PDA

View Full Version : Alex Milne TFCon Exclusive Litho

jaydisc
23rd April 2009, 06:10 PM
Anyone else been following the development of this thing? Colored version (http://markerguru.deviantart.com/art/TFcon-2009-poster-colors-120130232) just came out today (link to lineart version (http://markerguru.deviantart.com/art/TFcon-2009-poster-lineart-119278017)). Absolutely stunning!

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/tfconlitho.jpg

Tober
23rd April 2009, 06:16 PM
Very nice. Suprised they're using the City Commander armour in an official convention picture tho :D

Cliffjumper upgrade too :cool:

blackie
23rd April 2009, 06:17 PM
how do i get one?

mangis
23rd April 2009, 07:44 PM
Am I just seeing things or does that have both Megs and Galvy in it ????

bruticus
23rd April 2009, 08:28 PM
That was my original thought too but upon closer inspection, the litho seems to be based a lot on the Universe/Henkei/Classics toyline. Since there is a toy version of both Galvy and megatron existing in the Universe/Henkei/Classics toys, then i guess why not include it in the litho too....

Great drawing by the way... where can i get one?

iceburn
23rd April 2009, 08:40 PM
very nice indeed! STL is sure to drool over this and get over 10 copies!

STL
23rd April 2009, 11:37 PM
very nice indeed! STL is sure to drool over this and get over 10 copies!

Dude, get it right. 11 copies, damnit! 11!

Bartrim
24th April 2009, 09:04 AM
Very nice. New wallpaper for my computer:D

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2009, 09:25 AM
Hmm... interesting how they've used a combination of Hasbro and Takara toys.

Suprised they're using the City Commander armour in an official convention picture tho
Well that's what happens when Hasbro happens to own all names and likenesses of Transformers! :p I don't think FansProject would be in a good position to try and sue Hasbro for using their own intellectual property. :cool:

jaydisc
24th April 2009, 09:30 AM
Well that's what happens when Hasbro happens to own all names and likenesses of Transformers! :p I don't think FansProject would be in a good position to try and sue Hasbro for using their own intellectual property. :cool:

I don't think that's the point. I think more so the fact that Hasbro is allowing a custom kit to be acknowledged in an artistic representation of their character.

Does Hasbro participate or acknowledge TFCon? Would Alex Milne need to secure rights to sell this? If so, Kyle, do you have any insight as to whether he approached FP as well?

i_amtrunks
24th April 2009, 11:03 AM
Josh's colours make this a masterpiece. This is one lovely piece of art.

Very nice. Suprised they're using the City Commander armour in an official convention picture tho :D

The City Commander armour is in there twice!

Kyle
24th April 2009, 11:15 AM
No one seemed to notice that they have Music Label Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy in there as well? Very SWEEEEEET!!! :D

FP would be anything but bitter about this!

I don't think that's the point. I think more so the fact that Hasbro is allowing a custom kit to be acknowledged in an artistic representation of their character.

Does Hasbro participate or acknowledge TFCon? Would Alex Milne need to secure rights to sell this? If so, Kyle, do you have any insight as to whether he approached FP as well?

I actually have no idea. I'll ask the guys at FP about this. This is so awesome! :D

Josh's colours make this a masterpiece. This is one lovely piece of art.

The City Commander armour is in there twice!

Three times! CC, SC and PC are all in there~!

Wheel-J
24th April 2009, 11:25 AM
Who is that gold/white bot between smokescreen and roadbuster just above prime's right arm? looks like one of the maximals...

Am I just seeing things or does that have both Megs and Galvy in it ????

Notice soundblaster and soundwave... ;)

Kyle
24th April 2009, 12:02 PM
Universe Superion and Bruticus are abscent... maybe something to do with the fact that they are packaged as TF2 Movie toys in North America...? :/

liegeprime
24th April 2009, 12:04 PM
Who is that gold/white bot between smokescreen and roadbuster just above prime's right arm? looks like one of the maximals...

Notice soundblaster and soundwave... ;)

Appears to be Leo prime - the repaint lion.
Ooooh I hope they sell this other than the convention, I really want one!

Wheel-J
24th April 2009, 12:20 PM
Universe Superion and Bruticus are abscent... maybe something to do with the fact that they are packaged as TF2 Movie toys in North America...? :/

So who else did not make it?
Superion
Bruticus Maximus
Overload
Countdown
Darkwind

By the way, for those who don't know yet, the white inferno in the poster is Artfire (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Artfire) according to the creator.

Appears to be Leo prime - the repaint lion.

Thanks, I thought so. That is because I see him red and white in the universe packaging... :rolleyes:

I really want one!

+1 :)

bruticus
24th April 2009, 12:31 PM
Whos the guy right behind onslaught, in front of MP3 soundwave?

Kyle
24th April 2009, 12:52 PM
Whos the guy right behind onslaught, in front of MP3 soundwave?

Universe Special Edition version of Overkill:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Overkill

Tober
24th April 2009, 01:34 PM

Wasn't suggesting they do, was just mildly suprised about their products being in the litho. I also see the add-on kit on Lambor's sholder too at least.

No one seemed to notice that they have Music Label Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy in there as well? Very SWEEEEEET!!! :D

Yep, I did notice them, plus Lazerbeak...? Is he in Classics/Henkei somewhere too?

Heh, heh. Loving Grimlock's elegent swan-dive :D

Kyle
24th April 2009, 01:37 PM
Yep, I did notice them, plus Lazerbeak...? Is he in Classics/Henkei somewhere too?

I think Laserbeak was included because there was a Hasbro reissue of G1 Soundwave with Laserbeak and Ravage in Classic style of packaging. :p

Tober
24th April 2009, 01:44 PM
I think Laserbeak was included because there was a Hasbro reissue of G1 Soundwave with Laserbeak and Ravage in Classic style of packaging. :p

Yep, that would be it. :o

bruticus
24th April 2009, 02:10 PM
Universe Special Edition version of Overkill:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Overkill

Ah, no wonder i didnt recognise him...Cheers for that.

Oh yeah.... the classics style packaging would make them qualify...
Good work Kyle....

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2009, 03:56 PM
FP would be anything but bitter about this!
*nods* this is indeed a great compliment to them! :) Heck, I think any reference to fan activities from official sources is always a cool compliment, no matter how obscure. :)

jaydisc
24th April 2009, 04:45 PM

I agree. Since the Music Label headphones are also there though along with [what I presume is Music Label] Soundblaster, which version of Soundwave is it? Commemorative Series or Music Label? :D

liegeprime
24th April 2009, 09:02 PM
*nods* this is indeed a great compliment to them! :) Heck, I think any reference to fan activities from official sources is always a cool compliment, no matter how obscure. :)

Like JAaM. :D

jaydisc
27th April 2009, 09:06 AM
Actually, after some more thought, the inclusion of the Fans Project stuff makes perfect sense as Fans Project was a major sponsor/vendor/exclusive supplier.

STL
27th April 2009, 06:26 PM
anyone seen any of these on eBay? I can't seem to even locate one. looked late last night before I went to bed but even the completed listings showed nothing. :(

jaydisc
27th April 2009, 06:39 PM
I've been looking unsuccessfully too.

jaydisc
27th April 2009, 06:48 PM
Hey! Why is Jazz in there?

TheDirtyDigger
27th April 2009, 07:19 PM
I agree. Since the Music Label headphones are also there though along with [what I presume is Music Label] Soundblaster, which version of Soundwave is it? Commemorative Series or Music Label? :D

That is Music Label Soundwave. The elbows and back give it away.

Legends Jazz.

King Atlas
27th April 2009, 07:21 PM
Legends class jazz, unfortunately..

Blink90210
30th April 2009, 09:00 PM
Very nice, not as dynamic as Don's Classicverse litho a couple of years back but Milne's got more characters to play with.

jaydisc
19th May 2009, 09:23 PM
Damn! I just realized I have to buy Legends Jazz because he's in the Litho. :D