PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne International Comedy Festival

Eruntalon
31st March 2009, 11:10 PM
Officially Starts Tomorrow until 26 April.

Since I've never been to any of the festivals acts in previous years I'm very excited to say that I've already bought a few tickets - Tim Minchin, Sam Simmons, Pablo Francisco. I'm currently working out how I can organize a night where my classmates and I can go to one of the Faulty Towers shows.

Who else is going to be witnessing the spendor that is stand-up comedy
this coming month?

roller
31st March 2009, 11:12 PM
Tim Munchkin aint funny

blackie
31st March 2009, 11:16 PM
i got a ticket to GNW for valentines day from my girlfriend so im going to that
and there is this one guy, i think hes called the economically conscientious comedian or something simmilar, and you can go, pay the entry fee, ($25 i think) and you get a parma, a pot, and a comedian. only problem is its first come first in, tickets are at the door. search parma on the MICF site to find out details :D

Golden Phoenix
31st March 2009, 11:37 PM
i got a ticket to GNW for valentines day from my girlfriend so im going to that
and there is this one guy, i think hes called the economically conscientious comedian or something simmilar, and you can go, pay the entry fee, ($25 i think) and you get a parma, a pot, and a comedian. only problem is its first come first in, tickets are at the door. search parma on the MICF site to find out details :D

Same here.
Got tickets for me and 5 friends for GNW

Economically Viable Comedian (comes with free chicken parma and a pot) (http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season/2009/show/commercially-viable-comedian-comes-with-free-chicken-parma-and-a-pot/) is tickets only at the door ($14 full and $10 Concession or on Tuesdays)
I wouldn't mind going to one. Looks alright. Even if he sucks, $10 for a parma and a pot is still pretty good value

blackie
31st March 2009, 11:40 PM
Same here.
Got tickets for me and 5 friends for GNW

Economically Viable Comedian (comes with free chicken parma and a pot) (http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season/2009/show/commercially-viable-comedian-comes-with-free-chicken-parma-and-a-pot/) is tickets only at the door ($14 full and $10 Concession or on Tuesdays)
I wouldn't mind going to one. Looks alright. Even if he sucks, $10 for a parma and a pot is still pretty good value

twas my thinking too :P
might hit the joint up one night im not working

Fungal Infection
1st April 2009, 08:41 AM
They need to get Dave Chappelle out - I'd prostitute myself just for tickets!! :p

i_amtrunks
1st April 2009, 09:08 AM
Saving my moolah to grab Ross Noble tickets instead.

Paulbot
1st April 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm seeing both Good News Week shows (they are great live), Mark Watson and Judith Lucy this year.

Bartrim
1st April 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm seeing Pablo Francisco when he comes to Sydney. I have his Comedy Central Presents routine on tape. It's freakin hilarious :D

STL
2nd April 2009, 11:11 PM
I'm going to a few. not sure which but i know mates and missus have booked a few between them that i'm going to anyway. The act i always remember is danny boy. hilarious

Paulbot
18th April 2009, 09:28 PM
I went to the taping of two episodes of Good News Week today. And didn't realise till I got home that GoldenPhoenix was at the same show. It was really good, the second show funnier over all, but Jason Byrne who was in the first show was the highlight for me. Judith Lucy's show last week was good too, and Mark Watson was great but his show was too short, I wanted another hour.

blackie
18th April 2009, 10:14 PM
i was there too :P
i liked the one i went to (the second one)
but the canadian man spoke to much and i didnt get enough of Mr Amos :(

Paulbot
21st April 2009, 09:53 AM
Did those that went to the second Good News Week show watch the first one on TV last night? They left in the most outrageous adult joke of that show which I didn't think they would make it to air. :eek:

i_amtrunks
21st April 2009, 11:22 AM
Did those that went to the second Good News Week show watch the first one on TV last night? They left in the most outrageous adult joke of that show which I didn't think they would make it to air. :eek:

Did it relate to the helicopter mime at all?

Paulbot
21st April 2009, 01:53 PM
Did it relate to the helicopter mime at all?

Yes but how to put it tastefully on an all ages forum... :confused:

The "prop" Paul McDermott used at the end of his contribution to the mime answered a common question about that act he was miming.

i_amtrunks
21st April 2009, 03:14 PM
Yes but how to put it tastefully on an all ages forum... :confused:

The "prop" Paul McDermott used at the end of his contribution to the mime answered a common question about that act he was miming.

I thought he made that fairly obvious through his own miming at the end... or was this even more graphic than his imitation of a footy player who has just removed his mouth guard?

Golden Phoenix
21st April 2009, 10:29 PM

I saw that.
If they left that in, I can't imaging what they left out. Based on that, it would probably make the South Park guys go damn!

I'm interested to see what they leave in on the second show. I thought a lot would have been cut, but based on that first ep, I'm thinking a fair chuck will still be there

joy ^_^

jacksplatt11
23rd April 2009, 10:39 AM
I saw James Galea last night, was awesome

k.wong23
27th April 2009, 08:09 PM
Went to a taping of thank god your here a couple weeks back for the new series with dave hughes, rebel wilson, angus samson and jordan ristopolus i think it was, they were all awesome!

also saw reginal d hunter last night at the town hall and he was a crack up too:D

jacksplatt11
27th April 2009, 10:05 PM
Went to a taping of thank god your here a couple weeks back for the new series with dave hughes, rebel wilson, angus samson and jordan ristopolus i think it was, they were all awesome!

Isn't that live? or has it always been taped

i_amtrunks
28th April 2009, 10:02 AM
Isn't that live? or has it always been taped
Taped in front of a live audience so they have episodes in the pipeline. I think Channel 7 has a month of shows already..

k.wong23
29th April 2009, 11:33 AM
yup trunks is right

Bartrim
1st May 2009, 09:25 PM
Saw Pablo Francisco last night. Absolutely loved it. Only bad thing was a couple of drunk yuppie chics in front of me that were way too loud.

blackie
4th May 2009, 08:42 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
they didnt show the one i went to at all :(

Golden Phoenix
4th May 2009, 10:04 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
they didnt show the one i went to at all :(

Last week was the biggest loser final, so they didn't show it.
Although based on how much they would have had to cut out, they probably didn't have enough to show anyway XP

blackie
4th May 2009, 10:07 PM
the missus said something about it being shown in july.. but i do agree, a lot would need to be cut out :P

Bartrim
6th May 2009, 12:50 PM
Forgot to mention that Pablo Francisco mentioned Transformers in his act.

He was mocking ridiculous over the top excercise equipment saying that when you are on them they look like transformers trying to transform. He then proceeded to mimic the actions while doing a very good impression of Optimus Prime.:D

blackie
6th May 2009, 04:58 PM
WH00t
got tickets to the finale of Thank God your here :D