PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool, movie.

Gutsman Heavy
7th May 2009, 02:02 PM
yay (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003226.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)

Sky Shadow
7th May 2009, 02:14 PM
yay (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003226.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)

It had better be a comedy. If they make a Deadpool movie with no sense of humour then I'm seriously going to lose mine.

1AZRAEL1
7th May 2009, 02:51 PM
Yea I saw that.
Rather than clog up this part of the forum with every new movie thread (there are a few I saw they are making) I think we should make a thread on upcoming movies, I'll go create one now :D

GoktimusPrime
7th May 2009, 02:56 PM
A spin-off of a spin-off!

Fox is also in the formative stages of a "Wolverine" sequel that will encompass the samurai storyline that was hinted at as Wolverine sat in a bar in Japan as the film concluded

When I saw Logan as a boy in 1845 I was afraid that they'd ruled out the Samurai arc from Wolverine's origins in the movie continuity as the Samurai were phased out in Japan during the 1860s-70s. So by optimistic estimates, by the time Logan reaches adulthood (and for some reason his aging then severely slows down - I'm guessing because his regenerative powers hadn't fully kicked in yet?) and travels to Japan, the Samurai would be in their decline. It would pretty much be the same period as "The Last Samurai."

I must admit I'm not very familiar with Wolverine's feudal Japanese background in the comics so I don't know how faithful that premise would be to the comics.

kup
7th May 2009, 03:07 PM
I don't trust this to be very good.

I didnt think that Wolverine was very good either :/

loophole
7th May 2009, 06:24 PM
It had better be a comedy. If they make a Deadpool movie with no sense of humour then I'm seriously going to lose mine.

+1

jgon2098
7th May 2009, 07:02 PM
Loved wolverine, big fan of ryan reynolds, van wilder etc, this is excellent excellent news.

Robzy
7th May 2009, 09:19 PM
Deadpool rocks!

TheDirtyDigger
7th May 2009, 09:34 PM
Great news!

I just scored the rare and expensive ML Deadpool figure for a great price on Ozfigurama.

Here he is facing off against Zera...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9625/deadpoolzera.jpg

Lord_Zed
7th May 2009, 11:32 PM
Mixed feelings about this.

Ryan Reynolds was awesome as Wade, but Deadpool sucked.

Overall I found Wolverine decidedly average for a blockbuster. Still I suppose it was better than Fantastic Four

1AZRAEL1
8th May 2009, 12:15 AM
Mixed feelings about this.

Ryan Reynolds was awesome as Wade, but Deadpool sucked.

Overall I found Wolverine decidedly average for a blockbuster. Still I suppose it was better than Fantastic Four

speaking of Fantastic 4, you heard they are to remake it, already?
Apparentley they want to do it darker, like Dark Knight and Watchmen (both great movies in my opinion)

loophole
8th May 2009, 06:26 PM
am i the only one that liked Fantastic 4?! they dont need to remake its fine as it is, its family friendly in a good way besides i didnt think that the Fantastic 4 were meant to be a dark series arrrrrrrgh!!

Gutsman Heavy
8th May 2009, 06:29 PM
They were kinda crap imo. Doesn't need to be dark, just good.

TheDirtyDigger
8th May 2009, 07:11 PM
FF1 was great. FF2 wasn't as good. Silver Surfer was fine but Jessica Alba really didn't look anywhere near as hot as she did previously. Wtf was up with that spray-on tan?

There is one dark FF limited series by Grant Morrison that explores deeper themes of infidelity (Sue getting it on with Namor) and other such naughty adult stuff. That would be good on screen.

liegeprime
8th May 2009, 07:57 PM
Erm Im not too familiar with the deadpool character but is he really an amalgam of different mutant powers, including those eyebeams that cyclops has, or is that just for the movie version. Isnt he supposed to be unkillable?

Unregistered
8th May 2009, 07:59 PM
Erm Im not too familiar with the deadpool character but is he really an amalgam of different mutant powers, including those eyebeams that cyclops has, or is that just for the movie version. Isnt he supposed to be unkillable?

Just for the movie and yes, unkillable.

Sky Shadow
8th May 2009, 08:27 PM

Deadpool is basically the Marvel Universe version of a Looney Tunes cartoon character. He's annoying, he doesn't shut up, sometimes he pulls weapons out of nowhere and no matter how many times you kill him, he comes back to life.

His incessant healing factor is his power and it also causes his insanity, but it keeps the cancer that would otherwise kill him at bay. He is, to all intents and purposes, immortal - and this is a source of amusement in the current Messiah War storyline - X-Force has time travelled to the year 2974 to discover that Deadpool is still alive, having lived 500 years doing random crap before locking himself in a freezer for 400 years just because he saw Indiana Jones do it in a movie. Or something.

kup
8th May 2009, 10:43 PM
Deadpool is basically the Marvel Universe version of a Looney Tunes cartoon character. He's annoying, he doesn't shut up, sometimes he pulls weapons out of nowhere and no matter how many times you kill him, he comes back to life.

His incessant healing factor is his power and it also causes his insanity, but it keeps the cancer that would otherwise kill him at bay. He is, to all intents and purposes, immortal - and this is a source of amusement in the current Messiah War storyline - X-Force has time travelled to the year 2974 to discover that Deadpool is still alive, having lived 500 years doing random crap before locking himself in a freezer for 400 years just because he saw Indiana Jones do it in a movie. Or something.

The popular culture references are great as well as when he develops obsessions for random people like some Marvel super heroine that may cross his path or Bea Arthur (RIP).

Lord_Zed
9th May 2009, 11:03 AM

His incessant healing factor is his power and it also causes his insanity, but it keeps the cancer that would otherwise kill him at bay.

No not insanity he's Hypersane. He's the only one in the Marvel universe that know's he's a fictional comic book character.

Sky Shadow
9th May 2009, 11:13 AM
No not insanity he's Hypersane. He's the only one in the Marvel universe that know's he's a fictional comic book character.

Ah, I see.

He's not the only one though. Other members of Deadpool's supporting cast, She-Hulk and some of her cast, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, Monkey-Joe and Tippy-Toe also seem to be aware that they're comic book characters.

Paulbot
10th May 2009, 05:44 AM
Surely a Deadpool movie is going to have to be funny Deadpool. In the limited time he was on screen (and in plently of other movies and TV shows) Ryan Reynolds proves he can do the never shuts up always cracking joke routine.

When I saw Logan as a boy in 1845 I was afraid that they'd ruled out the Samurai arc from Wolverine's origins in the movie continuity as the Samurai were phased out in Japan during the 1860s-70s.

As far as I recall, Wolverine's time in Japan happened after he joined the X-Men, and he was never a 'Samurai', he just you know fought with honour and stereotypical stuff like that, loved the daughter of a crimelord, adopted an orphaned girl, fought ninjas etc. But I could be wrong. Wolverine's past is half false memories and confusion anyway, and I think the end of credits scene was setting up the next movie to feature Mariko (and Silver Samurai would make a cool villain for it).

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th May 2009, 12:20 AM
Ooh Yeh, I like the Silver Smaurai! Kicks ass in the Children of the Atom game!

Deadpool movie would be awesome! I enjoyed him as Wade in the Wolverine film, but was shaking my head at the end asking myself "why?"

I though Wolverine movie was ok. Lots of stabbing, but not much blood at all. Live Shcrieber(?) did a great job as crazy killing Sabretooth! Just what was up with Prof X's face? You'd think they would have the effects budget to make it look less crap than they did! I was shocked at how rubbish it looked!:eek: