PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Megatron #13-#16

i_amtrunks
30th April 2009, 07:45 AM
The All Hail Megaton series is being extended.

The four issue CODA, is a coda no more, instead being incorporated into the main series, and gaining the numbers #13-#16.

All this and more info from RyallTime (http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/), the blog of IDW's Editor-in_chief.

Much like the UK Movie comics and the TF:Animated comics, issues #13-316 of AHm will contain two 11 page stories, handled by various creative teams. Simon Furman is back, and it is confirmed that Nick Roche will be handling a story that will hopefully close the yawning inconsistency of Kup between the end of his Spotlight and the beginning of AHM.

The two covers for AHM #13 are previewed, both feature Prime and Ironhide.

More information regaring the Transformers Comics post AHM will be revealed at Botcon.

kup
4th May 2009, 04:48 PM
Aparently Coda is going to focus on fixing the continuity issues such as what happened to Kup and so forth.

Lord_Zed
4th May 2009, 06:08 PM
Not a huge fan of such short stories, reminds me of the old Autbots Earthforce days. Still it could be interesting.

I'm more interested in what the next big thing post AHM will be? Assuming AHM ever ends.

i_amtrunks
5th May 2009, 08:23 AM
I'm more interested in what the next big thing post AHM will be? Assuming AHM ever ends.

Rumours abound on the IDW Boards concerning an ongoing series set post AHM, but since IDW have been so far reluctant to make an ongoing (need their #1 issues for sales) I'm not sure how true the rumours should be considered.

kup
5th May 2009, 09:14 AM
IDW in the past have said things that are a bit misleading too. I guess we won't really know what is going on until we read the first issue. However wasn't Furman announced as the writer of the coming issues rather than McCarthy?

i_amtrunks
5th May 2009, 11:47 AM
IDW in the past have said things that are a bit misleading too. I guess we won't really know what is going on until we read the first issue. However wasn't Furman announced as the writer of the coming issues rather than McCarthy?

Furman is only writing one or two stories of the 8 in the Coda.

kup
5th May 2009, 01:15 PM
Furman is only writing one or two stories of the 8 in the Coda.

If its McCarthy writing the rest again, I hope he gets his act together because he has proven that he is capable of writing a good story better than Volume 1 of AHM.

i_amtrunks
5th May 2009, 02:46 PM
Nick Roche is penning a Kup story that bridges the events of his Spotlight and his appearance in AHM.

I think, but do not quote me that Mike Costa might be writing a story for Coda too.

kup
5th May 2009, 03:03 PM
Nick Roche is penning a Kup story that bridges the events of his Spotlight and his appearance in AHM.

I think, but do not quote me that Mike Costa might be writing a story for Coda too.

Michael Costa, the former NSW treasurer and Transport minister is penning Coda??? Oh noes! Poor Astrotrain, he will be late or canceled :(

bruticus
5th May 2009, 03:25 PM
Man... im getting a serious headache jumping back and fourth, back and fourth between furmans 3 'ation volumes, stormbringer, all the spotlight issues, AHM, maximum dinobots....and now AHM coda....

can somebody please post for me the correct reading order for all these comics up to circa may 2009????

i_amtrunks
5th May 2009, 03:36 PM
Define correct.

As long as you read the main "tion" books in order, reading the other Spotlights and Stormbringer is unimportant, they fill in the Furmanverse, but are not necessarily required reading.

If you must read them in the "correct chronological timeline according to in story events" then I hope you have all the Spotlights on hand...

I'll try and figure out the best order I can and post it tomorrow.

kup
5th May 2009, 03:55 PM
I think it goes like this:

1. Infiltration
2. Stormbringer
3. Spotlights Vol1
4. Escalation
5. Spotlights Vol2
6. Devastation
7. Revelations (Spotlights Vol3)
8. AHM Vol1
9. Maximum Dinobots
10. Spotlights (Blurr, Jazz, Drift)
11. AHM Vol2 (issues 7-12)

bruticus
5th May 2009, 04:40 PM
If you must read them in the "correct chronological timeline according to in story events" then I hope you have all the Spotlights on hand...

I'll try and figure out the best order I can and post it tomorrow.

Chronological timeline according to events would be much appreciated...
Would a breakdown of where each individual spotlight issue goes in the timeline be too much to ask as well???
yes, I do have all the spotlight TPB volumes to date.
Look forward to your detailed list trunks...

I think it goes like this:

1. Infiltration
2. Stormbringer
3. Spotlights Vol1
4. Escalation
5. Spotlights Vol2
6. Devastation
7. Revelations (Spotlights Vol3)
8. AHM Vol1
9. Maximum Dinobots
10. Spotlights (Blurr, Jazz, Drift)
11. AHM Vol2 (issues 7-12)

Cheers kup, but I thought maximum dinobots go way before AHM as the autobots got betrayed after sunstreaker turns bitter on everybody when he lost his head and it got used and abused???

dammit.. i havent bought spotlight blurr and jazz yet as i figured they'd release a TPB vol 4 later on....if they are not releasing spotlight TPB vol 4 then ill go and hunt down a back issue of blurr and jazz this week...

kup
5th May 2009, 04:43 PM
Chronologically Max Dinos should go before AHM Vol1 but I think that its more enjoyable to read Max Dinos after AHMvol1 as it retroactively reveals the mystery of what's going on.

Spotlights Blur, Jazz and Drift can also be read before Max Dinos if you like or after the released AHMvol2 issues so there is no issue in waiting for the TPB.

bruticus
5th May 2009, 04:57 PM
OIC, thats a fair point...
i guess its like if you were to watch Starwars today for the first time ever and if Ep 1-3 is viewed first, then it will ruin the surprises in Ep 4-6 even though thats the chronological order...

so your list above is a reading order for entertainment value,
and trunk's list will be for chronological events as things happen...
cool...cheers guys...

Sky Shadow
6th May 2009, 09:21 AM
i guess its like if you were to watch Starwars today for the first time ever and if Ep 1-3 is viewed first, then it will ruin the surprises in Ep 4-6 even though thats the chronological order...

But it would also create new and awesome surprises. What... Senator Palpatine is evil? Padme is having children? Oh my god - they're turning Anakin into a robot!

i_amtrunks
6th May 2009, 09:59 AM
Alright I am going off the top of my head here, so I may be missing some titles, and there are a number of Spotlights whose timing is uncertain, or in multiple parts.

1. Megatron Origins 1-4
2. Spotlight Blurr
-some events mentioned in Spotlight Cyclonus, and Spotlight Prime could occur here-
3. Spotlight Jazz (1/2)
4. Spotlight Shockwave
5. Spotlight Soundwave (1/2)
-First Thunderwing attack (Stormbringer)-
6. Spotlight Wheelie (1/3)
7. Spotlight Blaster (1/2)
8. Spotlight Soundwave (2/2)
9. Spotlight Hot Rod
10. Spotlight Sixshot
11. Spotlight Ultra Magnus
12. Spotlight Nightbeat
13. Spotlight Kup (1/2)

The order of 7-11 is purely guesswork.

14. Infiltration 1-6 (concurrent with Stormbringer 1-4)
15. Stormbringer 1-4 (concurrent with Infiltration 1-6)
16. Spotlight Kup (2/2)
17. Escalation 1-4
18. Spotlight Ramjet (sometime in Escalation?)
19. Escalation 5-6
20. Spotlight Blaster (2/2)
21. Spotlight Optimus Prime
22. Spotlight Wheelie (2/3)
23. Spotlight Galvatron
24. Devastation 1
25. Spotlight Arcee
26. Devastation 2-6
27. Spotlight Grimlock
28. Spotlight Cyclonus
29. Spotlight Hardhead
30. Spotlight DoubleDealer
31. Spotlight Sideswipe
32. Maximum Dinobots 1-5
33. Spotlight Drift (could happen at anytime from 16 onwards)
34. AHM 1-9
35. Spotlight Jazz (2/2)
36. AHM 10-12
37. Spotlight Wheelie (3/3)

Unspecified:
Spotlight Mirage, Avengers vs. Transformers.

Spotlight Blurr does not tie in with anything else as yet, seeing as McCarthy saw fit to chuck in an extra Prime between Sentinel and Optimus. :rolleyes:

As I said this is a basic list, mostly figured from memory and a bit from Seibertron's comic section (as a checklist of what was released).

The best thing about Furmans run was that everything tied into everything else, and is wasnt very neat. Numbers like (1/2) mean no more than a part of the comic was set in this time, not that half of the issue was or anything.

kup
6th May 2009, 10:32 AM
Is Megatron Origins even within continuity? It seems like a badly written isolated story to me as it doesn't really fit the rest of IDW. It would have been fine as a prequel to AHM but since that has been made part of Furman's IDW, Megatron Origins still makes no sense.

i_amtrunks
6th May 2009, 10:55 AM
Is Megatron Origins even within continuity?

It is as in continuity as AHM as far as IDW are concerned.

Megatron Origins suffered from being cut from 6+ issues to 4, the poor editing process (not that it has improved dramatically since) second class comic status (first movie tie-ins were being released at the same time) and sloppy panelling.

But it is still part of the IDW Cannon.

bruticus
6th May 2009, 06:35 PM
awesome...
hopefully now with your lists, the stories will make more sense to me and flows better...
i'll go and re-read them later...

griffin
6th May 2009, 11:21 PM
TFwiki.net has a timeline, if you want the chronological order - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/IDW_timeline

i_amtrunks
20th May 2009, 03:15 PM
AHM#11 variant cover Lineart (http://caliber316.deviantart.com/art/AHM-11-cover-lines-122645394) and in full colour (http://khaamar.deviantart.com/art/All-Hail-Megatron-11-cover-123064497).

Awesomesauce, even if the scale is off...

Omega Supreme
20th May 2009, 03:37 PM
AHM#11 variant cover Lineart (http://caliber316.deviantart.com/art/AHM-11-cover-lines-122645394) and in full colour (http://khaamar.deviantart.com/art/All-Hail-Megatron-11-cover-123064497).

Awesomesauce, even if the scale is off...

Beautiful!