PDA

View Full Version : New M******n toy?

griffin
4th April 2009, 01:17 AM
Just appeared on one of the usual Asian sites, is what looks to be a new Megatron toy, but with a new alt-mode. It is a tank, but with wings, so almost a transitional form between the two existing modes he has in the Movie Universe.
It is also said to be Voyager size, but I think it looks bigger.

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=438

A bit of a weird colour too, but the vehicle mode doesn't look too bad.

Defcon
4th April 2009, 06:22 AM
Thats a very cool sci fi looking tank. All the angles and details in the design makes for one menacing looking tank ! This really suits the character of movie megatron.

Vector Sigma 13
4th April 2009, 08:43 AM
I agree- love the detail. It does look very big too!

Autocon
4th April 2009, 04:09 PM
some people think he might be a triple changer? oooh

Stompy
4th April 2009, 04:52 PM
I like the tank mode. Nice and chunky. Although from the pic of the bot mode - It looks to be a shellformer.

FFN
5th April 2009, 07:38 AM
Essentially, this is Megatron based upon the ACTUAL ROTF design. He has a crab claw right arm with the built-in gattling cannon and a normal sized right arm.

Leader Class Megatron was not based upon the finalised ROTF design. He was actually based on rather early concept art, which is why he has that tiny gimpy arm and the flip-out sword arm instead of the crab claw.

Hasbro got screwed by the movie people, again.

Gutsman Heavy
5th April 2009, 11:45 AM
oh rly? Interesting!

Robzy
5th April 2009, 04:44 PM
That left arm looks so much better than the one on the Leader class fig!

Gutsman Heavy
5th April 2009, 05:20 PM
go go Turtletron!

liegeprime
5th April 2009, 10:18 PM
Erm anybody know what those background plates are from? I mean what toyline. Sure makes a great panel for a base, would it be custom made wall plates or prolly from gundam?

I like the alt mode but not the bot mode though. He does look like a hermit crab/tank :D

griffin
12th April 2009, 11:55 AM
The Voyager sized Megatron in packaging, with spoiler bio.
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=444

The photos can be a bit cut off if your screen resolution is too small, so find the individual image files (from their image properties), and paste them into a new window to bring up the full picture.

Or go here if you have access:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-voyager-megatron-in-box-167281/

Bio of Megatron -

Trapped in the dark, crushing depths of the sea. His mind inert in the grip of stasis lock. Megatron knew nothing of the desperate search mounted for his remains by the other decepticons. When he was finally brought back online, their efforts and sacrifice meant little to him. The only thing that had any meaning was revenge. He would have his vengeance against the human boy who cheated him of his prize. And he swore to celebrate over the smoking wreck of Optimus Prime.