PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated S3 Ep04 "Three's A Crowd" Discussion

jaydisc
22nd March 2009, 08:49 AM
Some old characters return... a new character is introduced.

* Is that the end of the Headmaster unit?
* Is Dirt Boss another constructicon? Will there be 6?
* What's Hasbro doing making Dirt Boss an off-screen MOVIE toy?

I'm envisioning that the seeker clones will eventually get their true names and become Ramjet, Sunstrorm, etc. and become Decepticons under Megatron. If so, that was a great unconventional way to introduce/create the seekers.

NOTE TO MODS: Would you please change the SE04 in the title to s03e04?

SentinelPrime
22nd March 2009, 10:00 AM
That wast he first Animated episode that I was dissapointed in.

Dirtboss is lame! They could of done a better job with a new contructicon than that.

MV75
22nd March 2009, 10:34 AM
Headmaster unit gone? I certainly hope and think so. It's part of dirt boss now, where else could he get his remote control powers from? ;)

Could we see a forming of a 3 bot devastator with dirtboss in control of it?

I really liked the logo for the fossil fuels. Sludge works on another level there too. :)

Speaking of which, I thought that the three constructicons might have wound up dinosaur food.

Sky Shadow
22nd March 2009, 11:30 AM
Clever that a Headmaster unit + Forklift = a Constructicon with mind control. Plus an equally clever double-entendre with the reuse of the name 'Dirt Boss' as a mob boss. Nice appearance of Scavenger-style drill on Scrap.

So... it took the Autobots so long just to fail to get Lugnut out of a hole that newspapers came out in the meantime?

Stompy
22nd March 2009, 12:22 PM
Was a good fun episode. Always is with the Constructicons. Very amusing. Especially now that there's 3 of them. I'm just glad the Headmaster unit is finally rid of and used in a better context.

Just some speculation... perhaps the Constructicons will eventually turn good and Bulkhead be part of the group for combining purposes. He's be perfect as the torso, Dirtboss the head and the other two as legs. Just need two more for arms.

Sky Shadow
22nd March 2009, 12:37 PM
Just some speculation... perhaps the Constructicons will eventually turn good and Bulkhead be part of the group for combining purposes. He's be perfect as the torso, Dirtboss the head and the other two as legs. Just need two more for arms.

I'm not sure they'll add another two Constructicons, but there is that other thread somewhere around here that suggested (SPOILER...) three Decepticons could change sides and join the Autobots. If the three Constructicons have survived this episode then it's possible that it's them.

jaydisc
22nd March 2009, 01:45 PM
That spoiler would be a nice change from the same, regurgitated fokelore we get from line to line. Similar to the seekers.... I love it.

And as far as Bulkhead being a part of it, there is a Bumper Battler repaint coming out called Work Zone Bulkhead, but Bulkhead is an APC.

Kyle
22nd March 2009, 02:44 PM
I thought it was nice the Dinobots made an appearance again. Interesting how the Constructicons landed near them... hmmm...

SilverDragon
22nd March 2009, 06:02 PM
I was pretty annoyed that this episode turned out to be about the Constructicons and not Blitzwing.

There were essentially three things I liked about this episode:

-Dirt Boss being Animated Lagann. He's a face with limbs and controls other robots with drills. There is no way that is not a shout-out to Gurren Lagann.
-The Fossil Fuels logo being an Animated version of Sludge.
-The Dinobots appearing for three seconds.

So yeah, I didn't really like it much. Bring on next week's episode!

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2009, 06:05 PM
So does this mean that we're gonna get toys for the Animated Constructicons then??

I thought that this was a pretty "meh" episode.

That wast he first Animated episode that I was dissapointed in.
I think there have been a lot of worse episodes than this one... at least Professor Princess hasn't resurfaced <touch wood> <covers doorways with garlic cloves> Eeeeeevil!

kup
22nd March 2009, 08:12 PM
It was an 'ok' filler episode. There were some lame bits but nothing killer like Professor Princess or yet another 'Sari and her robot friends' episode.

The origin of Dirtboss was a bit odd since unlike the other 'newly borned' bots who kind of learned as they went, he already had a fully defined personality. However his dynamic was fairly good as he gave more focus to the Constructicons instead of having them as drunken goofs.

loophole
22nd March 2009, 08:33 PM
this is an episode that reminds me and hopes that they DO NOT release the constructicons as toys as i want to collect all the show characters and that i really dont like the constructicon characters(they are terrible IMO) i would almost rather "Sari and her robot friends" sort of episode

Gutsman Heavy
22nd March 2009, 09:10 PM
don't worry loophole, the constructicons wont be getting toys.

Robzy
22nd March 2009, 11:58 PM
Didn't really get in to this episode at all.

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd March 2009, 11:59 PM
Re. the Headmaster, it could go either way. There's the option for more units since Powell developed them in S2, or it could (hopefully) be the last one and no more Headmaster. With the Key being depowered last ep and the Headmaster unit (maybe) gone now they're really reducing the plot devices...

Lugnut rules as always, I'm glad to see the Earthbound Decepticons showing up again.

Gutsman Heavy
23rd March 2009, 11:24 AM
didn't do much for me

i_amtrunks
23rd March 2009, 02:08 PM
Lugnut always makes an episode better, though no Blitzwing was a surprise.

Lagann, I mean Dirt Boss was different and decent, certainly is the right size to become a head for a gestalt. Don't care too much for the Constructicons, so I hope they get relegated to background players (since no- characters die in this series). Hopefully the Headmaster unit is gone, Masterton has run his course, it's time for him to able off, never to return.

Not a strong episode, and not a great pick to follow up after Transwarped, but then again it did have no Sari... Sludge Fossil Fuels was great, really wish we'd get Animated Sludge and Snarl...

Guessing the Dinobots appearance was to remind us that they still exist, meaning an upcoming focus point on them again. With the whole "Allspark creation" story, and Starscreams body falling into the river last week, I hope that equals the return of Wreck-gar soon too.
Even in the same episode? We couldnt be that lucky could we? ;)

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2009, 08:13 PM
don't worry loophole, the constructicons wont be getting toys.
See... now that really peeves me off. Why continue to focus so much exposition on the Constructicons and even introduce a new Constructicon when Hasbro's already decided not to make them as toys?!?!?!?!?!?!???!???!

Whoever made this decision needs to have his janglies whacked. (<_<)

Golden Phoenix
23rd March 2009, 08:22 PM
Anyone got any ideas on why Dirt Boss is a Decepticon?

The other 2 had to become Decepticons, they didn't have an allegiance when they appeared. But why did Dirt Boss start out as one?

Sky Shadow
23rd March 2009, 08:40 PM
See... now that really peeves me off. Why continue to focus so much exposition on the Constructicons and even introduce a new Constructicon when Hasbro's already decided not to make them as toys?

I know Hasbro said so, but let's face it - they've said lots of things that turned out to be wrong. The opposite is the case according to this thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3719

And so far, the following rumours from that list have been verified (spoilers whited out):

1. Season 3 will air spring 2009.
2. Hasbro already has models of the whole Season 3 crew, including more Starscream clones and re-paints.
3. Wasp will return for Bumblebee in an episode.
4. Shockwave will get exposed.
5. You will see more of Cliffjumper and Ironhide in an episode.
6. The Elite Guard will come back.PERMANENTLY (Including Blurr).
7. Omega Supreme will be back.
8. Constructicons will be back.
9. Three Decepticons will switch to the Autobots.
10. Wreck-Gar will be back.
11. Constructicon toys coming soon as a Two-Pack Deluxe.
12. In process of making more translucent figures like Optimus, Blitzwing, Megatron and others.
13. Swindle will be back.
14. They are not sure if human villains will be back.

And number 11 was "Constructicon toys coming soon as a Two-Pack Deluxe."

loophole
23rd March 2009, 08:46 PM

maybe cause the headmaster unit was used for evil which in turn made Dirtboss evil :confused:

jaydisc
23rd March 2009, 09:05 PM
Ooooohh. Maybe #11 and #9 are related!

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd March 2009, 11:46 PM

The other 2 had to become Decepticons, they didn't have an allegiance when they appeared. But why did Dirt Boss start out as one?

maybe cause the headmaster unit was used for evil which in turn made Dirtboss evil :confused:

Thats what I assumed as well.

This was an ok episode. Have to admit though, after the awesomeness of Transwarped, it'd be pretty unlikely that the whole series would be that good.

Getting a bit tired of the mob boss/mafia constrcution thing that shows up whenever the Constructicons how up. Nice bit of work having Lugnut in there and good use of showing how he dwarfs the autobots. Loved Ratchet getting squished!;)

hotaru_oz
6th April 2009, 12:10 PM
ugh Dirtboss was the most annoying character ever. I can not stand him >.<

GoktimusPrime
6th April 2009, 12:56 PM
Professor Princess is way worse IMO. Dirtboss would be the worst Cybertronian character in this series so far - as annoying as the Dinobots are, at least they have toys, so I understand their existence in the show. Dirtboss is a stupid annoying character who doesn't (and won't) have a toy... about as useful as a man obtaining the rights to bear a child even though we can't!

------------------------------------------------------
FRANCIS: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
STAN: I want to be one.
REG: What?
STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.
REG: What?!
LORETTA: It's my right as a man.
JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
LORETTA: I want to have babies.
REG: You want to have babies?!
LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
REG: But... you can't have babies.
LORETTA: Don't you oppress me.
REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! -- Where's the fetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?!
LORETTA: [crying]
JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.
FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.
REG: What's the point?
FRANCIS: What?
REG: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!
FRANCIS: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
REG: Symbolic of his struggle against reality.
------------------------------------------------------