PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Transwarp Reviews

jaydisc
15th March 2009, 08:17 AM
My Uncle Torrent is still on his way, but YouTube has helped out in the meantime, although only part 1-5 are released thus far. Assuming the show aired for 1.5 hours, that would mean 66 minutes of content so there should be at least one more part.

All I have to say is that so far..... it's FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

It even has casualties!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Perceptor Endorses OTCA! (http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/Perceptor.mp3)

autobreadticon
15th March 2009, 09:15 AM
Sweet, got congee in hand and watching it now...

Awesome notes

#Cybertron Ultra Magnus

What looks to be
#Cybertron Kup
#Cybertron Windcharger
#Unknown Autobot

loved how Omega Surpreme dialogue is three words at a time, and how Perceptor reminds me of Steven Hawkings

kudos, great story and visual exciting, didn't find the episodes boring which was the most important criteria

MV75
15th March 2009, 10:06 AM
Man this episode had everything. Metroplex, sharkticons (spittor reminded me of them), cosmic rust, even rocklords. :D

Blurr running back to cybertron was funny. Pity he got cubed.

*omega warps to cybertron*
"Yes"!
*omega warps out*
"No!"
*omega warps again*
"no"

:D

Paulbot
15th March 2009, 10:18 AM
EDIT: Perceptor Endorses OTCA! (http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/Perceptor.mp3)

Aww... For a moment I thought it might be a "Code ATT override" type shout out.

Sky Shadow
15th March 2009, 11:02 AM
#Cybertron Kup
#Cybertron Windcharger

1. I'm watching it now and I think you may have been looking at Highbrow and Mainframe - not Kup and Windcharger. But maybe they're in it later.

2. Ha. Perceptor is Stephen Hawking.

3. This is awesome.

Sky Shadow
15th March 2009, 11:57 AM
Wow - that was great. One of the best Transformers season openers ever.

I love it that Megatron still doesn't know Optimus's name (unlike other Megatrons, he's never said Prime's name once in the entire series. I presume he may finally acknowledge Optimus by name for the first time in the final episode.)

So is Episode Two on this time next week?

SMHFConvoy
15th March 2009, 12:08 PM
So awesome and so sad too...

Golden Phoenix
15th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Blurr running back to cybertron was funny. Pity he got cubed.
Is he dead? I think he would be, but it is a little disappointing. Not exactly the best death.....And I liked him. I just hope he comes back

Mind you. If you hated the character it would have been enjoyable

MV75
15th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Yes he's dead.

What do you think that blue cube was that longarm handed over to cliffjumper was?

And yes, it was a shame, in this episode he was blurr. I never got the blurr vibe from him in the earlier seasons.

Golden Phoenix
15th March 2009, 01:12 PM
Yes he's dead.

What do you think that blue cube was that longarm handed over to cliffjumper was?

I was thinking dead dead. Like Gwen Stacy dead. As opposed to Optimus Prime dead

Kyle
15th March 2009, 02:35 PM
I enjoyed this season opener very much! I hope they'll find some way to bring back both Blurr and Omega Supreme. I can't help but wonder though why both Ratchet and Omega Supreme (being so important to the war in flashbacks) were assigned to the bridge repair team. :p

Sky Shadow
15th March 2009, 03:21 PM
I can't help but wonder though why both Ratchet and Omega Supreme (being so important to the war in flashbacks) were assigned to the bridge repair team. :p

Because the Autobots have a crappy pension plan for war veterans. :)

griffin
15th March 2009, 03:33 PM
I won't post this in the news section, because it is technically copyright infringement, but since it is looking less likely that Animated will be released here in full on DVD, and you need to at least have something officially released here for a pirated copy to affect its sales (kinda like how us older fans used to trade VHS episodes before they were officially released on DVD). And at least these youtube copies are pretty crappy, so people like me will still need/want to watch this on a proper TV screen (either when it airs here, or when the DVD is released in America).

These are the youtube links by the same person who put up the first 29 episodes.
There are 7 parts, covering the first 3 episode-opener of the 3rd season. (gee, only 10 episodes left, probably ever too...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQP7HHOjNe8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Y6-ZoBwqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJorufdIjKI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfVuTUwlkS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsmoFB6-0_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiaFLPvyqLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWtT16abZo

Tober
15th March 2009, 04:15 PM
Who was the autobot fembot who got slageged at the start?

Great episode but a pity that the new characters seen at the beginning were little more than comeos.

Poor Omega :(

griffin
15th March 2009, 04:55 PM
That fembot is Red Alert. She is in Rodimus' team, and they should appear more in this season, along with Strika's team. They were both featured in the 24th issue of the Club's magazine if you have 'access' to a copy.

At least Omega isn't dead, just back in the state he was for the first 28 episodes. Pity about Blurr though. Hope that isn't the last we see of him.
The new 10 characters at the start were interesting, but I fear that we won't get too much character development on each, as the focus remains on the Earth team. I would have liked to see more of those two new teams.

The Sari upgrade was a bit weird. I wonder if they will reveal where the protoform came from.
And it looks like Megatron and Starscream's head are still out in the galaxy somewhere, allowing for more non-Decepticon-focused episodes while the army waits for their leader's return before doing anything.
Still bummed about there only being a handful of episodes before a 2 or 3 part finale, which may be the last we ever get. Sure, it hasn't been my favourite TFs cartoon, but it is still entertaining to watch, at at least means we get some sort of TFs goodliness on TV. :)

loophole
15th March 2009, 05:07 PM
that was awesome, i just wish that they would do an Omega Supreme toy even more so now

MV75
15th March 2009, 05:46 PM
Yea, omega is fine, it's just that starscream is in control. Interesting to know how omega came to be and his tie to ratchet.

The sari protoform/organics thing seems a throw to beastwars.

At least all they have to do now is trick the decepticons to all gather in one place, re-wire sari into beserk mode and drop her into them all. War = over. :)

Don't worry Griffin, after the movie, I think they might do an Animated V2.

Also, I wonder if starscreams body ended up near wreckgar or soundwave.....

Golden Phoenix
15th March 2009, 06:02 PM
Also, I wonder if starscreams body ended up near wreckgar or soundwave.....

I was thinking Wreckgar when the body went into the water. Hopefully this is the lead for that episode

SilverDragon
15th March 2009, 07:05 PM
That was AWESOME! I'm really excited for the rest of Season 3 now!

Kyle
15th March 2009, 07:28 PM
Because the Autobots have a crappy pension plan for war veterans. :)

:p

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2009, 07:54 PM
Wow... that was awesome! A thoroughly enjoyable episode - no real gripes other than the reappearance of the Headmaster (Animated human villains are just so _lame_). I hope the rest of Season 3 will be just as good. :)

Tober
15th March 2009, 08:34 PM
That fembot is Red Alert. She is in Rodimus' team, and they should appear more in this season, along with Strika's team. They were both featured in the 24th issue of the Club's magazine if you have 'access' to a copy.

Red Alert? Wow, thanks.

At least all they have to do now is trick the decepticons to all gather in one place, re-wire sari into beserk mode and drop her into them all. War = over. :)

Reminds me of River from Serenity/Firefly

Hmmm...

.... I DEMAND a TFA Movie!

loophole
15th March 2009, 08:50 PM
.... I DEMAND a TFA Movie!

+1 that would be so WICKEDLY AWESOME and then everyone could forget about it and move on to the next thing :p

i_amtrunks
16th March 2009, 08:52 AM
First thing I did when I woke up yesterday was watch it. Watched it twice more yesterday (great way to recover from a 10 hour concert!).

What a spectacular season opener, it took off right where the Season two premiere finished, and ties in plenty of other moments from the series, as well as setting up for more to come.

Loved that Rodimus and his team had their servo's handed to them, OilSlick's debut was great, Blackout looks interesting, and I do hope we see more of this Decepticon team later on. Wonder if red Alert is alive, Spittor's attack seemed to do some real damage, and I loved the 6-8 solar cycles line she gave Hot Shot.

Headmaster was a nice opening villain for the three parter, he was never a real threat, Prime again showed his quick thinking, and Starscreams body landing where it did (POSSIBLE SPOILER) has to be setting up for the return of Wreck-Gar.

Sari being the main "villain" of the second part was a nice twist, her draining the key of it's power has already left it's mark, in Ratchet showcasing his expertise, I think he will be needed more and more as the season progresses (at least I hope) and I thought the flashbacks were great. Bumblebee may have the most screentime, but Ratchet is easily the most fleshed out character on the show.

The Megatron-Starscream show just keeps getting better, I kind of want to take the head off my Voyager figure and have Megatron hold it aloft as a source of power, just because of this episode. Megatron's manipulation of Omega was sublime, and the contrast of Starscream taking control through treachery and brute force was character perfect.

Was nice to see Ironhide, Brawn, Wheeljack and Perceptor, even if Perceptor was the only one to get more than half a line, the first time a round I didn't catch all Perceptor said, but got it easily enough on later viewings.

Magnus can handle it in Animated, he can do whatever is needed for the Autobots to be victorious. Highbrow was interesting, but as many thought, Mainframe remains an Actionmaster.

Still cannot believe what happened to Blurr, that makes him the first real death in the series. Shockwave is losing control, and it looks like he cannot handle not being in control.

Won't go into detail on Sari, liked the origin story for her, certainly better than the "robotic child built from Megatron" origin I was expecting, the whole "upgrades equals puberty" idea was decent, and handled better than the "upgrades equals drugs" story from earlier in the series.

Funnily enough I didnt even notice the lack of Dinobots (who I thought may have been used as a distraction when the Autobots were fleeing from Omega-Megatron) or even Blitzwing and Lugnut until I tried to remember who they left out.

Spongescream was again the source of all the best lines, but I think the voice acting in general was terrific, the diversification of the cast is brilliant.

Bring on the Clones, Wasp and the Predaocns in the next month or so!

kup
16th March 2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah it was an impressive episode. I hope it keeps this up during the rest of the season.

Gutsman Heavy
16th March 2009, 12:58 PM
Looooooooved it.

Paulbot
16th March 2009, 01:15 PM
I'm going to go against the trend. I liked seeing Animated back on, but I didn't love these episodes. The 6 hour wait was very annoying so maybe I was in the wrong mood to start with. Maybe it's just the poor outlook for the show & toyline that makes it's a little hard to get very enthusiastic about something that's already dying. There was after all nothing particular bad about this. I just can't say I loved them.

Professor Sumdac had never been to the Autobot's secret base before? Really? I never noticed that.

I liked how Sari's voice has changed as well to accompany her growing up. She's kind of a Beast Wars protoform using DNA from Sumdac to take on an organic outershell. But surely this can only lead to some sort of circular thing later in the series? I actually find teenage-cyborg Sari much more annoying than young human Sari.

I loved that Metroplex's design was actually used to look like a large Autobot city. (Although that ramp out the front is still too big!)

Did Mainframe do anything or just stand there? I guess Action Masters do just stand there...? ;)

Rodimus and Strika's teams were cool in their brief appearances.

Megatron's use of Omega was excellent. When Omega had his big appearance in the last finale and got ported away I thought that was the last we'd see of him for a while so having his presence be a major factor in these episodes was good. I forget but didn't Ratchet wake him up in the finale though to be a WMD? Bit late to just be remembering how guilty he felt about it originally now isn't it? Although I like that particular aspect of the story a lot (but means I probably wont finish that TF Mosaic I had started which was exactly about this...)

And why does everyone think Blurr is dead rather than just squashed up? Who's to say Blurr didn't pick one an AllSpark fragment while he was on earth? Or maybe all he needs is Sari's key?

Seeing Blurr with Roadrunner legs was my highlight! Long live Blurr! :D

sifun
16th March 2009, 01:59 PM
I didn't like Perceptor's voice. Doesn't suit the look of the character.
Wish wheeljack and cyclonus had some lines.

Zahhak
16th March 2009, 03:36 PM
Anyone else notice the refrence to season 3 intro of G1, (where blurr and wheelie are shown driving around the rings of some planet.)
Also Oil slicks voice was cool but diffrent to what I expected, I hope he plays a bigger role later.
Also dosn't the whole protoform thing remind anyone of "budding" from the marvel comics.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Budding#Budding
could just be me...but that would kinda make megatron her...nevermind

Ode to a Grasshopper
16th March 2009, 05:52 PM
Wow...That was pretty intense.

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2009, 06:25 PM
Red Alert? Wow, thanks.
Red Alert also appears in the comic book that comes with Safeguard. :)

Rodimus and Strika's teams were cool in their brief appearances.
Indeed! I thought Strika's voice sounded spot on. Either that's Patricia Drake or another actor who's done a really good imitation (right down to the accent). I also enjoyed seeing Spittor and Blackout whose power lives up to his name! :) Bring on more post-G1 homages!! :D

Megatron's use of Omega was excellent.
Indeed. His control over Omega Supreme reminded me of Beast Machines when Megatron ressurected himself with that Optimal Optimus body. And Starscream's reign over Omega Supreme was quite reminiscent of G2! :) Omega's internal defence claws reminded me of Unicron's internal defence system in TFTM.

I didn't like Perceptor's voice. Doesn't suit the look of the character.
I agree. I also felt like a simultaneous tribute and insult to Dr. Hawking. From a TF fiction POV it makes no sense to me... here's an Autobot scientist who can build Omega Supreme - the Autobots' ultimate weapon... yet he can't build himself a proper speech module??

Anyone else notice the refrence to season 3 intro of G1, (where blurr and wheelie are shown driving around the rings of some planet.)
Yes - I picked up the tribute right away, but it felt really silly to me. There's no way he could run like that in a zero-gravity environment. In an opening theme sequence you could suspend disbelief because there's all kinds of visually surreal/abstract things happening... but as part of the actual story... yeah no. Also, when Bumblebee used his battle-grade electro-stingers underwater, why didn't he also electrocute himself?

Also Oil slicks voice was cool but diffrent to what I expected, I hope he plays a bigger role later.
It was cooler than I expected. :)

Also dosn't the whole protoform thing remind anyone of "budding" from the marvel comics.
Not really. Tbh it just reminded me of the protoforms in Beast Wars, only that the protoform is way cuter and baby-like in Animated. The G2 "budding-out" TFs remind me more of Matrix-Supergirl in her protoplasmic state (like, eewww :p)

I'm also glad that Bulkhead isn't reverting back to being a simpleton/oaf now that they've established that he's more than just a mindless fool.

Robzy
16th March 2009, 09:09 PM
Great episode(s)... can't wait to see more!

Stompy
16th March 2009, 09:36 PM
I like the direction Sari is heading to. She's always been the "spark" of the show and I think the finale will end with her being the key figure. Maybe two fathers?? Sumdac & Megatron?? Just my guesses.

Sad to see Blurr cubed and was awesome to see him running thru the rings of Saturn.

Like many, I too would want to see mroe of the Cybertron team. If only to get a full toyline off them. Perhaps they may make a spin-off cartoon off that team? Here's hoping.

Robzy
16th March 2009, 10:35 PM
The Megatron-Starscream show just keeps getting better, I kind of want to take the head off my Voyager figure and have Megatron hold it aloft as a source of power, just because of this episode.
Already there... ;)

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1107/animated3.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2485/animated.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5153/animated2.jpg

evilman378
16th March 2009, 10:45 PM
Sari's hair when she has her mask on reminds me of some show on TV a few years back called My Life As A Teenage Robot. It was a lame show.

Anyways, Rodimus looked pretty awesome.

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th March 2009, 10:00 AM
Great episode, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, joined on very nicely from a Bridge too close. I thought that Blackout was a decep equivalent of Omega, SpoilersHis bio in the TFCC Mag said that he took down a number of Omega sentinels, but he is the same size as Strika. Perhaps a he just packs a REALLY big stick.;)

Nice to see more personality from Ratchet. Definatley my Fave character in animated! Slowly, we are learning why he is a grumpy old bugger. Man, he has had to make some tough choices in his life.

So awesome and so sad too...
Yeh, I thought Blurr hit quite a grisly death. Wasn't expecting it to be so intense to be honest and had to pause as I set there in shock for a bit... I mean crushed, and they had a nice close up of his face as it happend. Disturbing. Hopefully Cliffjumper bungs him in a regen firld or something, or he picked up some tricks from BW Waspinator:p.

I enjoyed this season opener very much! I hope they'll find some way to bring back both Blurr and Omega Supreme. I can't help but wonder though why both Ratchet and Omega Supreme (being so important to the war in flashbacks) were assigned to the bridge repair team. :p
I was wondering that too, and why Prowl dropped out of Ninja school/ended up on brifge repair crew.

The sari protoform/organics thing seems a throw to beastwars.

MY thoughts were Pretender-ish. That would be nice.

I liked how Sari's voice has changed as well to accompany her growing up. She's kind of a Beast Wars protoform using DNA from Sumdac to take on an organic outershell. But surely this can only lead to some sort of circular thing later in the series? I actually find teenage-cyborg Sari much more annoying than young human Sari.

I liked the voice change too. Mind you I must say I prefer teenage Sari's voice to kiddy one. Less grating on the sensors.:p

I loved that Metroplex's design was actually used to look like a large Autobot city. (Although that ramp out the front is still too big!)

Did Mainframe do anything or just stand there? I guess Action Masters do just stand there...? ;)

I loved the Metroplex they slammed in there! Heres hoping they up the ante of the Omega project and convert Metroplex!! That would be awesome. Maybe Mainframe is a new line, the "In-Actionmasters":D

Overall, excited PLUS PLUS PLUS! Now I want some Human char toys. I need a Transforming allspark, Sari, Headmaster Unit... Come on Hasbro, you know you want too!

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2009, 04:58 PM
Nice to see more personality from Ratchet. Definatley my Fave character in animated! Slowly, we are learning why he is a grumpy old bugger. Man, he has had to make some tough choices in his life.
Indeed. I also enjoyed seeing more exposition into Ultra Magnus too - he's made even tougher choices (as is the burden of his post as Autobot leader). His moral universe is based on utilitarianism whereas Ratchet is more altruistic.

I can't help but wonder though why both Ratchet and Omega Supreme (being so important to the war in flashbacks) were assigned to the bridge repair team.
I was wondering that too, and why Prowl dropped out of Ninja school/ended up on brifge repair crew.
The war was over - the Autobots had considered the Decepticons thoroughly defeated and didn't think that they could really be a threat again. Ratchet had retired from service long ago and Omega Supreme was decommissioned. Prowl never completed his Cyber-Ninja training... makes you think how kick-butt a fully trained cyber-ninja must be (Jazz?).

Overall, excited PLUS PLUS PLUS! Now I want some Human char toys. I need a Transforming allspark, Sari, Headmaster Unit... Come on Hasbro, you know you want too!
YES! Me too! And I want proper action figures, not unarticulated PVC figurines.

SilverDragon
17th March 2009, 05:12 PM
Indeed! I thought Strika's voice sounded spot on. Either that's Patricia Drake or another actor who's done a really good imitation (right down to the accent). I also enjoyed seeing Spittor and Blackout whose power lives up to his name! :) Bring on more post-G1 homages!! :D

According to the TF Wiki, Tara Strong voiced Strika.

I think it says something that one person voices Sari, Strika, and the female Starscream clone and yet makes them all sound very different.

MV75
17th March 2009, 06:22 PM
MY thoughts were Pretender-ish. That would be nice. Nah not really, not like a robot burst out of her and transformed. ;) Unless that is how the next movie is going to redefine what a pretender is, nothing more than a t800. :D

kup
18th March 2009, 11:03 AM
Nah not really, not like a robot burst out of her and transformed. ;) Unless that is how the next movie is going to redefine what a pretender is, nothing more than a t800. :D

Its more Beast Wars than Pretenders but there is a relation.

*SPOILERS*

Looks like Sari is is basically a Season 1 Beast Wars Transformer. She was a protoform who's stasis pod scanned an Animal (humans are animals-literally) and adopted an alt mode closely based on it.

Sari's human alt mode is exactly like a BW beast mode down to the Pretender like skin on top but still fully robot on the inside as it was repeatedly shown during this episode.

That hyperactive 'combat' mode we saw was probably her robot mode.

It seems that Animated has pioneered robots with real human alt modes (not shells).

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th March 2009, 12:23 PM
Its more Beast Wars than Pretenders but there is a relation.

*SPOILERS*

Looks like Sari is is basically a Season 1 Beast Wars Transformer. She was a protoform who's stasis pod scanned an Animal (humans are animals-literally) and adopted an alt mode closely based on it.

Sari's human alt mode is exactly like a BW beast mode down to the Pretender like skin on top but still fully robot on the inside as it was repeatedly shown during this episode.

That hyperactive 'combat' mode we saw was probably her robot mode.

It seems that Animated has pioneered robots with real human alt modes (not shells).

Hmm thats some pretty good thinking thar. I likes:D

Bartrim
18th March 2009, 01:10 PM
I really liked this. Just hope Rodimus' team gets more screen time. I would ofliked more dialouge in that battle too.

i_amtrunks
18th March 2009, 02:16 PM
Potential Spoilers contained in link:

More than Meets the Eye with Blurr (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/)

Paulbot
18th March 2009, 08:08 PM
Potential Spoilers contained in link:

More than Meets the Eye with Blurr (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/)

Blurr is Transformer's Road Runner, those Decepticons never can mow him down. :D

Robzy
18th March 2009, 10:20 PM
Blurr is Transformer's Road Runner, those Decepticons never can mow him down. :DThey may need some ACME products!

Golden Phoenix
18th March 2009, 10:24 PM
They may need some ACME products!

They could probably get them from Swindle

autobreadticon
19th March 2009, 11:28 AM
They could probably get them from Swindle

i hope Swindle comes as a smaller robot, that would explain why hes a deluxe size character....

Sky Shadow
22nd March 2009, 07:56 AM
The new episode - 'Three's A Crowd' is online! Only two more hours of working this morning and I can watch it. :D Oh - Jay's just started a thread about it...

liegeprime
23rd March 2009, 08:12 PM
All I can say after watching the new season , AAAAAAAAAH AAWWWEEESSSOOOOOOMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!

For amoment there when Sari was upgrading it felt like a "sailor moon" transformation hehehehe

griffin
28th March 2009, 08:41 PM
Found out today that Rodimus was apparently voiced by Judd Nelson, who did his voice way back in 1986 with the first animated movie. If true, he joins other Gen1 voice actors (Moschita and Burton) who have been 're-acquired' for this new Animated series, over 20 years after their last Transformers roles.

genechan
30th March 2009, 06:46 PM
Rodimus was awesome - honestly I didn't like him much in the original - but Animated he seemed pretty cool, especially with the bow and arrows - kinda gives off a Apollo feel about him :3

but wtf, I still can;'t get over that they made Red Alert a chic x.x *misses the ever paranoid G1 Red*

edit: just dawned on me, Hot Shot looks like his Armada counterpart :3

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st April 2009, 02:35 AM
Armada Hot Shot was the first Hot rod, to be named Hotshot. To me Armada was always the original Hotshot

optimus1
4th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Finally got the chance to watch all the Transwarp episodes. And am all :D

Got sick of waiting for Ch 10's ultra-edited screenings and decided to go for the You-tube method.

Was satisfied to see all the G1 homages and cameos throughout the multipart episodes (particularly Wheljack, Perceptor and Metroplex! - am now somehow hoping for a Fort Max cameo).

hotaru_oz
5th April 2009, 06:04 PM
I just got around to watching Transwarped and I cannot stand Perceptor's voice.
It's like just used Microsoft Sam, instead of an actual voice actor.