PDA

View Full Version : You guys bought everything...

autobreadticon
4th February 2008, 11:16 AM
Is it just me or stores across melbourne have been dry of transformers, most stores have either cyber slammers, bubble bath transformers and lots of real gear?

Anyone know when new stuff is coming in?

This thead should cover whats on every1s mind

liegeprime
4th February 2008, 01:06 PM
its you... nah... there is a bit of a dryspell from all stores when it comes to TFs. A lot of the things you will find are "merchandise". Most of the figures now are either the hard to sell, non moving and just plain eeewww TF related wise... a few occasional straglers here and there but generally none significant. The same situation is happening here in NSW so don't despair. :D

Paulbot
4th February 2008, 01:50 PM
It's not as bad as the great drought of 1996... :)

I wonder if there's been an official tally of what the most popular toys were at Christmas? I remember there were reports of what the kids were asking for, but I wonder if the retailers list what actually sold? Transformers must have been among the biggest movers.

klystron
4th February 2008, 04:04 PM
dunno. dont think they would have moved that much over xmas --
shops had nothing during the lead up to xmas, nothing over xmas, and still nothing after xmas!

jaydisc
4th February 2008, 04:06 PM
shops had nothing during the lead up to xmas, nothing over xmas, and still nothing after xmas!

I don't think this is true, and my collection would agree. You just had to be at the right place at the right time. Nothing lasted for long.

Saintly
5th February 2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think this is true, and my collection would agree. You just had to be at the right place at the right time. Nothing lasted for long.

very true, very true~

kup
5th February 2008, 12:01 PM
I think that the drought is largely due to Hasbro Australia's crapstacular distribution and stocking of toys.

Even at the high peak of the movie, the figures were still very hard to come by. Many of us here would not have gotten some of them such as Voyager Ironhide if we had not helped each other out.

Hasbro Australia seemed to have either put a higher priority on merchandize rather than figures as more than half of the TF section in stores were all merchandize. Sometimes I wonder if Hasbro is actually run by people who either suffer from amnesia and lost complete connection to their childhoods or never had any at all from the decisions they make.
________
Fisting Double (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/565/double/videos/1)

griffin
5th February 2008, 12:19 PM
There is definitely a TFs drought in Aus at the moment, which I bet affected sales figures in the lead up to christmas. They would have been number one last year, if it weren't for the supply problems.
And us collectors suffer most, as we have a harder time finding all the figures we are after, and are less likely to have sales on TFs if the stores don't think they will have any stock for a sale.

griffin
5th February 2008, 01:37 PM
I sent an email to Hasbro to see if the lack of stock is an AU decision or a US decision, and when can we see a more reliable availability of product here.
They only reply to about one out of 3 or 4 of my queries, so if I get a reply, I'll post it here.
They are a business after all, so there are certain things they just can't say publically.

jaydisc
5th February 2008, 03:54 PM
What address do you write to Griffin?

Saintly
5th February 2008, 04:14 PM
What address do you write to Griffin?

Hasbro's address is...

570 Blaxland Road, Eastwood NSW
Consumer Enquiries - 1300 138 697

info courtesy of Whitepages

jaydisc
5th February 2008, 04:16 PM
Griffin said email, which is more what I'm after. I hate paper.

GoktimusPrime
5th February 2008, 07:19 PM
custservau@hasbro.com

Found it after Googling Hasbro Australia :)

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=australia

jaydisc
5th February 2008, 07:32 PM
OK guys. Congratulations on your 1337 whitepages and google skills, but I really want to know from Griffin, what email address Griffin writes to from which he gets responses from :)

response courtesy of me

roller
5th February 2008, 07:56 PM
i dont understand the title of this topic 'you guys brought everything'

where did we bring it to?

Thanatos
5th February 2008, 09:47 PM
15 posts and finally someone else pointed out the mistake in the thread title, either that or we finally found someone who wasn't "too polite" to point it out :P

Top work roller

kup
5th February 2008, 10:04 PM
15 posts and finally someone else pointed out the mistake in the thread title, either that or we finally found someone who wasn't "too polite" to point it out :P

Top work roller

lol All this time I had read it as 'bought!' I am surprised that I may not be the only one!
________
Honda cbr600f specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F)

griffin
6th February 2008, 03:17 AM
Like Goktimus said, custservau@Hasbro.com

jaydisc
6th February 2008, 07:25 AM
Tanks!

Saintly
6th February 2008, 09:20 AM
lol All this time I had read it as 'bought!' I am surprised that I may not be the only one!

+1!! I did look at it.. but didn't think much of it :/

STL
6th February 2008, 10:17 AM
I'll be sending an e-mail too in regard to the topic.

autobreadticon
6th February 2008, 05:51 PM
i dunt get whats going on :eek:

Paulbot
6th February 2008, 09:40 PM
The thread's been updated from "brought" (as in past tense of bring) to "bought" (as in past tense of buy). Minor typo on your part Autobreadticon. :)