PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Jetfire

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2009, 09:39 AM
According to news from Hobby-Toy-Web (http://kent3583.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/02/foo-b.html) TakaraTOMY will be releasing Masterpiece Jetfire. The article also states that e-Hobby will be releasing a Macross "Pre-TF" version (pictured) but retconned into Transformers continuity as an Autobot pirate known as Valkyrie!

Awesome!!

Incredibly an English speaking fan has secured a prototype of this toy and written a review here (http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/jf.php)!

So who's up for a Sydney group order? :)

Fungal Infection
1st April 2009, 09:42 AM
Without even having to open those links, April Fools Mutha-F***er!!! (Cliffbee is NOT a reliable source!!) :p

Mr_K
1st April 2009, 09:59 AM
LOL, I hope that wooden plane, I mean Masterpiece Jetfire doesn't cost as much as Grimlock, the price of these MPs just keeps going up and up :P

Thanatos
1st April 2009, 12:14 PM
You overreached Gok. Sorry :P. We all know there's never going to be a MP Jetfire.

JuzMel
1st April 2009, 12:41 PM
If it makes you any happier, for awhile I believed it.. heehee :D

Sky Shadow
1st April 2009, 12:44 PM
You overreached Gok. Sorry :P. We all know there's never going to be a MP Jetfire.

There's no reason why there can't be a Masterpiece Jetfire - it wouldn't be that different to having a Classics one - which we already have. Anyway, from the looks of that prototype in Dirge-or-Gok's review it seems there is going to be one that actually flies. And it already looks better than the Masterpiece Seekers...

:p

kup
1st April 2009, 12:46 PM
you had me going for a nanosecond and then I remembered the date.

However Jetfire is the next logical choice for a Masterpiece

jaydisc
1st April 2009, 01:12 PM
TT woulda called it Skyfire.

k.wong23
1st April 2009, 01:24 PM
bastards i was a believer

Lord_Zed
1st April 2009, 01:24 PM
Thank Primus this is April fools day, I can't afford anymore Masterpieces this year. :)

you had me going for a nanosecond and then I remembered the date.

However Jetfire is the next logical choice for a Masterpiece

Don't be silly Fangry is the obvious choice to fight Grimlock.

kup
1st April 2009, 01:28 PM
Thank Primus this is April fools day, I can't afford anymore Masterpieces this year. :)

Don't be silly Fangry is the obvious choice to fight Grimlock.

Honestly, I would certainly prefer a Fangry as a release. Those characters don't get revisited at all and they should be.

However since the Marvel comics are meaningless to most Japanese, they would never do it unless they call it Masterpiece Wilder - They already cancelled the awesome crown from the prototype in favor of the ridiculous cartoon apron :(

Fan Projects, we need a crown! The other custom kit makers seem a bit on the dodgy so don't let them beat you to it ;)

Hereticpoo
1st April 2009, 01:41 PM
Gok you evil manl! You got me good. I dont think I've ever experienced that many emotions that fast. Joy, delight, embarrasement, rage, anger, heart break, and back to jovial in 0.2s flat. :D

i_amtrunks
1st April 2009, 02:36 PM
Thankfully I had just read about the new G-ball to be used in the AFL, so my brain was set in the "fool-busting" mode.

Otherwise I'd have likely believed it.

darockk
1st April 2009, 02:43 PM
awesome news. i hope hasbro are making one too ;)

Sky Shadow
1st April 2009, 03:49 PM
Fan Projects, we need a crown! The other custom kit makers seem a bit on the dodgy so don't let them beat you to it ;)

I believe iGear may already have one underway.

Paulbot
1st April 2009, 04:13 PM
Last year GoktimusPrime said we're getting Encore Grimlock. We didn't but, we did get Masterpiece Grimlock.

Maybe this year it will be swapped around and we won't get Masterpiece Jetfire but we will get an Encore one! :)

Although this was obvious at least it was noticed. My little attempt was too subtle. :o

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2009, 05:48 PM
I noticed it Paulbot. ;)

dirge
1st April 2009, 07:58 PM
Cliffbee is NOT a reliable source!! :p

Not when he's referencing a previous April Fool's joke :cool: