PDA

View Full Version : New Generations book translation of staff interview.

griffin
17th March 2009, 02:11 PM
Posted to tfw2005, is a translation from the new Generations book, of the interview with a trio of TakaraTomy staff who have been involved in the design and develoment of Transformers since the mid 80s.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/general-articles-25/translated-version-of-the-takara-tomy-transformers-henkei--classics-staff-interview-167073/

Some very good info in there, about the origin of Henkei/Classics, comments on some of the released items, and its future.

griffin
17th March 2009, 02:22 PM
This made me laugh:

Yuki: Hasbro does not like an absence of a gimmick. That is why higher priced products include gimmicks such as missiles and sound.
Ejima: This time we presented the beauty of the figures rather than gimmicks. Hasbro said to us that those were fantastic. We answered, "It's because they are without gimmicks".

Not that Hasbro would consider cutting out the gimmicks, because they have their hands tied by Walmart and the general retailers who don't care about the individual product, but what it can do as a 'product line'. Sure, as a line, TFs can transform, but they need to 'keep the line/concept fresh' and the conversion gimmick only works once to retailers/walmart who are looking to buy something 'new'.

Kyle
18th March 2009, 07:59 AM
What a good read!

bruticus
18th March 2009, 06:53 PM
WOW, this has got to be one of the best TF articles i have read in ages....

Walker-tank galvatron hey? i need to go home and try that out later...
Astrotrain was painted white to reflect real space shuttles and appeal to people better...
The Dreaded Crotch tear test....
gimmicks..
ah, it all makes sense now....

Fark, theres so much revelations....Each one deserves an individual thread alone if they havent got one already....

If only it was feasible for Henkeis to have diecast parts like G1, then that would be the absolute icing on the cake for me and im sure for others out there too.......

Zippo
18th March 2009, 07:41 PM
That is a very informative translation,
Thanks to the translater

liegeprime
18th March 2009, 08:16 PM
A wonderfully insightful interview.
I might just have to print this so when I get the book I'll keep the translated article within the pages.

Something that caught my eye though, might send some eyebrows raising among the collectordom hehehe

Yuki: "Please take them out of the box, and play."

Lord_Zed
18th March 2009, 09:27 PM
Yes an excellant read.

But how do you attach Nightstick to Cyclonus arm?

STL
19th March 2009, 02:01 AM
Yes an excellant read.

Via the slot in the right arm. It's a vertical slot that is at the back of Nightstick as opposed to the handle itself.

liegeprime
19th March 2009, 11:11 AM
Yes an excellant read.

When you turn the hands inwards, be it left or right, 180º it reveals a vertical slot which is where you can plug in the corresponding sized tab in Nightsticks butt when you transform him in gun mode. Said slots are the thruster jet exhaust port/boosters in jet mode.