PDA

View Full Version : Stan Bush - The Touch *new version*

1AZRAEL1
16th May 2009, 08:29 PM
Now is this actually going to be in the new movie or what?

The Touch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTfsvE2g-w)

An honestly, it doesn't do it for me.
Don't like the rapping part of the song.

The 80's hair metal version was better.

Omega Supreme
16th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Now is this actually going to be in the new movie or what?

The Touch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTfsvE2g-w)

An honestly, it doesn't do it for me.
Don't like the rapping part of the song.

The 80's hair metal version was better.

Its different, can't say Im a fan of this revamp either.

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2009, 08:47 PM
Oooh! I like! I like how they managed to merge The Touch with Sam's Theme - that was interesting. The rapping... not a huge fan but I don't dislike it either (tbh I can't even understand what the rapper is saying - he could be reading his grocery list for all I know). But as far as Transformers raps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bXiYrPXTqw&feature=related) go, it's pretty good. :)

MV75
16th May 2009, 08:51 PM
Yea, saw it earlier, had to play the original to forget that abortion.

I was willing to give it a go, even with the stink of linkin park on it, but as soon as that guy started that "rap", I had enough.

Tabias Prime
16th May 2009, 08:56 PM
heard it yesterday,wasn't impressed,at least the old version may of been so 80's but at least it was a little more inspirational than this,i'm almost embarrassed to even watch this one,if they had the guy from linkin park doing the rap it would of been better...:mad:

Tabias Prime
16th May 2009, 09:02 PM
my wife just heard the new version,she can't stand it,the high notes he's trying to hit he can't do.i would rather listen to a cat on heat. stan bush is trying way to hard,

Gutsman Heavy
16th May 2009, 09:07 PM
me no likey.

dare i say... RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!? nah, but not good.

enforcer888
16th May 2009, 09:14 PM
I don't mind the chorus - seriously. But the majority of the song, especially the rap, sounds very forced. Rapping in rock should be put out into the back paddock and shot.

loophole
16th May 2009, 10:36 PM
i coudnt even watch the whole thing......

Robzy
17th May 2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, saw this yesterday... I don't mind the chorus. The rap sux!

The best part for me in the film clip is the weird guy playing guitar. He just keeps smiling and looking so out-of-place. He cracks me up :D

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 08:29 AM
The best part for me in the film clip is the weird guy playing guitar. He just keeps smiling and looking so out-of-place. He cracks me up
YES!! :D

lcz128
17th May 2009, 08:40 AM
the clip gave me the cringes <_<;
the song - I just can't go past the original in all its cheesy eighties glory - so this gets a definite no from me ;b

Kyle
17th May 2009, 09:25 AM
I prefer the original. I do like the idea of including the original as a bonus track on any upcoming soundtrack though.

Lint
17th May 2009, 02:56 PM
Excuse me while have a Kirk moment here...

STAAAAN!!!! STAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th May 2009, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes:
"Washed-up 80s composer desperately seeks contemporary relevance ONO. Respect from (small) fan-base and artistic integrity preferred but not required.
Call Stan NOW on 1800-SAD-CASE."

Vector Sigma 13
17th May 2009, 08:06 PM
OMG! I think the 80's version is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than this.

I think he chose the wrong path on this one. I cant help but think that if i hadnt seen the actual clip i might have liked it more.

Gutsman Heavy
17th May 2009, 08:57 PM
I cant help but think that if i hadnt seen the actual clip i might have liked it more.

doesn't, I ran in in another tab, so I havent watched the clip (bar skipping to see Guy Smiley ripping it up on the axe)

It still sucks

Lord_Zed
17th May 2009, 10:31 PM
Wow, I can't believe that Stan Bush managed to make an even cornier video clip than the original "The Touch" clip.

The man is an expert at making embarrasingly bad music vids wow!

You can file this with Muetmath's dissapointing Transformers theme thanks.

jacksplatt11
17th May 2009, 11:01 PM
The original was rubbish and this one doesn't improve upon it

bruticus
17th May 2009, 11:02 PM
i coudnt even watch the whole thing......

Dammit guys!!!!
This thread should come with a warning, cos now i have the crappy song stuck in my head!! :mad:

Need to listen to something else to purge it out....

Robzy
18th May 2009, 01:37 AM
Guy Smiley ripping it up on the axe :D

Bartrim
18th May 2009, 08:46 AM
Well... that was... I can't even think of a word to describe how bad that was.:(

Sky Shadow
18th May 2009, 09:18 AM
I love the way that they've removed anything that vaguely resembled the melody of 'The Touch', and completely changed the chord progression while they were at it. The rapping gorilla was a nice touch too. No pun intended.

(The above sentences are sarcasm.)

1AZRAEL1
18th May 2009, 10:39 AM
(The above sentences are sarcasm.)

Really? I thought you were telling the truth and how you confessed to how absolutley awesomeness it was.

(Sarcasm :p)

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2009, 12:45 PM
The melody is to the tune of Sam's Theme (composed by Steve Jablonsky iirc), and I think it was nice of them to merge the lyrics to The Touch with Sam's Theme. :)

Sky Shadow
18th May 2009, 12:54 PM
The melody is to the tune of Sam's Theme (composed by Steve Jablonsky iirc), and I think it was nice of them to merge the lyrics to The Touch with Sam's Theme. :)

Yes, I know what they were trying to do, but "nice" is still not even close to the adjective I would use.

kup
18th May 2009, 12:58 PM
It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the very disruptive rap song. It felt as if someone edited bits from some other song into the video.

kup
18th May 2009, 01:04 PM
Looks like the negative criticism has 'touched' Stan the wrong way:

UPDATE!!!! Since we threw up this video, there's been a backlash of negative (and some positive) criticism of the new version of "The Touch". However, Stan Bush may not feel the same way -- the song creators have disabled embedding for the YouTube video (so we cannot show it on the frontpage here), and have also disabled comments on the actual video itself on YouTube.

UPDATE 2!!!!! All the information on the video has been removed. There is no longer any mention of their attempt to get the song in Revenge of the Fallen, no mention of getting hyped up for the movie, nothing. No explanation of the change of the song-title to "Sam's Theme" as we first reported. It is now simply called "The Touch Redux ala Linkin Park".

Seriously, he should have tried to maintain the original inspirational tune of the original without trying to make it what he thinks would be 'hip' based on the TF1 sound track.

1AZRAEL1
18th May 2009, 02:39 PM
hmm, didn't see that coming.
Still, it was a rubbish revamp of what I thought was a great song in all its cheesey superiority.

SilverDragon
18th May 2009, 06:17 PM
It's alright, but the rapping cannot, IMO, beat the best Transformers-themed rap ever created. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jN0iI31as)

kup
18th May 2009, 07:01 PM
It's alright, but the rapping cannot, IMO, beat the best Transformers-themed rap ever created. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jN0iI31as)

I remember that ad when I was a kid. Even back then I thought it was ultra cheesy. I always wondered why these people always gets what's 'cool' so badly wrong.

shokwave2
18th May 2009, 07:19 PM
The rap section in this remake is so bad i thought it was a comedy sketch at first. I guess Stan is trying to get all "hip" and "happening" with all the cool kids these days.

MV75
18th May 2009, 07:21 PM
It's a great "true" rap with the scratching in it. :D

Anyways, I find that a bit of spectre general from the 1986 soundtrack makes you forget this abortion and rekindles memories of the awesome scene it played in. None of the 2007 songs do that at all because I hate them all.

SilverDragon
18th May 2009, 07:22 PM
I remember that ad when I was a kid. Even back then I thought it was ultra cheesy. I always wondered why these people always gets what's 'cool' so badly wrong.

You mean so badly awesome. :p

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2009, 07:24 PM
THAT SUCKS! I liked that song. :(

Vector Sigma 13
18th May 2009, 08:59 PM
UPDATE!!!! Since we threw up this video, there's been a backlash of negative (and some positive) criticism of the new version of "The Touch". However, Stan Bush may not feel the same way -- the song creators have disabled embedding for the YouTube video (so we cannot show it on the frontpage here), and have also disabled comments on the actual video itself on YouTube.

UPDATE 2!!!!! All the information on the video has been removed. There is no longer any mention of their attempt to get the song in Revenge of the Fallen, no mention of getting hyped up for the movie, nothing. No explanation of the change of the song-title to "Sam's Theme" as we first reported. It is now simply called "The Touch Redux ala Linkin Park"

Just wondering where you got this info from Kup? i had a look on Stanbush.com and didnt see anything regarding this? Although im often not very thorough!:(

After listening to the song a couple of times its not so bad. I think the clip is very distracting. Making new versions of old hits are always hit and miss affairs no matter the genre.

Perhaps one shouldnt compare it with the old version and try to see it as a new concept. No matter what song it is its not going to appeal to everyone. Hes a talented guy and a good singer- im just not sure how he came up with this unique shall we say rendition?

kup
18th May 2009, 09:56 PM
Just wondering where you got this info from Kup? i had a look on Stanbush.com and didnt see anything regarding this? Although im often not very thorough!:(

After listening to the song a couple of times its not so bad. I think the clip is very distracting. Making new versions of old hits are always hit and miss affairs no matter the genre.

Perhaps one shouldnt compare it with the old version and try to see it as a new concept. No matter what song it is its not going to appeal to everyone. Hes a talented guy and a good singer- im just not sure how he came up with this unique shall we say rendition?

I got it from TFW and as it says on the updates, Stan has removed any sign of the video, it has been wiped from existence but hopefully he is not upset but planning to do a proper video without that horrible rap and emo tune.

Source:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/stan-bush-remakes-the-touch-167569/

FFN
18th May 2009, 10:56 PM
Walky found out who smiling guitar guy was

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Holger_Fath

orionpax1
19th May 2009, 09:06 AM
i didnt mind it to a certain degree, you just have to forget the original and listen for what it is, but mind you stan's high notes aren't that good and the rapping leaves a bit to be desired but overall after a couple of times it grows on you i give a 6 out of 10.

sanbot
19th May 2009, 09:56 AM
The guy rapping in the video clip?! what were they thinking?!! At first I thought it was some amateur youtuber "rapper" who put himself into the video clip and then I realise that he is actually part of the clip.

Shame on them for making this.

Ironhide63
21st May 2009, 07:24 AM
um...i hope this is meant to be a joke.
I HATED THAT...and it appears most people do. Why can't they stick with the original...it was way better. Now they go ruin this song with rap...I might be a teenager but even I hate rap. This is stupid...I got to the chrous and i had to listen to the original to flush it out of my head for 15mins...

Vector Sigma 13
22nd May 2009, 10:30 PM
OMG- I think it may be growing on me.

Maybe Stan can get in with Linkin Park- they might give him a hand to refine it?

GoktimusPrime
23rd May 2009, 09:43 AM
Why can't they stick with the original...it was way better.
Cos what would be the point of that? We'd all just complain that it's too similar to the original, just like we did when Transformers Generation 2 first came out. Like it or not, at least they're trying something new. "Nothing ventured nothing gained." Of course, any time you try something new there's an element of risk - it may be very unpopular or hugely successful.

I admire the effort to merge an old 80s TF song with a 2007 movie score. And it's not the first time - we saw the original Transformers theme getting updated with more contemporary tunes by Mute Math and by Black Lab, so you can see why others are thinking about "updating" more old TF songs with a more contemporary flavour.

Sky Shadow
23rd May 2009, 04:38 PM
http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20090518.html

Vector Sigma 13
23rd May 2009, 05:21 PM

Lol, not bad.

Rappity

SilverDragon
23rd May 2009, 06:43 PM
Why can't they stick with the original...it was way better.

I agree with you on the 'original was way better' part, but I think putting the original in the film would make the whole thing rather cheesy, and it wouldn't really fit the tone of the films.

GoktimusPrime
23rd May 2009, 06:52 PM
LOL! :D

Lint
23rd May 2009, 07:42 PM

Lulz, caricature of holger is spot on.

Robzy
27th May 2009, 09:01 PM
LMAO :D :D