PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Comic #4 (movie spoilers)

griffin
26th March 2009, 03:04 PM
The fourth and final issue of the bridging comic 'Alliance' has been released, and reveals some plot elements for the Movie itself.

- The company McClaren Robotics is a government front/cover for arriving at Transformers battle scenes and cleaning up any evidence of an alien presense at the scene. The only previous mention of McClaren Robotics was that actor Steve Tom was cast as McClaren Robotics CEO.
- An AllSpark fragment is seen in a government storage facility. The storage containment unit looks very much like the containment unit seen in promo pictures.
- In the issue, the Autobots discover that several Autobots have received the beacon call Optimus made at the end of the first movie. Five new Transformers are revealed in their vehicle modes: the Centennial Corvette (Sideswipe), three motorcycles (the Arcee bikes), and the Ice Cream truck.
- On the final page, the Autobots and human allies are in a dark command center as Optimus calls for the team to head out to Shanghai. Seen on the monitor is Demolishor. Although not all details can be made out due to the room being dark, one can clearly see Sideswipe and two of the motorcycles in their individual robot modes.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/revenge-of-the-fallen-movie-spoilers-from-alliance-4-167147/

That confirms certain characters, and where the Movie will probably start from.

For those who haven't been following the IDW Movie Comics,
- 'Reign of Starscream' follows on from TF1
- 'Alliance' leads into TF2
- 'Defiance' is the historical flashback/backstory of the start of the war in the Movie Universe, that TF2 will probably be covering (with the 'new' Megatron) in their flashbacks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, or left out anything.

kup
27th March 2009, 02:59 PM
Too bad it seems impossible to get the Alliance comics. Hell I have had a bad time just trying to secure a copy of Reign of Starscream TPB.

griffin
28th March 2009, 03:42 PM
Just looked at the 5-page preview here
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0903/19/idwfirsts.htm

and noticed an error with the 2 Decepticon cars. The purple one is Jold, the red one is Dead End, and yet the red one is calling the purple one 'Dead End'.
Maybe doesn't matter, if those 2 are 'contained' before the movie starts, and we won't even see them on screen.

Still not really happy about a movie that needs a hard to get comic, to follow it completely. The first Movie made more sense with the lead-in comic, so I fear that those who don't read Alliance (and maybe even Reign of Starscream) won't pick up on things in the second movie that are introduced in the comics.

Autocon
28th March 2009, 04:56 PM
Just looked at the 5-page preview here
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0903/19/idwfirsts.htm

and noticed an error with the 2 Decepticon cars. The purple one is Jold, the red one is Dead End, and yet the red one is calling the purple one 'Dead End'.
Maybe doesn't matter, if those 2 are 'contained' before the movie starts, and we won't even see them on screen.

Still not really happy about a movie that needs a hard to get comic, to follow it completely. The first Movie made more sense with the lead-in comic, so I fear that those who don't read Alliance (and maybe even Reign of Starscream) won't pick up on things in the second movie that are introduced in the comics.

no that was meant to be. they didnt want people getting confused with decepticon jolt and autobot jolt so they changed the name to dead end

hard to get: order at comic store? its what i did

FFN
29th March 2009, 06:05 PM
As Autocon said, the purple car was Jolt, renamed Dead End so as to not be confused with the Autobot Jolt. Red car is Swindle.

I doubt that you need to read the comics to understand the movie itself, since the comics were written based around a version of the script IDW was provided, and the movie writers had nothing to do with the comics. Basically, they probably just took stuff already in the script and expanded upon it for us nerds who care about such things.

We already know Megatron will show up in the present in that ROTF body. Bay is just trying to salvage whatever surprise (if any) Megatron's reappearance would bring to ROTF. Megatron's new body does not actually appear inside the pages of Defiance, it only (sort of) appears on the B covers by movie artist Josh Nizzi, and even then IDW and Paramount have gone to lengths to hide it.

Originally, the cover of Defiance issue 3 was to show a full-body image of ROTF Megatron, but the published cover was redrawn to show the original Megatron body.