PDA

View Full Version : Movie toys now being found in American stores.

griffin
6th May 2009, 12:41 AM
The first wave of deluxes have been found in a Walmart in America, which had Bumblebee, Sideways, Sideswipe, Rampage and Breakaway.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-deluxe-class-wave-1-released-at-us-retail-167481/

Plus the first wave of Leaders (Optimus, Megatron) and Voyager (Starscream) at a different US storechain.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/the-street-date-has-been-broken-revenge-of-the-fallen-leaders-and-voyagers-bought-at-us-retail-167475/

This is on top of another country now stocking the Preview figures (Canada), after a number of fans in a few European countries finding them in the last couple of weeks.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-preview-figures-released-in-canada-167482/

The toys aren't supposed to be out until May 30th, so I wonder if we might see some here soon as well.

griffin
11th May 2009, 01:55 PM
More of the Movie toys are being found in US stores as stock arrives and some stores probably don't have the space to have them sit around until the end of the month (or just don't care about the release date). Some sightings have been at Walmart stores though, which their registers won't scan them up, preventing purchases before the release date (basically, the toys are being put on the shelves as soon as they arrive, without the people realising they aren't going anywhere for a couple weeks).

Scounts Dead End, Knock Out, Dirt Boss, Rollbar.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-wave-1-scouts-found-at-retail-167530/

FABs
Devastation Blast Long Haul
Beam Blast Autobot Ratchet
Magna Missile Sideways
Photon Missile Jetfire
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-fast-action-battlers-wave-2-also-arriving-in-stores-167534/

Paulbot
13th May 2009, 01:03 AM
So far I have only seen ROTF Robot Heroes at one Walmart that wouldnt sell them to me. No previews on general release or anything else yet.

Sky Shadow
13th May 2009, 09:01 AM
More of the Movie toys are being found in US stores as stock arrives and some stores probably don't have the space to have them sit around until the end of the month (or just don't care about the release date). Some sightings have been at Walmart stores though, which their registers won't scan them up, preventing purchases before the release date (basically, the toys are being put on the shelves as soon as they arrive, without the people realising they aren't going anywhere for a couple weeks).

Or are they?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/424/sptni143.jpg

The ridiculous thing is that I know David already has his ROTF toys, so presumably this is exactly what he did. And yet this also exactly the sort of thing he (and this character) condemn in other people, time and again.

griffin
13th May 2009, 01:07 PM
The other day I was actually thinking that the self-checkout registers might be the only way around the restriction, somehow. But that method described above would be considered fraud though. Even if they were priced the same, you would be deceptively switching items with intent to acquire an item that you otherwise would not be allowed to acquire.

MV75
14th May 2009, 07:24 PM
But that seems a pretty stupid thing to do anyway, putting out stuff in the sales area that you arn't allowed to sell yet.

Stupid dumbarses deserve people to do that "trick" to them and totally fudge up their sales/inventory figures.

And what will they do Griff? call the cops and arrest them for buying stuff on the sales floor? :D

jaydisc
14th May 2009, 08:24 PM
And what will they do Griff? call the cops and arrest them for buying stuff on the sales floor? :D

They called the cops on me because I took a photo of a price tag! :D

enforcer888
14th May 2009, 08:50 PM
The other day I was actually thinking that the self-checkout registers might be the only way around the restriction, somehow. But that method described above would be considered fraud though. Even if they were priced the same, you would be deceptively switching items with intent to acquire an item that you otherwise would not be allowed to acquire.

How do the security systems work at stores?

1orion2many
14th May 2009, 10:53 PM
:)In case anyone is interested I saw Soundwave and Bumblebee tonight and they will be available in store tomorrow at $29.99:D

hound
15th May 2009, 12:33 AM
:)In case anyone is interested I saw Soundwave and Bumblebee tonight and they will be available in store tomorrow at $29.99:D
Sighted Soundwave and Bumblebee at Target earlier today. Soundwave a triple changer.

griffin
15th May 2009, 01:32 AM
The embargo or release date for movie toys doesn't include the preview figures (Bumblebee and Soundwave). Those two are meant to be released early to mid May.
It's everything else that isn't supposed to be available until May 30th.

griffin
15th May 2009, 02:05 AM
Scratch that. Seems that the 2 preview toys do have a release date of May 15th, which is today. But really, I don't see the point of release dates for toys, especially something like Transformers, which isn't really that collectable as a toyline (to people outside of the committed fandom). Something like Star Wars, when the movies were being released, made more sense as a promotional tool. But to the general public, and in terms of marketting, Transformers Movie toys are just yet another toyline out of the thousands out there. All Hasbro are doing is frustrating the fans, because the kids and parents aren't going to be hunting down those toys until after the movie is out.

jaydisc
16th May 2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I was just going to ask what the intended point of the embargo is. What is their theory?

Paulbot
16th May 2009, 01:14 PM
Perhaps the chance to report about sales on the first day, although they know that collectors/speculators are the ones that will be snapping up on that day. I assume it's so stores can also do cross promotions.

No preview figures at TRU Manhattan today.