertwin
28th January 2022, 10:49 PM
I think they look really good. I've got all versions of the moulds and they represent each character quite well- Bluestreak is probably my favourite
Speaking of which, Smokescreen & Barricade will probably be easier to acquire than the exclusive Prowl/Ironhide 2 pack and Bluestreak

DELTAprime
29th January 2022, 12:11 AM
Ok great. I'll grab them over the coming weeks.

I guess I must own Prowl already since I got WFC E Ironhide, but I have no idea where he is. I must have just tossed him storage somewhere without even looking at him.

Ah, the problems of having too many Transformers to display them all. :D

Sinnertwin
29th January 2022, 07:32 PM
Oh btw there's also a blue diaclone coloured bluestreak being released in the near future if you wanted to add him to your collection

DELTAprime
29th January 2022, 10:01 PM
Oh btw there's also a blue diaclone coloured bluestreak being released in the near future if you wanted to add him to your collection

Yeah, I know about that one. I was going to get him anyway because I don't have a blue Bluestreak.

Dkaris
30th January 2022, 06:35 PM
Can anyone advise when we may start to see tigatron on shelves? Just wondering when I should start looking.

griffin
30th January 2022, 07:40 PM
Can anyone advise when we may start to see tigatron on shelves? Just wondering when I should start looking.

KD Tigatron was just released onto Amazon Australia as Australian stock (sold out in a few days), so it was in the country as of last week... it just depends on if any of the stock went to other retailers, or if it all went to Amazon.

DELTAprime
30th January 2022, 10:23 PM
Also, it depends on if retailers need a restock of Kingdom or not. If there are enough WFC K Voyagers in inventory to keep shelves full till Legacy hits we might never see Tigertron on a shelf in Australia. (unless they reissue him in a later line like is happening with WFC K Blaster).

That said, remember when Reject Shop got late DOTM figures a couple of years after the line ended? Plus there was that bargain-priced Leader Jetfire.

Ultra Mackness
9th February 2022, 03:38 PM
I'm probably not thinking hard enough, but have any Transformers ever been released that have glow in the dark as a gimmick?

Paulbot
9th February 2022, 03:43 PM
Define "Transformer"... Natron (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Natron) and Freezon (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Freezon)count for you?

griffin
9th February 2022, 07:06 PM
I think glow-in-the-dark was a missed opportunity with the Rescue Bots (for the kiddies), and I'd love to see some GITD details on some TFs toys.

I think... we've only had two Transformers (actual) toys with GITD applications, and they were two of the Marvel Transformers from 2011. Wave 8 had two redeco toys (Ironman/jet, WarMachine/car) which both had a bit of GITD on the chest and eyes. Maybe somewhere else as well, but it wasn't a lot.

Ultra Mackness
10th February 2022, 03:06 PM
Define "Transformer"... Natron (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Natron) and Freezon (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Freezon)count for you?

I think I would count these Paulbot, licenced merch and the right level of obscurity too!

I think glow-in-the-dark was a missed opportunity with the Rescue Bots (for the kiddies), and I'd love to see some GITD details on some TFs toys.

I think... we've only had two Transformers (actual) toys with GITD applications, and they were two of the Marvel Transformers from 2011. Wave 8 had two redeco toys (Ironman/jet, WarMachine/car) which both had a bit of GITD on the chest and eyes. Maybe somewhere else as well, but it wasn't a lot.

These are also pretty obscure! I would love to see GITD utilised, but it would have a real G2 kind of feel to it and I'm not really sure they'd fit my collection. It might work well for a G1 ratchet or Wheeljack though

Paulbot
10th February 2022, 04:59 PM
Kinda surprised the Ecto-1 transformers doesn't have some sort of glow in the dark feature - the Slimer and ghost accessories might?

DELTAprime
10th February 2022, 10:48 PM
Kinda surprised the Ecto-1 transformers doesn't have some sort of glow in the dark feature - the Slimer and ghost accessories might?

If Slimer doesn't glow in the dark, that would be a huge missed opportunity.

I still need to buy the Ecto-1 and the BTTF DMC, but they are low on my priority list.

Autocon
13th February 2022, 09:30 PM
Do you think the sightings threads have slowed coz everyone is now turning to online?

JJJ
13th February 2022, 09:53 PM
More likely because nothing much is being released. Kingdom Wave 5 has not yet made it to physical shelves (and might never do so here); Legacy Wave 1 is still several months away (or at least that's the announced date, probably allowing for COVID disruption).

Kmart is currently attempting to clear out old stock (which is partly their own fault for massively overstocking that stupid Bumblebee & Spike set); I think they expect something reasonably soon. Big W is having a sale that could be construed a similar way. Target doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. Read all that how you will :)

griffin
13th February 2022, 10:38 PM
Most of the first sightings in the last few months have been found online first like at Amazon Australia... who have been getting the new toys before they get found at a physical retailer.

Jaxius._
14th February 2022, 06:41 PM
Do you think the sightings threads have slowed coz everyone is now turning to online?

I haven't seen anything new in months aside from cyberverse stuff, just the same few bits of kingdom wave 3
I feel that's to be expected with everything being slowed transit wise

Paulbot
14th February 2022, 08:53 PM
My visiting of shops has reduced to almost never due to Covid. Maybe one store a month, compared to multiple stores a week pre-March 2020

Dkaris
16th February 2022, 06:41 PM
I managed to pick up a beast wars Wolfgang from the salvos today. Only parts missing are the two front wolf legs. Does anyone know if there's a seller or some where I may be able to pick these parts up?

griffin
16th February 2022, 11:05 PM
I managed to pick up a beast wars Wolfgang from the salvos today. Only parts missing are the two front wolf legs. Does anyone know if there's a seller or some where I may be able to pick these parts up?

Wait a few more months and you may be able to get a new one just for the legs (https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/02/05/transformers-vintage-beast-wars-wolfgang-reissue-ean-number-449695) (if you wanted to keep the toy "mostly original" ).

Autocon
1st April 2022, 04:11 AM
Wheres the cheapest place to buy the jurassic park cross over?

griffin
7th April 2022, 05:57 PM
Wheres the cheapest place to buy the jurassic park cross over?

It's back in stock at Amazon Australia for $200 (https://www.amazon.com.au/Transformers-Generations-Collaborative-Tyrannocon-Collectible/dp/B08YJYY5BF/)... after they cancelled a lot of their pre-orders, I think because they expected to be short on supply from Hasbro, but then had too much stock, and I guess their automated system prevented them from chasing up the old pre-orders to see if they were still interested.

Depending on how much stock they have now been stuck with, it could see some heavy discounting in a few months time.

Autocon
8th April 2022, 09:04 PM
Thank you. I have a friend who loves JP, be a good gift

DELTAprime
16th April 2022, 07:40 PM
Do you guys consider Yellow Cliffjumper and Red Bumblebee unique characters from the G1 toyline, or just a variant of the standard characters?

Paulbot
16th April 2022, 08:01 PM
I see them as just variants / colouring mistakes

JJJ
16th April 2022, 09:37 PM
Production errors / variations, not characters, the same as the differently coloured South American toys. If there has to be some sort of justification from a narrative perspective, well, they change their form all the time, why not their colours from time to time?

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th April 2022, 10:50 AM
I remember when Titans Returns was kickiing around, Hasbro released some hires renders of the artwork. I specifically remember seeing ones for Ginrai(Whatever his Hasbro name was), and two more.

Have they released anymore for other more recent lines? The box art since Siege has been really top notch in my un-artistic opinion and I was wondering if there were Hi res options out there for me to digitally appreciate, and by appreciate , I mean

HOARD.

DELTAprime
20th April 2022, 06:37 PM
There have been official Hasbro concept drawings making the rounds lately, but that's it. Though I do wish the box artwork was released in high res.

griffin
21st April 2022, 09:19 AM
Nothing too big though, and as noted, the artwork on some of these characters on the packaging have amazing detail, so they need to be appreciated in hi-res form.

Seraphim Prime
21st April 2022, 11:57 AM
I've still be keeping the box art for this exact reason.

It will be interesting to see what comes from the War for Cybertron art book announced at the last fan stream - will it compile all the box art work or will it focus more on the series. The way they talked about seemed more like focusing on the series.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd April 2022, 11:24 AM
I've still be keeping the box art for this exact reason.

It will be interesting to see what comes from the War for Cybertron art book announced at the last fan stream - will it compile all the box art work or will it focus more on the series. The way they talked about seemed more like focusing on the series.

Agreed here. I'd love to see the book focus on the artwork over anything else, but I remember seeing a page devoted to the netflix show, so I doubt it will be.

HAsbro if ya watching, we'd love dome Hi-res box art please.

DELTAprime
22nd April 2022, 02:15 PM
If I had the space I'd keep all my boxes for the art, but I don't so it goes to my neighbour's kid that uses it as artistic inspiration. Maybe one day he'll be making the art for the boxes. lol

Tha_Phantom
27th April 2022, 01:36 PM
Production errors / variations, not characters, the same as the differently coloured South American toys.

I see them as just variants / colouring mistakes

Their releases were very much intentional as they spanned from 1984-1985 and got rubsign updates. You can also find packaging variations which have a photo of a yellow Cliffjumper or red Bumblebee on them.
https://i.ibb.co/pfKXLNH/12140.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)https://i.ibb.co/x6zfphZ/bubblebee-transformers-g1-1980s-moc-1-a0f8e5aae01fe1f4f6773586f3266f0d.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

In regards to whether they're unique characters. No I don't consider them unique characters, but they are unique toys. Like for instance we can have red and blue versions of POTP Swoop but they're still Swoop.
I'd be fine with this being retconned down the track though. For instance, I'd be happy if they brought over Stinger from the movieverse and make him red Bumblebee.

griffin
27th April 2022, 04:07 PM
All they would need to do is a five second spot in a cartoon (or 2-3 panels in a comic) that has a Gen1 Cliffjumper and a Gen1 Bumblebee swapping colours as a prank to mess with the other Autobots, and then swapping back, and it never has to be another plot device or character... but allows for canonical redecos for years to come.

DELTAprime
27th April 2022, 04:14 PM
Please don't give Hasbro ideas. I'm glad people don't consider them characters. That means I don't need to buy the Yellow Porsche Bumblebee in the BB line.

KELPIE
27th April 2022, 04:39 PM
You know, with the benefit of characters sharing similar moulds *cough* seekers *cough*... it's a wonder why Hasbro don't push something like the Firecons in modern TF media. Attractive eye-catching designs that can be turned around and released multiple times with minimal effort (even more so if you include G2 deco's).

Trent
27th April 2022, 07:15 PM
You know, with the benefit of characters sharing similar moulds *cough* seekers *cough*... it's a wonder why Hasbro don't push something like the Firecons in modern TF media. Attractive eye-catching designs that can be turned around and released multiple times with minimal effort (even more so if you include G2 deco's).

Firecons were all different moulds though.

KELPIE
29th April 2022, 10:07 AM
Firecons were all different moulds though.

True, however the way they "reuse" moulds these days, it's a perfect fit.

Paulbot
29th April 2022, 12:30 PM
I would like to see Legacy deluxes of Fizzle and Sizzle (and those have G2 and UK-comic-colour-swap repaints possibilities for Gen Selects)

The last Cindersaur toy was alright too.

KELPIE
10th May 2022, 08:02 PM
The last Cindersaur toy was alright too.

I'm glad he got some love, however it wasn't for me. Would love to see some nice chunky Firecons in that Minibot / Cliffjumper scale.... Mmmmm yes please.

https://i.imgur.com/WvQU4uv.png

JJJ
10th May 2022, 10:09 PM
Ooh, yes please. And they're surely on the way over the next couple of years, being some of the last few dozen G1 toys left to be re-done in the modern style.

DELTAprime
12th May 2022, 09:01 PM
So, am I the only one here that is thinking of buying two of every Legacy Stunticon to have both Menasor and the individual robots on display?

Tha_Phantom
13th May 2022, 11:06 AM
So, am I the only one here that is thinking of buying two of every Legacy Stunticon to have both Menasor and the individual robots on display?

Yeah, I'm leaning that way for the moment, so I've been buying/preordering two of each. If I change my mind later I'll sell off the excess.

griffin
13th May 2022, 11:44 PM
This version of Stunticons is clearly designed most for the combiner mode, so it will be hard to resist getting two sets for the individual bots and the combined mode.

GoktimusPrime
15th May 2022, 02:21 PM
This version of Stunticons is clearly designed most for the combiner mode, so it will be hard to resist getting two sets for the individual bots and the combined mode.
I'm just getting one to display combined and I'll be displaying my CW Stunticons individually. Cos let's face it, I wouldn't be able to sell the CW Stunticons now even if I tried. :p I don't mind them as individual bots.

KELPIE
16th May 2022, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I'm leaning that way for the moment, so I've been buying/preordering two of each. If I change my mind later I'll sell off the excess.

Two sets... or Three? :P

UW Stunticons can remain sealed in their box set.

Dkaris
22nd May 2022, 06:18 PM
Is voyager tigatron in stores yet? Not the mutant one.

Skyfire
22nd May 2022, 08:01 PM
Is voyager tigatron in stores yet? Not the mutant one.

I don't think that Kingdom Voyager wave (with Rhinox or Blaster) ever made it to general retail shops in Australia. Things stopped after Rhinox/Cyclonus. Kmart is no go as they have been clearing Kingdom Voyagers. Amazon AU (https://www.amazon.com.au/TRANSFROMERS-Generations-Cybertron-Tigatron-Collectible/dp/B08P3S4GGP/) has had it for a while. Popcultcha (https://www.popcultcha.com.au/transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-tigatron-voyager-class-7-action-figure.html) has it on preorder for June. Inbox Toys (https://www.inboxtoys.com.au/product/transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-voyager-tigatron/) has it also.

DarkHyren
23rd May 2022, 02:25 PM
Is voyager tigatron in stores yet? Not the mutant one.Someone on Facebook posted on Saturday that they found Kingdom Tigatron in BigW in Melbourne CBD store.

KELPIE
24th May 2022, 01:45 PM
I don't think that Kingdom Voyager wave (with Rhinox or Blaster) ever made it to general retail shops in Australia. Things stopped after Rhinox/Cyclonus. Kmart is no go as they have been clearing Kingdom Voyagers. Amazon AU (https://www.amazon.com.au/TRANSFROMERS-Generations-Cybertron-Tigatron-Collectible/dp/B08P3S4GGP/) has had it for a while. Popcultcha (https://www.popcultcha.com.au/transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-tigatron-voyager-class-7-action-figure.html) has it on preorder for June. Inbox Toys (https://www.inboxtoys.com.au/product/transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-voyager-tigatron/) has it also.

I saw Kingdom Rhinox in Zing over the weekend.

GoktimusPrime
30th June 2022, 08:45 PM
From here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/29275-Beast-former-Meiji-1988-Takara-cards?p=653230#post653230):

Hi,

Anyone know more about these cards. They seem to be linked with transformers as well in Japan. Would like to know what they are worth as I can't find much about them. Thanks in advance!
I did a quick Google search and found this site (https://kaitoricollector.com/jisseki/transformer/tf-%E6%98%8E%E6%B2%BB-%E3%83%93%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-%E3%82%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AC%E3%8 3%BC-%E3%83%93) shows that the cards contain tech spec bios for each of the Beastformer characters on the reverse side. It also states that the cards came packed with chocolate balls. Meiji (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Seika) manufactures lollies in Japan.

DELTAprime
11th August 2022, 01:15 PM
Simple question. Should I put Legacy Velocitron Hauler in my 1984 area of my collection since he "showed up" in MTMTE part 1 or my post G1 section as he wasn't made an official character until after G1 ended?

Seraphim Prime
11th August 2022, 01:52 PM
I'd put with post G1 (assuming that where things like Tigertrack go) as Hauler didn't appear in the constructicon green he appears in since.

I would personally have him with wherever I put my Diaclones or variations like Clampdown. For me, that means as a back-up squad in the G1 collection.

But if there is a distinct Post-G1 mark in your collection, then it should go there.

In my mind, either everything G1 related is in part of the extended G1 or nothing is.

Tha_Phantom
11th August 2022, 02:40 PM
Yeah, pretty much what Seraphim said.
To me anything outside of the initial 1984-1991 toy run is a separate thing. Even if it (arguably) appeared in the cartoon but didn't get a toy back in the day.

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th August 2022, 04:20 PM
I'd put him in with the '84 cast.

JJJ
11th August 2022, 04:24 PM
Another neo-G1 vote here :)

High_Q
25th August 2022, 05:58 PM
Can someone point me to the old Gunformers import thread?

I can't find it...
(TFSource has reissue G1 Megs available for preorder and it's very tempting.)

Thank you!

JJJ
25th August 2022, 06:27 PM
It's stickied at the top of the Board Info sub-forum (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php/3-Board-Info-Member-Intros-amp-Suggestion-Box).

High_Q
25th August 2022, 07:47 PM
Thanks, JJJ.:cool:

griffin
26th August 2022, 05:29 AM
Just note that when the redeco of MP-36 Megatron was released, there didn't appear to be any instances of toys being seized, so maybe it isn't on their radar anymore.

DELTAprime
26th August 2022, 01:07 PM
Also, remember if ordering from the US they might open the toy and glue an orange barrel plug into the barrel to comply with US law.

High_Q
26th August 2022, 01:25 PM
Also, remember if ordering from the US they might open the toy and glue an orange barrel plug into the barrel to comply with US law.

Yeah, there are just so many reasons for me not to preorder this item. I want it MISB so barrel plug or having customs open it is a disincentive. Getting it confiscated and wasting over $300 is another possibility. Worse outcomes include massive fine if i can't be bothered filling out the forms to import.

I guess i'll never know what it's like to own a G1 Megatron. :D

KELPIE
1st September 2022, 10:01 AM
The G1 Megs water pistol got into Australia no problems... I was sure that'd be a no go.

Tober
1st September 2022, 10:36 AM
Has there been any further confirmation that EB/Zing will be stocking the "Hero is Born" Alpha Trion/Orion Pax 2-Pack?

High_Q
1st September 2022, 03:59 PM
The G1 Megs water pistol got into Australia no problems... I was sure that'd be a no go.

Huge risk. Huger reward. That is expensive but also the most amazing water pistol ever.

Tha_Phantom
1st September 2022, 04:23 PM
Yeah, there are just so many reasons for me not to preorder this item. I want it MISB so barrel plug or having customs open it is a disincentive. Getting it confiscated and wasting over $300 is another possibility. Worse outcomes include massive fine if i can't be bothered filling out the forms to import.

I guess i'll never know what it's like to own a G1 Megatron. :D

I totally get your concern, although it's an incredibly low risk these days as griffin said, but still a risk nonetheless.
There's always keeping an eye out for one locally though and might be worth making a WTB post here and elsewhere. Especially if it doesn't have to be that exact G1 Megatron, as there have been a few different releases/reissues of the mould over the years.

KELPIE
2nd September 2022, 02:36 PM
Huge risk. Huger reward. That is expensive but also the most amazing water pistol ever.

Yup, I love it!

DELTAprime
19th September 2022, 04:50 PM
Is it just me or has there been a fair bit of shared engineering in the Leader Class truck-based figures in recent years?

GoktimusPrime
22nd September 2022, 07:09 PM
Board rule 18 states: "18 - Unauthorised "third party" items and Knock Off item restrictions
Posting about (or selling) Unauthorised toys and accessories that specifically target the Transformers Brand and/or established Characters, is only permitted in the Unauthorised Products section."

You could make a Transformers collection post on the regular board section and separate collection posts about your other toy collections in the relevant sections. Same would go for things like TMNT, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Wrestling etc. I think that the main part of the board should just be for Transformers, and posts about other brands can be made elsewhere. JMO. :)

SentienlPrimefan
6th October 2022, 01:29 PM
Will any other stores besides EB Games be getting the Thundercracker and Galvatron wave for studio series

DELTAprime
6th October 2022, 10:00 PM
Will any other stores besides EB Games be getting the Thundercracker and Galvatron wave for studio series

Keep an eye on Amazon.com.au. They have almost every single main-line Transformers figure sooner or later.

SharkyMcShark
2nd November 2022, 08:58 PM
Anyone able to provide a reference to ToyBotImportz?

I just gave them $20 for a figure listed on pre-order (MMC Optus Nox) that released in January 2022 and is sold out everywhere.

Has my $20 gone to purgatory forever, or can I expect that they'll actually get the figure in stock at some point?

DELTAprime
3rd November 2022, 11:20 PM
Dumb question alert! It's been a long time since I watched Beast Wars. But I looked at the season 3 intro movie on YouTube because I just opened my TM2 Megatron and was left wondering why is TM1 Megatron in the Season 3 intro, not TM2 Megatron?

SharkyMcShark
4th November 2022, 01:13 AM
Dumb question alert! It's been a long time since I watched Beast Wars. But I looked at the season 3 intro movie on YouTube because I just opened my TM2 Megatron and was left wondering why is TM1 Megatron in the Season 3 intro, not TM2 Megatron?

(no spoilers ahead really)

Megatron doesn't get that body until the tenth of thirteen episodes that season. For most of that season he is in his TM1 body.

jaydisc
7th November 2022, 12:53 AM

I just gave them $20 for a figure listed on pre-order (MMC Optus Nox) that released in January 2022 and is sold out everywhere.

Has my $20 gone to purgatory forever, or can I expect that they'll actually get the figure in stock at some point?

Not good. I filed six successful credit card disputes with them. As did many others. Facebook groups were dedicated to helping people retrieve funds from them. OTCA feedback thread is here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/24478-Toybot-Importz-feedback/page70?highlight=ToyBot%20Importz

DELTAprime
11th November 2022, 12:30 AM
Question for people that have been collecting CHUG since near the beginning. Universe/Henkei Inferno was supposedly a G2 representation of Inferno. How many of you actually used him as a G2 figure back in the day?

For me, I've only just started using him as G2 Inferrno since WFC Inferno came along. Until then he was always G1 to me.

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th November 2022, 09:12 AM

Has my $20 gone to purgatory forever, or can I expect that they'll actually get the figure in stock at some point?Wouldn't recommend unless you're absolutely desperate. Haven't lost money to them but the whole experience (I've only ever ordered two things from them) wasn't good.

Seraphim Prime
11th November 2022, 12:37 PM
Question for people that have been collecting CHUG since near the beginning. Universe/Henkei Inferno was supposedly a G2 representation of Inferno. How many of you actually used him as a G2 figure back in the day?

For me, I've only just started using him as G2 Inferrno since WFC Inferno came along. Until then he was always G1 to me.

I always considered the G1/G2 distinction in Classics/Universe somewhat arbitrary. Apart from the water cannon there was nothing specifically about Inferno that made him G1 or G2 apart from the note on the box - which I always figured they did to try and ensure all eras had some sort of representation. Particularly since Classics/Universe was about reimagining the figures, I always considered Universe Inferno a "G1" figure.

griffin
11th November 2022, 12:42 PM

This is something I didn't realise, because I figured that it must have just been something that fans called it due to it having a "water cannon" looking missile launcher... but looking up its packaging (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=package&itemID=1287&imageID=1068), it was indeed labelled as Gen2 on the box.
Admittedly, Inferno is one that wasn't too different in Gen2 in terms of colouring, so it would have been easy enough to label an Inferno homage toy as either (or both if they wanted to be cheap with a second release).

GoktimusPrime
20th November 2022, 11:29 AM
This is something I didn't realise, because I figured that it must have just been something that fans called it due to it having a "water cannon" looking missile launcher... but looking up its packaging (http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=package&itemID=1287&imageID=1068), it was indeed labelled as Gen2 on the box.
Admittedly, Inferno is one that wasn't too different in Gen2 in terms of colouring, so it would have been easy enough to label an Inferno homage toy as either (or both if they wanted to be cheap with a second release).
Huh, I never knew this. Although I own Henkei Inferno, not Universe. :)
This also makes Universe/Henkei Inferno more accurate to Australian fire engines which don't have mounted ladders, but can have water cannons.
https://i.ibb.co/0DLhTL0/temp.jpg

spiderken17
21st November 2022, 12:00 PM
Who are people buying off online these days? I havent bought anything in years so am unsure who to trust. I used to use Chimungmung (which is Robotoy base now i think) but there are others that i either havent used before or dont know if they are still in business. I would rather buy from Asia as shipping is not as expensive as the US. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ken

jaydisc
21st November 2022, 12:17 PM
Who are people buying off online these days? I havent bought anything in years so am unsure who to trust. I used to use Chimungmung (which is Robotoy base now i think) but there are others that i either havent used before or dont know if they are still in business. I would rather buy from Asia as shipping is not as expensive as the US. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ken

I try to maintain a list for myself here (https://gist.github.com/jaydisc/ced98cdec38d41d2717c), but they seem to appear and die more quickly than I can keep up.

The best retailer for you kind of depends on what kind of stuff you like to buy though.