PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Se3Ep12 "Endgame Part One" discussion

Paulbot
17th May 2009, 02:26 AM
I was a little disappointed that they didn't show parts one and two in one go, because this episode, by itself is a little lacking.

Some more nice origin flashbacks and a couple of intriguing things (like a potential long awaited upgrade for one character, and some more clone appearing but not as you'd expect), but all the pay off looks like it will be next week.

It also doesn't look like the ending I (and I think others) was expecting but it could give a wrap up to the main overarching storyline of the series as a whole.

Tober
17th May 2009, 03:10 AM
It was pretty good I thought. :) Although they have ALOT to conclude next episode. I assume we won't be seeing the Dinobots or Black Arachnia again.

Optimus Prime combining with Skyfire? Who would have thought...

Nice to see Starscream get what he seserves, again.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 08:09 AM
I like how they used G1 Jetfire's boosters for Prime's jetpack. The stabilisers also looked like Victory Sabre's wings - another nice homage. I thought the Omega clones were going to look like Omega Sentinels but instead they looked like a hybrid between Omega Supreme and Lugnut... that was an interesting twist.

The way they treated Arcee was pretty dark. Interesting how they explained her origins as a school teacher. :)

P.S.: Also interesting is the choice of episode title, as "Endgame" was also the name of the 3-part finale of Beast Machines - another neat tribute. (^_^)

Kyle
17th May 2009, 08:39 AM
Pacing of this episode is different from the previous ones. Overall I enjoyed it. :)

Oh man only one more episode left. Very sad. Animated has definitely overtaken BW as my second favourite series after G1.

SMHFConvoy
17th May 2009, 08:55 AM
I like how they used G1 Jetfire's boosters for Prime's jetpack. The stabilisers also looked like Victory Sabre's wings

I thought they looked a bit like Cybertron Prime's wings. Prime looked a bit like Optimal Optimus with the guns on his shoulders...

This was a good ep. I think that it was paced slower than previous ones because they want to a) the calm before the storm and b) part two should be one heck of a smack down :)

evilman378
17th May 2009, 10:41 AM
Lugnut and Shockwaves rivalry was pretty funny. Female Starscream seemed to be there just for the fans. Can't wait for Part 2.

Gutsman Heavy
17th May 2009, 12:14 PM
If anyone has seen this episode from Timothy Orrent's house can you pm me the address?

Stompy
17th May 2009, 12:49 PM
Starscream rolling to get around was hilarious. Wingblade Prime looks nice, especially the forearm fins on him. It was a very empty episode though with tonnes of filler.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 05:05 PM
I thought they looked a bit like Cybertron Prime's wings.
Looks more like Victory Sabre's wings to me.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/animated_prime_wingscomparison.jpg

Starscream rolling to get around was hilarious.
Yes!! I literally laughed out loud when I saw that! :D The use of protoforms to create new bodies was interesting to see. Now here's a question - are protoforms in Animated lifeless or are they imbued with Sparks but awaiting activation (i.e.: "unborn")? It seems that the protoforms on Earth's moon are lifeless - perhaps their sparks perished in the crash... but what about the protoform in Master Yoketron's Dojo or the chibi-protoform which became Sari? Hrmmmm...

Linthart
17th May 2009, 06:24 PM
anyone feeling a supreme class 'lugnut supreme' :D

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 06:34 PM
...considering that Hasbro won't even be making an Omega Supreme toy for Animated I wouldn't hold my breath. :p

liegeprime
17th May 2009, 06:41 PM
Actually the wings remind me of Powermaster Prime - japanese - Ginrai. With the forearm fins and all. Neat, This will be a very interesting end of series story. Sigh I still wish its not the end, end.

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 07:04 PM
The wingtip thrusters are similar to God Ginrai's - but overall the wings look more similar to Victory Sabre's to me. I agree with you about the forearm wings though (reference image (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/dd/Godginrai_onmoon.jpg)). :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/animated_prime_wingscomparison.jpg

Thanatos
17th May 2009, 07:13 PM
The Omega Lugnut's are GLORIOUS

:D

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2009, 02:06 AM
Interesting...
While it may be wishful thinking - and I'll be the first to admit Animated has a way of surprising me plot-wise - with the Sentinel-controlled Cybertron, pretty minimal damage to Starscream (comparatively), no Dinobots/Blackarachnia stuck somewhere in the past(?) and knowing we have an Arcee toy for Hasbro to sell (or cancel:() to me this just isn't feeling like the first half of the end of a series, let alone such an epic series. Both previous 2-part season finales have been jam-packed just to get everything in, this one seems to be leaving a lot of plot points to tie up. I hope that's a good sign and not just indicative of a slightly disappointing end to what's been an otherwise fantastic season and/or series.

Megatron rocked even more than usual, but after all his previous awesomeness Shockwave was kind of a let-down character-wise this time IMO (still want him though). Arcee in teacher-mode was great, Femscream's brief appearance was nice as were the flashbacks.

Sky Shadow
18th May 2009, 11:47 AM
STARSCREAM (whispering to Lugnut): "You see, now he even likes Blitzwing better than you." I'm not normally an Internet LOLler, but even I LOLled long and hard at that one. And geez - Blurr, Ultra, Arcee - in terms of his actual treatment of Autobots, Shockwave's by far the most ruthless Decepticon in this series. Which is interesting since he's also the one who's spent by far the most time with Autobots. Guess he didn't turn native.

So I guess we know what the Voyager Wingblade Optimus Prime (that may or may not ever be released) basically looks like.

(Lugnut Supreme! [Or Omega Lugnut.] :D)

Tober
18th May 2009, 11:55 AM
Starscream should still be basically indestructible tho, shouldn't he?

kup
18th May 2009, 12:42 PM
Although the wings do look more like Victory Saber's, I felt that the overall look was more like Ginrai/Apex Armor than anything else:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/211982174_727784b4e2.jpg

Sky Shadow
18th May 2009, 01:03 PM
Starscream should still be basically indestructible tho, shouldn't he?

I think so, but he now has no more cloned bodies of his own in which to reside.

i_amtrunks
18th May 2009, 01:47 PM
I think so, but he now has no more cloned bodies of his own in which to reside.

And no process to create more bodies either.

That was damn enjoyable, after watching the Scrubs finale over the weekend I'm pretending that Animated is still going on after the next episode so two of my favourite shows don't end only weeks apart.

Lugnut's upgrade has to be one of the biggest and best upgrades imaginable, and I loved the whole shebang, The whole time Megatron was waiting to be imprinted I was thinking "he cant be that daft to make 3 super powerful Megatron clones, can he?" and he wasn't.

The Prowl flashbacks were great and now really do explain the events of the first episodes much much better. Ratchet may be the most awesomesauce Autobot, but prowl ain't far behind.

Once again Starbob Screampants was the pick of the litter, but the writers and VA all do a commendable job week in and week out.

Unless the season final is movie length (or they make a straight to DVD movie) there has to be too many loose ends to deal with in one episode. Magnus, Sentinel, BA, Dinobots, clones, Swindle, Lockdown, Meltdown, Blitzwing and the captured clones and possibly Blurr all need some closure.
Right?
Right?
(going back to pretending that there is another season confirmed now).

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2009, 03:30 PM
to me this just isn't feeling like the first half of the end of a series, let alone such an epic series. Both previous 2-part season finales have been jam-packed just to get everything in, this one seems to be leaving a lot of plot points to tie up. I hope that's a good sign and not just indicative of a slightly disappointing end to what's been an otherwise fantastic season and/or series.
Well, who knows how much notice the writers had about Season 3 being the last season. It's possible that they were continuing to seed the series with future plot developments to be concluded later, only to be told well after those episodes had been written (and production for them thus underway) that the series would be final and that they had to wrap things up.

Many other writers have suffered similar fates in the past such as David Wise, Simon Furman, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio, which is why the ending of G1 (both cartoon and comics) seems rushed as well as the latter half of Beast Wars Season 3. I suspect that this might have been the case - if so, I can forgive the writers for not being able to wrap up all loose ends.

They should stick Jhiaxus in as a cameo Decepticon (even if just a background character or if his name's just mentioned in passing) as a reference too all the times Hasbro's axed stories prematurely. :D

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2009, 04:19 PM
Possible, but even then they still wrapped it up despite having to rush and condense everything. It's hard to see the Animated crew leaving so much unfinished business after how it's been so far.
All I'm saying is as a cynic I'd pretty much given up on any chance of Animated continuing, now it seems to me there's at least a small chance it could go on. As things stand it's all still rumors re the fate of Animated (put on hiatus or discontinued), we don't have any official word either way and with the production staff forbidden to comment none of the interviews I've read have offered any strong clues either way. On the one hand there's no more Team Charr "...in Season 3" (i.e. possibility for more appearances elsewhere), on the other there's "It''s been a great ride, thanks to everyone involved etc etc." I do seem to recall one of the interviews mentioning there 'hadn't been any changes to S3', but ultimately it's all conjecture based on interviews (with a lot of PR-style response mixed in to boot). It's entirely possible Hasbro are keeping their options open to see what the post-RotF market looks like (I would be but then I'm not a Hasbro executive).
A man can dream yet.

Even a straight-to-DVD movie would be OK as long as it doesn't just stop & we get some more toys released post-RotF, even under the Universe banner.

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2009, 06:28 PM
Possible, but even then they still wrapped it up despite having to rush and condense everything.
'cept for the fate of G1 Megatron's Spark at the end of Beast Wars. :p They did animate a quick scene which showed the Maximals returning his Spark back to his body, but it was deleted. So to most viewers you'd think that G1 Megatron's Spark was still inside BW Megatron's body when they were returning to Cybertron! :)

Golden Phoenix
18th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Starscream should still be basically indestructible tho, shouldn't he?I think so, but he now has no more cloned bodies of his own in which to reside.
He was left with an upper torso and arms. He could drag himself to the ship and make another.

Although the wings do look more like Victory Saber's, I felt that the overall look was more like Ginrai/Apex Armor than anything else:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/211982174_727784b4e2.jpg

I think the fins on his for-arms add to that general look

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2009, 06:52 PM
'cept for the fate of G1 Megatron's Spark at the end of Beast Wars. :p They did animate a quick scene which showed the Maximals returning his Spark back to his body, but it was deleted. So to most viewers you'd think that G1 Megatron's Spark was still inside BW Megatron's body when they were returning to Cybertron! :)Yeah, that's kind of a whoops moment...Praise be for DVD special features eh?

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th May 2009, 07:33 AM
Yes!! I literally laughed out loud when I saw that! :D The use of protoforms to create new bodies was interesting to see. Now here's a question - are protoforms in Animated lifeless or are they imbued with Sparks but awaiting activation (i.e.: "unborn")? It seems that the protoforms on Earth's moon are lifeless - perhaps their sparks perished in the crash... but what about the protoform in Master Yoketron's Dojo or the chibi-protoform which became Sari? Hrmmmm...
I think that they are lifeless and need somthing (Allspoark perhaps) to imbue the life. The one in Yoketron's Dojo didn't overewhelm yoketron, although I suspect that Yoketron would have a strong personality so that is unlikely anyway. As for Sair, maybe the she was a "special" protoform, some kind of hybrid experiment for example, or soething like that...

anyone feeling a supreme class 'lugnut supreme' :D
I was of thinking that it would be cool if we got an Omega Supreme that was like that big millenium falcon playeset toy that was aroun about Christmas (it was ~$200). Omega could transform, but in spaceship mode, you could open him up and put the activators in and use him as a play set. Now wth the prospect of getting an extra 3, I am not so keen on my idea...:o

So if Lugnut's face showed up on the Omega Lugnuts, why no Ratchet face on Supreme?

Nice episdoe in my opinion. Good to see Megatron working it nicely and some signs of maturity from Bumblebee (re: Arcee in the ship). Loking forward to part 2, but don't wanna see the end of the series. Not with so much Animated love as it is....

GoktimusPrime
19th May 2009, 11:49 AM
So if Lugnut's face showed up on the Omega Lugnuts, why no Ratchet face on Supreme?
Perhaps the Decepticons modified the programming/construction so that they would acquire a facsimile of the face of whomever they scanned?