PDA

View Full Version : TF2 in Empire Magazine

1AZRAEL1
30th April 2009, 09:12 PM
Not sure how long after I get it that it actually comes out, but a battle damaged Optimus is on the front cover.

4 pages worth of reading.

Thought I'd share that with you good folk as a heads up.

FFN
30th April 2009, 10:14 PM
I believe this issue was released at the very end of last year or the very start of this year. I think it's the issue where Bay lied to Empire stating there was no Megatron in this movie.

1AZRAEL1
30th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Nope, new issue.
June 2009 Issue.

FFN
30th April 2009, 10:48 PM
They used the exact same image, then :(

Paulbot
30th April 2009, 10:49 PM
They used the exact same image, then :(

Don't get confused between the international version and the Australian version. None of the Australian versions have had that cover image yet. I'm hoping I can pick up a copy from the newsagent before next Tuesday. :)

1AZRAEL1
30th April 2009, 10:50 PM
Saves money haha.
But yea, quite an interesting read, different to the other issue (I think :confused:)

1AZRAEL1
30th April 2009, 10:50 PM
Don't get confused between the international version and the Australian version. None of the Australian versions have had that cover image yet. I'm hoping I can pick up a copy from the newsagent before next Tuesday. :)

That could explain it :p

FFN
30th April 2009, 10:51 PM
Empire must be hard-up for official images since Bay and Paramount seem so concerned about keeping this film secret. Their online feature on the characters basically copy-pasted information from Wikipedia articles for G1 versions of some characters, and used those two leaked pics of Devastator and The Fallen, complete with the watermarks of the chinese sites they came from.

QUALITY INTERNET JOURNALISM.

GoktimusPrime
1st May 2009, 09:20 AM
lawl. :)

This is why I cancelled my ToyFare magazine subscription last year. There's little news to be learnt from magazines these days that you can't get off the interwebs. In the old days they used to have decent toy reviews and jokes that were funny that made the magazines worth buying too - but now it's all about product promotion and yeah, I always read about it first on the net long before it hits print. And the price guide was useful before online auction sites like eBay existed.

1AZRAEL1
1st May 2009, 01:02 PM
I only subscribed to it anyway to get a George Lucas figure in Stormtrooper gear.
Was a free gift for subscribing.