PDA

View Full Version : Actual D********r combiner?

Gutsman Heavy
12th May 2009, 02:33 PM
Legends do what supreme dont!
LINKY! (http://www.toywizard.net/transformers-movie-ez-collection-dx-devastator-set/)

http://images.toywizard.net/0001/transformers-movie-ez-collection-dx-devastator-550x378.jpg

i_amtrunks
12th May 2009, 02:42 PM
So it seems that there will be one set of Triple changing Constructicons released for ROTF Devastator.

Legends Class Combiner (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rotf-ez-legends-devastatorwhat-youve-been-wanting/15805/)

All seven Takara EZ figures can transform from robot to alt mode, to combiner component, and all in the legends size class, something that Hasbro could not, or would not achieve in larger scale size classes.

And if these get a Hasbro version release, would make for one of the cheaper combiners in recent times.

iceburn
12th May 2009, 03:05 PM
mini one is better than none...

jaydisc
12th May 2009, 03:24 PM
SICK

Uh, 7?

Firecracker
12th May 2009, 03:30 PM
Oh that is wicked! As 'bout as accurate as you'll get out of Legends class, but marvelous engineering! Check out Hightower's 'robot' mode... very non-humanoid.

Looks like I'll have to break my 'No Legends class' rule for this line. :o

Krayt
12th May 2009, 03:31 PM
There has been things saying Seven Constructicons for AGES.....

maybe this is why? can't make 6 joing together in these little ones so a 7th legend only one was needed?

Mr_K
12th May 2009, 04:06 PM
Getting these for sure, but hopefully we will see a larger scale combining set sometime perhaps??? Surely if they can do this great work with the smaller figures they can do it with the larger figures.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would happily do without each of the 'third modes' of each of the deluxes in replace of an ability to combine -> I will even accept if they weren't as show accurate in robot mode as the current deluxes coming out, just make them combine.

SilverDragon
12th May 2009, 05:22 PM
Sweet, I love the Legends toys, and the fact that these combine makes it even better. I shall call him Mini-Devs.

I hope this gets a Hasbro release, and not in a big expensive pack.

Krayt
12th May 2009, 06:14 PM
Getting these for sure, but hopefully we will see a larger scale combining set sometime perhaps??? Surely if they can do this great work with the smaller figures they can do it with the larger figures.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would happily do without each of the 'third modes' of each of the deluxes in replace of an ability to combine -> I will even accept if they weren't as show accurate in robot mode as the current deluxes coming out, just make them combine.

um.... have you been hiding under a rock???

There is a big combiner set with only vehicle and combined mode, and individual figures which are only vehicle, robot and attack mode....

these are the only that do vehicle, robot and combine...

SMHFConvoy
12th May 2009, 06:23 PM
There has been things saying Seven Constructicons for AGES.....

maybe this is why? can't make 6 joing together in these little ones so a 7th legend only one was needed?
I think the 7th guy, Overload is the part that the other six Constructicons link to to form Devastator.

GoktimusPrime
12th May 2009, 07:02 PM
And there is my Devastator toy! WOO!! :D

Interesting to see that TakaraTOMY have lost the rights to the names Rampage, Mixmaster and Overload (which in Japanese is the same as Overlord) - they've had to tack "Decepticon~" in front of each of those names. Must've been recent because Takara used the name "Rampage" in 2003 for the Micron Legend version of Armada Wheeljack and they used the name "Mixmaster" for the chase repaint of reissue Mixing in the same year... although that was only eluded to in the text-story and not actually on the packaging (which was identical to the standard reissue).

GoktimusPrime
12th May 2009, 07:07 PM
Oh what a feeling...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/feeling.gif
...group import! ;)

Mayhaps this thread be merged with this one (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4211)? :)

loophole
12th May 2009, 07:32 PM
that does look cool!!

Sky Shadow
12th May 2009, 08:03 PM
I'll wait for the obligatory purple and green repaint. ;) So does anyone know if there are six Constructicons in the film, or seven?

Doubledealer
12th May 2009, 08:25 PM
Wow, this is such brilliant news! The legs inparticular look perfect in all modes. :) The "arms" leave a bit to be desired but they'll do I spose. Definite buy regardless!

SilverDragon
12th May 2009, 08:49 PM
That looks great! I think I will get it if I can.

It's pretty much certain that this won't be Japan-exclusive, given that it's a bunch of Legends-class TFs made for a film that isn't Japanese in origin.

The head-piece looks separate from the other Constructicons.

Robzy
12th May 2009, 11:46 PM
Oh yeah... I'll be getting these guys for sure! :eek:

Sweet, I love the Legends toys, and the fact that these combine makes it even better
QFT! You took the words outta my mouth! I'm a big Legends fan, so this is great news!

I hope this gets a Hasbro release, and not in a big expensive pack.QFT again! What are you - inside my head or something???! :D

Robzy
12th May 2009, 11:50 PM
That looks amazing! :eek:

Robzy
12th May 2009, 11:51 PM
Mayhaps this thread be merged with this one (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4211)? :)Yeah, sorry Trunks... Gutsman just beat you to it :p

optimus1
13th May 2009, 12:02 AM
:cool:

I also really hope these make it over here or else will be very disappointed:(

Stompy
13th May 2009, 12:18 AM
Most awaited figures for the RotF for me now. Still hard to believe they can engineer a combining set with each having individual alt and bot modes, while the deluxes can't. Sure it's got to do with compromises, market and manufacturing logistics but it feels as if it's a token gesture for the separate Dev combiner and individual figures. Can't wait.

Mr_K
13th May 2009, 08:08 AM
um.... have you been hiding under a rock???

There is a big combiner set with only vehicle and combined mode, and individual figures which are only vehicle, robot and attack mode....

these are the only that do vehicle, robot and combine...

No I haven't been living under a rock, but thanks for asking. What you've told me is what I already new. If you read my post correctly you would have seen that I was saying that I would have rather not had deluxes that had a "third mode" or "attack mode" as you say and have a sacrificed bot mode in order to have them combine.

Defcon
13th May 2009, 09:15 AM
This is great news. I just noticed that the bot modes have been mixed up between rampage and scrapper.You will notice this cause one has wheels and the other tracks. Also after reading the info at the link, it seems that a full carton will have 24 pcs, having 3 full sets and 3 spares. These guys must all be packaged individually. It is highly likely we will see these guys here eventually.

So far my favourite 2 constructicons will be Long Haul and Scrapper, mostly because the bot modes are humanoid. I can appeciate the others over time.

GoktimusPrime
13th May 2009, 09:37 AM
Still hard to believe they can engineer a combining set with each having individual alt and bot modes, while the deluxes can't. Sure it's got to do with compromises, market and manufacturing logistics but it feels as if it's a token gesture for the separate Dev combiner and individual figures.
An excellent point. To me it tells me that the separate Constructicons/Devastator thing is basically just a shameless money-milking gimmick. Everyone look out your window and you'll the "it can't be done at a Deluxe/Voyager scale" argument flying out. ;)

jaydisc
13th May 2009, 10:33 AM
To me it tells me that the separate Constructicons/Devastator thing is basically just a shameless money-milking gimmick. Everyone look out your window and you'll the "it can't be done at a Deluxe/Voyager scale" argument flying out. ;)

I disagree completely. Hasbro's excuse was something to the effect that they were unable to have the full size Devastator components individually transform and still match the size and presence of the combined figure in the movie.

Putting forth the argument that since they have accomplished it with Legends class figures, it therefore negates their reasoning, is simply not listening to the reasoning.

Take any deluxe class, movie style figure. Now stack at least 2 more deluxes and 2 voyagers on top of that, and tell me what kind of stability you think you could achieve. Hasbro might have a chance if the combined figure was straight, upright, and a looked like it had a 10-foot-pole up its you-know-what to properly displace that weight. However, as evident in the trailers, concept art, and photos of the toy-to-date, that is the antithesis of the design of Devastator.

Sticking 7 Legends together is a CONSIDERABLY non-comparable effort, because:

1. Weight. Duh.
2. Lack of movie accuracy (another standard fan complaining point) is considerably more acceptable at that scale.

Defcon
13th May 2009, 10:49 AM
Stability of a larger scale devastator might be achieved with including 2 large clear colored plastic bases to be used as feet. But the way he is proportioned he is top heavy with alot of weight up top with demolishor and mixmaster on top.. He is proportioned more like a gorilla, it could be possible to make him stand by using the two arms as extra feet :o

iceburn
13th May 2009, 11:05 AM
agree with jay

defcon, we can always buy the large non-transforming one... :D

GoktimusPrime
13th May 2009, 11:43 AM
As I've said before, I would rather sacrifice movie accuracy for better toys. Just my opinion. :)

griffin
13th May 2009, 01:18 PM
Also keep in mind that if the boxed set Devastator could have each of the vehicles transform to their robot modes, there would be a lot more parts, more R&D, making it a lot more expensive in the stores.
The Hasbro execs probably told the design team to keep the figure below US$100 retail, which probably meant sacrificing a third mode for each of the 7 toys. If they thought it could sell for say US$150 retail, they probably would have given them free reign to make it a fully functioning set. Those who are wanting a fully convertable set would have to be willing to pay out a lot more to get the extra features, and make sure everyone else is prepared to pay extra as well to warrant the gamble by Hasbro.

As for the individually released figures, I agree with Jay that a combined form would just be too clumsy and unstable.

So the boxed set is a cost issue, the individual set is a structural issue, making a Legends sized set as the only way a Movie Devastator could work and be playable enough to want to get it.

bruticus
13th May 2009, 04:19 PM
That legends mini-dev triple changer looks pretty nifty!!!

ok guys, i have been sort of living under a rock when it comes to all this devastator combiner/triple changer ordeal...
and with all rumours been thrown around on the net, i just stopped paying attention a while back...

Can you guys confirm for me if hasbro will definitely be releasing individual deluxe/voyager/leader class versions for all of the 7 constructicons which can change at the very least into their robot and alternate modes????

jaydisc
13th May 2009, 04:48 PM
3 Voyagers and 1 deluxe (and 1 FAB repeat of a voyager) have been [unofficially] revealed so far, that can each transform between alt and robot, but not combine.

Also, the big combiner, that only has alt modes (no individual robot mode), only has 6 components, not 7, at least based on photos from official industry displays.

Defcon
13th May 2009, 05:33 PM
defcon, we can always buy the large non-transforming one... :D

I would buy the large non-transforming one, but the vehicles don't look realistic enough for me. They are supposed to be toys I know, but they don't really look exactly like their movie counterparts. Maybe this was done deliberately to 1. reduce cost, and 2. so that they look different to the transforming ones. 3. in the hopes we buy both the set of non-formers and the individual transforming ones ;)

For at least 3 we are getting voyager size construction vehicles for the transforming ones I think is awesome

Lord_Zed
13th May 2009, 07:19 PM
Not a bad Mini Devs, but overall I'm not sure If its one to pick up for me.

To be honest I don't like most modern combiners they just require to many compromises compared to standalone toys.

Gutsman Heavy
13th May 2009, 08:32 PM
pre-order up at RK (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMV2EZD-2&lang=us&CatID=41_118)

Ironhide63
20th May 2009, 07:53 AM
Well...im still getting the Superior Class Devastator, no individual modes or not, Im happy to fork out a bit of money for more figures that have robot modes (only main constructicons not getting all of em) but...this would be the last time I ever do...hasbro get off your couch and do something useful