PDA

View Full Version : WORLDWIDE SHORTAGE ON HENKEI ALERT!

TheDirtyDigger
1st May 2009, 10:02 AM
I don't want to start a panic but if Hasbro aren't making a Classics Red Alert do you think TakTom will have the foresight and capacity to satisfy the demand for this figure?
Not only will TakTom have to produce enough for the needs of their traditional markets and usual importers but there will be massive extra demand from the largest consumer market, the U.S.

Am I being paranoid? Should I even care? Hasbro's not making a Red Alert right?

GoktimusPrime
1st May 2009, 10:15 AM
Afaik Hasbro's not making Red Alert. But TakaraTOMY cannot produce extra figures to satisfy demands from importers living outside of their market region. This is due to a legal contract that exists between TakaraTOMY and Hasbro which forbids them from intruding onto each other's markets. TakaraTOMY cannot touch Hasbro's markets without permission from Hasbro and likewise Hasbro can't touch TakaraTOMY's market without permission from TakaraTOMY.

I learnt this in a telephone conversation I had with Takara in 2003.

gamblor916
1st May 2009, 10:16 AM
Let the mad rush for Henkei Alert begin...
Scalpers are going to have a field day :rolleyes:

liegeprime
1st May 2009, 10:20 AM
Darn, a TFPH co-member living in Singapore already got his Henkei Red alert (he posted a pic in the site's Acqui thread. Mebbe we can ask doubledealer or another Singa based member to loot for us? Oor Kyle's friend mebbe?

Sky Shadow
1st May 2009, 10:20 AM
Am I being paranoid? Hmm... well perhaps you sound almost as paranoid as Red Alert himself. Well done, if that was your intention. :)

Should I even care?

No, it's just a crappy repaint with extra lights.

JuzMel
1st May 2009, 10:55 AM
DD just needed something to amuse himself.. heehee

kup
1st May 2009, 11:22 AM
Both Smokescreen and Alert appear to be discontinued at HLJ before they were even releases. We were lucky to get in before this happened.

jaydisc
1st May 2009, 03:42 PM
I think Red Alert is going to make Henkei Hound look like a shelfwarmer. Unlike previous Henkei 2.0 releases, I don't expect a May restock, because May is when TT are shipping their ROTF figures.

Add this to the fact that neither Toy Wholesaler nor Robot Kingdom (theory) both were unable to fulfill all pre-orders.

My advice is if you want this figure and you can find for under A$60... do it.

Zippo
1st May 2009, 07:14 PM
Glad I decided not to wait on getting mine from RK just before they went up in price.

kurdt_the_goat
1st May 2009, 07:53 PM
Afaik Hasbro's not making Red Alert. But TakaraTOMY cannot produce extra figures to satisfy demands from importers living outside of their market region. This is due to a legal contract that exists between TakaraTOMY and Hasbro which forbids them from intruding onto each other's markets. TakaraTOMY cannot touch Hasbro's markets without permission from Hasbro and likewise Hasbro can't touch TakaraTOMY's market without permission from TakaraTOMY.

I learnt this in a telephone conversation I had with Takara in 2003.

This sounds to me like they can't *directly* intrude on the other's markets - ie actually releasing TT branded toys in the US. I bet there's nothing stopping TT assessing worldwide demand and releasing to Japan only, a shitload more figures than Japan would normally consume. Who's gonna ever know how many go outside the country anyway? That said, i doubt they've done that.. unless recent experience with Henkei seekers etc has enlightened them to the (i assume) high demand from overseas.

roller
1st May 2009, 08:01 PM
drat

these 2 were some i was after :(

Defcon
1st May 2009, 08:34 PM
I think its a possibility hasbro will do red alert at some stage next year. Purely speculative though! and they love repaints :)
I would get a henkei red alert just in case they don't. That is probably how all the collectors see it.

Doubledealer
1st May 2009, 09:27 PM
It's a mold most of us have already bought twice already. Care factor zero. :p

GoktimusPrime
1st May 2009, 10:57 PM
+1. I might get it if Hasbro releases it, otherwise I'm not gonna go out on a limb to import one.

Zippo
2nd May 2009, 01:29 PM
Well, after reading this thread and a similar one on TFW, I went hunting.
Still a few online stores with for less than BBTS original price, as well as ebay.

gamblor916
5th May 2009, 09:59 AM
Toywave still have some at decent prices.

http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/product.php?table=378

kup
5th May 2009, 10:37 AM
I think its a possibility hasbro will do red alert at some stage next year. Purely speculative though! and they love repaints :)
I would get a henkei red alert just in case they don't. That is probably how all the collectors see it.

I think its possible that Hasbro will eventually release the mold as Red Alert even if not within Universe then some other future line, possibly movie as they did with Crasher (Fracture). Repaints is what Hasbro loves to do and with Red Alert, they don't have to think much as the color scheme is already mapped out and the retooling for the roof lights has already been done.

Defcon
5th May 2009, 03:45 PM
Well some may be hoping for a Universe Red Alert, but in Japan some might be asking where is Henkei Dragstrip, Overkill and Cliffjumper ;) ???

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2009, 05:46 PM
Or they could go for the already existing Universe Red Alert (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/92/Universelegendsredalert.jpg) and Henkei Cliffjumper (http://homepage3.nifty.com/redalert/toybox/tf/cla/HHC1819/AMG_7378c.jpg). :p ;) :D

dirge
10th May 2009, 09:45 AM
Some off topic posts have been removed from this section until the board Admin is able to access his PC and deal with them directly. Any more off topic posts by the same users will be similarly removed.

TheDirtyDigger
10th May 2009, 09:47 AM
Well my henkei Alert should be here anyday. Got mine from the same seller as Jaydisc.

blackie
10th May 2009, 09:56 AM
i got mine yesterday
looks stunning, i would have to say its one of the best henkeis i own

TheDirtyDigger
10th May 2009, 10:02 AM
i got mine yesterday

Well you know we have a saying 'round here....

Pics or it didn't happen

blackie
10th May 2009, 10:04 AM
Well you know we have a saying 'round here....

later young man
need to steal my bros camera to get some decent pics, my phone sucks

Bartrim
10th May 2009, 05:09 PM
i got mine yesterday

Sweet. Can't wait to get mine:D