PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Ebay:Difficult seller

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 11:26 AM
I recently won this auction for a bag on Ebay. The seller used stock photos for the item and now, before making any transaction, I am making a simple request of having some actual pictures taken of the item to confirm that a) it exists b) is not fake and c) is not a different item. This seller is very difficult and says it wastes his "staffs" time etc etc and doesn't want to comply. I'm surprised by this behavior as most sellers I've dealt with on Ebay are happy to provide more pictures of their listed items.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!:)

TheDirtyDigger
4th February 2008, 11:53 AM
Persist in your request.

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 12:57 PM
Persist in your request.

currently doing so. This person is difficult!! He uses a ton of excuses, the biggest one is hilarious "I operate a huge warehouse with six accounts etc etc and don't have time to take pictures because of time constraints". As a seller, customer satisfaction is always a must.

I don't understand why he doesn't want to email me pictures (other sellers are happy to comply when using stock photos)?

Saintly
4th February 2008, 01:00 PM
I don't understand why he doesn't want to email me pictures (other sellers are happy to comply when using stock photos)?

perhaps something to hide. suggest checking out his feedback (even if it is at-times rigged)

report him to ebay for not wanting to comply

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 01:15 PM
perhaps something to hide. suggest checking out his feedback (even if it is at-times rigged)

report him to ebay for not wanting to comply

I think he is hiding something. The reason I need pics is his feedback is kinda low 98%. Most negative feedback have the buyers stating "beware".

kup
4th February 2008, 02:21 PM
Is he Wheeljackslab? Sounds like him.
________
Miyoshi plant (mazda) picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Miyoshi_Plant_(Mazda))

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 03:04 PM
Is he Wheeljackslab? Sounds like him.

nah. Name is Davidz-stuff.

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 03:14 PM
This sellers a pain. Been exchanging emails with him since 12pm. I don't understand why he doesn't want to send actual pictures. Its a very simple request.

Adzma
4th February 2008, 05:21 PM
Keep pressing him. Tell him you won't pay if he doesn't send you pictures of the actual item. If he tries to report you to eBay you can explain the situation and send them copies of his emails and whatnot.

Soundwarp
4th February 2008, 05:34 PM
Well if you've allready bought it from other pics i'm siding with the seller. If you wanted pics you should have asked before buying. Because by you buying it no one else can.

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 05:50 PM
Keep pressing him. Tell him you won't pay if he doesn't send you pictures of the actual item. If he tries to report you to eBay you can explain the situation and send them copies of his emails and whatnot.

presently doing this. However, he's also using threats of withdrawing the sale.

6gyrating_gynoid9
4th February 2008, 05:53 PM
Well if you've allready bought it from other pics i'm siding with the seller. If you wanted pics you should have asked before buying. Because by you buying it no one else can.

yes, I've bought the item. Requested pictures before auction ended and before buying. Seller declined and did not respond further. Responded only after auction ended.

I understand completely the buying policy.

Saintly
5th February 2008, 11:30 AM
just report him :) shall i do it? :P

kup
5th February 2008, 12:07 PM
If you have already bought the item then by contract you have to pay it. The seller is in the right here. You should have requested pics before commiting to buying it.
________
Ferrari 166 s specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_166_S)

6gyrating_gynoid9
6th February 2008, 12:20 AM
just report him :) shall i do it? :P

I already did. Sadly, Ebay told me there's little they can do about my situation. I have to resolve this with the seller.

I got hold of his mobile number from ebay customer support. He doesn't answer it.

6gyrating_gynoid9
6th February 2008, 12:31 AM
If you have already bought the item then by contract you have to pay it. The seller is in the right here. You should have requested pics before commiting to buying it.

I know. I have requested countless times from this seller, actual pictures, even before the auction ended. For some reason he got angry and stated that the pictures he had up, were in fact from another ebay seller where he obtained the item.

I actually thought he would send me actual pictures after the auction ended (Most sellers I have dealt with, that have only stock pictures, will do this if requested). I guess I am at fault as well.

I am a little puzzled as to why he doesn't want to send a couple of pictures though (time constraints is never an issue with a customer i.e customer satisfaction).

Thanatos
6th February 2008, 12:43 AM
With my retail experience, customer satisfaction is not number 1 priority for someone running an online business. If he's willing to ship overseas, he has an open market of millions of people, unlike the usual corner shop manager who needs the constant buyers, the repeat buyers.

Chances are he is busy but that doesn't mean you're in the wrong at all. Basically, if he is too busy, he should take the time aside to say "this is the problem I'm having with time constraints, please be patient" rather than a flat out refusal. Hell I had an item that wasn't posted for a month after the auction ended and the payment was made. Left them a negative feedback I certainly did.

Either way you're up s#!+ creek without a paddle. You have to pay for it now due to the legally binding contract that is ebay. Best of luck man.

6gyrating_gynoid9
7th February 2008, 09:08 PM
Well, today I paid for the item. Hopefully I get the exact one displayed on the auction. Ebay customer support told me if I didn't follow through with the transaction, I could get a strike or negative feedback on my account. Wouldn't want that to happen.

Saintly
7th February 2008, 09:12 PM
good luck to u dude... i'm hoping that i don't get a KO with my recent purchase

6gyrating_gynoid9
7th February 2008, 11:53 PM
good luck to u dude... i'm hoping that i don't get a KO with my recent purchase

same to you bro

Tiby
9th February 2008, 12:29 AM
The contract also includes an expectation that you will get what was described. If the picture was used to describe the item, even if it was not a picture of the actual item, the item you receive must be essentially the same or there is a breach of contract.

I can't stand sellers like this, and ebay could not care less - it exists to make millions out of us, not to help out. I believe there was an ebay policy that the picture must be of the actual item, so ebay should hve done something.

Make sure you save a copy of the web page to make sure he does not remove the picture and then you cannot prove what your item should have been. There are a number of sellers who photobucket their pics and then remove them as soon as the sale happened, so you can't check back in your ebay items won page.

Whenever I am suspicious I save a copy of the web page.