PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.

AllHailBlackout
23rd May 2009, 08:25 PM
Hey fellow Transformer-ers!
I'v just joined OTCA, but have been following tformers for a while. I grew up as a youngin' while G1 was on, but bought the dvd set a few years back and got back into it. I remember watching Beast Wars on and off when I was in year 10. It was a different style, but I was into it :)

I recently started actual collecting since the 2007 movie came out. I think I was in a local target store and caught a glimpse of the newest toys - movie line ones and realised it was my destiny to buy one-- Barricade. I remember opening him up and almost not wanting to transform him, only because I wanted that memory of not transforming a toy to remain unchanged. Of, course I couldn't resist wanting to see how the transformation process now went (changed a little from my recollections of G1 transformations lol). I was blown away to say the least. Although my username is Blackout oriented, I have a very close bond to my Barricade toy. Blackout was my second toy. I only bought him second because he was more expensive than Barricade. That opening scene from the movie immediately blasted into the forefront of my mind when I saw him in his box.. then turned it around and read his bio..wow the memories of the movie flooded back in and I HAD to buy him.

Anyway.. I better not go for too much longer, I'm sure you guys have better things to do than get wrapped up in my transformers experience. lol.

Let's just say - my collection now includes toys from the movie line, G1, knockoffs, animated, universe, 25th anniversary, collectors series from Takara (book style boxes). I am more selective with my toy purchases now as I believe less can be more (Barricade and Blackout have a combined sentimental worth that far exceeds the rest of my entire collection).

Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to all you guys soon.

AllHailBlackout :cool:

GoktimusPrime
23rd May 2009, 08:44 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

Ironhide63
23rd May 2009, 08:47 PM
I recently started actual collecting since the 2007 movie came out. I think I was in a local target store and caught a glimpse of the newest toys - movie line ones and realised it was my destiny to buy one-- Barricade.
AllHailBlackout :cool:

Hi, the first movie toy that I got (which also really kicked me into this position) was Barricade too...neat little figure. Sure I had a few others before him but i mean, Barricade made me start actually collecting...

AllHailBlackout
23rd May 2009, 09:03 PM
Hi, the first movie toy that I got (which also really kicked me into this position) was Barricade too...neat little figure. Sure I had a few others before him but i mean, Barricade made me start actually collecting...

Yeah.. I think the thing I liked about Barricade was how much he looks like an actual car! Not just a toy. . Apart from the rear window :( They really should have used some translucent plastic here. It would have added so much to the figure and not detracted from it at all.

Ironhide, what figs do you have and what are your faves?

Ironhide63
23rd May 2009, 09:11 PM
Ironhide, what figs do you have and what are your faves?

I have alot of the movie figures, I have Energon Divebomb, movie leader megatron, deluxe Barricade, bonecrusher, swindle, landmine, bumblebee, ROTF voyager ironhide, movie voyager ratchet, um, FAB blackout and frenzy voyager starscream, looking forward to adding a grimlock(possibly classics) and Supreme ROTF Devastator to my collection.as well as some more ROTF and classics.

AllHailBlackout
23rd May 2009, 09:21 PM
I have alot of the movie figures, I have Energon Divebomb, movie leader megatron, deluxe Barricade, bonecrusher, swindle, landmine, bumblebee, ROTF voyager ironhide, movie voyager ratchet, um, FAB blackout and frenzy voyager starscream, looking forward to adding a grimlock(possibly classics) and Supreme ROTF Devastator to my collection.as well as some more ROTF and classics.

Ohh NICE! I was a bit disappointed with ratchet tho.. I dunno.. lol. He seemed too blocky.. but he was pretty movie accurate so I guess it was expected his toy was similar:confused:

And.. you got ROTF Ironhide?? Where did you nab him from? Was it local? I never got wave one Ironhide from 2007 movie, but I later picked up premium Ironhide. I wished I bought Ironhide from wave 1. ROTF Ironhide is on the list of ones I would get, but it's at the bottom, and if there is no money left, well..I guess I will not be getting him :(

I'm doing my old trick from 2007 and waiting until I see the movie before I buy any toys from the ROTF line. To be honest, preview bumblebee and soundwave are atrocious. I really doubt I'll get either of those. How can they justify Soundwave as a triple changer?? haha That figure is just wrong. I liked the idea of him as a satellite intercepting data.. but as for a toy - it sucks. I liked the concept idea of him being an Army Communications vehicle. It was a gorgeous truck and the 'bot mode was almost Blackout-esque (similar head).

Ironhide63
23rd May 2009, 09:28 PM
And.. you got ROTF Ironhide?? Where did you nab him from?

I got him from Target in the Geelong Wesfield complex. Hes brilliant, I also didnt get any figure of him from the first movie, thats why he was on the TOP of my list, lol...plus if you haven't realized he is my fav transformer in history.
anyway, I dont mind soundwave...I suppose they could've made him alot better, but ill still get him, bumblebee is not really needed but if I have money spare...i might. Devastator is a must tho.

AllHailBlackout
23rd May 2009, 09:35 PM
I got him from Target in the Geelong Wesfield complex. Hes brilliant, I also didnt get any figure of him from the first movie, thats why he was on the TOP of my list, lol...plus if you haven't realized he is my fav transformer in history.
anyway, I dont mind soundwave...I suppose they could've made him alot better, but ill still get him, bumblebee is not really needed but if I have money spare...i might. Devastator is a must tho.

yeah.. ur a HUGE Ironhide buff. He's a top 'bot. He's up there on my list with 'ol Blackie hehe.
At first, when I first heard Devastator was going to be in TF2 I was like SHYTE! That's awesome! Then I saw some pics and wasn't sure what Mr. Bay had going on in his head.. then thought about it some more. Then umm'd and arrrr'd. I liked the concept, but he seems like a gorilla and too short. But photos are one thing right? Seeing the movie then falling in love with a character and feeling compelled to have him on ur shelf is another thing altogether. I'm just scared that if I get attached to Dev. I won't have money for the other guys I want :(

Starscream is at the top of my list.. again.. I'm going to wait for the movie then fall in love with characters. I'll play it from there :)

Do you feel inclined to buy a G1 or reissue Ironhide, even tho the robot mode is disgustingly bizarre?..and has no head..lol. I'm just trying to gauge ur love for him.

Ironhide63
23rd May 2009, 09:39 PM
Do you feel inclined to buy a G1 or reissue Ironhide, even tho the robot mode is disgustingly bizarre?..and has no head..lol. I'm just trying to gauge ur love for him.

Its probably a reissue for me...or more likely like I said a classics Ironhide. Just where I live...not much availability, and due to my age I cant really by online.(incase u dont know im only 13)
anyhow, I cannot wait to see devastators big screen performance...ive said it before, dont judge the character before you see them smash the absolute $h1t out of them on a michael bay blockbuster, lol. I still think devy will be a nice addition to my *cough cough* excuse for a collection. oh, and accept my friends request plz.

AllHailBlackout
23rd May 2009, 09:48 PM
I still think devy will be a nice addition to my *cough cough* excuse for a collection. oh, and accept my friends request plz.

Yes. Friend request accepted. Pleased to be your newest friend :)

Devastator will be a glorious addition to your collection. I think someone said that "Its not the size of your collection, it's how much you love it". It is soooo true. I have bought quite a few figures purely along completionist lines of thought and it's doing nothing for me. I have a lot of figures in their boxes for display purposes and my room looks like a toy store. Actually, one of my mates from uni commented on it last night and couldn't stop laughing lol. Of the figures I have out, I probably only really love about 20 or 30% of them. So just love the ones you have and it matters not how many of them you have. :)

Ironhide63
23rd May 2009, 09:54 PM
Yes. Friend request accepted. Pleased to be your newest friend :)

Devastator will be a glorious addition to your collection. I think someone said that "Its not the size of your collection, it's how much you love it". It is soooo true. I have bought quite a few figures purely along completionist lines of thought and it's doing nothing for me. I have a lot of figures in their boxes for display purposes and my room looks like a toy store. Actually, one of my mates from uni commented on it last night and couldn't stop laughing lol. Of the figures I have out, I probably only really love about 20 or 30% of them. So just love the ones you have and it matters not how many of them you have. :)
so true, and I love my figures all equally (ok maybe ironhide a little bit more)
hehe, so many forums to post on...this is my favourite(most likely cause we all aussies.) stupid internet, tried to correct my 'favourite' lol. anyway, once all the ROTF figures are...bought, i can focus on the Classics, the thing about Colac is the only TF figures that are ever sold here...are Classics and Movie figures. its a bit limiting but we get great prices...

liegeprime
23rd May 2009, 10:23 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!!:D

loophole
23rd May 2009, 11:42 PM
Welcome AHBO!!

I find it interesting that Barricade was the first movie toy that you obtained alongside Ironhide63 and myself, high 5!! he is a very cool toy that tends to stay in his car more than his bot mode hmmmm...

Robzy
24th May 2009, 12:55 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

I find it interesting that Barricade was the first movie toy that you obtained alongside Ironhide63 and myself, high 5!! Barricade was my first movie figure too! :)

SentinelPrime
24th May 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi and Welcome! I am still in search of Baricade to complete my 07 movie deluxe line. I think everyone liked him, which is why I cant find him now.

shokwave2
24th May 2009, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the boards. Yes, that first movie scene with Blackout got the goosebumps up and kickstarted my TF collecting again. And to this day Blackout is still my fave movie character. I also grew up on G1 cartoons and owned a helluva lotta TF toys when i was young. These days i only focus on selected characters, Animated and G1 busts. As you said, less can be more. Until ROTF comes out:rolleyes:

AllHailBlackout
24th May 2009, 09:13 AM
Hi and Welcome! I am still in search of Baricade to complete my 07 movie deluxe line. I think everyone liked him, which is why I cant find him now.

Depends on what you deem as an acceptable price.. but I just thought Id throw up an ebay link for a Barricade. If you really want him, get him. He is a gorgeous figure.

Have a look at the link anyway..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-Movie-Deluxe-Barricade-ACTION-FIGURE-NEW_W0QQitemZ330329663551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item4ce92ea83f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C 301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

AllHailBlackout
24th May 2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the boards. Yes, that first movie scene with Blackout got the goosebumps up and kickstarted my TF collecting again. And to this day Blackout is still my fave movie character. I also grew up on G1 cartoons and owned a helluva lotta TF toys when i was young. These days i only focus on selected characters, Animated and G1 busts. As you said, less can be more. Until ROTF comes out:rolleyes:

Hey Shoks! What figures are you really looking forward to with the release of ROTF so imminent? Anything in particular or are you just going to get everything? LOL

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2009, 05:55 PM
SentinelPrime: you couldn't find any at Nexus? I think I saw some at the Parramatta Fair today.

Sam
24th May 2009, 09:21 PM
Hey welcome to the forum. :)

Autocon
25th May 2009, 12:14 AM
yes the movie started my collecting again after bws:rolleyes: kinda wish they hadnt now im broke

Wheel-J
25th May 2009, 02:06 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

optimus1
25th May 2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome :)

Bartrim
26th May 2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome to Ozformers

iceburn
26th May 2009, 09:20 AM
hi welcome!!
oh no.. more from Sydney now :D

k.wong23
26th May 2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome buddy x2

1orion2many
27th May 2009, 05:50 PM
:)Welcome to the board, been a bit lazy with my welcomes so I am catching up today:o

STL
29th May 2009, 11:41 PM
Welcome AHB! ;)