PDA

View Full Version : TF2 gamesite update

Autocon
14th April 2009, 03:44 PM
http://cdn.transformersgame.com/transformers/media/41/shanghai_lrg.jpg

http://www.transformersgame.com/

griffin
15th April 2009, 12:24 PM
There are a few Wallpapers added, and you can customise the page according to your prefered character (of the options available).

This from the press release on the 13th:

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game is currently in development by Luxoflux for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and for Windows PC by Beenox Studios.

Also, Krome Studios is developing distinct Wii™ and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system versions, utilizing the individual platform features to deliver an intense 3rd person action adventure game that combines dynamic robot combat with arcade-style vehicle sequences and flight-based levels. In addition, two completely different titles are being developed for Nintendo DS™ by Vicarious Visions, allowing players to take on AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON-specific campaigns. For the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, a unique, fast-paced action arcade title is being developed by Savage Entertainment.

Autocon
18th April 2009, 01:33 AM
more reviews

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/revenge-of-the-fallen-video-game-info-from-tfw2005-167344/

TFW2005 attended the press event held by Activision in NYC today. Here is our information about the game. I literally haven't had time to read what the other sites have put up, so if there is already known info here, please disregard. Hope it's helpful.

If you have questions, ask them in this thread and I will try to answer.

Intro Movie and Quick Notes:

Started with shot of earth, Soundwave circling in statellite mode.
Intro movie, Cullen voice over. Humans battling Decepticons in city, Prime shows up. Looked really good.
Overall theme at start of game for Autobots - Decepticons still attacking - trying to hide/clean up with NEST, dunno why they are still showing up.
Decepticons - Just blow stuff up at the orders of Starscream.
Soundwave in game, voice is very G1 like. No word on if that "comes from the movie" or not. Could be their take on it for fans. Only seen briefly as giving you info from "homebase" not as a playable character. Though he most likely is in there later.
Cullen has full game voicing, in game and cut scenes.
They have a big announcement regarding other voices soon, they want to be as close to movie as possible, and touch with G1 fans as well.
Will fight Devestator. Prime is about as big as Devestators fingers. Devestator walks on all fours, groans like a monster. Super slow. Reminded me of Godzilla walking through the town/city. Does have a shredder that opens up in in stomach area that sucks things in and shreds them to nothing bits.
Kept stressing Megatron was dead and Starscream is in command. We all know better . Whether he is in game, not known yet.

Gameplay:

Different types of kill shots. The more different kill shots you make, the larger your power gauge grows, and you eventually get a super combo move, turns you invincible.
Different weapons for each character, different super moves for each.
Transforming is fluid, doesnt stop action. Need to transform into a jump in some cases to reach farther spots, acts as a turbo boost jump.
Can fire from vehicle mode, but different firepower than when you are in robot mode. So need to go between the 2.
Jets can Transform and then hover, fire down.
Transform into a power slam, clears area around you like a "Hulk Smash" situation.
Can climb buildings, jump rooftop to rooftop. Need to transform, build up speed, transform into jump to get to farther rooftops.
Areas of the world unlock with multiple levels in each area, you choose which areas you do in what order.
You can choose what characters to use for each mission, not chosen for you. Can in theory play thru whole game with one character or jump between.
Some missions require interaction with humans. Need to pick up, carry to location, guard while they do things, pick back up, move to next location, etc. Human will talk to you throughout. Will hold in hand, then slap on back for climbing, then toss into backset for a transform.
After each mission, go back to war room, where all team members are. They comment using voice overs on what you did in the previous mission. Things they say are based on what you did, speed, collateral damage, # of objectives completed, etc. Not cookie cutter, and different for each team member.
Very fast paced, constant enemies popping up, constant fighting, explosions. Transforming constantly is necessary and part of the action.

Easter Eggs:

Tons of G1 and other generation easter-egg type stuff. Many of the drones you fight on each side are based on non-movie Transformers characters.
Hasbro opened up their archives and said use everything and anything you want for the extras. Stressed that the dev teams are all G1 and TF hardcore fans. So expect a lot of nods and shout outs to older fans.
Expect more than just G1 skins. Think bigger than that.
Sub-groups like Airielbots, Combaticons, Protectobots will be in game. At least one airelbot was sporting an almost dead-on Fireflight skin. They said there are many more things like that in there.

Extras:

You build up your "energon" points and buy things inbetween missions. Upgrades to different aspects of your character. Kinda like level building skills in RPGs.
As you upgrade your specs (firepower, speed, overheating, vehicle firepower, etc) - it is applied to the entire team - that way you can switch between characters on each level without losing your upgrades.
Tons of DLC - No word on pay or free or both.
Achievements and Trophies galore.
Unlockables galore.
Multiplayer online with leaderboards.
Many different types of multiplayer coming. Capture flag, etc etc. Seems like multiplayer will be pushed as big part of game.

Overall Thoughts:

Looks great. 100 X better than first already. Visuals look next gen. Much faster gameplay, constant fighting needed. Not drive and fight, then drive some more then fight. Looks like it will have some replay value as well, as you will want to build your levels and beat times, goals for each level. The potential for the G1 connections are there, didn't see many but they were stressed as a really cool part of what they are doing. Being able to jump between areas of the world, levels within them, and characters for each run, gives the game some potential longevity.

I am not a hardcore gamer, and don't like over-complicated games. That being said, I was disappointed with the first game. Was simple, and fast, with no-replay value. Looks like this game takes care of those things. Little more complicated to get things done, lots of different combos to extend play, and tons of unlockables and throw backs to keep me interested. So, if you are a Transformers fan first, and gamer second, you should definately be able to enjoy this one for more than 15 minutes. Gamers, I never understand what you like and dont like, you always rip apart games I like, and like the ones I hate. So I can't speak to you .

Bottom line - I want this game, would buy it. If you are dazzled by pretty graphics on a big screen, and still cant get over the awesomeness of transforming back and forth over and over from the first one, but need something a little more this time, this one should do it for you.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/04/16/transformers-game-developers-talk-devastator-protectobots/
got a demo of the Xbox 360 and Wii version of Activision’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” video games today. I’ll have more details tomorrow. For now, let me share two topics that should excite current and lapsed (like me) Transformers obsessives.

Here are the two things that came up during the “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” demo I got today that made me, a guy who used to get every Transformer that came out, excited:

There will be Protectobots in the game: When one of the developers of “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” told me that some of the un-named extra Transformers in the upcoming movie game are based on some of the classic groups of Transformers that I played with when I was growing up, I had trouble remembering that I was a grown man. The developers behind the games are Transformers nerds themselves, I was told. They have used Aerialbots, Stunticons, Combaticons, Protectobots and Omnibots as inspiration for the unnamed robots players will encounter in the game. (I believe that’s a Combaticon on the left in the image above). There was no sign that these modern-day Protectobots will merge into the mighty Defensor. Instead they seem to be foot soldiers — extra robots to shoot and be shot by. The group names are classifications as these robots won’t have names. (I think the conversation I had with the Activision people about this was the first opportunity I had to say the word “Defensor” since I mentioned him to my brother when I was 11.)

Maybe multiple players can merge into Devastator? The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of “Revenge of the Fallen” include online multiplayer deathmatch and capture the flag modes. Up to eight gamers can play online. The new “Revenge of the Fallen” version of Devastator is, like his 1980s predecessor, a giant robot made up of smaller robots. So, I asked, can online players each play as one of Devastator’s component robots and then merge so that multiple players control a single, towering Devastator? The Activision reps gave me a stalling laugh and then one said: “We do have a lot of Transformers available [in the game.] Some that you play make up Devastator. That’s all I can say about that.” So… maybe?

I’ll have more on the “Revenge of the Fallen” in the coming days. The game ships for every major gaming platform this summer.

(For more “Transformers” coverage, check out some more “Devastator” news at our MTV Movies sister blog.)

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/16/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-game-offers-devastator-and-constructicon-tease/

While the game’s developer had to keep quiet on the biggest (literally) addition to the film’s roster of giant robots due to how closely the game is modeled on the movie, there were a few Devastator-related bits and pieces to glean from the event (though no images, unfortunately). Production coordinator Mike Mejia took MTV News through a climactic battle with the massive Decepticon set in streets of Cairo late in the demo — an encounter that Mejia said was pulled directly from the plot of the film.

And that wasn’t all there was to learn about Devastator and (as fans of the series will be glad to hear) the Constructicons that unite to form the villain.

Along with taking us through a battle between Optimus Prime and Devastator, Mejia took a moment to pan the in-game camera around the massive villain and provide an up-close peek at the robot’s design. Composed of several different Decepticons like his cartoon (and comic book) counterpart, Devastator maneuvered around the Cairo cityscape on all fours, with his various construction-vehicle components clearly visible during the slow-pan peek.

It’s also worth noting that “Demolisher,” the Decepticon with a giant wheel seen in several of the “Revenge of the Fallen” trailers (seen in the concept art below), is clearly visible as the primary torso and neck component of Devastator. Originally rumored to be Devastator, the wheel-wielding Demolisher robot is actually just the bulk of Devastator’s chest in the game — giving you an indication of how large the character will likely be in Bay’s CGI-fueled sequel.

Keep it locked to Movies Blog for more move-related news from my “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” game demo real soon, and be sure to check out all of MTV’s coverage of the “Revenge of the Fallen” game at MultiplayerBlog.MTV.com

griffin
18th April 2009, 07:59 PM
Tformers have a review as well, which may just be the same as tfw's. They do have 27 sample pics in their gallery:
http://www.tformers.com/transformers-tformers-takes-a-first-look-at-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-the-game/11357/news.html