PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Se3Ep12 "Endgame Part Two" discussion

SentinelPrime
24th May 2009, 08:16 AM
I think that the first time we have had a resolution in the cybertronian wars.
Sad to see an autobot die. But good to see the autobots have victory.
Its also sad to see the Animated series end.

MV75
24th May 2009, 09:27 AM
Finally, a definitive ending to a series.

Best TF series ever.

SMHFConvoy
24th May 2009, 09:31 AM
Good conclusion. I wish there was an epilogue to it but at least it wasn't drawn out.

enforcer888
24th May 2009, 09:54 AM
What a great series, it really hit its stride in season 3. My only complaint is while wrapping up some loose ends, they need to make season 4!! Felt a bit rushed.

Paulbot
24th May 2009, 09:59 AM
I thought Sari was going to save the day on the moon after Shockwave took out Bulkhead and Bumblebee, and am glad she didn't! Not sure what was supposed to be happening when she touched the protoform though.

Twas not just an Autobot that had the big shutdown either.

I was sure the writers forgot Jazz was even there since he disappeared for half the episode!

And Prime, sending the humans to the building in the city that the bad guys are heading straight towards to destroy was not the smartest move!

Still feels like there's a lot of loose ends if they do make another series.

Anyone else expecting to see some Dinobots when they crashed on Dinobot Island?

enforcer888
24th May 2009, 10:01 AM
Anyone else expecting to see some Dinobots when they crashed on Dinobot Island?

Yeah was expecting some sort of comic relief/violence but nothing came of it.

If they don't announce a new season, they could at least produce a feature-length epilogue perhaps, right?

autobreadticon
24th May 2009, 10:07 AM
this is how it goes well i , i would of never know but if it ends today always know that animated shined brighter than anyone.

a great conclusion to the series, Optimus Prime arrived home and welcomed as hero to the people.

Ratchet felt no more guilt as Arcee was restored to her former-self

Prowl using his cyber ninja-training gather all the remaining allspark fragments on Earth, therefore the conclusion of any new characters created through the infusion of an allspark fragment.

Starscream joined the well of allsparks.

Sari wised up.

overall if this is the end im glad they tied up the series in a logical way, but it didn't address the remaining characters, but it doesn't really need to.

jaydisc
24th May 2009, 10:49 AM
I wonder what Wingblade Prime would have transformed into? Based on all the late-season shots of him in his firetruck alt mode, I wonder if the wings have transformed to finally give us a proper firetruck or if it would have been as lame as the converting axe = firetruck that we already have.

I'm not too well versed in TF TV fiction between G1 and Animated, but I think the use of the medium to explain/justify repaints was very cleverly done here, specifically Shockwave, Soundwave and the Seekers. I must have them all!

Also...

Can someone save me the effort of re-watching the entire series and explain to me what is known to have happened (as well as what's suspected to have happened) regarding these protoforms? I remember them being mentioned here or there in the series and outside the series (D.J.Wyatt), but can't recall the details.

MV75
24th May 2009, 10:55 AM
Also...

Can someone save me the effort of re-watching the entire series and explain to me what is known to have happened (as well as what's suspected to have happened) regarding these protoforms? I remember them being mentioned here or there in the series and outside the series (D.J.Wyatt), but can't recall the details.

Someone trashed prowls ninja master and stole them.

As for primes wings, they were just stabilisers on the jet pack. Nothing more besides being able to fly was intended.

griffin
24th May 2009, 11:32 AM
The protoforms were the ones stolen by Lockdown from Prowl's master (in five servos of doom), and sold to Starscream. Starscream then used some to make his clones, but somehow one landed on Earth and Sumdac found it, accidently activating it to turn into Sari. The remaining protoforms appeared to be destroyed by Megatron in the previous episode, to prevent Starscream from getting a new body, but Sari managed to find one (and looked to be activating it). That appears to be a loose end though. It did look like the final scene in the final episode that they still had 3 protoforms, or maybe they were just closed caskets of fallen Decepticons?

I felt it wrapped up a bit too quickly, with a number of loose ends - specifically all the other characters that are still running around on Earth. And Magnus should have made an appearance at the end to show that he was still alive.
And who else thought it was a big tease for the Lugnut Drones to land on Dinobot Island, and then not have the Dinobots appear?

I was surprised that Starscream's spark crystal was ripped out of his head, but none of the other Earth-made TFs were (or maybe they did, and they are all now dead too).

shokwave2
24th May 2009, 12:14 PM
I think Sari activating the protoform, no Ultra Magnus, a dinobotless Dinobot Island is the way writers of the show are leaving the door open for a 4th season if possible.

Golden Phoenix
24th May 2009, 12:19 PM
I was surprised that Starscream's spark crystal was ripped out of his head, but none of the other Earth-made TFs were (or maybe they did, and they are all now dead too).

The Death of Wreck Gar is a sad day indeed.
Unless Prowl was able to be selective over which fragments we gathered. That way he could have kept him Alive while killing Starscream, the Earthbound seekers and the Constructicons

MV75
24th May 2009, 01:23 PM
Yea, I was expecting the dinos to appear and munch megatron, but that would have prevented his battle with prime.

To an extent you have to assume the other "autobots" that were spark infused survived as Prowl didn't have the energy to collect those. Plus starscream just got too close, bit of bad luck to him there. And it took quite a bit of wrangling just to remove the shard from him and he was almost right next to prowl/jazz.

It was a pretty fitting end to prowl if you remember where he first came from and his beliefs before he was "conscripted". He went out a true hero.

The only thing I didn't get is how/what did prime do/happen to him to pull him out of the containment field when the clone blew?

I liked the 2nd cheer at the end when omega transformed on cybertron. :)

Gutsman Heavy
24th May 2009, 01:36 PM
The only thing I didn't get is how/what did prime do/happen to him to pull him out of the containment field when the clone blew?

Ghostly Prowl

Golden Phoenix
24th May 2009, 01:42 PM

I think that was Prowl. Looks kind of like a Allspark blue version of him leaping at Prime

MV75
24th May 2009, 02:19 PM
Just watched it again, ah yes, it is. Thanks guys. :)

SMHFConvoy
24th May 2009, 02:44 PM

True :(

However, Starscream had no spark and was only kept alive by the Allspark fragment in his head. It's not too clear that all other Transformers who came into being possess a spark or it's just the Allspark fragment...

SilverDragon
24th May 2009, 03:45 PM
I felt it was a fitting end, but there were just too many things left hanging, and it wasn't in an 'Hey, why don't we just leave these threads hanging to leave the story open' manner.

I was annoyed by the lack of Dinobots on Dinobot Island. Maybe they got crushed under the falling Lugnut Supremes?

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2009, 03:53 PM
...yeah, Starscream was already an undead zombie reanimated by an AllSpark fragment whereas TFs like Wreck Gar were actually given life by AllSpark fragments - so maybe that difference was enough to keep the other Earth-born TFs alive (at least I hope so).

I thought it was a pretty good ending, and while there were a few loose ends I thought that they wrapped them up pretty well. My suspicion is that the writers didn't know that this was going to be the final season until they'd already started writing Season 3. History has shown that Hasbro is notorious for doing this to TF writers. So if this is true, I can forgive the writers. If not, then they really have no excuse and it would be disappointing.

Optimus Prime was wearing something that resembled the Matrix around his neck when he returned to Cybertron. What was that and where did it come from? I'm assuming that it's a container for the gathered AllSpark fragments - but I don't recall the show explaining this.

I enjoyed seeing that Animated Bumblebee (Cybertron mode) with a G1 toy-accurate helmet! Apparently this character is named Furão (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Furao), which is Bumblebee's name in Brazil. :)

Prowl's death was a highlight for this episode for me:
+ It lends the episode a level of maturity seldomly seen in the TF cartoon by showing that war is consequential and that there are casualties.
+ Prowl willingly sacrificing his life completed this character's development.
+ The way the Autobots fashioned a coffin for Prowl and carried it out of Omega Supreme, showing respect for their fallen comrade - although I thought this was somewhat contradicted by the continued cheering from the crowd. But I suppose the writers were running out of time and trying to wrap everything up very quickly.

Doubledealer
24th May 2009, 04:00 PM
Two things I was hoping to see by the end of Animated:
1. Blackarachnia finding a way to turn back into Elita-1
2. A reformed Sentinel Prime

Disappointingly, these characters didn't even appear in the final episode of TFA. :( Overall, it was an okay ending to a generally kickass show. I wasn't really happy with the how easily Shockwave was captured, and would have preferred he went out in a blaze of glory (he defeated Ultra Magnus for crying out loud, but he can be beaten by Bulkhead??).

I don't know, it just seemed all too easy in the end for the Autobots...Like how Arcee is basically a present for Ratchet by just standing there waiting to be found. Shockwave as mentioned was a walkover, the Lugnut Supremes seemed to do nothing in the way of stopping anyone, Starscream missed every shot at Jazz and Prowl...The only Autobot that snarked it wasn't even taken out by a Decepticon, it was suicide! Up until this point the Decepticon actions had been unpredictable and they seemed to have a more powerful force generally. I hope this isn't the end for Animated because I don't want it to end like this.

Sentinel Prime is pretty stupid - Shockwave could probably impersonate Elita-1, convince him to let her go then take him hostage while freeing the other Decepticons. :D Come on season 4 pleeeeeaaaasssse!!

Golden Phoenix
24th May 2009, 04:21 PM
Sentinel Prime is pretty stupid - Shockwave could probably impersonate Elita-1, convince him to let her go then take him hostage while freeing the other Decepticons. :D Come on season 4 pleeeeeaaaasssse!!

He could say he was a double-double agent and an Autobot all along. He infiltrated Decepticon ranks so he could re-infiltrate Autobot Ranks so he could get Megatron to Cybertron and ambush him. Leading to the capture of Megatron and the retrieval of the All Spark...or something

autobreadticon
24th May 2009, 04:30 PM

i guess you could try and count the number of allspark fragments that appeared, it would make alot of sense that all non-protoform TF were destroyed from the removed fragments, remembering in the previousl episodes other dec. were captured, i really hope the next spin-off does a good job!

shokwave2
24th May 2009, 04:31 PM

We saw an allspark fragment float away from Dinobot island. Maybe that was ripped out of the Dinobots by Prowl. And if that's the case, then some of the fragments probably came from Wreck-Gar, Constructicons, etc. Anyway, I WANT ANSWERS SEASON 4!!!

Doubledealer
24th May 2009, 04:33 PM
He could say he was a double-double agent and an Autobot all along. He infiltrated Decepticon ranks so he could re-infiltrate Autobot Ranks so he could get Megatron to Cybertron and ambush him. Leading to the capture of Megatron and the retrieval of the All Spark...or something
Haha, that would make a lot more sense than a lot of things that happened in Endgame part II. :p For eg. How was Starscream able to control the Lugnut Supremes and why did they continue to operate after his death? When did he have time to make the modifications to them and how would he physically have achieved it? Why did they waste so many frames showcasing transformations when they could be tying up loose ends? When is season 4 due? :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th May 2009, 06:23 PM
Weren't Wreck-Gar and the Dinos (& the Constructicons) brought to life by allspark energy rather than shards?

Not quite as good as I was hoping, I would've liked to see Arcee actually do something for starters. Don't know what to think on this one, is it the end or just the end for now? Lots of loose ends IMO but then as far as TF endings go it's more definitive than most.:confused:

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th May 2009, 07:02 PM
I assumed that since Starscream was a sentient being before the allspark shard had effect, it was the shard that kept him alive. No shard=no life. The others (Wreck gar, dinbots etc) weren't attached to a shard, they had already been imbued with enough power so taking of shards had no effect

Unless Prowl was able to be selective over which fragments we gathered. That way he could have kept him Alive while killing Starscream, the Earthbound seekers and the Constructicons
When did Wreck-gar die?

Two things I was hoping to see by the end of Animated:
1. Blackarachnia finding a way to turn back into Elita-1
2. A reformed Sentinel Prime

Disappointingly, these characters didn't even appear in the final episode of TFA. :( Overall, it was an okay ending to a generally kickass show. I wasn't really happy with the how easily Shockwave was captured, and would have preferred he went out in a blaze of glory (he defeated Ultra Magnus for crying out loud, but he can be beaten by Bulkhead??).

I don't know, it just seemed all too easy in the end for the Autobots...Like how Arcee is basically a present for Ratchet by just standing there waiting to be found. Shockwave as mentioned was a walkover, the Lugnut Supremes seemed to do nothing in the way of stopping anyone, Starscream missed every shot at Jazz and Prowl...The only Autobot that snarked it wasn't even taken out by a Decepticon, it was suicide! Up until this point the Decepticon actions had been unpredictable and they seemed to have a more powerful force generally. I hope this isn't the end for Animated because I don't want it to end like this.

Sentinel Prime was in the crowd at the end, lookng displeased that Optimus had arrived. I think that BA becoming Elita-1 again would have been a stretch for this series. Maybe season 4.

As for Shockwave, Arcee was probably a trap to lure the Autobots into one area. He probably managed to take Magnus out through nabbing the Hammer before the fight somehow and using it against him. Afterall, Megatron was a bit shocked (scared/concerned?) when he saw Prime with the hammer. "Ultra Magnus?!? HERE?!?" If the hammer and Magnus could scare Megs, its gotta be powerful.

The Lugnut Supremes, although not effective as blasty robots, did a good job of showing how dire the situation was, giving Prowl the opportunity to come to the realisation of what he needed to do. After all, a big bomb in a big bot, with Megatron hanging around, and Optimus in all reality (even with the hammer) standing little chance against Megatron, shows that they are in some PRETTY deep doo doo.

I liked the way Prowl went, like Gok said, kinda came full circle and perhaps showed Prowl the reason for all his training and his journey up until now. He looked pleased with his lot in the end. Nice Matrix/allspark container at the end. Seemed like a nice final, although I was suprised about the transforming sequences being in there too. I was a bit worried as they are usually just time fillers.

Maybe the loose ends are for next season (crosses servos). I hope so, but it is a pretty final final. Would like to see Strika from team Charr take the lead of the Decepticons and go from there, maybe with a bit of Rodimus as the main autobot. Animated 2010?:D

Anyone notice the 6 shards from the water? Animated Seacons? :D
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/20090524115725.png

Primes funky Bling bling. Why isn't Arcee in the group there?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/20090524115501.png

King Atlas
24th May 2009, 07:10 PM
Twas an okay ending. It was lame that shockwave got beaten by bulkhead so easily. Also no more Team Chaar? lame...

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2009, 09:47 PM
IDW should tie up all the loose ends in the comics. It would really make the Animated comics worth collecting then. There's seriously a wealth of potential story-telling with all those loose ends...

I was disappointed with Sentinel Prime at the end... throughout the whole show we've seen his character development go forward and backward - mostly backward. And in the end he's just the same old jerkface Sentinel Prime. :( I would've really liked it if Sentinel was at least smiling (maybe sour-faced at first, but then changing to a smile) and then maybe saluting Optimus' crew. *massively.deep.sigh*

liegeprime
24th May 2009, 11:27 PM
I was left with a feeling that this is not really the end end, rather a series end setting up for an intro of another series featuring same character and universe but with different title. Kinda like Armada going into energon only better.... waaaaay better. Well here's hoping for a new season.

i_amtrunks
25th May 2009, 01:38 PM
Not the best episode ever made, but a nice series ender, that could easily be turned into a season ender...

No closure for the Dinobots, BA, seeker clones, Swindle, Lockdown or the Allspark bots. I was wondering if Prowl could not get further allspark fragments because he flat out refused to take the fragments from Wreckgar and the Constructicons...

It was a decent two parter, far stronger than the last one, which I felt was the weakest part of this season, after the Soundwave episodes the series really ramped up, but like many I fell that the series was forced to end too soon, another 13 episodes could have really fleshed out the series. I'm glad that they didnt because now I truly feel that they can continue with Animated, perhaps with Prime taking the role of Magnus while Ultra heals. Have the focus shift to a galactic span, perhaps the Autobots cleaning up the remnants of the Decepticon Army?

We had two Autobot deaths, and one Decepticon death in the series, Megatron is nigh indestructible, surviving that atomic blast that (if Screamer was telling the truth) would have obliterated all within a 100 mile radius, as well as numerous hits from the Magnus hammer, which is what I have always presumed was used to near-destroy Ultra Magnus. Shockwave obviously hasn't got the firepower to do it, his blasts in tank mode were only enough to deflect Bulkheads wrecking ball.

Prowl went out well, not sacrificing himself to save just Prime (like i half expected) but to save everything within the blast radius, and to put a serious dent in the Decepticon cause at the same time.

My only real nitpick was how did Starscream implant the self destruct mechanism, and how were teh sentinels still being controlled by Screamers will rather than turn over command to Omega when Arcee rebooted him?

Golden Phoenix
25th May 2009, 05:58 PM
When did Wreck-gar die?

Wreck-Gar was brought to life with an Allspark fragment. Assuming that the fragments keeps him alive and that Prowl took it at the end then he would be dead much like Starscream

GoktimusPrime
25th May 2009, 06:38 PM
I assumed that since Starscream was a sentient being before the allspark shard had effect, it was the shard that kept him alive. No shard=no life. The others (Wreck gar, dinbots etc) weren't attached to a shard, they had already been imbued with enough power so taking of shards had no effect
I'd assumed that he was living in a blasphemous state of undeath, much like G1 Starscream did for a short while after the Underbase Saga - although Animated Zombie Starscream still retained Starscream's will and persona, unlike G1 Zombie Starscream. If so, then perhaps that could exclude other TFs like Wreck Gar etc. who were given life by AllSpark fragments, as opposed to Zombie Starscream who was granted undeath instead.

How was Starscream able to control the Lugnut Supremes and why did they continue to operate after his death? When did he have time to make the modifications to them and how would he physically have achieved it?

My only real nitpick was how did Starscream implant the self destruct mechanism, and how were teh sentinels still being controlled by Screamers will rather than turn over command to Omega when Arcee rebooted him?
I'd say that the Starscream Supremes were operating on some kind of "trojan horse/virus" that Starscream had implanted along with those bombs in an act of delayed sabotage to be activated in the event that Lugnut should lose control of the Supreme clones. I must agree about the time thing though... installing megatonne nuclear warheads wouldn't happen overnight (and where the hell did he get them from?) -- again, more material for comic writers to exploit for an Animated "Expanded Universe" series. C'mon Ryall!

Paulbot
26th May 2009, 06:31 AM
I'm glad that they didnt because now I truly feel that they can continue with Animated, perhaps with Prime taking the role of Magnus while Ultra heals. Have the focus shift to a galactic span, perhaps the Autobots cleaning up the remnants of the Decepticon Army?

Ugh no thanks, that sounds too much like series three of G1 to me:( I prefer to see TFs on Earth :cool:

Kyle
26th May 2009, 07:40 AM

Best TF series ever.

+ 1. :p

kup
26th May 2009, 06:22 PM

Best TF series ever.

It actually left just as many loose ends as the Beast Wars ending only that this episode was less exciting..

IMO It was a good episode but it pales to the earlier episodes of the third season such as the premiere and it had an 'OMG! We have to end everything now!' kind of rushed feel to it.

Very good given the circumstances but hardly a classic episode even by Animated's standards as there has been better in this series.

GoktimusPrime
26th May 2009, 07:48 PM
IMHO I still think Beast Wars is the best Transformers television series ever. While both series had rushed endings, Animated's second season wasn't as jaw-droppingly need-to-change-your-underwearily (and Emmy Award winningly) awesome as Beast Wars S2. And Season 1 of Beast Wars is still mostly enjoyable ('cept The Low Road, but everyone else likes it!) whereas remembering Animated Season 1 makes me wanna cry. As far as all TF series are concerned, I still hold Marvel Comics G1/G2 as the best ever (Furman FTW!).

Just my opinion. :)