PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 of Animated airing Saturday mornings

Firecracker
28th March 2009, 08:34 AM
Just switched on channel ten this morning, 7:30am. First episode.

optimus1
28th March 2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah I was surprised about that this morning.
But is it jus me or did it go for a lot shorter than a normal episode should have?
Still though was good to finally see the new characters in action (I havnt seen any on YouTube)

Paulbot
28th March 2009, 10:23 AM
That's quite amazing news! :)

If it's like the previous screenings on channel 10 it may have been edited down to fit in more commercials.

griffin
28th March 2009, 12:11 PM
Season 3? Really? According to Hasbro at the Toyfair, we weren't supposed to get them until spring, and second season was supposed to be on a repeat schedule at the moment.
It means we are only like 5 episodes behind the Americans. Pity about having Ch 10 cutting bits out like usual.

Tabias Prime
28th March 2009, 12:39 PM
i just watch it on youtube...it may look a bit grainy but at least i get to watch it all...

Firecracker
28th March 2009, 01:36 PM
I usually download the American airings too for the very reason I can't stand the butchering it gets here. I am glad it's airing though, will keep the brand name alive up until the movie hits.

Tabias Prime
28th March 2009, 02:08 PM
if anyone what to watch the full episodes,heres a link.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Fanoftransformers101&view=videos

i_amtrunks
30th March 2009, 11:24 AM
Season 3? Really? According to Hasbro at the Toyfair, we weren't supposed to get them until spring, and second season was supposed to be on a repeat schedule at the moment.
It means we are only like 5 episodes behind the Americans. Pity about having Ch 10 cutting bits out like usual.

What's more is that Channel 10 is airing episodes before CN, who are the creators of the show.... that does not make sense to me. Someone on Seibertron mentioned that 10 is cutting each episode in half (don't know how bad they are also 'editing' them) so there is only 10 minutes of an episode on per weekend...

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2009, 11:40 AM
That's ridiculous. Can't Hasbro do anything about Channel 10 butchering the eps that badly? At this rate they're more like extended episode previews rather than a proper broadcast. The entire point of making the episodes 20 minutes long is to give 10 minutes for ad breaks anyway, so by cutting that in half doesn't that mean that they're broadcasting 20 minutes of commercials?!? (o_O)

I think it reflects really poorly on the franchise and the show would fail to adequately engage a lot of kids thus effecting its performance to market the toyline. So if I were Hasbro I wouldn't be happy about Channel 10 butchering the episodes that extensively. What's the point of giving the licence to Ten to air the eps if they're just gonna air bits of them? GGRRR!

kup
30th March 2009, 12:30 PM
That's ridiculous. Can't Hasbro do anything about Channel 10 butchering the eps that badly? At this rate they're more like extended episode previews rather than a proper broadcast. The entire point of making the episodes 20 minutes long is to give 10 minutes for ad breaks anyway, so by cutting that in half doesn't that mean that they're broadcasting 20 minutes of commercials?!? (o_O)

I think it reflects really poorly on the franchise and the show would fail to adequately engage a lot of kids thus effecting its performance to market the toyline. So if I were Hasbro I wouldn't be happy about Channel 10 butchering the episodes that extensively. What's the point of giving the licence to Ten to air the eps if they're just gonna air bits of them? GGRRR!

Australian TV always butchers everything that isn't a soap opera or reality TV show. I simply don't care about watching anything local. I go directly to the net otherwise I risk butchered episodes, episodes not in order or a season being cut midway through in favor of some dumb crap and then resuming at some ridiculous time about 6 months later.

You can't watch anything in Australian free to Air TV without hassles unless its Sports, Reality TV, a soap or a lifestyle show.

Australia still ranks as the worse Free to Air TV I have ever seen in any Western nation.

jacksplatt11
30th March 2009, 12:38 PM
You can't watch anything in Australian free to Air TV without hassles unless its Sports...

Hahahaha, that's a joke right??

kup
30th March 2009, 01:11 PM
Hahahaha, that's a joke right??

So there are hassles with sports too? I just figured that was the only thing free to air didn't screw up.

Wheel-J
11th April 2009, 09:54 PM
Well probably it's just me and my morning fuzziness, but when I woke up that early today, I didn't see the show. Has anybody watched it today?

griffin
12th April 2009, 11:45 PM
The golf was on, and when that is on, everything else takes a back seat. :(

Wheel-J
28th May 2009, 10:19 PM
This Saturday it will be shown at 8:10am to give way for Tamagotchi Movie according to ten's program schedule.

orionpax1
30th May 2009, 08:43 AM
Just saw the last episode and boy what a crappy ending. You can tell they were told to wrap it up as a lot of things are left unanswered everything just felt rushed. But overall i really enjoyed this series ( didnt really like it at first due to the animation, typical cartoon network style) wished it couls of gone longer which might be a possibility due to they way it ended. Just hope the next series will have better animation not too toony, but i did hear somewhere a while ago they were thinking of making a series based on the characters styles from the live action movies which i hope they dont do.

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2009, 11:01 AM
I'd like to see a series inspired by the movie rather than based on it (because the latter requires continuity maintenance and invites higher scrutiny). A lot of other similar franchises have seen good series inspired by movies, e.g.: Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men etc.

SMHFConvoy
30th May 2009, 04:41 PM
A lot of other similar franchises have seen good series inspired by movies, e.g.: Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men etc.

But in the case of Batman Brave and the Bold it's kind of the opposite. The Dark Knight was really, well dark. Where as Brave and the Bold is light and more influenced by the Adam West Batman show and the Silver Age comics. Bats is the straight man with occasional one-liner, "The hammers of justice are unisex!"

In the case of Spectacular Spiderman it's more of an Ultimate Spidey influence Peter's in high school and Eddie Brock is a college student.

You're closer to the mark with the Xmen series and a better example still is the new Iron Man Armored adventures, which borrows heavily from the movie and comics. Unfortunately Obadiah Stane gets reduced to being some sort of moustache twirling villain. Fortunately the other villains are quite good, Whiplash for example.