PDA

View Full Version : Will the new release of the Japanese G1 have changes to sound and subtitles??

primatives
6th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know if Madman will fix up subtitle errors on these DVD's? They did such a good job by adding in American terms and Japanese terms they could have gotten somone to at least fix up some of the translation errors then it would be the best one out there.

Gutsman Heavy
6th May 2009, 01:35 PM
Madman just reused the UK releases for our version, I doubt they'll fix the prolems with the set

GoktimusPrime
6th May 2009, 02:26 PM
I don't watch it with the subtitles so I didn't even realise this problem existed. :p But I'd be doubtful too - they even reuse dubtitles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubtitle) from other companies that they obtain animé titles from. *sigh* (-_-)

SGB
6th May 2009, 08:06 PM
What were the subtitle errors?

TheDirtyDigger
7th May 2009, 07:26 AM
What were the subtitle errors?

Watch it in English but with the subtitles on as well. There's not many mistakes...only several hundred. I've been watching Headmasters lately and I have to say that it's definitely better in Japanese. I do wish these were redubbed properly.

Krayt
7th May 2009, 03:07 PM
I thought it was just the bad english dub that was the problem, and the subtitles ignored that and translated the japanese, hence the difference between english voice and text...