PDA

View Full Version : QUINT-01?

jaydisc
21st May 2009, 05:18 PM
Does anyone here have this? Got any thoughts on it?

SentinelPrime
21st May 2009, 05:28 PM
Ive only got Quint - 02, at $80 off ebay, i wasnt too impressed with the size. But the detail is top quality. I would of liked better colours, but the paint job is fine. The battery operated, "floating on lighning" effect needs your imagination to work properly.
I originally wanted to create the judgement scene with hotrod and cup, sharkticons and the quintessons, but I would only snatch the remainding quit-01, quint-03 and quint-04 if they came my way. So Im not exactly hunting them down. Although they are a limited realese I believe
So all in all, I would recommend if you can get it cheap, grab it! But not if they are overpriced.

Omega Supreme
21st May 2009, 06:45 PM
I have a Quint-01 I got from KC99(thanks again) I cant recommend this toy enough, wish I had 4 more. Just about everyone that has seen mine in person wants one.

I will try not to be lazy and take some pics for you.

autobreadticon
21st May 2009, 06:51 PM
this toy is great, the little tenacles can move side-to-side and can be extended or shorten, has a red light-up function and its really detailed, highly recommended, heres a picture with Henkei/classics for size reference

llamatron
21st May 2009, 07:02 PM
I think that BBTS were going to have them at Botcon for dirt cheap ($20 US each) but it seems as though they're already sold out. :(

liegeprime
21st May 2009, 07:27 PM
I highly recommend it jay. Ive got 3 of these. Absolutely wonderful.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2009%20Purchases/Maypurchase002002.jpg

BBTS does put them out cheaply at times, that is if your

a) willing to wait, wait, wait
b) dont mind their expensive delivery fees.

Also (as in my case) they sometimes have em on sale especially if the packaging was broken but the figure itself is intact and complete.

Got these 3 for US$20 each as opposed to regular price of US$45. just bought a Quint Scientist as well but still have to tick the "deliver now" button as Ive yet to pile up my loot to save on postage. :D

TheDirtyDigger
21st May 2009, 07:35 PM
He's freaking awesome but I only have 1 as opposed to liege's planetful.

I'm up for a BBTS group order while they're cheap if you are Jd.

EDIT: F*** it. just checked BBTS and the Prosecutor and Scientist I wanted at $20 USD each are sold out. They were in stock just a few days ago.

kristofferrer
21st May 2009, 10:38 PM
yeah i was actually impressed when i saw this from lige -

STL
29th May 2009, 11:08 PM
Dunno, they don't do much for me. Only one I saw was the tentacled one that Borgeman had which while had a great sculpt was way too fragile for me which is the deal breaker for me.

Omega Supreme
29th May 2009, 11:30 PM
Dunno, they don't do much for me. Only one I saw was the tentacled one that Borgeman had which while had a great sculpt was way too fragile for me which is the deal breaker for me.

The Quint-01 is pretty tough, I drop mine all the time and he is all good. Not sure about other models though.

bruticus
30th May 2009, 01:55 AM
I highly recommend it jay. Ive got 3 of these. Absolutely wonderful.

so you got 3 hey?? *rubs chin*
hmmm....do you wanna trade or sell me one of them?? :D

liegeprime
30th May 2009, 10:38 AM
hehehehe nah not really bruticus, Ive actually asked gamblor if he could pick me up 2 more (Think Prime on the Dinobots- I think I'll ask wheeljack to make 2 more) so I can have a Quint council- all 5 faces represented. As some of you guys know I have been building up a Unicronian faction in my Toyroom :D... its coming along quite nicely..... with doubles of Cyb Unicron tanks, Scrapmetals , Energon Terrorcons, En. Tidal Wave, En. Scorponok, Arm/Universe 2.0 Nemesis Prime, The Fallen, Arm Thrust, Transmetal Tarantulas, Purple razorclaw, Arm/Cyb Sideways and Univ 1.0 Ramjet ( based on the comic timelines) included and soon more to be included..... yeah even Gok was telling me I have a weird display arrangement of my TFs, but it makes good sense to me once I explained it, it really does.....:o:p:D

TheDirtyDigger
30th May 2009, 12:11 PM

I'm sure that was made by someone else and is not the same Prosecutor put out by Justitoys.

iceburn
30th May 2009, 04:23 PM
I'm sure that was made by someone else and is not the same Prosecutor put out by Justitoys.

agree..they are different

jaydisc
31st May 2009, 12:38 PM
quint-01 is made by Impossible Toys. Is that what you guys mean instead of JustiToys or did they make some quint stuff too?

TheDirtyDigger
8th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Ah yep. I mean the one made by Impossible Toys. For some reason I thought they were made by Justitoys or Jizaitoys.

rampagesss
8th June 2009, 05:41 PM
The Quint-01 is pretty tough, I drop mine all the time and he is all good. Not sure about other models though.

Really, i droped mine once and broke two of the plastic spike things on it head :mad:
I was able to fix one of them but lost the other :mad:
But over all its a great toy, even better when with the rest of the Quints they have made :D

Borgeman
9th June 2009, 10:43 AM

yeah the one i got was one of ~6 made by a dude up in brisbane

George