PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

griffin
28th December 2007, 05:26 AM
This thread is designed for younger or less experienced forum members to ask questions of more experienced board members. While it's not restricted to younger fans or newer members, this thread is here so that you can ask questions which may be considered "obvious" by other members of our community.

So... if you're unsure how obvious a question may be, post it here so that the more experienced users can answer your query in a section dedicated to queries of this nature. No matter how obvious the question might be to others, in this thread we'll answer you with a smile! http://otca.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

griffin
28th December 2007, 05:27 AM
Recent discussion can be found here:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3256&view=getlastpost

benben2142
2nd January 2008, 12:52 AM
Hey guys I went to sunny Bank one time and there was a japnese dvd shop and when I went in they had a few status like salor moon and other japenese charcters But I saw a masterpiece optimus prime on display next to the status and a bunch of tf dvds so check that place out and ask then if they have transformers when you go by.

benben2142
2nd January 2008, 12:58 AM
Hey guys I was wondering how come goki posted a pic of all the female tf fans and they neaver post not even on the old form the only one who did was melchinyi not even blackarcracniah posted also there was a member named reiyeled or something like that he lived on the gold coast but I have never seen him post or anything

griffin
2nd January 2008, 01:09 AM
There is an asian (chinese) DVD shop in the Sunnybank Plaza, that has had some Chinese edition TFs DVDs from time to time. Never seen the MP Optimus, but it is possible.

griffin
2nd January 2008, 01:16 AM
Fans come and go all the time. And the female demographic is like 2-5 percent of the total fandom, so don't expect more than one or two here at any one time. Besides, gender shouldn't be an element of concern here. We are here as fans of Transformers, it shouldn't matter what gender, colour, race, etc any of us are. Labelling members into categories only has the potential to cause problems, so stop asking these type of questions.

Gutsman Heavy
2nd January 2008, 01:45 PM
100% with Griff, we need to get over the "OMG GRL!!!" that dominates any fandom its childish. BEWBS :P

benben2142
4th January 2008, 03:32 AM
Do they still sell mp starscream and g1 movie repaints? Because I can't find them at tru there is nothin' left there.

Saintly
4th January 2008, 08:36 AM
Do they still sell mp starscream and g1 movie repaints? Because I can't find them at tru there is nothin' left there.

if it's nothing left, then most likely it has run dry or awaiting further stock

Gutsman Heavy
4th January 2008, 01:43 PM
What did IDW do to BB!? He's ORANGE!!

GoktimusPrime
4th January 2008, 02:21 PM
They've given him the same colours as movie 08 Bumblebee so it's now movie 08BB! Wahahahaha! (not rly but I like to think that nyuknyuknyuk) ;)

benben2142
5th January 2008, 01:41 AM
I big ? that needs to be answered did the game of the decepticon jets and go-bot get realesed sepratly at botcon like for an exanple a bageed dirge with tec card and instrutions or did you have to by them bagged in a set at well?

kup
5th January 2008, 02:11 AM
I big ? that needs to be answered did the game of the decepticon jets and go-bot get realesed sepratly at botcon like for an exanple a bageed dirge with tec card and instrutions or did you have to by them bagged in a set at well?

I think that I have been able to decode what you said there so here it goes:

The Botcon 07 set "Games of DECEPTION" was sold as a 5 figure Collector's box set (with techspec cards and instructions, etc) and in a bagged set (also with techspec cards and instructions).

I am not sure how much the individual figures were but the box set was US$300 which at the time was considered to be very expensive. However that set now sells for like 300% or more of its original price on Ebay (That's US$900+).
________
Anal rimming (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/99/rimming/videos/1)

GoktimusPrime
5th January 2008, 09:22 AM
*sigh* looks like benben's given up English and reverted back to benbenese... (-_-)

dirge
5th January 2008, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't that make him a benbenorator? (:

Pipesqueak
5th January 2008, 12:50 PM
Just watched the animated movie for the first time in maybe 15 years. Really enjoyed it but why were there only four dinobots? Where was snarl?

benben2142
5th January 2008, 05:23 PM
Can someone do a review on the classic's construticons on youtube or post in ratbat's reviews. Also someone said that this figure was also released in tru in the u.s is that true?

GoktimusPrime
5th January 2008, 07:29 PM
Snarl appears in three shots in Transformers The Movie.

#1: Dino mode - Autobot City. When the Autobots are receiving communique from Moonbases 1 and 2 and deciding to fly and stop Unicron, Snarl can be seen standing with the other Dinobots/Autobots. He's next to Grimlock and behind Perceptor on the right hand side of the screen when the Autobots/Dinobots are facing stage left.

#2 Dino mode - Autobot City. When the Decepticons begin attacking Autobot City, just before Ultra Magnus says "to the shuttles!" and you see the Autobots below being shot at, Snarl is amongst them. He is on the mid-left of the screen.

#3 Robot mode - Quintesson cruiser. As the Quintesson cruiser carrying Hot Rod, Kup & the Dinobots is landing on the planet Junk - as you see it corkscrewing in descent, you can see the Dinobots standing on the bridge, Snarl is amongst them.

That's it. They're very brief appearances and you'll probably need to use the freeze-frame/slow-play function to see him properly.

Paulbot
5th January 2008, 10:38 PM
As to why Snarl is only in the movie.... I can think of reasons why Snarl got left out but they'd just be theories. I don't know think there is a definitive answer.

Borgeman
6th January 2008, 01:00 AM
As to why Snarl is only in the movie.... I can think of reasons why Snarl got left out but they'd just be theories. I don't know think there is a definitive answer.

dumb animators?

George

GoktimusPrime
6th January 2008, 10:34 AM
Blame Nel Yomtov.

roller
10th January 2008, 02:11 AM
anyone know who voiced Pretender Jazz in those micromaster commercials?

You guy also 'get' what season 1 jazzs voice actors name means right? or am i the only one to see the funny/weird side ?

TheDirtyDigger
10th January 2008, 10:43 AM
You guy also 'get' what season 1 jazzs voice actors name means right? or am i the only one to see the funny/weird side ?

Please elaborate.:confused:

Paulbot
10th January 2008, 11:00 AM
"Scatman" got that nickname because of his talent at scat singing, a style used in jazz

Saintly
10th January 2008, 11:10 AM
scatman?? that sounded kinda gross!

Paulbot
10th January 2008, 11:12 AM
which is what Roller was getting at... I was just trying to keep it clean

Saintly
10th January 2008, 11:33 AM
ooooh... ok... I had no idea what he was going on about... now all the puzzle pieces are in place... yes!

roller
10th January 2008, 12:12 PM
Who voiced pretender jazz?

and where is my optically challenged friend lord Zed?

benben2142
10th January 2008, 12:13 PM
Can someone give me a link to a preorder on hlj for the new classics

benben2142
14th January 2008, 01:11 AM
Hey guys just wondering does spoilerg1 prime and g1 megatron get reawaked in beastwars?/spoiler

kup
14th January 2008, 03:14 AM
Benben, your post pretty much falls into the 'Spoilers' category. Please provide a spoiler warning as a few members are currently watching Beast Wars and would hate to have it spoiled by a random post.

Watch the DVDs and find out. Or you can always type 'wiki Beast Wars' to read the wikipeida entry and spoil it for yourself.
________
DRUG TESTING (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Paulbot
14th January 2008, 09:05 AM
Spoiler warning added and I've answered Benben's question via PM

benben2142
15th January 2008, 01:53 AM
Hey guys just wonder whats sam's club and whats best buy mean because I got the best buy movie ratchet with metalic finish from a friend in HK http://www.tfarchive3.com/toys/checklists/live_action_movie.php

Paulbot
15th January 2008, 09:03 AM
Sam's Club and Best Buy are both stores in America.

benben2142
15th January 2008, 01:37 PM
Then how did my relatives get beast buy metalic ratchet from hk there are hk stcikers underneath the box also it's not a ko

iceburn
15th January 2008, 01:44 PM
Then how did my relatives get beast buy metalic ratchet from hk there are hk stcikers underneath the box also it's not a ko

The store must have imported or bulk buy from America and hence selling them there benben

dirge
15th January 2008, 07:27 PM
It is not uncommon for US store exclusives to turn up in other chains outside the USA. We received stock of the Kaybee Toys exclusive Machine Wars line here in Australia, despite the fact that this company has no presence here.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 07:48 PM
oh god don't remind me. Back in 1997 when Machine Wars was a US KayBee exclusive line, non-US fans like me went and imported all the figures from the US... only later to have them come out everywhere here like a plague and shelf-warmed for a while. Meh.

dirge
15th January 2008, 07:56 PM
I imported most of the original BW line, well before most fans here were into (or back into collecting). There was that wonderful eight month delay, so I just went and got to getting the toys (and show) from the USA.

...then we switched from US to UK Hasbro distribution and missed like 30 toys. I managed to nab all the non-TM show characters before the switch, but had a ****** of a time getting some of the missed toys (especially Cybershark). Tigatron has, to this day, never been released in Australia. Ditto for the non-TM Blackarachnia.

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2008, 09:36 AM
...yeah... I ended up getting those missed figures from Japan and the UK.

benben2142
16th January 2008, 02:14 PM
Hey how long do you think the encore Ironhide and TM Beast Convoy will take to get here from HLJ?

dirge
16th January 2008, 04:21 PM
Average postage time from HLJ is around ten days, benben. This is for Sydney and is an average - I've had stuff take 6 days and others take over 2 weeks. Also, this is from the time that HLJ dispatch, not when the order is taken or the card charged.

iceburn
17th January 2008, 08:52 AM
dirge, is that for SAL or EMS? there's a difference.
which postage method did you choose benben???
i won't be surprised if you've chosen EMS

dirge
18th January 2008, 12:11 AM
My bad. SAL.

Robzy
18th January 2008, 12:35 AM
is that for SAL or EMS?
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between these 2 methods? Which one is better/faster/more reliable?

iceburn
18th January 2008, 09:21 AM
Robzy, EMS is faster and has tracking but if you're willing to wait use SAL that has cheaper shipping cost. I'm sure Dirge uses SAL and has no problems with that.

Robzy
18th January 2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks Iceburn :)

dirge
18th January 2008, 10:28 PM
SAL is cheaper and slower, but it's not really _slow_ as such. EMS - which I also use from Japan quite regularly (for my eHobby stuff, mainly) averages about four days.

I find SAL represents a better trade off between cost and delay, but my eHobby source uses EMS, and it's not _that_ expensive and at the prices I am paying for the toys themselves, the overall price is good anyway.

benben2142
19th January 2008, 01:01 PM
Can someone tell me where I can buy these shelves in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V540KQBvOrE do they sell these at Ikea? Can someone post me a link on Ikea.com for these shelves if they have them?

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 02:15 PM
They're wall mounted bracket shelves which I imagine you can buy from anywhere that sells shelves. Here's an idea - shop around!

Be aware that this kind of shelves requires you to physically attach the brackets onto your walls, which means drilling holes, so you'd better get your parents' permission first and definitely get an adult to help you install it.

Pulse
20th January 2008, 06:14 PM
There's something that popped into my head today & it got me thinking.

Back when "World 4 Kids" was around, Were they basically the same store for TFs as TRU is today or did they actually stock anything cool?

Paulbot
20th January 2008, 08:20 PM
If I recall correctly "World 4 Kids" was basically a ColesMyer owned version of Toys R Us. I do recall getting some of the G2 toys from them, but they didn't stock anything that other stores didn't, they just had the really high shelves like TRU. :)

They did have a good Toy Catalogue when they first opened, a big bound book with a page full of the current (at the time) Euro-market G1 TF toys. I saved it and am sure I still have somwhere.

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 10:39 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee7/mv13157/auctions08/IMG_0702.jpg

is this fixable? (the discolouration...)

Borgeman
20th January 2008, 11:02 PM
go here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=66

George

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 11:17 PM
thanks muchly!

Borgeman
21st January 2008, 07:06 PM
welcome :)

George

benben2142
22nd January 2008, 03:24 AM
How do I load up a photo?

Saintly
22nd January 2008, 09:15 AM
How do I load up a photo?

when posting a reply, on the following screen, click on the "Manage Attachments" button and go from there...

When posting a new thread, same thing as posting a reply.

Where's the "Manage Attachments" you ask, scroll down far enough and you'll see the button (it's just after you hit on "submit reply" or "submit new thread" button)

If you want to post attachments in a quick reply, you need to press on the "Go Advanced" button for the similar screens.

It would also help if you read the FAQ (located just below the main banner)!! -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_exp lain

G1Optimal
23rd January 2008, 08:59 AM
If I recall correctly "World 4 Kids" was basically a ColesMyer owned version of Toys R Us. I do recall getting some of the G2 toys from them, but they didn't stock anything that other stores didn't, they just had the really high shelves like TRU. :)

They did have a good Toy Catalogue when they first opened, a big bound book with a page full of the current (at the time) Euro-market G1 TF toys. I saved it and am sure I still have somwhere.

I Think W4K is now the toy section in Kmart.:D
I can't remember exactly how they replied after i contacted "the then known as" Coles/Myer, But...... I think they said something to that affect as well ...:confused:

About the Catalogue:
I personally liked how they did that Catalogue. :D
One of the things i can clearly remember seeing in that Catalogue are the Aquaspeeders, if not anything else.

benben2142
25th January 2008, 02:09 AM
Hey so does reprolabels, stickers come with a manual?

TheDirtyDigger
25th January 2008, 07:14 AM
No. You use the 'sticker map' on their site to figure out where the stickers go.

i_amtrunks
25th January 2008, 10:17 AM
I Think W4K is now the toy section in Kmart.:D
I can't remember exactly how they replied after i contacted "the then known as" Coles/Myer, But...... I think they said something to that affect as well ...:confused:

About the Catalogue:
I personally liked how they did that Catalogue. :D
One of the things i can clearly remember seeing in that Catalogue are the Aquaspeeders, if not anything else.

Im not sure if W4K were Coles Myer to begin with, but I know that they were "bought out" by them before 2000.

I loved the catalogue, and had to through mine out after my Waterbed broke a few years ago and flooded my old room. I remember going into Blacktown to get Hurricane and Boss with the catalogue in my hands!

benben2142
28th January 2008, 01:00 PM
Omg it’s been 2 weeks since I paid HLJ and it still hasn’t arrived and it’s been 13 days since order was confirmed GGGGRRRRRRR… HLJ is going to die if I don’t get anything in the mail by Tuesday!

GoktimusPrime
28th January 2008, 01:28 PM
You'd better keep true to your word (you wouldn't be a liar now would you?)

The best way to get to Tochigi would be to fly to Narita Airport. From there, you'll probably need to take a train to Ueno station and you can change for a Tohoku-shinkansen Bullet Train that will take you quickly to Utsunomiya (the capital of Tochigi Prefecture). From Utsunomiya you catch a train, change at Oyama and get off at Sano station, which is the nearest station to where HLJ is.

I have no idea how near or far they are from the station, but I suppose you could try to walk or take a bus or taxi from Sano station to their location.

The next soonest flight you can catch as far as I can tell is on the 8th of February. One-way tickets (because after you get arrested for attempted murder I don't think you'll be flying back to Australia unless the Australian government decides to extradite you) prices range from $636 (Malaysia Airlines, Flight Centre Reference No. AUMH53420/17) to $1549 (Qantas, AUQF53839/6) Economy Class.

You can make an online flight booking here (http://www.flightcentre.com.au/) or call 133 133.

Let us know how this all pans out. :)

P.S.: if you don't want to double-back from Utsunomiya to Oyama, you might be able to take a train from Ueno to Oyama, but it'd be a slower regular train as opposed to a bullet train - but the route would be more direct and the ticket would be cheaper too.

dirge
28th January 2008, 02:26 PM
benben, international mailing times are always variable. I've had stuff come from HLJ via SAL that took six days, and on the odd occasion, some that took three weeks.

Bartrim
28th January 2008, 04:57 PM
You'd better keep true to your word (you wouldn't be a liar now would you?)

The best way to get to Tochigi would be to fly to Narita Airport. From there, you'll probably need to take a train to Ueno station and you can change for a Tohoku-shinkansen Bullet Train that will take you quickly to Utsunomiya (the capital of Tochigi Prefecture). From Utsunomiya you catch a train, change at Oyama and get off at Sano station, which is the nearest station to where HLJ is.

I have no idea how near or far they are from the station, but I suppose you could try to walk or take a bus or taxi from Sano station to their location.

The next soonest flight you can catch as far as I can tell is on the 8th of February. One-way tickets (because after you get arrested for attempted murder I don't think you'll be flying back to Australia unless the Australian government decides to extradite you) prices range from $636 (Malaysia Airlines, Flight Centre Reference No. AUMH53420/17) to $1549 (Qantas, AUQF53839/6) Economy Class.

You can make an online flight booking here (http://www.flightcentre.com.au/) or call 133 133.

Let us know how this all pans out. :)

P.S.: if you don't want to double-back from Utsunomiya to Oyama, you might be able to take a train from Ueno to Oyama, but it'd be a slower regular train as opposed to a bullet train - but the route would be more direct and the ticket would be cheaper too.

You put way too much thought inot this Gok. It's a bit creepy:p

roller
28th January 2008, 07:19 PM
ho ho ho i'd laugh if i didnt know Gok was being serious, thats our Gok:)

liegeprime
28th January 2008, 10:19 PM
At least now I know who to ask for help to when I need something researched....:D:D. Lets see what do i need to know hmmmmm

Saintly
29th January 2008, 11:46 AM
that's waaaay too much information for Gok to be serious!

liegeprime
29th January 2008, 04:01 PM
that's waaaay too much information for Gok to be serious!

Yes imagine IF he WAS Serious :D:D he'd slap you with an encyclopedic volume of a reply to the thread, as well as volumes of PMs :eek::eek::D:D:D.... That'll learn yah.:p

roller
29th January 2008, 06:12 PM
ive read in some places that the g 1 cartoon was meant to be an advert for the toys

In the return of optimus prime he is coloured white to show that he has the immunity to the hate plague, is it possible that white was chosen to tie in with the ultramagnus cab robot?

who voiced pretender jazz?

Pipesqueak
29th January 2008, 07:04 PM
What's the deal with Pretenders in general? I thought they were supposed to allow tfs to pass as humans but i looked up Bludgeon (after reading the thread about a titanium design for him being dumped) and found he had a skeleton face - hardly a good way to blend in to the population. And the bot inside him turned into a tank, so does that mean Pretnder bots were capable of g1 megatronesque mass shifting? Otherwise it would be one tiny tank...

dirge
29th January 2008, 07:16 PM
Pipesqueak, that was the original premise. However the Autobots were generally humans and the Decepticons were monsters - at least in 1988, during the first series.

The second series in 1989 gave us I think only four human shells - Vroom, Pincher, Crossblades and Skyhammer (inner shell). I wont count Doubleheader since two heads make for a fairly poor attempt to hide amongst the crowd.

Bludgeon fits into the Decepticon's monster theme. The only Decepticon I can think of who had a human shell was Strangehold - who was 1989 vintage actually.

roller
29th January 2008, 07:56 PM
i bet BM Megatron used G1 Hardhead as a template for the tank drone design, they are so similiar. Coincedence? I think not

liegeprime
29th January 2008, 08:01 PM
The Decepticons Pretender shells were not meant for camouflage (is my spelling correct?) but rather they used it for added firepower, and armor and shock value ( a psych warfare kinda thing) thus they used the theme of monsters, spikes and all. Such was not the intention for that particular technology when on the autobots end of the spectrum, its for disguise as these shells allow them to "shrink" ( read:mass shift) :D into humanoid sized, well ....humans as seen in the japanese TF series Pretenders. This is so they can operate easily on earth without drawing much attention. Decepticons couldn't care less hence monsters - good for causing mayhem and wanton destruction.
As always the varied way of thinking is very much evidently displayed by both factions with regards to the technologies they use, pretender shells included. Take for example in the G2 Marvel comics. This was thought of by Prime himself with regards to "warworld" - A mobile moonsized battle fortress of mish mashed stolen technology from dozens of conquered planets by the decepts. Prime states in his thoughts - were the Warworld is concerned, He ( in extension autobots) are thinking communication, while Megatron ( in extension decepticons) is thinking weapon.. which pretty much exemplifies it up with regards to views of the gimmicks/ technology for each side. Hope this helps.

GoktimusPrime
29th January 2008, 09:01 PM
Takara initially came up with the idea of having Transformers that could transform into humans, but when they threw the idea at Hasbro, Hasbro suggested instead that they keep the Transformers as vehicles, but envelop them in human-looking shells. Then somewhere down the line a decision was made to make the Decepticons look like monsters.

In the G1 series "Super God Masterforce" (effectively G1 Season 5 - spoilers ahead now!), it explains that the Autobot Pretenders modelled their shells after humans to integrate with humans whereas the Decepticon Pretenders modelled their shells after monsters in order to frighten humans. Remember that the Pretenders came to Earth thousands of years ago, before the advent of mass public schooling/education back when people would have been highly superstitious so they would have absolutely believed that the Decepticon Pretenders were actually demons/monsters with little to no means of combating them with pre-gun age weapons (not even a ballista can be loaded with Sabot rounds! :p Although I'm sure that the Decepticons would have been susceptible to Fetchez la vache (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7qxqvjTbu0) trebuchet attack ;)).

You can see here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwF01H8wIPI) how the Autobot Pretender shells allowed them to be robots disguised as humans in the G1 cartoon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/autobotpretenders.jpg
(that's right, Phoenix (Cloudburst) looks like Wolverine :p)

In the Marvel continuity, they were never robots in disguise (not on Earth anyway). Zarak and Vorath came up with the technology as a biotechnological experiment (something which Nebulans seem to excel in considering that they were the ones who devised Headmaster, Targetmaster and Powermaster technologies) and made the Decepticon Pretenders, who looked like giant monsters (why not?). Optimus Prime - who was a 1337 cyber character (existing only in cyberspace at the time) h4X0r'D the Decepticons' computer and pwned the technology back to the Autobots, who then used it to create Autobot Pretenders - who were giant humans in armour. In spite of this, the Decepticons still fell for their ploy! (when one of the Decepticon Pretenders complained that the Autobot Pretenders looked too big to be humans, Scorponok replied with something like, "Fool! That only makes their cowardice greater!" - yeah right) - the feint didn't last long... soon after the Decepticons began their attack, the Autobot Pretenders came out of their shell and thanks to battlefield leadership from cyber-prime (online) the Autobots managed to prawn the Decepticons z0mg!!111!1!!1~!11

There have been a few times the Autobots' Pretender shells have worked as disguises - but never on Earth. It worked on the planet Femax, where Cloudburst and Landmine met these giant Amazonian women - whose queen wanted to do Shnoo-Shnoo with Cloudburst. She got real mad when she found out that he was really a robot who didn't possess the correct... err... equipment for which to perform Shnoo-Shnoo with her. ;)

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/covers/us53.jpg

Now remember that the only Pretenders who were released in Japan (as Pretenders) were Landmine (as Lander), Waverider (Diver), Cloudburst (Phoenix), Submarauder (Gilmer), Skullgrin (Dauros) and Bomb-Burst (Blood). All other Pretenders that were released in the Hasbro market were not released in Japan - with the exception of the Pretender Monsters (released as Dino Force) and 2 of the Mega Pretenders (significantly retooled and released as Crossformers) - but neither of which are classified as Pretenders in the Japanese line/continuity, so they don't count.

The 1989 Pretenders (the line including Bludgeon) was never released in Japan. I once had a Japanese fan look at my collection and was drooling over my 1989 Small Pretenders... they're not really awesome toys, but the fact that they were never released in Japan made them really special for him (much like a Western fan's reaction to say Raiden or Lio Kaiser) - speaking of which, when the same Japanese fan saw dirge's Lio Kaiser, although he did think it was cool and enjoyed playing with it, he didn't have a fan-fap over it like he did with the 1989 Small Pretenders! :)

But yeah, in the Marvel continuity the Pretender shell acted more like a suit of armour that could be deployed as a remote-controlled autonomous unit to either reinforce the host Transformer in battle, or be used as a decoy. The only downside is that whatever is felt by the shell is also felt even more acutely by its owner. If the shell sustains a mortal wound or is destroyed, the owner goes into temporary stasis lock.

"Fetchez la vache!"
"Quoi?!"
"Fetchez la vache!"
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Pipesqueak
29th January 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys - so fast and so comprehensive!

Bartrim
30th January 2008, 12:25 PM
I wont count Doubleheader since two heads make for a fairly poor attempt to hide amongst the crowd.

Not in the Shoalhaven:p

GoktimusPrime
30th January 2008, 06:04 PM
Or Sesame Street ;)

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/twoheads.jpghttp://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/autobot/1989/doubleheader.gif

I really do like how Doubleheader talks through his two heads separately in an attempt to form coherent sentences and sometimes ends up confusing himself! It's a cute quirk. :D

dirge
30th January 2008, 09:31 PM
Not in the Shoalhaven:p

Dammit. I have to clean the Diet Lime Coke® off my desk now. Priceless :D

autobreadticon
30th January 2008, 10:29 PM
where can i get a website that has reviewers on each different t/f series?

Paulbot
30th January 2008, 10:33 PM
This might help you:
http://tfarchive.com/cartoons/resources.php

STL
31st January 2008, 12:25 AM
Got a question, why is there such a massive delay between Animated airing and Animated Toys coming out? It just seems so weird from a marketing and sales point of view that the toys won't hit till six months after the shows been around and either flopped or succeeded. At least by tying it in, you'd think that would help sales and the brand profile.

iceburn
31st January 2008, 12:30 AM
they're doing the waiting game....till you dying for it then would the animated toys be released to us "the tired, hungry seagulls" again

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st January 2008, 01:35 AM
I've got a question. (now a few questions)

In the Marvel G1 comics, does Rodimus Prime ever lead and if so was he a self doubting chump in them as well?

I know Rodimus rocks up in the UK ones, but I can't recall him showing his face in the US. Then I also don't see how he would fit in after Prime, Grimlock and then PM Prime.

Was that all the leaders of the Autobots? Oh and Fortress Maximus as well, but he gave in to Prime when he came back didn't he?

Cheers

Paulbot
31st January 2008, 09:13 AM
STL:
The Animated toy delay is Hasbro making a big mistake. I figure they are just trying to milk money out of the movie toys (which sold better than they expected) before the new toys that look nothing like the movie ones go on the shelf.

Tetsuwan Convoy:
Rodimus appears twice in the US comics but only in future timelines. The first time (#43) it's a straight adaptation of the episode "Big Broadcast of 2006" so he's just the same as in the cartoon. The second time (#67) he's just a dead body.

The US comics ignored the movie cast apart from characters like Hot Rod and Kup who showed up because they were rereleased as Targetmasters. I assume the one cartoon adaptation issue (#43) was made solely because Hasbro insisted Marvel show their big leader toys like Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, and Galvatron in the main comic at least once.

Autobot leaders in the US comic:
Optimus Prime
Ratchet (while the other Autobots were deactivated)
Prowl (while Prime was headless)
Optimus Prime again
Blaster/Perceptor (very briefly after Prime's death during GIJOE crossover)
Grimlock (leader of the Autobots on the Ark) and Fortress Maximus (leader of the Autobots on the Steelhaven)
Powermaster Optimus Prime
Grimlock (after Prime's second death)
Action Master Optimus Prime

autobreadticon
31st January 2008, 02:21 PM
paulbot please help..!

i just got the 'transformers universe - 3 mini con perceptor' and i cannot seem to form the 3 robots into one.

in the instruction its unclear how to connect the head part (motorcycle) to the chest piece.

im thinking that the head piece has a lock and key mechanism to the long black part piece of the bottom robot.

but the pieces to not fit, can someone plz tell me how to form perceptor correctly!

dirge
31st January 2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.paxeiro.com/potpourri/specs1.jpg

http://www.paxeiro.com/potpourri/specs2.jpg

autobreadticon, note that I have not combined them, just the attachment so you can see how it works (:

Also, if you're after a site with extensive Transformers reviews, check my site (see signature).

Pipesqueak
1st February 2008, 06:22 PM
Fortress Maximus (leader of the Autobots on the Steelhaven)

The Steelhaven being another ship I suppose? How impractical to have to design a ship with ceilings high enough for the big guy!

On another note, I've been getting into some tf comics lately and wondering if I'm right in thinking the club exclusive cybertron comics eventually saw a mass release in a TP form? If so, was it any good and how tough would it be to track one down?

autobreadticon
1st February 2008, 07:13 PM
dirge the problem was that believe or not the joints did not fit into each other,also because in your transformation method the chest piece cant be placed on for my robot.

when i transform it, because the motorcycle is connected right at the back there is a distance between the front chest piece and the perceptor head. In between is the black head of the hovercraft transformer in the way.

i want to know how to transform it so like in your picture there is a space vertically between the main head and the black head.

this may seem weird but can you provide me with a aerial shot of your perceptor.

MANY THANKS!!!!! so embrassing i cant transform it right

Paulbot
2nd February 2008, 05:57 PM
The Steelhaven being another ship I suppose? How impractical to have to design a ship with ceilings high enough for the big guy!
That's right the Steelhaven was the ship most of the 1987 toys came to Earth aboard, although comic Fortress Maximus was tall but not as tall as the cartoon version.

On another note, I've been getting into some tf comics lately and wondering if I'm right in thinking the club exclusive cybertron comics eventually saw a mass release in a TP form? If so, was it any good and how tough would it be to track one down?

They did in a book called TP called "Balancing Act". I didn't like it that much because it took me (an avid comic book reader for 20 years) two reads to really understand what was happening and how it was supposed to fit in with the Cybertron cartoon. As the only Cybertron comic though it's not bad to pick up and isn't that pricey, but it has a bit of a fanfic feel to it.

griffin
2nd February 2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, check out a comic store. I think it has Vector Prime on the cover, and most comic stores I have been to, had it sitting in their older TPBs section. It wasn't a big seller due to it being a little known obscure comic covering obscure characters, so you should still be able to find it in most comic shops and even book shops that carry TPBs.

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2008, 11:54 PM
don't forget that in the G1 comics there were two versions of Fortress Maximus - you had Fortress Maximus I, who was considerably smaller - he directly bonded with Galen... then you had Fortress Maximus II, who had an upgraded body that also featured a new headmaster robot for Galen to bond with (Cerebros).

benben2142
2nd February 2008, 11:59 PM
Who the hell is grandis? Can someone show me a picture of him? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RsrceYSDnk

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2008, 02:15 AM
Grandus:

http://www.tfu.info/1991/Cybertron/Grandus/grandus.htm

Big blocky toy base that rocks up with Star Convoy in the japanese "Battlestars" series. AKA The return of Convoy. In the japanese story arc Convoy (g1 Prime) stayed dead after he died in Headmasters and was reborn by powers of the Zodiac (? Actually, if someone could check on that) and became Star Convoy.

Toy doesn't look like a lot of fun to play with, unless he has a heap of cool basey things.

benben2142
3rd February 2008, 09:37 AM
WTF WTF I thought wheeljack and preceptor were dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVa5tvRLwec&feature=related look

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 10:34 AM
Well you thought wrong!

Actually - you're half right. Wheeljack died in TFTM but Perceptor never did. So yeah, it's a continuity screw up (welcome to the world of the G1 cartoon). But at least Wheeljack was still an Autobot (unlike Brawn and Huffer who were fighting alongside Decepticons in Season 3).

Perceptor and Wheeljack in Victory are actually entirely different characters compared to their previous selves - that's not to say that they're necessarily meant to or intended to be different characters, but their characterisation in Victory is drastically different to their previous selves. Comparing Victory Perceptor and Wheeljack to their previous G1 incarnations is akin to comparing BW and BM Megatron - yes, they are meant to be the same characters, but they are essentially entirely different!

Their Seiyuu (voice actors) are also different from those who played them in previous JP G1 series.

Still... I'd say that Victory Perceptor and Wheeljack aren't as badly contradictory in character compared to BW & BM Megatron (aside from the whole - ya know - being dead thing for Wheeljack :p).

Notice how Prowl also appears in The Headmasters (he's seen fighting alongside Ultra Magnus) despite the fact that he also died in the movie! :D

It's widely believed/accepted in the fandom that the writers for the Japanese G1 series hadn't yet seen Transformers The Movie, which came out later in Japan than it did in other countries (1988?).

autobreadticon
3rd February 2008, 12:56 PM
hay if you dont already know i started collecting last month, and i have a ton of questions. So it would be much appreciated if you guys can help me out, also props to those who already have ;)
also the person with the most combined answers will get a pretender shell prize, good for smugglering mini illegal transformers into Australia. (only given to Melb ppl sry)

1 - What is the height of universe bruticus compared to the micromaster combiners, can you plz also include a comparison photo of G1 bruticus , universe bruticus and 1 micromaster combiner formed

2-What is the ''average'' height of 'heroes of cybertron'action figures?

3 - How much is dinoking worth on the market todat - second-hand MOSC?

4 - What is the height of insecticons? Is there a height difference between G1 and takara reissue figures?

5- What are the physical dimensions of the takara reissue boxes (cm)?

6 - Is the dinoking form roughly the same height as a micromaster combiner?

7 - What is powerlinx, is there a energon combiner with more than 5 robots?
Please provide additional links

8 -Can someone photograph titanium jetfire next to a micromaster combiner formed?

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 03:06 PM
1 - What is the height of universe bruticus compared to the micromaster combiners, can you plz also include a comparison photo of G1 bruticus , universe bruticus and 1 micromaster combiner formed
afaik there's no such thing as Universe Bruticus.

G1 Bruticus is 25cm tall and your average Micromaster Combiner is the same height as most other Micromaster Transformer - about 5-6cm.

2-What is the ''average'' height of 'heroes of cybertron'action figures?
'bout 8cm

3 - How much is dinoking worth on the market todat - second-hand MOSC?
Dinoking would be MISB as the toy(s) was/were sold in box(es) not on card(s).

A MISB Dinoking gift set is worth US$350 MISB and US$88 LM according to ToyFare's Price Guide. The individual figures are worth US$50MISB and US$13LM guide.

4 - What is the height of insecticons? Is there a height difference between G1 and takara reissue figures?

(in robot modes)
Bombshell = 12cm
Kickback = 13cm (head height = 9cm)
Shrapnel = 12cm

And there's not difference in height between the originals and reissues. The most noticeable difference is the colours - the reissues are a bit darker. And of course, copyright stampage. :)

5- What are the physical dimensions of the takara reissue boxes (cm)?
The dimensions of reissue boxes vary wildly from little boxes for individual Micromaster reissues to the Predaking gift set reissue!

6 - Is the dinoking form roughly the same height as a micromaster combiner?
No way. Dinoking/Monstructor is really puny for a gestalt, but he's not that puny that he'd be the same size as an individual Micromaster TF (and Micromaster Combiners are about the same height as most other Micromaster TFs in robot mode). In their combined forms they'd be even shorter (but longer).

For example, Stonecruncher and Excavator combined are 9.5cm long but only 2.5cm tall.

Monstructor/Dinoking is 14cm tall which makes him shorter than a Micromaster gestalt like SixTurbo (who's 17cm) - he's even shorter than most Deluxe TFs these days.
e.g.:
Decepticon Brawl = 14.5cm
Bumblebee (concept) = 16cm
Autobot Jazz = 16cm
etc.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Monstructor/photocomic_monstructor03.jpg

7 - What is powerlinx, is there a energon combiner with more than 5 robots?
In Armada "Powerlinx" was the name of a Transformer that had be "upgraded" and thusly repainted. Many fans see it as a lame marketing excuse to repaint almost the entire line of mainstream Autobots and Decepticons.

In Energon, "Powerlinx" generally refers to the ability of some Transformers to Power Link (or "Super Link" in Japan) with each other, e.g.: Rodimus Convoy w/ Hot Shot or Hot Shot w/ Rodimus Convoy et al. The concept came from the G1 Multi Force gimmick.

8 -Can someone photograph titanium jetfire next to a micromaster combiner formed?
Don't have time to do that right now - lemme get back to you on that later.

autobreadticon
3rd February 2008, 05:54 PM
q1 - oh its ruination. is it the same height as g1 bruticus and t/f universe micromaster combiners?

q2 - What is the symetical dimensions of the takara reissue little boxes?

q3 - in energon , there is a toy that can combine, can you please tell what its called?

q4 - are there currently any combining transformers in 'transformers animated' ?

q5 - The recently revealed seacons on the TCC the same size as G1 combiner (just simply repaints) ?

q6 - Any news on transformer universe - micromaster series 5?

q7 - Can a transformer club member buy multiple copies of 1 club exclusive toy?

q8 - What is the t/f movie toy that comes with Sam and mikala# mini figures or any other human characters?

q9 - i want to get a frenzy toy from the transformer movie, apart from robot heroes , how can i get it?

q10 - Apart from recent news of t/f universe robot heroes, are their currently any mini figures for the firs beast wars series?

q11 - How can i get a gold version of G1 bumblebee that resembles G1 Goldbug, i do not want to get the go-bot version?

Soundwarp
3rd February 2008, 08:54 PM
:eek: OMG.............

Paulbot
3rd February 2008, 09:17 PM
q1 - oh its ruination. is it the same height as g1 bruticus and t/f universe micromaster combiners?

Ruination is the same height as G1 Bruticus, much bigger than micromaster combiners

Which Takara Reissues? there's a lot of them

q3 - in energon , there is a toy that can combine, can you please tell what its called?

There's a lot of them. Nearly every Autobot in Energon can combine. Anymore details?

q4 - are there currently any combining transformers in 'transformers animated' ?

No

q5 - The recently revealed seacons on the TCC the same size as G1 combiner (just simply repaints) ?

Yes

q6 - Any news on transformer universe - micromaster series 5?

No... they repainted all of the Micromaster combiners so there's not much chance they'll do another set.

q7 - Can a transformer club member buy multiple copies of 1 club exclusive toy?

Yes

q8 - What is the t/f movie toy that comes with Sam and mikala# mini figures or any other human characters?

Barricade comes with Sam and Mikalea in the Screen Battles set.

q9 - i want to get a frenzy toy from the transformer movie, apart from robot heroes , how can i get it?

There's a Frenzy in the Fast Action Battler series that transformers from Robot to CD Player. There's also a Frenzy figure included in the Barricade screen battles set.

q10 - Apart from recent news of t/f universe robot heroes, are their currently any mini figures for the firs beast wars series?

No, other than the Basic sized toys that came out during Beast Wars, and some random Japanese toys from the late 90s.

q11 - How can i get a gold version of G1 bumblebee that resembles G1 Goldbug, i do not want to get the go-bot version?

You would have to get a G1 Bumblebee and repaint it or have someone repaint it.

autobreadticon
3rd February 2008, 10:25 PM

the majority of them, but i just want to know for #12 mini bots and #insecticons

Quote:

i think theres a toy that requires 4 or 5 robots, do you know what it is

thank

autobreadticon
3rd February 2008, 10:25 PM
haha im just gonna finished with one more question.
It would save me a HEAP of amount of time and effort, so it would be much appreciated

what mini-sized transformers are there from the G1 japanese cartoons.
pictures would be much appreciated..

GoktimusPrime
3rd February 2008, 10:30 PM
Here we go...
+ Grindor, Highwire, Sureshock
+ Afterburner, Slingshot, Fireflight, Air Raid, Skydive (those are their JP names)
+ Hot Shot, Downshift, Inferno, Roadblock, Optimus Prime, Prowl (blue), Rodimus, Tow-Line, Checkpoint, Prowl (black), Beachcomber, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Jetfire
+ Optimus Prime, Wing Sabre, Omega Supreme, Omega Sentinel
+ Grimlock, Swoop
+ Onslaught, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, Blast-Off (JP names)
+ Bonecrusher, Duststorm, Sledgehammer, Wideload
SUPER LINK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bE7BFB2Wwc)

No... they repainted all of the Micromaster combiners so there's not much chance they'll do another set.
Negative. Micromaster Combiners have never been reissued.
The only Micromasters which have been reissued have been:
+ Micromaster Gestalts (SixTrain, SixLiner, SixTurbo, SixWing)
+ Hot Rod (w/ reissue Star Convoy)
...the G1 Multi Force were reissued as "Micromaster Deluxes"

Micromaster Gestalt: Sixtrain
http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/picture/tfcg1-sxtr01.jpg

I wish they'd reissue the Micromaster Combiners... especially Blackout (and yeah, Spaceshot too :p)

Micromaster Combiners Blackout and Spaceshot
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wjtbeek/graphic/decepair.jpghttp://www.acgtalk.com/files/blackout.jpg

As Paulbot said, there's also Fast Action Battler Frenzy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBYnkhCUx7M).

Dude, the original G1 Goldbug is gold! (so is the reissue)
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/goldbug.gif
If you want gold chrome the closest you'll find is G2 Bumblebee. But there's no gold chrome version of Goldbug in existence.

http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/g2bee.jpg

roller
3rd February 2008, 10:56 PM
anyone got comparison shots of the g1 optimus head and the g2 mould/reissues head?

who voiced pretender jazz ?

dirge
3rd February 2008, 11:38 PM
who voiced pretender jazz ?

Charlie Chaplin :D

kup
4th February 2008, 01:58 AM
Here we go...
+ Grindor, Highwire, Sureshock
+ Afterburner, Slingshot, Fireflight, Air Raid, Skydive (those are their JP names)
+ Hot Shot, Downshift, Inferno, Roadblock, Optimus Prime, Prowl (blue), Rodimus, Tow-Line, Checkpoint, Prowl (black), Beachcomber, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Jetfire
+ Optimus Prime, Wing Sabre, Omega Supreme, Omega Sentinel
+ Grimlock, Swoop
+ Onslaught, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, Blast-Off (JP names)
+ Bonecrusher, Duststorm, Sledgehammer, Wideload
SUPER LINK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bE7BFB2Wwc)

Superlink's intro sucks. There is way too many humans in it :( Not even Masterforce whose cast was very human centric had so many 'plain' humans taking up most of the intro time as if the show was mainly about them rather than Transformers.
________
E38 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_E38)

Soundwarp
4th February 2008, 07:24 AM

the majority of them, but i just want to know for #12 mini bots and #insecticons

Quote:

thank

Your not making KO's by any chance are you?

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 10:10 AM
Negative. Micromaster Combiners have never been reissued.
The only Micromasters which have been reissued have been:
+ Micromaster Gestalts (SixTrain, SixLiner, SixTurbo, SixWing)
+ Hot Rod (w/ reissue Star Convoy)
...the G1 Multi Force were reissued as "Micromaster Deluxes"

I meant the common interpretation of combiner team as group of Transformers that form a large robot (which is what Autobreadticon is interested in)

Gestalt team, Combiner team... You say Tomato, I say Tomato

There's three:

Construction Maximus made up of: Steamhammer, Bonecrusher, Duststorm, Sledge, and Wideload

Superion Maximus made up of: Storm Jet, Sky Shadow, Terradive, Treadshot, and Windrazor

Bruticus Maximus made up of: Barricade, Blackout, Blight, Kickback, and Stormcloud

Saintly
4th February 2008, 10:46 AM
Your not making KO's by any chance are you?

that's a good point! nice pick up on that... box dimensions, combiner names, robot names, robot heights :confused::confused::confused:

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 11:09 AM
before i can make KO transformers i must first make super, powerful and ultimate AUTOBREADTICON transformer, it will be the most prized transformer of Griffin.

q1 - lately i saw a mini sparkplug and spike mini figures, are there any more G1 human figures i can collect?

q2 - Construction Maximus ,Superion Maximus + Bruticus Maximus
Group picture please :)

if any of you are intersted autobreadticon transform into a muffin with sprinkles on top

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 04:12 PM
I meant the common interpretation of combiner team as group of Transformers that form a large robot (which is what Autobreadticon is interested in)

Gestalt team, Combiner team... You say Tomato, I say Tomato
Not with Micromasters. A Micromaster "Combiner" is very much officially an entirely different concept to a Micromaster gestalt warrior (gattaisenshi).

It is for this very reason that the term "gestalt" is commonly used in the fandom to avoid ambiguity. Sadly Hasbro - in their almighty inattentiveness, used the term "Combiner" to refer to gestalts in RiD. *sigh* Making the term 'combiner' officially acceptable for gestalts too - but many fans still prefer to use the term 'gestalt' to avoid confusion.

It gets very ambiguous when we're talking about G1 because in G1 the term "Combiner" was officially used to refer to the Micromaster Combiners, who of course, are NOT gestalts like Devastator, Bruticus and the actual Micromaster gestalts themselves.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of fan-terms... I always opt to use official terms where possible (hence why I always say "Sky Raiders" rather than "Seekers" - although "Seekers" has recently entered the official TF lexicon via Dreamwave Comics) - but the problem with the term "combiners" is that it now officially has two meanings. In G1 it refers to two Micromaster Transformers who combine to form a single vehicle mode. In RiD it refers to gestalts.

Because "combiners" was originally used to describe 2 TFs who merged into a combined vehicle mode first in G1, I (and generally across the fandom) tend to refer to them as "combiners" and Transformer teams who combine into a giant super robot as "gestalts." Officially the term "special team" can also apply for the Scramble City gestalts - as that was an official Anglophone term for those gestalt teams.

So in the context of G1, the term "combiner" was never officially attached to the gestalts. Even outside of G1 the term can still be confusing because there are still many post-G1 TFs who combine, but are NOT gestalts, e.g.: all the power-linking Energon Transformers. If someone says, "Energon Combiners" are they talking about the Energon Gestalts like Superion and Bruticus or are they talking about Powerlinx?? Outside of G1 the term "combiner" is too ambiguous whereas "gestalt" has taken on a very specific meaning in Transfandom.

Hasbro really should either:
a/ Never have used the term "Combiners" for the Micromaster Combiners, or
b/ Having realised that they'd already used the term "Combiners" to represent a wholly different concept, never used it to describe gestalt teams in RiD thus causing confusion and ambiguity on an official level.

...why, it's almost as if Hasbro wasn't paying attention! *gasp*

q1 - lately i saw a mini sparkplug and spike mini figures, are there any more G1 human figures i can collect?

That Spike and Sparkplug set are unlicensed (i.e.: not official).

Officially speaking the only G1 humans you can collect are Spike and Daniel.

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 05:35 PM
Honestly who first thinks of a limited late-G1 range of Micromasters when you hear the term "combiners"?

I was using that term for Devastator, Defensor etc long before the Micromasters came out. Not the UK comic's "special teams" or anything like that.

I never heard of the word Gestalt at all until I entered online fandom and even then it took me years before I started pronounced it correctly.

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 06:15 PM
We could throw anecdotes at each other all day and it wouldn't really achieve much.

Not everyone may necessarily think of the Micromaster Combiners when they hear the term "combiners" but when someone says "Micromaster Combiners", then I'm sorry, but they have very specifically targetted the actual Micromaster Combiner sub-group. And you did actually say "Micromaster Combiners."

If you say, "RiD Combiners" then sure, you're talking about the RiD gestalts. If you say "combiners" just by itself, you could be talking about gestalts or other forms of combiners. It's ambiguous. But when you say "Micromaster Combiners" then I'm afraid there's actually no ambiguity there - you have very specifically stated that 'Micromaster Combiners' which is that specific sub group name! If you had said, "Micromasters that combine" then okay, it's more ambiguous - you could be talking about Combiners or gestalts.

Saying "Micromaster Combiners" when you meant Micromaster gestalts is like almost like saying "Australian Rules Football" when you meant "Australian football." Technically football does refer to soccer in Australia - after all the Socceroos are officially known as the Australian National Football Team and Football Federation Australia (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au) is a soccer federation. But Aussie Rules is technically and officially the name of an entirely different sport that is not football (soccer). Saying "football" is technically a reference to soccer (the football world cup is a soccer cup) but it can also ambiguously be interpreted as a reference to AFL, NRL, Grid Iron etc. If someone is talking about "football Super Bowl" then they're obviously referring to Grid Iron - as obscure as it may be (as it only seems to be prevalent in the U.S. whereas football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world) in that context it is very much specifically qualifying itself as American Football or Grid Iron.

Likewise when you say "Micromaster Combiner" you have very specifically qualified what you're saying as referring explicitly to that sub-group. You might say afterwards, "oh I meant gestalts" - and that's fine - but be aware that when you say "Micromaster Combiner" you are using a very specific term.

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 06:15 PM
what is the height of SCF and MSCF figures?

i saw a SCF hot rod before that could transform, so only some of the SCF can transform right?

hay i just saw griffins book collection, what are the best guide books in terms of showing G1 characters info, their toy and price?

thank you

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 06:41 PM
None of the SCFs or Mega-SCFs can transform. There are some small model kits which can transform (mostly from disassembling and reassembling the model) but certainly none of the SCFs.

Here you go...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/combinerjetfire.jpg

q2 - Construction Maximus ,Superion Maximus + Bruticus Maximus
Group picture please
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/superlinkgestalts.jpg

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 09:07 PM
haha GoktimusPrime i meant a gestalt# micromasters formed , like superion.
but i gotta admit it looks awesome close up

im not a big fan of those energon combiners :(

GoktimusPrime what reference resource books for toy identification,pricing and a little general information do you use?

well thank you for everyone answering my questions, i just discovered chrono-Q, SCF, MSCF, myclone :eek: so i got a lot of web surfing to go :D

Currently im aware of mini figures ; G1 mini-bots,micromasters,mini-con,chrono-Q,SCF,myclone, WSTF, HOC,LOC, titanium, decoys,robot heroes, reissue keychains,spychangers and cassettes. Are there any more mini/micro sized transformers

benben2142
4th February 2008, 09:15 PM
Hey guys how come no body mentions anything about toy fairs in Queensland?

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 09:22 PM
Not everyone may necessarily think of the Micromaster Combiners when they hear the term "combiners" but when someone says "Micromaster Combiners", then I'm sorry, but they have very specifically targetted the actual Micromaster Combiner sub-group. And you did actually say "Micromaster Combiners."

Likewise when you say "Micromaster Combiner" you have very specifically qualified what you're saying as referring explicitly to that sub-group. You might say afterwards, "oh I meant gestalts" - and that's fine - but be aware that when you say "Micromaster Combiner" you are using a very specific term.

My usage was in response to a question was about Universe Micromasters that merged into a large robot. There is no way I expected Autobreadticon or any other newbie to think I was referring to the six-member Micromaster squads when I was responding. My lack of capital letters to indicate proper nouns might have shown I was referring to certain Transformers in general rather than a specific group.

And remember this thread is about answering newcomer's questions not correcting other members who try to help.

dirge
4th February 2008, 09:28 PM

I can't speak with any authority on Queensland fairs. Can you shed some light for us - are there any regular collectable fairs in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast?

GoktimusPrime
4th February 2008, 09:56 PM
haha GoktimusPrime i meant a gestalt# micromasters formed , like superion.
but i gotta admit it looks awesome close up
Titanium Jetfire & a Micromaster gestalt (Sixliner)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/titaniumgestalt.jpg

im not a big fan of those energon combiners
The cool thing about the Energon gestalts is that the limbs are interchangeable like with the original Scramble City gestalts, only with far better engineering/design (the limb robots aren't "blockheads"). The somewhat disappointing thing is that there are only two mould designs for each limb robot. e.g. Swindle & Brawl are the same moulds as are Vortex and Blast-Off.

GoktimusPrime what reference resource books for toy identification,pricing and a little general information do you use?
My primary source is Transformers Generations Deluxe.

well thank you for everyone answering my questions, i just discovered chrono-Q, SCF, MSCF, myclone so i got a lot of web surfing to go

Currently im aware of mini figures ; G1 mini-bots,micromasters,mini-con,chrono-Q,SCF,myclone, WSTF, HOC,LOC, titanium, decoys,robot heroes, reissue keychains,spychangers and cassettes. Are there any more mini/micro sized transformers
There's also Q-Robo and various PVCs and model kits released with confectionary or gum from Kabaya.

btw it's Choro Q ("cho" as in "chocolate", "ro" as in "rock") ;)

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 10:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Yellow-Transformer-Car-Autobot_W0QQitemZ330209576477QQihZ014QQcategoryZ75 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what transformer is this, seems cool!

STL
4th February 2008, 10:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Yellow-Transformer-Car-Autobot_W0QQitemZ330209576477QQihZ014QQcategoryZ75 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Uhm... Hotshot is that you?

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 10:31 PM
Hotshot's had too much Jam! I think that's one of the Red Rooster or McDonalds happy meal toys?

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 10:58 PM
wow i found out a cool website
verycoolthings.com , those kabaya look awesome will get some ;)

paulbot that yellow autobot just loss coolness =_=

Saintly
5th February 2008, 11:12 AM

That's a McDonalds Hotshot

griffin
5th February 2008, 12:37 PM

Probably because we don't have any up here (that I know of). The closest we get would be Supanova, but it is such a mixed bag of displays and dealer tables, there is never a guarantee it would have any significant toy dealers.

There is (or was) the Aladin's collectable's fair, but it is just a fancy name for 'flea market', as it was just a small sports hall with mostly craft and junk for sale. Pippin's toys was a regular, but was the only source of toys there though, so you take a risk paying the admission fee if that one dealer has nothing you want.

kup
5th February 2008, 01:51 PM
Sydney's Supanova had almost zero Transformers stuff in it. The only Transformers things they had were Madman and the G1 DVDs that we can find everywhere and maybe the odd comic. Nothing that you could get somewhere else, possibly cheaper too.

My advice is for you to go there to enjoy the variety that Supanova offers not specifically to find TF stuff or you will come out dissapointed.
________
Mazda Biante Picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Biante)

autobreadticon
5th February 2008, 03:44 PM
thanks dirge i transformed perceptor correctly :)

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2008, 07:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Yellow-Transf...QQcmdZViewItem

As Saintly said, that is McDonalds Hot Shot - it's a Happy Meal Toy.

Cool features about this toy:
+ Has a pull-back motor
+ Can merge with Happy Meal Optimus Prime, Red Alert and Smokescreen into a gestalt robot - I use the term "robot" loosely, but for a Happy Meal toy it's okay :)
+ Like all Armada Happy Meal toys, it has Powerlinx ports which means that you can actually attach Mini-Cons to it! :)

benben2142
5th February 2008, 09:36 PM
Hey I think g1 joe is cool I can’t find the reissues? Do they still sell them?

GoktimusPrime
6th February 2008, 10:40 AM
G1.. Joe?! (o_O) Are you talking about the Generation 1 Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover? There were never any special or exclusive toys made for that crossover as it was based on existing figures for both franchises - and some of the characters who appeared in that crossover have been reissued, but not with the crossover in mind. The G1 TF/Joe crossover was pretty forgettable. (-_-) The G2 TF/Joe crossover was infinitely better.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/4000/3632/3632-27679-1-g-i-joe-and-the-tra_150.jpghttp://www.seibertron.com/images/comic/11/142.jpg

benben2142
6th February 2008, 06:43 PM
No I meant, do they still sell gi joe reissue? Also has g1 metroplex been reissued?

Soundwarp
6th February 2008, 07:55 PM
No I meant, do they still sell gi joe reissue? Not that i know ofAlso has g1 metroplex been reissued?

NO

autobreadticon
6th February 2008, 10:31 PM
Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Lot-JRX-RID-RAILRACER-Boxset-Import-Takara_W0QQitemZ250212800995QQihZ015QQcategoryZ490 15QQcmdZViewItem

benben2142
7th February 2008, 01:16 AM
Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Lot-JRX-RID-RAILRACER-Boxset-Import-Takara_W0QQitemZ250212800995QQihZ015QQcategoryZ490 15QQcmdZViewItem

Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

griffin
7th February 2008, 03:30 AM
Quite a few of the Japanese Car Robots series (called Robots in Disguise by Hasbro) and Beast Era toys were produced and released in Korea in different packaging. The toys are supposedly exactly the same, but are often cheaper on ebay and online stores because the demand was for the Japanese *packaged* versions. I'm in that category, mostly because it just feels like cheap imitations, despite apparently being the exact same toy from the exact same chinese factories.

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2008, 12:13 PM
The Korean versions are the same toys. And they're legit. Transformers are distributed in South Korea by a company called Sonokong which imports them from Takara and repackages them for their local market and in the Korean language. The packaging and inserts are vastly inferior to Takara though - particularly with the tech spec cards which often:
1/ show incorrect vital stats
2/ are often packaged with the WRONG tech specs cards, or none at all!

Aside from packaging and inserts, the only Korean TF that I know of which has any substantial difference from the Japanese one is Brave Maximus which has the factory-applied Autobot insignia sticker put on upside down. :p

No I meant, do they still sell gi joe reissue? Also has g1 metroplex been reissued?
Metroplex has never been reissued.

GI Joe is not Transformers - if you have any questions regarding non-Transformers toy lines please post in the relevant section.

STL
7th February 2008, 03:13 PM
The Korean packaging is lacking in comparison to the Takara but that said above the American packaging. For instance, I know I wouldn't trade my JRX packaging for the US one or RiD Scourge for US one.

I also have a question, with the Robot Masters line, did they come package with tech spec cards?

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2008, 06:25 PM
Only the e-Hobby exclusive ones. The regular Robot Master figures have clip & save style tech specs on the back of the boxes, which is unusual for Takara.

autobreadticon
7th February 2008, 07:51 PM
i really dont mind if the railracer is korean, it adds more international favour to my collection. All that matters is it looks the same as the jap version.

how tall is R.I.D rail racer?

dirge
7th February 2008, 08:54 PM
This discussion of Korean Car Robots is long enough that it warrants a separate thread. So I have copied the relevant posts to a new thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=423) (:

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2008, 11:11 PM
how tall is R.I.D rail racer?
JRX (Rail Racer) is 24cm in gestalt robot mode.

Get the Japanese version if you can, it's a lot nicer. And yeah, the Korean version would be the same toywise. :)

Bartrim
8th February 2008, 09:48 AM
Okay I have a question.

I was watching the Transformers Energon series I bought and I like the story. I'm up to the last disc, things are getting interesting then they throw in this random episode where all the Transformers are fighting in a VR tag team knockout tournament. then the next episode is back to the story. Can anyone explain to me why they did that?:confused:

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2008, 11:35 AM
I think is some sort of anniversary celebration episode

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 12:51 PM
How realiable are hong kong sellers and selling WST toys?

i frankly annouyed at some posts that 'takara' WST and 'justittoys' WST dinobots sold by a minority of Asian sellers are fake.

This came to my attention when i saw a post of a ebay seller from Hong Kong selling ripoffs of the unofficial WSt dinobots.

And now that i brought a WST hot rod which will soon be 3 weeks late, i am doubting the majority of hong kong sellers. i am not being racist, but some chinese sellers appear to be very deceptive. in that they have power seller status with feedback that appears to be from shady sources. I brought two items (with transfered funds into my paypal account and both two items, one from the US and from Hong Kong, the Amercian item has arrived but im still waiting on the Hong Kong package which i think he indicated was posted two weeks after i purchased the item)

This is my view only of a minority of chinese ebay sellers and not chinese businesses at all.

roller
8th February 2008, 02:27 PM
hahahahaha where as i dont trust chinese businesses at all and im partially chinese

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 03:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110222031292&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

can sum1 please give me additional information on this?

griffin
8th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Okay I have a question.

I was watching the Transformers Energon series I bought and I like the story. I'm up to the last disc, things are getting interesting then they throw in this random episode where all the Transformers are fighting in a VR tag team knockout tournament. then the next episode is back to the story. Can anyone explain to me why they did that?:confused:

It was designated as being the 1000th (I think) episode of Transformers, give or take. So it was done as a one-off 'dream' type episode that had nothing to do with anything else.

griffin
8th February 2008, 03:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110222031292&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

A two pack of WST Leaders, possibly with recolouring to both figures to make them uniquely exclusive to the regular versions. It looks like Megatron has the blue legs instead of red, but I can't tell if there is anything different with Optimus.
Well, according to this link:
http://www.soundwavesoblivion.com/japanesewstf.html
Optimus has darker windows and Megatron does indeed have blue legs. I'd get it for the blue megatron (it represents the diaclone, goodbye Megatron, and Megaplex versions), but if you already have Optimus, this one with darker windows sounds a bit disappointing.

griffin
8th February 2008, 03:50 PM
How realiable are hong kong sellers and selling WST toys?
i frankly annouyed at some posts that 'takara' WST and 'justittoys' WST dinobots sold by a minority of Asian sellers are fake.
This came to my attention when i saw a post of a ebay seller from Hong Kong selling ripoffs of the unofficial WSt dinobots.

Considering that the WST Dinobots are illegal (unauthorised) and as such, aren't legitimate Transformers (branded) toys, if someone is selling fakes of illegal toys, there's not really anything that can be said or done about it.
Justitoys has been making unauthorised Transformers accessories and figures for years now, and since they sponsor TFW2005.com, their illegal products gets lots of promoting by that website as if they are legitimate items that fans should be collecting.

If you have a problem with the real WSTs, report the seller to ebay if they are not providing the service you are paying for.

For some further info on the WSTs, go here:

Paulbot
8th February 2008, 03:52 PM
WST Hot Rod was a shortpacked figure so it's rare. If you got it really cheap than it's likely a fake too.

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 04:35 PM
i brought the WST hot rod for about $17 US , with $6 US shipping. Yeah at the time it didnt really occur to me that i might of have brought a fake. I just recently found out that some hot rod WST were branded as 'limited rare toys by justitoys by ebay sellers :mad:

do you know how much i should of have paid? in the hot rod item description it said 'TRU exclusive''?

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 05:18 PM
That WST Leader 2-pack has the same packaging as the G1 Goodbye Convoy/Megatron set (1986) so I suspect that it is meant to be a WST version/representation of Goodbye Convoy and Goodbye Megatron.

Goodbye Convoy (reissued as New Year Special Convoy) had blue windows instead of brown and Goodbye Megatron (reissued as Megaplex) had blue inner legs and dark greys instead of chrome silver (also came w/ a sword instead of the sniper accessories).

Bartrim
9th February 2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Griff and Gutsman for answering my q:)

Pipesqueak
9th February 2008, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have a book called Transformer: Genesis - The Art of Transformers? Sounds like it might have been good but from what I've read there was quite a legal stoush over its publishing. Would it be worth chasing down?

griffin
9th February 2008, 09:51 PM
I used to have it (probably still do), but it was indeed a problematic book that ended up being a lot different to what it was originally being promoted as.
It was supposed to include artwork and pre-production toy designs, as well as various toy related images that have not been released before.
Unfortunately, it was scaled back to being a two-part release, with the artwork first, and then toy stuff second. The disappointment of a hard cover expensive artwork book (filled mostly with Dreamwave and fan art), probably effected sales enough to prevent the second half, or maybe it was as you mentioned, it was a legal issue.
Either way, it was a big tease project that failed to deliver, and upset a lot of fans looking out for it. Kinda like the first Official Convention organisor between 2002-2004, promising heaps of stuff and later finding out that he couldn't deliver a lot of it.

G1Optimal
11th February 2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry, i am late in responding...
i was to focused in the other sections.:eek::o

Im not sure if W4K were Coles Myer to begin with, but I know that they were "bought out" by them before 2000.

All i remeber , if not vaguely watching some current affairs show (i think, it was Stan Grant who was hosting it at the time, i think it was Today Tonight ) doing a story about the smaller toy retail outlets complaining about the competitive environment at the time and the reporter mentioning Coles-Myer were taking on Toys R Us with World 4 Kids... or something like that?

I loved the catalogue, and had to through mine out after my Waterbed broke a few years ago and flooded my old room. I remember going into Blacktown to get Hurricane and Boss with the catalogue in my hands!

I am wishing, what i did with these: :(:confused:
(ones in bold are my personal favorites)
Turbomarsters
"Thunderclash", "Rotorstorm", "Boss" , "Scorch", "Flash" & "Hurricane"
Predators
"Skyquake", "Stalker", "Falcon", "Talon", "Snare" & "Skydive"

also had "Pyro" , "Ironfist" & "Deftwing", and one of the "Aquaspeeders" I can't remember the name, i think it was an Autobot that turned into a F1 like mode.:confused::(

excelonzero
12th February 2008, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.....cWAT.m240.lVI

Griffin replied:
A two pack of WST Leaders, possibly with recolouring to both figures to make them uniquely exclusive to the regular versions. It looks like Megatron has the blue legs instead of red, but I can't tell if there is anything different with Optimus.
Well, according to this link:
Optimus has darker windows and Megatron does indeed have blue legs. I'd get it for the blue megatron (it represents the diaclone, goodbye Megatron, and Megaplex versions), but if you already have Optimus, this one with darker windows sounds a bit disappointing.

I can confirm that Meg's has (royal) blue legs, inner arms and some small blue parts (muzzle hinge, internal arm arm hinges)
<The regular WST Prime has light blue windscreens, medium blue legs, with white thighs, and blue eyes>
The VSX Primes has dark blue windscreens, his legs are a solid (matching) dark blue, but his eyes are an electric orange

Hope this clears this question up further..

griffin
12th February 2008, 04:03 AM
I'm gonna have to get me a set now that I've found out that they had colour differences... :(

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 10:32 AM
Variant Pwn'd! =d

autobreadticon
12th February 2008, 11:13 AM
heres an item description for the item

Japanese Exclusive -For the September 2004 issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine, Mediaworks teamed up with Takara to produce this exclusive set of World's Smallest Transformers, modeled after the vintage VSX set. Included is a great looking box resembling the vintage version. As with the other World's Smallest Transformers, both of these fully transform, even though they stand just 6 cm tall includes Cybertron (Convoy) World's Smallest Transformer, Destron (Megatron) World's Smallest Transformer, and collector box measuring 8" x 5.5" x 1".

What G1 combiners were reiussed?
i know of predacons.
what year was combacticons resissued?

Paulbot
12th February 2008, 11:44 AM
The Aerialbots, Combaticons, Protectobots, and Stunticons were "reissued" as gold boxed/carded Classics in the early 90s (90/91/92?)

There are G2 versions of the Aerialbots and Combaticons, and ultra-ultra rare G2 Protectobots and Stunticons (except G2 Breakdown who's just ultra-rare)

The Combaticons toys have been re-released many many times over, but outside of Generation Two, they were never "the Combaticons" again.

The Constructions also had a second release just pre-G2 and during G2 but haven't been reissued since.

The Seacon toys came around again in the Japanese Beast wars but weren't the Seacons. There's an upcomming release of them in the Universe line in new colours.

Most of the G1 Scramble City combiners aren't being officially reissued because of all the knock off versions of them on the market.

Some of the Japanese Micromaster gestalts have been reissued (Sixbuilder, etc) and those were the ones repainted for the Universe line. And one of the Japanese combiners Landcross (i think) was rereleased but at a smaller scale.

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2008, 07:07 PM
What G1 combiners were reiussed?
None. As for gestalts, see Paulbot's post.

what year was combacticons resissued?

And one of the Japanese combiners Landcross (i think) was rereleased but at a smaller scale.
Same scale. Some colour variation, most noticeably on Tackle (original G1 toy is vermillion whereas reissue is orange). Reissue Multi Force also have Autobot insignias stamped on each figure and Landcross' chestplate stickers are also stamped/painted on, which looks nicer IMO. The originals are more show-like though if that kind of thing concerns you.

autobreadticon
14th February 2008, 11:43 AM
do the classics toys have any story or character to them, or are they simply just repaints of cybertron toys with homage to g1 characters?

Paulbot
14th February 2008, 12:14 PM
The Classics toys were mostly new toys with the main exception being the Classics Legends figures (such as Whirl, Perceptor, Trypticon) which were repaints of Cybertron Legends toys.

The only fiction around them is that in the Collector's Club comic strip which is a new continutation from Marvel comic's issue 80 that ignores the Generation Two story. In this the Classics are the original characters in new and/or upgraded bodies.

autobreadticon
14th February 2008, 03:42 PM
I also noticed that my mail person delivers mail at roughly the same time each day.

How do you guys anticipate when transformer packages arrive at your door?
(roughly taking into account the suggest time inidcated on your order or receipt?)

Pulse
16th February 2008, 01:35 AM
Have you ever felt weird/uncomfortable or received some sort of dirty look/death stare when purchasing TFs from a store?

In all my years of buying TFs from stores, There's only been one time that I can recall when I was paying for Classics Skyfire & the 60 year old "Checkout Chick" gave me a real dirty look & I'm thinking "WTF's your problem?" It was as though I should be ashamed with myself or something - honestly, do people criticise her on the colour of the knitting wool she buys or something? Stupid Old Bag

What if some hot Checkout Chick served you when you were paying for them - TFs might actually become a pickup line; or maybe not.

I guess Big W had people like us in mind when they converted some of their checkouts into self-serve ones

Soundwarp
16th February 2008, 08:38 AM
I love that look, i had an argument with a bioch at a Toyworld once:

She said "Well at least your not one of those loosers that comes in here to buy them for them selves".

I responded with "Well actually it is for me"

Her: "Oh bit childish isn't it"

Me: "I serve this great nation to support the fact that we are free to do as we feel"

Then it got nasty and i got her manager and made her apologise :D

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2008, 08:49 AM
Last year when I found Decepticon Frenzy there was another guy who was holding a bunch of Transformers in his arms and I tried to strike up a conversation with me but he just flatly ignored me, continued browsing the TF shelves for a bit, then promptly left. Couldn't tell if he was just some really anti-social collector or a scalper... (-_-)

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th February 2008, 05:41 PM
I love that look, i had an argument with a bioch at a Toyworld once:

She said "Well at least your not one of those loosers that comes in here to buy them for them selves".

I responded with "Well actually it is for me"

Her: "Oh bit childish isn't it"

Me: "I serve this great nation to support the fact that we are free to do as we feel"

Then it got nasty and i got her manager and made her apologise :D

ZING! That is brilliant.

I have had a chat to some chicks at the shops about TFs they were like "my Dad likes Tfs and he blah blah blah......"

Problem is I am probably the same age as their dads....;)

Another time, I was having a coffee after purchasing the red coloured RID Sideburn. I whipped him out of the box and the chick delivering my coffee says

"You still play with toys!?!?" ( With a patronising look.)

I say "Yep and I don't have to serve people coffee to afford them either.":D

Man I can be a real bastard sometimes:D:D

Soundwarp
16th February 2008, 09:43 PM
^ ^ ^ Hahahahahahahaha :D

benben2142
17th February 2008, 01:24 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to know, if I bought a mp-05 of www.hlj.com and a custom saw it and took it will I get a letter saying that it was taken? Or what will happen?

benben2142
17th February 2008, 01:37 AM
And also how much is shipping for this guy http://www.collectoybles.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_334&products_id=2827

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_QLD.htm

hanprimus
18th February 2008, 11:15 AM
Hello guys I need some help, I know it's illegal to own MP-05 without a permit, but what about TFC reissue Megatron? I just got a letter saying that mine was held by the custom :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

dirge
18th February 2008, 08:05 PM
TFC Megatron (along with Encore etc) is illegal for the same reason as MP-05. Whilst the permits issued by NSW Firearms _should_ cover TFC Megatron (since they list "Megatron Transformer" as the subject of the approved collection), I'm not aware of any precedents in Victoria that would legitimise your TFC Megatron.

There is some discussion of the situation in NSW here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16). I know it doesn't really _help_ the situation in Victoria, but it might explain the parallels between the two toys as far as the law is concerned.

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2008, 08:30 PM
Like dirge said...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/megatronpermitt.jpg

Unfortunately this only applies to NSW. Regarding Victorian fans

Masterpiece Megatron has been made illegal in Victoria, Australia. At present there is no process available for legal importation or ownership. Please feel free to contact your local firearms registry, police ministry or member of parliament using the letters and information provided on the NSW (http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_NSW.htm) page to try and change this.
(Source (http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_VIC.htm))

Tiby
18th February 2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry guys - it looks like the State and Territory governments have cracked down. The NSW process is not too complicated and it works.

Gutsman Heavy
19th February 2008, 12:51 AM
I feel for you my cross-border buddies, but will secretly laugh every time I see encore megs in Shin Tokyo!

hanprimus
19th February 2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys, I asked the person from the customs whether if it's alright for me to return to sender or to other country (cousins who lives in M'sia), he said 'I think you can cos it's just a TOY', aiks....

Paulbot
19th February 2008, 09:08 PM
If a bunch of us got sick of waiting for Stockade (as an example) to hit the shelves and did a group order from an o/s website and say purchased 10 of them in order... would customs have an issue with us importing a large quantity of one item? Would they charge us some sort of tax?

STL
19th February 2008, 11:10 PM
If a bunch of us got sick of waiting for Stockade (as an example) to hit the shelves and did a group order from an o/s website and say purchased 10 of them in order... would customs have an issue with us importing a large quantity of one item? Would they charge us some sort of tax?

Nope. It must meet a certain value for customs to intercede. I cant recall the value though it would be something high. Put it this way, I've seen plenty of parcels with commercial goods in them come through my post office that customs have never touched.

All going to people of Asian descent and coming from Asian countries. The boxes are huge and it just amazes me that they just ship it that way and avoid customs scot free. Smaller items, okay, but massive lots of electronics and clothing is just scary.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

STL
19th February 2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks guys, I asked the person from the customs whether if it's alright for me to return to sender or to other country (cousins who lives in M'sia), he said 'I think you can cos it's just a TOY', aiks....

I'd would've pressed him further right there and then, dude. Technically (from my own experience) your supposed to get an export licence from the Department of Defence. Which is stupid, I know, but that's what the guy told me I had to do. I just wanted to whack the folk that drafted the legislation. I mean, export licence for toy gun... as a return to sender!

griffin
20th February 2008, 02:23 AM
Nope. It must meet a certain value for customs to intercede. I cant recall the value though it would be something high. Put it this way, I've seen plenty of parcels with commercial goods in them come through my post office that customs have never touched.

All going to people of Asian descent and coming from Asian countries. The boxes are huge and it just amazes me that they just ship it that way and avoid customs scot free. Smaller items, okay, but massive lots of electronics and clothing is just scary.

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem.

Not always though. I once got a package held by customs for being over $300 and they wouldn't release it until I paid the duty tax on it. And I think they can charge duty on anything that is over $100 (on the customs declaration), but probably only waste time on the more expensive items, or if you have been flagged as a regular importer of parcels.
It might also come down to the actual description on the customs declaration, as some types of goods might not attract a tax if from certain countries.

Paulbot
20th February 2008, 10:38 AM
Hmm still might work out cheaper... look out for a "Melb group order for new Movie deluxes" thread! :)

autobreadticon
20th February 2008, 03:18 PM
:)what are good tf catalogue books, with plenty of pics and catalogued according to tf series??

any1 willing to sell these pm

Paulbot
20th February 2008, 04:44 PM
The Transformers ID and Price Guide book is the best one available in the shops. Most Borders stores stock it - I saw it as Knox Borders on the weekend. Quality of pictures varies from good to out of focus, and only covers US G1.

The Cybertronian guides are excellent but pricey and cover up to the first two years of Beast Wars.

Transformers Generations is the best you can get, covering G1 (US/Euro/Japanese) and Machine Wars, but alas is not in english (it's only flaw!)

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 04:55 PM
what are good tf catalogue books, with plenty of pics and catalogued according to tf series??
For all things G1 and G2 I would highly recommend Transformers: Generations (or Transformers: Generations Deluxe). They're available from Japanese book stores - not sure if Melbourne has a Kinokuniya or Hondarake... but you guys have a Japan Book Plaza, don't you?

kup
20th February 2008, 08:42 PM
For the US G1 line only, the Transformers Identification and Price Guide by Mark Bellomo is enough. They have very good pics of the toys and their accessories but sadly (as often the case) the prices are way off. I wish I could find TFs as cheap as those in the guide.
________
Land cruiser 70 series (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_70_Series)

autobreadticon
20th February 2008, 09:38 PM
thank you for the quick response guys, planning on buying a book tommorrow :)

another question, usually when you receive packages (bought t/f online) , it usually requires the delivery person to deliver the goods in person to someone, what happens if nobody is home. I remember theres a period the local post office holds onto it. When does the package get returned to the sender, how is the best way to approach this problem over the phone to your local post office?

Gutsman Heavy
20th February 2008, 10:10 PM
depends if its registered and thus requires someone to sign it will be sent to a local post office, otherwise its usually left at the door (but not always)

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:18 PM
If it's not registered it's usually either left at the door or they will sometimes leave it at the door (sometimes they will try to "hide" it from people passing by so that you only notice it when you come right up to your door*), or give you a slip under your door or in your mailbox to let you know that they unsuccessfully tried to deliver a parcel to you. You then bring that slip into the post office (the Post Office where the parcel is being held will be noted on the slip), show the slip with some ID and they then give you the package.

*depends on where you live too. When I used to live with my parents in a fairly affluent neighbourhood, they would almost always just dump the parcel right in front of the door in plain sight, even massively huge ones! :p

TheDirtyDigger
21st February 2008, 12:14 PM
Ok...big noob question here.

Finally obtained all parts for Computron. When making Nosecone the leg there is two plug-holes side by side and no central one so that when you put the foot plate on, the figure sits to one side.
Is this how it's meant to be because the instructions show him sitting centre?
Is my Nosecone missing a piece?

griffin
21st February 2008, 02:30 PM
That was always something that bugged me with Computron. One of the feet would be off-centre, and it is annoyingly unavoidable.

TheDirtyDigger
21st February 2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Griff.
I guess to get around it we could interchange Nosecone with Strafe or Afterburner as even the instructions say all legs and arms are interchangeable.

autobreadticon
21st February 2008, 05:04 PM
cant seem to find these...

any1 know how i can get rub sign stickers for g1 mini-bots?

GoktimusPrime
21st February 2008, 05:51 PM
officially you can't.

The only other way is to find a KO with a rub sign and hock one of those, but in my experience they're of inferior quality.

Reissue minibots come with rub signs.

TheDirtyDigger
21st February 2008, 06:10 PM
Reprolabels sells rub signs rather cheaply.

dirge
21st February 2008, 08:57 PM
Use Afterburner as a leg and Nosecone as an arm. Works much more gooderer, since you can straighten out Nosecone properly! (:

autobreadticon
22nd February 2008, 11:47 PM
is the barricade from the screen battle set the same mode from the barricade deluxe figure, which one in your opinion what are the differencesbetween the two?

Paulbot
22nd February 2008, 11:54 PM
Same mould, different colours and you can't get Frenzy out of the Screen Battle Barricade without a screwdriver.

griffin
23rd February 2008, 03:30 AM
I can't see any colour differences in the Battle Scene Pack Barricade to the regular one. The other three packs have something different in their paint apps, but I couldn't see any on Barricade. Mind you, I haven't taken it out of packaging yet, so I might have missed something on the back somewhere.
The significant difference was as Paul mentioned - the 'modification' of the toy to prevent Frenzy from being removed (to keep the grill plate intact instead of a gaping whole in the chest).

Gutsman Heavy
23rd February 2008, 12:38 PM
transformerland.com any good?

roller
23rd February 2008, 08:32 PM
by the time of Beast Wars is Cybetron in orbit around our sun? i think i saw it in The agenda pt1

griffin
24th February 2008, 06:00 AM
by the time of Beast Wars is Cybetron in orbit around our sun? i think i saw it in The agenda pt1

No. I think the Gen1 cartoon was the only time it was ever in our star system.

roller
24th February 2008, 10:25 AM
yeah but isnt rhinox looking at our solar system and there is a black metallic looking planet around our sun?

i seem to recall that it was

someone who goes on foreign boards ask "Who voiced Pretender Jazz?"

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2008, 10:57 AM
Cybertron is definitely not orbiting around the Earth's Sun or anywhere within the Solar System or Milky Way galaxy. According to the Marvel comics, it began in Alpha Centauri, although its orbit deteriorated making it a rogue wandering world.

If Cybertron was that close, then they could've simply returned to Cybertron via a basic rocket - okay sure, Cybertron would still be ravaged by the Autobot-Decepticon war at that time, but it surely would've been better than staying on Earth... on Cybertron they would've had better chances of mustering resources in building a functioning transwarp starship (they still had surviving transwarp drives from the Axalon and Darkside/Terrorcrasher) .

yeah but isnt rhinox looking at our solar system and there is a black metallic looking planet around our sun?
I believe he was looking at an image of Cybertron orbiting around its own sun. In Beast Machines Cybertron is shown to have a fixed orbit around a star - and Cybertronian time is measured according to this orbit (stellar cycles).

benben2142
26th February 2008, 08:52 PM
This is were my package is right now, how much more longer? http://tracking.post.japanpost.jp/service/singleSearch.do?searchKind=S004&reqCodeNo1=EI804445381JP&locale=en

benben2142
26th February 2008, 10:17 PM
Can some one reply to me please because it seems that no ones reply to me any more so why should I even post!

STL
26th February 2008, 10:20 PM
Can some one reply to me please because it seems that no ones reply to me any more so why should I even post!

I think the reason why no one's responded is b/c no one knows for sure. I mean half the time I get sent tracking information I don't follow where it is. I only want tracking as a means of keeping myself safe if the buyer is dodgy.

iceburn
26th February 2008, 10:40 PM
i always try to have tracking for mine because i dont trust ebay sellers. in a way, its to protect myself ....therefore, its really up to you

Rampage
26th February 2008, 10:42 PM
This is were my package is right now, how much more longer? http://tracking.post.japanpost.jp/service/singleSearch.do?searchKind=S004&reqCodeNo1=EI804445381JP&locale=en

more than likely tomorrow if your postcode is 4214 or nearby suburb

dirge
26th February 2008, 10:42 PM
benben, noone here knows what's happening with your HLJ shipment. Quite a few people have offered their experiences, but noone can possibly give you specific information on your parcel.

benben2142
26th February 2008, 10:43 PM
my post code is 4214

roller
26th February 2008, 10:43 PM

you sir have insulted me!!!!

I demand satisfaction!

oh and im being serious for once!

turtle boy
26th February 2008, 10:45 PM
my post code is 4214

dude, how can that help people help you with your package if they don't know about it in the first place?

benben2142
26th February 2008, 10:48 PM
dude, how can that help people help you with your package if they don't know about it in the first place?

I was just asking also what the hell is AUMPQL???

dirge
26th February 2008, 11:01 PM
Most likely some sort of Australia Post abbreviation, benben.

At this stage, I recommend waiting a day or two, your stuff is likely at the Arundel Mail Centre, waiting for dispatch to your house.

STL
26th February 2008, 11:26 PM
Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards? The reason I ask is b/c I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying a certain figure loose or should i chase down the MISB one.

Sam
26th February 2008, 11:35 PM
Not sure if these questions have been asked before (don't have time to read through 22 pages of text), pardon me if posted already.

I also realise there may be more than one answer depending on the continuity.

[1] Origin of triple changing ability. I read that they were a result of Shockwave's experiments (I think this was from the DW comics).

Any other information anyone can shed on this?

[2] Origin of Sixshot ?

[3] Origin of combiner technology. According to the IDW Spotlight: Optimus Prime, it stated that Jihaxus introduced this via an experiment that resulted in Monstructor.

I am interested in finding out if there are any other origin stories.

[4] How Transformers are created / made. Primus? Vector Sigma? Matrix? Some combination of all three?

[5] Why does Alpha Trion seem to "age", whereas some other characters do not (well at least they don't seem to grow beards)?

Thanks. :)

roller
27th February 2008, 12:18 AM
for DW yeah, shockwave experimented on Blitzwing and triple changing resulted

2?

3. Yeah Monstructor was the first gestalt attempt, see Optimus Prime Spotlight

As for how they are created, it depends on which universe you are looking at.

G1 Cartoon, Optimus and our heroes are descendants of consumer goods robots that rebelled against their masters/creators the Quintessons. In G1 cartoon Vector sigma gives life to the Stunticons and Aerialbots, Ultramagnus even states in the Rebirth that Vector sigma is "The computer that gave us all life" Maybe the tfs used it to make more tfs after the quints left cybetron.

Marvel Comics G1 and Beast wars and the Cybertron universe want us to believe the tfs have a god who made them.

Alpha trion ages because he is one of the original 13 tfs ever built, he is more then meets the eye

STL
27th February 2008, 12:45 AM
[1] Yeap. It was revealed in the second G1 series IIRC. Apparently there were a few screw ups along the way and Shockwave didn't perfect it until he developed Sixshot.

From the DW MTME book (I'm reading it just now): it suggests that TFs have trouble coming to terms with the triple changing ability and that it takes a certain mindset (hence a special personality) to become a triple changer. One of the other facts I didn't know is that triple changers change between modes faster than normal transformers.

I find it really interesting how it suggests that inability to accept three modes can cause mental instability of some kind. That might explain why Blitzwing was depicted in the first WW series as being in 3 modes but in jail and unstable in WW: the Dark Ages. The issue of relapsing into a mental problem would be a first for TFs. Also the books says Springer in fact was the first Cybertronian to be problem free of the process.

[2] I don't think there was in Headmasters. He just appeared out of nowhere and became a force to be reckoned with. No origin. IDW don't have one for him either. He's just a powerhouse. Marvel comics didn't even feature him IIRC. DW offered the most information on his origin imo b/c it suggests he evolved from Shockwave's duocon technology.

[3] For IDW, as you said.

At DW, it was part of the escalation in the arms race. Megatron authorised the Constructicons to find a way to develop a process to combine 5 robots. They tested it on themselves and suffered. The technology was always unstable according to DW continuity and very hard to perfect. Even the later Autobot gestalts had trouble.

[4] ?

[5] Alpha Trion is well, Alpha Trion. Kup does technically age too b/c he gets more wrinkles as some artists have been inclined to stress. I can't explain why though.

benben2142
27th February 2008, 08:51 AM
Most likely some sort of Australia Post abbreviation, benben.

At this stage, I recommend waiting a day or two, your stuff is likely at the Arundel Mail Centre, waiting for dispatch to your house.

How do you know Arundel? Also my package arrived yesterday at 1:06 pm the card was left at my home.

liegeprime
27th February 2008, 08:55 AM
Okay i've been using reprolabel stickers for newer rubsigns on some of my TFs whose rubsigns are either damaged or there's none at all (prev owner must've removed it). I've been using my source books to find where they usually are stuck, but I have encountered a few which don't show where they should be. I don't want to just stick them anywhere in the bot which would make it look more unauthentic in the first place. Usually I find that there is this square spot that is in the mold as an added guide of the bot but others don't. Just a little help then guys, where should the rubsigns go for these bots?

1. Sludge
2. Quickswitch
3. Jetfire
4. Sky Lynx
5. Dreadwind
6. Darkwing
7. Landfill
8. Scoop
9. Slapdash
10. Crankcase
11. Windsweeper
12. Dogfight
13. Backstreet
14. Override
15. Camshaft
16. Downshift
17. Overdrive
18. Grimlock
19. Firecons
20. sparkabots

Also another query is that do all Pretenders have no rubsigns at all? All my pretenders seem to have none..:confused:

Thanks!

Paulbot
27th February 2008, 09:38 AM
Liegeprime... Of the top of my head I've got a strong feeling that none of the new 1988 toys had the rub signs. I'm certain the Pretenders didn't. That would rule out most of your list. Also if I recall correctly Sludge's should be on one of his wings.

Sam....

[3] In the G1 comics Shockwave invented the combiner technology and built the Constructicons. The Autobots had to steal the process to build Superion.

[4] Again depends on what you're watching/reading. This resource summaries the most common ways
http://www.tfrid.com/fanfics/mini/reproduc.htm

One of the other facts I didn't know is that triple changers change between modes faster than normal transformers.

As I said to you yesterday STL you need to read the Tech Specs :)
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/tf/specs/g1-bot.txt
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/tf/specs/g1-con.txt

Astrotrain's tells us: "As a Triple Changer, can switch from space shuttle to train to robot almost instantaneously."

kup
27th February 2008, 10:41 AM
I like the 'comics method' the best. In the cartoon it was a little inconsistant and opened to retroactive interpretation (EG: Did Prime use the Matrix 'off camera' to give life to the Dinobots?).

The comics method makes more sense and I like the balance of Fantasy and Sci Fi that they have:

From the comic book:

"Big Papa" method:

The holder of the Creation Matrix (who is usually the Autobot Leader) can use said Matrix to create a new Transformer mind. The body of this new life must be built independently, however. As seen with the Constructicons and Jetfire.

"Budding" method:

Any Transformer may create another, by tapping into a program built into all Transformers by Primus. Similar to a hydra budding its offspring, a new body will form somewhere on the the old one, quickly gaining sentience, and springing from the old body within (presumably) 15 minutes or so. These bodies are fairly generic, probably because the program is the same for every Transformer. After the new body has separated from the parent, Primus will imprint his designs on the new body, giving it a mind, a body form, and an alternate mode. As seen with Lord Jhiaxus.

"Bigger Papa" method:

Primus, a defender of order and the sentient core of Cybertron, can create a new Transformer from the body of the planet. This process is identical to the 'budding' process. As seen with an unknown Transformer in Generation 2 #5.

(Note: Methods 7 and 8 are no longer possible, due to the death of Primus.)

It is possible that the "Budding" method is used in the Maximal era of the G1 continuity. The protoforms seen in Beast Wars fit the 'offspring's' description accurately:
These bodies are fairly generic, probably because the program is the same for every Transformer. This also explains why the Maximals and Predacons have a 'lineage' that goes back to G1 Autobots and Decepticons and why Arcee is Rattrap's great aunty as well as Blackarachnia not wanting to allow BW Megatron to kill G1 Optimus Prime (chaging the time line) as she was a Maximal Protoform and therefore descended from Autobots. The part of "same programming for every Trasformer" may also explain why some recently former protoforms happen to choose sides despite the faction that they are originally descended from such as Silverbolt and Quickstrike who were not affected by Megatron's Shell program but each chose the faction they wanted to join on their own.

The above may be possible as the Beast Wars cartoon borrowed heavily from both the comics (G1&G2) and the cartoon. The writers also appear to have chosen the Comic origin as the past for Beast Wars too since Primus is part of their history and believes.
________
Desoto Diplomat (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/DeSoto_Diplomat)

liegeprime
27th February 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Paulbot! Then that simplifies things for me. I can stick em anywhere in the bot (well the ones that doesnt have rubsigns in th efirst place) now. i've found some parts of em that will look nicely with a bit of a rubsign on top :D:D.
Cheers!

Paulbot
27th February 2008, 04:28 PM
Hmm I was hoping someone else would back me up on my memory since I don't have access to my toys or reference materials at the moment.... but I think it's safe to say if there's no obvious groove for the sticker they probably didn't have one.

kup
27th February 2008, 04:42 PM
I am waiting to get home so that I can have a look at toys such as Grimlock and check where the rub signs are.
________
Voyeur sex (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/43/voyeur/videos/1)

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2008, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards?
Yup.

[1] Origin of triple changing ability. I read that they were a result of Shockwave's experiments (I think this was from the DW comics).

Any other information anyone can shed on this?
It was never explained in G1.

[2] Origin of Sixshot ?
Ditto.

[3] Origin of combiner technology. According to the IDW Spotlight: Optimus Prime, it stated that Jihaxus introduced this via an experiment that resulted in Monstructor.

I am interested in finding out if there are any other origin stories.
The G1 origin is veeeeeeeeeeeeeery confusing. Megatron built the Constructicons on Earth with the ability to combine into Devastator. Then it was revealed that the Constructicons were former allies of the Autobots on Cybertron until they were reprogrammed by Megatron and rebuilt with the ability to merge into Devastator. Then it was revealed that the Constructicons created Megatron. Yeah. :p

[4] How Transformers are created / made. Primus? Vector Sigma? Matrix? Some combination of all three?
As kup said, the cartoon was inconsistent... technically the Transformers were meant to be given life by Vector Sigma (which has been retconned as a "physical embodiment of Primus" - in Beast Wars Neo Vector Sigma referred to itself as the God of Transformers) but there are noteable exceptions to it - such as the Constructicons and Dinobots, created on Earth and given life by no apparent means whatsoever.

In the comics, the Transformers were originally created and given life by their God Primus. At first they were able to reproduce on their own via a process similar to mitotic budding, but this ability was lost. Afterward Transformers were given life via the Creation Matrix, which contains a portion of Primus' life essence. Transformers like the Constructicons could also be given life with residual energies from the Matrix (extracted from Optimus Prime's head). In Beast Wars/Beast Machines the Matrix was defined as an alternate reality ("afterlife") where Transformer Sparks originated from and were destined to return to upon death - also known as the AllSpark it's similar to the idea of the cosmic mother node in Vedic religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

And of course, in the movie and Animated we have the AllSpark Cube/key. :)

[5] Why does Alpha Trion seem to "age", whereas some other characters do not (well at least they don't seem to grow beards)?
TF beards make no freakin' sense whatsoever... I don't get it either.
Emirate Xaaron is a better example of an aged Transformer - no beard, but being incredibly old he's too frail to transform.

liegeprime: Transformers in G1 and G2 from 1988 onwards didn't have rub signs.

dirge
27th February 2008, 06:43 PM
How do you know Arundel?

I don't. I just ran your postcode through a database available from Australia Post :)

Also my package arrived yesterday at 1:06 pm the card was left at my home.

Cool. I hope this means HLJ get to live :D

roller
27th February 2008, 07:54 PM
the closest g1 cartoon came to the orgigns of triple changers was in a toy ad

"Megatron has created trilpe changers"

autobreadticon
27th February 2008, 08:18 PM
Can someone please explain what the difference of KO cassette and the original.

And please tell me if they were reissued....

kup
27th February 2008, 08:24 PM
I hope this helps:

1. Sludge - lower back of the Apatosaurus neck
2. Quickswitch - I believe there is none
3. Jetfire - On top of the head
4. Sky Lynx - right on the front top of the segment right behind the cockpit (back neck plate in dino mode)
5. Dreadwind - I believe there is none
6. Darkwing - I believe there is none
7. Landfill- I believe there is none
8. Scoop - I believe there is none
9. Slapdash - I believe there is none
10. Crankcase - I believe there is none
11. Windsweeper - I believe there is none
12. Dogfight - I believe there is none
13. Backstreet - I believe there is none
14. Override - I believe there is none
15. Camshaft - I believe there is none but unsure
16. Downshift - I believe there is none but unsure
17. Overdrive - I believe there is none but unsure
18. Grimlock - Smooth area on side of left foot (on its side in robot mode, upright in T-Rex mode)
19. Firecons - I believe there is none
20. sparkabots - I believe there is none
________
Javelin (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_Javelin)

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2008, 10:22 PM
I concur with kup's rub sign locations :) btw, Sludge is a Brontosaurus, not an Apatosaurus - yes yes, I know that there's no such thing as a Brontosaurus, but they didn't know that back then. :P So technically the cartoon origin makes more sense than the comic origin as far as Sludge is concerned really. ;)

And please tell me if they were reissued....
The only cassettes to have been reissued so far have been:
+ Laserbeak
+ Buzzsaw
+ Ravage
+ Steeljaw
...for some weird reason, they've reused the Eject/Rewind mould twice (for Flipsides and Rosanna) but they've never reissued Eject or Rewind! Double-u-tee-eff?! We know they have the mould, why don't they reissue them?! (O_o)

Cool. I hope this means HLJ get to live
roffle-lawlz! :D

liegeprime
27th February 2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys, began looking at these specific areas of the figures now, kup, and yeah apparently on Sludge that may be the reason Im not seeing any rubsigns in any of the sourcebooks, its coz they're not taking shots of the fig at that angle :).

What strikes me odd though is that crankcase and windsweeper doesnt have a rubsign but Ruckus ( whose of the same subgroup) does? talk about Hasbro cheapening on us with stickies ;D. Anyway as I said this makes my job easier, as I can now stick them rubsigns anywhere I deem looks nice heheheh. Cheers!

STL
28th February 2008, 12:55 AM
Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards? The reason I ask is b/c I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying a certain figure loose or should i chase down the MISB one.

Anyone? :o

griffin
28th February 2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by STL
Hey guys, did the Galaxy Force toys come with little collector cards?

Yup.

:)

STL
28th February 2008, 03:38 AM
:)

:o

benben2142
28th February 2008, 10:51 PM
Hey guys just wondering for encore ironhide, how do you guys know that the cardboard face is suppose to go on the chair, does it even say on the box flap can someone let me know, Goktimus do you know what the japanese writing says on the flap,translation! Because I would like to be certain.

benben2142
1st March 2008, 01:09 AM
Hey guys can someone please tell me what reprolabels e-mail is because I would like to ask the a few questions.

griffin
1st March 2008, 03:14 AM
Go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) and search for 'reprolabels'. It will be the first one on the list of results. From there, go to their main page and click on their requests link. Take a few moments to do a search before posting here and you won't have people getting upset over questions you can easily answer yourself.

Gutsman Heavy
2nd March 2008, 01:31 PM
We all know that:
Autobots=Red emblem
Decepticons=Purple emblem

but what about Maximals and Predacons?
I've seen red and green for the Maximal emblem.
Purple, yellow and blue for the Preds emblem.

What is the offical colouring of the emblems?

griffin
2nd March 2008, 09:37 PM
Very interesting Q. I've never noticed different colours, but will have a look. If it is in the comics or cartoon, it is probably just artist error on a detail that isn't as universally known like gen1 allegiance symbol colours.
Originally, the packaging had green for Maximal and purple for Predacon. The toys themselves had no allegiance symbols painted or stickers on them until 2nd year, and those were rubsigns. When the toys had somethng coloured on them, it was on the Transmetal 2s around 97-98, and they were Spark Crystals (coloured sphere with allegiance symbol inside). And the Spark Crystals seemed to follow the colours of the packaging - green for Maximal, purple for Predacon. There was one exception - Tigahawk had a gold Maximal symbol painted on the chest, but could be just to represent the regal 'emissary' status of the character.
The Japanese though stuck to the original red 'good guys' and purple 'bad guys' colouring of allegiance symbols during their beast era - which isn't too surprising since they appeared to continue calling them Cybertrons and Destrons/Destrongers (their Gen1 allegiances).
Beast Machines got a bit undisiplined, with the Maximal Spark Crystals being done in at least 2 colours - green and orange.
And to add to the confusion, the Anniversary Beast Wars figures had painted on them red Maximal symbols and purple Predacon symbols.

'Officially', I would say green for Maximal, purple for Predacon, but eventually red became just as 'official' for Maximal.

Was there anywhere in particular you saw the yellow and blue Predacon symbols?

Gutsman Heavy
2nd March 2008, 10:25 PM
I think it was RID that had a blue pred symbol, maybe. As for the yellow pred, I remember seeing it in the BW show, as map markers for preds (3D holo-map thingos)

GoktimusPrime
2nd March 2008, 10:35 PM
Car Robot/RiD had purple Predacon insignias (Spark Crystals). The Combaticons had black insignias - which of course were inverted late G1/G2 Autobot insignias, which I think is totally wicked as it eludes to the fact that the Combaticons are corrupted Autobot protoforms with equally corrupted insignias which also serve as direct insults to the Autobots (as an inverted crucifix is arguably perceived as offensive to some Christians(depending on the context)). The RiD Decepticons' insignias were purple (stickers).

STL
3rd March 2008, 10:04 AM
Do transformers age? I mean in the sense that once their spark is given birth to do they start in a smaller form and grow bigger or are they from day 1 in the cybertronian form that they're given?

And that brings me to the 2nd question of can transformers body build, workout? An upgrade is explainable but it doesn't show any sense of personal endeavour. So I'm wondering if there have been instances of Transformers improving themselves purely by working out and getting themselves beefier?

Paulbot
3rd March 2008, 12:23 PM
Not really simple questions there STL!

I think you'll find most Transformers are shown to increase size through modifications/upgrades rather than age or exercise. Most depictions of newborn Transformers (via any of the methods) show them starting out "full size", except in fanfic where babies and kids Transformers can be found.