PDA

View Full Version : Five Movie toy character bios.

griffin
17th March 2009, 01:33 PM
Scans of the toy packaging have been posted on tfw2005, of five of the toy characters from TF2.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-character-biographies-167077/

Rampage (Decepticon bulldozer)
Sideways (Decepticon Car)
FAB Sideways
Longhaul (Decepticon dumptruck)
Breakaway (Autobot Jet)
Sideswipe (Autobot Car)

Does anybody even look at the bio numbers anymore? Are they redundant? When Hasbro dropped them during Armada, fans complained, but since about Beast Wars, Hasbro haven't been too consistent with the bio numbers (often contradicting the bio text)... so is it just something we want to see exist, but don't put any stock into?

klystron
17th March 2009, 05:09 PM
Does anybody even look at the bio numbers anymore? Are they redundant? When Hasbro dropped them during Armada, fans complained, but since about Beast Wars, Hasbro haven't been too consistent with the bio numbers (often contradicting the bio text)... so is it just something we want to see exist, but don't put any stock into?

They've been inconsistent since 1984! Just read G1 Skywarp and G1 Starscream bios...
Skywarp: "...not too smart." Intelligence = 9 (Starscream Intel = 7)
Starscream: "..fastest of the flyers" Speed = 9 (Skywarp speed = 10)

IMHO, all TFs should come with a Bio and bio numbers. No argument. No exceptions. Even if I don't strictly "believe" or like the numbers (ie Dinobot intelligence) or they don't match the character in canonical comics/cartoons, I still want them with all my TFs.

Sky Shadow
17th March 2009, 10:35 PM
They've been inconsistent since 1984! Just read G1 Skywarp and G1 Starscream bios...
Skywarp: "...not too smart." Intelligence = 9 (Starscream Intel = 7)
Starscream: "..fastest of the flyers" Speed = 9 (Skywarp speed = 10)

True, although that one was an accident - Hasbro mixed up the Seekers. It was 'right' on Bob Budiansky's original graph paper where he worked out the 1984 toys' Tech Specs:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8774/p70800479vp.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p70800479vp.jpg)

G1 Scorponok's original Tech Specs were printed upside down, resulting in some bizarre statistics for him as well:

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/techspecs/original-era/1987__Scorponok_(1987).jpg

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2009, 09:24 AM
Then there was G2 which started the trend of every Optimus and Megatron having _every_ stat at 10... so a tank, alligator, gorilla, and bat have a speed of 10. Bat Primal has a firepower of 10 despite the fact that his weapons are a pair of swords. Yeah... :p

griffin
19th March 2009, 06:07 PM
Sticking this in here, because it ain't that exciting to warrant a new news topic...

The full names of 4 of the FAB toys have been revealed with pictures of their packaging.
http://www.tformers.com/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-fast-action-battlers-ratchet-jetfire-sideways-long-haul/11195/news.html

Beam Blast Ratchet
Magna Missile Sideways
Photon Missile Jetfire
Devastation Blast Long Haul

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th March 2009, 12:39 AM
I still check the bio Numbers but I really miss having them on the Animated boxes..... For some reason I think they are even more appropriate for animated than say the movie line. The Galactic powers bit just doesn't quite cut it for me.

liegeprime
20th March 2009, 08:50 AM
looking at G1 scorpy's bio does make you wonder.... so He's very big (citywise in fact) but is really fast and that's about it:D.... he's got poor firepower, dumb as, unskilled, low ranking(for someone who became leader for a time), a coward and easily gets damaged, wow talk about errors. someone should've been sacked or whipped. They really don't do proofreading since way back when as part of QC aint it?:p

i_amtrunks
20th March 2009, 09:03 AM
I still check the bio Numbers but I really miss having them on the Animated boxes..... For some reason I think they are even more appropriate for animated than say the movie line. The Galactic powers bit just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Could always make up your own, with the help of a little photoshop could even print a set or three out?

liegeprime
20th March 2009, 09:04 AM
Could always make up your own, with the help of a little photoshop could even print a set or three out?

see i have photoshop but for the love of Primus I dont know how to use it heheheh :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th March 2009, 09:21 AM
see i have photoshop but for the love of Primus I dont know how to use it heheheh :D

Ditto. I had it, but couldnt use it either. One day I might go and make my own bios. hmmmm

klystron
20th March 2009, 10:26 AM
True, although that one was an accident - Hasbro mixed up the Seekers. It was 'right' on Bob Budiansky's original graph paper where he worked out the 1984 toys' Tech Specs:

G1 Scorponok's original Tech Specs were printed upside down, resulting in some bizarre statistics for him as well:

See, thats what I like about this place - you learn cool things!
Thanks. :)