PDA

View Full Version : TFA Season 3 Ep07 "Predacons Rising" !!Spoiler!!!

SentinelPrime
11th April 2009, 09:25 AM
Sneak Peak posted on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGD6INHeXA

SMHFConvoy
11th April 2009, 10:03 AM
I was just watching it. Nice opening for an episode.

jaydisc
12th April 2009, 08:42 AM
Watched it this morning. The birth of Waspinator.... neat! And... the potential for Sentinel Magnus... scary!

SentinelPrime
12th April 2009, 09:04 AM
Awesome epidsode. Waspinator is huge! I like the way beast wars writers Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio pay homage to old school beast wars at the end, when Blackarachnia gets up to see a cheeta, gorilla and rhino. Top stuff!!

loophole
12th April 2009, 09:57 AM
poor Wasp :( and at least Waspinator has plans :p

Golden Phoenix
12th April 2009, 10:42 AM
I really liked the Sentinal-Blackarachnia scene when he discovers who she is. Show some real depth to his character, and gives some explanation to why he is a jerk and his attitude towards Optimus. Also a bit of his attitude towards Magnus for not letting them go back.

I am curious though as to the current status of the Dinobots. I am sure they will pop up somewhere but they would have been within the radius of that explosion. So a couple of things could have happened
a) They went with Blackaracknia and Waspinator to where ever they are now
b) They survived and got thrown somewhere Team Rocket style (or are just in the water near the blast zone, but Optimus and co were thrown a fair bit...)
c) They are, Primus forbid, off-line

SMHFConvoy
12th April 2009, 11:08 AM
I think the dinobots were probably thrown by the blast. They're popular characters so I doubt that they'd be off the board for too long.

On Youtube some people were speculating that Waspinator and Blackarachnia were thrown through time. Others think that they were sent somewhere else on earth. I think it's the latter because when the series ends I really want to see a massive robot throw down :)

kup
12th April 2009, 12:39 PM
It was a good episode but the 'Sentinel character dynamics' brought it down somewhat but it did considerably improve by the end when Sentinel met Blackarachnia. It was also strange to have him named Autobot Supreme leader at the end - its easy to see where the plot is going.

However Waspinator was great but I will miss Wasp as there was something cool about him and more familiar character wise to his BW counterpart than the personality we saw after he got his technorganic mode (which appears to be more Season 1 BW than actually technorganic (as seen in BM) since both wasp and BA only appear to be organic on the outside).

Some people are making a big deal at the 'Maximal' cast at the end but I am sure that was just a gag/tribute to BW and the writers and they have not landed in G1 continuity prehistoric earth. Its more likely they are either in Africa or in Prehistoric 'Animated' Earth.

I was also happy to see Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio back in Transformers.

Paulbot
12th April 2009, 12:50 PM
How do people watch these so fast? :confused:

kup
12th April 2009, 12:54 PM
How do people watch these so fast? :confused:

Mininova - Google that as we may not be allowed to give direct links :)

Also google Vuse.

Paulbot
12th April 2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah I know how but for me it seems to take all day every week for them to transfer to my computer while everyone's posting early before 10am that they've seen it already. Just a little frustrating.

kup
12th April 2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah I know how but for me it seems to take all day every week for them to transfer to my computer while everyone's posting early before 10am that they've seen it already. Just a little frustrating.

What internet connection do you have? It only took me like 40 minutes as of 11am.

When I download more popular stuff like say a BSG episode, because there are so many seeds I get it in like 20 minutes and that's twice the size of animated.

liegeprime
12th April 2009, 02:32 PM
Awesome epidsode. Waspinator is huge! I like the way beast wars writers Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio pay homage to old school beast wars at the end, when Blackarachnia gets up to see a cheeta, gorilla and rhino. Top stuff!!

Dont forget the big Rat :D. Well at least Waspinator even though his personality changed for the worse still is the same as BW Waspy, blow him up mangle him, crusnch him in a box and he STILL functions hehehehe. The most indestructible bot ever in the whole TF lore :p

MV75
12th April 2009, 02:37 PM
And here I thought that predacons were going to be like the g1 predacons as 5 of them got caught in the blast (three dinos, wasp and BA), but no, it was BW predacons.

I wondered for a bit at the end, "where the heck are the predacons"? Then *ding*! oh, those predacons.

The end was funny though, the rat, gorilla, rhino and cheetar. "Oh you've got to be kidding". :)

EDIT: Actually, unless you did know BW, the title of the episode makes zero sense as it had nothing to do with, nor no mention of anything "predacon".

Paulbot
12th April 2009, 02:52 PM
Ok it didn't take me too long today, so I'lll stop complaining :o

I had to rewind to check, because although I'm pretty sure Sentinel said to Blackarachnia "I don't know what kind of weird organic horror you are" the word "horror" sounded like something much nastier! :eek:

And was this the first blink and you'll miss it appearance of Animated Motormaster?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3584/3432947869_7c08cfe2cf.jpg

SilverDragon
12th April 2009, 04:21 PM
I think this is my favourite episode of Season 3 thus far, and likely one of my favourite Animated episodes.

I liked the scene between Sentinel and the de-helmeted BA because it showed a lot about Sentinel's character and how the incident affected him. I do want to beat the crap out of him for his rampant xenophobia, even if that was a part of his character from the start.

Waspinator is creepy. He's hardly the comic relief he was in BW. Not that it's a bad thing he's taken a level in badass.

lol @ Swoop and BA.

Incidentally, speaking of the Dinobots, what happened to them at the end? We didn't see them. Did they get transported like BA and Waspinator? If so, what next? Did they get transwarped next to fossil deposits and get mutated with DNA thanks to residual energy? If so, why hello there, Megs, Terrosaur, and Guiledart. Yessss.

Also, best ending ever.

Sky Shadow
12th April 2009, 08:28 PM
That was the cutest ending to a Transformers episode ever.

I only just noticed that Sentinel's ship is a tribute to/vehicle mode of a Gadep-style Guardian.

And - once again, I wonder if Sentinel Primer-Prime will retain his title or be named Sentinel Magnus.

kup
12th April 2009, 09:26 PM
And - once again, I wonder if Sentinel Primer-Prime will retain his title or be named Sentinel Magnus.

I guess that will only happen if Ultra Magnus dies.

Zahhak
12th April 2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah he become Acting Sentinal Magnus or something,
this is a two part episode right? So will we see more trans organics..because predacons rising seems kinda of an overstatment with only 2 of them.
all in all thought great episode.

kup
12th April 2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah he become Acting Sentinal Magnus or something,
this is a two part episode right? So will we see more trans organics..because predacons rising seems kinda of an overstatment with only 2 of them.
all in all thought great episode.

I agree with that. It seems as if the title of the episode was just a gimmick.

Gutsman Heavy
12th April 2009, 10:31 PM
Quality stuff, Sentinel is awesome. Nice to see the 'maximals' at the end.

GoktimusPrime
12th April 2009, 10:34 PM
Ah wow, that was a great episode. :)

Thoughts...

+ We finally see some further exposition on Sentinel Prime. He's still a shallow jerkwad, but it worked well in this episode with his reaction to Blackarachnia serving as a powerful metaphor for prejudice.

+ The machine that Blackarachnia constructed and used to convert Wasp into Waspinator was a nice tribute to "The Fly." ;)

+ It was good to see Optimus Prime give Bumblebee a pep talk about taking responsibility for the part he played in Wasp's downfall and then seeing Bumblebee trying to make peace with Wasp by finally apologising. It was also interesting to see a dichotomy in Waspinator's persona when he said that Wasp forgives him but Waspinator never will... it's as if "Wasp" represents the Autobot he used to be back in the academy, whereas "Waspinator" represents the crazed lunatic that he's become since his imprisonment.

+ Interesting to see Wasp's Earth mode - a straight up repaint of Bumblebee. I want a Wasp toy!! A repainted & retooled Activator like Cliffjumper would be perfect.

+ Seeing Waspinator drag himself around in pieces was a nice tribute to Beast Wars, as was his last line; "Waspinator has plans!" That actually had me laughing out loud. :D

+ At one stage Jetfire and Jetstorm say, "Maximum Burn!" - another neat Beast Wars tribute!

+ It was good to see Sentinel Prime making peace with Optimus Prime, but we've seen this before only to have Sentinel Prime revert back to his old self next time. I hope this time that there will be some lasting development in the relationship between Optimus and Sentinel.

+ Seeing Sentinel Prime accepting the mantle of supreme leadership was another good sign of this character's development and also seeing the Sentinel Prime G1 tribute come full circle. Before now the only thing Animated Sentinel Prime had in common with G1 Sentinel Prime was his name. Now seeing Animated Sentinel Prime becoming Autobot supreme commander ahead of Optimus Prime... yeah, a subtle yet nice nod to G1.

+ The gorilla, rhinoceros, cheetah and giant rat were a nice homage to Beast Wars. I'm quite sure that they're just animals specifically chosen and with the rat intentionally enlarged as a BW tribute, nothing more.

It was definitely great to see Forward and DiTillio back writing TFs! :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th April 2009, 07:36 PM
That was pretty cool. I liked the Transmetal 2ish head that Blackarachnia sports without her helmet. Bad case of Helmet hair there hey?;)

I liked the way that Waspinator gets powered up. Maybe BA will stay beasty and power herself up? Sentinel was (as always) awesome! Love the way he was grapple flown to the Island by the brothers. Pure Cheese!

Interesting to see that Optimus and Sentinels personal conflicts have been a catalyst for the formation of predacons. They were against each other during BAs fate and Wasp was bot-napped while the Primes argued. Bit of a theme going on there.

Look forward to more goodies going on here.

Tober
13th April 2009, 08:13 PM
Good ep. :)

I wonder how Sari fits into the whole techno-organic theme :confused:. Will find out soon I guess.

SentinelPrime
13th April 2009, 08:16 PM
Good ep. :)

I wonder how Sari fits into the whole techno-organic theme :confused:. Will find out soon I guess.

Sari returns for the next two part episode of Human Error. Hopefully with full upgrades.:D