PDA

View Full Version : The Kmart ROTF Guide (and pricing) Book

jaydisc
26th May 2009, 08:58 PM
After Icey posted the link to the Kmart catalog that I couldn't access, I poked around the URL looking for more recent catalogs and stumbled across this (http://www.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=122). It seems to be an online version of a catalog of the ROTF toyline (with prices!) that I suspect Kmart will be distributing. It includes everything at least through Wave 2.

Deluxe: $28.99
Voyager: $49
Leader: $99
PowerBots: $49.99
Ultimate Battle Charged Bumblebee: $199.99 (are you serious?)
FAB: $28.99 (Same as deluxe!)
Gravity Bots: $28.99 (Same as deluxe!)
Role Play: $79
Legends: $6.99
Scout: $15.93

Ace
26th May 2009, 09:14 PM
So is jetfire going to be out on thursday or a later date?

jaydisc
26th May 2009, 09:16 PM
Later date. Only Prime and Megs are 1st wave.

GoktimusPrime
26th May 2009, 09:26 PM
That was a very useful link. I've now accordingly adjusted my RotF budget. Thanks for sharing jaydisc. :)

iceburn
26th May 2009, 09:28 PM
nicely done bro!

jaydisc
26th May 2009, 09:34 PM
Hey, i just noticed the Long Haul scout! I've never seen that before.

UPDATE: Actually, the picture of the FAB and Scout Long Hauls, while different pics, look to be of the same toy. The same Springer is also shown on both the Scout and Legend pages. Looks to just be errors.

swoop
26th May 2009, 09:36 PM
That bumblebee has to be a mistake, I cant believe that they would be silly enough to sell it at that price considering how poorly the first one did at $60 cheaper.

Firecracker
26th May 2009, 09:50 PM
Deluxe: $28.99

Fail K-Mart. Fail.

iceburn
26th May 2009, 09:51 PM
that's y they didn't publish it :D

Golden Phoenix
26th May 2009, 10:09 PM
The FAB and gravity bot prices have to be wrong. Not even Myer would do that.

That bumblebee has to be a mistake, I cant believe that they would be silly enough to sell it at that price considering how poorly the first one did at $60 cheaper.

Agreed. It is ridiculous considering it is pretty much the same toy

Doubledealer
26th May 2009, 10:30 PM
Those prices are freakin' ridonculous.

Zahhak
26th May 2009, 10:33 PM
didnt Kmart try and ditch their UBB just recently and failed, wtf is wrong with these people.

sifun
26th May 2009, 10:47 PM
you do realise they up the prices so that when they're on sale they are normal priced.

Lord_Zed
26th May 2009, 11:12 PM
Wooo GI Joe on the last page!

Oopps I mean good find, I'm interested to see what these new TF toys look like in the plastic, and I still have birthday money yay! Can't wait for Thursday.

I agree on the FAB Gravity bot prices being to high, No chance I'd buy wither at those prices.

FFN
27th May 2009, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Battle Charged Bumblebee: $199.99 (are you serious?) Stop wasting your money making this Hasbro. The fact that every retailer that you tricked into stocking this toy still can't get rid of 2007 versions means it was too expensive for kids who would have liked it, and too crap for adult collectors who could afford it.

LOGIC Hasbro, LOGIC.

FAB: $28.99 (Same as deluxe!)
Gravity Bots: $28.99 (Same as deluxe!)
I believe those are the right prices. FABs from the first movie cost about the same as Deluxes, while Gravity bots are are RRP 2415yen in Japan, same price as Deluxes.

Paulbot
27th May 2009, 01:21 AM
Gravity bots are more expensive than Deluxes in the US.

I want a hard copy of the guide! If it comes out this week someone please save me a copy! :D

Robzy
27th May 2009, 01:23 AM
Great link Jay...

Is this catalogue available in stores? I'd love a hard copy too!

iceburn
27th May 2009, 08:38 AM
Gravity bots are more expensive than Deluxes in the US.

I want a hard copy of the guide! If it comes out this week someone please save me a copy! :D

will keep a lookout for you

i_amtrunks
27th May 2009, 09:11 AM
Link didnt want to load up for me.

Not overly impressed with the prices, but I was expecting the FABS to be the same as the deluxes, they might be less intricate, but they are a little bigger than the deluxe figures.
At least Kmarts prices have not jumped up too much for most classes, unlike TRU and their increase to $70 for Voyagers.

Still think hasbro are shooting themselves in the foot by not having scouts under $15, and not really having a $10 or so priced line (not Legends) as it makes many other action figure based toys more appealing for price.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th May 2009, 09:38 AM
How big are the gravity bots supposed to be? I thought they were to combat Matchbox cars, but noone will buy it at that price.
Ultimate Bumblebee again? $200? No-way! Silly buggers. I guess thats how much we can expect Dev to be.

GoktimusPrime
27th May 2009, 09:41 AM
I don't like how FABs are the same price as Deluxes, but as others have said, they were the same price with the first movie toys anyway - so it really comes as no surprise that they're both at the same price point. Most of these prices look the same as the 1st movie toys when they came out... which were dear. (especially Voyagers and Leaders) :/

JuzMel
27th May 2009, 10:22 AM
Ahh just saw this, nice guide! Me wantee a hard copy too, hmmm otherwise the office printer might have to do just fine... :p

Gosh yeah the prices are horrible, I might just see if they go on further discount after the movie is out like they did for the 07 movie..

fatbot
27th May 2009, 11:01 AM
After looking at that, it looks like i'll only be getting scouts and legends. The rest are fugly beyond belief

Saintly
27th May 2009, 01:55 PM
good link Jay!

not the best of prices, but at least it's a guide

The_Damned
27th May 2009, 02:54 PM
saw a heap of out on display in batemans bay bought myself a dead end scout... optimus and megs look awesome

Ironhide63
27th May 2009, 03:48 PM
them prices...lil' steep. I have to get leadr Prime and jetfire...but megs...voyager.

Dylbot
27th May 2009, 06:11 PM
I went to Kmart knox, all of the rotf stuff, BUT NO DELUXES:mad:

Zippo
27th May 2009, 06:43 PM
Couldn't get anything from the New Zealand side of things to find anything similar, though leaders are advertised @ $99, regular $119. Guess thats better than Animated Leaders but considering Warehouse and Farmers offer them at $99 regular price ...

Nice find jay. Some good looks at Wave 2 characters, though its a long wait for wave 3 voyagers..

jaydisc
28th May 2009, 03:00 PM
This Guide is now publicly visible to all at http://www.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/ . I went to a Kmart today showing them that web page on my iPhone and asking for it, and of course, no one knew what I was talking about. My buddy, the Toy Lady, said she'd put some aside for me if they turned up.

I then called Kmart Customer Service, and the girl put me on hold to find out and came back and said it's only an online thing. I asked if she was sure, she said yes.

So, while I don't trust the knowledge of most customer service representative, the current official word is online only.

Robzy
28th May 2009, 03:25 PM
the current official word is online only.Gosh darn it!

Oh well, maybe I can just print it on nice glossy paper!

i_amtrunks
28th May 2009, 03:27 PM
So, while I don't trust the knowledge of most customer service representative, the current official word is online only.

Well that explains why it is so nice and snazzy, no need to print it!

Probably means that Hasbro AU whipped it up, and all Kmart had to do was add in logos and prices...

Gasaraki
4th June 2009, 08:09 PM
This was a nice surprise - Kmart has a catalogue titled "Transformers Guidebook" for ROTF toys.

Check it out here (http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=122&WT.mc_id=cat|Transformers_Guide_Book|20090528) - you can even download the PDF if you wanna keep it, coz Kmart usually only keep catalogues on their website for 1 week.

Tiby
4th June 2009, 11:01 PM
This is really cool. It's nice to see a place like K-Mart get into TFs like this.

iceburn
5th June 2009, 12:21 AM
a thread started by jaydisc exists.... (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4347&highlight=ROTF+guide)

Robzy
5th June 2009, 12:32 AM
a thread started by jaydisc exists.... (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=4347&highlight=ROTF+guide)
You beat me to it... :)

Tiby
5th June 2009, 12:33 AM
Threads merged

Robzy
5th June 2009, 12:52 AM
Threads merged... for the kill!