PDA

View Full Version : Botcon 08 has now been paid for.

Saintly
8th February 2008, 09:56 PM
I guess I'm going! :)

credit card got charge lastnight

1orion2many
8th February 2008, 10:43 PM
:)There's nothing like the old plastic money to send you broke with a smile:D.

Tiby
8th February 2008, 10:51 PM
Nice! My card registered an Iacon package....

griffin
9th February 2008, 01:43 AM
I'll have to check my credit card as well.

(I editted the title of this topic just a little, to distinguish it from a botcon topic I am working on at the moment)

jaydisc
9th February 2008, 10:49 AM
Nice! My card registered an Iacon package....

Same here! Anybody get the 2nd set of bagged figs?

iceburn
9th February 2008, 12:39 PM
Yes...my credit card too has been charged...US$514 = A$593.85
Here comes the box and loose set....

Paulbot
9th February 2008, 09:38 PM
My credit card has not been charged. This makes me unhappy because if they had their act together and could have alerted me to whatever mistake I must have made when I was filling the form in I could have fixed it. Puttup

griffin
9th February 2008, 09:55 PM
Well, my card was charged in the half day since my last post. It was AU$675.50, which works out to be the entire US$604 I signed up for (should mean I got the loose set and into the two pre-con tours).
I was really hoping the AU$ would go up a following our Interest Rate Rise at the same time as their Rates being slashed by over 1% in a month. Currently they are at 3% while we are at 6.5%, making investing in our currency more attractive - but the exchange rate didn't move at all, sitting still at 89-90 us cents.
At least it should mean the exchange rate shouldn't change much before Botcon in April, especially if there is talk of another rate rise here in March or April, and the US economy on the brink of recession (prompting more rate cuts there).
Still should be the best exchange rate at BotCon ever for me, so I gotta make sure I save up heaps to take advantage of it.

griffin
9th February 2008, 09:57 PM
That's not good Paul, because I think you got yours in before I did (I faxed mine in on the Saturday). I think you said that you got the confirmation email of it being received? I hope you weren't put too far to the bottom of the pile, and miss out on something.

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th February 2008, 03:46 PM
I got charged for mine, at the same time I also got charged for my renewal fees and some stuff I bought from the shop. They did pretty well getting a MEGA wod of cash from me.... I am excited now!! :D:D:D

iceburn
11th February 2008, 12:28 PM
did anyone get an email confirmation that their credit card has been charged and form processed too? seems like they have forgotten to do that

griffin
11th February 2008, 01:07 PM
From their email:

Hard copy confirmations will come in the mail starting at the end of
February.
Class and tour confirmations will come via email when your request is
processed.

Which means that you will get confirmation in the mail (however long that takes). It does mean though that they should have notified me the other day that I got on the tours.

Paulbot
11th February 2008, 01:48 PM
I'm still hoping that on US's Monday my order will be processed, because otherwise I'm bottom of the pile. This makes me very nervous about booking with their poor system for next year when I wanted to attend in person.

Saintly
11th February 2008, 03:45 PM
(I editted the title of this topic just a little, to distinguish it from a botcon topic I am working on at the moment)

no worries.. wasn't sure how to title it, so I made it broad...

I'm keen on this new topic you're working on though :)

Paulbot
13th February 2008, 04:13 PM
Just doing some netbanking to pay back Thanatos and I found that Botcon took my money!

Yay! I'm getting those toys and should now also be a OTFCC member. :)

griffin
14th February 2008, 12:44 AM
Not being nitpicky, but OTFCC was the failed venture by Glen Hallit when he forced the Hartmans to give him full control of BotCon.
If there is an acronym of the current mob, I think it is TFCC - it is official, but doens't seem to need to say it in its title.

I got this email the other day from the BotCon people:

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008
Subject: Update to all TCC members

This is going out to all TCC members BotCon info:
The Transformers Figure Customization Class for Wednesday and Thursday are now full. We have emailed everyone who got a seat in the class.
We still have 11 seats available in the two day Molding and Casting Class.
All classes are from 9am-5pm.
If you request on your registration form a class that is full, you will receive a call to see if you want to convert to the other class.
All tours are still available.

At least it means that I definitely got into the tours (they don't usually get a huge turn out for them), but at least it will give me something intesting to do while I am there.

Paulbot
14th February 2008, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah that's right. I thought it was the wrong accronym when I was typing it, but it seemed to make sense so I went with it. Either way I'm in the club now.

Saintly
14th February 2008, 10:17 AM
A question (maybe Griffin or TCC members can help here)... for those of us who also happened to signed up to TCC membership when signing up for botcon'08... has anyone got their membership details yet?

And will the TCC yearly figure be posted to us? or those attending Botcon'08 just pick it up at the rego desk?

Saintly
14th February 2008, 04:05 PM
UPDATE: 02-13-08!

As of today, the Loose Convention sets are now SOLD OUT!
The Boxed Convention sets are still available...but going fast.

source: www.botcon.com (http://www.botcon.com)

griffin
15th February 2008, 02:07 AM
Not surprising that the loose set sold out so fast, because there were only 200 this year (probably to allow for more boxed sets to be produced to cover more pre-registrants).
2005 toys - 1,250 each (800 boxed sets, 450 loose)
2006 toys - 925 each (750 boxed sets, 175 loose)
2007 toys - 1,450 each (1050 boxed, 400 loose)
2008 toys - (unknown boxed, 200 loose)

The 2005 set was so unpopular (they still have it in stock), they dropped the number in 2006. But those were so popular, they increased it in 2007, which was even more popular. We could see another increase this year, plus the drop in loose sets will make for even more boxed sets.

A question (maybe Griffin or TCC members can help here)... for those of us who also happened to signed up to TCC membership when signing up for botcon'08... has anyone got their membership details yet?
And will the TCC yearly figure be posted to us? or those attending Botcon'08 just pick it up at the rego desk?

The membership figures are posted out to all the members when they get them. That's even if the figure is ready by BotCon. It will be on sale there, but members will still get theirs posted out (that's what happened last year - non-members were able to buy one before the members got them).
You probably get a welcome email or something when they process your membership, because you have to know about exclusive access to their member forums and free magazine advertisement.

Saintly
15th February 2008, 09:56 AM
The membership figures are posted out to all the members when they get them. That's even if the figure is ready by BotCon. It will be on sale there, but members will still get theirs posted out (that's what happened last year - non-members were able to buy one before the members got them).
You probably get a welcome email or something when they process your membership, because you have to know about exclusive access to their member forums and free magazine advertisement.

thanks Griffin