PDA

View Full Version : G1 Series DVD

mangis
18th April 2009, 12:36 AM
I don't know if anyone has posted this as I've just returned from a long hiatus but the G1 Series is being released on DVD again. This time in a Decepticon themed set. It comes with an exclusive comic from Simon Furman and is $40 cheaper than the original release.

Release date is listed as 24th June

Here's the link to the EzyDVD site
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805826

Paulbot
18th April 2009, 12:53 AM
There's also an upcoming box sets of Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory/Zone
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805827

and Beast Wars seasons 1 to 3
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805825

(Just in time for the movie to spark people's interest in buying them)

Deonasis
18th April 2009, 11:36 AM
Awesome. I want all of these and maybe this time I'll get 'em.

SGB
18th April 2009, 01:54 PM
I already have the Autobot-themed set but will definitely be getting the Decepticon-themed set.

Wheel-J
26th April 2009, 01:53 AM
Only for the interest of anyone lookin for the first DVD set, there's one (not me!) selling at melbourne gumtree for $60... (though it was posted barely a month ago)
I just thought of sharing it..

:)

Zippo
26th April 2009, 11:09 AM
Oh, this has me keen.
Just hope the RRP of it in New Zealand is not $150 like the first one.

NoenGaruth
26th April 2009, 07:21 PM
Looks nice, but I'm skipping this one, just like autobot set, and waiting to get the new release of the G1 seasons in the Matrix of leadership package.

mangis
26th April 2009, 08:50 PM
Looks nice, but I'm skipping this one, just like autobot set, and waiting to get the new release of the G1 seasons in the Matrix of leadership package.

I'll be holding off for that one too. Pretty sure it'll have to be on import though. The exclusive comic makes the Decepticon set tempting though. Should be able to download some scans after it comes out though.

Wondering what it's going to be, probably just a preview of other comics.

mangis
26th April 2009, 08:51 PM
Oh, this has me keen.
Just hope the RRP of it in New Zealand is not $150 like the first one.

Well there's always plenty of fans that are over here willing to pick it up for you at the cheaper price.

i_amtrunks
27th April 2009, 09:22 AM
Good move by Madman!

The complete G1 set looks might nice now (I only have the individual season sets.)

Gouki
28th April 2009, 09:51 AM
I really should snap this up, if only to see Season 3, which I have seen barely any of. And I need to get the Japanese G1 series too.

And, of course, for drinking games, because I don't think I could make it through the entire G1 without it. Hell, I only made it through two episodes of Captain Planet and one episode of He-Man and one eopisode of Thundercats a while back.

1AZRAEL1
28th April 2009, 10:59 AM
They really want us to buy the blasted dvds over and over again dont they?

I originally bought the US version of G1 Season 1, not knowing they were going to release it on Australian shores. One good thing about it though, it came with 2 animation cells.

Then bought G1 on all the separate box sets, then they release the complete set. Got that for Xmas.

Now a Decepticon version of that same box set with a comic. Think I'll skip this one and wait for the Matrix Of Leadership box set.

But I guess all TV shows they do that to as well, Star Trek, Robotech (bought all the individual ones for that as well :mad:) Family Guy, Futurama, X-Files, the list goes on.

If your a diehard fan, I suppose they think that they will buy the best/latest versions that comes out.

Rant over :p

GoktimusPrime
28th April 2009, 04:50 PM
it's good for new fans who may not have G1 on DVD yet, but yeah, it doesn't mean anything for me. :p :)