PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight Metroplex preview and teaser.

griffin
15th April 2009, 01:53 PM
On the editor's blog, the upcoming IDW Spotlight Metroplex appears to be taking a unique format. The grammar he uses in his description sounds off, but from what I can work out, every 2 page spread in the comic will be 'wall to wall' panels. So aside from the first and last pages, every 2-page opening of the comic will have double page artwork from the left hand margin of the left page, to the right hand margin of the right page, to emphasise the sheer scale of this spotlight's featured character.
http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2009/04/first-glimpse-of-metroplex.html

I wonder if that will affect the depth of the story, as it will probably mean half as many panels (each double page would appear as a single page of artwork with this double-page concept). Should give some nice bits of art though.

i_amtrunks
15th April 2009, 02:04 PM
I wonder if that will affect the depth of the story, as it will probably mean half as many panels (each double page would appear as a single page of artwork with this double-page concept). Should give some nice bits of art though.

It will be a strange comic to read with all the panels being very long and probably not all that high (bar the full page spreads)...

Marcelo Matere on art duties means this will be one helluva beautiful comic.

STL
15th April 2009, 02:16 PM
It will be a strange comic to read with all the panels being very long and probably not all that high (bar the full page spreads)...

Marcelo Matere on art duties means this will be one helluva beautiful comic.

+1!

Very excited about this one and the line art's already a winner

I think while the wide long panels are great news, it'll be terrible for TPB readers as that's one of the things that TPBs often take out, the full force of a double page splash.