PDA

View Full Version : Shane McCarthy @Perth, Ruth Faulkner libary

Zahhak
3rd May 2009, 12:46 AM
The Ruth Faulkner Libary is having a sort of Graphic Novel day with Shance McCarthy as a guest speaker. Details are as follows

21 May, 6:30pm-7:30pm
215 Wright Street
Cloverdale WA 6150
(Across from the Belmont shopping center)
Guest Speakers: Writer: Shane McCarthy
Illustrator: TBA
Wear your Favourite comic t-shirt or dress up as your favourite Character.(Best Costume wins a prize)
Refreshments provided(I was told there was going to be pizza)
Bookings Essential: 9477 7150

There wasn't many people sighned up when put my name down but that was a few days ago(sorry it took so long for me to post this). You can make a booking by calling or going round to the library itself,
Also I'll try and find the flier and a picture of the flier when I take a picture of it.

valkyrie_76
3rd May 2009, 08:53 AM
Damn away overseas............would have liked to get more stuff signed by him.

roller
3rd May 2009, 10:40 AM
incase anyone is wondering

the 21st of May is a Thursday

so Zahhak is going

who else is going?

i'll come if there are a few more drones/people

Kyle
4th May 2009, 09:57 AM
Wish I can come... but for the next month or so I'll be stuck at uni from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday to Thursday. Not much time to sneak off... especially bad when the ROTF toys are going on shelves soon... :(

STL
4th May 2009, 05:52 PM
Wish I can come... but for the next month or so I'll be stuck at uni from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday to Thursday. Not much time to sneak off... especially bad when the ROTF toys are going on shelves soon... :(

Sick days! :D

roller
21st May 2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone going to this?

Since there will probably be another in-shop signing in the city, i'll wait till then to get the rest of AHM autographed

Zahhak
21st May 2009, 06:51 PM
I was going but I don't think I can make it, the weather is terriable and I have to bus it. Which sucks but alas I can't control the rain...yet
oh well back to WaR.

Wheel-J
22nd May 2009, 09:10 AM
Somehow related to the topic, Shane was interviewed on ten today (http://9am.ten.com.au/9am-22-05-2009.htm) talking bout batman and transformers. :cool:

Shane McCarthy
Shane McCarthy is a home-grown talent from Perth who writes the stories for comic books for the likes of DV and Marvel comics. Shane discussed his work which includes writing stories for Batman and Transformers. He is appearing at the Emerging Writers Festival which runs in Melbourne from May 22 – 31, a festival for newer and somewhat different writers.
www.emergingwritersfestival.org.au