PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Prime now KOed.

griffin
12th May 2009, 02:14 PM
Another toy has been pirated, and it's a fairly rare one too, making it a good target for the producers of KOs. And they've done both colour versions too (just no chrome, and are apparently even smaller than the real thing).

In packaging this would be easy to spot, but there are a few things out of packaging you need to look for:

they lack the clear plastic windows in vehicle mode and on the visor in robot mode, as well as not having the mini driver pilot figure who rides on the robot head or sits in the truck cab

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/buyer-beware---knockoff-disney-label-mickey-mouse-transformers-found-167541/

i_amtrunks
12th May 2009, 02:32 PM
and are apparently even smaller than the real thing).

How is that possible, isn't Mickeymus already tiny?

I expect the quality of Mickeymus would be on par with the shoe-formers, ie not very good, so that might help differentiate between loose real and KO figures in the future.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th May 2009, 03:25 AM
Crikey by Jingoes. They are pretty easy for us to spot, but for the layman they might think its the real deal. Considering how short a run the toy had, I doubt many non-tf fans outside of Japan know about it....

Movie toys, Mickey Prime getting out of hand big time!

Sky Shadow
13th May 2009, 10:22 AM
How is that possible, isn't Mickeymus already tiny?

I think this *may* be owing to confusion by the original poster who said "They are undersized, mini size" - and he might not have realised that the originals were that way too.

MV75
13th May 2009, 06:39 PM
Can anyone honestly say they really care or that it will lower the value of the ones they already (don't/never will), have? :)

fatbot
18th May 2009, 09:47 AM
Can anyone honestly say they really care or that it will lower the value of the ones they already (don't/never will), have? :)

Your right, i owm mickey convoy, mickeymus prime or whatever one likes to call it and i'm not worried about a drop in value, i bought because him i liked the look of the figure and thought it was a great interesting direection for transformers to travel in.

nettie!
8th July 2009, 07:55 PM
where can i get a mickey prime??