PDA

View Full Version : Club Heatwave figure and it's comic.

griffin
12th March 2009, 11:43 PM
At the Transformers Club website, is a mini-comic covering the introduction of the fifth membership toy, Heatwave. The followup (text) story will only be available on their website for members.

http://www.transformersclub.com/

With only 5 days left before the deadline arrives to receive this years FREE deluxe membership figure, we are pleased to present "The Desert Heat" featuring Heatwave! While Megatron and the Heroic Decepticons continue their fight against the tyranny of Optimus Prime on the Shattered Cybertron, a group of Decepticons led by Starscream take off in pursuit of Rodimus and his crew of twisted Autobots!

"The Desert Heat" is the comic prologue to our next Prose story, "Eye in the Sky," which will debut in early April. Available only to Club Members, this exciting new adventure will follow Heatwave, Starscream, Soundwave and other Decepticons as they try to stop Rodimus, though he and the Autobots may not be the only thing they have to worry about! The Shattered Universe comic story will continue as well in the pages of the Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine!

The images can also be found here if you wanted an easier source to save them.
http://tformers.com/transformers-transformers-club-announces-all-new-comic-prologue-starring-heatwave/11159/news.html

And is that a potential future Club exclusive, with Soundwave looking to be a redeco of Ironhide?

Paulbot
13th March 2009, 09:05 AM
I thought it was that disused Classics Soundwave design, but maybe it was Ironhide, I need to have a second look.

Edit: Yep it's Ironhide not Classics Soundwave (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Classics_Soundwave.jpg)

1orion2many
13th March 2009, 09:13 AM
:)It's Energon Barricade, I quite like this one:eek::o.

Kyle
13th March 2009, 09:50 AM
I've been perfectly happy to use the Music Label one as a Classic/Henkei Soundwave. The Ironhide body seems like an odd choice but I guess the window on chest can kind of work and it is similar to that earlier design mentioned. But as this will likely be another Club exclusive I think I'll continue to group the Music Label one with my Henkei. :p

dirge
13th March 2009, 10:33 AM
I'd like to get this one, but with the $$ so high and the Collector club rorting for international postage, I've still to get the last one. Maybe one day I can finish the gestalt (:

Thanatos
13th March 2009, 01:07 PM
I thought Heatwave was getting a new head? or is it a new "combiner head" that's happening?

griffin
13th March 2009, 02:31 PM
The combiner head is new. They did originally promise us all new heads after the first toy, because they didn't have time to do one for Skyfall, but that soon changed to just the one new head.

Dirge, if it is released before BotCon, I can get it and the last one. When the time approaches, just give me your list of what you want.

dirge
13th March 2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks griffin, I may take you up on that one. Will call you (:

Zippo
13th March 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm a sucker and re-joined after finding a USA fan that I had had dealings with who would accept my newsletters.

Stompy
13th March 2009, 07:17 PM
Wow! Very nice colours. I wouldn't mind that combiner set.

lcz128
14th March 2009, 03:53 PM
Heh - Paulbot called the Soundwave before this got released ;b

griffin
19th March 2009, 06:03 PM
Good news from the Collector Club. As long as they don't have any delays, the Heatwave toy should begin to be shipped out to people by the end of April, early May. Which means it should be available at BotCon for those wanting it, or any of the other membership toys that are still available.

Tiby
27th August 2009, 09:31 AM
Has everyone who is a member of the club received this toy? It's now the end of August and I am still waiting :( The club has been, of course, as unhelpful as usual.

Paulbot
27th August 2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, sorry to say but I got Heatwave on 3 July (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=110839#post110839). Your's must have got lost along the way :(

iceburn
27th August 2009, 11:06 AM
tiby, i've gotten mine too...

Kyle
27th August 2009, 11:12 AM
Did they at least reply you Tiby? :(

kup
27th August 2009, 11:24 AM
Any more news on that Classics Punch/Counterpunch toy?

iceburn
27th August 2009, 12:29 PM
Any more news on that Classics Punch/Counterpunch toy?

it should STILL be coming.... most likely year end or next year?

Bartrim
27th August 2009, 12:47 PM
it should STILL be coming.... most likely year end or next year?

Good. That means time to save:D

reillyd
27th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Holy Crap! Heatwave just killed a squirrel!

I have the toy, and club membership, so I don't know how I managed to miss that comic.

Now all I have to do is dig through four years of boxes to try and find all five figures and assemble them. Does anyone have photos of the combined toy ?