PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Label?

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th May 2009, 01:28 PM
Seibertron news from Hong Kong - Donald to get the TF treatment? (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/holy-quack-disney-label-donald-duck-images/15846/)
Not sure about the choice of character to turn him into and it looks like another shellformer but I'm kinda liking this line.

Gutsman Heavy
17th May 2009, 01:34 PM
cool, Scrooge McDuck as a limo pls! sure its not a traditional TF alt mode but it works...

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th May 2009, 07:50 PM
Bumblequack? Nice. Be cool of they do a B&W version again. Although, thats not as classic as I don't recall much of B&W Donald...

Gutsman Heavy
17th May 2009, 08:55 PM
maybe this is the "classic" one and they'll do a yellow one?

GoktimusPrime
17th May 2009, 09:20 PM
What the duck?! :p I'd like to see a TF version of Gizmo Duck! :D

griffin
18th May 2009, 01:08 AM
This was rumoured on tfw2005 a couple weeks ago, by an asian poster, but it couldn't be verified as being legit (mostly because it uses a VW beetle model, which is apparently off-limits for TFs now), so I didn't mention it.

Be nice if they do do a few more Disney characters.

i_amtrunks
18th May 2009, 09:14 AM
makes you wonder who else will get the treatment, and to what, I was not expecting Donald to convert into a Bug, especially with VW being adamant that they do not want to be associated with war machines (anymore). Guess Disney is a family friendly enough brand that they are okay with the association now?

Goofy to a Datsun style car next?

Paulbot
18th May 2009, 09:25 AM
I've seen lots of comic strips where Donald drives a Bug-like carso this is more appropriate that the Mickey Truck.

Hmm..
M-I-C
K-E-Y
T-R-U-C-K
Mickey Truck
Donald Duck!
Mickey Truck
Donald Duck!

Golden Phoenix
18th May 2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe because of Disney's involvement Vw is letting them use their cars. It isn't like we are going to see Mickey and Donald fighting.

Closest thing to a fight would be through offering the last piece of cake/cookie/drink

"you have the last one"
"no you have the last one"
"no I asked first, you have it"

Then they split it in half or give it to Pluto or something and they all live happily after

GoktimusPrime
18th May 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah true, Porsche doesn't want their brand affiliated with war, so I guess Disney Label would be an exemption since they're just being portrayed as Disney characters riding vehicles that can transform into robots - without any kind of warlike fiction attached.

Ode to a Grasshopper
18th May 2009, 08:24 PM
Bumblequack? Nice. Be cool of they do a B&W version again. Although, thats not as classic as I don't recall much of B&W Donald...Donald's first appearance was in colour in The Wise Little Hen in 1934.

makes you wonder who else will get the treatment, and to what, I was not expecting Donald to convert into a Bug, especially with VW being adamant that they do not want to be associated with war machines (anymore). Guess Disney is a family friendly enough brand that they are okay with the association now?Oh the irony... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZiRiIpZVF4)