PDA

View Full Version : Korean vs Japanese Car Robots (and others)

autobreadticon
6th February 2008, 10:31 PM
Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Lot-JRX-RID-RAILRACER-Boxset-Import-Takara_W0QQitemZ250212800995QQihZ015QQcategoryZ490 15QQcmdZViewItem

benben2142
7th February 2008, 01:16 AM
Hay i want to get this , but something to me looks a bit fishy..
its an import from Korea , but made by takara

it could be a KO, please help verfiy.

Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

Also is there a difference between this korean version and the jap version?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Lot-JRX-RID-RAILRACER-Boxset-Import-Takara_W0QQitemZ250212800995QQihZ015QQcategoryZ490 15QQcmdZViewItem

Hey mate that’s not a KO, at first I thought that seller was pretty fishy but there not KO, also I think Korean version just has a different box.

griffin
7th February 2008, 03:30 AM
Quite a few of the Japanese Car Robots series (called Robots in Disguise by Hasbro) and Beast Era toys were produced and released in Korea in different packaging. The toys are supposedly exactly the same, but are often cheaper on ebay and online stores because the demand was for the Japanese *packaged* versions. I'm in that category, mostly because it just feels like cheap imitations, despite apparently being the exact same toy from the exact same chinese factories.

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2008, 12:13 PM
The Korean versions are the same toys. And they're legit. Transformers are distributed in South Korea by a company called Sonokong which imports them from Takara and repackages them for their local market and in the Korean language. The packaging and inserts are vastly inferior to Takara though - particularly with the tech spec cards which often:
1/ show incorrect vital stats
2/ are often packaged with the WRONG tech specs cards, or none at all!

Aside from packaging and inserts, the only Korean TF that I know of which has any substantial difference from the Japanese one is Brave Maximus which has the factory-applied Autobot insignia sticker put on upside down. :p

No I meant, do they still sell gi joe reissue? Also has g1 metroplex been reissued?
Metroplex has never been reissued.

GI Joe is not Transformers - if you have any questions regarding non-Transformers toy lines please post in the relevant section.

STL
7th February 2008, 03:13 PM
The Korean packaging is lacking in comparison to the Takara but that said above the American packaging. For instance, I know I wouldn't trade my JRX packaging for the US one or RiD Scourge for US one.

I also have a question, with the Robot Masters line, did they come package with tech spec cards?

GoktimusPrime
7th February 2008, 06:25 PM
Only the e-Hobby exclusive ones. The regular Robot Master figures have clip & save style tech specs on the back of the boxes, which is unusual for Takara.

autobreadticon
7th February 2008, 07:51 PM
i really dont mind if the railracer is korean, it adds more international favour to my collection. All that matters is it looks the same as the jap version.

how tall is R.I.D rail racer?

dirge
7th February 2008, 08:58 PM
What's funny is just how undervalued some Korean Car Robots stuff is.

While it's not Car Robots perse, I picked up a boxed, complete AutoJetter - one of the new Autoroller moulds from Beast Wars Second - for $20.

Also, I have reviewed JRX here (http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/jrx.php). I would recommend JRX - Japanese or Korean - over Rail Racer, autobreadticon, since Hasbro made some dumb changes to the missiles which prevent them stowing properly in the train modes. That's a decent price, too!

liegeprime
7th February 2008, 09:23 PM
hey its still official TF so its good for me. My Prime of Justice (G2 prime) is Korean as well as my Big Convoy. Both look good, feel as sturdy and the best part is a lot cheaper!!:D:D So go for it Autobreadticon!

autobreadticon
8th February 2008, 10:31 AM
dirge that site is a good read, why didnt i notice it earlier T_T

dirge
8th February 2008, 08:18 PM
Well now you know.

And knowing is half the battle! (:

jaydisc
8th February 2008, 08:50 PM
Well now you know.

And knowing is half the battle! (:

Wrong forum!

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2008, 09:02 PM
No it's not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss5lSV-bis). :)

jaydisc
8th February 2008, 09:26 PM
Nice. I stand corrected.

liegeprime
11th February 2008, 09:55 AM
OOkaaay a little off topic hehehehe.

No it's not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss5lSV-bis). :)

Heh Id like to see decepticons do that for a change..... Lets say change the Red Alert one to Runamuck...

Boy : Hey look out it's a car!
Crash!!
Runamuck: Hrrmm, You boys alright?
Boy 1 & 2: Yeah , Oh my God its a Decepticon!
Runamuck: That's right filthy human. Now that I know you're alright it'll make squishing you two more fun hehehehehe!
Boys: Aaaaaarrrgh! Now we know..ugh
Runamuck: Heh but knowing this wont save you from me! You've lost the battle human germs!!
SPLAAAAT!

:D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2008, 12:24 PM
Runamuck: "So never steal cars, as they might transform and kill you!"
Onlooker: "Now I know!"
Runamuck: "And knowing's half the battle!"
Onlooker: "Really? What's the other half?"
Runamuck: "Violence!" *shoots onlooker* "Muahahahahaha!" *transforms and drives away*

...the cool thing about all this is that it's actually in character for what Runamuck would actually do! Ah the Battlechargers - the Decepticons' answer to Beavis and Butthead. :D