PDA

View Full Version : ShoWest footage... awesome!

Firecracker
18th April 2009, 06:08 PM
Mr. Bay himself has put up the footage shown at ShoWest. Go here (http://vimeo.com/4208071) and watch and then pick up your jaw.

Insane!

Sutton
18th April 2009, 06:19 PM
Megatron vs Starscream on top of a highrise = awesome

swoop
18th April 2009, 06:37 PM
It looks brilliant but I'm not digging bumblebee crying, the lubricator thing in the first movie was passable but for me the tears are just to much.
The scene in the forest when prime gets sent flying is that blackout? if so its good that more of the first movie cons are making a return.
I cant wait for this movie

shokwave2
18th April 2009, 08:10 PM
False topic title. Please change it to "ShoWest footage... F@%king AWESOME!!!!"

And yes that is Blackout. He turns his tail rotors into nunchucks by the looks of it! And that's Megatron kicking Optimus in the head. And Starscream spitting at Sam. I'm guessing this will be part of the next trailer.

griffin
18th April 2009, 08:38 PM
If those "dead" characters are really back, it not only cheapens their deaths (making them too indestructible - as in, only cybertronians can kill cybertronians), but it also spoils elements of TF2 if they are using this as a general publicity 'trailer'.

Firecracker
18th April 2009, 08:53 PM
Interestingly Rampage appears red in colour... + Walmart listing for 'Red Bulldozer'. Maybe a late change?

MV75
18th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Could be vortex that just took the same alt mode as blackout did..... Bruticus would have made a fck load more sense, being military vehicles and all.

Jetfire is cool. I'm sure he said arse..... :)

Zahhak
19th April 2009, 04:10 AM
Yeah im preety sure jetfire did say arse too.
As for the returning bots, considering the speed of the frames and the little we see of them, they could easily be just similar desighned transformers..maybe kinda just cannon fodder. We did hear that there was spose to be somewhere upwards 40 bots in this movie? So I wouldn't be too surprised to see a bunch of characters appear unnamed(in the movies atleast) appear just to get killed.

Bartrim
19th April 2009, 09:52 AM
I agree with Griffin on the whole death thing... However I am still a sucker for action so I this has got me super pumped and excited:D

Oh man I can't wait.

shokwave2
19th April 2009, 11:45 AM
As for the returning bots, considering the speed of the frames and the little we see of them, they could easily be just similar desighned transformers..maybe kinda just cannon fodder.

I watched it frame by frame and to me it was a helicopter which looked like Blackout. But as you said it could be a generic TF. But then again, if Megatron was brought back, and Blackout was dumped into the same abyss as Megs, then i don't see why a small allspark fragment, or even The Fallen, couldn't resurrect the dead bots. Just like a new battery can give an electronic device a new lease of life.

Thanatos
19th April 2009, 12:05 PM
Well they mention Megatron is only back in flashbacks, could Blackout etc. count towards that?

MV75
19th April 2009, 12:21 PM
Flashbacks?

Not according to the bio on the toy box it isn't. ;)

Thanatos
19th April 2009, 12:28 PM
Man if Megatron is back I'm going to be quite peeved.

Zippo
19th April 2009, 12:38 PM
Downloaded the 600MB 1080p version of the trailer, and while the computer is to slow to play, it lets me view it frame by frame. This is one awesome looking trailer/clip

shokwave2
19th April 2009, 01:26 PM
Of course he's back. He's in the forest beating the crap outta Prime while Sam is running. And he's fighting Starscream on the rooftops. Bay only said it would show Megatron in flashbacks to put people on a false trail of info.

Robzy
19th April 2009, 03:32 PM
It still seems to have trademark "Bay" stuff.... but, I gotta say, it does look pretty amazing!

I can't wait! :)

orionpax1
19th April 2009, 05:03 PM
Whats with B/Bee crying and Prime having a tooth knocked out, man i was really looking forward to this movie (thats why this time round i have not read anything or looked at the toys only saw the trailers) didnt want to wreck the first time of seeing this movie, but come on CRYING this is getting too cheesy, looking to Wolverine more than this.

SilverDragon
19th April 2009, 05:22 PM
*picks jaw off floor* :eek:

If those "dead" characters are really back, it not only cheapens their deaths (making them too indestructible - as in, only cybertronians can kill cybertronians), but it also spoils elements of TF2 if they are using this as a general publicity 'trailer'.

Considering that they ARE robots, and therefore mechanical, they could be easily reanimated-albeit without sparks, so they'd be little more than semi-sentient drones.

FFN
19th April 2009, 08:31 PM
Whats with B/Bee crying and Prime having a tooth knocked out, man i was really looking forward to this movie (thats why this time round i have not read anything or looked at the toys only saw the trailers) didnt want to wreck the first time of seeing this movie, but come on CRYING this is getting too cheesy, looking to Wolverine more than this. What's wrong with humanising? Has ALL happened in TF before.

Autocon
19th April 2009, 09:34 PM
What's wrong with humanising? Has ALL happened in TF before.

its not a tooth its a rock;) yes both blackout and megs are back

soooo looking forward to this movie

Trailer Park Ninja
19th April 2009, 09:41 PM
its not a tooth its a rock;) yes both blackout and megs are back

soooo looking forward to this movie

Ok in that case should we expect heroic and valiant Jazz to be in the sequel too?

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2009, 12:00 AM
I liked everything in that video except for Jetfire's walking stick thing. Curse you Paulbot for putting that image of Jasper in my mind!! :p :)

Please alter my pants as fashion dictates.

Thanatos
20th April 2009, 01:19 AM
Nah Bay won't bring back Jazz because he's got too much of a hard-on for the decepticons. Why oh why did it have to be Michael Bay. He's one of my most hated of directors.

I enjoy the Jetfire being an old fart idea. Brings something new to the fold. Or alternatively brings amusement to the bitter cockles of my heart to see a robot with a walking stick.

i_amtrunks
20th April 2009, 09:47 AM
not impressed with the clip. Crying and spitting machines seem a little off, it is a little convenient that they have the ability to release liquids from the same biological areas as us.

The cgi is more obstructive this time around. By that I mean it is far more obvious where the cgi begins and the real filming ends, one of the positives of the first film is that the cgi blended in much easier with the live action stuff. Still not certain if all the cgi sections are the final versions, some seem of lesser quality (less detail, reflections/refractions seem to be missing etc) than others.

Not liking that all the dead are back and alive and well, I could maybe understand if Blackout or Megatron were back (as in Megatron was revived but not the other one was), due to their vastly different deaths.

Bartrim
20th April 2009, 10:15 AM
I'm yet to watch the clip with sound as my home computer doesn't have sound atm. So did he have his legs in that clip? because it looked like he didn't, yet at the end of the first movie he was fully transformed with Sam and Mikalea on his bonnet. I thought that would only be possible if he was repaired.:confused:

Firecracker
20th April 2009, 10:54 AM
Still not certain if all the cgi sections are the final versions, some seem of lesser quality (less detail, reflections/refractions seem to be missing etc) than others.

The footage of Devastator is definitely not finished. No shadows or environmental effects.

RE: Zombie Blackout... *cross fingers for new toy*.

sanbot
20th April 2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone else getting a message that asks for a password when trying to access the clip? I do! I can't see the clip! =(

Edit: nevermind, i youtubed it.

Bartrim
20th April 2009, 04:39 PM
Wouldn't you know it. I finally finish at work, so I go to the link and it says I need a password. Then I decide to try you tube like shazam recommended and paramount have had it taken down. Not fair I say!:mad:

orionpax1
20th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Still not happy with it and only Bay could be arrogant enough to change something so much ONLY because he likes it is way or the highway. Thats my two cent rant for the day.:D

shokwave2
20th April 2009, 05:32 PM
Nothing worse than whinging about an unfinished movie. Bay has to include comedy, romance, etc to cater for all ages, and to help Hasbro empty those toy shelves once the movie is released. He's not making these movies for the hardcore TF fans. He's making them for himself and the general public. Forget about all the G1, beast wars, comic stories. This is a new, unrelated story. If you don't like, don't watch it.

I'm happy with what i've seen so far and i know i'll be happy with the finished product. I'd never be able to make anything like this, and i know no other TF fan would be able to either. If you say you could, why aren't you a hollywood movie director by now?

I wouldn't be suprised if Jazz made a return. I read a rumour that the silver Pontiac was spotted at various film locations. Maybe it was just to throw people off.

SGB
20th April 2009, 05:50 PM
I see Bay still has not matured, and nor has he learnt to stop waving the camera so damn much during action scenes. This type of film-making bugs the hell out of me. Keep the damn camera still enough so we can actually see what's going on!!!

Bumblebee crying was absolutely ridiculous, and the line "You'll always be my first car" is just so groan and face palm-worthy.

Devastator's design looks so f***ing awful. How the hell was that approved?!

Lord_Zed
20th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Look good, I mean we've all seen the first one so we know what to excpect.

And as for Bulmblebee's tears well he is the cute one, the only Transformer non TF fans and the general moviegoer are likely to connect with and sympathize with, so I have no issue with that.

FFN
20th April 2009, 11:52 PM
not impressed with the clip. Crying and spitting machines seem a little off, it is a little convenient that they have the ability to release liquids from the same biological areas as us. If you're gonna say it's convenient for them to cry and spit and whatever in the same biological areas as us humans, you better ask why Transformers have mouths in the first place when they aren't normally depicted eating and when a speaker would do just fine, and why they have noses, given they don't need to smell. Basically, it's to make them human-like and relatable to us, and in the case of fiction, it aids in showing emotion (eg, teeth to show gritted teeth or bared teeth). Of course, Bumblebee is playing it up to make the scene cutsey.

The cgi is more obstructive this time around. By that I mean it is far more obvious where the cgi begins and the real filming ends, one of the positives of the first film is that the cgi blended in much easier with the live action stuff. Still not certain if all the cgi sections are the final versions, some seem of lesser quality (less detail, reflections/refractions seem to be missing etc) than others. Nah mate, CGI isn't finished yet. You can tell by how badly composited Devastator was. If you watch closely, he's floating over the footage of the background.

STL
21st April 2009, 12:55 AM
I didn't mind it.

It won't challenge me in any sort of profound way like Watchmen but much like the first, it looks to be a great popcorn flick.

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2009, 10:37 AM
Of course, Bumblebee is playing it up to make the scene cutsey.
Bumblebee was basically literally doing a (T_T) -- as in making himself a real-life emoticon. After all, they did learn human languages through the internet! Either way, it's in the same vein as when we use emoticons online. It's not as if tears are literally streaming down people's faces when they use the (T_T) or :~( emoticons, but it's a hyperbole to convey their emotions. That's what Bumblebee was doing in that scene, it's a physical hyperbole. I can see that this thing won't be everyone's cup of tea - but I personally didn't mind it.

I'm also still reserving any overall judgement about this movie until I actually see it. The scene with Jetfire didn't appeal to me, but then I do think that it'll make more sense when I see it in the context of the movie. Watching stuff like this is like looking at a few pieces of a puzzle but not having seen what the finished picture looks like yet.

griffin
21st April 2009, 01:41 PM
For those who have tfw2005 access, there is a huge stills gallery from the HD clip.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/other/Transformers-Movie-Images/ShoWest-2009-Screen-Caps/