PDA

View Full Version : Movie toy KOs already out...

griffin
11th May 2009, 02:15 PM
Now if there was any decent reason why Hasbro should be putting a stop to all the pre-production/pre-release toys sneaking their way out of the factories, this would be it. In the couple months that it has taken for the unauthorised samples to be sold on ebay by asian sellers, to the official release of the toys, counterfeit copies have been produced, packaged and distributed to stores. And in the case of Depth Charge, there's probably a 6-8 week period of the KO being available before the real thing.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-toys-already-knocked-off-167533/

Hasbro and TakaraTomy should get their act in gear and deal with these leaked toys, or else they are going to be competing against much cheaper alternatives, many of which will be available for purchase before the real thing.

Golden Phoenix
11th May 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow. This is really a bad thing. If a fake can be released before the actual toy is out, things must be wrong.

Robzy
12th May 2009, 12:22 AM
That's really disgusting!

:mad:

Tober
12th May 2009, 12:51 AM
That's really disgusting!

:mad:

As much as I do agree there is a side of me that laughs. If Hasbro are going to use the cheapest labour and factories they can find then...

Ode to a Grasshopper
12th May 2009, 02:53 AM
Man those Soundwaves are fugly...all the colours of the rainbow!

EDIT - It's sorta hard to feel too sorry for Habro when they're removing everything non-ROTF from shelves for months on end and we can't get Ani Shockwave and co. over here without importing...

In semi-related news, now Mickey's been KOd (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/buyer-beware---knockoff-disney-label-mickey-mouse-transformers-found-167541/) too...:rolleyes:

Pipesqueak
12th May 2009, 02:24 PM
OK I'll be the bad guy then: At least one of the Soundwave KOs is BLUE, unlike hasbro's mostly drab grey with minimal blue highlights original.

i_amtrunks
12th May 2009, 02:30 PM
OK I'll be the bad guy then: At least one of the Soundwave KOs is BLUE, unlike hasbro's mostly drab grey with minimal blue highlights original.

Wait for the repaints :rolleyes:

I expect a blue, and a black Decepticon and possibly even a Red Autobot repaint...

MV75
12th May 2009, 07:03 PM
As much as I do agree there is a side of me that laughs. If Hasbro are going to use the cheapest labour and factories they can find then...

Yep, I fully agree with that too. They deserve it for being so money grubbing.

I have no sympathy over rotf ko toys being produced.

There was a time when quality and workmanship was high and the kos only came months after. Now it's been reversed, the kos are coming first, and probably would be the less dissapointing buys.

I raise an eyebrow at this one though:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/new-transformers-generation-1-devastator-constructicons-bootleg-with-tfw-logo-on-the-packaging-167536/

Check the logo on the box.

Tober
12th May 2009, 08:08 PM
I raise an eyebrow at this one though:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/new-transformers-generation-1-devastator-constructicons-bootleg-with-tfw-logo-on-the-packaging-167536/

Check the logo on the box.

I literally LOLed when I saw that. Maybe it's their way of saying "thanks" for all the support TFW2005 has given them over the years.

So there's no way that a toy has been stolen and reverse engineered is there? There must have been the theft of the actual factory molds for the KO makers to get these out in such short time. Which would also imply that the quality is probably very close to that of Hasbro's but with cheaper plastics and paints.

ie no, I havent read the thread incase of spoilers.

MV75
12th May 2009, 09:21 PM
Actually wouldn't surprise me if some workers stayed back and produced these for the ko market at the real factory.

That's the problem with things made in china, they then do substitutions/deals at the factory level to maximise the contract $ further. The most prominant example is the lead paint fiasco.

griffin
13th May 2009, 12:58 AM
I literally LOLed when I saw that. Maybe it's their way of saying "thanks" for all the support TFW2005 has given them over the years.

So there's no way that a toy has been stolen and reverse engineered is there? There must have been the theft of the actual factory molds for the KO makers to get these out in such short time. Which would also imply that the quality is probably very close to that of Hasbro's but with cheaper plastics and paints.

ie no, I havent read the thread incase of spoilers.

They would be reverse engineered (pulled apart and cheap moulds made of every single piece), because of the noticeable size changes of KOs (either larger or smaller than the real thing). Not sure why that happens, as I would have thought it be easier to generate moulds of the same size or only just slightly off-sized.
Those basics look to be deluxe sized, which is a big size change, and proves that they weren't manufactured at any legit Transformers Factory. Same with Soundwave, because the real moulds wouldn't end up with multiple head attachments.

Tober
13th May 2009, 09:23 AM
Apparently the later higher quality KOs of Mirage, Wheeljack etc were taken from aquired origional molds.

If they are different sizes then they have been reversed and recast. Damn they were fast about it tho, and that's going to be a real problem for Hasbro.