PDA

View Full Version : Lego Sightings

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

BruiseLee
14th June 2014, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out here. Do you think (at least in your personal opinion) it's worth it to just pay $30 for the shipping at Lego Shop@home, or is it better to buy enough to make $150 for the free shipping? Or maybe it would be better to just wait until a local online retailer gets it?

I'm a bit peeved at the $30 shipping expense, but at the same time I don't think I want enough things to justify $150.

A tough one in this case as the Ghostbusters set is $70 so it's not a small top up for free shipping. $30 for shipping is a bit much. Perhaps see if anyone else on the boards is keen to buy something to make up the diff for free shipping?

JuzMel
14th June 2014, 11:42 PM
Okay guys, am peeved that I didn't managed to get my hands on a LEGO Simpsons House from Myer in the current toy sale catalogue. Was here on the first day of the sale at 2pm and it was sold out nationwide! Can anybody who sees it at Myer let me know, thanks! And if you have my mobile, send me a text pretty pls!

Stompy
15th June 2014, 01:08 AM
It looks as if Myer bring out the stock prior to the sale (unintentionally) and sell out before even the sale begins. I was going to layby it but none available on the first day of the sale. Big W is the next chance to get it. Just hope that they hold out on stocking them prior to the sale. Also, get in the day before late afternoon as the Sale prices tend to tick over then.

I'm lowering my expectations on acquiring one at a sale price.

Krayt
15th June 2014, 12:56 PM
Southland David jones had a heap, maybe they will price match?

Golden Phoenix
15th June 2014, 01:19 PM
It looks as if Myer bring out the stock prior to the sale (unintentionally) and sell out before even the sale begins. I was going to layby it but none available on the first day of the sale. Big W is the next chance to get it. Just hope that they hold out on stocking them prior to the sale. Also, get in the day before late afternoon as the Sale prices tend to tick over then.

I'm lowering my expectations on acquiring one at a sale price.

I know Big W put them out before their sale. I picked one up a week or so ago.

Fungal Infection
15th June 2014, 03:09 PM
Apparently Myers are getting another refill of the Simpson's house as I was told by my local that they'd sold out. The guy at the counter took my details down and said if one came up, he'd give me a call. Today, I got a call and they said they were getting some more but not in time for the end of the sale but stated they would honour the sale price if I was willing to wait for refill which he stated wouldn't be until September at the earliest.

JuzMel
16th June 2014, 09:26 AM
I don't quite believe what the staff at Myer says purely because everyone tells you a different thing. I spoke to a guy last Thu when it sold out and he told me stock comes in every Tue/Wed and asked me to call and check then as he believes since the sale is so long, there will be more stock coming in. Then I checked with another couple more sales assistants and they told me once they sell out, there's no more and they don't know when it's coming in. I just hate them giving different answers. I'll just check in store every week if I can before the sale ends to try my luck.

Great for you fungal that they are willing to honour the sale price. The lady at my local Myer said no rain checks! :mad:

Senor_2
16th June 2014, 09:56 AM
David Jones has 20% off Lego including the Simpsons house today! Just ordered mine online including free delivery - get on it ppl!

I got conflicting info from Myer, one store said they could take orders with limited numbers available per store, but the Sydney city store (with apparently the most available orders) confirmed they were told by Lego they couldn't get more stock, so who knows what their situation is.

Golden Phoenix
16th June 2014, 11:39 AM
David Jones has 20% off Lego including the Simpsons house today! Just ordered mine online including free delivery - get on it ppl!

I almost forgot about David Jones. Last time I was in their Melbourne CBD store (about 6 months back) they still had TF stock from Revenge of the Fallen. If they are actually stocking toys again I may have to have a look.

Fungal Infection
16th June 2014, 04:24 PM
Just ordered online, sold out but click and collect is available. Thanks for the heads up Senor_2!!

JuzMel
16th June 2014, 11:58 PM

I got conflicting info from Myer, one store said they could take orders with limited numbers available per store, but the Sydney city store (with apparently the most available orders) confirmed they were told by Lego they couldn't get more stock, so who knows what their situation is.

Thanks for the heads up Senor_2. Just orderd mine for click and collect too and hopefully will be able to pick up Wed or Thu. That 20% off LEGO for the Simpsons house is even cheaper than Big W's price at the upcoming toy sale.

I'm really annoyed at all this conflicting information from the dept stores. When an item sells out, they can never ever give a definite reliable answer. :rolleyes:

Btw guys, if anyone is interested, I just bought the LEGO winter village market (http://www.mrtoys.com.au/?LEGO-Toys/LEGO-Creator/LEGO-Winter-Village-Market-10235;Item;22055) from Mr Toys World. They were having a sale on it.

senzan
19th June 2014, 10:01 AM
Anyone know the release date for bennys Spaceship? Can't find any details on retail sites.

Krayt
19th June 2014, 10:13 AM
Is available from Lego online, so should hit retail soon, ecspecially with the DVD imminant

Initial_G
19th June 2014, 02:16 PM
Apparently Myers are getting another refill of the Simpson's house as I was told by my local that they'd sold out. The guy at the counter took my details down and said if one came up, he'd give me a call. Today, I got a call and they said they were getting some more but not in time for the end of the sale but stated they would honour the sale price if I was willing to wait for refill which he stated wouldn't be until September at the earliest.

I don't quite believe what the staff at Myer says purely because everyone tells you a different thing. I spoke to a guy last Thu when it sold out and he told me stock comes in every Tue/Wed and asked me to call and check then as he believes since the sale is so long, there will be more stock coming in. Then I checked with another couple more sales assistants and they told me once they sell out, there's no more and they don't know when it's coming in. I just hate them giving different answers. I'll just check in store every week if I can before the sale ends to try my luck.

Great for you fungal that they are willing to honour the sale price. The lady at my local Myer said no rain checks! :mad:

I asked earlier at the city Myer in Sydney, they said the Simpsons house was sold out everywhere but to leave contact details and they would contact me when they got in another shipment (sometime between Sept-Dec though). They would honour the current sale price.

The new shipment apparently would go to ppl that have left their details, there was no plans atm to put any back onto floor stock. So I assume that means they are getting very limited supply ... that said, the original Lego VW camper van was like that ... now they have heaps of them and way cheaper than the original price ... I think if your willing to wait, there'll be lots of them around soon enough.

BruiseLee
23rd June 2014, 09:06 PM
Does an online sighting count? New wave of Lego movie sets should hopefully be arriving soon in stores around the 2nd July blu ray release but the lego online shop now has them. RRP as follows:

Emmets-Construct-o-Mech = $90
Super Secret Police Dropship = $120
Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! = $150

Wonder if the release will be within one of the sales periods happening soon.

Stompy
29th June 2014, 04:39 PM
Anyone seen the 10244 Fairground Mixer set in any shops?

Lint
30th June 2014, 08:37 PM
Anyone seen the 10244 Fairground Mixer set in any shops?

Saw one at shopforme on Lygon street the other day however it was in their stairwell where they keep the stuff thats been reserved by web orders. Might be worth calling them up to see if they got more.

Stompy
30th June 2014, 09:05 PM
Thanks Lint. Never knew about that shop. Their prices are pretty good. Might drop down there this week. Though their store hours sure are odd. I guess they are first and foremost an online store.

Lint
2nd July 2014, 03:51 PM
I think the dudes who run it still have dayjobs. I've bought from them in-store and online and can't really fault their service.

Stompy
6th July 2014, 01:50 AM
Lint:
The ticket prices on their brick and mortar store is DISTINCTLY different to their online shop! Yikes.

Omega Metro
6th July 2014, 07:37 AM
Lego Ewok Village at Target Midland. $389!:eek: looks quite big though and you get a lot of Ewoks. It will be on sale with Targets toy sale though in a few weeks.

i_amtrunks
18th July 2014, 08:12 AM
Has anyone seen the newer winter sets for marvel (blackbird and guardians of the galaxy), ultra agents or tmnt anywhere yet?

Shopforme has most of them but at a higher price than the lego shop.

Hoping that TRU may have them with their current buy one, get the second for 50%.

Lint
18th July 2014, 09:55 AM
Lint:
The ticket prices on their brick and mortar store is DISTINCTLY different to their online shop! Yikes.

I've had them match online prices and even old sale prices in-store if you ask politely. How DISTINCTLY of a price difference are we talking?

Stompy
20th July 2014, 11:22 PM
Lint:
RRP or more on some of the rarer sets. Definitely not the 20-25% less than rrp int he website.

STL
21st July 2014, 10:27 PM
Just spruiking my sale thread in the sales area, I've got some Lego mini-figs and whatnot for sale too for the interested.

Thorns2010
28th July 2014, 08:58 PM
I checked the computers again at work today(Big W) for Lego Movie Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!!!

Is is active in the system now, and the store I work at has 4 on order. So hopefully in a couple weeks it will be in stock. It was listed at $148. I didn't write down the item number, but I'll try and do that tomorrow though.

Lint
28th July 2014, 09:02 PM
I checked the computers again at work today(Big W) for Lego Movie Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!!!

Is is active in the system now, and the store I work at has 4 on order. So hopefully in a couple weeks it will be in stock. It was listed at $148. I didn't write down the item number, but I'll try and do that tomorrow though.

Thanks for the intel Thorns! Looks like TLG is gonna be handing these out to retailers in August.

colin78
31st July 2014, 06:38 PM
I checked the system today and the last 3 Lego Movie sets will all be sold by Big W...ETA 12th of august.

70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech - $88
70815 Super Secret Police Dropship - $118
70816 Benny's Spaceship - $148

Zippo
31st July 2014, 11:04 PM
Toyworld Chermside (Brisbane) had three of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets in stock. Sets ending in 19 (small ship), 20 (with Groot) and 21 (large ship). No prices on them.

senzan
1st August 2014, 11:31 AM
70816 Benny's Spaceship - $148

finally! thanks colin - cant wait :D

Sharky
1st August 2014, 12:06 PM
Has anyone seen the newer winter sets for marvel (blackbird and guardians of the galaxy), ultra agents or tmnt anywhere yet?

Shopforme has most of them but at a higher price than the lego shop.

Hoping that TRU may have them with their current buy one, get the second for 50%.

i saw the GotG set last night at Uncle Petes of all places they are usually the last to get anything new...

i_amtrunks
1st August 2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I caved and bought the GotG and Blackbird set from Aamazon. More than I was going to spend in one hit, but overall a fair whack cheaper than buying for RRP here. Blackbird and Racoon sets were about $30 cheaper online, the larger GotG set about $50 cheaper.

Sadly Lego movie sets are not available to ship here and the Agents sets are not out at all as yet.

Zippo
2nd August 2014, 04:05 PM
Come back from Australia to find New Zealand on the ball!

New City Arctic sets, New Lego Movie sets, New Lego Chima sets and New Lego Star Wars sets.

So many nice items!!

loophole
2nd August 2014, 04:58 PM
I spotted the new GotG sets today at my local toyworld and of course bought one for myself :)

senzan
4th August 2014, 09:50 AM
I spotted the new GotG sets today at my local toyworld and of course bought one for myself :)

Which set? The Milano Rescue or the Knowhere Escape?

Omega Metro
4th August 2014, 10:17 AM
Myer Morley has the GotG sets. About 4 or 5 sets. Didn't check prices or what ones they were.

loophole
4th August 2014, 05:53 PM
Which set? The Milano Rescue or the Knowhere Escape?

All 3 of them

colin78
4th August 2014, 06:01 PM
finally! thanks colin - cant wait :D

No probs, the delivery estimate is around the 12th of august, but if anyone is searching, the keycodes are:

70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech - 0003703
70815 Super Secret Police Dropship - 0003705
70816 Benny's Spaceship - 0003706

colin78
8th August 2014, 10:48 AM
Guardians of the galaxy at big w campbelltown too...

76019 Starblaster Showdown - $38
76020 Knowhere Escape Mission - $75
76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue - $124

i_amtrunks
8th August 2014, 11:41 AM
Guardians of the galaxy at big w campbelltown too...

76019 Starblaster Showdown - $38
76020 Knowhere Escape Mission - $75
76021 The Milano Spaceship Rescue - $124

Wow, some crazy prices there. I am glad that I got the three sets from amazon that after shipping are about 30% cheaper! There is no way that 76020 is worth $75, I was not overly happy paying $40, but LEGO know it will sell as it has Groot and Rocket in it.

colin78
8th August 2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah,

I thought they were pretty high prices for the box sizes...

Wow, some crazy prices there. I am glad that I got the three sets from amazon that after shipping are about 30% cheaper! There is no way that 76020 is worth $75, I was not overly happy paying $40, but LEGO know it will sell as it has Groot and Rocket in it.

BruiseLee
8th August 2014, 09:23 PM
Target have the three previously mentioned GotG sets. Going for usual Lego store rrp but there is 20% off Lego at Target till Sunday.

Krayt
11th August 2014, 07:36 AM
Hahahahaha....

I saw some simpsons minifigs in a Kmart today.... Each one sealed in a CD security case!

Just thought I'd mention it

i_amtrunks
11th August 2014, 11:38 AM
Coles is selling "works with popular brands" lego style minifigures based on AFL and NRL players for $2 a pop. Blind packed and indistinguishable from one another bar for a select few that are meant to come with a mini football.

Printing is excellent, the faces are done in a very stylised manner. Sam Burgess and Thurston's are spot on I think!

Lint
11th August 2014, 12:47 PM
Coles is selling "works with popular brands" lego style minifigures based on AFL and NRL players for $2 a pop. Blind packed and indistinguishable from one another bar for a select few that are meant to come with a mini football.

Printing is excellent, the faces are done in a very stylised manner. Sam Burgess and Thurston's are spot on I think!

Yeah they're up to series 2 now, some of them face prints are very well caricatured and hilarious. They also put way more effort into some of the hairpieces than LEGO ever have. Only downside is you can't remove and swap hairpieces around like LEGO.

They should do a 'legends' series featuring big names from the past :)

nexusnixx
14th August 2014, 10:17 AM
Hahahahaha....

I saw some simpsons minifigs in a Kmart today.... Each one sealed in a CD security case!

Just thought I'd mention it

That will surely take up more retail space.

lee
14th August 2014, 09:31 PM
Star Wars MTT Spotted at Toys R Us Carousel. $149.99, had quite a few at the main shelf. Also all 3 GOTG sets there.

Sutton
15th August 2014, 09:58 AM
Star Wars MTT Spotted at Toys R Us Carousel. $149.99, had quite a few at the main shelf. Also all 3 GOTG sets there.

That new MTT is complete balls. Bugger all battle droids, and so ugly and small. The previous MTT (that came with 360 battle droids) was far superior in every way...

I'm hanging out for the Star Destroyer personally, since I missed the boat on the last one...

LambOfPrimus
15th August 2014, 05:09 PM
Spotted all new StarWars, Ninja Turtles, and Lego Movie sets at both Big W and Myer. Walked away with an AT-AT and Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP ! :) :) :)

i_amtrunks
16th August 2014, 07:35 PM
Same as LambofPrimus at Btown Big W, plus the lego city station and passenger train for $199! :eek:

A little off topic, but I've never owned a lego powered set, if I were to get a lego powered train from the USA, would I need to use a power point adapter to use it here, or are they battery powered?

Cheers.

dirge
16th August 2014, 08:23 PM
Trunks; the Lego trains run on AAA batteries. I picked up a pack from Arizona on eBay, popped it into my Horizon Express with AAAs and away it went!

Btw which train/station did you see?

i_amtrunks
16th August 2014, 09:03 PM
Trunks; the Lego trains run on AAA batteries. I picked up a pack from Arizona on eBay, popped it into my Horizon Express with AAAs and away it went!

Btw which train/station did you see?

Thanks for the prompt response, sadly Amazon will not ship the sets to Australia (although it explicitly said they did on the order page!) and ebay prices after shipping end up worse than RRP here.

I saw the 60050 (http://brickset.com/sets/60050-1/Train-Station) set with the single level station for $75, as well as 60051 passenger train for the $199. I have a feeling the 60052 freight engine set will be a Myer or TRU exclusive. I must admit I was excited as the only time I normally see trains are at TRU for about 25% more than RRP.

dirge
16th August 2014, 09:35 PM
I've been waiting for 60050! I'll have to head to my nearby Big Ws...

I actually picked up two extra train power sets on eBay (both for the Horizon Express). One was local; someone was selling just the engine (along with motor) for 7939; I picked it up during the 20% off toys a few Sundays ago. Maybe take a look on eBay (or even Brickset)?

i_amtrunks
16th August 2014, 09:55 PM
Been looking, but I really don't have the space (or finances) to start down the slippery slope, because as we all know, once you get a train set, then you need more track, lots more track, buildings and sets to make a more "realistic" setting and it snowballs from there! :eek:

Sinnertwin
17th August 2014, 10:43 AM
Myer Parra
Emmet's Constructomech $89.95
Benny's Spaceship $149.95
Dropship $119

Golden Phoenix
17th August 2014, 02:42 PM
Same as LambofPrimus at Btown Big W, plus the lego city station and passenger train for $199! :eek:

A little off topic, but I've never owned a lego powered set, if I were to get a lego powered train from the USA, would I need to use a power point adapter to use it here, or are they battery powered?

Cheers.

You can get a rechargeable battery. They work fine, but you need to get an AUS style power cable or a US-AUS adaptor.

dirge
17th August 2014, 02:53 PM
Picked up 2x 60050 on trunk's tipoff:

http://mail.paxeiro.com/60050.jpg

Sinnertwin
17th August 2014, 03:42 PM
Big W have some new Nick & Live Action TMNT sets. No prices though

79115 Turtle Van Takedown
79117 Turtle Lar Invasion
79118 Karai Bike Escape
79119 Mutation Chamber Unleashed
791120 TRawket Sky Strike

lee
17th August 2014, 03:45 PM
Target Joondalup have all new Star Wars sets except for Star Destroyer and MTT.
All new Ninja Turtle sets as well.

BruiseLee
17th August 2014, 03:59 PM
TRU have the new non-movie Turtles sets. Shredder's Lair Rescue scanned up as $90. Couldn't see the Turtle Sub though :(

Sutton
17th August 2014, 05:43 PM
Been looking, but I really don't have the space (or finances) to start down the slippery slope, because as we all know, once you get a train set, then you need more track, lots more track, buildings and sets to make a more "realistic" setting and it snowballs from there! :eek:

Yep, space is my biggest problem; I've got 5 powered sets, plus the non-powered Steam Engine and Maersk Loco, and a whole shit-tonne of buildings and road plates, but no where to put them.

It's mostly packed in big plastic tubs, ready to go for later on - my 'midlife crisis in a box' kit :D

Sutton
17th August 2014, 05:44 PM

That looks as cool as I thought it might. Although it's always a problem with the 'dolls house' buildings in Lego City.

i_amtrunks
17th August 2014, 06:14 PM

Damn you, not helping the urge! :p

dirge
17th August 2014, 09:13 PM
That looks as cool as I thought it might. Although it's always a problem with the 'dolls house' buildings in Lego City.

For me the trickiest part (which isn't really evident in that photo) is building the second one as a "mirror image". Except for certain details like the ATM it's all built so both platforms are mirror images. I then modified it a little to make that central tower & combined roof (which wasn't hard).

Stompy
19th August 2014, 05:10 PM
Any sightings of the Ultra Agent sets?

Lint
20th August 2014, 10:45 AM

You absolute barstand. I have to pick up 2 now as well.

dirge
20th August 2014, 06:53 PM
Glad to be of service...

Sharky
26th August 2014, 12:44 PM
Toys r us were busy stocking the shelves with new stuff incliding the city artic sets, the new GotG sets the newer Lego movie sets including bennys spaceship ($149.99) and Movie Ninja Turlte sets

BruiseLee
26th August 2014, 11:02 PM
Just a heads up, the new Batman Tumbler 76023 is now up for pre sale on the Lego online store for VIP members. $280 and will ship on 11th Sep.

Sutton
27th August 2014, 11:30 PM
Saw all the new Star Wars and Friends lego at Kmart tonight; the Star Destroyer scanned up at $200, disappointing since kmart is usually a smidge cheaper on lego than other shops.

Sinnertwin
28th August 2014, 10:04 AM
Just a heads up, the new Batman Tumbler 76023 is now up for pre sale on the Lego online store for VIP members. $280 and will ship on 11th Sep.

$280? Pffft. There goes that idea. Oh well, i'll just pick up a loose Joker and Batman from the next Fair then.

i_amtrunks
28th August 2014, 11:24 AM
$280? Pffft. There goes that idea. Oh well, i'll just pick up a loose Joker and Batman from the next Fair then.

Goodluck with that, even though they are way out of scale with the tumbler (which I've heard is extremely fragile) since they are unique sculpts, I think only a few people will part with them!

JuzMel
28th August 2014, 12:05 PM

Very nice dirge, that would go very nicely with my train sets too - if only I have space in the house.

Waiting for a sale to get the new FRIENDS sets - very typical girly sets I know...:rolleyes:

Omega Metro
29th August 2014, 01:16 PM
TRU will have 'BUY 1 GET 1 HALF PRICE' starting next Wednesday 3rd September on all Technic, TMNT, Chima, CITY:), Friends, and CREATOR:)...........just so ya know:D;)

Sinnertwin
31st August 2014, 02:17 PM
Goodluck with that, even though they are way out of scale with the tumbler (which I've heard is extremely fragile) since they are unique sculpts, I think only a few people will part with them!

Comparing the two, you're right, they won't want to part with them, but here's the Joker figure I was talking about that i saw at the Penrith Fair for $15 today:

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/CAM00187_zpsf27ad8de.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/CAM00187_zpsf27ad8de.jpg.html)

Compared to the official version:

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/lego-the-dark-knight-tumbler-figures-05_zps161d01e7.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/lego-the-dark-knight-tumbler-figures-05_zps161d01e7.jpg.html)

There are noticeable differences, but for the price tag, I'm happy to overlook them :)

Stompy
3rd September 2014, 12:21 AM
Ultra Agents sets are finally out at Big W. So I'm happy. Though cruel fate meant all sets were there except for the Mission HQ Truck which is what I REALLY wanted.

BruiseLee
3rd September 2014, 07:13 PM
Ultra Agents sets are finally out at Big W. So I'm happy. Though cruel fate meant all sets were there except for the Mission HQ Truck which is what I REALLY wanted.

There were a couple at Big W in Doncaster. Perhaps give them a call to hold?

Stompy
3rd September 2014, 11:32 PM
There were a couple at Big W in Doncaster. Perhaps give them a call to hold?

Cheers Bruise, but I did go there today and found it. Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually buy an entire line but Agents, insects, robots or space are my favorite lines. Got the whole set, it's amazing how much cheaper they are if there's no license attached.

colin78
8th September 2014, 09:57 PM
Has anyone seen the new sandcrawler (75059) set yet?

Autocon
10th September 2014, 02:01 AM

Are they cheaper at BIG-W?!!

I saw them in target, bloody $80! $40! for such small sets :eek::eek:

Its an outrage!!:mad::eek:

Krayt
10th September 2014, 06:46 AM
You gotta remember, lego has shrunk box sizes! They might look small, but they have gone Eco friendly and are saving cardboard and shipping space. I was devastated when the Parisian Resturant box was tiny, but for my box display being screwed, not the price

Stompy
10th September 2014, 06:28 PM
Are they cheaper at BIG-W?!!

I saw them in target, bloody $80! $40! for such small sets :eek::eek:

Its an outrage!!:mad::eek:

They are cheaper at Big W.

Big W prices (RRP in brackets):

Ultra Agent Headquarters (Truck) - $125 ($140)
Hurricane Heist - $88 ($90)
Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown - $48 ($60)
Infearno Interception (car) - $35 ($40)
Tremor Track Infiltration - $25 ($30)
Riverside Raid - $15 ($16)

Also they are larger than you think. Check the acquisition thread. I posted pictures. You can compare the sizes with the minifigs.

DELTAprime
12th September 2014, 11:15 PM
Anyone know if the new Marvel X-men set 76022 is out here yet? I'm only seeing GotG Marvel sets around here, the Lego Wiki says the X-men set should have come out at the same time as the GotG sets.

colin78
13th September 2014, 12:09 AM
Hold off on buying any of the Ultra Agents sets...Big W will have them on sale from the 18th of Sept...

70165 - $98
70162 - $29
70161 - $20

Also the Simpsons house will be back in stock for $298. Lego City Arctic, Lego Movie & Star Wars sets will be cheaper too.

60036 - Arctic Base Camp - $98
60035 - Arctic Outpost - $45
60034 - Arctic Crane - $29

70816 - Benny's Spaceship - $118
70815 - Super Secret Police Dropship - $98
70814 - Construction Mech

75053 - The Ghost - $98
75049 - Snowspeeder - $45
75048 - The Phantom - $29

Also various older Lego City packs for $20 and Lego Friends will be on sale too.

Mr_K
13th September 2014, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the info man!

colin78
13th September 2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the info man!

My pleasure...here to help.

crankcase76
19th September 2014, 02:53 PM
Series 3 of lego mixels at TRU penrith and at BigW.

Bidoofdude
28th September 2014, 06:43 PM
Target have the Snowspeeder for $47. I almost bought it. Dak looks cool.

Zippo
29th September 2014, 05:27 PM
Series 12 of Lego Minifigures in Dunedin - official on shelf date is 1st October but two stores broken street date

Bidoofdude
1st October 2014, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if ANY retailers are getting the Plastic Man Minifigure as a preorder exclusive for the Lego Batman 3 game? EB Games only have a polybag tumbler and JB-HIFI have DLC. Thanks.

BruiseLee
1st October 2014, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know if ANY retailers are getting the Plastic Man Minifigure as a preorder exclusive for the Lego Batman 3 game? EB Games only have a polybag tumbler and JB-HIFI have DLC. Thanks.

Doesn't seem like any brick and mortars store have the plastic man minifig. Was hoping Eb would as their parent company in US are the store which is giving out the minifig. Did come across this Australian online store:

https://www.mightyape.com.au/blog/4945/Pre-order-LEGO-Batman-3-score-an-exclusive-poster-Plastic-Man-figurine

I haven't bought from them before though.

kovert
2nd October 2014, 08:48 AM
Anyone know if the new Marvel X-men set 76022 is out here yet? I'm only seeing GotG Marvel sets around here, the Lego Wiki says the X-men set should have come out at the same time as the GotG sets.

76022 is listed in the Lego online shop (AU) as an August 2014 release at AUD $79.99. Certainly overpriced but still a must for any X-Men. It's already October and I haven't seen it in any physical store. There's plenty of Guardians of the Galaxy stuff from the Super Heroes line.

Amazon.com has the set on sale for USD $44.99 (x 1.2 conversion plus $11 USD x 1.2 conversion for shipping). Last time I checked it would not ship to Australia. That said, it changes all the time. In late July it was listed on eBay by Australian sellers for around $99. Yikes.

crankcase76
5th October 2014, 01:38 PM
Series 12 lego mini figures at Kmart Penrith, there were 3 boxes of them.

Hursticon
5th October 2014, 08:33 PM
Series 12 lego mini figures at Kmart Penrith, there were 3 boxes of them.

Ooh! - I wonder if by some small miracle they'll have any down here? - I need a Spooky Girl by-crikey! :p:D

crankcase76
5th October 2014, 10:10 PM
Ooh! - I wonder if by some small miracle they'll have any down here? - I need a Spooky Girl by-crikey! :p:D

Bought nine of them and didn't get her yet, but they are easy to pick. Only need seven more to finish the series.:D

Hursticon
5th October 2014, 11:39 PM
Bought nine of them and didn't get her yet, but they are easy to pick. Only need seven more to finish the series.:D

Whoa! - You're doing well then! :D
She's meant to be short-packed isn't she?

crankcase76
6th October 2014, 02:00 AM
Whoa! - You're doing well then! :D
She's meant to be short-packed isn't she?

Not to sure if she is short packed but will find out soon i guess?

Golden Phoenix
6th October 2014, 05:39 PM
Not to sure if she is short packed but will find out soon i guess?

Eurobricks (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99257) has a review of them. They say there are 3 per box, still short packed, but not as short packed as some of the recent series where there were only 2 of some figures.

Hursticon
10th October 2014, 11:17 PM
Ended up grabbing a Spooky Girl off of eBay, QLD specifically ;), so when she arrives I think it'll be time to reconstruct the Haunted Mansion for her - Lego Wednesday Addams needs somewhere to live after all. ;):D

Krayt
23rd October 2014, 09:50 PM
Spotted the new Sandcrawler in boxes at the local BigW. Had been security tagged but was stillin the shippers, with no space on the shelves, but with the sale next week they will probably be wrapped and up at the service desk

SofaMan
25th October 2014, 01:49 PM
Three of the new Hobbit sets at Adelaide Toyworld - Witch-King Battle, Attack on Lake-Town, and The Battle of Five Armies. They didn't have the big set with Smaug in it though.

i_amtrunks
25th October 2014, 05:27 PM
Three of the new Hobbit sets at Adelaide Toyworld - Witch-King Battle, Attack on Lake-Town, and The Battle of Five Armies. They didn't have the big set with Smaug in it though.

Any prices?

I've found the US to AU pricing seems to differ a little from lego line/ series, sometimes a licensed US$ 11 (or thereabouts) set goes for AU$22 or even $29 here.

Wish they'd had the Smaug set, I'd like to get someone whose seen it in hand give a reason why it might cost so much.

SofaMan
25th October 2014, 11:52 PM
The Witch-King Battle (the smallest set, with 3 minifigs) was $22. I think The Battle of 5 Armies was $99? The Lake Town one was inbetween somewhere.

i_amtrunks
26th October 2014, 10:26 AM
The Witch-King Battle (the smallest set, with 3 minifigs) was $22. I think The Battle of 5 Armies was $99? The Lake Town one was inbetween somewhere.

Thank you, it's online for me, especially for the five armies set.

colin78
26th October 2014, 11:01 AM
Star wars sandcrawler will be in the big w catalogue this thurday...It will be an exclusive for $398.00. $50 cheaper than the Lego Shop...I'm half way through mine, and so far its a pretty cool build.

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t598/Colin_Steward/Sandcrawler-Big-W_zpsaf954df3.jpg~original

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t598/Colin_Steward/Sandcrawler-Spotted-At-Big-W-300x225_zps764367dd.jpg~original

Stompy
8th January 2015, 01:38 AM
David Jones have the following 2 sets on sale at 25% Off according to the website. Not available for purchase online and stores won't have it ticketed but will scan at the reduced price. Click & Collect is your best bet:

10244 Fairground Mixer $149.99 down from $199.99
http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/creator-fairground-mixer

10234 Sydney Opera House $299.99 down from $399.99
http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/creator-sydney-opera-house

Picked up my much wanted Fairground Mixer as I never wanted to pay full price at the online shop.

crankcase76
11th January 2015, 03:00 PM
Looking in at penrith plaza and Target Penrith has the lego minecraft sets,

1. Cave set 21113 for $29.00
2. First night set 21115 for $59.00

Also Lego City set,

1. Excavator set 60075 for $59.00

As well as the series 13 Lego Minifigures x 4 boxes, each figure for $5.00ea.

The_Damned
22nd January 2015, 10:50 AM
the minecraft sets and city series at kmart batemans bay

Handsprime
22nd January 2015, 02:06 PM
New wave of Lego Minifigures are available to West Penno Coles, just after the previous patch of Mega Bloks Spongebob figures sold out.

Omega Metro
23rd January 2015, 01:51 AM
Don't forget Myer currently has 'Buy 2 toys get the 3rd free' on til Monday. Includes Lego. Got all the new 2015 City vehicle sets for under $20 today.

Akky82
23rd January 2015, 01:23 PM
Don't forget Myer currently has 'Buy 2 toys get the 3rd free' on til Monday. Includes Lego. Got all the new 2015 City vehicle sets for under $20 today.

Nice, been looking for something to buy with the motorbike racers. TRU has buy one get one half price for CITY sets (in aspley anyway), earth moving sets look cool but not for me, as does the snow plough but it doesnt really fit what i have. Looking forward to finding a detective's office.

Defcon
30th January 2015, 05:53 PM
Lego 2015 sets at Kmart Garden City. Some of the $28 sets are priced at $20. Includes the Tow truck, the Plow truck, dune buggy, and the bike transporter. Service truck is still priced at $28 though. Not sure if other stores have the same deal.

kovert
21st February 2015, 04:31 PM
Anyone seen the Exo Suit 21109 in physical stores in Brisbane? Production stops at the end of the month.

i_amtrunks
21st February 2015, 10:49 PM
Bionicle sets in Target. $16 for smaller and $29 for larger sets, so more expensive than they are in the US and UK.

Hopefully sale prices will make them better value for money.

Omega Metro
21st February 2015, 11:35 PM
Bionicle sets in Target. $16 for smaller and $29 for larger sets, so more expensive than they are in the US and UK.

Hopefully sale prices will make them better value for money.

Myer and Kmart have them too. 20% off at Myer

kovert
26th February 2015, 07:05 PM
Anyone seen 31029 Cargo Heli, 31030 Red Go Cart, 31031 Forest Animals in stores? Most Creator sets were released this month but haven't seen these three. Could they be only available online?

Omega Metro
26th February 2015, 07:17 PM
Anyone seen 31029 Cargo Heli, 31030 Red Go Cart, 31031 Forest Animals in stores? Most Creator sets were released this month but haven't seen these three. Could they be only available online?

Saw the red Go Cart at Myer today here in Perth.

kovert
26th February 2015, 08:34 PM
Saw the red Go Cart at Myer today here in Perth.

OK good to hear Myer is carrying one of the three!

Krayt
26th February 2015, 10:09 PM
DOUBLE DECKER COUCH!!!

...was at my local Kmart.... Ad the cop chase... No angry kitty though :-(

kovert
26th February 2015, 11:24 PM
Double decker couch was another one I was after :)

Omega Metro
27th February 2015, 12:01 AM
Double decker couch was another one I was after :)

Yep got that at Myer today too! $18.71

kovert
27th February 2015, 08:21 AM
Myer needs to get its act together to make sure I get the sets I want. :confused:

DELTAprime
2nd March 2015, 07:50 PM
Anyone know how common the Double Decker Couch is at Kmart or if Big W are getting it? I haven't seen it yet.

Omega Metro
2nd March 2015, 11:53 PM
Anyone know how common the Double Decker Couch is at Kmart or if Big W are getting it? I haven't seen it yet.

I'm sure every BigW would have it now or by the end of the week. You will have no problems finding it soon enough. I have seen it at a few BigWs and Myer. Apparently it's 'good value' at $24 but I paid $18.70 at Myer and still think that is overpriced.

millhouse
2nd March 2015, 11:54 PM
I bought the Angry Kitty and Batman set today at Myer. I just wanted the Lego Movie version of Batman.

nexusnixx
3rd March 2015, 12:10 AM
I bought the Angry Kitty and Batman set today at Myer. I just wanted the Lego Movie version of Batman.

U should have gotten them on Sunday. It was 2nd toy at 50% at Myer

Handsprime
3rd March 2015, 12:38 PM
Big w macquarie had the double decker couch. I know cause I grabbed one

millhouse
3rd March 2015, 05:27 PM
U should have gotten them on Sunday. It was 2nd toy at 50% at Myer

Was working Sun 11-5 and only wanted the Batman set anyway, so no big loss.

Defcon
4th March 2015, 04:16 PM
Toys R Us has a special promotion on Lego in the new catalogue.
Buy 1 and get the 2nd for half price.

kovert
5th March 2015, 01:14 PM
Toys R Us Lego deal applies to selected themes only:

City
Creator
Disney
Duplo
Juniors
Star Wars
Super Heroes

ampoldj
8th March 2015, 04:30 PM
Big W now has Ariel Undersea Palace and Frozen Sparkling Tower. They also just got series 13 mini figs

i_amtrunks
8th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Big W now has Ariel Undersea Palace and Frozen Sparkling Tower. They also just got series 13 mini figs

Nab those ice palaces even if you don't want them. Get to them before the scalpers do.

ampoldj
8th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Nab those ice palaces even if you don't want them. Get to them before the scalpers do.

Only 4 left actually, grabbed one for my daughter. big W is just below our unit so i will just observe :D

Sharky
9th March 2015, 07:47 AM
yeah I am worried the frozen palace will get snapped up quickly myself as my wife wants to pick up 3 sets one for our daughter, one for our niece, and one for our god daughter. they all love frozen....like every other little girl...

and nothing out around locally near me yet.

Omega Metro
9th March 2015, 09:34 AM
yeah I am worried the frozen palace will get snapped up quickly myself as my wife wants to pick up 3 sets one for our daughter, one for our niece, and one for our god daughter. they all love frozen....like every other little girl...

and nothing out around locally near me yet.

I have no idea why this 'Frozen' thing is so popular. :confused:

Sharky
9th March 2015, 10:05 AM
I have no idea why this 'Frozen' thing is so popular. :confused:

it appeals to girls, singing, dancing, characters and the movie is cute

ampoldj
9th March 2015, 02:52 PM
it appeals to girls, singing, dancing, characters and the movie is cute

Yeah every birthday party for girls i attended, they all wear either Elsa or Anna. Anyway it is true to grab these as soon as you can if you have someone who really likes it because they are selling these already at gumtree for $65 - $100 each knowing RRP is $49 only (Big W)

DELTAprime
20th March 2015, 07:31 PM
The Big W I work at has some Marvel Lego sets, shoulds be showing up everywhere since we are normally late getting Lego.

76032 The Avengers Quinjet City Chase $118
76038 Attack on Avengers Tower $95
76031 The Hulk Buster Smash $45
76030 Avengers Hydra Showdown $35

No sign of 76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier, 76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron or 76041 The Hydra Fortress Smash tho.

Omega Metro
20th March 2015, 10:14 PM
The Big W I work at has some Marvel Lego sets, shoulds be showing up everywhere since we are normally late getting Lego.

No sign of 76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier, 76029 Iron Man vs. Ultron or 76041 The Hydra Fortress Smash tho.

Yeah, have seen them at Kmart too. And Myer has them online 20% off!😃

Bidoofdude
22nd March 2015, 06:44 PM

Seen anyone of the DC stuff? (Green Lantern vs Sinestro, Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas, etc.)

Omega Metro
22nd March 2015, 09:58 PM
Seen anyone of the DC stuff? (Green Lantern vs Sinestro, Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas, etc.)

Yep, saw those at Kmart.

i_amtrunks
22nd March 2015, 11:25 PM
Saw Pirates and Elves in target too. Avengers stuff was on an end cap. Funny how they've got a worldwide release closer than the DC stuff.

ampoldj
23rd March 2015, 10:17 AM

TRU and Big W here in Canberra has 76029 and 76041...i dont know which store will release the helicarrier though, isnt that exclusive to lego online stores?

Well just need to focus on my daughter's new disney princess set first...sleeping beauty and jasmine already showed up...

STL
23rd March 2015, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the sighting guys! Picked up the Quinjet over the weekend from Myer!

philby
23rd March 2015, 05:46 PM
hi, not exactly sure where to post this, was thinking of buying the lego movie benny spaceship. i used to love that old space style and it looks awesome to me, there was a sale on at a couple of places over the weekend but i decided not to and might wait to see if it comes down again at somepoint.

i just had a look on ebay however since i was curious and saw this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Movie-Bennys-Spaceship-70816-2014-NEW-/301567753238?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item4636d6bc16

it just kind of struck me as a little off, this sells for $150 at retail and about that on ebay, but bidding started at $0.99? it then jumped from $4 to $56. i don't have a massive lot of experience with ebay but if i bid on this do you think there might be something dodgy going on?

Omega Metro
23rd March 2015, 06:20 PM
Bennys Spaceship should be scanning at $90 at BigW from today ;)

i_amtrunks
23rd March 2015, 08:04 PM

That's less than I paid from shopforme! Awesome price for a delightful set.

kovert
23rd March 2015, 10:00 PM

Why the price reduction? :) New stock or clearance?

philby
23rd March 2015, 10:19 PM
thanks for the heads up i'll see if any of the nearby ones have it. any insight to my original question though? :)

kovert
23rd March 2015, 10:32 PM
I've seen many popular items start out at $0.99 and reach close to the RRP of that item. It is always helpful to note the eBay seller's feedback rating. If you think it is too good to be true, best steer clear to avoid disappointment.

LambOfPrimus
30th March 2015, 02:08 PM
Lego Pirates and new Lego Agents sets have started to appear in both Myer and Target. So very tempted... but with new dc and marvel sets also out will have to be selective and wait for toy sales over the school holidays.

Omega Metro
30th March 2015, 03:39 PM
Lego Pirates and new Lego Agents sets have started to appear in both Myer and Target. So very tempted... but with new dc and marvel sets also out will have to be selective and wait for toy sales over the school holidays.

Also at Kmart. The Brick Bounty Pirate ship is $115 compared to $140 every where else.

i_amtrunks
30th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Also at Kmart. The Brick Bounty Pirate ship is $115 compared to $140 every where else.

Good to hear, I was worried that pirates was going to be a target exclusive line.

STL
1st April 2015, 12:02 PM
Myer Melbourne City has Avengers/DC and, more importantly, Ultra Agents sets.

But boy are Lego prices horribly. Screw the hate on Hasbro. Lego are much, much worse.

kovert
6th April 2015, 02:11 PM
Anyone spotted 31031 Creator Rainforest Animals? Supposed to be at Target but none to be found.

philby
15th April 2015, 02:12 PM
i went past toyzone in boronia for the melb people and they had a jabba's palace for about $180 or something. the "controversial" one if anyone is interested. also saw the simpsons house (up on a shelf, didn't see a price) and the lego movie giant pirate ship for $390! at toyworld mountain gate

Krayt
15th April 2015, 02:39 PM
Anyone spotted 31031 Creator Rainforest Animals? Supposed to be at Target but none to be found.

Just found in victoria.... Picked up for the wife

kovert
16th April 2015, 10:21 AM
Just found in victoria.... Picked up for the wife

Suppose I should visit another Target :)

Krayt
19th April 2015, 10:44 PM
Big few days of lego, but not big enough...

Another rainforest animals
UCS Slave 1
Creator Mini Cooper

And damn annoyed I missed a detectives office

**edit**
Whoops... Thought I was in acquisitions.... Most of the above is in Myers, Mini Cooper in TRU too....

philby
23rd April 2015, 12:15 AM
Big few days of lego, but not big enough...

Another rainforest animals
UCS Slave 1
Creator Mini Cooper

And damn annoyed I missed a detectives office

**edit**
Whoops... Thought I was in acquisitions.... Most of the above is in Myers, Mini Cooper in TRU too....

how much is the slave 1?

Omega Metro
23rd April 2015, 06:48 AM
how much is the slave 1?

$239.20 after 20% off I paid for mine.:)

nexusnixx
23rd April 2015, 07:41 PM
$239.20 after 20% off I paid for mine.:)

U should have gotten it at 25% off (if u buy 2) $224.25 :p

UncleStar
8th May 2015, 03:57 AM
Hi i am new here,
nice to meet you all.

just want to ask is the 76023 The Tumbler ever in Australia retail?
thanks everyone

Krayt
8th May 2015, 06:58 AM
Not yet....

As far as timeframes go.... It is a good contender to appear at mid year toy sales, but there has been no news yet.

But if you can't wait, and don't need a sale, it is available from shop@home

Zippo
8th May 2015, 02:56 PM
Appeared in New Zealand in March, local Toyworld had two and sold both on the same day. More in September.

Spotted Simpsons Mini Figures Wave 2 today

UncleStar
9th May 2015, 12:29 AM
cool thank you~

LordCyrusOmega
9th May 2015, 03:25 PM
This may have already been answered but I'm too lazy to look back that far. I know, it's a curse.
When is wave 2 of Bionicle supposed to appear at retail. I've done a google search but cant seem to find it

crankcase76
9th May 2015, 10:13 PM
Spotted Series 2 of the Simpsons minifigures in TRU penrith and Myer, $5.00ea.

ComicGuy89
10th May 2015, 04:48 PM
This may have already been answered but I'm too lazy to look back that far. I know, it's a curse.
When is wave 2 of Bionicle supposed to appear at retail. I've done a google search but cant seem to find it

The Australian dates are unconfirmed, as far as I know, but the current estimated release date worldwide is August.

DELTAprime
11th May 2015, 10:02 PM
Anyone seen 76041 or 76042 from the Avengers line listed at a retailer? I'm trying to avoid ordering from Lego.com.

I know 76042 is listed as an exclusive but given other "exclusives" have shown up at retail I'm guessing this one will too.

UncleStar
11th May 2015, 10:36 PM
i heard 76041 is toysrus exclusive. But i didnt spot any yet.
76042, maybe few months later lol.. noramlly all big sets delay.

BruiseLee
11th May 2015, 10:38 PM
Anyone seen 76041 or 76042 from the Avengers line listed at a retailer? I'm trying to avoid ordering from Lego.com.

I know 76042 is listed as an exclusive but given other "exclusives" have shown up at retail I'm guessing this one will too.

I've seen 76041 at retail. Think this was at TRU and may be a TRU exclusive. Could be harder to find right now as TRU had or are still having that buy 1 get next half off deal for selected lego.

Don't think 76042 has appeared but like you I'm hopeful as that $500 price tag is not awesome no matter what that lego movie song says!

Omega Supreme
12th May 2015, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know when the Jurassic Park sets are due out? I noticed in Targets latest online email offer that they have a JP dino listed, hoping that means the Lego isn't too far off.

Krayt
12th May 2015, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know when the Jurassic Park sets are due out? I noticed in Targets latest online email offer that they have a JP dino listed, hoping that means the Lego isn't too far off.

Apparently some Myers have broken street date, but not sure which ones (Not in Melbourne anyway)

Dkaris
12th May 2015, 10:21 PM
Apparently some Myers have broken street date, but not sure which ones (Not in Melbourne anyway)

They're in our system. according to support theyre due on shelves ~early june.

raptors with cameras on their heads is rrp $80
dilophosaurus is rrp $50
trex is rrp 119
indominous rex is about 170

i_amtrunks
13th May 2015, 06:50 AM
I ordered the dilophosaurus set from amazon, and it will ship to Aus, yet none of the other sets would...

Omega Supreme
13th May 2015, 08:09 AM
Cheers guys, thanks to Dkaris for the price list, have to prepare the wallet for the Indominus set :)

philby
13th May 2015, 06:40 PM
i saw some of the ghostbusters lego sets at david jones chaddy last week, but when I was there today I think they were all gone. so bit of a useless post but there might be a couple hiding behind other sets or something. if anyone was looking for them.

Dkaris
13th May 2015, 07:59 PM
Theres rumour flying that toy sales for both target and big w will be end of june. This is about a month earlier than normal if its true. Chances are it'll be the standard 20% off lego, like for usual toy sales.. so nothing too special.

Something of note though as far as jurassic world sets are concerned, it doesnt look like target are stocking the raptor set 75920. its not in the inventory yet, anyway.

Omega Metro
14th May 2015, 12:28 AM
Ferris Wheel is available now at Lego Shop for VIPs only. Ordered mine!:)

colin78
21st May 2015, 03:47 PM
Big W is the 22 June and Target is 25 July.

Theres rumour flying that toy sales for both target and big w will be end of june. This is about a month earlier than normal if its true. Chances are it'll be the standard 20% off lego, like for usual toy sales.. so nothing too special.

Something of note though as far as jurassic world sets are concerned, it doesnt look like target are stocking the raptor set 75920. its not in the inventory yet, anyway.

Krayt
21st May 2015, 03:50 PM

It's at Myer... but i'd think it's exclusive as it doesn't show on the theme page for JW sets on the Lego website (info, not shop pages)

Akky82
22nd May 2015, 11:43 AM
Did I have a really vivid dream/imagination? Or did anyone else see detectives office on myer's website? I had it in cart with click to collect at chermside but remembered i had $200 of gift vouchers from work so though I'd come in and buy it but none here, not on the site anymore and the staff had no idea what I meant... ^_^;;

Krayt
22nd May 2015, 12:11 PM
was this recent or a couple of weeks ago?

A few weeks ago it hit shelves with the UCS slave 1, but never made it to the website. THis was during the 50% of 2nd item sale they had.

As a result of the timing, and their new ability to go to store A, pay for order from store B, get mailed to you for free... they sold out within hours across the country! (Last check hobart and somewhere in sydney had 4 each, but I never confirmed)

So you may be lucky if you check instore, but most are waiting for a restock

Akky82
22nd May 2015, 12:56 PM
was this recent or a couple of weeks ago?

A few weeks ago it hit shelves with the UCS slave 1, but never made it to the website. THis was during the 50% of 2nd item sale they had.

As a result of the timing, and their new ability to go to store A, pay for order from store B, get mailed to you for free... they sold out within hours across the country! (Last check hobart and somewhere in sydney had 4 each, but I never confirmed)

So you may be lucky if you check instore, but most are waiting for a restock

Damn I didnt know it'd been on shelves yet. It was wednesday when I saw it online, I just got home and checked my history and clicked the page for it and it gives an error now.

Got nothing to do, guess I'll take the bike for a spin around town to have a look.

Kyalrode
23rd May 2015, 03:09 PM
Jurassic world sets big white evil trex base set, trex transport, dilofosaurus attack?, unimog with camera raptors all at Target northland in Preston Vic.

Lint
25th May 2015, 05:38 PM
Damn I didnt know it'd been on shelves yet. It was wednesday when I saw it online, I just got home and checked my history and clicked the page for it and it gives an error now.

Got nothing to do, guess I'll take the bike for a spin around town to have a look.

According to the internets the detective's office did blip online for a bit last week and some lucky people managed to get the order fulfilled. The vast majority however are either in your boat or are on backorder.

I think Myer pulled it from the website because they wanted to retain some stock for the mid year toy sales. It also seems that staff have been instructed to deny existence of any stock.

millhouse
25th May 2015, 05:48 PM
According to the internets the detective's office did blip online for a bit last week and some lucky people managed to get the order fulfilled. The vast majority however are either in your boat or are on backorder.

I think Myer pulled it from the website because they wanted to retain some stock for the mid year toy sales. It also seems that staff have been instructed to deny existence of any stock.

I saw Slave 1 (UCS) on a trolley on the floor (still in the shipping containers with the set number), and called about it on Saturday. Was denied.

Escalation to a manager had a set put aside for me to purchase that day, though I was explicitly told only one (as if I was after more!) and that stock was to be retained for the toy sale.

Golden Phoenix
25th May 2015, 06:43 PM
I saw Slave 1 (UCS) on a trolley on the floor (still in the shipping containers with the set number), and called about it on Saturday. Was denied.

Escalation to a manager had a set put aside for me to purchase that day, though I was explicitly told only one (as if I was after more!) and that stock was to be retained for the toy sale.

I'm guessing that is to ward of scalpers.

Akky82
26th May 2015, 09:31 AM

Wouldnt surprise me, 2 stores i checked both had stock so i was sure the next afternoon i could grab one. I went to more stores but found none, and would've been a bit annoyed if I had of, because then there was 20% off lego on saturday, but maybe thats why the pulled them too. Oh well, we'll see next month. Either that or wair for the cafe/bike shop to go on sale again and buy 3-4 to moc up some buildings in the style of pet shop. I'll be getting one anyway, as this just looks cool (http://www.boxtoy.co/2014/11/lego-bike-shop-cafe-revisited-moc.html?m=1) and I wouldnt mind it next to my restaurant to finish off that end of the block, but I'd prefer it to be just a bike shop and not coffee too so I'll see what I can think up.

Lint
27th May 2015, 10:27 AM
Wouldnt surprise me, 2 stores i checked both had stock so i was sure the next afternoon i could grab one. I went to more stores but found none, and would've been a bit annoyed if I had of, because then there was 20% off lego on saturday, but maybe thats why the pulled them too. Oh well, we'll see next month. Either that or wair for the cafe/bike shop to go on sale again and buy 3-4 to moc up some buildings in the style of pet shop. I'll be getting one anyway, as this just looks cool (http://www.boxtoy.co/2014/11/lego-bike-shop-cafe-revisited-moc.html?m=1) and I wouldnt mind it next to my restaurant to finish off that end of the block, but I'd prefer it to be just a bike shop and not coffee too so I'll see what I can think up.

The bike shop is on clearance at Kmart for $65 I think. There's still a few flapping around in mad Melbourne so I think it won't be hard to find in Brissy?

BruiseLee
30th May 2015, 11:02 AM
For those looking for the Ghostbusters ecto-1, your local David Jones may have them. Saw one at DJ chaddy for $70.

ampoldj
30th May 2015, 06:11 PM

76041 i saw at TRU, 42 i believe is exclusive and haven't seen at any local store

kovert
31st May 2015, 11:39 AM
For those in Brisbane chasing the Ecto 1, it is available at TRU Aspley for $79.99 (RRP is $69.99). Two units as of Thursday but there could be more for the sale. According to the catalogue (starts Wed 3 June) if you have a VIP club card they will sell it to you at retail price ($69.99). :)

ampoldj
3rd June 2015, 07:52 AM
For those in Brisbane chasing the Ecto 1, it is available at TRU Aspley for $79.99 (RRP is $69.99). Two units as of Thursday but there could be more for the sale. According to the catalogue (starts Wed 3 June) if you have a VIP club card they will sell it to you at retail price ($69.99). :)

Whats the difference with the TRU Ecto Van and the one sold ąt Myer? Just saw the catalogue from my email

kovert
3rd June 2015, 12:23 PM
Whats the difference with the TRU Ecto Van and the one sold at Myer? Just saw the catalogue from my email

They are identical! The TRU recommended retail price is higher but not sure why. Didn't think retailers were allowed to do that. Also spotted it yesterday on the David Jones website for $55.99 (20% off).

EDIT: No longer available from DJs online site. Out of stock. That didn't take long.

DELTAprime
4th June 2015, 01:17 PM
I just walked into Big W and found the Avengers Helicarrier on the shelf for $475. Needless to say I grabbed it and made a B line to the registers. Can't wait to build it over the long weekend.

ComicGuy89
4th June 2015, 05:06 PM
I just walked into Big W and found the Avengers Helicarrier on the shelf for $475. Needless to say I grabbed it and made a B line to the registers. Can't wait to build it over the long weekend.

That is the price that was leaked in the Toy Sale catalogue, so there won't be any further discounts. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Paulbot
7th June 2015, 11:18 AM

One on the shelf at Southland Big W too.

kovert
10th June 2015, 07:45 PM
Some new Creator sets have made their way onto shelves.

* 31037 Adventure Vehicles
* 31038 Changing Seasons

Still no Blue Power Jet.

Fungal Infection
13th June 2015, 10:28 PM
New DC and Marvel super hero sets spotted at TRU Bankstown.

i_amtrunks
14th June 2015, 07:26 PM
Blacktown Big W had started moving all their lego to the sales area as well as the toy area. Had post it notes up for the sand crawler, no price though.

Also had one of the new red trains for $225. A little outside my budget at he moment.

In he actual toy section the TF section consists of two pegs of RiD deluxes (Drift, Prime) and one peg of legion class RiD figures. No idea where the Devestator packs are going to go, my guess is on he end of a random aisle.

loophole
15th June 2015, 07:49 AM
At my Big W tthe sandcrawlers have been and gone already!!

DELTAprime
15th June 2015, 09:32 PM
At my Big W tthe sandcrawlers have been and gone already!!

I think that the Helicarrier I got the other week was my Big W's one and only. Not only have they not put another one out, they also took it's spot away and gave it to Lego city stuff. I hope they have more supplies of the big Lego sets coming.

Thorns2010
15th June 2015, 11:00 PM
I think that the Helicarrier I got the other week was my Big W's one and only. Not only have they not put another one out, they also took it's spot away and gave it to Lego city stuff. I hope they have more supplies of the big Lego sets coming.

They come 2 to a box, so I doubt they only got 1. My store got 6 in and we are keeping them out the back until the sale starts.

lee
16th June 2015, 01:17 AM
So no one will sell for retail before sale starts? Just i won't be here for sale and really want to get the Helicarrier before i fly out this Friday.
Just picked up UCS X-Wing from tru today and got my juices flowing for this piece now.

Thorns2010
16th June 2015, 11:32 AM
I can't say for sure what other stores are going to do. As seen in this thread, some Big W stores over East have already put out some of their stock. All I can say is this is the worst managed toy sale in the three years I've been with Big W.

Our store didn't even get to look at the catalogue until yesterday because corporate freaked out about things getting leaked from it.

Kyalrode
16th June 2015, 08:08 PM
At Myer northland in Preston vic, most sets almost %25 off Jurassic world and others

Omega Metro
18th June 2015, 09:02 PM
Picked up the Sandcrawler today from BigW. No need to fight off everyone else on sale day now.

ampoldj
20th June 2015, 11:59 PM
Simpsons series 2 mini figs spotted at my local Big W. Wanted the bartman and so i searched for about 15mins, got one but then one kid drops by and started feeling the figures as well so i asked him what figure is he looking for and said he wants a bartman too, so i gave my find to him and never bought any jn the end. well I will just drop by again tomorrow :D

philby
21st June 2015, 12:39 PM
bit late to the party but I don't suppose anyone has seen the lego movie ice cream van and the old bridge/hover cop car sets?

Defcon
21st June 2015, 03:11 PM
Spotted at one big W, the new Heavy haul cargo train, priced $229. The Creator sets, Changing seasons, and the blue power jet are appearing at several Big W and Kmart stores.

kovert
21st June 2015, 08:32 PM
bit late to the party but I don't suppose anyone has seen the lego movie ice cream van and the old bridge/hover cop car sets?

They are now technically 'retired' sets. However I have spotted the ice cream van set at a couple of Target stores over the past month. You can try Target's online store or eBay shop if online is your preference.

Fungal Infection
22nd June 2015, 04:38 PM
DC Comics Jokerland set has been spotted at Hobbyco in the city for the awesome price of $180!!! :eek:

Omega Metro
22nd June 2015, 05:44 PM
DC Comics Jokerland set has been spotted at Hobbyco in the city for the awesome price of $180!!! :eek:

Or $143.20 from Myer;)

Fungal Infection
22nd June 2015, 07:34 PM
Or $143.20 from Myer;)

If I could only find one from the Myers in my area, it'd be bought on sight at that price.....

philby
25th June 2015, 10:23 AM
They are now technically 'retired' sets. However I have spotted the ice cream van set at a couple of Target stores over the past month. You can try Target's online store or eBay shop if online is your preference.

ok thanks!

millhouse
25th June 2015, 10:58 AM
Got Jokerland on sale at Myer but it's also available at Big W for $169.

Agent 86
1st July 2015, 03:35 PM
I'm new to collecting Lego, the Modular buildings in particular.

I understand that up until December 2014, the Lego Modular Grand Emporium (10211) and Town Hall (10224) were somewhat widely available in stores in Australia.

Is there any chance that someone knows of any smaller retail stores which may still have stock?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

twincobra
1st July 2015, 10:00 PM
Your best bet would be lego.com I would presume? You get free shipping plus money back from the VIP reward program.

Edit: Just realised they are long gone from there. :(

Omega Metro
2nd July 2015, 12:05 AM
I'm new to collecting Lego, the Modular buildings in particular.

I understand that up until December 2014, the Lego Modular Grand Emporium (10211) and Town Hall (10224) were somewhat widely available in stores in Australia.

Is there any chance that someone knows of any smaller retail stores which may still have stock?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Unfortunately prices for those 2 (now retired) sets are rising quickly. You would be extremely lucky to find either of those for under $500 now. Parisian, Petshop, Palace Cinema and Detectives Office are the only ones kinda available still.

Agent 86
2nd July 2015, 08:14 AM
Thanks Omega Metro.

Yes, that's what I have found. I had hoped that someone might know of a smaller retailer which still had stock on shelves, even if it was a bit above RRP. But, $500+ for a single Modular is well beyond my means.

I'll just have to hope that one day I get lucky with a second-hand/loose set for an affordable price. Or maybe there is a "Dummies Guide to Bricklink" because when I looked on there to figure out how to buy alternate parts to build some of the much older sets (e.g. Fire Brigade and Green Grocer) I had absolutely no idea what I was doing!

Defcon
11th July 2015, 07:12 PM
At Target, there is a Lego city set from the Swamp police series. Its got a Hovercraft and some sort of Half track vehicle. Interesting, I'm glad this set has finally been released. Now just to wait for a sale, hopefully.

Agent 86
13th July 2015, 01:01 PM
@ Defcon - Target has 20% off all "City" (and Star Wars) Lego as part of their sale which starts on 17/07 online and 22/07 in stores.

If you sign up, you can view their catalogue now.

Lint
20th July 2015, 11:01 AM
Ugh not really a sighting but I saw an assortment of those LEGO encyclopedia books in Epping Big W's drop zone last night (the ones with exclusive minifigures packed in) discounted to $10. However every single minifigure was expertly removed from EVERY book. The sheer quantity of these discounted books (about 15 or so) and the lack of damage makes me suspect that this wasn't a result of petty theft but the work of someone working at the store who then has the gall to re-price and flog off these books in the drop zone.

i_amtrunks
20th July 2015, 11:06 AM
Ugh not really a sighting but I saw an assortment of those LEGO encyclopedia books in Epping Big W's drop zone last night (the ones with exclusive minifigures packed in) discounted to $10. However every single minifigure was expertly removed from EVERY book. The sheer quantity of these discounted books (about 15 or so) and the lack of damage makes me suspect that this wasn't a result of petty theft but the work of someone working at the store who then has the gall to re-price and flog off these books in the drop zone.

Check the inside covers, at some stores the staff do remove the figures for "security reasons" but there are sometimes slips or stickers inside saying that they are available to be picked up at the Sound and Vision counter.

davieanix
29th July 2015, 12:09 AM
Is the Ant Man set out anywhere except the Lego shop online?

WolfenBaz
29th July 2015, 10:17 AM
It's not being released at Australian retail apparently.

davieanix
29th July 2015, 11:08 AM
Booooo. Thanks dude

ComicGuy89
30th July 2015, 09:48 PM
The lack of Ant-Man is a bit of a disappointment. That means it just isn't worth it getting this set without spending a hefty fee.

kovert
4th August 2015, 07:46 AM
Is it limited 1 per customer on LEGO online shop? You can try a group buy.

Dimi194
7th August 2015, 07:51 PM
Anyone seen the 'Summer' BIONICLE Wave? I know the first wave was almost a month late to appear on shelves :(

ComicGuy89
7th August 2015, 09:05 PM
Anyone seen the 'Summer' BIONICLE Wave? I know the first wave was almost a month late to appear on shelves :(

The local online stores like Outer Rim (http://www.outerrimtradingco.com.au/content/ort-productlist.asp?name=LEGO-BIONICLE) have yet to have them. I haven't checked stores personally, but Myer seems to have them in the system yet, so I think we'll see them soon. It could be possible we'll get a month delay like the Winter wave.

Sutton
14th August 2015, 09:58 PM
http://jaysbrickblog.com/2015/08/12/new-lego-city-ninjago-star-wars-and-minecraft-sets-available-at-kmart-australia/

Aaaaw hells yeah...been hanging out for that new Shuttle Tydirium...

valkyrie_76
14th August 2015, 10:17 PM
http://jaysbrickblog.com/2015/08/12/new-lego-city-ninjago-star-wars-and-minecraft-sets-available-at-kmart-australia/

Aaaaw hells yeah...been hanging out for that new Shuttle Tydirium...

Spotted that in Big W Wanbro last weekend. Was tempted but the price seems a little high.

SMHFConvoy
14th August 2015, 11:16 PM

If your talking about the bad guy wave I saw them at kmart parra this morning

i_amtrunks
15th August 2015, 09:53 AM
Big W in Plumpton was putting out all the mid year releases of city (deep sea subs and space sets) friends and ninjago. Didn't see any licensed sets on he pallets they were unpacking into the much larger lego section but I'm sure they will be there.

Just wish stores would restock the batman sets!

Dimi194
16th August 2015, 08:43 PM
If your talking about the bad guy wave I saw them at kmart parra this morning

Ooh thanks! That's a good sign :)

Sharky
18th August 2015, 01:03 PM
Myer CBD Sydney has stocked up on all the new stuff, Space DeepSea Friends Bionicle and Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart ($329)

Defcon
19th August 2015, 05:38 PM
Toys R Us online has the Deep Sea Operations Base for $129, and Ninjago City of Stiix for $179.

Big W, Kmart, David Jones at Garden City have the new City Deep Sea, and Space sets.

The City Square is $198, Kmart $199, David Jones $249, Toys R Us $249. Does anyone know Target's Price yet?

BruiseLee
19th August 2015, 07:09 PM
Toys R Us online has the Deep Sea Operations Base for $129, and Ninjago City of Stiix for $179.

Big W, Kmart, David Jones at Garden City have the new City Deep Sea, and Space sets.

The City Square is $198, Kmart $199, David Jones $249, Toys R Us $249. Does anyone know Target's Price yet?

Target will usually be the same as TRU which is the online Lego Store RRP.

Defcon
21st August 2015, 03:17 PM
Target will usually be the same as TRU which is the online Lego Store RRP.

Yeah that is what I thought as well, but checked today they have it at $229
I would say Myer has it at $249

Defcon
21st August 2015, 03:26 PM
Checked instore at TRU the Deep Sea operations base is $149, I'm not sure but I thought it was $129 on the online store.

Myer, TRU , and Target all have the new season Lego.
Target has the Simpsons Quickie Mart for $329

Handsprime
25th August 2015, 04:39 PM
Kwik-e-mart found at toymate baulkham hills for $330

DELTAprime
28th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but that big $250 Lego-like stadium that Big W had last year for the toy sale is now $50. I had one come through my register today and was surprised to see that huge of a box of Lego-like bricks for $50.

Handsprime
31st August 2015, 05:41 PM
Lego Town Square found at Kmart Hornsby for $199. Might wait till it's on sale then I'll pick one up.
Always wanted that tram :D

Lint
1st September 2015, 04:53 PM
Some of the LEGO Agents stuff has gone half-price online @ Target. I've ordered the 70165 Agents HQ Truck myself. There's a click & collect option so its a pretty good deal.

STL
1st September 2015, 07:22 PM
Some of the LEGO Agents stuff has gone half-price online @ Target. I've ordered the 70165 Agents HQ Truck myself. There's a click & collect option so its a pretty good deal.

Haha, beat me to it. I missed out on the truck tho. What price was that at? Real shame

Lint
1st September 2015, 08:25 PM
Haha, beat me to it. I missed out on the truck tho. What price was that at? Real shame

Kmart still has em kickin around for $99, but that is no $64.

Mr_K
4th September 2015, 07:01 AM
Toys r us mount gravatt last night was very disappointing. Not many of the new star wars sets (I'm talking variety not quantity), and none of the contraction sets (which is what I was after). Target has some of the contraction sets online, waiting to see shopforme prices today before ordering.

Kmart as a lot on their site (new large sets), contractions are coming soon there.

Big W had new ones listed online last night at 1am, no pics and couldn't purchase - looks like they've all been removed now.