PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming G1 Hasbro reissues

kup
28th May 2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/generation-1-perceptor-and-insecticons-to-be-re-issued-as-toys-r-us-exclusives-167724/

Toys R Us will be selling new G1 reissues including Perceptor and the trio of Insecticons.

The Insecticons sound like something appealing to keep MIB but there are also rumors of more reissues with the possibility of a Devastator.

Reissues are said to be for sale during September this year in the US so probably November/December for us if they do make it here.

However expect to pay a ridiculous amounts of money for local G1 reissues because that's the Australian TrU way.

i_amtrunks
28th May 2009, 12:35 PM
The Insecticons would make sense as a US$50 lot, which means we are looking at a close to $100 price tag, similar to Pinkimus Prime if they get released here.

roller
28th May 2009, 01:00 PM
hmmmm with scalpers R us prices

and the prices ive seen of the Collection Perceptor in person and on online shops

it may be worth buying it from TRU since the similiar prices

well i would if i saw it in person

but there are no TRU in WA :mad:

TheDirtyDigger
28th May 2009, 01:12 PM
Excellent. I need doubles for Peceptor and the Insecticons.

k.wong23
28th May 2009, 01:48 PM
Goody I would like insecticons :)

Linthart
28th May 2009, 02:23 PM
IF hasbro are releasing perceptor and insecticons, wouldn't this lead to a likely encore release?

i'll play hasbros game if they dont mess with the colours, chrome or mould

kup
28th May 2009, 02:40 PM
Perceptor's missile is pretty pointy so that may be remolded so that the kiddies who would never buy the toy don't get hurt.

We don't want a similar scandal like in the 80s were kids were loosing their eyes by the millions from small spring loaded missiles and long smokestaks. A whole generation of kids ended up crippled in those days we still see those Gen Xers all scared and mangled to this day from their unsafe transformer toys.

Robzy
28th May 2009, 03:17 PM
Excellent news about the Insecticons!

IF hasbro are releasing perceptor and insecticons, wouldn't this lead to a likely encore release?
Fingers crossed! :)

i'll play hasbros game if they dont mess with the colours, chrome or mouldThis is my concern too... As we know, Hasbro altered the mould in 1985 to include the "safety circles" on Kickback's wings (which were subsequently removed/restored to the original version for the TFC release)

TheDirtyDigger
28th May 2009, 03:18 PM
We don't want a similar scandal like in the 80s were kids were loosing their eyes by the millions from small spring loaded missiles and long smokestaks. A whole generation of kids ended up crippled in those days we still see those Gen Xers all scared and mangled to this day from their unsafe transformer toys.

I actually found the story last night of why the toy safety/missiles/springs things occured in the U.S.
Apparently in, I think, 1979, one child choked to death on a missile fired from a Battlestar Galactica toy. I'm sure I bookmarked it at home and will post a link later.

I just hope the Insecticons come with chrome guns.

Adzma
28th May 2009, 04:42 PM
Aw it's good news and bad news. Good because the idea of buying G1 reissues locally is always a fun prospect. Bad because they'll have nerfed missles and no chrome. Bittersweet. :) :(

kup
28th May 2009, 04:46 PM
I think the Nerfed missiles are a more likely prospect than lack of chrome. Hasbro could not possible be dumb enough to release reissues without chrome knowing that there is a better Takara/TakTom release out there. They should have already learned from the debacle that were the Commemorative Reissues that were denied chrome and nerfed vs the Takara Book reissues.

Sky Shadow
28th May 2009, 05:47 PM
I actually found the story last night of why the toy safety/missiles/springs things occured in the U.S.
Apparently in, I think, 1979, one child choked to death on a missile fired from a Battlestar Galactica toy. I'm sure I bookmarked it at home and will post a link later.

Yeah, that's why 'Rocket-Firing' Boba Fett missiles had to be glued in place:

http://theswca.com/textf/toydeath.html

liegeprime
29th May 2009, 08:08 AM

I just hope the Insecticons come with chrome guns.

Excellent. I need doubles for Peceptor and the Insecticons.

Yeah digger post the link please. Im looking forward to moooooore insecticons. With Scalper prices like $100 that means they'd be more on the shelves to buy:D. And put an end to the ridiculous prices the original reissue years ago. Just hoping they dont scrimp on the chrome on the figures itself, Hasbro "might" loose the chrome for the weapons though... you know just out of "tradition" ;)

TheDirtyDigger
29th May 2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah digger post the link please.

Umm check the post before yours liege. Skyshadow already posted a link.:)

GoktimusPrime
29th May 2009, 10:14 AM
It was a Battlestar Galactica Viper to be precise. And these laws are nothing new to Transformers - that's why in the 1980s, early G1 Transformers with missile launchers had intentionally weakened springs. They were only intended to hold projectiles in place but not to fire them. Although the Japanese reissues have strengthened launchers, the originals were never like that.

The basic test for launchable missiles is that they must be no shorter than a container of film. If it can fit inside a film container then it's considered to be a choking hazard. The other alternative (as we've seen) is to newter the launcher so that the missile is no longer a missile (launchable projectile). I prefer the newtering of launchers over lenghtening missiles. It doesn't effect the visual aesthetic of the toy. The counterargument is that they're not as fun to play with - but let's face it, the majority of people interested in G1 reissues would be adults rather than kids. And hey, none of our G1 TFs' missiles could launch properly when we were kids anyway! :p

I much prefer Takara's approach where they just market the toy exclusively to 15+ mature collectors which exempts them from child safety laws. But for whatever reason it's clear that Hasbro cannot or will not take this path, so for them I'd prefer to see newtered launchers and more visually accurate reissues.

...but of course, child safety has no bearing on their lack of CHROME. (-_-) :mad:

roller
29th May 2009, 10:30 AM
the shinyness of the chrome might blind a poor child :D

GoktimusPrime
29th May 2009, 12:13 PM
...meanwhile middle-class and wealthy kids are immune. <bada-boom-TISH> :p

TheDirtyDigger
29th May 2009, 12:42 PM
...but of course, child safety has no bearing on their lack of CHROME. (-_-) :mad:

I've heard from the horse's mouth (and as we all can attest) Hasbro have a smaller paint budget per figure than Takara.
I guess Hasbro just aren't making enough money from Transformers.:rolleyes:

is to newter the launcher so that the missile is no longer a missile (launchable projectile). I prefer the newtering

Haha I'm hoping you meant neuter! ;):)

Adzma
30th May 2009, 08:59 AM
I much prefer Takara's approach where they just market the toy exclusively to 15+ mature collectors which exempts them from child safety laws. But for whatever reason it's clear that Hasbro cannot or will not take this path, so for them I'd prefer to see newtered launchers and more visually accurate reissues.
Well I don't know how it works in the US but certainly here they can market it at people aged 15+ and forget about choking hazards. After all, we received MP Magnus and Convoy with no trouble.

MV75
30th May 2009, 12:08 PM
And those were sold in target, not as a hasbro/tru deal.

And yes, as Linthart said in post 6, encore immediately came to my mind too. :)

jaydisc
31st May 2009, 10:20 AM
Comment written down at Hasbro Q & A

Will all have vac metal, Perceptor no missile launcher

Tober
31st May 2009, 10:39 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/DSC03913.jpg

Is that the single or double tape space?

Trailer Park Ninja
31st May 2009, 11:02 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/DSC03913.jpg

Is that the single or double tape space?

Ooohh pretty... Love the box art/display potential on the packaging. Might have to get 2 of these.

k.wong23
31st May 2009, 11:07 AM
Very nice packaging!

I may want to pick this up if quality doesn't differ from Encore

GoktimusPrime
31st May 2009, 11:35 AM
Looks to be single tape. Hasbro finally worked out how to a proper Soundwave reissue eh? :)

MV75
31st May 2009, 12:08 PM
That's the SDCC soundwave set isn't it?

jaydisc
31st May 2009, 12:15 PM
That's the SDCC soundwave set isn't it?

Yes

MV75
31st May 2009, 12:21 PM
Also interesting to note that stickers are pre-applied.

blackie
31st May 2009, 01:15 PM
is that soundwave going to hit retail? or am i going to have to import him too?

jaydisc
31st May 2009, 01:20 PM
It might hit retail. Some have (Alt Rodimus at Toyworlds), some haven't (Titanium Skywarp).

Wheel-J
1st June 2009, 06:44 PM
So atm here is the list of the upcoming G1 hasbro commemorative reissues (?):

Perceptor
Insecticons (set of 3)
Soundwave (set of 5 incl cassettes)

blackie
1st June 2009, 06:52 PM
So atm here is the list of the upcoming G1 hasbro commemorative reissues (?):

Perceptor
Insecticons (set of 3)

soundwave is the SDCC exclusive isnt it?

Wheel-J
1st June 2009, 07:11 PM
soundwave is the SDCC exclusive isnt it?

So atm here is the list of the upcoming G1 reissues

Hasbro Commemorative
Perceptor
Insecticons (set of 3)

SDCC exclusive

These universe packagings make things very confusing...

k.wong23
2nd June 2009, 09:24 PM
Cool maybe i'll sell encore soundwave in that case!

Ironhide63
2nd June 2009, 09:42 PM
Say they DID reissue G1 Devastator...how much would we/I be looking to pay...im interested in getting a G1 Devastator. Reissued or original, altho we all know how hard it would be to get an original G1 Devastator...on perfect condition these days.

roller
2nd June 2009, 10:01 PM
Say they DID reissue G1 Devastator...

when did they reissue it?

Im pretty sure they havent

MV75
2nd June 2009, 10:06 PM
Hypothetical question there Roller.

As for the question, well, have a look at the coming Encore bruticus. I'd expect around that price. ~$80USD.

Tober
2nd June 2009, 10:08 PM
Probably about as much as Encore Bruticus, around AU$100 + shipping.

EDIT: Beaten again :p

kup
3rd June 2009, 12:07 AM
Looks like the SDCC Soundwave will be using the Soundblaster mold:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/sdcc-exclusive-soundwave-packaging-images-167794/]

Not very "Authentic Generation 1 Style" isn't it? :rolleyes:

However there are two 'Soundwaves' depicted there as we also have a Soundwave in alt mode with a single deck.

NoenGaruth
3rd June 2009, 11:16 AM
Well the packaged figure from botcon shows him with the single deck so I'd presume that the one on the back of packaging is just an error.

Pic here:
http://tformers.net/g/albums/11660/DSC03913.JPG

MV75
3rd June 2009, 11:22 AM
This seems familiar. I'm sure we've gone through this single vs double before...

Didn't they have a single deck version of the commemorative one as well, but what we did get was the double?

Would make sense for Hasbro to re-use their double version from the last soundwave they released and leave takara with their single version.

Paulbot
3rd June 2009, 01:00 PM
Excellent news about the Insecticons!

Fingers crossed! :)

This is my concern too... As we know, Hasbro altered the mould in 1985 to include the "safety circles" on Kickback's wings (which were subsequently removed/restored to the original version for the TFC release)

At the Hasbro Design panel they said that the wings will not be blunted (so those toys should be the same ones from the TFC release).

Doubledealer
4th June 2009, 09:49 AM
Well the packaged figure from botcon shows him with the single deck so I'd presume that the one on the back of packaging is just an error.

Pic here:
http://tformers.net/g/albums/11660/DSC03913.JPG

Is this the final product? I'm wondering why Ravage has plastic black legs...and where are his stickers/paint apps? :confused:

d*r*j*
4th June 2009, 02:40 PM
Is this the final product? I'm wondering why Ravage has plastic black legs...and where are his stickers/paint apps? :confused:

Can't answer your question...
But if that is the final version, and Ravage has black legs and no paint apps... that would be awesome! We don't need 18 re-issues of the same thing, this will mix it up nicely.

GoktimusPrime
5th June 2009, 12:33 AM
It's hard to tell if those legs are metal or plastic from that photography. Also, cassettes only have stickers/paint apps on ONE side with the other side being the main "robot" side. With Ravage, his right side has all the cassette decos while the left represents his robot body. All the cassettes are like that.

The left side of Ravage...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/ravage_comparison.jpg

And here's (http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/0307tranceformer/images/photo06.jpg) what the right side looks like.